• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashing vs. Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Well, I played a lot of people in the last few days and I was experimenting with snake. I noticed that it seemed like I could pull out my shield faster when I walk. When I dash, I gain forward momentum but the shield comes out slightly slower. Is this true ?

If it is, which one is the safest choice ?

I am a Snake main :)

Nic64

Smash Lord
you can't shield immediately when you dash, additionally you retain more options when walking. usually you want to walk while your enemy is in a solid position, you can run to chase them more once you've hit them with something and they're at a disadvantage, but generally you want to camp a lot as snake anyway

Panix

Smash Ace
Walk unless they are in hitstun /far enough away to not punish a run.

Walk - 80%

Run - 6%

Mortaslide - 14%
Fixed =P.

Just kidding, but I do tend to mortar slide alot, mainly to get myself away from chain grabberss.

Bladewing

Smash Apprentice
i think it depends on the matchup. for example, for sonic i ussually walk toward them when they're in their b animation. for falco and fox i generally crouch and crawl.

for everyone else i stand still and spam nades

napZzz

Smash Hero
walking? I'm usually doing the dash and ending with shield when I move, idk why. Running is kinda useless, why run when you cal slide fastahhh :p

Winnar

Smash Lord
Walk unless they are in hitstun /far enough away to not punish a run.

Walk - 30%

Run - 60%

Mortaslide - 10%
I run all the time <_<

I also shield stop a lot.

[Above percentages may or may not be accurate as it is 2:30am right now and that makes my judgement a little questionable]

Winnar

Smash Lord
Oh I forgot I also crawl sometimes. If I'm fighting Falco or Fox I like to crawl around <_<

I also sometimes crawl under hitboxes, like if I fight ganon I'll just run up next to him, shield stop, and then duck under a jab or whatever to u-tilt or something. Once they start figuring it out and hitting me and I start losing then I do other things but it's still funny :o

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Oh man it used to be:

Mortarslide 50% o_0
Walk: 10%
Run: 40%

Thats when I first learned how I play him lol

Now its

Mortarslide: 15%
Walk: 55%
Run 30%

Slide is totally overated but has its uses. I just like to take it slow and walk it makes it easier for me to think and do my thing :)

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
I used to have a pretty pro balance of all three.

Then I became a nub with Snake.

For some reason, now all I do is roll, and whenever I hit my opponent off the stage, I automatically mortar slide in their direction.

I'm such a noob. -_-"

Wow, this Wolf signature makes me seem out of place posting at the Snake boards...​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom