• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
@Ekanssssssss: I really liked this set; Ekans seems like a character that would be really fun to play as! This seems like the exact way a sssssssssnake like ekans would play in brawl, with a focus on mindgames, damage-dealing and poison-based attacks. All of his attacks were so unique and awesome, I don’t think I could pick favorites. And your playstyle section is like a poem; it seems like you could go on for hours talking about your sets. & I mean that in a good way :D
I really liked this comment. Especially the playstyle bit. :cool:

Next time someone asks me to summarize my movesets, I'm totally quoting that.

Your playstyle section is like a poem; it seems like you could go on for hours talking about your sets.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

I hope that above was a joke.
Is there an obvious counterexample I missed? :embarrass

@Baloo: Alright, you're on!

I'd probably want to do the whole Earthbound four, including a redesign for Ness to make him like his canon self; I think that most of what Ness now is, could simply be given to Pu.

There's just the problem of Pu never having learned PK Fire... but then again, as a Ness user, I never quite found PK Fire to work with him. Maybe it could be redone into Brainshock...

Ah, but first I must finish Freedan!

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Is there an obvious counterexample I missed? :embarrass
Well, the feather actually works. See, to say all objects on Earth fall at the same speed wouldn't be technically correct. Wind resistance affects various objects differently, which in turn affects the speed at which they fall. All objects do, however, have the same acceleration due to gravity, and were gravity the only force acting on them, they would indeed fall at the same speed. [/off-topic half-informed response]

On topic... I'm waaaaaay behind on reading movesets. Of course, I don't tend to give much in the way of feedback... I feel I'm not really qualified, as I haven't posted a moveset, and my first will most likely suck, making any negative criticism hypocritical.

Once school lightens up a bit (projects and AP tests out of the way), I might be able to work on a moveset or two before finals become a prominent concern.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
WARNING : HUGE PINK WALL OF TEXT BELOW

Here is a bird, that looks like a pink feathered ball, Birdon joins the fray!

---- Description ----

Birdon is a generic enemy from the Kirby Series, giving the Wing Ability. He appears in Kirby : Super Star and Kirby : Super Star Ultra. Birdon is also the Wing Helper. He has the same moves as Kirby with the ability. Birdon is a small parrot-like enemy wearing a helmet. He has a bright orange (different as an enemy however) tuft of hair similar to Dyna Blade and comes in a variety of different colors. The helper is pink with bright green feathers at it's wing tips, the enemy version is blue, and the Milky Way Wishes variants are red.

---- Statistics ----
Size : 4/10
Birdon isn't the smallest, as he's a bit bigger than Kirby but still, he's below average. Some moves can miss him without having him crouching.

Weight : 2/10
As he's tiny and he's a bird, he's as light as a feather. Here we're talking about how difficult it is to knock him off. He's an easy kill target if hit, but that can be hard because he's small.

Falling Speed : 3.5/10
Even if he's smashed away easily, he'll fall slowly, as he's a bird. Anyways, he can use his Recovery to fall even more slowly.

First Jump : 5/10
Even with a great aerial game, Birdon has a poor first jump. Birdon tries to hop high in the air, but it instead looks like a sort of short bounce from the ground to the air.

Other Jumps - 10/10
Birdon has really good flying jumps, cause they have perfect traction, they go quite high in the air and they have a cool animation. They can well serve to dodge attacks or to flee, which I do not recommend.

Walking Speed - 3/10
Birdon doesn't walk very well, as he's often in air. His walk is so weak that he has one of the slowest walking speed in the entire game.

Running Speed - 8/10
Birdon now starts to get in the air, giving him a big boost. He is a little bit faster than Pikachu, cause he's a small and agile character.

Attack Speed - 7/10
He's not a Sonic Ver. 2.0, but he can still hit quickly, making enemies unable to counter back, which is a plus. Let's say he's a Sonic Ver. 1.5. :p

Traction - 8/10
With one of the best traction in game, Birdon can dodge, grab or hit anything. He's as fast as lightning, but only in air.

Power - 5/10
It's one of Birdon's weakspots. He can hit quickly and have great knockback, but most of his moves are weak and will not help for a high damaged enemy.

Knockback - 7.5/10
Even is he has weak moves, most of his moves are based around wind, which pushes thigns away. So, he pushes his enemies away with Knockback easily.

Range - 5/10
Yeah, some moves using wind have high range, but most of them uses his wings, which are not really large, because of his size. He even have some moves using his beak and his feet, which are really small.

Trickyness - 6/10
Most of his wind moves are really tricky, doing almost no damage but sending you away for a while, Birdon is one of those darn tricky characters.

Specials Effectiveness - 7/10
He has a weak and flinch projectile, and dashing bash attack, a strange recovery and a send-away attack. He's well prepared but not the best specials set.

Crouch Effectiveness - 8/10
As it looks a lot, and we could almost say it's the same as Kirby, which is really good, Birdon's crouch is really good.

Combo Master - 7.5/10
With his super speed and his agile air skills, Birdon can place a combo anywhere, anywhen.

Wall Jump - Yes

Wall Cling - No

Gliding - Yes
He has wings and he's a bird, he got everything to be qualified for gliding!

Tether Recovery - No

Crawling - Yes
He can do this, but kind of strangely. More details in the Animations section of the moveset.

---- Animations ----

Idle Stance
Birdon swings a little bit forth and back, which can slightly being seen. He also sometimes do little bird sounds.

Walking
Birdon walks one feet after the other, but more Penguin-ishly. He gets on one side of his body, on one foot, to give himself a swing and walk with the other foot and he does this repeatedly.

Running
Birdon runs fastly and better than his walk. He sometimes gets a bit off the floor, doing a littlw wing swing. He gets back quickly after, and continues running.

Crouch
Birdon simply becomes twice smaller, splattering himself with his elasticity, like Kirby does. However, his wings, which do not reduce in size, flap quickly.

Sleep Position
Birdon is on his back, the two wings wide opened. His mouth also is wide opened, oppositely to his eyes, which are shut closed. You can hear him snore a little bit, more Bird-yishly. ( Strane custom words FTW! )

Dizzy Position
Birdon lost all of his equilibrium, he's walking unvolontarily on each side, each time almost falling. His head his spinning and his seeable eye became a swirling vortex.

Crawling
As said before, his Crawl is strange. When crouched, if you press a direction, Birdon will, at each 2 seconds, do a big wing flap sending himself 1 or 2 Stage Blocks further. So, it's strange cause it's not a constant movements, it's a repetitive one.

---- Specials ----

Neutral B - Feather Gun
This is Birdon's only projectile, which is not made for KOs, cause you won't be able to do some with it. It's only done to flinch, or to put more damage, like for example Link's Arrow. Birdon stretches one of his wings, opened, in front of him. Three feathers are sent one after the other. One is sent horizontally, one at 45 degrees, and a third one vertically, in that order. The feathers go at Mario's run, and they do 4% damage and a flinch effect. This move can be spammed, but there'll be a 2 seconds waiting time between each three feathers.

If this move is used in air, it'll send a feather at 315 degrees ( or 45 on the other side, it goes to the ground diagonally ), one horizontally and one at 45 degrees, to the sky. In the opposite order than ground ones. The feathers will disappear when they'll be 6 Stage Blocks away from Birdon. Use with wiseness. If used while dashing, Birdon will instead start spinning like a tornado, like in his rising attack, and send three feathers horizontally. WHile sending the feathers, Birdon will also slide 2 Stage Blocks further. Being touched by sliding and spinning Birdon would result in you recieving 6% damage, with Low Knockback. The feathers have not any more knockback than the normal or aerial ones.
- 4% damage per feather and 6% damage for slide -

Side B - Star Tackle
A little blue aura starts to appear around Birdon's head ( Let's say it stops a little bit after his beak. ) Some tiny yellow stars also appear at the same place, and start spinning around him. Both appear at the same time, it takes 1 second. Then Birdon flaps his wings once, and closes them, he gets into a headbutt position. A bigger star appears right in front of him, and that does the damage. He ( Birdon ) goes 3 Stage Blocks far maximum, or he can stop if he touches anything while attacking. This attack does 13% damage with Medium Knockback.

If this move is used in air, Birdon will go diagonally. He goes forward with 315 degrees, he goes to the ground ( I hope you understand ). It does the exact same damage. If after this attack Birdon hasn't touched anything and he isn't over anything, he'll fall in Freefall mode, no jumps or recovery left. If he touches anything, he'll bounce 1 Stage Block high and back, and will also fall back in Freefall mode.
- 13% damage -

Up B - Feather Effect
When you press B, like the name says it, Birdon starts falling as a feather would do. He’ll fall 2 Stage Blocks to the left, 1 Stage Block closer to the bottom, this taking 1.5 seconds. Then he’ll do same, but 4 Stage Blocks to the right, to be at the exact opposite side, with 1 Stage Block closer to the bottom, this taking 2 seconds. He falls in, let’s say, circular ways. If you touch Birdon while he’s falling, you’ll receive 6% damage with Low Knockback. He can fall like that forever, till you press one button, B. There also is one other way to stop this, do any move, Special or Neutral, and you’ll fall in Normal Mode, still having some jumps.

So, as I was saying, if you press B again, Birdon will stop falling like he was currently doing, and will do a giant wing flap. This movement will send him 5 Stage Blocks further in the air, followed by wind sparkles. This part of the move can go anywhere, as when he stops you choose where you wanna go, like with Fire Fox, but with this move you have less time to do so. Being hit by the last flap would do 8% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. Then Birdon falls in freefall mode. This move can be used for two things : 1. To recover and 2. If somebody is charging a move to hit you cause you're falling down and you have no more jumps, use this move, you'll fall slowly and you'll dodge the attack. This move can result into a Birdcide when used by inexperienced players.
- 4% damage per feather and 6% damage for the slide -

Ground Down B - Wind Attraction / Expulsion
This move is quite strange, I must say. First, Birdon will puts his two wings in the air, and you can see wind starting to move from outside, to him. The wind will catch anybody at less than 3 Stage Blocks away from Birdon, may they be on the ground, in the air or holding a ledge. The wind will bring the enemies to Birdon, at the speed of Ganondorf's run. If the enemy is caught, he'll be unable to get out, besides if Birdon is hit. It'll make them closer of 2.5 Stage Blocks to Birdon, so this move is not a 100% sure catch. Birdon can also reuse this move if he doesn't catch the enemy immediately, but with a 1.5 seconds lag between each use of the move. Also, I forgot an important detail, when enemies are being brought to Birdon, they're in the same animation as when you enter a SSE Door while in the air, and they cannot move or attack.

But, if the enemy is caught, he'll stick to Birdon with the help of wind. The only way of fleeing would be by mashing the buttons rapidly, during 3-4 seconds. However, it only takes 1.5-2 seconds to Birdon, to completely finish the move. Birdon will then do a giant wing flap, sending the enemy ( ies ) away with wind, causing damage and knockback. The power of this move can be changed by players, if the move is used many times. So when you use the move once, it does normal effects, the second time, it's stronger, and the third one, is his best form. Use it again and it'll be the first one again.

• First Use - Birdon sends the enemy away with Low Knockback, with 7% damage. This isn't really powerful, but can well serve players. It also had to be at least a little bit useful, because players new to SSB wouldn't know about Wind Charge.

• Second Use - Birdon sends the enemies away with Mid-Low Knockback, this time with 10% damage. This form of the move isn't bad or good, it's mainly overall. It's worth the use, and the advantage is that players could charge once without even knowing it. Good move overall.

Third Use - Most powerful form of the move. In this form, the wind causes 15% damage to the enemy, with Medium Knockback. This form is quite good. Maybe isn't as strong as moves like Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, but it's definitively worth the past uses.

Yes, Birdon's Down Special is sort of a tiny special mechanic, but it's nothing complicated.
- 0% damage -

Aerial Down B - Wind Stomp

No, don't worry, this is not a third ( or fouth?! ) Ground Stomp, but it looks like it. Birdon closes his eyes and turns around, the tip of his head now facing the floor. Some white wind ribbons appear around him, spinning fastly. A wind cone appears under his head, ( because he's upside down ), and he gives himself a 0.5 Stage Block swing upwards, and dashes downward. He falls at Capt. Falcon's run speed. When he'll hit the ground, there'll be a 1.5 Stage Block wind explosion. But it doesn't do any damage, it does Knockback. The wind knockback won't change, even if the opponent is sticking to Birdon, he'll recieve Knockback, randomly chosen between Medium, and Mid-High.

The entire move usually lasts 2, maybe 3 seconds, but it could be longer if Birdon is really high in the air. This move can cause Birdcide ( Birdon suicide ). Yes, it's like a 75% chance KO move on characters with more than 150 damage. No it's not broken, cause it doesn't afflict any damage to the enemies. This can also be really powerful when used into a 3 people crowd, :). Use perfectly, and you'll get perfect results. Overview, 0% damage, quite good Knockback.
- 0% damage -

---- Normal Attacks ----

Neutral A - Beak Attack
Birdon attacks his enemy with the tip of his beak, doing 3% damage. For his second hit ,he does the exact same move doing 3% more damage but after that, he opens his mouth wide. He bites the enemy with might, doing 4% damage with No Knockback, but a flinch effect. It does 10% damage total. There's a 0.5 second lag between the tip of the beak hits and the bite. Also, this move is spammable, but there's always a 1 second lag between each combo if you spam it. It's good when used only sometimes, but Birdon can be easily knocked off if his enemy has a partner near.
- 10% damage -

Dash Attack - Wind Glide
When using the Dash Attack, Birdon leaves the ground, and hovers at 1/3 of a Stage Block. He glides fastly, at the speed of Mario's Run. He glides for 2 seconds, after which he falls, but can still use his jumps. When you're touched by this move, you receive 7% damage with Very Low Knockback. Do not use this move when you're on the edge of the stage, you would almost kill yourself. At least, there's not any lag in this move. What's fun is that you cannot be disturbed by ground traps, like the Pitfall or the Banana Peel. An useful move, when used at the right time, on the right enemy.
- 7% damage -

Under 100% Ledge Attack - Tornado Wings
Birdon stops hanging on the ledge, and starts spinning like a tornado, his wings out. While spinning, he gets back on the stage hovering, this takes 2 seconds. Considerating he's not holding the ledge anymore and he bypasses it, most of his range is on the outer stage. He hits 1.5 Stage Block far out of the stage, and 1 Stage Block far In-Stage. He is not taller, but wider. His sides are wider of 1/2 of a Stage Block. This attack does 8% damage, with Mid-Low Knockback. This attack is better to knock back enemies who want to get in-stage. When trying to get back on stage, and there's somebody waiting for you, the best choice is to drop the ledge, and get back flying.
- 8% damage -

Over 100% Ledge Attack - Wind Boomerang
Don't worry, I know this move looks a lot like the one above. Birdon drops the ledge and gets surrounded by wind. He is now a little ball of wind, gaining the length of 1/2 a Stage Block all around him. He quickly bypasses the ledge, and go crash on the stage. It now takes 1.5 seconds to do this part of the move. Beside crashing on the head and being hurt, Birdon lands on his feet and sends a sharp wind gust at the exact same place he was before. If you're caught in the gust, you're brought to under the ledge, and then you receive the following damage. When in the air ball, Birdon can cause you 9% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. The wind gust does 4% damage with Low Knockback. While sending the gust, which takes 1 second to send, Birdon has super armor. ( He can recieve damage, but will not move )
- 9% and 4% damage -

Rising Attack on Chest – Wing Slammer
Birdon closes his eyes to concentrate, and to use all of his might. He lifts his wings in the air, and slams them on both sides of his body. ( This doesn't change anything, since his body is facing one side, his wings going to the screen ) The wings go 1 Stage Block high into the air. To be touched by this slam, the opponent must be touching Birdon, or his wings. This move does 10% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. The special thing in this move is that when slamming his wings to the ground, Birdon is sent 1 Stage Block high into the air, able to use jumps and recovery. If somebody is touched by Birdon when he's sent into the air, he won't receive any damage at all, not even Knockback or a flinch effect.
- 10% damage -

Rising Attack on Back - Kicking The Wing Swipe
Birdon kicks twice forward, using his sort of orange feet, but they look like shoes, if they're not, hitting enemies in front of him. Then he gets back on his feet, turns on the other side and hits the opponent three times with his wings. One of these atatcks wiill attack the opponent. The only way of both attacking the enemy would be if when attacked by Birdon's feet, he is knocked on a wall and brought back behind Birdon, then he would get wing slapped. Each kick does 4% damage, for a total of 8% damage. The slapping wings do 3% damage each, for a total of 9% damage. They both have Low Knockback. It takes one second for Birdon to kick the opponent, 1 second to get back on his feet and turn back, and 1 other second to wing slap. Between the orange shoe kick and the wing slap, he doesn't have Super Armor.
- 8% and 9% damage -

---- Aerials ----

Neutral Aerial - Common Tornado
The move you all expected, a tornado attack! Birdon starts spinning like a tornado but he doesn't gain anymore width or height. Just how he normally is. So, to be touched by this move, you must be touching Birdon or he must come to you while you're in the air with him. This move has 5 hits, each doing 2% damage, for a total of 10% damage. Each hit has only a flinch effect, no knockback beside the last one, which has Low Knockback. The hitbox isn't concentrated somewhere on the body, it really hits everywhere. Not the best move, but can still serve. Use with wiseness. Also, the move lasts 1.5 seconds total, so you must not use it, when almost offscreen, at the bottom. ( Or you'd kill yourself, Birdcide ) Finally, this move count for a jump, as Birdon has many of these. Remember before using this move, it has poor range.
- 10% damage -

Forward Aerial - The X Wing
The name says it all. Birdon crosses his two wings, doing a X. He closes his eyes and then his wings start shaking so Birdon releases his might by doing a quick cross hit with his wing. This move also uses 1 Jump. The entire move lasts 2 seconds. Being touched by Birdon or his wings, would result in you receiving 13% damage, with Low Knockback. This will hit right over and under Birdon, as the wings don't stop hitting directly in front of him, and they also hit forward. The attack isn't divided in two different hits, it's one poewrful hit. This can end an air battle, as it has some Knockback. Another visual effect is that when Birdon hits, some feathers are dropped, but they don't serve anything. I know this could have been used as a FSmash, but I had a better idea.
- 13% damage -

Back Aerial - Step On.... You
Birdon retracts his "legs", giving himself a swing. He does a double stomp kick behind him, his belly now facing the camera. The move's duration is 1.5 seconds. This Step-On attack inflicts 12% damage to all enemies touched by this move, with Medium Knockback. This has low range, has he uses his "legs" and feet, which are short. This has a 1 second start lag. It uses all jumps, but Birdon doesn't fall in Freefall mode, he just doesn't have any jumps left, he can use his recovery. The special effect of this move is that if you use it on a wall, Birdon will be sent 5 Stage Block away, in the opposite direction to the wall. ( It's his feet that must hit the wall, not his head. ) This is very useful to push enemies away, or maybe even to KO them with ease.
- 12% damage -

Up Aerial - Touch the Sky
Using both of his wings, Birdon hits upwards, to the sky, with the green tip of those said wings. When doing this, he's back to the camera. His feather go at two third of his height high, and they're as wide as a Smoke Ball, each. being touched by this attack would inflict you 9% damage, with Low Knockback. This attack doesn't use any of your jumps, but as all moves, it's not completed in 0.01 seconds, so while he does this aerial, he falls a little bit closer to the bottom, as with all aerials. This move is kinda weak, but it's easily spammable when in good hands. Anyways, maybe Birdon's aerials aren't so powerful, but his perfect aerial game can go balance this. The entire move lasts 1.5 seconds.
- 9% damage -

Down Aerial - Feather Crusher
Birdon swings his two wings upwards, and then slaps them together, hitting anybody under him. When the wings are sent upwards for a swing, they deal no damage. But the double slap does. 10% damage, with Medium Knockback. It's great to counter enemies that are coming from under, slap them back with might! It almost has range as big as Birdon himself, but under. It uses 2 jumps, and there's a 1 second start and end lag. The damage is okay, but the Knockback balances this, as it can easily kill somebody with 75% damage or plus. As you can currently see, almost all of Birdon's Aerials are using his wings. This is a good explanation of how he wouldn't continue to fly while attacking. Back to the move, it doesn't have a major Knockback upgrade when the enemy is hit directly by the center of the attack, the point where the two wings hit, but it's still a bit more knocking back. ( Stronger Knockback ) Sorry for the complicated explanation.
- 10% damage -

---- Tilts ----

Forward Tilt - Smasher & Driller
Birdon gets his head back, and then pecks powerfully forward, hitting anybody at two Smoke Balls close, or closer than that, also. This inflicts 15% damage to the enemy ( ies ) , with Mid-High Knockback. It has a 1.5 second start lag. This is a knock away tilt, that can be very useful when followed by somebody. One little peck and BOOM!, he's almost off-stage. This also has a 1.5 end lag, so you cannot spam it too much. It is a little bit broken and strong at the same time, making it a great move. The only way it can hit, is if anybody is touched by the beak, anywhen during the move, even if he's not attacking, yes, even when he gets his head back. I said it was a bit broken freely but listen to that part. If Birdon pecks in a wall, he's stuck there for 4 seconds, or 2 seconds if you mash all buttons with high speed and might. Now it's balanced.
- 15% damage -

Up Tilt - Head Bonk
This one's quite simple. Birdon, after giving himself a swing, hops into the air going straight up, head first. He'll hurt anybody he touches while jumping, not while falling. If he hits anybody in his Head Bonk, he’ll inflict 11% damage with Low Knockback to him. It doesn’t have any lag, may it be at the start, or at the end. This is easily spammable, as it’s not too powerful, and will rarely KO anybody at all. This can only serve to get rid of really annoying people, may they be running over you, jumping over you or flying over you. So this can be useful, in some sort of situations, kind of…
- 11% damage -

Down Tilt - Wind Charge
Birdon concentrates himself for 1 second, ( the start lag ) an then opens eyes, mouth and wings, causing some wind to come to him like magically. This doesn't do any damage or knockback, as it's a passive, or power-up move. To be sure it's active, look out for wind stripes spinning around Birdon or for a little grey ball in the lower right corner of his picture, at the bottom of the screen. Now, what does it do? This may have two effects depending on how you use it. First, if anybody touches Wind Birdon, he'll recieve Low Knockback upper diaagonally. If it's somebody touching Birdon, he'll only recieve that but if it's Birdon doing a physical move on him, the Low Knockback is added! This move serves to do more KOs, as most of Birdon's moves are not done for this. This is only a power-up move.
- 0% damage -

---- Smashes ----

Forward Smash - Dizzy Scream
When charging, Birdon steps back once and closes his eyes. When releasing, he does a step back forward and screams in a bird way, with all of his might. This results in blue shock waves getting out of his mouth. The shock waves first look like blue tiny circles and then get bigger till they reach two Stage Blocks in front of Birdon. There are 3 shock waves but they act as one. Being hit by these would make you dizzy. In this move, the dizzy state is uses to describe reversed controls with some attack buttons mixed. There are two ways to know if you're dizzy: check if your controls are normal OR check if there are little stars spinning over your head. An enemy is dizzy during 6 seconds, recieving 2% damage at each of these. This builds up damage a bit and can even result into a suicide or into a weak spot into the enemy's defense. This can also hit many enemies at a time.
- 12% damage -

Up Smash - Dropping Feathers
This is one of the many multiple hits attacks of Birdon. When charging, Birdon concentrates by squeezing himself. When releasing, he starts shaking and doing all kinds of movements. Dozens and dozens of feathers are dropped from his body and sent over his head. There are 18 feathers, each doing 1% damage. However, this has no Knockback. But, when somebody is touched by Droppign Feathers, some feathers will stick to him, slowing him down to half of his speed when moving, and making his jumps twice smaller. They are covered by the feathers for 3 seconds. This can be a very helpful move in team. For example with Ganondorf/ Capt. Falcon, you can use this to slow down your enemy, and then Ganondorf / Capt. Falcon uses his Warlock Punch/ Falcon Punch to finish the opponent off. This is more a status maker and a damage builder.
- 18% damage -

Down Smash - Star Release
While charging, you see Birdon closing up his wings, and some tiny energy stars coming to him fastly. When releasing, he opens his wings quickly and a star shock wave is released around him. This only does 10% damage, but stars are known to be found high in the sky so, super knockback. This move has High Knockback, as it doesn't have good strength. ( I always had difficulties with this word, it is well written? ) The star shockwave is electric blue, like the Dizzy Scream attack, but this time there's only one shock wave, and it goes as far as 1 Stage Block all around Birdon. Being the only of Birdon's smashes like that, this move has no special effect.
- 10% damage -

---- Grabs ----

Grab / Pummel - The Bird's Beak
To grab his opponent, Birdon does one step forward, trying to bite somebody. This has a very short range, about the grab range of Kirby. So he now holds the enemy with his beak, ready to throw or pummel him/her. When pummeling, Birdon will open his mouth and rebite the enemy, each time he pummels, doing 3% damage on each hit.
- 3% damage per hit -

Forward Throw - Birdon Woodpecker
Birdon drops the enemy and then does a super rapid multi beak tip attack. He does 13 hits total, each one doing 1% damage. However, the last one does 2% damage and sends the enemy away, most of the time off stage, horizontally with Medium Knockback. This is the longest throw of the game, but it's worth the long wait. The greatest effect it can have is that when the enemy is sent away he hits a coming back on stage opponent, sending both of them in the K.O. area. So this has a 14% total damage.
- 14% damage -

Back Throw - Ready to be Kicked
Like you'll see later in the Up Throw, Birdon swings his head upwards swinging the enemy backwards. He does it so much hits the floor behind Birdon but then he drops him, making him bounce 1 Stage Block high. Just when he's gonna fall back on the floor, Birdon jumps in the air and does a spinning backwards kick, sending the enemy away diagonally with 13% damage and Medium Knockback. This also is a long throw, again worth the wait. It'll most of the time be one of Birdon's most used moves as it's an easy K.O. move, with his Medium Knockback.
- 13% damage -

Up Throw - Backflip Kick
Birdon swings his head and drops the enemy just when he's over Birdon's head, making him start to fall on Birdon. Birdon then hops and does a backflip, his right foot out of the turning ball. The feet hits the enemy with 11% damage sending him upwards with Mid-Low Knockback. Birdon doesn't have super armor, while swinging and dropping the enemy, so while he drops the enemy, somebody could smash him away and the enemy would fall on the floor, like if he would've tripped. This has the same uses as below, the down throw. It's commonly used to prepare an aerial fight.
- 11% damage -

Down Throw - Smashing on the Floor
Birdon will swing his head upwards, swinging with the enemy. He'll then swing it backwards, smashing the opponent to the ground, doing 4% damage. He then does it two more times, the last time sending the enemy upwards with Medium Knockback. This will sometimes KO, but rarely, cause when the enemy hits the ground it slows down the Knockback a little. It's one of the best out of the four throws. This also is good to send your enemy in the air, ready to be attacked by Birdon's impressive aerial game.
- 12% damage -

---- Final Smash ----

Final Smash - Final Tornado
When Birdon grabs the Smash Ball and he presses the Special button, you first see him jumping high in the air, and then spinning on himself super fast, with his two wings out horizontally. Wind starts to create around him, finally getting into a tornado, let's say as wide as Pikachu's Volt Tackle but 1 Stage Block higher than it. You can move the tornado anywhere in the air liek Pikachu's Volt Tackle, but it's even easier. However, the tornado cannot travel into the ground, it'll slide on it or even block if it's a narrow tunnel. It can be easily avoidable, but one you're into it, you're screwed. Now let's get to the properties shall we?

First it lasts 15 seconds so that gives you plenty of time to catch your opponents. When an opponent is caught into the tornado, he'll spin into it, recieving 5% damage per second. Each time you catch an item, projectile or stage hazard in your tornado it does 0.5% more damage per second so don't try to destroy it. At the end of the 15 seconds, Birdon wants it stop fast. He, facing the screen, stretches his wings and feet, stopping the tornado, but sending the enemies away in any direction with 20% damage and very high Knockback. Birdon then reverts back to normal and falls back to the ground.
- Undefinite damage + 20% damage -

---- Playstyle ----

Birdon is a tricky character, but his fighting skills are let's say, overall. Most of his tricky moves are his wind attacks, which do less damage but more Knockback, and his two first Smash attacks, which have special effects. Use them to your advantage to try and win the battle!

He doesn't have a lot of KOing moves, but has quite a lot of them building up damage or, putting the opponent in weak situations, so he can be easily knocked off by you, or a teammate if he has one. His normal attacks are original I think, but their effects are quite generic, as they should be. The tilts have some little special effects to help you win the battle.

The forward smash is really useful, as it can easily make an enemy suicide, or even make him stop moving cause he doesn't want to make it worst, and that is hell of a weak spot. The Up Smash has kind of the same use, but it can also keep him away from others and items.

The specials are sometimes tricky, sometimes not. His Neutral B is only a projectile with no Knockback, only useful to build up damage. The side one is one of his KOing moves, as it has good Knockback. His recovery is really strange but can prove quite useful. His to Down Bs are only made to send your opponents away, as they're based around Knockback.

His Final Smash is sort of a highly modified Volt Tackle, but based around the same uses. It can sometimes be hard to catch people on levels like Temple, but it's a lot easier on Final Destination. As soon as the enemy is acught in the tornado, it almost is an Instant Kill as it does a lot of Knockback with a lot of damage.

This was my little move summary, and that's how I do my Playstyle section!

---- Extras ----
Taunts
Up Taunt - Birdon gets on the tips of his feet and spins fastly, tiny starts turning around him. His wings are stretched up.

Side Taunt - Birdon gives himself a swing and does a big wing flap. He does a little backflip to taunt his opponents.

Down Taunt - Birdon, facing the screen, fastly flaps his wings twice and then does a normal bird cry.

Victory and Lose Poses
Victory Pose 1 - Birdon does sort of a dance, similarly to Kirby. However, it's not the same dance. He does the one he used in Kirby : Super Star ULTRA when you finish a level with him as a helper.

Victory Pose 2 - Birdon happy, does a smile. A star then hits him and he turns into a green, white and red feather, like into the Kirby : Super Star series, when he's turned back to item form.

Victory Pose 3 - Birdon is seen in the background, gliding. He then faces the screen and starts coming to it, to avoid the screen, he crashes on the ground. We then see him, sitting on the ground, dizzy.

Entrance
Late, compared to the others, Birdon arrives from the sky, gliding, and crashes on the stage. He gets back on his feet, a little dizzy, and the fight starts.

Wiimote Sound
You can hear first hear the sound of wind passing, and then you hear a bird sound, made by Birdon's voice.

Kirby Hat - Wing Kirby

I don't need to explain the hat, as you see it in the picture. Kirby gets the Feather Gun move from Birdon, also seen in the picture. His feathers have their own colors but, they have the same effects. Kirby also has the ability to glide when he has Birdon hat.

Emblem
As all of the Kirby Series characters, Birdon also gets a Warp Star as his emblem.

Music

Victory Music - Kirby 64 Music - Above the Clouds

Classic End Music - Kirby : Super Star ULTRA - Blown Off Course

Alternate Colors
Red Birdon ( Red Team )
Old Birdon ( Extra Color 1 )
Green Birdon ( Green Team )
Dark Birdon ( Extra Color 2 )
Blue Birdon ( Blue Team )
Pink Birdon ( Default )

Assist Trophy - Laser Ball

When somebody activates Laser Ball's AT, he starts going high in the sky, to see where the players are. Then he'll start going after players, one after the other, floating like he does in the games. Sometimes he'll shoot three tiny energy beams forward, doing 3% damage each with no Knockback but a flinch effect. Sometimes, he'll have a 2 second start lag time and then he'll launch a big energy beam forward doing 10% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. It's not that much powerful but, it stays 21 seconds. After these he'll explode in a little orange, laser explosion as large as Kirby. The explosion does 15% damage with Mid-High Knockback.

Boss Battle - Kabula

Birdon's boss is Kabula, which you can see in the picture above. The Kabula battle is quite strange as it's done in air. ( I'll explain more in detail in my Story Mode, and no you don't have every character in this battle. ) Kabula takes 1/4 of the screen, always staying at the right of it, shooting on you, who have the left side, or you could also go under but.... here are Kabula's moves!

Moves at 100% HP

Cannonball - 15% damage
Kabula gets ready and shoots a cannonball forward, it moving at the speed of Sonic's run. If it touches you, you recieve 15% damage but there is no Knockback, as it's a special air battle. Instead, it pushes you back by 2 Stage Blocks, which can almost result in your death if you stay at the deepest of the screen. The cannonball will fall down when shot.

Charge! - 20% damage
Kabula rolls twice on himself, and then slightly gets back, giving himself a swing. He then charges forward, hitting anybody on half of the screen. But, he does a lot of signs, preventing you from being hit, if you have eyes. If this hits you you recieve 20% damage and you are sent flying at the right side of the screen.

Moves added at 75% HP

Homing Missile - 20% damage
Kabule's cannon starts heating up and then shoots a missile, that looks like a Bullet Bill. The missile is slow, but will choose somebody and follow him during 5 seconds. If it doesn't touch you it does a mini explosion as big as itself. If it touches you, you recieve 20% damage and is sent 2.5 Stage Blocks to the left if it gets you by the left, the right if it gets you by the right,.. ...

Triple Cannonball - 15% damage each
This move basically is the exact same thing as the "Cannonball" move but this time, Kabula shoots three at you, which will, most of the time, get you the three times if you're to be hit. They do the same amount of damage, but only send 1 Stage Block away each. The three cannonballs aren't really distanced one from the other. Like the normal ones, they can be shot down.

Moves added at 50% HP

Gordo Cannon - 30% damage
Kabula shoots it like a normal cannonball. The Gordo however is two times faster, and does twice the damage, plus it pushing you 3 Stage Blocks away. The only positive point in this move compared to "Cannonball", is that it's easier to see it coming. If you didn't understand before or you have no skills in math, it does 30% damage.

Croucar Invasion - 5% damage each
Kabula shoots 6 Croucars. Each Croucar will follow you like a Homing Missile but they are twice faster and twice smaller. They only do 5% damage each with no "Knockback". So they'll often touch you and cause you 20-30 damage but, they won't send you offscreen.

Moves added at 25% HP

Flame Thrower - 40% damage
Kabula faces the top left corner with her cannon and burning flames ( :p ) come out of it. The flames do 40% damage with a most likely offscreen "Knockback". She goes down with it covering any part she faces till she stops, right before the lower right corner, so you must really flee to the end when she uses that move. Sometimes she do the opposite, she faces the lower right corner and goes right before the upper left one.

--- The End of the Moveset ---

My Knockback ladder ( from weakest to strongest ):

No Knockback
Minimum Knockback
Very Low Knockback
Low Knockback
Mid-Low KNockback
Medium Knockback
Mid-High Knockback
High Knockback
Very High Knockback
Maximum Knockback
One-Hit KO

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Birdon: Hmm, very nice. While some of the moves were a bit un-creative, you did have some very unique moves like FSmash and Down B. Well, it isn't quite as good as Pokey in my opinion, but it's still pretty good.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Birdon was a cool move set. I liked how he had a mini special mechanic with aerial moves taking away from his midair jumps. It gave his aerial game more strategy than just "spam one move and wall-of-pain". I also liked how he had a unique aerial down special.

I disagree with Wizzerd and say that the Ftilt is nearly useless, considering it has as much startup lag as a Warlock Punch!

13th Hour's version of Kaboola is more epic than Birdon's.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I disagree with Wizzerd and say that the Ftilt is nearly useless, considering it has as much startup lag as a Warlock Punch![/SPOILER]
Oh ****, I only noticed the ending lag. Being tired does that to a person. Although a one-hit KO is a bit much, I guess it's balanced.

It gave his aerial game more strategy than just "spam one move and wall-of-pain".
*looks at Medli*

:(

Although Medli was probably my weakest entry so far.

Gareth Lionheart

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I am the younger brother of one of your MYM'ers... you may know him. I am interested in joining your ranks, though I lack experience. My favorite series include Kirby and Phoenix Wright, so it is possible that I may make sets from those universes. By the looks of it, there is certainly some great competition... like that Birdon set, for example.

By the way, it is my birthday.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Moar moveset comments!! :bee:

@Hyatt: Hail Ilpalazzo! Heh, I couldn’t help but look forward to this set, & it didn’t disappoint. It was pretty easy to understand her playstyle, and her attacks were relatively simple, but absolutely hilarious with the blood and the randomly passing out stuff. Hyatt is such an awesome character. I think I’m gonna have to watch excel saga now… *adds to huge list of anime to watch* O_o

And now… Sonic sets!

@Dark Gaia: HE’S TOO BIG!! Seriously, I’m amazed at how you managed to take a freaking huge final boss and turn him into a work-able and flat out awesome brawl character H_R! His defensive playstyle and high damaging moves and projectiles were very fitting for a character as slow as him. I’ve never played sonic unleashed, I’ve only seen clips of it, so I can’t really comment on his fittingness to character. Anyway, he has some VERY cool attacks, what I’ve come expect from you xd. There were a few unoriginal attacks, mostly the throws, but you certainly made up for that with the addition of smash throws and even a special throw. But Chip, unfortunately, is absolute fail as a character. Overall, this was a great set from you HR, probably one of the best so far.

@Chaos 0: this is a pretty interesting set DFM. I’ve played Sonic adventure, so I’m familiar with quite a few of Chaos’ moves. His water content mechanic and his crawl being quicker than his dash were very fitting to character and perfectly implemented, and aren’t too complicated to keep track of during battle. Many of his attacks were taken straight from the games, and they’re awesome to boot. His multiple crawl attacks are also quite good, making his terrific crawl even better. However, there were a few moves that were unclear to me. For the up aerial (which is further hindered by the low quality pic), exactly which way does the axe at the top of the water tubes swing around? Does it rotate horizontally or vertically, or does it just swing around randomly? Also, the up throw… isn’t really a throw. I personally think that that would be better implemented as a special. It just kind of seems like an awkward choice for a throw to me. Perfect Chaos is nostalgic win, and has flat-out epic moves. And… HE CAN WAVEDASH PJC??!! ZOMG HAXZORZ!! So I really liked this set, even though I still like Undead Hero better.
The Panda is quite clear
Great job DFM!!

@Robotnik: KoJ!!!! :’o
It’s great to see KoJ’s spirit alive in this set. Then again, you did remake his robotnik set in MYM 3 as well… *checks MYM3*. I see that a good amount of Robotnik’s moves are in fact the same ones from the previous set, albeit more detailed. This is certainly the reason why KoJ’s influence remains present in it, but it results in this set seeming more like an early MYM4 set than anything else. Now to actually comment on the moves! Most of his attacks are pretty direct in their usage, but they look really fun nonetheless. The abundance of pics make all his moves extremely easy to understand. He’s a surprisingly fast heavyweight who’s more reliant on damage racking and projectiles than super powerful attacks. This is a awesome set from you spade, & it really shows how much you’ve improved since MYM3. :D

O_o ANOTHER set?? gah! I have to read that now too. xd

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Robotnik: KoJ!!!! :’o
It’s great to see KoJ’s spirit alive in this set. Then again, you did remake his robotnik set in MYM 3 as well… *checks MYM3*. I see that a good amount of Robotnik’s moves are in fact the same ones from the previous set, albeit more detailed. This is certainly the reason why KoJ’s influence remains present in it, but it results in this set seeming more like an early MYM4 set than anything else. Now to actually comment on the moves! Most of his attacks are pretty direct in their usage, but they look really fun nonetheless. The abundance of pics make all his moves extremely easy to understand. He’s a surprisingly fast heavyweight who’s more reliant on damage racking and projectiles than super powerful attacks. This is a awesome set from you spade, & it really shows how much you’ve improved since MYM3. :D
Wait, what? Are you saying Eggman has the quality of a MYM4 set, and think I haven't improved from MYM3 to MYM4 ...?

I see... :urg:

Hello everyone. I am the younger brother of one of your MYM'ers... you may know him. I am interested in joining your ranks, though I lack experience. My favorite series include Kirby and Phoenix Wright, so it is possible that I may make sets from those universes. By the looks of it, there is certainly some great competition... like that Birdon set, for example.

By the way, it is my birthday.
Welcome. Chris already told us about you being interested in MYM, and since he stepped it up in this contest, you probably should be able to get information from him.
Be sure to check the Abyss for all the information you need, and good luck.

Happy birthday.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Wait, what? Are you saying Eggman has the quality of a MYM4 set, and think I haven't improved from MYM3 to MYM4 ...?

I see... :urg:
Wait...what? I didn't say that. Guntz and all of ur MYM 4 sets were major improvements from ur MYM3 days, all of them basically increasing in quality as you made them. just because I didn't specifically mention MYM4 doesn't mean I don't think you've improved. And ur robotnik set is a greatly overhauled version of ur robotnik set from MYM3, so thats why I mentioned MYM 3 in particular. I certainly didn't mean anything bad from my comments, despite how you seem to have interpreted them. :ohwell:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I guess I misunderstood you, then. <_<

It just sounded like Eggman was of less quality than other sets. :|

Anyway, to crush the hostility - Good news, everyone!

Rail is coming along very nicely, so he will probably be posted during the next few days. However, I've also decided on a new moveset which I will be doing even before Vic Viper. Whom? That I won't tell. I will, however, give a few hints:
- The character's from a series that has seen entries in every Make Your Move so far, most prominently MYM5.
- Two MYM regulars are using avatars of said series.
- Hyper_Ridley made a character out of the game the character is from in MYM3.
- The character will have the ability to morph into other forms.

This is all I will give you, and in my mind, it already starts to put itself together greatly... I think this moveset will be one of my strongest contenders!

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Oh! Oh! I think I know! It's- *dragged off stage* Seriously, I think I know, but I'm not spoiling it if you're not tellin'. Just so nobody calls me a liar (I'm sensitive about that) he's/she's from a game that has 15 letters in it's title.

On Birdon: I like what you've done with the character, especially with what little there was to work with. I feel guilty, what with all the creative movesets people are churning out based on characters with limited moveset potential while I'm using easy characters.

In particular, I like the Down B Ground move, and how it changes after each use. One thing I have to point out is that many of Birdoon's moves do a lot of damage, and I think he's overpowered because of that. (really, a tilt usually does about 4-9% damage, depending on spamability, yet you have one that does 15%, then there the one smash with up to 18% which qualifies me to ask you to stop scaring the children.) Other then the damages that need reworking, this is a solid set.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I guess I misunderstood you, then. <_<

It just sounded like Eggman was of less quality than other sets. :|

Anyway, to crush the hostility - Good news, everyone!

Rail is coming along very nicely, so he will probably be posted during the next few days. However, I've also decided on a new moveset which I will be doing even before Vic Viper. Whom? That I won't tell. I will, however, give a few hints:
- The character's from a series that has seen entries in every Make Your Move so far, most prominently MYM5.
- Two MYM regulars are using avatars of said series.
- Hyper_Ridley made a character out of the game the character is from in MYM3.
- The character will have the ability to morph into other forms.

This is all I will give you, and in my mind, it already starts to put itself together greatly... I think this moveset will be one of my strongest contenders!
Megaman is the series, I think...
Okay, don't expect the Shadow Sirens for maybe a week. I'm almost done with Beldam, but I still need to make Marilyn and Vivian.

And welcome to Make Your Move, Gareth Lionheart.
Do I have enough credibility to say that? I've only been around for this contest...

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for comments everybody! Wizzerd, I know what you mean with the un-creativity. At first, I just did this moveset so I had a Kirby moveset cause I LOVE the series. I took 1 random Kirby character, that had not to be un-done by Kibble so far. Then I got seriously interested in him, as Wing was my favourite ability. Back then, I had only played Kirby Super Star like, 4-6 times. During the moveset creation, I bought Kirby Super STar ULTRA who helped me with the moves. My two next movesets, Kingler ( and Remoraid and Sharpedo in the joint moveset ) and Worm Soldier, will be quite better in creativity, as I know them since long.

BTW, it has as much lag as Warlock Punch, but isn't as strong....

And USerShadow, go open Brawl and look at the damage of Mario's Smashes.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Oh, don't worry. I thought Birdon was very original. It's just that a few attacks were just un-creative kicks and stuff. Birdon is still awesome.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I liked Rail a lot. Though I think I personally liked Eggman more, I know that Rail was the better set (series bias is a *****). I personally liked the forward tilt a lot, and the spirit mechanic was pretty awesome. Good job, Spade.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Rail was great!

The Spirit Mechanic was a nice twist on Pimin-style mechanics, if only due to the Lizard. It reminded me of Bass and Treble. Yay for attacking from anywhere on the stage!

The actual moves were all pretty cool. There weren't really any truly generic ones, and the more blandish ones had nifty effects to make them not bland, such as FTilt and its different effects depending on what whay you aimed the knife. DSmash was awesome how you actually took advantage of the Armadillo being a ball to make it have a bonus with the move. Uair was another simple but clever move that I greatly enjoyed.

I do have 2 balance nitpicls. First, I don't see how UTilt is a good comboing move when it has above average end lag, unless it deals tremendous hitstun. Second, Fair seems a little rediculous. It's a far reaching disjointed hitbox that deals nice damage and has low lag and Rail isn't even vulnerable while the attack is going on. Something has to give, man!
Edit: Spade adressed this stuff. Ignore my nitpicks.

But don't let that get you down. Everything else was a fun read, and this was definitley another quality move set from one of my favorite MYMers. ^_^

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Brimming with creativity and yet still keeping balance, Rail is definitely Spade's strongest set yet and one of the best sets in the contest.

The Spirit Mechanic was so simple and yet very well implemented. My only issue is that Freedom style just seems to be the best by far, due to the versatility created by its distance spirit attack usages in the hands of a good player.

Among my favorite moves in the set were the Dash Attack, the Up Tilt, the smashes, and the Final Smash. The Up Tilt in particular was very creative and well-implemented. I find it funny that this is the first tornado (atleast that I've seen) in a moveset that actually acts like a tornado.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
. . .

Do you have specific permission from the developer of that game / the studio to use the character, Spadefox?

I think if the guy had the resources for a vigilant legal team, he might be upset to see the intellectual property distributed without his permission.
Yes, you haven't done anything to profit by it, but it's a matter of the author controlling how the public gets to view the work, and how the distinction is drawn in their minds between uses the company "canonizes" and uses which are non-official - and, in this case, what their impression is before publication, which any large corporation is *particularly* uppity about, at least in North America.

In short, I'm concerned.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Have you ever heard a word from ZUN, the creator of the Touhou series, to be upset about fanart, fanfiction, remix music even distributed on buyable CDs? No? Me neither.
Have you ever heard a word from actual publishers of mangas or their authors to be upset about Doujinshi comics, even distributed as buyable (in Japan that is)? No? Me neither.

And you know why? Because in Japan, the copyright is handled differently. If you make a fanwork for something that has been created in Japan, the creators are normally happy and proud to have inspired someone.

Unlike in the West, where the Copyright is a whole business.

But thanks for your comments on the moveset, I really appreciate it, PK-Ow.

If you're concerned about me using a game character, then why are you doing a game character, as well, PK-Ow? Aren't Will and Freedan intellectual property of Square-enix, not yours? I do think so.

You're actually right, though.

I announce the following: I am withdrawing all of my movesets from the contest, due to legal issues.

I ALSO WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE ELSE WHOSE MOVESET DOES NOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- The character must be an original creation.
- The character's picture must be drawn by the moveset creator themselves, or the creator of another picture MUST give their permission to use it.
- The moves MAY NOT be copied or highly resemble any move from any character in any game in existance.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever heard a word from ZUN, the creator of the Touhou series, to be upset about fanart, fanfiction, remix music even distributed on buyable CDs? No? Me neither.
Have you ever heard a word from actual publishers of mangas or their authors to be upset about Doujinshi comics, even distributed as buyable (in Japan that is)? No? Me neither.

And you know why? Because in Japan, the copyright is handled differently. If you make a fanwork for something that has been created in Japan, the creators are normally happy and proud to have inspired someone.

Unlike in the West, where the Copyright is a whole business.

But thanks for your comments on the moveset, I really appreciate it, PK-Ow.

If you're concerned about me using a game character, then why are you doing a game character, as well, PK-Ow? Aren't Will and Freedan intellectual property of Square-enix, not yours? I do think so.

You're actually right, though.

I announce the following: I am withdrawing all of my movesets from the contest, due to legal issues.

I ALSO WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE ELSE WHOSE MOVESET DOES NOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- The character must be an original creation.
- The character's picture must be drawn by the moveset creator themselves, or the creator of another picture MUST give their permission to use it.
- The moves MAY NOT be copied or highly resemble any move from any character in any game in existance.
Wouldn't the whole internet be censored by information because everywhere technically has copyrighted material? Looks like all the fan-made sites and forums are going to get shot down.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well ****. I think PK-ow won this contest.

He's got an original Character called Freedan that can surely beat all the other O.C's. What ever should we do.

Gee It's just too bad in Japan when some one makes a fanwork, it totally means you made it in the industy. Ohh woe I can't do Valkyrie becuase of Harmony Gold. So did you get permission to use that Blackmage avatar?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
And USerShadow, go open Brawl and look at the damage of Mario's Smashes.
I concede the point (It's been months since I last looked), but I stand by the tilt being a bit too strong (Mario's tilts did around 5-7 damage).

Also, Rail is (Was?) awesome. Besides that, I doubt some guy is gonna sue someone over a moveset of their character. Period. Or even notice it. Spadefox, please tell me you'll repost it- *looks at linkspace* them.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
. . .

Do you have specific permission from the developer of that game / the studio to use the character, Spadefox?

I think if the guy had the resources for a vigilant legal team, he might be upset to see the intellectual property distributed without his permission.
Yes, you haven't done anything to profit by it, but it's a matter of the author controlling how the public gets to view the work, and how the distinction is drawn in their minds between uses the company "canonizes" and uses which are non-official - and, in this case, what their impression is before publication, which any large corporation is *particularly* uppity about, at least in North America.

In short, I'm concerned.
BWAHAHAHAHA. This is the best comment... ever. Do you think any of us care if a game company sees our sets? We have been doing this for 5 contests... well over a year and haven't had any problems... why? Because game companies love to have their characters honored and appreciated. I hardly think a moveset would be grounds for a lawsuit anyway as it does not harm business by obstructing the sale of games (many of these games not even being sold anymore except for like eBay). Really, we are advertising their works if anything.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad to see all this hostility and sadness in the thread....

Pk-Ow! First I don't any game creator will come to sue us here, as we're merely advertising their awesome characters. They should be happy for that. As Lionheart said, you say people shouldn't do movesets for legal reasons but you do some... strange...

Second why does in each of your comments you have NEGATIVE remarks, try to be CONSTRUCTIVE.

Seriously, you're making the thread go mad, as you're maybe making us lose one of the most important MYMers of all MYMs, please stop it.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Wow... if Spadefox hadn't already been one of my heroes, he would be now. Way to go.
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning... or can I not say that because it's based off of a movie quote?
So, out of curiosity, PK-ow, what made you bring up the legal issue now, as opposed to earlier? Was there someething about that set in particular that would make it any more of a copyright infringement than any of these other sets? (Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the set, as it had already been removed by the time I logged in. Pity, as it seems that it was really good.)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
One of the things I have been known for is the making of OC's (Original Characters) and I want this contest to be no exception.

Husayn Janan ("Split Soul")

*Credit for the picture goes to Junahu. Thanks.

"Why must we cleave the flesh of our fellow man? Are we not all related?"

Series
Endless Crusade (Original Character)- Sequel to Lion's Heart

Character Description

Story
To understand the story of this character, we must first know what preceded him.

Story of Chris Lionheart

It was a dark day when the archdemon of fire, Ashencroft, crowned himself king of the once noble kingdom of Valios. Most citizens, valuing their lives, opted to serve the demon king, but some brave souls resisted. Among these brave men and women was the young Chris Lionheart, sole survivor of the royal family that Ashencroft had purged. After 15 years of combat, the child prince was now a man. A desperate assault ended in a dual of leaders. With the falling of the sun, Ashencroft was banished back to Hell and the future of the now united Valians seemed bright.

Story of Sam Lionheart

20 years after the defeat of Ashencroft, the demon is at work again. With the help of his demon brother, the archdemon of water, he manipulated the hearts of Valians to turn on each other once again, the rebels declaring "Death to our king!" Chris Lionheart, now a much older man and still suffering from the wounds inflicted on him 20 years ago, was unable to personally lead the royal army. His son, Sam Lionheart took the task upon himself. With the aid of the woman he loved, Kelsey, and the mysterious Michael, later revealed to be an archangel, Sam would shatter the rebel army... but not before their true goal was accomplished. Ashencroft's sword, Megiddo, kept inside the royal treasury, was stolen. As Sam reclaimed it, it took control of him, making him the vessel for Ashencroft's evil soul. As that day progressed, Sam found his body becoming more like that of a demon. His hair turned black. Black feathered wings burst from his back. His eyes would become blood red. The very prince trusted to protect the people soon began to cut them down. Sam was unable to even prevent himself from taking the life of his parents. When Kelsey became his next target, however, his soul overthrew the demon, banishing the vile creature from his body. Sam regained himself and destroyed the sword that had been his master. For his evil deeds, the archdemon was bound to Hell by Michael for a millenia.

Sam was not completely normal after defeating his inner demon. The wings, now gray (representing neither good nor evil), would remain on him and his family until their entire blood line ended. After the sorrowful funerals of the fallen Valians, including their king and queen, Sam abdicated the throne, giving it to the trusted cousin of Chris Lionheart, General Arden Marten. Sam would become a simple knight and he and his wife would have 2 children. One of these children was good. He enjoyed the life that his parents had made for them and would become a knight just like his father. The older child was evil. He was furious that his father would abdicate the throne that he could have inherited. When he came of age, this son would reveal his wings to the people, claiming to be an emissary of God. It also helped that he was a descendant of the royal line. He would become a corrupt religious leader, a Vicar, who was similar to the Pope in power. His influence would become greater than that of the new royal family. While presenting a visage of innocence, he commited great atrocities, even ordering the deaths of his family, who objected to his new power. Sam, Kelsey, and the good son, Christopher, would flee and vanish into obscurity. The Vicar completely lost track of them and the family was able to live the family bloodlines of both the good and the evil side continued. To hide their identities, Sam's family cast aside the Lionheart name, adopting the name of Grypheart (heart of a gryphon, or winged lion). Each descendant of the Grypheart family would be taught to bind their wings to hide them.

The Endless Crusade

Nearly 1000 years have passed since Sam Lionheart defeated Ashencroft. The war in the Middle East has never ended. What the Crusades started has continued even to this millenia, 4000s A.D. The largely Catholic Europeans (who remain different nations but are now all a part of the European Union) wage war against the Arabic Muslims (who have now united into one large nation of Arabia) over a land that rightfully belongs to both sides. The Pope calls on the Vicar of Valios for aid. Obligated to help their allies, the Valians send ships carrying many troops over to the Middle East. Among those who made this journey were the Vicar himself. Another man, a simple knight, was Richard Grypheart, a descendant of Sam. This idealistic man would rise to the ranks of general and realize the truths and horrors of this war. Richard Grypheart would gain a reputation among the Arabs as being a great general and one of the few good men among the Crusaders. He would hide and attempt to free any Arabs who survived battles against him. One of these Arabs was a woman who converted to Christianity. According to the Vicar, all Arabs were "enemies of the cross" and were to be killed. Richard hid the woman in his quarters and she grew to love him. They had a son together. When she is killed by the very soldiers under his command, Richard kills the soldiers he once commanded and seemingly vanishes. His death is commanded by the Vicar, Chris Lionheart II, a corrupt man, who, while appearing kind to the people, was in fact a disgrace to his namesake, far more evil than even the first Vicar.

Richard flees to Arabia in hopes of giving his son somewhere he could be safe. Even though he was an enemy general and a caucasian, the Arabs spared him when they saw his son, whose Arab blood was dominant over the Valian blood, resulting in an Arabic skin tone. The Arabians granted Richard's wishes, adopting his son as one of their own people. They could not allow Richard to join their nation, as he was still seen as an enemy in some regards. They did, however, pay him back for his good deeds, sparing his life and allowing him to return to the Europeans. Richard adopted a false identity and returned to the army as a simple knight. His new goal was to get close to the Vicar and end that accursed bloodline once and for all.

The son was not named by Richard. At his request, the child would be given an Arabic name in order to fit in with the people of his new home. The son would have an interesting mindset, torn between the 2 warring religions. In his mind, both sides were equal, both just, and yet both misguided. The Arabians named him Husayn ("split") Janan ("soul"). Husayn grew to realize that he wanted to end this war and bring peace between both sides. "Both sides have a right to this land... why can't they share it?" he asked himself. He also had a desire to find his father. Husayn, due to his mix of colors, could fit in as both an Arab and a tan Caucasian, allowing him to move between the sides. He became a natural swordsman, skillfully wielding a short sword with a long handle, which he named Saif (an Arabic word for sword). His garb is a a blend of a light swordsman uniform and traditional Islamic clothes. He wears a thick cloak over his clothes and binds his wings, gray + white feathered (representing a person who is capable of evil but has a tendency to do good), in order to hide them from the public.

As Husayn learns more about the history of this war, additional questions rise. "Could the Vicar and the Pope be the cause of this?" "Could some higher force be at work here?" "Is this war just the beginning of something far worse?" These questions and others plagued Husayn's mind.

Physical Description

Husayn is an average-sized person by all means, roughly 5'8" and having a pretty typical frame. He is half-Arab and half-Caucasian, with the former taking overall dominance. The white skin tone did lighten his skin a bit, giving him the appearance of a tan person. He was born with wide hair, a rather uncommon occurence. There is a scar resembling a cross (+) on his right hand. He has two wings, gray-feathered with some white feathers in the mix, but he keeps his wings bound to his back and concealed in a cloak.

Weapon

A shortsword with a very long handle. If the arm and sword are pointed forwards (with the hand grasping the top of the handle), the end of the handle will reach roughly to the middle of the arm, if not farther. The blade of the sword is actually that of a shortsword, reaching roughly an arm length if that. It can be wielded comfortably with one hand. Very versatile weapon capable of having a short reach or a long reach based on how the user wields it.

Personality

Husayn is idealistic, brave and naive. Over time, he comes to learn more about the nature of the war and of man. Deeply devout, but confused about which path to follow, he does pray to God, but is unaware of which religion's interpretation is correct. Husayn will fight anyone who stands in his way, but he does not enjoy killing and especially does not enjoy fighting women. Despite this, his sense of justice is strong, and he believes that the punishment should fit the crime. He admires both the Crusaders and the Sarassins, respecting the courage of both sides.

Style

Husayn has a unique way of fighting. His style is artistic and emphasises quickly shifting from combat or defense to an idle position, allowing him to change styles on the fly. Even during combat, he often re-sheathes his sword, and he has gotten very adept at re-drawing it in an instant. Due to his very fast reflexes and the fact that his sword is rarely more visible than a streak of shining light, Husayn has been nicknamed "White Flash" by both sides. Husayn has a talent for analyzing the foes style and changing up his strategy to keep the opponent guessing.

Moveset

Stats

Size- Human
Husayn has an average human size, being roughly that of Marth in both height and width.

Weight- Above Average
Husayn is pretty average weight for a human, being a bit lighter than Link.

Walking Speed- Slow
Husayn walks at a casual, relaxed pace. He is hardly phased by the heat of battle.

Running Speed- Fast
Husayn is surprisingly fast, outrunning Marth, if only by a bit.

First Jump- Good
Husayn is very atheletic. His jump gives him good vertical height and has just enough startup lag to allow for effective shorthopping.

Second Jump- Great
Husayn has one hell of a second jump. It gets great vertical height (still nowhere near that of Yoshi) and is very fast.

Falling Speed- Fast
Husayn falls almost as quickly as a heavyweight.

Traction- Great
Husayn rarely, if ever, trips and turns on a dime.

Dodges- Great
Husayn is a defensively skilled swordsman.

Jumps- 2

Crouch- No

Crawl- No

Wall Jump- Yes, 3

Wall Cling- Yes, 1.5 Seconds

Glide- No

Basic Animations

Standing Pose
Pictured.

Idle Pose
Husayn draws Saif and spins it around in his hand thrice before re-sheathing the blade.

Walk
Husayn walks forward, maintaining his standing pose and keeping his hand on the handle of Saif.

Running
Husayn runs forward, leaning a bit and keeping his right hand on Saif's handle, it still being in its sheathe.

First Jump
Husayn, keeping his right hand on his sheathed sword, jumps in the air left foot first, his left foot bent at the knee and his right foot pointed down. Gives great vertical height and yet has enough beginning lag to be used for short hopping.

Second Jump
Husayn jumps very quickly in a manner similar to his dash, travelling diagonally upwards in the direction you control him. In addition to being both a good horizontal and vertical jump, this allows him to turn around if you choose to change his direction with it.

Shield
The typical bubble shield that is colored white forms around Husayn. It has the same properties as any other shield.

Sidestep
Husayn barely steps to the side, making an effortless dodge. This has a low duration but almost non-existant lag compared to other dodges.

Forward Roll
Husayn jumps into the background at the halfway point in his roll (roughly 1.5 stage builder blocks) and then jumps back to the stage, gaining the same distance as the first jump. Brings you a distance of roughly 3 stage builder blocks forwards. Husayn keeps facing the direction he was originally facing. Pretty average speed for a roll dodge.

Back Roll
Husayn steps backwards once. Gives only a short dodge distance but it is very fast, being only a bit slower than his lightning fast sidestep and allowing you to distance yourself from the foe. Has almost no ending lag.

Air Dodge
Husayn spins 180 degrees while dodging in the air. He remains in he same location but is now facing the opposite direction.

Specials

Neutral Special- Adept
This move has no beginning lag or ending lag, being a stance or state of mind rather than a "move." This special has an interesting effect. It eliminates Husayn's idle pose while it is in effect (for its unlimited duration). This causes Husayn's next attack to have a bit of additional beginning lag, but completely eliminates ending lag. This move is especially useful for creating dual attack chains, as many of Husayn's more powerful moves have high ending lag and lower beginning lag.

Side Special- Chain Bomb
Husayn unleashes a silver chain containing one gunpowder explosive every 3 links (each explosive being roughly 1/2 stage builder block apart.) He casts it forward. This has low beginning lag. By default, he unleashes a minimum length, the first bomb being a bit more than 1/2 stage builder block away from Husayn, though with each press of Side B, the length increases, adding another bomb to the chain. The first bomb explodes within 3 seconds, and you can add as bombs as you want, with a maximum of 10. When the first bomb in the chain explodes, its blast radius is 1/2 stage builder block in circumference, setting off the next one, and so on, the delay between explosions being roughly 1/5th second. All explosions are capable of dealing 10% and fairly high knockback in a random direction. Husayn is vulnerable to attack during the entire duration of the move, though he is able to swing the chain, dealing no damage, but knocking the foe away a decent distance. This can also be used to change the hitbox of the move while the explosions occur. A very versatile move when used correctly. This can also provide a tether, having the odd effect of exploding a 1/2 stage builder block circumference around the ledge and dealing 10% and fairly high (random direction) knockback to foe(s) struck by it.

Up Special- Grey-Winged Angel
Husayn's wings are unbound but are still concealed by his cloak. The flap a bit, giving the impression that his cloak is moving with the wind. This allows Husayn to stall at his current elevation for 3 seconds, freely walking, dashing, attacking, shielding, etc. (basically performing any ground actions except for jumping) at his current elevation. This does not leave Husayn helpless, but it can only be used once per jump. The move has little lag on either end. A useful horizontally recovery that adds a lot of versatility to Husayn, giving him wall of pain potential and adding more options to his air game.

Down Special- Reverse
This has no visual cue or lag. When used, Husayn will switch the way he swings his sword (overhand by default, or underhand). Overhand slashes work normally, while underhand only strike foes who are defending via a shield, sidestep, roll or airdodge. In addition, underhand attacks ignore super armor, counters, and invisibility (but not invinceability). Due to the fact that Husayn's sword is almost always sheathed, it is very difficult for the opponent to know what is coming. Proper usage of this technique provides skilled Husayn players with mindgames that keep the opponent guessing? "Should I defend or not" is the question they will be asking themselves. It is worth noting that when dealing with multi-hit moves, such as Neutral A and Up Smash, Reverse (underhand) will treat the foe as if they were defending for every subsequent hit if they were defending for any previous hit.

Normal Attacks

Neutral A- Astra
Husayn quickly draws out Saif and slashes forwards 5 times consecutively (horizontal draw, reverse sheathe, horizontal draw, reverse sheathe, and finishes with a strong upward swing out of a sword draw). The first four slashes each deal 3% and very low knockback (barely more than a flinch) and the fifth slash deals 5% and good upwards knockback. The combo has low beginning lag, a 1 second duration and high ending lag. Great reach. Below average priority on first four slashes and great priority on the fifth slash. Medium hitstun on first 4 slashes. High hitstun on the fifth. Combines very well with Adept. At lower percentages (up to 30%-50% based on the weight of the character), and with the help of Adept, this can be used for a 10 hit combo. DI can help you escape an Adept->Astra combo, but DI isn't worth much for a single Astra usage.

Dash Attack- Backlash
Husayn jumps backwards, turning around with great speed. Low beginning lag. He jumps back the distance of Quick Draw. He slashes as soon as he turns around (roughly 1/4th of the distance) and the slash keeps going until he reaches the end of the jump. He lands in his standing pose, facing the opposite direction of what he was facing before using the dash. He spins the sword in his hand once before sheatheing it. This has high ending lag. This slash deals 10% damage and medium horizontal knockback in the direction of the slash. The reach is naturally impressive, being good reach in front of Husayn over 3/4th the distance of Quickdraw. Great priority. No hitstun. A good attack for mindgames that can be difficult to see coming. It is quite punishable without the use of Adept.

Tilts

Side Tilt- Saif Draw
Husayn's most basic attack. Saif draws his sword quickly, slashing horizontally in the direction he is facing as he pulls the sword out. He re-sheathes it just as quickly as he drew it. Very low lag on either end. Uses the shortest reach of the sword, giving the attack an above-average reach. Great priority. No hitstun. Deals 4% and below average horizontal knockback. A great attack not only for quick damage, but for starting comboes without Adept. This can actually be used effectively in an Adept->Astra->Saif Draw->Astra combo (which would deal 38% assuming all hits connect).

Up Tilt- Saif Slash
Husayn draws Saif out of its sheathe while slashing upwards. He then slashes in the reverse direction to return the sword to its sheathe. Only hits directly above Husayn. Deals 2 hits of 4% and good knockback (at lower percentages, both hits are likely to connect). Low lag on both ends and a half second duration. Above average reach. Great priority. No hitstun. A good basic attack that is useful for defending from above.

Down Tilt- Kneeling Slash
Husayn draws Saif out of its sheathe while quickly kneeling forwards on his right leg. After slashing, he gets back to his feet by jumping up similar to a rising attack spinning 360 degrees while slashing with Saif, hitting on both sides. He then re-sheathes his sword. Low lag on both ends, but a considerable duration of roughly a half second. Both slashes deal 6% and good horizontal knockback in the direction of the slash. There are 3 possible hits (2 in front, 1 behind). Good reach. Great priority. No hitstun. A good attack for hitting on both sides.

Smashes

Side Smash- Crescent Slash
It is almost instinctive for everyone of Lionheart blood to use a variation of this signature. If Chris Lionheart "perfected" the technique, then a new word must be used to describe Husayn's mastery of the move. Husayn steps to the side (a sidestep), draws Saif diagonally, it going behind him and pointing diagonally downwards (charge pose). He then swings it upwards with great force, it forming a white crescent moon shape that lingers in the location briefly, extending the hitbox duration. Husayn will then step back to where he was before sidestepping while sheatheing Saif. His bows his head and says "Rest." Medium beginning lag and 1.25 seconds of ending lag. Great reach, utilizing the full reach of Saif. Great priority. No hitstun. Deals 20...10% (yes, charging it actually makes it deal less damage) and high upwards knockback. Wait... so what is the point of charging this move? Simple. Husayn's charge pose is when he sidesteps. By charging the move, you can hold the sidestep for up to 2 seconds (the attack loses 6% damage per second) and unleash the attack at any time during that. The actual sword swing is very fast after charging the move, most of the beginning lag already occuring by the time he gets to the charging pose. This move has obvious uses from finishing foes to aerial comboes (with Adept, which it naturally combines very well with) to longterm sidesteping.

Up Smash- Typhoon
Husayn draws Saif from his sheathe and, using only his right hand, lifts it above his head and starts spinning it rapidly, similar to Pit's Uair. This part of the smash, which lasts for as long as you charge it (up to 3 seconds), causes the sword to spin faster and faster and faster. When your release the charge, Husayn will toss Saif up into the air, it still spinning in the same fashion and taking foes caught in its spins at the beginning with it. It remains in the air for 2 seconds, reaching its maximum height of Husayn's height above Husayn at 1 second and then falling back down to him (he then sheathes the sword). Each individual spin of the sword deals 1% and flinching and has a slight pull-in effect that can be DI'd away from. By charging the move, you make the blade spin more rapidly (from a minimum speed of 4 rotations per second to a swift 10 per second, it speeding up at the rate of an additional 2 rps, rotations per second, per second you charge the move.) When the rotations speed up, the pull-in effect becomes more powerful- becoming very difficult to DI out of at max duration. This move has a total maximum of 48 hits (at full charge)! 28 of these hits are the spinning over Husayn's head while charging, while the remaining 20 hits are it being thrown upwards and still spinning. The move has an interesting and changing hitbox, it reaching roughly Husayn's width at all times and reaching the height of Husayn above him at its highest point. Great priority. No hitstun. This move sports high lag on both ends. If you do not use Adept, Husayn will almost definitely be punished, even if the attack was successful.

Down Smash- Roadside Bomb
Husayn turns toward the background, kneels down and starts making a gunpowder bomb, made to be put in the background. The bomb is small, and has the same visibility mechanics as Snake's Down Smash. When foes sidestep or airdodge within a battlefield platform of the bomb... BOOM! The struck foe(s) take 20% and knockback comparable to one of Snake's grenades. This move has medium lag on both ends and a 1/2 second duration, not counting charge time. A unique property of this move is that, like with charge shots, you can store the bomb with you, throwing it in the background by your character (must be on ground) when you use Down Smash again. Only one roadside bomb can be on the field at a time.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial- Blanc Bolts
Husayn starts cutting in random directions (any cardinal direction & any diagonal) so quickly that you can't even see his sword work, rather just white anime-style slash marks. In truth he is sheatheing and drawing his sword every time he slashes, evidenced by flashes on the sheathe. He keeps doing this until you release A. The interval between slashes is one slash every 0.25 seconds. Low lag on either end. Great reach, utilizing Saif's full reach. Great priority. No hitstun. Each slash deals 10% and good knockback in the direction of the slash. If you hit the ground, he will still keep slashing, but now he loses the straight-downwards direction, for as long as you hold A.

Forward Aerial- Reverse Slash
Husayn draws Saif, slashing in front of him as he does so, but the slash doesn't end there, as he turns 180 degrees as he does so. Low beginning lag and medium lag. Good reach on both sides. Great priority. Medium hitstun. Deals 7% and good knockback in the direction Husayn is facing at the time the attack hit. This attack combines very well with Back Aerial, as Husayn will be turned around. Husayn does normally resheathe Saif, but if you use Back Aerial or Forward Aerial afterwards, you can reduce ending lag on this and beginning lag on Bair by skipping the sheathe entirely.

Back Aerial- 180 Slash
Husayn draws Saif and slashes from over his head downwards while turning 180 degrees. This hits behind Husayn's original direction. Great reach. Great priority. Medium hitstun. Deals 8% and great knockback in the direction of the slash (Husayn's new direction). This attack combines very well with Forward Aerial, as Husayn will be turned around. Husayn does normally sheathe Saif, but if you use Forward Aerial or Back Aerial afterwards, you can reduce the ending lag on this and the beginning lag on Forward Aerial by skipping the sheathe entirely.

Up Aerial- Rapid Stab
Husayn jumps upwards the distance of his first jump while drawing Saif. When he reaches the height of this jump, he will rapidly stab horizontally in the direction he is facing, leaving white streaks with every stab, for as long as you hold A. You can control the direction he stabs by using the control stick, though the first direction will always be forwards. While this doesn't aerial stall, it does dramatically reduce your falling speed for as long as you use the move. He stabs at a rate of 5 per second, each stab dealing 3% and low knockback that can be DI'ld out of fairly easily. Low beginning lag, with very low beginning lag before stabbing and high ending lag. Great reach. Great priority. No hitstun. You can continue this combo even if he lands, simply by holding A. This can provide some limited boost to your recovery, but it must be canceled using Up B or a jump to do so.

Down Aerial- Diving Eagle
Husayn descends rapidly (double his already fast falling speed). Release A when you want to stop descending. At this point, Husayn slashes in a half crescent, slicing straight downwards and then swinging the sword to a forwards position, keeping it in this position as he flies fowards very quickly, his cape/cloak rapidly blowing in the wind. Opponents who are in his way as he flies forwards will be stabbed. His forward distance is about 1/4th of Final Destination. The attack phase of the move has 3 different parts- the downwards slice, the forwards slash, and the forward impale. The downwards slice deals 10% and spikes the foe downwards. The forwards slash deals 8% and decent upwards knockback (though the slash is "forwards", most of the hitbox is diagonally downwards.) The forward impale deals 7% and drags the foe with Husayn, inflicting good horizontal knockback as soon as Husayn reaches max distance. There is a sweetspot on the impale if the foe is struck at the very end, which increases the horizontal knockback to high (it is very hard to hit with this, however). The sword utilizes its shortest reach, above average, for all 3 attacks. Great priority. No hitstun on any part. This entire move has low beginning lag and high ending lag (and a variable duration). Can SD if used incorrectly.

Situationals

Ledge Attack- Pierce
Husayn draws Saif and brings it behind him, stabbing forward slowly, but with great force. High beginning lag and low ending lag. Great reach in front of Husayn, utilizing Saif's maximum. Great priority. No hitstun. Deals 13% and great horizontal knockback.

Rising Attack- Patience
Husayn jumps up and draws Saif, stroking the blade with his left hand as he wields it in the right. Release A to swing once, hitting both sides (right side first). Maximum hold duration is 3 seconds. Medium lag on both ends. Good reach. Great priority. No hitstun. Deals 7% and good knockback to the right of Husayn (the player's right). Useful for the ability to choose the timing.

Grabs/Throws

*Note that Husayn cannot chain.

Grab- Sword Point
Husayn points Saif forward and the foe becomes stunned in fear if it touches them, the reach and effectiveness of this grab being determined by whether you tapped or pressed A. Tapping A will use the shortest reach of the sword, giving a pretty average grab range and an effective grab, while pressing A will give a full-reach grab, as good as any tether (minus the ability to grab the ledge) but with a less effective grab duration that is easier to escape. Has a bit higher than the average beginning lag.

Pummel- I Knight Thee
Husayn taps Saif on the foes shoulder, the edges cutting into them a bit. Deals 3%, but is a slow pummel.

Forward Throw- Execution
Saif turns 360 degrees, slashing diagonally downwards with Saif as he turns the last 90 degrees to his original position. The foe is struck for 7% and medium horizontal knockback. Low beginning lag and medium ending lag with a short duration.

Back Throw- Run-Through
As the name suggests, Husayn runs through the foe, slashing them in the legs with Saif as he passes them. Deals 5% and trips the foe. Low overall lag and duration.

Up Throw- Lacerate
Husayn stabs the foe in the foot with Saif and drags the blade upwards through their body, all the way up to their head (the game not showing any gore). The foe is launched upwards a bit as he finishes cutting them "in half." Low lag on either end with a medium duration. Deals 12% and low upwards knockback.

Down Throw- Suicide Bomber
Husayn may not be a suicide bomber, but the foe is! Husayn straps bombs to the opponent. These bombs are rigged to go off in one minute, unleashing a mighty 30% and high upwards knockback to that foe and any character(s) within 3 battle field platforms circumference of that foe. This throw has high lag on both ends and a high duration.

Final Smash- Soul Split

There is no telling how Husayn does this... Somehow, he manages to split his conflicting sides into two seperate entities, both of whom wield Husayn's moveset. One of them is a crusader who deals +3% with every sword hit and has a +20% weight bonus. The other is a sarassin, whose explosive moves deal double damage. Husayn's taunts allow him to switch the one you are controlling, with the other one being CPU controlled and completely acting on its own.

This Final Smash lasts for 30 seconds and any explosives left by the sarassin will keep their damage bonus afterwards. Both of Husayn's entities are vulnerable, though both must be KO'ld to make him lose a stock. The two sides appear with the same damage % that Husayn had before using the Final Smash. The Final Smash will not end if one of them is killed, though the dead one will not return and Husayn will be stuck playing as the surviving side.

Taunts

Up Taunt- White Dove
Husayn lifts up his left hand, releasing a white dove holding an olive branch, symbols of peace. Rather ironic to use this on a battlefield, right?

Side Taunt- Pray
Husayn claps his hands and prays silently. Perhaps he is praying for his soon-to-be-dead foe(s).

Down Taunt- War Cry
Husayn does the stereotypical Muslim shriek, which I will not even bother to impersonate.

Loss

Husayn, shrouded in his cloak, claps calmly for the victorious foe.

Victory

Up- Quick Finish
Husayn says "Don't fear... your end will be quick."

Side- One Step
Husayn says "One victory.... one step closer to peace.... *sigh*... I hope."

Down- Mercy
Husayn says "I've been guided to spare you today."

Pros

Fast movement. Great at approaching.
Many versatile moves.
Adept, when used properly, provides a great combo boost.
Reverse is incredibly useful in the hands of a skilled player.
Great horizontal recovery.
Great air game, even allowing ground moves.
No lack of killing moves.
Great traction and dodges.
Good Final Smash.
Lengthy weapon.
Disjointed priority.
Can wall jump.
Can wall cling.
Has a tether (Side Special).

Cons

Over-reliant on Adept.
Many moves are quite punishable without Adept.
Rather large target.
Lightweight for his size.
Fast faller.
Lacks a projectile.
Lacks the ability to chain throw.
Lackluster edge game.
High learning curve.

Playstyle

Husayn has a high learning curve. Due to his oddly versatile and awkward moveset, getting the best out of him may take some time.

Husayn's offense is very versatile. Adept is a staple move for chaining together attacks for comboes. Adept->Astra->Saif Draw->Astra is one of Husayn's most valuable comboes, dealing 38% if all hits connect. Regardless of what your combo is, you definitely want to keep Astra in use whenever using moves with high ending lag. Just keep in mind, the increase in beginning lag is based on how much beginning lag the move has, so it may not work well in tandem with smashes. Forward Smash is pretty much only useful as a combo finisher. Up Special is useful for boosting your air game dramatically. Clever opponents WILL see a lot of your moves coming. The key to countering this is Reverse. Keep them confused about when to defend and when to do nothing. This can easily lead to their demise. To further their fear of defense, hide your down smashes well by storing them. Use Side Special to gimp.

Husayn's defense is a bit more lackluster, though he certainly has options. Definitely not the best camper, but he does sport great dodges and can move around the field very well.

Extras

Trophies

Husayn Janan
"What am I? My heart is torn between sides that hate each other. WHY!?"
Born to a crusader and an Arab convert to Christianity, but raised in Arabia with little knowledge of his parents, Husayn was born to a torn life. Loosely translated, his name is Arabic for "split soul". He frequently struggles to find his personal and religious identity, a crisis made much more important and difficult when these sides are at war. He desires to bring peace to the warring zealots and discover himself. A fast and highly skilled swordsman, he is nicknamed "White Flash" by both sides.

Sir Richard Grypheart
"We have been betrayed by the ones who claim to guide us. Every day, the ground becomes stained with the blood of friends and family and we only think to avenge these deaths. We lash out at our enemies in this war, but have not the sight to see that they are our greatest allies in a war against the real problem."
Richard Grypheart, named after Richard "The Lionheart", England's king at the start of the crusades thousands of years ago, is a surviving descendant of the Lionheart family. His branch of the family doesn't care about power and would rather live ordinary lives as citizens, knights, anything that doesn't "bear the mark of corruption." A mournful sorrow is reflected in Richard's eyes, though noone knows the cause. After being betrayed by the Vicar of Valios and having a death warrant put on his head, he took a new name, Sir "Elric Brant" (means "noble sword"), and now serves as a knight charged with the defense of the Middle Eastern Vallian capital, home to the Vicar. From this position, Richard hopes to slay the beast.

Vicar Chris Lionheart II
"Come children of God. Let us purify this land and claim what belongs to Him!"
The Valian equivalent of a Pope. He is as corrupt as any dictator and a disgrace to his namesake, despite his visage of innocence towards his supporters. He is highly manipulative, able to bend the hearts of even an honest nation to his will, which he claims is the will of God. Along with the Pope and the Ayatollah, he is the main cause of the continuing conflict. Despite being royal, he isn't weak, as he has hired some of the most expensive masters in Valios, at the cost of the people, to train him.

Pope Gabriel
"God has shown me the light. The Arabs are the darkness of this world. Let us bring light to this world!"
Named after the angel Gabriel, he is certainly not worthy of his name. The Pope is the leader of the European Christian church hierarchy and has more power and influence than any king could dream of. Like the Vicar, he has a talent for telling lies wrapped in a package of false innocence. His teachings are devoid of truth, straying away from traditional Christianity, in favor of teaching his will instead. The people love their Pope, blind to what he is doing. Unlike the Vicar, he is rather weak, relying on "miracles" and guards to protect him.

Ayatollah Salah-Al-Din
"My people... do you not see the oppression that the Christians bring on you? We children of Allah have suffered for too long. Let us smite the hand that oppresses us and take back our land!"
Ayatollah Salah-Al-Din ("faith") like the Pope and Vicar is highly corrupt and takes advantage of the trust of his followers. His words motivate the Arabs to continue their fight against the crusaders, furthering the blood shed of this pointless war. Very greedy by nature, he has imposed painful taxes on his people under the excuse of funding the war. He supports Allah's Order, a terrorist group that kidnaps citizens and uses them as suicide bombers. This latter act quickly made Husayn Janan aware of this corruption.

Michael
"The sun is setting on this world and the moon begins its rise."
Michael is the leader of the arch-angels, the arch-angel of air and light. He wields the spear Requiem, which is said to mourn for those it is used against. Michael has long white hair and wears white robes from head to toe. His nature is noble, though he almost seems to be without emotions. Perhaps, his opinion of humanity is torn. He sees great potential in Husayn and sometimes serves as a hidden guide.

Gabriel
"A darkness is rising from the world's center. Will it engulf humanity?"
Gabriel was God's emissary to Mary. One of the arch-angels, Gabriel is the patron of earth. He wields the axe Shamgar, which shines brightly when Gabriel is in the prescense of a human who is protected by the Holy Spirit. Gabriel has short blond hair, wears green and brown robes and wears an Olympic-style wreathe. Kind and caring in personality, he would rather find a hero among the people than watch all of humanity be overcome by demons.

Ignir
"I possess the power to destroy... nothing more. I must truely be the lowest of the four."
Ignir was once a human, a great hero even in the eyes of Heaven. He was killed by Ashencroft and ironically now serves as Ashencroft's replacement among the four arch-angels. He wields the great two-handed longsword, Phoenix, which strikes the soul of those it hits, giving them a rebirth if they are innocent and burning them if they are evil. Ignir has long white hair, brown eyes, red platemail armor, and a burning cape. Ignir is rather idealistic and has little memory of his former life, though he feels a connection to the arch-angel Virva as well as to the Lionheart family. He often acts as a guardian angel for the Valian people, especially the Gryphearts.

Virva
"With a flick of my wrist, I can cause the Black, the Mediterranean, the Arabian... any sea to end this horrid war... but surely there must be a reason to hold back such judgement."
Virva, like Ignir, was once a human. She was a good queen, loved by her country. She was killed by Ashencroft and now replaces his brother, Nereus as the arch-angel of water. She wields the bow Alcyone, which fires arrows of ice or water. Virva is a woman with long brown hair who wears blue robes. She is a bit tomboyish by nature and has little memory of her former life, though she feels a conenction to the arch-angel Ignir as well as to the Lionheart family. She often acts as a guardian angel to the Valian people, especially the Gryphearts.

Ashencroft
"This sword of mine erupts with an unmatched power. It's burning blade will devour your soul."
The longtime primary antagonist of the Lion's Heart series who makes a return in the Endless Crusade. Nearly 1000 years ago, he was bound for a millenium and cast into the lake of fire, and even without a clock he is aware that the chains will break soon. Though he has been stripped of his former powers as "arch-demon of fire", he now possesses the powers of Hell itself. Wielding the burning blade, Vulcan, which burns the souls of its victims if they are not under the protection of the Holy Spirit, Ashencroft is a nearly unmatched force. He has the power to turn humans into demons and manipulate the hearts of corruptible men. He rides a fiery stallion and is now known as War, the leader of the four horsemen. He has short black hair, blood-red eyes, black-feathered wings, and wears black platemail armor. His arrogance is without equal. He believes himself to be the rightful master of all existance.

Nereus
"The world now lies in death's freezing grasp."
The brother of Ashencroft and the former "arch-demon of water." Nereus was betrayed by Ashencroft nearly 1000 years ago and killed, but he returns alongside his brother. He is now Death, wielding an icy sword that freezes the living. Nereus has the power to raise the dead from their graves. He has pale skin and hair, wears icy armor and rides a pale dead steed (definitely your stereotypical grim reaper). His personality is as dead as his steed, showing no emotion at all. Cold, calculating, and without remorse, Nereus is truely a fiercesome demon.

Zephyrr
"This world has always been diseased... now that pestilence is simply showing itself."
Zephyrr was once an idealistic king who became disillusioned with the ways of the world, turning his heart over to darkness. It is rumored that he sold his soul in exchange for the fall of his own "selfish" people. There was, in fact, a horrible plague of leprosy there, which claimed Zephyrr's life. He is now Pestilence. He wears white from head to toe, his body wrapped in cloths, perhaps to hide his rotted flesh. A crown is on top of his bandaged head. He wields a longbow that unleashes pestilence into the air, spreading it afar. He rides a white horse. His only power is to spread disease, but he can do that in any way he wishes. His personality hasn't changed much.... in fact he still sees his actions as the only noble cause, bringing a horrible end to an evil race.

Abiram
"Let the blessings of the earth end."
Abiram's name means "my father is exalted." In the Bible, he was swallowed by an earthquake after rebelling against Moses. Abiram returns as Famine. He rides a black horse and wears torn brown clothes. Has long brown hair and black eyes. Carries a balance, with which he judges men's souls. He is probably the weakest of the four horseman, his power great nonetheless. He has the power to spread famine, make harvests go bad, and cause entire nations to die from starvation. He is just as defiant and disloyal in death as he was in life, often defying Ashencroft, Nereus, and Zephyrr.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
YAY more OC and no illegal stuff! Like the final smash. what are they gunna add in SSB4

we got >B in melee
FS in Brawl.
What else could there be. I know diaganol specials!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Ooh, look, Spadefox posted a new moveset... d*mmit. Legal problems?

Anyway, it looks like there still is a new moveset to read:

Husayn Janan: That... was awesome. You had a great level of detail on the moves, and good originality, although a few moves were just simple sword strikes. I can really see Husayn Janan as a real character with a unique playstyle. Also, I loved the backstory, very interesting and very clever.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So...spade...if you weren't over cool, you are now!

Husayn Janan: From what I skimmed you have some Crusader stuff going here. Being a guy who's learning the Crusade's, this is interesting.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Husayn was pretty good, though I would recommend you swapping the yellow text with the silver (or white) headlines. It hurt my eyes after a while from all that yellow text.

btw, all my movesets and the linkspace have returned to normal state.

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Warning! Challenger approaching!

(High Quality Fanart: http://tacashi.deviantart.com/art/Iji-Nanomachine-Warrior-102254633 )
The unwilling warrior, Iji Kataiser has joined the Brawl!

Character Origin:

Iji is the main character of the freeware game named... well, Iji. The game is praised for it's high quality, with it's only major flaw being it's simplistic graphics. That is easily forgiven when you consider that, other then the music, the game was made entirely by one person over four years. As the term 'freeware' implies, this game can be downloaded onto your computer for free. See the ending notes for the link.

(History) The Human Anomaly:
Iji's story starts with her on a tour of the military complex her father works at with her family. She glances out the window to see several glowing circles on the underside of large storm clouds. Iji pauses to look just as countless beams of light pierce the clouds, and her world goes white. She awakes half a year later to find herself alone in a room, lying on a metal table. When Iji gets up and looks out the door, she finds several monstrous aliens standing over some dead scientists.

She backs away in horror. Without delay, she hears the voice of her younger brother, Dan, from a nearby speaker. He explains the aliens she just saw were called the Tasen. The Tasen had invaded six months ago and had been destroying everyone in their path. She had been sent into a coma from the initial shock wave. As time was running out, the scientists modified her body with the Tasen's nanotechnology so she would be able to fight them off. The news doesn't get any better. Iji's father and younger sister are dead as well, leaving Dan as her only living relative.

Iji is griefstriken and it takes Dan's careful coaxing to help pull herself together. She exits the safe house she woke up in and prepares to face the Tasen. However, she has clear reservations about killing the invaders despite Dan's indifference towards them. Most of the story changes depending on the player's choices of whether Iji slaughters the enemies or avoid them, but regardless of your path and the changes they make, their are a few things that remain constant.

*Spoilers for the freeware game Iji*
Iji, ignoring her younger sibling's protests, climbs a hatch in the building she's in and onto the roof. There, she sees a desolated landscape and a horde of Tasen ships hovering in the sky. Iji is furious at Dan, who hadn't told her how widespread and grim their situation is. Dan admits that the columns of light she saw six months ago were part of what's called an "Alpha Strike", a large-scale orbital bombardment that varies in power depending on it's users whims, from wiping out most life, to all life, to the full power version that destroys the planet itself.

As the battles rage on, Dan has an idea. The Tasen came to Earth, "Origin" as they referred to it, in order to escape another species of aliens called the Komato, who the Tasen are a subspecies of and have been running from for a long time. They send a distress signal to the Komato to inform them of the Tasen's location to eliminate them. Unfortunately, the Komato are even more ruthless then the Tasen, and are willing to destroy the entirety of Earth with a full power Alpha Strike to eliminate their "inferior" cousins from existence.

Iji encounters several Komato soldiers. The assassin Asha, who becomes set on killing her after she defeats him, the legendary Iosa the Invincible, who survived a direct hit from an Alpha Strike thanks to her experimental Nanoshield (the plans and research for it were lost in said Alpha Strike), and finally General Tor, who admits he despises the war and the idea of the Alpha Strike, but has no choice to because his people and superiors demand it.
*End Spoilers*

Here's some videos of Iji in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VqYPY7jvy0
*Spoilers*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1McCW1SoWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRWwXZ9Zhk
*End Spoilers

Playstyle Overview:
Iji does well t all ranges, but excells at medium range. Her moves are very strong, but have punishable ending lag. Her moves also give her a great deal of control over the stage if the player can work around her lag. Her main weakness is her light weight in spite of her medium frame and movement. In addition to Iji's light weight, her KO moves are great at long range and terrible at short range, while her best damage options excell at close range but are useless at long range; Iji players will have to carefully control the distance between her and her opponents if she is to perform well.

(Stats) Basic Analysis:
Size:
Tall. She's a head shorter then Samus, but a bit wider. Her bulky Nanogun is, mercifully, not part of her hurtbox.

Weight:
Light. Iji is a young woman, and not very muscular at that. She's a tad lighter then Zero Suit Samus.

Walk Speed:
Average. Iji has great leg strength thanks to her enhancements, but she's slowed by her oversized gun.

Run Speed:
Average. Iji's Nanogun is too heavy for her to carry and run at the same time, but her nanomachines make up for that. She moves about the rate that Mario does.

Dash Speed:
Average. See above.

Traction:
Average. Iji isn't a clutz, and her nanomachines help her focus, but her weapon is still troublesome to move with.

Jump 1:
Good. Despite her only average run and dash speed, she has plenty of leg strength to get into the air. She jumps slightly higher then Zero Suit Samus.

Jump 2:
Average. Iji's fairly acrobatic, but her second jump isn't as good as her first. A little lower then Mario's first jump.

Fall Speed:
Slightly Fast. Iji's weapon weighs her down some, but nothing crippling.

Landing Lag:
Average. Not much to say here.

Overall Recovery:
Average. She has a decent recovery for her damage class, but her Up B can end up KOing her instead of saving her.

Attack Power:
Amazing. She's one of the best in terms of strength. This is her selling point.

Attack Speed:
Horrid. Iji's starting lag is ignorable, but her ending lag is just depressing. Be very careful with what moves you use, when, and where.

Attack Reach (Melee):
Good. She has many disjointed hitboxes, making her very similar to Snake in this regard.

Attack Reach (Ranged):
Great. Iji has a variety of projectiles, all with good range, but they're slightly unwieldly.

Priority:
Average. Iji has much variety, even with her disjointed hitboxes.

Attack Knockback:
Average. Her moves are all over the spectrum in terms of knockback.

Swimming Speed:
Great. Iji's legs allow for powerful kicks.

Swimming Duration:
Average. She has plenty of endurance, but her heavy weapon hinders her with it's weight.

Crouch:
Good. Iji goes down low, halving the size of her hitbox.

Crawl:
Average. Iji crawls on all fours. She's not that low to the ground but she moves quickly for a crawl.

Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Glide: No.
Hover: No.[/Color]

(Stances) Subject's Tendencies:
Entrance:
Two metal prongs appear underneath Iji's starting position. Iji appears in a beam of light, and the two prongs recede into the ground. ("Okay Dan, I'm here.")

Standing:
Iji stands with her left leg forward. She holds her Nanogun with both hands, her left hand on the top groove and her right on the trigger. The butt of the gun is pressed against her stomach, as she tries to keep it as steady as possible. ("Shouldn't have skipped out on gym class when I was younger...")

Idle:
Iji looks left and right, swaying her gun in the direction she's looking. ("Kinda in the middle of a fight here. Maybe you should, I don't know, push a button on that controller?")

Walking:
Iji keeps her back strait, and sways her Nanogun as she moves. She lowers the gun to make it easier to walk. ("No, I'm not going to walk like a model. Get over it, pervs.")

Running:
Iji takes longer strides and leans forwards. She holds her weapon up as she charges in. It looks a little akward thanks to trying to run and keep her gun steady at the same time. ("Why did they make this thing so heavy?!")

Dashing:
Iji breaks out into a full on run. She holds her Nanogun at her side in her right hand, focusing on running instead of keeping the heavy gun steady. ("Screw it, I'll point it when I need it!")

Jump 1:
Iji crouches slightly, then jumps with surprising strength. Somehow, she manages to keep her Nanogun aimed forward. ("Still not used to being able to jump like this.")

Jump 2:
Iji raises her left foot and thrusts it down, somehow gaining altitude. She holds her gun closer to herself to keep from losing her grip. ("Let's say it was nanomachines and drop the subject. This place violates the laws of physics as is.")

Freefall:
Iji's long hair moves upwards as she falls. She half turns to the screen, but keeps her gun pointed in front of herself. Her legs are bent slightly and she has both feet towards the ground, ready to land. (This is why she doesn't wear a skirt.)

Freefall(Helpless):
Iji falls with her back to the ground, in a position that looks like she in a recliner. Her hair is flowing behind her head as she falls, and she manages to keep a firm grip on her Nanogun despite all of this. (The landing's gonna hurt anyways, might as well be comfortable until then.)

Landing:
Iji bends her knees as she lands, and takes her left hand off her gun and places it on the ground to push herself up. (She sticks the landing! The judges are sure to like that one!)

Floating:
Iji floats in a standing position, stomach down in the water and using her weapon as a floating lifesaver. ("Now I can almost forgive how heavy it is!")

Swimming:
Iji floats on her stomach and keeps her Nanogun in front of herself, which seems to float quite well itself. She kicks forward as she moves. ("Much better.")

Drowning:
Iji drops her gun and splashes franticly as she sinks. ("I take it back! I want back on solid ground!")

Ledge Balancing:
She stands strait up, able to keep balance perfectly well even with her Nanogun's weight. She peeks down as she does. (Long way down...)

Hanging From a Ledge:
Iji hangs from the ledge with just her left hand, keeping her right hand on her Nanogun. ("Not that I'm telling you how to play your game, but shouldn't you make me pull myself up?")

Shield:
Light Blue. Iji gets on one knee as she shields, reducing her hitbox slightly. (Do I have to make a funny comment for everything?)

Sidestep:
Iji hops into the background, lowering her Nanogun and taking her left hand off it. ("Yes. Yes you do.")

Forwards Roll:
Iji dives forward and slides a bit after she lands. She keeps her weapon in front of herself, moving her left hand to the back of it until she stops. (Her reflexes really are amazing.)

Backwards Roll:
Iji backflips away and brushes her hair out of her face when she lands back on her feet. ("If I'm going to keep doing this, I really should get a shorter style.")

Air Dodge:
When she air dodge, Iji turns her back to the screen and leans into the foreground. (Another advantage of shorts over a skin tight sneaking suit- no squealing fangirls.)

Crouch:
Iji gets down on her left knee, giving her a remarkable resemblance to Snake when he's using his codec. ("Ota- I mean, Dan. Are you there?")

Crawl:
Iji moves forward on all fours. It's exactly what you would think when you heard the word crawl. (There's going to perverted fanart because of this, I know it.)

Flinch:
Iji pulls back, her shoulders hunching and her back pushing out behind herself. ("Ow!")

Trip:
Iji trips over herself. She turns slightly as she falls and lands on her left side with her cheek pushed against the ground. Her face contorts in agitation and humilation, and she blushes faintly. ("Sakurai!!!" Sakurai: *Laughs* Ocelot: "Join the club.")

Sleeping:
Iji falls on her rear and then her back. She surprisingly manages to keep her right hand curled around her Nanogun's stock. Her chest raises and lowers slowly and slightly as she breathes. ("No, no. I'm not tired. It's only been, what, 36 hours? My nanomachines keep me awake just- *snoring*")

Dizzy:
She stumbles back and forth, her right hand keeps its grip on her weapon while Iji searches for something to steady herself with her left. Iji looks greatly frustrated, and has both her eyes squeezed shut. ("Dang it! Now there's three of 'em!" Dan:"Uh, Iji, you might want to count again after you get your head on strait.")

(Basic Attacks) Standard Equipment:
A - Bash:
Iji's basic attack is not a combo attack. Instead, she lifts her Nanogun over her head, then swings it like a club and bashes her opponent with it. Iji's improvised club does 8% damage, has decent reach, and medium knockback, with virtually no starting lag but medium ending lag. A disjointed hitbox.

---Best used to wallop someone who won't back off, then dodge roll away while they're coming back for some breathing room.

Forward A - Shotgun:
Iji's gun fires a burst of small, yellow pellets in random directions within a 120 degree cone in front of Iji, for a distance equal to a Battlefield platform's length. There are 10 pellets, each of which do 1% damage. Low priority and low knockback, with medium ending lag. This attack is a short range projectile, not a disjointed hitbox.

---This does little damage at the edge of it's hitbox, due to the unpredictable trajectory of the shot, but it has a massive damage at close range. Avoid spaming this attack, since the ending lag will leave you open to punishment.

Down A - Trapmine:
Iji squats down and pulls a small silver box out of her pocket. She sets it down beneath herself. When an enemy walks over it, it explodes with a hitbox the size of Kirby. It's easily visible, thanks to a small flashing light at it's center. The light is the color of Iji's team in team battles and the color of her costume in free-for-alls. When the Trapmine explodes, it does 4% damage, medium knockback, and a full second of hit stun. Each Iji may only have 3 Trapmines active at once. Short starting lag as Iji places the mine, and short ending lag afterwards as she stands up. If she uses this while she already has 3 Trapmines down, the oldest one will vanish. She may place multiple Trapmines in the same place, in which case the damage stacks but not the knockback.

---This is one of Iji's trump cards. Use this to trap opponents for Iji's power moves, or as an obstacle to opponents so she has some breathing room to recover from her horrid ending lag.

Back A - Cracker(Sabotage):
(Use this by taping the control stick back and pressing A before Iji turns around completely.)
Iji's hand glows light bue, and spins around and reaches out her hand towards her opponent. If she makes contact with a foe, the light blue glow will transfer to them. Their next attack will have an additional 0.5 seconds of starting lag, due to Iji's nanomachines. This 'attack' does no damage, knockback, or hit stun. It has average reach, low priority, virtually no starting lag, and short ending lag. The starting lag delay doesn't stack every time you use it, even if the foe hasn't used an attack in between the two times you hit with this move.

---Yes, Iji has a back tilt. To be honest, I forgot there wasn't a 'back tilt' in SSB until after I made it. I didn't want to get rid of it, and couldn't fit it anywhere else, so I'm giving Iji an extra move. Besides, Iji's game has plenty of hidden moves, so her moveset having one fits. This attack allows Iji to predict and avoid enemy power moves, set up one of her own moves, or recover from her laggier moves. Don't bother spaming it, this move is worthless if your opponent can predict it.

Up A - Splintergun:
Iji swings her Nanogun from in front of herself to directly above her head, then slowly crouches down as the A button is held. If the enemy is hit by the blow, they'll receive 4% damage and low upwards knockback. Low priority in spite of the disjointed hitbox, and short to long ending lag if the A button is released before Iji gets into position.

If Iji finishes the motion, a steady stream of small red orbs the size of Pokéballs shoot from her gun at a rate of 4 a second, each moving strait and flying upwards in a random direction within a 120 degree cone. The orbs hit for 2% damage each, with low knockback aimed in whatever direction they were going and medium knockback. The bursts move at 1/3 the speed of Fox's Neutral B, until they hit something or leave the stage. The attack ends when Iji releases the A button. Long starting lag as Iji gets in position to use this move, and medium ending lag as Iji pushes herself up using her weapon for balance.

---Iji's best anti-air move. Wait until your opponent's high in the air and trying to close in to use this, as the wide, random cone in which the attack hits makes it easy for opponents to slip through. If you can time it so the attack starts when the opponent is nearly on top of Iji, you'll be able to rack up a great deal of damage. Remember, it's useless against a ground bound foe and it's lag really hurts.

Dashing Attack - Pulse Cannon:
Iji skids to a stop and unleashes a flurry of green energy bursts from her Nanogun. The bursts extend 1.2 times the length of a Battlefield platform in a cone shape that is the size of a Pokéball at the start and as wide as it long at the end. The attack lasts as long as Iji is holding the A button, and any opponents that enter the cone of energy take damage over the course of each second, at a rate of 5% per second. This attack inflicts no knockback or hit stun. The attack has a disjointed hitbox. The starting lag is ver short, and medium ending lag, which occurs when Iji's player releases the A button.

There are two special things of note, however. First, this attack has no priority. It can't be canceled with another attack, regardless of priority, but cannot cancel any opposing attacks in and of itself. Second, Iji can jump while using this attack and even turn around, but if she stops firing in the air she immediately enters freefall, and she cannot perform any attacks or a second jump while she is using it.

---This attack is a powerful damage dealer and Iji can move around while firing, allowing her to evade attack while doing so. However, opponents do not flinch while being hit, so they can attack Iji like it wasn't even there. Use it on slow and/or laggy opponents who Iji can evade and attack at the same time. It's also smart to place a few Trapmines with her Down A so she has an escape route for when things start getting crazy.

(Aerials) Airborne Abilities:
Neutral A - Cracker(Stun):[/u]
This is very similar to her Back A, Iji stretches her arm out in front of herself, a faint light blue glow wrapping around it. If a foe she hits with this move uses any attack other then their Up B within the next 2 seconds, they'll receive an electric shock and will be unable to move for 2 seconds. If the duration of this move wears off during the starting lag of the opponent's attack, they won't be stunned. This does no damage, hit stun, or knockback, and has low priority. Virtually no starting lag and medium ending lag.

--- If the opponent looks to gimp your recovery or finish you off with a powerful blow, use this attack to turn the tables. If your opponent is using a move with a big starting lag, short hop into this attack to render them helpless. Don't spam it and avoid using against quick opponents.

Forward A - Machine Gun:
Iji pulls her Nanogun close and shoots a steady spray of bullets as the A button is held. The spray of bullets have a thin, long hit box extending the length of a Battlefield platform, and hit for 1% each, at a rate of 8 a second. Each bullet has medium priority and knockback. Iji can move, but moves backwards instead of turning while this attack is in effect. If Iji lands, she can continue shooting as long as the A button is held and jump again while firing.This attack lasts only 2 seconds, after which Iji exhausts the ammo and her gun will make clicking sounds instead of shooting. This move has a disjointed hit box, but low priority despite the fact. The attack has a short ending lag if she stops before the ammo runs out, and long ending lag if she stops after. Iji will have to wait 2 seconds after stopping to use this move again.

---This a wonderful damager, and the fact it can continue even after landing makes it versatile as well. Just make sure you don't abuse it, else you'll get hit with large ending lag and even look stupid afterwards. Again, her Down A should be used prior to this.

Down A - Buster Gun:
A cracked combination of the Shotgun and the Machine Gun. Iji shoots a small burst of bullets downwards that fan out along a 45 degree cone, her shoulders moving up slightly to absorb the recoil. After she shoots, her gun stays pointed down for 0.6 seconds before she moves back to her normal position. If this attack is used again while the gun is down, there is no starting lag for the second and so on shots. Each attack releases 5 bullets that go down as far as a Battlefield platform is long and deal 2% damage each. Low knockback and priority. Has a medium starting lag for the first shot, but none for the following shots. It has short ending lag, regardless.

---If your opponent keeps juggling you, use this move to escape. It's not good at gimping recovery, but like many of Iji's moves it's a good damage dealer.

Back A - Rocket Launcher:
Iji spins around and fires a rocket from her Nanogun, the recoil pushing the gun into her gut and making her grunt. The rocket moves at the 1/2 the speed of Fox's Neutral B and flies in a strait line until it hits something or goes off stage. It explodes on impact, covering an area equal to Dedede in size, but round. Does 9% damage and high knockback. Medium priority. Short starting lag and medium ending lag.

---This is one of Iji's faster moves, doing decent damage with little risk. It's also Iji's only move that can really be spamed, but with her fall speed and being the Back A it'll be difficult to do so with any real degree of success.

Up A - Banana Gun:
One of the few hidden weapons from Iji. Iji aims strait up and shoots a banana a distance equal to length of 2 Battlefield platforms, moving at a rate equal to Fox's blaster at first, slowing to a stop, them falling down at a gradually increasing speed. If the banana hits a foe or 3 seconds pass after it hits the ground, it'll explode with a blast the size of Kirby. The explosion does 1% damage, but massive knockback and medium priority. There is a medium starting lag while Iji tries to get her heavy weapon steady, and a long ending lag. Iji cannot use this attack again until the previous banana detonates or falls off the stage. If there are multiple Ijis, each Iji can have 1 banana out at a time.

---Despite how silly this attack looks, it's a viable gimper and an excellent KO move. Again, don't spam this. It's harder to dodge then Iji's other moves, but not much harder.

(Smashes) Enhanced Strength:
Forward Smash - Cyclic Fusion Ignition System:
Iji braces for impact as she charges this move. When the A button is released, her Nanogun releases a large stream of lightning strait forward a distance of one and a half Battlefield platforms. The stream lasts 3 seconds at full charge (1 second at minimum) or until Iji's player presses the A button, and Iji cannot move while the attack is in effect. Opponents caught in the stream take 5% damage per second and are slowly pushed back until the end of the move or they're pushed out of the hit box, at which point they receive high horizontal knockback. Medium priority and medium ending lag.

---Since you can release early and/or stop it early, this can be used to bluff and play mind games with your opponents. It also does a decent bit of damage, though not as much as her other moves.

Down Smash - Power Kick:
Iji performs a mean roundhouse kick. The attack does only 6-14% damage, but it pushes the opponent back a distance equal to 1.5x the length of a Battlefield platform and has a hit stun duration of 0.8 seconds (the time that passes as the victim is pushed also counts towards this). Low priority and medium ending lag. If the enemy is pushed off a platform by this move, stun will not take effect. If the opponent is already stunned when hit by this move, they will not be stunned again.

---Iji's Down Smash isn't so special, is it? But don't underestimate it because it's 'just a kick'. Getting hit by this will stun the opponent and put them at medium range, Iji's best position. Iji can't make an infinate combo with this move thanks to the condition, and foes will be pushed too far away for her to close in on them in time for a second hit with it anyways. Use a different move to hit them instead, or lay a Trapmine and widen the gap to set up for Iji's KO moves.

Up Smash - Spread Rockets:
Iji kneels down and aims up as the attack charges. Iji shoots three rockets directly above herself, one going strait and the other two going diagonally to each side. The rockets move at the 3/4 the speed of Fox's Neutral B and explode on contact with a hit box half the size of a Bomb-omb, doing 15% damage at full charge and good knockback, with above average priority and long ending lag.

---Wonderful on opponents who love the air, or stages with several rows of platforms. Use Iji's Up A to smack them into range, then hit them with this.

(Situationals) Last Resorts:
Rising Attack (149% or less) - Boot to the Head:
As Iji gets up, she suddenly whips her right leg around to catch her opponent upside the head. The kick will miss smaller targets like Kirby unless they're crouching, but Iji gets up in half the normal time it takes with this move. The boot to the head does 5% damage and low knockback. with a reach of 1/2 a Battlefield platform. No starting or ending lag.

---Yes, 149% or less, not 99% or less. Iji has pretty good situationals. This is her weakest damaging attack, and it'll miss Pikachu and the like if they're standing or crouching, but it's a quick way for Iji to get up.

Rising Attack (150% or more) - Retribution:
Iji floats to a standing position and glows an intense orange. Once she's back on her feet, she throws her head back and yells at the top of her lungs. A large ring of orange and blue explosions circle her for 2 seconds as she floats above the ground. Has a massive starting lag and slightly long ending lag. The blast radius of the entire move is equal to 3/8 of Battlefield's length in size, while each explosion is 1/8 the size of Battlefield. There are 8 explosions in the circle, and a full circle each second. Does 15% damage and medium knockback. Iji has super armor during the starting lag. Disjointed hit box.

---With the long tell at the start, it's hard to hit anyone with this move. It's purpose is to scare the crap out of everyone and allow Iji to get back up without fear of someone knocking her right back down. Don't use this on moving stages.

Ledge Attack (99% or less) - Sweep:
As Iji climbs back onto the ledge, she swings her Nanogun like a club at her opponent's legs. If a foe is hit by this move, they'll take 6% damage and fall to the ground as if they tripped. No knockback. medium starting lag, short ending lag as Iji stands up.

---While it doesn't deal much damage, the tripping quality makes it greatly useful.

Ledge Attack (100% or more) - Insert Shotgun Pun Here:
Iji lifts her Nanogun up and shoots a spray of small pellets at her opponents, then pulls herself up normally. The pellets cover an area equal to Kirby in size, and deal 7% damage and medium knockback to anyone hit by it. Has a long starting lag of seconds and a medium ending lag.

---The longer starting lag is this attack's greatest drawback. This is Iji's worst move.

(Specials) Advanced Arsenal:
Neutral B - Level Up:
When the player uses this move, instead of a charge leading to an attack, the words "Level Up!" appear above Iji's head. A thought balloon of a small purple box will appear above Iji's head. The box has a green screen with three letters on it. Iji will become immobile, and her controller can use the control stick to scroll left or right through several different choices. When her controller hits A or B, one of the following effects occur, depending on which of the following options was selected:

Hea: Iji receives a Health upgrade, healing her damage by 7%.
Asm: Iji gets an Assimilate upgrade, increasing the damage/healing an item she uses/throws does by 1.2x (rounded up) for 7 seconds. This does not apply to Assist Trophies or Smash Balls.
Atk: Iji's Attack is boosted, increasing the damage her attacks do by 2% each for 8 seconds.
Str: Iji upgrades her Strength, boosting the duration of her next grab by 1.5x.
Crk: Iji practices her Cracker skills. She then hacks into her own nanomachines and modifies their behavior in a manner that boosts the hit stun of her Specials and Smashes to 1.2x the normal amount for 6 seconds.
Jmp: Iji's jump height is increased by 1.5x for 7 seconds.
Arm: Iji receives 2/3 damage (rounded up) from any and all attacks for the next 7 seconds.
N/A: Cancels the move.

If Iji receives knockback while selecting an option, the move is canceled. This has a full second of starting lag, but it's one of her few moves without ending lag. She'll start at one of the choices above other then N/A at random, scrolling left going up the list and right going down. If Iji activates this move while one of the effects are still active, the previous effect is canceled.

---Iji should only use this move after you send an opponent flying, or when she's very far away. In brawls with more then two people, try to avoid using this move unless the opponents are all occupied by each other. If you really want to for some reason, immediately hit A or B when the prompt appears. You don't get to choose which boost you get this way, but it's quick enough that you aren't put into danger because of it.

Side B - MPFB Devastator:
Iji's Nanogun glows blue and she stops on the spot. Her weapon launches three glowing blue crystals, each the exact size and shape of a Smashball, strait forward in rapid succession. The first moves at 1/2 the speed of Fox's Neutral B, the second at 1/3, and the last at 1/4. The crystals explode after travelling triple the length of a Battlefield platform or when they hit an opponent, object, or wall. When an orb makes contact, it detonates with a hit box equal to Bowser's height and width.

The explosion causes great upwards knockback and 16% damage. There's 1 second of starting lag as Iji stops and aims. The sheer recoil of this attack knocks Iji back a distance equal to a Battlefield platform in length and flat on her rear as soon as the third sphere exits the barrel of her Nanogun, resulting in a massive ending lag as she shakily gets back up on her feet. If she's in the air, she enters a helpless state instead. High Priority.

---This is Iji's most powerful, and most risky, attack. Never use this on mobile opponents. Never use this when your opponent is near you and has even a basic grasp of dodging. Never use this in the air. Never use this on an airborne opponent. Bottom line, only use this when you have a sure-fire hit. Just so you know, the knockback ensures that nobody will ever be hit by two or three crystals in one blow, all the additional crystals do is make it harder to avoid. In other words, you'll NEVER get 32% or 48% damage with this in one go.

Down B - Resonance Reflector:
Iji makes a large gold pulse around herself for a short duration with a reach of half a Battlefield platform. Opponents hit by the field take 7% damage and high knockback, and medium hitstun. Very small lag on both ends and short duration. It's a disjointed hitbox, but has slightly low priority. Projectiles of lower priority are deflected, but equal or higher priority will only dissapear. If struck by a higher priority move, Iji will be knocked down.

---This isn't your standard Luigification of Zelda's Neutral B or Fox's Down B. This move is horrible at reflecting projectiles, and isn't the best option for a shield. It's spammable, but at great risk to Iji. It's best use is on foes using fast, low priority moves or high priority, but slow moves. Iji can knock away persistant foes, or more deviously, let them knock her down to set up for her 150% and above rising situational. Either way, use it to get breathing room or to KO, but sparingly.

Up B - Nuke:
Iji aims down and and pulls the trigger. A blue energy pulse detonates from the barrel of her gun, harming herself and anyone within 1/5 of Final Destination's length of her. Foes take from 5% to 12% damage and medium knockback, depending on how far/close they were to Iji when she used the attack. Iji herself takes no damage despite being at ground zero, thanks to her Nanoshield, but she takes heavy upwards knockback and grits her teeth in pain. When Iji lands, she'll take 1.3x longer to climb to her feet as usual, due to the sheer force of the explosion. Has long starting lag. Disjointed hitbox. As an easter egg, If Iji uses this attack three times in a row she'll grunt "That... really... hurts!"

---This move is a powerful long reaching attack, but it's nearly suicide if Iji's damage is 110% or higher, leaving it near useless as a recovery and only desirable as a finishing move. If you have to use it as a recovery, let yourself fall a few seconds first so Iji doesn't rocket off screen.

(Throws) Enhanced Strength:
Grab - Aggression:
Iji throws her hands forward, then lifts the opponent up by the neck using both hands in a sudden show of uncharacteristic fury.

Grab Attack - Rib Breaker:
Iji slams her knee into her quarry's side. Does 3% damage per hit, and hits at an average rate.

Forward Throw - Devastator V2-01:
Iji flings the foe forward with medium knockback and no damage. However, she points her gun forward and slides one leg back to brace herself, a large ball of glowing yellow energy glowing at the tip of her Nanogun. After 2.4 seconds of charging, The Nanogun unleashes a long beam of yellow energy, passing through solid walls and off stage. If the opponent is hit by this, they receive 17% damage and obscene horizontal knockback. The beam lasts for 1 second and is as wide as Iji is tall. If Iji is hit while charging or firing, the attack is canceled on the spot, and Iji is knocked down as if she tripped. Has long ending lag as Iji recovers from the recoil.

--- This throw gives the opponent ample time to escape or interrupt, but if you manage to hit someone with over 90%, they'll likely be KOed. The best place to use this is in a battle with plenty of opponents, as it makes it easier to hit someone.

Down Throw - Hyper Pulse:
Iji tosses the opponent down on the ground, then sprays a cone purple energy extending 2x a Battlefield platform in length for 2 seconds. Does 12% damage, and inflicts medium horizontal knockback at the end. The spray does 5% damage and light knockback to anyone that gets hit by it (other then Iji and the thrown foe), and the cone is large enough to hit behind Iji too. There's a slightly long ending lag.

---This move is one of Iji's best damage dealers, and is the best choice if a foe is trying to attack you from behind while you're busy with your grabbed opponent.

Backwards Throw - Shock Splinter:
Iji flings the target over her shoulder, turns around, then shoots a large red orb of energy at the foe. The bulb explodes in a shower of red sparks on contact, doing 10% damage and heavy knockback, with a blast radius of a Bomb-omb. The sphere moves at the same rate as Fox's buster, in the direction of the thrown foe. There's a mild delay between the throw and the shot, making it possible to dodge. The orb of energy will continue moving until it hits something or goes off screen.

---This throw is nothing really special. It does more damage and knockback then usual, but opponents can dodge it, too.

Up Throw - Resonance Detonator/Plasma Cannon:
Iji holds her enemy over her head, then releases a purple pulse around herself, similar to her Down B. The pulse knocks the opponent into the air, where Iji points her Nanogun upwards and fires a thin red beam of pure destruction. The pulse does 2% damage and medium knockback to anyone next to Iji. There is a 1 second delay between the first attack and the second. The second attack is fired strait up and travels until it hits a solid platform or it goes off screen. The beam is as wide as a Pokéball. Anyone hit by the second strike takes 8% damage and high upwards knockback.

---Like her down throw, this is a good move to use if one opponent is trying to attack you while you're dealing with another. Unlike her Down Throw, that applies to opponents coming from the air and the ground.

FINAL SMASH: Massacre
Iji's eyes narrow in concentration as the screen zooms in on her. The fight continues on, with seemingly no changes. However, for the next 15 seconds, all of Iji's Specials are replaced with her Massacre weapon:

Special - Massacre:
Iji aims the Nanogun in the direction the analog stick is pointed in. She pulls the trigger, unleashing a line of flame in the aimed direction. Iji is thrust in the opposite direction from the recoil a distance equal to 1/4 Final Destination. The blast extends to half of Final Destination in length and the height of Bowser in width. Foes hit with the blast receive 18% damage and large knockback. High priority. Slightly long starting lag and ending lag.

---This is Iji's ultimate attack, and it shows. High KO probability, great priority, and impressive damage. Let's not forget that it's only minorly laggy. It's also a cure for Iji's weak recovery, as aiming down will give her a boost in altitude and sideways reduces the distance she's flung by enemy attacks. It's Iji's benefits without the weaknesses for 15 seconds.

(Pros & Cons) Quick Summary:
+Average movement speed and recovery
+Attacks deal heavy damage or multiple hits
+Proficient at both short and long range
+Great reach
-Light weight and quick fall nullify good recovery
-Attacks have painful ending lag
-Must switch between short and long range to make the best of her moves
-Large size for her weight.

(Playstyle Overview) Humanity's Last Hope:
Iji's main weakness is her ending lag. Her Neutral B, Neutral A Air, Back A, and Down A all hinder her opponents in some manner, and are invaluable to her playstyle. Iji should focus on her quick Tilts and Aerials, and the above during the bulk of her battles, else she'll be dodged and countered at every turn. She deals more damage at close range, but has more viable KO moves at long range. Use moves like her Down B and her Neutral A "Combo" to push foes away when you're ready to finish them, and trap them with her Down A and projectiles when you want to get close. It's all about dancing from short to long range when needed.

(Fighting Iji) Against an Anomaly:
Iji's strength relies entirely on controlling distance between herself and her foes. Fight at long range while at low damage percents to avoid her high damage moves, and at close range when at high percents to avoid her finishers. Ignore any items or distractions and focus on keeping her under pressure. Letting up will give her time to run in or run away from you, or place trapmines. Other then that, Iji doesn't really need any special counter strategy. Just capitalize on your selected character's strengths.

(Extras) Miscellaneous Observations:
Taunts:
Up Taunt - Memories:
Iji takes a small pink ribbon out of her pocket and frowns, then puts it back.

Side Taunt - Remind You of Anything?:
Iji kneels down and presses her fingers to her temple, then talks to herself. "Dan, you there? ...Heh. Just kidding."

Down Taunt - Tired:
Iji takes her Nanogun into her left hand, then moves her right arm in circles to get feeling back into it.

Result Screen Animations:
Win 1(Up):
Iji leans on her Nanogun and smiles at the screen, waving.

Win 2(Side):
Iji aims her gun upwards and fires her MPFB Devastater, the balls flying off screen, then fallin in the background like a character who was knocked off screen and exploding like fireworks. Iji lowers her gun to her right and puts her left hand on her hip. She smiles at the screen.

Win 3(Down):
Iji gets down on one knee and props herself up with her Nanogun. She pants heavily, but smiles in satisfaction.

Loss:
Iji sets her gun down next to herself, standing it up on it's barrel. She applauds the winner like normal, smiling in good sportsmanship.

Alternate Costumes:
Standard: Iji has her ruffled brown hair flowing behind herself. She wears her green tank top over her torso and plain black shorts. Her nondescript black shoes round out her bland state of dress. Her team colors change the color of her tank top to fit the team, and her pants change to a dark shade of the team's color. It's effectively the same as the above picture.

Alternate: (Hold R while selecting Iji) In this costume, Iji wears a black t-shirt with a silver stripe over each shoulder in place of her tank top, and has traded her shorts for long black pants with 3 horizontal grey stripes. Her hair is slightly longer, but it's only noticeable if you're looking closely. She still has the same shoes on. Her team colors simply switch the black shirt and pants to a dark shade of the team's (crimson for red, navy for blue, and forest green for green).

Emblem:
A small, hollow circle, with two smaller solid circles orbiting it, like an atom. It's the same shape as the nanotech Iji absorbs to level up in her game.

(Stage) Sector 6 Roof:
This stage is based on the fight between Iji and Asha at the end of Sector 6. The stage is situated on the metal roof of the military facility, with the bright orange sky hanging over the purple metal. There are a few silver bars cut into the side of the roof, and there are multiple green and purple ships battling in the distance.

The stage is a 25 custom stage builder blocks long walk off with no pits to fall into. The stage has bowl shape to it. The ends of the arena are 5 custom stage builder blocks long each. Going inwards, next to each edge and below (one csbb down for the left, two for the right) are another pair of 5 csbb long stretches of ground. Finally, there's one last 5 block long solid platform, three blocks down from the left and two from the right, connecting the two halves. There aren't any pits or gimmicks in this stage which makes it somewhat bland, but other then that it's a solid competitive stage.

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5CMd5Flmg (3 Cans Later, Sector 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-jYxzWGUPo (For Stronger Bones, Sector 4 Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFabSQpFKI (Seven Four, Sector 5 Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwm2TLl-a4 (Face-to-face, Boss Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYt-c0ofZ0o (Final Boss Battle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztA_7gpjigI (Hero, Hero 3D minigame theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0YebcgbJwg (Organ Smash, Bonus Track)

(Assist Trophy) Asha the Assassin:
Video of the first Asha boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf0tVS_68Os
Pics:
http://gigaspine7.deviantart.com/art/Komato-Assassin-Asha-111393179
http://michael-777.deviantart.com/art/Komato-Assassin-Asha-123861744

The Komato assassin Asha appears on stage. He strikes a pose and laughs, then vanishes in a spark of light. He disappears and reappears rapidly, all over the screen, then uses one of the following attacks and vanish:
-Assassin's knife: Asha reappears behind a random opponent and swings his red laser blade at them. It has little reach and a starting lag of 1 second, but does 12% damage and heavy knockback.
-Plasma Cannon: Asha appears on the ground and holds his gun at eye level. He pulls the trigger, unleashing a long red beam of destruction in front of himself. Has a starting lag of 1 second and a duration of 1 second. Foes who come in contact with the beam take 14% damage and medium knockback. Due to his height, the attack may fly over the heads of anyone who's crouching or just really, really short.
-Silver Hair Special: Asha appears right above an opponent with his blade pointed downwards, and lets gravity do the rest. It takes Asha 0.5 seconds to complete his decent, making this one of the harder moves to dodge if you don't keep moving. Does 10% damage and knocks the target to the floor as if they tripped, but has no knockback.
-Raining Red: Asha teleports into the air and throws five whirling red laser blades towards the ground in random downwards directions. Each blade is the size of Kirby and falls at the same speed as Link, and does 12% damage upon impact. Low knockback, but heavy hitstun.

Snake Codec:
Snake: That's a big gun for a young girl.
Meiling: Her name is Iji, Snake. And she's not a little girl, she's 20.
Snake: Iji's Japanese for determination if memory serves. It really fits her. Her eyes have a lot of fire in them.
Meiling: Her world was invaded by aliens called the Tasen. They launched an "Alpha Strike", destroying much of her world. She was sent into a six month coma, during which scientists modified her body using reverse engineered technology.
Snake: So she's a cyborg like Grey Fox...
Meiling: She found out about the invasion, and that most her family was gone, only minutes after she woke up. Even with what the Tasen did, she still wanted to avoid killing them.
Snake: That's very noble, but also very stupid. Her enemies won't hesitate against her just because she's young and outnumbered. Still, I can understand why she'd hesitate.
Meiling: She reminds me of you, Snake.
Snake: How so?
Meiling: You're both so brave, despite the odds. Your only back up is someone speaking through a radio, and you both fight to save the world because you're the only ones who can. Still, she hasn't fought anywhere near as long as you. I'm worried about her.
Snake: ...Maybe I could meet her off the battlefield, just to talk or something.
Meiling: That would be great, Snake. I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

(Final Notes) Great Freeware Game:
This moveset is actually my fourth completed moveset, the third being an original character whom I couldn't enter since I haven't been able to find a picture of. Iji is also my sixth planed moveset, after my completed three and my two planned movesets, Agent J and Metal Sonic. I was going to stick to five for my first contest, but after getting hooked on the freeware game Iji, I couldn't stop thinking about it. The game itself is described by it's creator as "System Shock 2, but in 2D". I emplore all of you to download it and have fun:
http://remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Good luck and have fun everyone. I hope that Make Your Move will continue to exist for a long, long, time.[/Color]

Edits:
(4/30/09): Added flavor quotes to each of the animations, to make it less of a bore to read. Modified Iji's Down Special as suggested by Shake~. Rewrote the overview section to be clearer.

(5/05/09): Modified the colors, the codec, added video of Asha to give a clear vision of how he acts/appears, switched the Down Smash with the Neutral B, and switched to slightly more vauge descriptions of lag time to make it easier to picture, all as suggested by the review. I'll try to replace or 'jazz-up' Iji's more generic attacks when I can.

(5/09/09): Modified Iji's Down B, making it much more different from Zelda's Neutral B and Fox's Down B then before.

(5/31/09): This is really embaressing to admit, but I misspelled Iji's last name. (It's Kataiser, not Kaitaser.) I just noticed it and fixed the mistake. Added links to fan art of Asha. Added the quotes I missed under the animations section.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Iji is very well done. I haven't even heard of the game before, but now I want to try it. Down smash was pretty awesome. Though, some attacks like the down special, felt a bit uninspired, though they did contribute to Iji's overall playstyle.

Good show. Good show indeed.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Wow... if Spadefox hadn't already been one of my heroes, he would be now. Way to go.
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning... or can I not say that because it's based off of a movie quote?
So, out of curiosity, PK-ow, what made you bring up the legal issue now, as opposed to earlier? Was there someething about that set in particular that would make it any more of a copyright infringement than any of these other sets? (Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the set, as it had already been removed by the time I logged in. Pity, as it seems that it was really good.)
Yes, as I said in the other post, using content before it has been published is particularly problematic for their authors. In general.

I was just saying something that maybe Spadefox would want to consider. For that studio.

Um... free rights laws? Spade doesn't need permission for it -- in fact, none of us do! Even if the game companies don't like it, they can't stop us from doing this.
Oooookay.

That's convenient then.

... still don't understand why it's so easy to hate the things I do so much.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Monster has already been published, and is available at the Studio's site. It's just not finished yet. It's basically a Beta, if you want.

And yet you STILL refuse to actually comment on the set. Thank you very much for your constructive feedback. With your help, I will be able to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom