• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
Ya playstyles with Falcon makes a HUGE difference.. I've noticed you did really well vs Vwins (Peach). I'm sure other falcons have character specialization like spacies and stuff.
i actually think i played really badly vs him, i suck against peach

he really didnt do that well @ rom, i outplaced him pretty solidly and i think that i definitely could have beaten him if i played him in tourney, but it was just that one tournament and i'm sure he's much better than his placement would suggest.

falcon dittos are tough IMO because there are so few falcon mains that people outside the MW don't get experience vs other good falcons, and people play falcon dittos against falcon mains so their exp is largely based on exp vs good falcons.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i notice yoru sig says Genesis MM's, wanna MM scar? cheap like $1 or $2? i think it'd be fun, im ok against falcon

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i actually think i played really badly vs him, i suck against peach

he really didnt do that well @ rom, i outplaced him pretty solidly and i think that i definitely could have beaten him if i played him in tourney, but it was just that one tournament and i'm sure he's much better than his placement would suggest.

falcon dittos are tough IMO because there are so few falcon mains that people outside the MW don't get experience vs other good falcons, and people play falcon dittos against falcon mains so their exp is largely based on exp vs good falcons.
Lol definitely, he has the curse of 25th place OOS. =P

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
the only match i enjoy playing is falcon dittos i dont really like playing this game high level LOL probably because i never play XP

metashinryu

Smash Ace
scar what is exactly *tech skill* and how i can improve it with falcon?
people please stop doing this,everytime someone posts a question somebody just puts some random crap and doesnt reply to the question,this is repeated to no end till the page is shifted and then no one sees it=question not answered,i have posted this question 3 times over without a reply because of this.

so anyone can please response?.i want this question to be answered,thankyou.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
tech skill or (technicall skill) is how well you execute different things with your character (how well you wd, waveland, moonwalk, l cancel...hat stuff) you can improve it just by practicing really..tech skill is something you can practice by yourself...

Milos

Smash Lord
yea tech skill is really

well it's kinda

i guess

your level of technical skill is defined by your ability to make use of all the "techniques" at your disposal.

so characters like ice climbers and fox and falco have a higher technical peak (imo) then other characters. this doesn't make them the best of course, but it certainly helps.

Milos

Smash Lord
yea i mean

it's like when you press a button, and it does something.

for real, it's mad hard to explain

tech skill, is something that i have. definition of it right thur

Milos

Smash Lord
well put lol. basically the more refined your tech skill, the more precise control you'll have over your character.

i'm talking about efficient tech skill btw, not the flashy stuff you do between stocks

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
milos and i are ****** this thread.

NO hahah we do know what it is

it is what how we've explained it

tech skill is how well you've mastered the technical aspects of the game.

if thats teh sort of definition you are looking for

Milos

Smash Lord
for real this is some thread jacking

all i see when i scroll down really fast is blue and pink flashing hahaha

smash directors and debaters for the phail

haha i know what tech skill is son, have you SEEN my fox

im like, silent wolf times 5000 with shiz reflexes and mew2king efficiency

too bad I always sandbag like isai....

oh wait....

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL.
its like 230

cut us some slack.

milos i dont know what hes talking about

we rule

Scar

#HarveyDent
scar what is exactly *tech skill* and how i can improve it with falcon?
technical skill is the complement to mindgames, it is the component of Smash that deals with button input and your ability to make your character do exactly what you want when you want

"technical" players not only have a large amount of mastery over making their character do what they want, but they frequently want their character to do things that are physically demanding and difficult to perform with consistency. very technical players have the ability to do those things consistently.

improving tech skill is largely a matter of experience with the game and the amount of time you spend repeating techniques. training sessions can also be helpful.

if you know what you're bad at, repetition of the technique is the best way to transform the move into simple muscle memory, but many people do not know what they cannot do and how to get better so they never get better technically
people please stop doing this,everytime someone posts a question somebody just puts some random crap and doesnt reply to the question,this is repeated to no end till the page is shifted and then no one sees it=question not answered,i have posted this question 3 times over without a reply because of this.

so anyone can please response?.i want this question to be answered,thankyou.
this is how the boards work, people go back and read stuff though, if your question is good it'll get answered... but come to think of it, if this thread would be more helpful if it were only Q&A maybe i should infract the balls off u guys
i'm talking about efficient tech skill btw, not the flashy stuff you do between stocks
plz don't even make the distinction bro, it's good to do that nowadays because people don't actually know what technical play is, but if they say something incorrect i'd rather have 4 or 5 people flame them for it than have you clarify between "tech skill" and "flash"

metashinryu

Smash Ace
finally i got a clear answer,these guys were getting me stuff i doubted,by the way you should do this thread Q&A only and pwn up the spammers that only post for their post count.

one question what are good percents to ghaingrab mario,sheik,marth and dk? i can do it o all of em except for dk, he is almost unchaingrabbable(and my chaingrab is pretty **** good)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
CF chaingrab doesn't really work... we've been over this.

if you throw them, and they look like they're at a nice height to grab in the window that you expect them to stay in hitstun, regrab, if they're too low, tech chase, if they're too high shffl nair/uair.

From what I've seen:
it should almost never "work" on Mario (maybe with dthrow @ 0% vs. away DI...)
it "works" with uthrow vs. Sheik (no DI @ around 0%, up until like, away DI around 25%)
it "works" with dthrow vs. Marth (no DI around 0%, again around 25% with away DI)
it "works" with uthrow on DK pretty similar %s to Sheik but up until like the 30s with away DI

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
CF chaingrab doesn't really work... we've been over this.

if you throw them, and they look like they're at a nice height to grab in the window that you expect them to stay in hitstun, regrab, if they're too low, tech chase, if they're too high shffl nair/uair.

From what I've seen:
it should almost never "work" on Mario (maybe with dthrow @ 0% vs. away DI...)
it "works" with uthrow vs. Sheik (no DI @ around 0%, up until like, away DI around 25%)
it "works" with dthrow vs. Marth (no DI around 0%, again around 25% with away DI)
it "works" with uthrow on DK pretty similar %s to Sheik but up until like the 30s with away DI
some notes on these... well no nvm. yeah, lol, cf has lots of cg's if they DI wrong, but every single thing can be escaped

DK can up b out of any uthrow attempt, ganon di up, marth di up or away pending %, sheik up, and chars like mario or of that floatiness dthrow is relatively reliable but going too high w/ up di or away lower is good

but then again, they don't have many choices with DI, they DI poorly and get grabbed again or they DI out of getting grabbed and get combo'd which is even worse

falcons grabs are really good, except bthrow and fthrow lol, i guess bthrow kills ok at high percents on like the edge of green greens but come on...

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i use fthrow as setup for knee when they expect an uthrow/dthrow,almost always work,i use back throw for tech chasing or throw floaties off the edges is that fine?

Top Bottom