• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplussery: April Fools Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
I get a freeze when trying to load from a snapshot, and i'm pretty sure that it's the knockback modifier code.

EDIT: oh, i'm using B+ tweaker v008

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well, while I wait for the txt, I'll test this out as it is.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Which explains why this isn't in the plusery...I don't feel like setting up codes as a joke, whats so April Fooly about the Punch?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Which explains why this isn't in the plusery...I don't feel like setting up codes as a joke, whats so April Fooly about the Punch?
Since Beta 4 is all about balance changes we have decided to start a new topic in order to centralize all the ideas and post. Think of it as a fresh slate.

This way new players can also jump right in instead of having to search through pages upon pages of discussion. The old Brawlplussery should be locked here soon. Now, on with what you guys really care about!

Right from the OP man. This new topic should be stickied shortly.

GPDP

Smash Ace
I like this codeset. Definitely a great balance you guys got going on here.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
That's definately the best codeset so far. Everyone seems pretty balanced. Falcon feels awesome right now.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
This rather is the Brawl-Pawnchery...

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I am not completely sure this is the right place but I have a few ideas for DK tweaks. From what I have seen even in beta 4 the only changes are faster fast fall and a shorter short hop. I know DK is probably one of the most balanced characters and doesn't need any real changes (he is that awesome), but it would be nice to have some tweaks to spice things up even if they aren't game changing.

1) Being able to move backwards during a grounded up-b for better spacing.
2) A mini boost similar to Peach's double jump after a successful headbutt spike. Kind of like a face powered footstool. This would help DK spike lower than before and help make it safer on hit at the same time. Making unsweetspotted headbutts either knock them too far to punish you on hit or changing the hitbox so that it always sweetspots would be nice.
3) Being able to grab ledges with his giant punch (at least being able to grab the edge right after the punch when really close). If he could grab the edge a bit past his fist it would be awesome.
4) Give his nair a bigger hitbox. His uair and bair have better damage, knockback, priority, and outreach the nair. They even end quicker and attack earlier. Its only avdantage is that nair's attack lasts longer than both but the hitbox is so awkward that taking advantage of the prolonged attack is almost luck. With a bigger hitbox hitting with the end of the attack would be a lot more manageable.

I doubt 3 and the first part of 2 can be done but hopefully these changes can be implemented. None of these changes are overpowered or anything and would definitely add some flavor to DK's game.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I am not completely sure this is the right place but I have a few ideas for DK tweaks. From what I have seen even in beta 4 the only changes are faster fast fall and a shorter short hop. I know DK is probably one of the most balanced characters and doesn't need any real changes (he is that awesome), but it would be nice to have some tweaks to spice things up even if they aren't game changing.

1) Being able to move backwards during a grounded up-b for better spacing.
2) A mini boost similar to Peach's double jump after a successful headbutt spike. Kind of like a face powered footstool. This would help DK spike lower than before and help make it safer on hit at the same time. Making unsweetspotted headbutts either knock them too far to punish you on hit or changing the hitbox so that it always sweetspots would be nice.
3) Being able to grab ledges with his giant punch (at least being able to grab the edge right after the punch when really close). If he could grab the edge a bit past his fist it would be awesome.
4) Give his nair a bigger hitbox. His uair and bair have better damage, knockback, priority, and outreach the nair. They even end quicker and attack earlier. Its only avdantage is that nair's attack lasts longer than both but the hitbox is so awkward that taking advantage of the prolonged attack is almost luck. With a bigger hitbox hitting with the end of the attack would be a lot more manageable.

I doubt 3 and the first part of 2 can be done but hopefully these changes can be implemented. None of these changes are overpowered or anything and would definitely add some flavor to DK's game.
We messed with DK's over B for a bit, but in the end we decided to release the set without it. As you said DK is a good character. When we get something nifty for the side-b we'll add it though.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
we'll look at it for 4.1

Also....Shortfuse.

Thanks, That advice about not using the double GCT method helped meout.

Everything works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ganon and >B FLY.. Just like he was suppose to!!!

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
We messed with DK's over B for a bit, but in the end we decided to release the set without it. As you said DK is a good character. When we get something nifty for the side-b we'll add it though.
Is it possible to do that kind of stuff with his headbutt with the codes we have now? What kind of changes were you looking into? Where can I find a complete list of codes at? Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions if they bug you.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
****, I was hopping the sonic momentum fix would have gotten in before release 4.0.

Revven

FrankerZ
Guys, guys, guys! MK is so bad now in comparison to the other characters that we buffed so much with this set. I think you need to buff him and then this set will be perfect!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm taking this codeset with me to a tourney. Maybe we'll have a mini-Brawl+ tournament.

I'm hearing A LOT of positive responses on this codeset, so I'm sure everyone will like competing in this codeset for money.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Why is the hitstun so low? Brawl+ was supposed to have lots of hitstun! Unless this is the same amount of hitstun as the last time (or more), I am sticking with the old codeset. If I am missing something, someone please tell me.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
This is going to sound dumb, but is there a code out there that makes every character able to fly like Link and Ganon? I have the greatest Idea for a stupid little Brawl variation!

Also, what is the action ID for falling helplessly?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I'm having waaayyy too much fun with Ganon right now. Screw vBrawl and Brawl+, this **** is heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom