• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

:034:

Smash Hero
Cause it's ****ing annoying. Whenever someone tells you anything you never know if it's true or not. Plus a ton of websites become less useful because guess what it's april ****ing fools and they want to **** around and piss off their viewers with false information.
I usually don't post here, but I gotta say, truer words were never spoken.

tubes

Smash Ace
April fools is an alright holiday and all but when they celebrate it on an internet forum its just fail

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Eh, another question about usage:

Was messing around the other day and realized that if you jump from the ledge, waveland off and do an up-air you can still easily make it back to the stage. Does anyone use this to edgeguard? It doesn't seem to be any more useful than just jumping on the stage and u-airing (unless they're Fox/Falco and are doing a low angle Firefox/bird), but it looks cooler.

soap

Smash Hero

Was messing around the other day and realized that if you jump from the ledge, waveland off and do an up-air you can still easily make it back to the stage. Does anyone use this to edgeguard? It doesn't seem to be any more useful than just jumping on the stage and u-airing (unless they're Fox/Falco and are doing a low angle Firefox/bird), but it looks cooler.
this technique was created by thomas tippman many moons ago

Church

Smash Cadet
i am completely new to falcon i can shffl pretty well, chain grab, and i try to tech chase but i really dont know anything about the falcon. So could anyone help with combos and advanced techs if there are any. Any info i would love to hear and im already reading character match ups.

ps- i've heard that n-air combos great but idk how to combo with it at all and to Scar to yu use c-stick for all your aerials or the A button or a mix of the 2
There was a video link Scar posted somewhere about basic falcon comboes that he said really helped him when he first started out. It's outdated I think but it still gives you a great idea of how to approach comboes with falcon. I'm really sorry i forgot what the video was called but if Scar reads this he'll probably post it for you.

Nair comboes very well, into other nairs, into knee, at really low % into grabs from which you can start the combo process over, etc. Also, I use both A and the c-stick. C-stick is good for fastfalling down aerials (or not fastfalling dairs which you can't do with A w/o using a jump) and for moving backwards and kneeing.

Also, where in Upstate NY are you T. Webb?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
There was a video link Scar posted somewhere about basic falcon comboes that he said really helped him when he first started out. It's outdated I think but it still gives you a great idea of how to approach comboes with falcon. I'm really sorry i forgot what the video was called but if Scar reads this he'll probably post it for you.

Nair comboes very well, into other nairs, into knee, at really low % into grabs from which you can start the combo process over, etc. Also, I use both A and the c-stick. C-stick is good for fastfalling down aerials (or not fastfalling dairs which you can't do with A w/o using a jump) and for moving backwards and kneeing.

Also, where in Upstate NY are you T. Webb?
Im about an hour away from albany so yea. When i move out my parents house in a few months dont worry i'll be playing everywhere so we will defintely smash soon:chuckle: i lose though because im a noob:psycho:

Foxy

Smash Master
I do the one-hit nair to grab sometimes... but just to be flashy. Even if you were in the falling position where you have few other opportunities, a uair at the same spot would probably be better.

It's just for fun.

strangely mundane

Smash Journeyman

I do this sometimes, although usually I just ledgehop Up-air and re-grab the ledge.

Scar

#HarveyDent
correct me if i'm wrong but CF can also let go of the ledge, uair immediately, then dj recover pretty easily
Hey Scar, do you think that shuffle nair (first hit only) to grab is worth implementing? Does it even work on real people (I'm too impatient to wait until the weekend to try it)?
yeah it definitely works a lot, people usually shield after nair so the grab is great

the only thing i wouldn't recommend is comboing out of it, many times i get a fulljump uair>single hit nair l-cancel on platform to combo but it rarely gets the grab after that, idk why

also don't spam this, use it rarely and wisely

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i have a question: what can i do for approaching matters with falcon? i have a friend of mine who is a freaking beast with link and can **** the shiz outta me because i cant even touch him, he runs into me with a nair i cant counter unless i shield grab him but then he gets the hang of it and turns it around:(

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Scar what are good way to practice fluidity and are there any tutorials that would help a beginner falcon???

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Scar what are good way to practice fluidity and are there any tutorials that would help a beginner falcon???
I don't know how Scar does it, but I got fluid by playing Fox. It got me more technically sound and I was obsessed with wavelanding. Wavelanding is what makes you fluid. Try jumping from below a platform and wavelanding before you even get to the peak of your jump. Stuff like that. Other things that make me feel sexy: WD out of dash dance (works better/sexier with Marth and Fox), walljumping, ledgecancelling, nearperfect shuffles (Fastfalling right makes them sexy and speeds them up). It's all about speeding up your game and knowing when stuff is cancellable.

Also, moonwalking.
I wish I could moonwalk like SS.
For a tutorial, this is it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7522490502417253564
2 years old, though

If you want a tutorial on sexy movement, just watch some SS. I watched a video of him 2 days ago in which he was on the cloud on Yoshi's, Falcon Kicks INTO the stage and double jumps out of the wallkick and nairs Zhu.

Cups

Smash Ace
lvl1 bowser with a 9 handicap on FD. Practice shffling and then running away and through him after you do the aerial.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
either way, its a bad idea unless theyre right in front of you off the stage for some reason. you pop right up in the air with a good amount of lag, the other player should just go hit you, but i dont know the exact situation cause i havent seen the match

soap

Smash Hero
run, sh backwards waveland forwards is really fun for me to do for some reason, it feels so smooth.

also moonwalk sh backwards waveland forwards.

Scar

#HarveyDent
thats an old jiano trick that is actually a horrible idea cause its like the most free edgeguard you could possibly give fox
truth. but it's still awesome because it's a FALCON KICK
It was against Falco.
IMO it's worse against falco, if zhu had walked up slowly and pushed the yellow stick towards SS he would have killed him

true fact

Ja

Smash Journeyman
You **** her. Nair and Uair are your friends. Nair beats her missile spam, and uair is just ****. If you space uair right it will beat samus's sex kick. Dthrow and combo. Be patient, watch out for cc, get grabs and combo that *****. If you can get samus in the air, you can get a uair juggle going that is very hard to escape from.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I never got into competitive melee..usually only played with friends. And now when I go to tournies, I hear "SHFFL" being tossed around a few times and just pretend I know what they mean when I don't. (lol) So what does it mean to SHFFL?

Top Bottom