• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida T.O. MK Ban/nerfing Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
This seems to be a hot topic lately, and im generally curious myself of what the other TOs of Florida are thinking. Perhaps maybe a MK BAN or LIMITATION is necessary. It has been generally accepted that MK defenitly needs some discussion as alot of the main threads in the ATL SOuth threads, this is defenitly an important point. Well i want to know what we're going to do about it, because just sitting here and having milllions of conversations about it and then not doing anything, our game of Brawl is gonna get more boring then it already is. Im not saying MK should be banned or not. But i defenitly want to talk about it, so please lets talk and figure out what we're gonna do about the "meta" game.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
This seems to be a hot topic lately, and im generally curious myself of what the other TOs of Florida are thinking. Perhaps maybe a Mk BAN or LIMITATION is necessary. It has been generally accepted that MK defenitly needs some discussion as alot of the main threads in the ATL SOuth threads, this is defenitly an important point. Well i want to know what we're going to do about it, because just sitting here and having milllions of conversations about it and then not doing anything, our game of Brawl is gonna get more boring then it already is. Im not saying MK should be banned or not. But i defenitly want to talk about it, so please lets talk and figure out what we're gonna do about the "meta" game.
fixed

lol but yeah i agree with that we do need to do something about mk, not just talk about it....but its not like we have an outrageous mk problem in fl anyways

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
This is madness!!11!1
Although I do say if someone switches to MK because they lost a match in a set, that winner should be ready to switch their chars also. <_< I agree with you Mike.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Florida does not have a MK problem at all so there's no reason to ban MK at the moment at least in Florida in my opinion... Seibrik is really good and the best MK in FL no question, so watch (from your tournament) Seibrik vs Reflex (Wario) or Seibrik vs Afro (Snake) (Seibrik wins both sets, goes DDD for last 2 matches against Reflex), and RedHalberd is probably the 2nd best MK in FL, watch RedHalberd vs Reflex (Wario) (which RedHalberd loses). The Seibrik matches are pretty close iirc, if MK was truly broken in FL then it would be obvious
well actually red halberd beat seibrik in a mm agenst his mk at the talahassee smashfest thingy ma bobber im thinking they are on the same level

i really think he should be banned but i know its not going to happen

AfroQT

Smash Master
he just said that seibrik is the best mk in FL and red halberd beat him in a MM

i know its based on tourney results and seibrik is the better player if you ask me but their bolth on the same level
Its a good thing no one asked you then because that makes no sense.
**** redhalberd beat him in a MM? THEY MUST BE ON THE SAME LEVEL....

Life After Death

Smash Champion
he just said that seibrik is the best mk in FL and red halberd beat him in a MM

i know its based on tourney results and seibrik is the better player if you ask me but their bolth on the same level
lol no...... redhalberd is prolly 2 levels below seibrik as a player. seibrik can still just adjust to him to the point his adaption means nothing to him eventually lol. red is somewhere below hungry as a player(which is extremely high/good for someone who doesnt go to tourneys) seibrik and afro both being above him.

no doubt redhalberd is wayyyy ahead of his time considering how smart he is though. he like skipped levels u can say. he cheated lol

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
This seems to be a hot topic lately, and im generally curious myself of what the other TOs of Florida are thinking. Perhaps maybe a M2k BAN or LIMITATION is necessary. It has been generally accepted that MK defenitly needs some discussion as alot of the main threads in the ATL SOuth threads, this is defenitly an important point. Well i want to know what we're going to do about it, because just sitting here and having milllions of conversations about it and then not doing anything, our game of Brawl is gonna get more boring then it already is. Im not saying MK should be banned or not. But i defenitly want to talk about it, so please lets talk and figure out what we're gonna do about the "meta" game.
This post made me laugh.

Alot.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I personally think Banning MK in tourneys in FL is a great idea, it'll make things more interesting and we might see some placings we haven't seen lately. And it'll allow people to safely bring out some characters that otherwise get rizzaped.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
LOL at my first post X_X

I agree,

Klarvic what are these 50/50 matchups, give us some more information to talk about here, just posting that alone doesn't convince me. Personally, im down to just limiting MK, i don't play him personally, i used to until i found out how broke he was, and its pretty easy to play him and he is on a completely different level than the other characters. I know that certain games ban characters, so those who say that banning a character limits a game, well its happened before because it is necessary. though i don't know if I would compare MK to Justice from GG or Akuma from SFII but he is defenitly up there as far as fighting game characters go.

Just based of personal experiences i have seen players skyrocket in tournies from low places to top 8 in tournies just because they have picked up MK. The only reason i haven't considered this personally for my own tournaments is because i know people will *****, but im starting to realize that more players are complaining about Meta Knight.

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK may not be too big of a deal in FL but that does not mean we shouldn't discuss the ban extensively. If FL were anything like NJ or to some extent Texas then it'd definitely gain a lot more attention here. I personally think we should wait up to Genesis before we decide that he gets the banhammer or not. I'm personally interested in seeing how FICTION will deal with M2K and some of the other top west coast MKs next month, as the Wario/MK matchup looks preeeetty close, but we don't know how close exactly yet. It should be noted that DSF took a match off of M2K at WHOBO using Wario. FICTION also beat DSF's MK at tourney last Saturday, and DSF knows Wario very, very well.

But we should also take note of some of the MK-ban tournies where the results are A LOT more diversive than normal. I would encourage TOs to at least alternate between ban and no-ban tournies like how some TOs in TX do, particularly the HOBO tournaments, just to see how common the diverse results are without MK, but even then that doesn't mean we should ban MK if it truly turns out that he has even one even matchup.

I'm personally on the fence at the moment with this issue, even leaning slightly pro-ban, but I don't take any side until I know my decision is absolutely certain.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
no doubt redhalberd is wayyyy ahead of his time considering how smart he is though. he like skipped levels u can say. he cheated lol

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
LOL at my first post X_X

I agree,

Klarvic what are these 50/50 matchups, give us some more information to talk about here, just posting that alone doesn't convince me. Personally, im down to just limiting MK, i don't play him personally, i used to until i found out how broke he was, and its pretty easy to play him and he is on a completely different level than the other characters. I know that certain games ban characters, so those who say that banning a character limits a game, well its happened before because it is necessary. though i don't know if I would compare MK to Justice from GG or Akuma from SFII but he is defenitly up there as far as fighting game characters go.

Just based of personal experiences i have seen players skyrocket in tournies from low places to top 8 in tournies just because they have picked up MK. The only reason i haven't considered this personally for my own tournaments is because i know people will *****, but im starting to realize that more players are complaining about Meta Knight.
Meta Knight is a 50-50 matchup against MK

Plus there's about 4 55-45's

Snake, Kirby, Diddy, Falco.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Being a temporarily TO at times, I would host one with MK banned and other not banned for preference, and I don't give 2 cents if it's 100% banned or not. That's just forcing me to use MK which i hate playing him myself at times... even with him banned, it allows me to use 50% of the cast at my disposal (snake, olimar, zss, peach, marth, falco, g&w, pit)

even if the decision is not banned. I'm still hosting banned tournies for the hell of it, no one ain't stopping me. **** the naysayers, come and win money no matter what the stipulations.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight is a 50-50 matchup against MK

Plus there's about 4 55-45's

Snake, Kirby, Diddy, Falco.

so MK is the only 50-50 matchup for MK, then that means he has an advantage over every character save himself, even if it is slight, its still there. cause the Zelda Match up is 40/60 which isn't that much, but at times that feels impossible.

edit:MK can learn Hyper Beam, now thats just BROKE!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
lol no...... redhalberd is prolly 2 levels below seibrik as a player. seibrik can still just adjust to him to the point his adaption means nothing to him eventually lol. red is somewhere below hungry as a player(which is extremely high/good for someone who doesnt go to tourneys) seibrik and afro both being above him.

well i was just quick to assume :urg: didnt expect seibrik to lose it was kinda like "whoa red halberd beat seibrik maebe hes as good as him" thanks for clearing that up tho

Masky

Smash Master
Just based of personal experiences i have seen players skyrocket in tournies from low places to top 8 in tournies just because they have picked up MK.
if this is true then the other people in the tournament must have sucked or at least sucked against MK

OverLade

Smash Hero
Na that Halberd dude is a scrub. He talks big then loses to random people. :p:p:p:p

Literally I learned smarts from watching videos. I basically saw and copied stuff because I understood the logic behind it.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
thats how i got good. were both the same lol cept i been doing that wayy longer so u can see why i learned so much psycology of the game over time. i dont have to explain myself why im right lol. i kinda just say it but i cant expect everyone to agree with me. cuz most people dont understand alot of concepts of adaptions people exp mind and match up exp and the psycology behind it. cuz psycology IS a hard subject its no joke. can be confusing cuz its so complex to some people. but not to redhalberd and mampam

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
if this is true then the other people in the tournament must have sucked or at least sucked against MK
Very true as this was back when the game was still fresh, prolly about 7 months ago, but still. Players acknowledge that they are picking up Meta not for the sake of playing him, but because they know that they're chances of winning have drastically increased because of Meta's glaring advantages. It happens here in Tally all the time. Hell if im frustrated when playing after a while, i play meta to just **** for a bit.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
MK GMONEYYYYY!!!!!!
so you gonna change the name of the topic drew?
and and and Wario Vs Mk has the potential to be 50-50

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
thats how i got good. were both the same lol cept i been doing that wayy longer so u can see why i learned so much psycology of the game over time. i dont have to explain myself why im right lol. i kinda just say it but i cant expect everyone to agree with me. cuz most people dont understand alot of concepts of adaptions people exp mind and match up exp and the psycology behind it. cuz psycology IS a hard subject its no joke. can be confusing cuz its so complex to some people. but not to redhalberd and mampam
This man is a genius.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
the only way i learn matchups is to read and to play it over and over again till i get it chops redhal and mampam are all way better than me
ur as smart as redhalberd though. ur the one to blame for being on the level of exp u are now. when u tart taking friendlies seriously ull start to notice ur improvements. i dont really care its not my prob im not the one that needs to learn its u that needs to learn. i can just play whoever in friendlies and get used to them i got all the smarts that i need just need exp and good snake vids lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom