• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

HugS™

Smash Lord
In my opinion it just sounds like Hugs is johning.....just saying
Johning about getting 7th at a 128 man tournament, 10-0'ing my pool which included Lucky, and losing only to mango and Forward?

Johning? An excuse for what? doing really well? Do you know what a john is?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Not with Samus.

@ Kaostar, I plan on going to tourney play but I'm not sure if I'm entering both events.
So do you know if ur gonna play melee lol. If you dont enter I still wanna get in a couple of friendlys or a mm or two.

yea, and I dunno if PC even plays anymore. he never wants to play anymore and I don't think he's been to a tourney since RoM, so yea...
Pc is always workin. RoM wasnt that long ago. He is still considered an active player and is still really good. Im sure he still plays melee. He quit brawl back in hawaii after he won everything at Dm's tourney.

Johning about getting 7th at a 128 man tournament, 10-0'ing my pool which included Lucky, and losing only to mango and Forward?

Johning? An excuse for what? doing really well? Do you know what a john is?
Ha ha its the other samus player that defines what a john is.

Phanna where you at?? lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
one week ago:

[17:00] Mogwai: any chance you wanna play melee tonight or tomorrow?
[17:00] *** Auto-response from PC Chris: Sleeep :)
[17:00] PC Chris: hey
[17:00] PC Chris: i dunno i think im done with melee LOL i have like no desire to play anymore i dont even think im going to spoc
[17:01] Mogwai: :ohwell: oh, OK then
[17:01] PC Chris: been playing too long i suppose :(
[17:01] Mogwai: I guess
[17:01] PC Chris: i dunno i know i wont quit but i dont think ill be competitive anymore
[17:02] Mogwai: aight, well, I won't bug you about playing anymore then :p
[17:05] PC Chris: :( im sure ill be around ill def talk to u if i got the itch to play
[17:06] Mogwai: k, sounds good

I mean, w/e, who knows? I'm just saying, I'm not some youtube scrub saying PC quit cause I haven't seen vids since RoM, I have good reason to believe we might not see PC @ another tourney.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I never thought you were a scrub talking about youtube.

Thats legit lol. He usually says he workin. And we talked about how he doesnt play nearly as much as he use too. Gives him more time for crumpin lol. but I just figured he didnt really play that much anyway like he use to so he would probably still hit up some tourneys but not put hella time into practicin.

tell him Kaos said he should pick up beat mania if he quits melee

Also anyone mind helping my friend out.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228921

just watch the matches and post feedback in the thread please.

soap

Smash Hero
one week ago:

[17:00] Mogwai: any chance you wanna play melee tonight or tomorrow?
[17:00] *** Auto-response from PC Chris: Sleeep :)
[17:00] PC Chris: hey
[17:00] PC Chris: i dunno i think im done with melee LOL i have like no desire to play anymore i dont even think im going to spoc
[17:01] Mogwai: :ohwell: oh, OK then
[17:01] PC Chris: been playing too long i suppose :(
[17:01] Mogwai: I guess
[17:01] PC Chris: i dunno i know i wont quit but i dont think ill be competitive anymore
[17:02] Mogwai: aight, well, I won't bug you about playing anymore then :p
[17:05] PC Chris: :( im sure ill be around ill def talk to u if i got the itch to play
[17:06] Mogwai: k, sounds good

I mean, w/e, who knows? I'm just saying, I'm not some youtube scrub saying PC quit cause I haven't seen vids since RoM, I have good reason to believe we might not see PC @ another tourney.
i remember some quote from him saying "you gotta have fun with this game, or you will hit a brick wall"

I feel like alot of people have hit this brick wall late into the game and r ready to give it up. Me included...well, not just yet :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well its been a good run. Im gonna play as long as I can. I feel like there wont be another.

Edit:Sakurai will continue to make ****ty smash games and may they burn in hell.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah pc chris told me that he intended to say local for smash. he's not even going to genesis.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i always hear that you need to try to hit with the tip of your nair,but for what is this? gives more knockback or sends people up or what? i dont really find a difference other than its easier to combo that way.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
im guessing you hit with the end for better spacing and as you said easier to combo...

i need somthing to learn in my spare time so. what order do i have to push the buttons to do a moonwalk and/or any reccomended buttons to push

DrewB008

Smash Lord
hitting with the feet of the nair:

reason one: this is the part of the nair that has the most success in outprioritizing fox's nair and other aerials like that, and also it keeps you far enough away to hopefully avoid punishment if you miss

reason two: i remember mentioning this so this is probably where you really heard this come up, but if you want to do multiple nairs on marth hit with the feet, otherwise marth will end up above the second hit of the nair and get out. this probably helps with everyone as characters can DI upwards and get out of the nair sometimes, but really just nair to uairs and knees, its better

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im guessing you hit with the end for better spacing and as you said easier to combo...

i need somthing to learn in my spare time so. what order do i have to push the buttons to do a moonwalk and/or any reccomended buttons to push
I find it extremely fun. Check the falcon threads and you will see a moonwalking guide. Has vids and pictures. Should help lots. You will just have to get the feel for it and practice. I thought it was really hard at first but then once I figured it out It wasnt as bad.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
hitting with the feet of the nair:

reason one: this is the part of the nair that has the most success in outprioritizing fox's nair and other aerials like that, and also it keeps you far enough away to hopefully avoid punishment if you miss

reason two: i remember mentioning this so this is probably where you really heard this come up, but if you want to do multiple nairs on marth hit with the feet, otherwise marth will end up above the second hit of the nair and get out. this probably helps with everyone as characters can DI upwards and get out of the nair sometimes, but really just nair to uairs and knees, its better
thanks man,i will keep this in mind.

but also,has anyone noticed that falcons gloves/boots(tip of his feet) acts like something like a disjointed hitbox? im saying this because when you stomp falco/fox up+b with the tip of his feet you can get with it without even burning,and also,his bair has insane priority when you hit with the ending of his hand, and his jab can clang with almost anything without being overprioritized

Milos

Smash Lord
scar i just want you to know i couldnt sleep tonight and then i watched ikm2 and all the blood rushed to my head and im about to fall asleep so you need to know you have the best falcon good night finally!

upload the spoc vidzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
talkin about that: is there some thread with all the moves hitlag,priority,range,effect and that kinda things from every char?i really wanna know which moves have most priority against other moves...
no you don't. you want to play melee enough that you know what will beat what with what spacing in every possible situation.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Do you think you can beat isai?

Why did you make the scar jump?
WHy did you kill mufasa?
What kind of **** is that. Think about what you are asking

After that direct your question so the appropriate person knows to respond

next try asking good questions.

Mufasa was killed so that scar could be king of the jungle

Scar jumps are a situational edgeguard that is flashy and can be used effectively by players towards the top of the metagame.

Who cares if scar can beat someone who doesnt play anymore. If he cant I guess he got lucky cuz he wont have to run into him in tourney.

moral: Dont drop names for no reason

Eaode

Smash Champion
What kind of **** is that. Think about what you are asking

After that direct your question so the appropriate person knows to respond

next try asking good questions.

Mufasa was killed so that scar could be king of the jungle

Scar jumps are a situational edgeguard that is flashy and can be used effectively by players towards the top of the metagame.

Who cares if scar can beat someone who doesnt play anymore. If he cant I guess he got lucky cuz he wont have to run into him in tourney.

moral: Dont drop names for no reason
calm down its just a newb tryin to get in on the melee hype.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
hey, I've started NOT using the c-stick on any of my SHFFLed aerials except for retreating ones, mostly just uair though. this is like after years of using the c-stick too. Is it a good idea to NOT use the c-stick for uairs and stuff? because I can't get my thumb down to the c-stick in time to have it come out on frame 1 of the actual jump, and when I do it early it cancels the jumping animation into a usmash, so I have to be like frame perfect on pressing a little stick up instead of enjoying a 2 frame buffer (I think?). Like, my uairs are FINE, they're just a few inches shy of hitting grounded people, the opponent has to be higher to combo effectively, and they're slower than nairs this way.

I find that if I do my uairs with the A button it actually comes out on the earliest possible frame so I can hit floaties and stuff on the ground, combo with it a LOT better (it comes out faster than nair this way), and plus it autocancels in an actually useful manner. (hitting people on the ground is nice but it's the least of my worries)

So, do any good players normally do their uairs like this (using the A button), or am I just dumb and people have hands that can reach the c-stick earlier than me? Personally I'm going to do whatever works for me, but I was just kind of wondering.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I would assume most players uair with the A button most of the time. I know I do. It's just so much harder to reach the C-stick in time for a uair unless your hand is pre-positioned beforehand (which is a stupid idea).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
REally its personal preference!

But if you want some insight it depends on how you want to uair. If I want to uair right as I leave the ground depending on my characters jump speed Ill use Z[Same as A] or C-stick.

Falling uairs I like C-stick so that I dont accidentaly waste a jump. Rising uairs I like C-stick if they jump slow like m2 or falco cuz I have time to get my thumb there. Only problem I may have using Z is getting a JCG instead of a uair.

For FALCON I like u use Z/A OOS or for immediate uairs. Any delay I C-stick because I have time to get there.

Do what you want, whatever works, Isai doesnt C-stick at all but most ppl use it to some degree.

Top Bottom