• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finishing Hitbox List

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
It makes it sooooo much easier to take screenshots of character hitboxes.

Which is why I am announcing my attempt at completing Seanson's legendary Hitbox System! Using the Dolphin Emulator and the Debug Menu AR codes, I am taking screenshots of the characters' moves that have not yet been dealt with in Seanson's Hitbox System. Once completed, it will be an even greater source of information than it already is, and a true testament to the depth and complexity of Melee.

HOWEVER

This is not an easy task. Taking a screenshot of every frame of every move of every character not yet done (around 8 I believe) is still a lot of work. If I do this alone, it will most likely take me several months.

I need (or would at least greatly appreciate) any support you guys can give me. If you have an emulator or an AR and capture card, please take pictures of the character hitboxes not yet in seanson's system.

This morning I started the project by taking screenshots of Falco's shine!

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/ihatethisfreakingusername/Falco Shine/

person701

Smash Journeyman
Good idea. I wish I could help, but I don't feel like getting a dolphin emu. (not even sure if it'd run on my comp) or a Melee ROM. Another thing that would be nice to add with this is slowed frame-by-frame .gif images with frame count off in the corner.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Maybe you should rename the thread to something like "ssbm hitbox system projcet
or something in order for it not to be closed. But I'll help, sure.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'd love to help with this. Is there any way I can contact you to discuss what I could work on? I've been really bored recently and this could give me something to do. My dolphin runs at 20fps on my laptop but I'm sure speed isn't too much of a factor since we're going frame by frame anyway, right?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
I'd love to help with this. Is there any way I can contact you to discuss what I could work on? I've been really bored recently and this could give me something to do. My dolphin runs at 20fps on my laptop but I'm sure speed isn't too much of a factor since we're going frame by frame anyway, right?
Yeah, my Melee doesn't run too fast either, for frame by frame it doesn't make a huge difference.

My AIM is BlessingOfVarda.
My MSN is arne.hofmann@live.de

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Wish I could help. :(

I could... uhh... photoshop those screenshots into a .gif >_>
lmfao

That's easy tho.

Wish I could help out somehow. Good luck with this guys, and I can't wait to see this finished.<3

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well, if the mods are stupid enough to close a thread based on the title alone....... they're pretty ****ing stupid.
He gave a valid suggestion, I thankfully read the threads that I close and or leave open but he's correct in changing the title.

Don't post with such vehemence regardless, you just look silly.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
He gave a valid suggestion, I thankfully read the threads that I close and or leave open but he's correct in changing the title.

Pretty sure that's why it was an "if".

Edit: My sig showed up wtf? @_@

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord

I meant it as "they're NOT that stupid that they would do that." But sure. I'll try to make sure I don't even remotely offend anyone with this post.

@Fate it does that pretty much whenever you quote someone, regardless of post length.

Also, this morning I did dsmash, grab, uair, nair, dair and bair (Falco). Since I'm a lazy ***** and don't feel like uploading every picture, I uploaded an archive to filefront.

http://files.filefront.com/FalcoARzip/;13660844;/fileinfo.html

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No, I wasn't offended at all I was just pointing out that he made a valid suggestion that you seemed to brush off :D.

Binx

Smash Master
Can I get a link to Seanshans hitbox, I remember running across it a few years ago and not being able to get it to run properly, but maybe I'll have better luck now.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If possible, for future hitboxes, could you zoom out just a bit so it would be possible to see the whole hitbox? It seems that a lot of these get cut-off (Falco's U-tilt hitbox is cut off) and it makes it hard to compare or observe odd behaviours because part of the move is essentially missing.

This is really awesome though.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
If possible, for future hitboxes, could you zoom out just a bit so it would be possible to see the whole hitbox? It seems that a lot of these get cut-off (Falco's U-tilt hitbox is cut off) and it makes it hard to compare or observe odd behaviours because part of the move is essentially missing.

This is really awesome though.
I'm a bit new to this whole AR thing, but I just checked the guide on GameeFAQs again, and apparently, it is possible. So far I'd just been using one button to get in to "zoomed in" mode, but apparently you can zoom in/out with C-stick in combination with some other buttons. Also, observe the borders of the window in the earliest screenshots- that was me failing at taking window specific screens.

someone needs to convert it to .dmg

so i can see :D
Isn't that the mac CD image format?

Binx

Smash Master
Thanks for linking the whole thing, i'm not sure I can get this working right now, at least here but I can at least look at it on another computer or something if I put it on a flash drive.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
You should track progress on the first post so it's easier to know how to help and so people don't end up doing the same hitboxes.

Top Bottom