• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ THIS: Posting habits in the Peach Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Just a warning. I've come to realize that people are getting so confrontiational on different views of matchups and disagreements in general, there have been a lot less disagreements vocalized in many threads - this is because people don't want to deal with the hassle of getting attacked personally.One good example being mains of other characters not contributing good stuff to the matchup thread because they will be attacked and flamed for somehow saying they have an advantage in a matchup verse us. This is really skewing the matchup thread and a lot of the information in many of our threads is inaccurate or missing key components that only non peach mains can really contribute with.

For this reason

If I catch you taking things personally or attacking other members who are trying to contribute, expect my full wrath and the full wrath of mods browsing this forum. Since I don't actually have wrath I just mean "major flaming" infractions - or maybe even a temporary ban. If you get a ban and try to go on an alt account to try to continue said altercation, I would then ban the alt account I'm sick of being nice, but it's really getting in the way of useful and good discussion because things should not get personal, we are all trying to help. So carry on. I don't usually exercise mod powers too liberally like this, but this is becoming a SERIOUS problem in our forum and it needs correction.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
YUP! Let me quote his post into this thread.

Mikey Lenetia said:
All right, this is the only time I'm going to address this. We need to stop being so confrontational about things in general. Wonder why we don't get a lot of people? I'm VERY certain that attacking each other in any degree is not helping us get the insights we need. Seriously, we only have the same people posting in these threads, and it's lucky that people like Umbreon come in here to discuss things with us. They bring in insights that those of us that post here regularly shouldn't just say 'no you're wrong' but take what they say and learn from it. Why do they say the things they do? What are their credentials and whatnot? Listen more before we speak.

This thread should be about WHY we're being held back, supported by what we've already discussed in the match-up threads. If you have something new to add about a matchup, post there first so we can get some valuable information. And the rest of us should not immediately jump at their throats, like so many of us are getting in the habit of doing. Joking or not, it's driving people away, and seeing a page full of an argument leads me to believe that it's an issue that's hurting all of us as a group of people trying to get to understand a character better. So suck it up, be nice, and if you can't say something nice, delete your post and wait until you cool off.
Also, I realized I should close this thread. It isn't for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom