• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Not really sure why no one's replying, so I'll chip in a bit.

Fantastic moveset, HR. In a way, it feels like Black Doom, but your implementation is so downright unlike anything else I've seen that I can't help but be impressed. The attacks are incredibly unique, as we've all come to expect from you; crazy projectiles and disjointed attacks.

Great job. :bee:
Yeah, this guy took a while to figure how I was even going to make him move around on the stage, lol. Though I like challenging myself every once in a while, it helps me to think outside the box. :bee:

And yus, I loves me some projetiles and disjointed moves. Though my next move set doesn't really have any true projectiles to speak of. xD

Well, I commented on B&T, so... expect some commentary coming soon.

First thing: ARGH PAGE-STRETCHING IMAGE. Could you resize it a bit? :s
There, I fixed the picture. :bee:

Comments on Dark Gaia

Wow, didn't see that one coming. So, HR's first secret 'set revealed, and it looks gooood. He's too big, n00b. The biggest thing I always appreciate about your movesets, HR, is how the moves are all interesting without being over-the-top insane. The Up Smash, for example, is very Up Smash-like, and is useful in the tradition sense of an Up Smash, but it's got that quirky little platform/shield addition to make it interesting. Nothing that takes five minutes to wrap your mind around and go back and read through a hundred times to understand, just a straight-up fun effect for the move. This moveset's full of stuff like that, and it's really a work of art. I still prefer Bass & Treble to this (perhaps, in part, due to series bias), but Dark Gaia is definitely a very strong entry.
Yeah, I've always been a fan of "simple but clever" moves. :bee:

Now then, my next move set is an OC of sorts. Some of you may already be familiar with him, as I've already introduced this guy in MYM5...

Junahu

Smash Ace
Not really sure why no one's replying, so I'll chip in a bit.
Want some chocolate?

It's hard for me to actually envisage what Dark Gaia would look like in Smash, but this is more to do with the character itself than your explaination. The moveset itself has creativity to spare, but moves like D-tilt and U-air seem a little more special than his actual specials, something I'm never keen on.

Agi

Smash Lord
Chaos 0 and Dark Gaia were sweet. I'll definitely comment more on them later, and I might review one of them soon.

Also, check this out: http://boards.ign.com/super_smash_bros_/b5213/179586877/p1/?17
XD

I always love the reactions our rosters get there. However, what I'd REALLY like to see is the reactions from THIS roster: Clicky clicky.

Also... my MYM plans have DRASTICALLY changed. Everything below except Airman is cut, and The Kid has been added. I also have something else in store...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's hilarious as usual, Kupa. I think it's the first time that any of them have actually mentioned any of my sets. Woot! :bee:

XD

I always love the reactions our rosters get there. However, what I'd REALLY like to see is the reactions from THIS roster: Clicky clicky.

Also... my MYM plans have DRASTICALLY changed. Everything below except Airman is cut, and The Kid has been added. I also have something else in store...
No more CS Kirby? :(

SirKibble

Smash Champion
People seeing our rosters have got to think we're ridiculous.

I'm quite sad to hear about the cancelation of those movesets, Agi. I was looking forward to CS Kirby and Marle quite a lot.

Agi

Smash Lord
Bubble Man

"Bubble, Bubble Man... always longing for the sun..."

Background

DWN-011 Bubble Man: Wily designed Bubble Man for underwater combat, but due to an error in design, Bubble Man's internal buoyancy system made it impossible for him to swim or walk properly, hampering his underwater mobility. Bubble Man's weapon is Bubble Lead, bubbles that roll forward along the ground. Bubble Man is a green diver with a bubble shooter arm. His weakness in Megaman 2 is the Metal Blade, which translates to any sharp projectile in Brawl, including arrows, needles, etc. He takes 1.5x the damage from them, like a bubble being popped.

Pros/Cons

Pros

+ Fast at attacking​
+ Beastly priority​
+ Excellent recoveries​
+ Many projectiles​
+ Unlimited approach options​
+ Slippery, enabling fast motion​

Cons

- Lightweight​
- Can't walk​
- Gimpable recovery​
- Few KO moves​
- Slippery, potentially leading to self-destructs​

Statistics

Power: 3

Bubble Man has infamously few KO options, so he must rack up quite a bit of damage before even attempting a KO.​

Height: 5

Meh-worthy.​

Jump: 8

Bubble Man is used to the massive PSI of being underwater, so he can jump much higher when that weight has been removed. Upon using his second jump, he pushes down with his arms and kicks, mimicing underwater motion.​

Ground Speed: 0

That's right, Bubble Man CANNOT WALK OR RUN. Instead, he must rely on his Side-B or crawling/being airborne to get around, although there are a few clever tactics out there for mobility.​

Air Speed: 7

Bubble Man simply cruises while mid-air, although there are faster methods. Still, this is the simplest and most reliable method of getting around.​

Priority: 9

Virtually any Bubble move has overwhelming priority, so use them often.​

Traction: 1

Despite wearing flippers, Bubble Man will slide all over the place. This makes it easy to maintain your speed once you get it up, but can also lead to an easy self-destruct. Be careful.​

Attack Speed: 8

Bubble Man's attacks come out quickly, which is key considering their blatant lack of power.​

Weight: 3

Bubble Man is very easy to kill in Megaman 2, and he carries over this unfortunate weakness to Brawl. However, his many recovery options should let you get back on stage just fine.​

Crouch: 8

Bubble Man imitates Snake for this move, sliding into a military crawling position. Only his head (which is a bit large, perhaps) remains vulnerable.​

Crawl: Yes
Glide: No
Walljump: No
Wallcling: No

oo - Moveset - oo

Special: Bubble Lead (leed)

Animation: This is the weapon that Megaman receives after defeating Bubble Man. When used, Bubble Man will shoot out a single bubble (about half his height,) which pops up a short height and then races along the ground, slightly faster than Pikachu's thunderbolt. Upon touching an opponent, it will pop, interrupting their attack.

Properties: The priority on this move is insane. It has the ability to cancel ANY approach, and deal some damage while you’re at it. 6% is dealt, with flinching knockback. There is little starting lag, but the ending lag will prevent you from abusing it, although it’s not TOO crippling.

Side Special: Jet Stream

Animation: Bubble Man faces the direction that you press the control stick, and begins to release a stream of water in a manner similar to Mario's FLUDD. This pushes Bubble Man at a force dependant on the angle you tilt the control stick... at a running pace at full tilt, all the way down to hardly any motion at all. The stream stops when you release B, and Bubble Man will continue to slide, having traction even worse than Luigi.

Properties: Please note that this is the ONLY way Bubble Man can move while on the ground, apart from his crawl. Other uses include recovery and gimping. If you "Smash" the button input, he will immediately accelerate to the max speed, as opposed to the .75 seconds it takes him to reach this acceleration with a mere tilt. There is a slight amount of starting lag, but negligible ending lag.

Up Special: Surface

Animation: This is where Bubble Man’s messed-up buoyancy system comes in to help him. Although it was designed for use in water, inflating himself still has some effect. He swells to two times his size, which slows his descent to 1/3 of its original speed. After fully inflating (about 1 second) he will point his head down towards the ground and begin to release air from the nozzle on his head, pushing himself up and away. He will travel in the opposite direction that you hold the control stick, upwards by default.

Properties: This is a very risky move to use near the edge of the stage, due to its easily gimpable 1.5 seconds of lag before he actually recovers any distance. However, because it has the potential to help you recover up to 9 squares in any direction, it's a great recovery option from far offstage. Unfortunately, you MUST land before using it again, making it critical to dodge your opponents' attempts to knock you offstage. It has a low-priority attack, the hitbox being his own body, which has the potential to dael about 9% with slight knockback.

Down Special: Bubble Blow

Animation: Bubble Man plants his feet firmly in the ground while charging this move, which takes approximately four seconds. While charging, the nozzle on his head fizzes and froths, water leaking all over the place. After the charge is released, a bubble with diameter ranging from a Pikmin to Ganondorf's height will come racing out, traveling 3x its length every second. When it encounters an opponent or item smaller than itself, the bubble will capture it, carrying its quarry to the maximum distance, 7x its own length.

Properties: Of course, like any similar move, the bubble formed can be broken out of with rapid button inputs. The charge of the bubble can also be stored with a roll/shield, letting you release it at the most inopportune time for your opponent. The bubble has very low priority (for a disjointed attack), being able to be popped from the weakest of projectiles/weapon attacks, although an opponent's attempt to pop it with their body will result in them being trapped anyway. Also, it CAN grab through shields, making this an excellent move to couple with other projectiles.

oo - Standards - oo

Standard Combo: Spritz Blaster

Animation: Bubble Man shoots his water gun like normal in this move, holding it slightly out in front of him. However, with his other hand, he covers the barrel… causing the water to blast forward a short distance (about the length of an average jab). The water then splashes to the ground, forming a low-friction area until it evaporates, which takes around 20 seconds on most stages, but 10 on Delfino Plaza.

Properties: This is your standard multi-hit combo, dealing many rapid hits of 1’s and 2’s within a short range. However, upon ending the attack, the final hit dealt will cause much more powerful horizontal knockback, able to push an unwary opponent off the stage. Also, as mentioned above, the water forms a low-traction area somewhere in between normal traction and the UFO on Melee’s Fourside.

FTilt: Geyser

Animation: The move actually HAS no starting animation, just a bit of execution lag before it starts up. From slightly (about 1/2 a block) in front of Bubble Man, a short column of bubbles rises upwards, popping at about his own height. You can hold the column out as long as you want, and it forms a low-friction puddle around itself.

Properties: This constant stream of bubbles deals 0-2% damage with each hit, with tiny knockback and hitstun. However, if Bubble Man encounters it while sliding (keep in mind that he cannot run, and thus can execute any attack while sliding across the ground) then he will be either stopped (if he runs into the column) or launched into the air, if it forms underneath him. An excellent move for controlling your movement.

UTilt: Bubble Floater

Animation: Bubble Man points his gun above his head, and then cocks it slightly in preparation of the attack. As you continue to hold A, Bubble Man will create a bubble that continues to increase in size, until it has the same dimensions as a stagebuilder block. Releasing the charge will cause Bubble Man to let go of the bubble, which flies up towards the top of the stage, or to a roof, whichever's closer. It flies up at a rate of appx. 1.5 SB blocks a second.

Properties: This move deals no damage or knockback, but it has wonderful properties. It serves as a completely invulnerable projectile, that opponents (or you yourself) can stand on. Although it will readily pop (.5-2 seconds) if it's quickly made, at full charge it will NEVER pop, carrying its quarry to above the vertical boundary. It can be used as a surprise chaser move to push the opponent that small distance upwards to their doom, or to hold off an aerial assault.

DTilt: Rushing River

Animation: In his crouching animation, Bubble Man lies on the ground, his gun pointing straight forward. This move takes advantage of that position, using the low vantage point as an attack base. Bubble Man points his gun straight forwards, and from it releases a constant stream of water. The water moves rapidly, even faster than the Bubble Lead (leed).

Properties: A perk of this move is its low lag on either end, and its ability to wash away various obstacles. Virtually everything not anchored down is affected by this pull, which is half as powerful as Distant Planet's infamous river. Items, enemies, even Motion Sensor Bombs are washed away by this stream, which will continue rushing until it hits a wall or falls of an edge. Note that latticed stage pieces (such as the destructable board on New Pork City) serve as a place where the water will seep through, and that the water's speed is affected by slope as well. Also, an opponent under the influence of a Metal Box will not be washed away. Another nice property is Bubble Man's ability to crawl while using this move, allowing him to be carried along by the stream, since he can actually crawl into it as it's being formed, due to Brawl's screwy physics.

oo - Smashes - oo

FSmash: Bubble Bouncer

Animation: Upon charging this move, Bubble Man begins to slowly rise, reaching a height of two blocks by the move's end. At this point, or at any time you release the charge before hand, Bubble Man will shoot a bubble, which bounces forward at the pace of an average walk, bouncing at 90% of its prior height each time. Once a bounce reaches less than 1/2 a SB block, hits a wall, or is canceled by a move with higher priority, it pops. Otherwise, it will continue to bounce to the horizontal border.

Properties: The bubble dropped from this move has a low-priority, disjointed hitbox. Regardless of charge, it deals a healthy 12% damage, with the flinching knockback done by most bubble attacks. However, due to its unique method of attack, it can become an excellent approaching option, especially when combined with the Bubble Lead. (leed)

USmash: Bubble Lead (led)

Animation: Bubble Man holds his water gun above his head, out of which a small bubble forms. The bubble begins to grow larger as you charge it, swelling to the size of Bubble Man himself at full charge. The bubble pops upon being released, spilling molten lead on either side of Bubble Man.

Properties: The lead formed by this attack remains molten for 2-5 seconds, depending on charge, and will trap opponents who are foolish enough to step on it. This deprives them of all movement as well as making “Leg” based moves unusable, although they can still punch/shoot. The bursting of the lead has a disjointed hitbox which deals 16-22% damage, with med-low off-vertical knockback. It also hits the opponent out of the way of the falling lead, which deals about 9% damage, and spikes.

DSmash: Bubble Burst

Animation: Bubble Man turns to face the screen, and then begins blowing a bubble from the nozzle on his head. This bubble is made out of the same "Lead" material as his USmash, just for the record. As you charge the smash, it grows larger and larger, eventually completely covering Bubble Man. The bubble then pops, spewing molten lead all around him.

Properties: The lead formed by this attack serves as a useful shield when it expands beyond Bubble Man's hurtbox, allowing you to completely charge the move. Another useful feature is that any opponent who touches the bubble with their body will begin stuck to it for the duration of the charge, although they can button-mash their way out of it, just like any other grab. The popping bubble deals 12-25% damage, with med-high horizontal/diagonal knockback.

oo - Aerials - oo

NAir: Suds

Animation: From all over Bubble Man's body, small bubbles rapidly begin to form. Almost as rapidly as they are made, however, they will pop, creating crinkling noises as they do so. Bubble Man's descent is slowed slightly due to them, to about .75x its usual speed, which reverts to normal after the bubbles disappear, 1/2 a second.

Properties: Opponents who encounter Bubble Man during this attack will take up to 10%, with slight knockback away from Bubble Man. If you encounter the ground while bubbles are still on his body, they will all pop, and create a puddle of low-friction water on the ground, which disappears after about 5 seconds.

FAir: Bubble Feint

Animation: The opening animation of this move looks almost exactly the same as Bubble Man’s standard B. However, instead of plopping out of his gun and riding along the ground, the bubble stays in place, still attached! After a period of time roughly the same as the invincibility frames of a midair dodge, the bubble pops, dealing damage to the opponent.

Properties: One of Bubble Man’s standard finishers. Due to its similarity to his standard B, most opponents will opt for a dodge, but due to the move’s starting lag they’ll pop out just in time to be hit with powerful, slightly vertical knockback and 7%. The move also has low ending lag, making this the perfect opportunity to hit them with a Bubble Blow.

UAir: Rising Bubble

Animation: Bubble Man enters a free-fall phase, and begins blowing a large bubble... downwards?! That's right. As the bubble forms, Bubble Man finds himself trapped inside of it... as it begins to rise upwards, to a maximum height of 4 blocks! You can still move freely (left/right) while trapped inside, as the bubble carries you upwards. If you encounter a stage obstacle or an opponent, it will pop, and leave you falling.

Properties: This move has a rather quick activation period, and a good thing, too... because it's actually not meant as an attack. Sure, when the bubble is popped it will deal about 5% with average knockback, but Bubble Man will still take the full force of the attack.The bubble can be popped early with another input of Up+A. This is best used in conjunction with Bubble Man's various specials, allowing you to buy some time while you charge a Bubble Blow or wait out the delay before your USpec. His Side Special also works well, adding to your horizontal speed, in addition to filling the bubble with water!

If you bubble is filled with water at the time that it pops, it will drop the water downward, hopefully onto an opponent. This water works like the FLUDD... but downwards, making it an excellent gimping tool. One final note... once the bubble is popped, it cannot be reformed until you touch ground.

DAir: Anchor

Animation: All of a sudden, a black spike ball appears in Bubble Man's hands! After a slight pause, Looney-tunes style, Bubble Man plummets towards the ground at twice the speed of his fastfall. If you're lucky enough to survive one second, he will drop the ball, and be able to move. He will also drop it if the move takes him near a ledge, grabbing it while his quarry continues its descent. However, in the more likely case of hitting the stage, Bubble Man will simply stand up after getting his bearings, leaving the spike ball embedded in the ground.

Properties: The slight gravity-defying pause before executing this move is all the time an opponent needs to see it coming. Due to this, it's risky to use offstage, although a powerful spike with 16% dealt may be difficult to pass up. If the opponent somehow manages to be hit with this move, the spike ball will stay embedded in their head for a full 10 seconds, hampering their agility. Stats lowered include movement speed and jump height, and raised stats are weight/fall speed. If, instead, the ball gets embedded in the ground, it will behave the same as an Unira, sans the gravity effect. There is MASSIVE ending lag if you hit the ground, however.

BAir: Bubble Drop

Animation: Bubble Man turns his head around to face the opponent in preparation of this move. From the nozzle on his helmet, he releases a bubble not unlike the one he creates using the Bubble Lead (leed), although this one falls MUCH faster. If it encounters an opponent, it will splatter apart and cover them from head to toe in lead, which immediately cools and hardens on their body, essentially giving them the effect of a Metal Box. If the bubble lands on the ground instead, it will create a pile of molten lead that will trap opponents who walk over it, similar to the one formed by his USmash.

Properties: Such a versatile move must have its drawbacks, no? Unfortunately, this move has very high execution lag and moderate ending lag, the "lead" bubbles taking more time/energy to create. In addition to the Metal Box effect, the move deals a respectable 12% damage with slight hitstun, but no knockback. Its priority is also overwhelming, but even the worst-timed of airdodges should allow an opponent to escape the move since the bubble falls so quickly.

oo - Grabs - oo

Grab: Bubble Man points forward with his gun arm, and blows a med-size bubble. An opponent encountering this bubble will be pulled in to Bubble Man's grasp due to the high surface tension of the bubble, popping it as they do so. This grab has a quick execution time, but a high ending lag, especially if the opponent pops the bubble with a disjointed attack.

Pummel/Throws: Bubble Trap

Animation: That’s right, Bubble Man only has a single throw. Switching his grip on the opponent (transferring them to his actual hand,) he then holds his gun-arm near their body, and begins to blow a large bubble. In about 3 seconds time, it will become large enough to completely encompass Bowser. As soon as the bubble surrounds the opponent, you can release it, and it will continue to float, them trapped inside. However, if the opponent breaks out before this time, only 5% is done to the opponent, who slides a good distance away from Bubble Man.

Properties: Essentially, this is a close-range Bubble Blow. Just like any other grab, opponents can button-mash their way out of it, but Bubble Man’s grip will keep them held for approximately 1.5x longer than the average grab. Once the opponent is trapped inside the bubble, you can push it around by either physically moving it or using water via your DTilt/Side Special. The bubble will slowly begin to shrink once you release it, popping once there is no longer room for the opponent. The pop deals about 7%, with moderate vertical knockback.

oo - Final Smash - Ocean Deep - oo

Animation: After grabbing the Smash Ball (yeah, good luck with that,) the screen zooms in on Bubble Man, who... begins swimming upward? After the camera zooms back out, it's revealed that the entire screen has filled with water! Although this won't drown opponents, they may wish that they had... because Bubble Man gains all the abilities he had as a boss, in addition to invincibility. By pressing A, Bubble Man will fire a harpoon from his gun, and B will cause him to throw a bubble forwards over his head, which behaves like the one from his FSmash.

Properties: Of course, now that the stage is aquatic, Bubble Man has COMPLETE free range of motion, kicking with his flippers to move around. However, the opponents' movement is hampered, moving at half the speed whether walking/falling/attacking/etc, although they can jump twice as high. In addition, the harpoons deal 15% damage with powerful knockback at a mostly horizontal, but slightly upwards angle, and the bubbles deal 10% with moderate vertical knockback. Both of these can be fired rapidly, at about the same pace as Falco's blaster. The water begins to recede after 15 seconds, taking 5 seconds to go down all the way. As long as Bubble Man stays in the water, he retains the effect of the final smash.

oo - Playstyle - Speak Loudly and Carry a Small Stick - oo

Getting Around

Bubble Man's first great obstacle is his handicap to mobility. In order to master him, you must throw out everything you know about getting around the stage. Now that that's over, here's how you'll be doing it with Bubble Man.

The most basic way to get around it by remaining in the air. However, this is a bit of a risk, considering that you lose all of your grounded moves... and the fact that Bubble Man's airgame really isn't all that impressive. Besides, he jumps so high that you'll have difficulty approaching them for an attack. This makes Bubble Man's best aerial mobility strategy... his FSmash. With this move, you can control your height, and also set up a bit of an obsacle for your opponent as you bear in on them.

Another good method to use is Bubble Man's Side Special, Jet Stream. You can build up quite a bit of speed with this, especially when used in midair. However, you pose the risk of over-acceleration, which most of the time will result in you going offstage. To prevent this from happening, rely on your FTilt when in dire need. The column of bubbles formed will either stop you completely or launch you into the air, where you'll be in more control.

The final method I'll discuss here is Bubble Man's crawl. Although it's a slow approach on its own power, the fact that you can crawl into a continual DTilt makes it nice surprise approach, slashing Bubble Man's hurtbox while sliding towards opponents.​

On the Offense

Although Bubble Man doesn't have many KOing moves, he has tons of strategies when it comes to beating his opponents around. Projectiles that are useful to chase down your opponents with include his Neutral/Down special, as well as his FSmash. If you speed after them with another smash being charged, then there's no WAY you'll miss with all of them. Also, the Bubble Lead (leed) can halt any appoach, and leave your opponent vulnerable.

When you think you've racked up enough damage, try to trap your opponent using the goop from your USmash/BAir, then land a charged DSmash on them. Another good move offstage is the FAir, especially if you've been using your Bubble Lead (leed) a lot. They'll never expect it.​

oo - Extras - oo

Taunts

Up Taunt: Showing his frustration of his situation, Bubble Man closes his eyes while lowering his face into his hands. He then shakes it off, and continues fighting.
Side Taunt: Bubble Man shows off his artistic side by blowing a single bubble... which forms into any of multiple unlikely formations, ranging from a cube, a dog, etc. He watches it fly upwards for a bit, then continues fighting.
Down Taunt: Bubble Man sprays a bit of water on the ground, which forms into a shallow puddle. Bubble Man then sits down by the edge... and dangles his feet into the water. (his legs just disappear, and won't be disembodied when he does this taunt on a fall-through platform.) After 1.5 seconds, he stands up and dusts himself off, ready for action.

Special Victory Pose (vs. [URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7289234&postcount=1257"]Heat Man[/url])
Heat Man stands in the background, soaking wet. He repeatedly clenches his fists and steams up, as if he's trying to light himself on fire but can't due to the water drenching his body, while Bubble Man puffs out his chest. He's proud at being able to destroy such a worthy opponent.

Music

Bubble Man: Hyadain
Bubble Man: Remix
Dive Man
Toad Man
Wave Man

Icon:

Stage - Bubble Bath

Unlike most stages, the water on this one CAN be walked in. It serves as a low-gravity/slomo area similar to Bubble Man's Final Smash, that also gives Bubble Man/Leviathan free range of motion. The ceiling is a lot higher that it's hinted to be, just as a final note.

:mad088:

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Didn't expect that Agi. :p Just after the cancellation of your movesets. It looks quite good, now that I've skimmed it. The extras were a bit short, but it's okay as they're extras. ( At least you included your recolors :) )

Each move is incredibly detailed, and it's awesome. IMO, it's even better than Airman. Great Job Agi! :bee: Birdon, will finally be posted soon ( This week, hopefully ) Like MT was for his, I'm sorry for my first set having taken so long time before being posted.

Junahu

Smash Ace
It looks like movesets centred aound moving around are the new trendy thing, so it's good to see that Bubbleman suits this approach to a T. It was certainly fun to read.

I was half expecting bubble Lead (Leed) to be able to spike or cause some kind of knockback while falling (like MM9:Megaman's Plug Ball). I guess I'm just petty like that... :psycho:

It's a shame you didn't explain bubbleman's weakness to sharp things in more detail. Do sharp things cause more damage? More knockback?

Edit: I forgot about the metal giving properties of his back-air. Silly me.

Agi

Smash Lord
Didn't expect that Agi. :p Just after the cancellation of your movesets. It looks quite good, now that I've skimmed it. The extras were a bit short, but it's okay as they're extras. ( At least you included your recolors :) )

Each move is incredibly detailed, and it's awesome. IMO, it's even better than Airman. Great Job Agi! :bee: Birdon, will finally be posted soon ( This week, hopefully ) Like MT was for his, I'm sorry for my first set having taken so long time before being posted.
Extras, shmextras. All that really matters to me are recolors. Anyways, thanks!

It looks like movesets centred aound moving around are the new trendy thing, so it's good to see that Bubbleman suits this approach to a T. It was certainly fun to read.

I was half expecting bubble Lead (Leed) to be able to spike or cause some kind of knockback while falling (like MM9:Megaman's Plug Ball). I guess I'm just petty like that... :psycho:

It's a shame you didn't explain bubbleman's weakness to sharp things in more detail. Do sharp things cause more damage? More knockback?
With Bubble Lead, I simply wanted to give him a top-priority projectile, so I pictured anything above flinching knockback would make it broken instantly. :ohwell:

And... I guess I dropped the ball on his weakness. I'll get to that.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Dark Gaia: That was full of unexpected and crazy moves with unique effects. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this moveset, as the attacks, even with their uniqueness, manage to form a coherent and understandable moveset. Great job!

Bubble Man: Very cool moveset! Like with Wilhelmina Carmel, you really managed to get some very original attacks out of one feature. I haven't fully read it, but I love what I've read so far.

As for the Shadow Sirens, maybe I could be able to post them tomorrow, but it isn't too likely.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
That's......

beautiful.

*sheds a tear*

I love how you used lead bubble and such. I most especially love the BAir and its gimping properties.

This is a very strong moveset from you, Agi. Keep it up.

@Wizzerd: Sorry, but I won't get a Medli review up til next weekend.

(Also, who likes my new location?)

Agi

Smash Lord
Bubble Man: Very cool moveset! Like with Wilhelmina Carmel, you really managed to get some very original attacks out of one feature. I haven't fully read it, but I love what I've read so far.
^_^
It's always fun to see how far "a single feature" can be stretched. But, MAN does it feel good to have my sets compared to Kibble's! :bee:

That's......

beautiful.

*sheds a tear*

I love how you used lead bubble and such. I most especially love the BAir and its gimping properties.

This is a very strong moveset from you, Agi. Keep it up.
Despite common belief, BAirs do NOT suck. I actually find them to be one of my favorite moves to write, along with DTilts and USmashes.
Oh, and, thanks! XD

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Bubble Man, as it now is, is a fine moveset, what with the mobility. There are some believability issues, such as the down tilt, but in the end it works out. The "No walking/dashing" thing seems odd, but you have to consider that Bubble Man is not built for surface combat. The tilts are really handy, and I especially like the up tilt (:lick:), so that's good. The standard A is... good; I half-expected to see his alternate weapon in MM2. Specials are true-to-character, and the side special and up special have a nice reverse movement thing going on. However, I imagined the up special being more reminiscent of a submarine, so the visual part of the move (Swelling) seems a little off. Can the down special's bubble be filled with water? Aerials are solid, the FAir is probably one of the most simple moves in the set, yet it remains a good one. I'm a little confused about the NAir- can you have the bubbles on your body as long as you want, or can they only stay out for 1/2 a second? As for the smashes, well, I like the use of the ambiguity between the different possible pronunciations of lead, and the FSmash is a nice tribute to his attack in MM2. Though I would expect him to be able to move left as right as well as up while charging, unless he can and it's not mentioned. The Final Smash is what I predicted it would be (:lick:), and works well considering what little you have to work with. Good on the extras; The stage has a nice advantage for Bubble Man, though the description leaves out a couple of details, the music is great, taunts are fine, recolors are superb as always. Overall, I think it's your best set yet; I think you did a good job fitting one of my favorite Robot Masters to SSBB.

WALL OF TEXT

D

Deleted member

Chaos 0

Nice. You may have gone bat**** insane with the detail (It took me five minutes to find where the quote ends), but whatever. lol @ the Tentacle **** Trap.

--- DARK GAIA ---
He's too big! :mad:

Nice moveset, although compared to the rest of the moveset, the attack name "Bad Hair Day" seems unfitting.

How can I never manage to criticise something? :mad:

Bubble Man

Another cool moveset, though I'm wondering whether the single throw counts as disqualification or not.

WALL OF TEXT
Enter button. Use it.​

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Another cool moveset, though I'm wondering whether the single throw counts as disqualification or not.
No, it doesn't count as disqualification.

If the moveset's mechanic calls for only one throw etc., then so be it, as long as you just don't blatantly not make tilts or throws. That's what the requirements mean. Bubbleman has an equivalent of throws, making him still qualified - it's just his special throw mechanic that doesn't allow him to use more than that.

Agi

Smash Lord
Bubble Man, as it now is, is a fine moveset, what with the mobility. There are some believability issues, such as the down tilt, but in the end it works out. The "No walking/dashing" thing seems odd, but you have to consider that Bubble Man is not built for surface combat.

The tilts are really handy, and I especially like the up tilt (:lick:), so that's good. The standard A is... good; I half-expected to see his alternate weapon in MM2.

Specials are true-to-character, and the side special and up special have a nice reverse movement thing going on. However, I imagined the up special being more reminiscent of a submarine, so the visual part of the move (Swelling) seems a little off. Can the down special's bubble be filled with water?

Aerials are solid, the FAir is probably one of the most simple moves in the set, yet it remains a good one. I'm a little confused about the NAir- can you have the bubbles on your body as long as you want, or can they only stay out for 1/2 a second?

As for the smashes, well, I like the use of the ambiguity between the different possible pronunciations of lead, and the FSmash is a nice tribute to his attack in MM2. Though I would expect him to be able to move left as right as well as up while charging, unless he can and it's not mentioned.

The Final Smash is what I predicted it would be (:lick:), and works well considering what little you have to work with.

Good on the extras; The stage has a nice advantage for Bubble Man, though the description leaves out a couple of details, the music is great, taunts are fine, recolors are superb as always. Overall, I think it's your best set yet; I think you did a good job fitting one of my favorite Robot Masters to SSBB.

WALL OF TEXT
Wall of text. *breaks up*

I knew that the DTilt may seem implausible, but we're working with Brawl's physics here... if you get touched by the slightest bit, you're along for the ride. :rolleyes:

You and your tilts... anyways, as you soon discovered, his alt. weapon shows up later.

The USpec was supposed to play off of his malfunctioning buoyancy system, so there's that. And I would have mentioned if you could fill the Down Special with water.

Eeheehee... you're right to call me out on the FAir/NAir. They're the last two I wrote, and my motivation was slipping. It took all I could muster just to write up that new UTilt, as you know. =P

As for the FSmash, it's not mentioned because he can't. Just straight up.

It was a bit frustrating when you told me what the finall smash should be after I already had thought it up... but meh.

*skims section on extras, only reading recolor portion*

Yay, I'm still improving! But... you just started Mega Man this week, and you already have a fave robot master? I'd like to see where this ends up. :chuckle:

Bubbble Man

See Shellder. :bee:

No, it doesn't count as disqualification.

If the moveset's mechanic calls for only one throw etc., then so be it, as long as you just don't blatantly not make tilts or throws. That's what the requirements mean. Bubbleman has an equivalent of throws, making him still qualified - it's just his special throw mechanic that doesn't allow him to use more than that.
Spade knows what he's talking about.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Bubble Man is a fantastic moveset, agi. It's incredible how much you've done with a bubble-based moveset, truly intriguing. The lack of mobility is fitting and just adds to his downright uniqueness. So many attacks I like in there, and yet none of them go too far. Fantastic job, better even than Air Man.

My only minor quibble is that a few attacks are a bit awkwardly described; Forward Smash comes to mind, as his rising in the air and the firing of the bubble don't seem to have any apparent link.

But yeah, it's a hell of a set and your best yet.

Agi

Smash Lord
Bubble Man is a fantastic moveset, agi. It's incredible how much you've done with a bubble-based moveset, truly intriguing. The lack of mobility is fitting and just adds to his downright uniqueness. So many attacks I like in there, and yet none of them go too far. Fantastic job, better even than Air Man.

My only minor quibble is that a few attacks are a bit awkwardly described; Forward Smash comes to mind, as his rising in the air and the firing of the bubble don't seem to have any apparent link.

But yeah, it's a hell of a set and your best yet.
I'd like to know what other attacks are "awkwardly described." The FSmash played off of his attack as a boss, where he rose into the air water and threw bubbles at you.

Anyways, thanks! Good to know I'm still improving.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'd like to know what other attacks are "awkwardly described." The FSmash played off of his attack as a boss, where he rose into the air water and threw bubbles at you.

Anyways, thanks! Good to know I'm still improving.
Fair, Uair, Up Special, to a certain extent. Hey, I did say it was a minor quibble; it's hardly a debilitating issue, and even the aforementioned attack can be deciphered with a bit of effort. Just figured I had to mention SOMETHING negative. :p

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to say something about my lack of activity in MYM, and what it'll be like now.So for the 100th time, I'm sorry for it having taken so much time, but at least I'm not the only one like that! *points at MT and Tanookie* Here is my list of priorities :

1st - Post Birdon, which should be today or tomorrow, 100% sure.
2nd - I'm gonna work on my SM's first chapter.
3rd - Gonna do from one to three reviews that I have to do. ( I'd maybe need some helpers :ohwell: ( Not helpers like GIm, Rocky or Waddle Doo :p )
4th - Other things I'll find later.

So don't ask me when will that come out, do you post this and that soon or whatever, I most often don't know it. I do what I have to do and then I say when it'll be ready.

BTW, movesets are getting better and better while traveling between MYMs :bee: , that's great! Even for newcomers, they're movesets are becoming better at a much faster rate that mine were! *points at Wizzerd*

Long post is finally finished! :)

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Wow... its been a while since I last posted (I swear I'm not a lurker! ... STOP STARING AT ME!!!) :mad:
so... ____ man has been posted...

@Bubbleman: Awesome set Agi! All of his attacks were very creative and interesting (I certainly couldn’t have gotten that many great attacks out of him) :ohwell:
I really liked how he couldn’t move around in the normal way, but he had several very cool ways to make up for it. It was kind of like K.rool’s shellder set, but you made the concept even more interesting! My only complaint is that he seems pretty underpowered, not being able to move around much yet having low power, low weight and having a ‘weakness’ to pointed objects. Also, you’re right. You DO suck at naming moves. :p

I guess now I’ll comment on a few more sets that I have yet to do so for…

@Super Gimp Mudkip: So I herd u leik mudkipz. It wasn’t nearly as epic as SGC, but still quite lulzy. :D

@Ekanssssssss: I really liked this set; Ekans seems like a character that would be really fun to play as! This seems like the exact way a sssssssssnake like ekans would play in brawl, with a focus on mindgames, damage-dealing and poison-based attacks. All of his attacks were so unique and awesome, I don’t think I could pick favorites. And your playstyle section is like a poem; it seems like you could go on for hours talking about your sets. & I mean that in a good way :D

@Ryuk: Another great Detail Nazi set! Ryuk’s usage of the death note was pulled off perfectly, as were the rest of his specials. I loved that he would get killed if he killed by means other than the death note. the fake deathnote, as well as Ryuk’s unique moves, provide for tons of potential strategies and mindgames. I will say though, his nair is very unclear to me. It appears where he originally jumped and it goes in the same direction as Ryuk, up to a battlefield platform away from its original location? Anyhow, I liked this set a lot, even though it wasn’t my personal favorite from you.

@Team Rocket: I know that its been quite a while since they’ve been posted, but I think they deserve a comment. This set was absolutely awesome Junahu! Having watched the first seasons of the anime as a kid, I was really liking all the references to it. I have to say, the teamwork of Meowth, Jessie and James was perfectly implemented, and it doesn’t seem like too much of a burden to keep track of both of them during battle. The specials of both Meowth & Jessie/James work very well together for the most part, and they’re really fun moves to boot. Meowth has some pretty fun attacks on his own; many would have been boring had it not been for their unique effects (not trying to take away from them, they were great). Jessie/James’ moves are hilarious, with all the random poses and weaponry from the show. The pair’s final smash is epic nostalgia, although I wish you have put a bit more detail about exactly how much extra knockback robotic meowth’s attacks get. And the pokemon evolutions from J/J’s dtilt were quite awesome. I loled at their alt costumes too.
~ Wow… that was long winded. Anyway, TR is probably one of my favorite sets thus far, due to all the above. Xd

I have yet to read Chaos 0 or Dark Gaia, so I will do that shortly and comment on them in another post.

Some words
lolwut? that's a long post? Then I just wrote a novel. lol
Also...
REVIEW SHANA AND YUJI. :p

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
You think THOSE are long posts...?

-Hail Ilpalazzo!-
~Hyatt~

The unfortunate Hyatt from Excel Saga joins the Brawl!

Backstory
Hyatt is a young woman presumably from outer space (at least she first appeared with the Puchuu’s, a weird group of adorable aliens). She then gets employed by Lord Ilpalazzo and takes up working for the secret organization known as A.C.R.O.S.S.. Essentially, she acts as Excel’s roommate and partner, participating in all kinds of wacky adventures together. She’s usually thought of as the more reliable of the two (comical because she often times ends up dying during the mission) and is clearly Ilpalazzo’s favorite of the two. For some unknown reason, Hyatt enters random coughing fits where she usually ends up coughing herself to death. She’s also likely to randomly keel over after losing copious amounts of blood at any random given time. Fortunately, she seems to have a never ending supply of the red stuff and comes back to life almost immediately after “dying.” She’s rather naïve, not understanding her neighbor’s (Toru Wantanabe) obvious passes at her (this is further expanded upon in the final episode of the series; Going Too Far). Not exactly sure of what she’s doing, Hyatt does her job to live up to Ilpalazzo’s expectations and to impress her friend Excel.

Videos​

Opening Credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50l-9RNBo8
Episode One:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiSzKhP7-o&feature=PlayList&p=136D1CEF635AFDDB&index=0&playnext=1
Hyatt’s First Appearance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ADNCbhsIs

-Pros-
- Erratic movements makes it hard to predict.
- Several projectiles.
- Fast attack/movement speed.
- Up B recovery is quite useful.
- Powerful smash attacks
- Wonderful mindgame potential.
- Can heal self (albeit limited).
- Excellent crouch

-Cons-
- Weak air game.
- Weak throws.
- Final Smash does limited damage and can be avoided.
- Attacks sometimes unreliable/very laggy.
- Blood puddles used for up smash can make playstyle difficult for newcomers.
- Rather light.
- Several attacks do no damage.
- Loses “weird factor” against experienced players.
- Horrible traction.

Stats​

Size: 5/10
Hyatt is only a normal sized human female, so she’s about Peach’s height, maybe a tad taller.

Weight: 4/10
Not exactly a featherweight but clearly not a sack of bricks like Bowser, Hyatt is a little less than average when it comes to weight. Hyatt’s likely to go flying even at lower percents however, so be cautious.

Walking Speed: 5/10
Nothing noteworthy at all really about Hyatt’s speed, she walks like a normal human being would with her arms at her sides.

Running Speed: 7/10
Hyatt can book when she has to, her running stance may look funny but it doesn’t at all deter her very quick running speed.

Traction: 3/10
Hyatt has a hard time staying on her feet when she’s standing still, of course she’s not gonna have very good traction.

Power: 5/10
Easily not the strongest character in the game but by no means is Hyatt a pushover, most of her attacks do very light damage and she has a bit of a problem scoring KO’s once she’s racked up enough damage.

Attack Speed: 8/10
Hyatt’s true strength lies in her extremely quick attacks. Most of them involve her performing an instantaneous, random, jerking movement, making her extremely quick on attacks and extremely random when it comes to attacking.

Range: 6/10
Most of Hyatt’s moves are fairly short range, however a few of them make use of the entire length of her body.

Priority: 7/10
A lot of Hyatt’s attacks are high in priority as they sometimes involve hitting the foe with her entire body.

First Jump: 5/10
A rather average jump, Hyatt isn’t too fantastic when it comes to jumping.

Second Jump: 4/10
Slightly weaker than the first jump as she doesn’t really have any super natural abilities to aid her.

Recovery: 6/10
Hyatt’s recovery thankfully makes up (slightly) for her lackluster jumps.

Fall Speed: 3/10
Hyatt’s a very light young lady, she’s not going to fall very fast obviously.

Crouch: 9/10
Hyatt has an excellent crouch that’s second only to Snake’s in terms of how much it shortens her height.

Crawl: 4/10
A rather slow crawl but at least she’s able to, right?

Animations​

Basic Pose:
Hyatt stands in place, her arms at her sides and her feet together.

Idle Pose:
Hyatt glances about and begins coughing, lifting her left hand to cover her mouth.

Walking Pose:
Hyatt walks with her arms at her sides.

Running Pose:
Hyatt lifts her arms slightly and begins moving faster.

Dashing Pose:
Hyatt bends her arms at the elbow and sticks them out at her sides while dashing.

Crouching:
Hyatt falls flat on her face, her butt in the air.

Crawling:
Hyatt inches forward like an inchworm, her butt still in the air the whole time.

Jump 1:
Hyatt kicks off the ground, keeping her arms at her sides.

Jump 2:
Hyatt kicks up a bit more and actually lifts her arms up.

Shield:
Hyatt raises her arms over her face as the bubbleshield grows around her. Every once in a while she coughs.

Sidestep:
Hyatt collapses into the background before climbing to her feet; a very slow sidestep.

Forward Roll:
Hyatt falls forward and then slides up a slight way.

Backward Roll:
Same as the forward roll but backwards, obviously.

Air Dodge:
Hyatt spins around in place, her face noticeably blue.

Swimming:
Hyatt does the dead man float, but she’s fine, right? Right?!

Drowning:
Hyatt doesn’t panic or anything, a vicious flurry of bubbles form where her head is while she’s drowning.

Dizzy:
Hyatt stands in place, her head vibrating quickly.

Sleeping:
Hyatt falls flat on her face like her crouch, sleep bubbles coming from her head.

Special Attacks

Neutral B: Crimson Cough-
Hyatt’s one special attack that’s actually capable of damage, this one is similar in appearance to Squirtle’s water gun…so you can obviously imagine how disgusting this is going to be, right? A chargeable stream of blood can be spat at your opponent, but instead of pushing them away with a nice weak stream of water, this attack damages them and helps slow them down with a gross sticky blast of bodily fluids. Hyatt’s face becomes more and more blue as you hold the button, the longer you hold the button the longer the stream of blood will be. However…hold the button too long and Hyatt will keel over, making the move useless and yourself easily able to be punished.

Notes:
A chargeable projectile and potentially the one attack with the longest reach in Hyatt’s entire arsenal, the neutral B is a VERY valuable tool to use, but not to abuse. As mentioned before, if you hold the attack too long (longer than two seconds), you’ll end up paying for it with almost certain retaliation. Once hit with this attack, the opponent will enter a flinched state; this attack has exceptional priority, however it’s quite easy to see coming and even easier to counter. If an opponent stays in your face, they can simply wait out the attack in the blindspot directly before Hyatt, similar to her side tilt. (Uncharged: 8%, Charged: 15%+)

Side B: The Great Will of the Macrocosm-
The Great Will of the Macrocosm, Excel Saga’s unrivaled deus ex machina appears on stage and spreads her arms out. Once she appears, any blood puddles on the stage will suddenly fly towards Hyatt and be reabsorbed into her; much like how the Great Will of the Macrocosm has revived Hyatt among others multiple times within the series itself. The puddles fly quite quickly towards Hyatt (about Pikachu’s run speed) and once they reach her, she recovers 3% per puddle. While Hyatt can move during this attack in order to avoid attacks, she’s unable to use her down tilt, down special or side special until all of the puddles have returned to her.

Notes:
While it would seem that this move could easily be spammed to recover health, that’s really not an option here. While one COULD use their down B, take the 5% damage from it and then heal it all using the side B, the amount of lag time that would take would make it nearly impossible to spam without getting hit by an opponent. This move is actually best used in combination with the down tilt although the amount of lag after the down tilt makes it far from spammable. After a KO one could use it to restore some health before the opponent respawns or it could be just as effectively used right before the puddles vanish. Suffers from slight beginning lag and varied end lag depending on how long it takes for the blood puddles to reach Hyatt. (0%)

Up B: Puchuu Plummet-
Several Puchuus leap out underneath Hyatt in order to save her (they have some unexplained connection to her…) and form a staircase diagonally upwards about the length of a battlefield platform. Hyatt then regains her jumps and can jump to the stage from there. Unfortunately, you have to be quick with this recovery as the Puchuus (believe it or not) still obey the laws of gravity; they’ll start falling the moment you use this recovery…so make it count…

Notes:
While Hyatt’s recovery may seem almost broken, it comes with a major drawback: once used, it can’t be used again until Hyatt touches solid ground once more. Fortunately that’s not TOO difficult as she regains her jump and her double jump as well as usage of aerial attacks. As soon as this move is used, sprint in the direction you need to go and jump; the Puchuu staircase only lasts for about half a second, so make your jumps count and don’t fall with them… (0%)

Down B: Holding It In-
Hyatt coughs once and then stands still…suddenly, a massive amount of blood starts spraying from her…well…everywhere (yeah, it really isn’t explained but then again Excel Saga is random as hell). After a moment of bleeding thoroughly, Hyatt will dab her mouth with a handkerchief. Now…what exactly does this do besides make you bleed violently for a while? Well, it’s actually a crucial part of Hyatt’s gameplay. When the down B is used, Hyatt will suffer 5% but in exchange will create three puddles of blood instantly, making it a perfect set up for an Up Smash. Each puddle of blood will fly off in a random direction, going a maximum distance of a full Battlefield platform.

Notes:
Capable of creating the maximum number of blood puddles in a single attack, Hyatt’s down special doesn’t come without its drawbacks. For instance, the most obvious drawback is the 5% damage caused to yourself per use. In addition to this, this move also suffers from a nasty bit of end lag; fortunately you should have the blood puddles to hopefully trip up your opponents before they can take advantage of your vulnerable state. Use this move as the perfect set up for either an up smash or a side special. (0%)

Standard Attacks

A Combo: Coughing Fit-
Hyatt begins coughing madly, raising her left hand to cover her mouth. Unfortunately this doesn’t stop a small shower of blood from escaping through her fingers. Tapping the A button causes Hyatt to cough more and more, making it an infinite “jab” capable of trapping foes with multiple weak hits.

Notes:
This attack has a surprisingly deceptive range, capable of hitting foes up to half a Battlefield platform away. The true strength of this attack however lies in the fact that it can strike repeatedly, trapping a foe with multiple weak hits. With decent priority and little start up lag, this move is excellent for interrupting combos or smash attacks. It does however suffer from a bit of ending lag while Hyatt finishes up her coughing fit. (2%)

Side Tilt: Tomato Spray-
Hyatt holds up a can of tomato juice (which for some unexplained reason she seems to love) and tilts her head. Suddenly, her face turns a shade of blue as she sprays forward a shower of tomato juice onto her foe.

Notes:
Good range (although there is a blindspot directly before Hyatt) and decent damage, Hyatt’s side tilt comes with the drawback of not causing any knockback whatsoever. It does however cause automatic flinching as it takes a few moment or two for the opponent to wipe the tomato juice off of themselves This move comes out almost instantaneously however it suffers from slight end lag, making it somewhat punishable if you miss with it. (6%)

Up Tilt: Blood Spout-
Hyatt looks upwards and sprays a stream of blood into the air much like a whale would while spraying out of its blowhole. The actual hitbox of the attack moves up and down periodically as the move progresses, starting off with the highest reach, then shortest, then highest again.

Notes:
A rather slow attack, Hyatt’s up tilt takes a full second to perform. Fortunately the hitbox starts out almost instantaneously and is actually quite wide. The unfortunate part of this attack however is that Hyatt is entirely vulnerable to attacks from the side at anytime during this attack’s animations; the hitbox does NOT reach her sides at ALL. While physically weak, this attack is excellent for stopping aggressive aerial foes, unfortunately it only provides low knockback. It’s possible to hit a foe with the initial attack, a second attack when the spout goes to its lowest height and once more when it returns to its maximum height making it a potential three hit attack. While at maximum height, the spout reaches about half a Battlefield platform above her. (4%)

Down Tilt: Blood Puddle-
Hyatt tilts her head slightly and…oh God! She’s not dead again is she?! Hyatt opens her mouth and a stream of blood pours from her mouth to the floor below her. A useless move when it comes to attacking, the pool of blood left behind from this attack causes foes to trip if they step in it making it a perfect set up for a smash attack!

Notes:
This move has zero damage and knockback dealing capabilities but more than makes up for it with its incredible set up potential. Essentially acting like an immobile banana peel, the small puddle of blood causes any foes that step onto it to slip, falling flat on their rears and, more importantly, becoming totally vulnerable to a smash attack. Only three puddles of blood may be on stage at any one time and they stick around for ten seconds. If you attempt to use this move when there’s already three puddles on stage, Hyatt will simply tilt her head and blink a few times. A slight bit of start up and end lag (more so on the start up) accompany this move. (0%)

Dash Attack: Crumpled Heap-
Whilst running, Hyatt’s face turns a brilliant shade of blue before she falls forward and rolls a short way, holding her head and staggering slightly as she regains consciousness and rises to her feet.

Notes:
One of Hyatt’s prime KO moves, this move comes out almost instantly but suffers from a nasty bit of end lag as Hyatt has to climb to her feet and regain her bearings before she can move again. Another positive aspect of this move is how Hyatt keeps moving slightly after using this attack, making its range surprisingly long. Easily punishable if it misses but exceptional for KO’s with its medium/high knockback. (9%)

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Dead Aim-
Reaching down and, pulling a gun from waist level, Hyatt aims forward at her opponent. While charging, Hyatt’s arm will begin to tremble slightly and, upon release of the button (or after automatic release), Hyatt’s face will suddenly turn blue as she falls forward, hitting the foe with the full force of her body.

Notes: A powerful smash with little start up lag, this is certainly Hyatt’s greatest killing move. It doesn’t however come without its drawbacks; upon hitting the ground, Hyatt takes about ¾’s of a second to stand back up and holster the gun once again. Oddly enough, this move also has a sweetspot; if you hit with the very tip of Hyatt’s head as she falls, the knockback will be increased by a slight margin. Missing the sweetspot however won’t effect the move very much however so don’t worry about trying to nail it every time. Does medium knockback normally and slightly above medium knockback when sweet spotted. (Uncharged: 13%, Charged: 21%)

Up Smash: Bird Shower-
Directly linked to the down tilt and down B, Hyatt’s up smash relies on how many blood puddles are lying around the stage. When several blood puddles are out, pressing the up smash command causes them to evaporate instantly. This seems like it would actually destroy your strategies rather than help them, right? Wrong. Once the puddles evaporate, the vapors waft into the air and a shower of various birds will rain down on the location where the blood puddle was located. The amount of birds that fall depends on how long the up smash command is held for. If no blood puddles are present, Hyatt will simply break the fourth wall and say, “Sorry,” while shrugging.

Notes:
Best used after an opponent slips on a blood puddle, Bird Shower’s effectiveness correlates directly to the number of blood puddles, their locations and how long the smash is held for. The more blood puddles, the more locations this move can hit, the locations obviously determine WHAT the move hits, and how long you hold the smash command for determines how many birds will fall to the ground. This attack is best used for adding additional damage to the foe but can also be used to spike enemies as the birds while falling will spike any foes hit downwards Obviously this move can’t be used if there’s no blood puddles around. There’s some start up lag as it takes a moment for the birds to fall but considering how massively disjointed the attack is from Hyatt, it shouldn’t be too hard to hit with. (5% per bird, maximum of five birds)

Down Smash: Expiration-
Hyatt’s face turns blue as her legs start to wobble. She then drops to her knees and continues to wobble a bit. Once to smash is released, Hyatt falls over instantly to either side, striking the foe with the entire length of her body. Which side she falls to is entirely random meaning that the attack can easily miss if she accidentally falls to the wrong side.

Notes:
Another high risk attack, Hyatt’s down smash has the potential to miss entire and the drawback of not being able to hit both sides at once. Fortunately, the attack itself has some good range, some good priority and almost NO start up lag as well as possessing some high knockback potential. It does however come with a nasty bit of end lag, requiring that Hyatt stands up again before she can attack again. (17% uncharged, 24% charged)

Grabs & Throws

Grab:
Hyatt falls forward onto her opponent, the grabbing animation is actually just her leaning on them, partially dead. This grab has excellent range for a “non-ranged” grab and is actually about the length of Yoshi’s.

Pummel: Contagious?!-
Hyatt coughs in the foe’s face…better hope whatever she has isn’t contagious…very quick, yet very weak. (1%)

Forward Throw: Look But Don’t Touch…-
Hyatt leans forward and appears as if she’s about to kiss her opponent. Yes! All you Zero Suit Samus yuri fans finally get your wish! But wait, she stops moments before locking lips and socks them forward with a powerful thrust of her right palm!

Notes:
Easily Hyatt’s best throw for both KO’ing and spacing, providing medium to high knockback which will either KO a foe or at the very least at allow the Hyatt player to get some breathing room. Slight ending lag accompanies this move as Hyatt is required to stand up after it’s used. KO’s at about 110-120%. (10%)

Upward Throw: Hail Ilpalazzo!-
Hyatt comes to her senses but accidentally smacks the opponent into the air while performing a salute to Lord Ilpalazzo! Afterwards she looks quite apologetic towards her enemy.

Notes:
A throw that’s best used to set up Hyatt’s air game, the up throw doesn’t serve many purposes other than adding some quick damage to the foe and also making them airborne. Even though it suffers from very SLIGHT end lag, it’s not really noticible and by the time it wears off, they’ll be at the perfect height to combo into. Decent upward knockback. (7%)

Downward Throw: Faint Of Heart-
Hyatt falls forward entirely, forcing the foe to the ground and causing her to land on top of them. Upon hitting the ground, a spray of blood hits the foe with such force that they actually slide forward from beneath her.

Notes:
An excellent throw for killing off of walk-off edges, one has to keep in mind that the foe slides FORWARD after being hit by this, making camping by the edge difficult to do without being retaliated upon. Impossible to KO with otherwise, this attack is somewhat more about spacing than anything, forcing the opponent about a Battlefield platform away in one throw. (7%)

Back Throw: Banana Slipup-
Hyatt falls past her opponent and drops a banana peel behind her. The careless opponent takes a step forward and then slips and falls on their rear. Where Hyatt got a banana peel doesn’t make much sense…but neither does Excel Saga! Or Smash for that matter…

Notes:
Hands down the LEAST useful of Hyatt’s throws, this one gets next to no knockback and does very little damage. The only real plus to this one however is that it leaves the opponent facing away from you…not that that’s entirely useful. (5%)

Aerials​

Neutral Air: Hyattnado-
Hyatt’s apparently been drinking coffee again…when she gets hyperactive like this (one of the few times she actually gets energy oddly enough), her legs become a blinding tornado, appearing only as a blur, similar in appearance to Meta Knight’s Mach Tornado but only affecting her legs.

Notes:
A good multi-hitting attack, Hyatt’s neutral air only hits foes below her or directly to the side of her, she’s entirely vulnerable from above. A rather low range, low priority attack, the neutral air is not one to really approach with. On the plus side, there’s little lag to it but also almost no knockback… (2% per hit, hits up to five times)

Forward Air: Coughing Up A Lung-
Hyatt begins coughing wildly again, this time however, no blood is coming out, yay, improvement! This attack does however create a gust of wind directly before Hyatt that can be useful when it comes to blowing foes back.

Notes:
Yet another zero damage attack that does little more than mindgame or nudge foes away, this attack is best used against opponents who have just used their up B and are almost near the edge. Very little lag on both ends make this attack very spammable. (0%)

Back Air: Head In The Clouds-
Hyatt once more gets a tad bit dizzy and thrashes violently backwards, striking her foe with the back of her head. She then holds her head afterwards, as if it hurt her as well…fortunately it does no damage to yourself.

Notes:
If you’ve ever accidentally cracked your head against someone else’s you know how much it hurts…this attack is exceptional when it comes to both damage and knockback, causing medium-high knockback if it hits. Unfortunately, the hitbox isn’t very large and there’s a bit of start up/ending lag (mostly on the end). (15%)

Up Air: Coughing Your Head Off-
Hyatt begins coughing madly when suddenly…her head pops off! Ack! Yes, poor Hyatt’s head pops off and flies straight upwards, striking foes away before it falls back onto her shoulders…that was a close one…

Notes:
Besides being particularly off-beat and gruesome, Hyatt’s up air can cause a fair amount of damage and decent knockback…however like most of Hyatt’s other aerials, it comes with some bad end lag. Fortunately, the hitbox on this attack is quite weird and disjointed, it being a kind of pseudo-projectile. And no, if she’s hit mid attack she does NOT lose her head permanently. (12%)

Down Air: Drop Dead-
Hyatt suddenly falls backwards, plummeting towards the ground, her legs and arms pointing upward as she falls. A basic stall-then-fall that hits the foe with the entirety of Hyatt’s body, sometimes it might even spike them down with you!

Notes:
A risky maneuver that means instant death over chasms, quite effective if you want to drop down quickly, unfortunately it suffers from a nasty bit of end lag as Hyatt falls on her back, requiring her to slowly stand up and regain her footing. As she falls, her body is arched out, much like a cat stretching; if the opponent hits the center of her back, they’ll be spiked downwards, unfortunately the usefulness of this is questionable… (14%)

-Final Smash-

"Going Too Far"

Hyatt calls out “Haaaaaaail Ilpalazz-ooooooooagh!” and then falls over immediately. Seems as though she’s been holding it in a bit too much…suddenly, a small pool of blood seeps out from beneath her…not too bad. Wait…what? Uh oh! The pool keeps growing.…! Suddenly, a huge torrent of blood sprays out and sweeps across the stage. This blood acts like the water in Jungle Japes and reaches up as high as the top platform of Battlefield (so only the tips of the levels will be safe against the current). Getting swept away means near certain death…fortunately it only lasts 10 seconds before Hyatt stands up again, wipes her mouth and says, “Excuse me…”

Notes:
A very useful Final Smash with some serious KO potential, the only real drawbacks are its short length and lack of damage. While it WILL almost always KO a foe who falls into it (and it IS technically possible to escape this by the way…), it’s unlikely to KO a foe twice as the ten seconds will most likely run out before the revival platform disappears. The one damaging aspect of this Final Smash is that it does 2% damage for each second you’re in the blood…chances are you won’t rack up more than 10%, but it’s a nice little addition for the player. (2% per second in blood)

Extras

Up Taunt: Hail Ilpalazzo!!-
Hyatt raises her hand into a salute and cries out, “Hail Ilpalazzo!!” She then proceeds to cough once and goes back to her normal stance.

Side Taunt: A Cute Bronchitis-
Hyatt begins to cough a little, a trickle of blood running down her mouth. She then smiles and says, “Excuse me,” whilst dabbing at her mouth with a handkerchief.

Down Taunt: Motion Sickness-
Hyatt’s face turns a bright blue as she spins away from the camera. Vomiting noise is then heard before she turns around a second later, noticeably paler.

Victory Pose 1: Trap Door Escapades- Hyatt appears on screen, Lord Ilpalazzo standing before her. He proceeds to say, “Excellent work Agent Hyatt…but why are they clapping for you…?” A pull cord then drops down which Ilpalazzo then pulls, dropping the losers into a pool of water off screen.

Victory Pose 2: Dead Rising-
Hyatt appears on the victory screen face down. She then stands up and says, “Sorry, I tripped,” before crossing her arms and looking at the camera.

Victory Pose 3: Dance, Dance, Dance!-
Hyatt is seen doing the dance shown in the opening of Excel Saga (it’s in the video up at the top). She’ll do this continuously, periodically changing sides as she dances.

Lose Pose:
Hyatt claps for the winner, occasionally coughing in between claps, stopping to cover her mouth.

PLAYSTYLE – Dying To Win​

Right off the bat if one wants to get good with Hyatt, they’re going to have to learn how to manage blood puddles. Blood puddles will be your best friend once you’ve become an experienced Hyatt player. Not only are they useful for healing, they’re key for edgeguarding, holding enemies off and just plain mindgames. Placing a puddle near the edge and then knocking a foe off only to up smash spike them is an excellent edgeguard technique if you can time it right without the magnetic edges interfering. Slipping a foe up with convieniently placed puddle and then hitting them with a forward smash while grounded is also another great strategy. If any blood puddles are left over after KO’ing a foe, use the Side B to reabsorb them and regain a bit of health before your foe has a chance to recover. Use the down tilt more than the down special; the lag coupled with the 5% extra can make it a bit too risky for what it’s worth.

Hyatt players have it rough; while her ground game is far superior to her aerial game, relying too heavily on the ground game will have you tripping left and right due to Hyatt’s poor traction. To make things worse, Hyatt’s fair is useless for approaching meaning you’ll have to rely on the neutral air or preferably the back air while approaching backwards. Essentially, you’re going to want to stay grounded through most of the fight. Hyatt’s smashes may be risky (most notably the down smash), but they pay off big if they land. Don’t forget about your up tilt either, it’s exceptional for taking out foes from above.

PLAYING AGAINST – Finding A Cure​

In order to beat an experienced Hyatt player, you’re going to want to keep track of where the blood puddles are located. If you catch a Hyatt player using their side B in hopes of recovering, chase them down and make sure that it takes a while for the puddle to reach them; if you delay the puddle from reaching Hyatt, you successfully remove three of Hyatt’s attacks from her set as well as trouncing her mind game potential, at least for a limited time. Approaching Hyatt from above may be the best strategy as her air game is fairly weak, so long as you dodge the up tilt, you should be fine attacking from the air. Be VERY cautious of her erratic smash attacks as they tend to come without much warning, especially the side and down smashes.

If you find yourself fighting a blood puddle happy Hyatt, put the pressure on so that they’re unable to use their most valuable resource. If you can get Hyatt off stage, gimp her recovery with aerial attacks before she can make it back to the stage; if she has a clear line back to the stage, chances are she’ll make it. Due to her weak aerial game however, she’s not TERRIBLY difficult to gimp while recovering.

A lot of Hyatt’s attacks have flinching aspects or considerably range…fortunately, the attacks with flinching also have a blindspot directly before Hyatt that a player can duck down under and counterattack with down tilts.

-Hail Ilpalaz-oooooooogh.........-

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Hyatt: Hmm? That was a very odd moveset. You had some creative and very funny attacks in there while confined to blood and death, which is difficult; I applaud you for that. However, I'm not sure I can tell how she would work as a character, and the playstyle extra didn't explain much. Still, fun and entertaining moveset.

BTW, movesets are getting better and better while traveling between MYMs :bee: , that's great! Even for newcomers, they're movesets are becoming better at a much faster rate that mine were! *points at Wizzerd*
:bee: Thanks, TTM. (That's your nickname, right?) I can give you some help with reviews if you want.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Awesome! I loved it! =D

The moves were so bizzare and lulzy that my interest was held the entire time just to see what would happen next. My favorite was the USmash. That was a really creative use of move linking. =D

Agi

Smash Lord
Comments on Ryuk: Oh, MAN was I anticipating this one. As soon as I saw the first episode of Death Note, I was hooked. Mindgames all over the place... my IQ was raised a few points while watching that show... but anyways, this is one of the two (the other being the significantly shorter AI Colonel) Warlord sets that I read thoroughly, and MAN was it a doozy.

I think part of the reason I was turned off to your massive detail before was because I thought it would bear repeating... but nowhere in the set do you do this. Each line reveals more and more about the move's unique properties, and makes for a high-quality, enjoyable read. If you've wrote like this in the past, then I'm very, very sorry for not reading more of your works.

On to the mechanic(s)! Although Ryuk may seem overpowered at first, you make this work against him by your "punishment from above" system, limiting him to ONE KO move. This, I like. Very fitting to character, too, when you throw in the Shinigami eyes (giving them to your opponent?! Wow.) and the mindgame potential, what with creating additional Death Notes.

EDIT: However, the punishment could easily be abused by an opponent in the lead... considering how Brawl records KOs, if you slip up ONCE and attack them, they could simply jump off the stage without touching ground, and force you to take the punishment. That's about the only critique I have, :ohwell:

The apple addiction was a great touch, although I was worried about over-reliance on it. Then, after reading the USmash, I relaxed, knowing that you could cancel the need to continue eating apples. I like how you give him a new moveset with this, just adding more and more to Ryuk's character.

The extras were nice, actually readable for those of us who don't have a few hours of our lives to spare. The codec was a bit awkward, as with Lust's, considering that it would require the actions to actually occur in order to make sense, which is a bit unlikely. The Assist Trophy... as simple as it is... blew me away. I must admit I saw it coming when I saw the phrase "if Rem’s summoner gets hit with a move that does high knockback, Rem will write down the name of her summoner into a Death Note," but it's just a great thing to read if you know the Death Note series.

All in all, an excellent set, and my favorite out of all the ones I've read.

...comments on other sets coming soon, but I promised this one to Warlord. *ducks shoe*

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I'm sorry for it having taken so much time, but at least I'm not the only one like that! *points at MT and Tanookie*
Hey, now! I have a legit excuse. These past few weeks have been rehearsal after rehearsal after rehearsal--our show opens on Thursday and we are so NOT ready! Between Thursday and Saturday, I think I spent more waking hours at the theater than my home and school combined. I'm not even kidding. This whole week is going to be hell for me in terms of catching up on interwebz stuff, so don't think I've disappeared.

I AM almost done with Hypno; I just need a Final Smash, Playstyle, and some Extras. Then I will be done and I will unveil my masterpiece to the world!
Although it will probably never live up to any of the other sets that have been posted...

@ Hyatt: The thought of that much blood showing up in Smash Bros. made me chuckle.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Has anyone done Jeff from Earthbound yet?

Or, what with the small BLEACH craze, Ulquiorra?

I'm thinking that to get me to the end of my IoG set, I should set myself to look forward to a 'next' one. Seems to work well for the active people.

lol, Hyatt is a.... bloody moveset. o_0

The Final Smash makes the uncompromised blood theme all worth it. :p
There's actually some interesting stuff in there, if you get past the repetitiveness of "coughs up blood." No worse than Marth, I guess. >_>

And I suppose I would have to see the anime to appreciate the humour fully...

Hyatt’s a very light young lady, she’s not going to fall very fast obviously.
Lawl; it's easy to forget that in the real world, everything falls at the same speed. ;)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Cool, didn't know feathers and iron fell at the same speed.
Okay, for any two given masses, sufficiently large (not atomic), not exceeding the mass of the Earth, I can provide an object of the first mass value and an object of the second mass value, and they will fall at the same speed (on Earth from a fixed altitude).

Come on, man, I'm poking fun at the standard of VG physics...

Darkslash

Smash Master
Okay, for any two given masses, sufficiently large (not atomic), not exceeding the mass of the Earth, I can provide an object of the first mass value and an object of the second mass value, and they will fall at the same speed (on Earth from a fixed altitude).
*facepalm*

I hope that above was a joke.

In a vacuum, they do.
Of course I hope you do know spade was talking about Air resistance right?

Baloo

Smash Ace
@PK-ow: I'm doing Jeff one day, but you can do him too, I'll probably get around to doing him in MYM8. :p

@Hyatt: lol. Funny, imagining blood in Smash. It's weird. :dizzy: But great set, many lolz.

The next set I'll be posting will be Wrath, just fyi.

Check the Abyss all, there is an announcement:

MYM has extended to BitF. :bee:

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
@ at what Baloo said : Awesome! It's nice to see MYM is expanding! Gotta go see MYM3 to see what the movesets were like, cause I think movesets like Birdon are a little too detailed and everything. :)

BTW, Birdon only has 2 Smashes and the Playstyle section left! Gonna post it tonight! :bee:

EDIT : Junahu, I guess they're talking about, like you're saying, the average moveset level in MYM3. ( Sorry if that sounded strange... ) BTW, could I send you a request for an OC drawing please ? :) ( I heard you could do some :p )

Proudful EDIT : I got the first and last post of this page! :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom