• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
^^^ That

Probably the best answer you'll get to whether or not his grabs are better than MK's. He can set up a ton of things with Dthrow and especially Fthrow, but the damage isn't going to exactly win the game for you. However, Fthrow is pretty easy to string stuff on to, and I'm not even going to go down the list of things you could follow an Fthrow with because I'm sure there are some answers to that question in the Marth guides. I'd say MK has a good advantage over Marth in throws, though.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yeah, pretty much. Except, even then he can predict that unless you mix it up. I hate his Dthrow and Fthrow. Always worried I'm going to get a shuttle loop in the face or an Ftilt.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
MK's throw game is :-/

He has so many options out of his throws, mainly his fthrow and dthrow, and can launch you/set you up for an edgeguard with bthrow and uthrow.

They are better than Marth's for the most part

ViCTORiOUSViC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
vmp5511
i see
and i seen that with MK, the only combo i seen done was the Dthrow and Fthrow to a Fair
while Marth has Fthrow to Fsmash, DB, Fair, and a lot others
you guys are right..MK's is better..which sucks

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
don't forget shuttle loop, ftilt, uair, and tornado if they did a horrible job of DIing it. regardless, it's also the fact alone that most of these options in utility > marth's options usually, as shuttle loop is like the great gimp setup since it hits them for a far-off-the-edge trajectory.

C.box

Smash Journeyman
So yeah... I was playing andyG the other day and well.. how do you guys approach oli? just.... ugh the best I did against him was 2 stock high percentage on lylat but thats it, oli's camp is so ridiculous that it makes me wanna play against camping snakes D:.

Also, the other day I was playing with my friends mk against my wolf and he usually used mach tornado for shield pressure when he was REALLY close so to avoid getting blaster'd and eventually I though of using wolf's shine OoS against it ( I have tap jump off because it feels really different the melee's and I don't like <_< but I made my controller so Y = special so I just press y and x at the same time to Up-b OoS ) Anyways it worked and I was thinkign if there could be any sort of application for counter OoS? (probably not but maybe?)

Also can anyone confirm michael hey's marth chain grabs on fox falco sheik etc with a video or something? Its one of his blogs on AiB and his account is called "Nothing."and I will link you guys if you need me to.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Oli is really annoying. Walk about halfway across the stage to begin until you get just outside his grab range. Pikmin damage is annoying but just jab them off. Then you can either 1) bait the pivot grab or 2) do things like rising FH fairs to avoid getting grabbed. Then, once you hit him, DON'T STOP. Keep hitting him, and go for seriously risky ballsy gimps and **** his butt offstage

And counter OoS is almost useless. It comes out much, much slower than Wolf's shine.

And his little CG thing is found around the boards, I keep forgetting if it works or not lol but I will tell you that I can usually get fthrow, fthrow, dthrow, dthrow, fsmash on fawks. Falco, I can get it sometimes but it might just be human error. Sheik I haven't tried it on

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
No C.box, there is no application of marths counter Oos, sorry
Up-b out of shield is better in almost every way and its safer because at least you can move back and forth when ur floating in the air.

I too would like to know if Mike hey and his crazy chaingrabs work, im pretty skeptical, lol

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Marth's fthrow CG who is he able to do it on and how many times can he do it?

So far I know the spacies Ike d3 dk and sheik. IS there anyone else I'm missing?

@Shaya can you post a vid of that.

@PD did you try a stutter step smash?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Marth can Fthrow cg most characters in the game (at least twice). Between dthrow to fsmash and fthrow to fsmash only a handful of characters DONT get hit. Like Jiggs and stuff.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Marth can Fthrow cg most characters in the game (at least twice). Between dthrow to fsmash and fthrow to fsmash only a handful of characters DONT get hit. Like Jiggs and stuff.

So marth can fthrow fthrow on what portion of the cast? What portion of the cast will lead to a fthrow fthrow tipper fsmash?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Edit: Steel ***** my post xP

But yeah, play a level 1 cpu and you can test it. Dont use training mode for obv reasons.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How 'bout you turn on the game and try it out yourself? Why must we do everything for you?
I don't have anyone to try it on. So I can't get accurate results. I don't trust wifi results either. I'm also at school right now....anymore questions?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I don't have anyone to try it on. So I can't get accurate results. I don't trust wifi results either. I'm also at school right now....anymore questions?
Marth can fthrow cg twice to a stutter stepped fsmash (possibly an usmash) on every character in the game besides like Jiggs, Lucario, Samus, and Peach. Im prolly missing some...(if I am just let me know and Ill edit)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Because characters are stuck in a certain hit stun when fthrown at low percents. Go fthrow a character and try it yourself. You don't need a human.

And don't give me school BS, even if you weren't at school you still wouldn't do it yourself. This isn't the first time you made a post saying, "feed me info so i don't have to do anything." Please, try and make more useful posts.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Because characters are stuck in a certain hit stun when fthrown at low percents. Go fthrow a character and try it yourself. You don't need a human.

And don't give me school BS, even if you weren't at school you still wouldn't do it yourself. This isn't the first time you made a post saying, "feed me info so i don't have to do anything." Please, try and make more useful posts.
Yawn. I asked a quick question so I can get a quick answer. Not get someone's elitist bull **** *** attitude especially so early in the morning.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yawn. I asked a quick question so I can get a quick answer. Not get someone's elitist bull **** *** attitude especially so early in the morning.
Yes, you asked a quick question and got a quick answer. You then went on to ask for specifics a couple times and failed to realize that nobody's got the specifics for every little thing memorized just so they can answer your insipid questions.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I want to ask. Does it really matter when you do the foot stool attack. Do you really have to turn around, Jump, then spike?

In other words. This spike attack. Better yet this youtube video will explain what I'm talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magcZxxaO7I

Now what I'm asking is. Do you have to be backwards to jump on that character's head and while on it's head. Spike him! Or...Her..O.o;.. Just need to understand this better. Cause I often get it correct, but I'm curios.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You just need to footstool into a properly timed dair. The turnaround also leaves the option of the much more practical bair edgeguard.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok guys, let's be nice, I mean this is a Q&A thread after all.

"We don't know yet, testing would be appreciated", is enough IMO.

Anyway, I'll try to do some testing on it in the next couple of days.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I see. They say not to do that to Caption Falcon. XD You'll get Falco punched to death. Lol, but other wise. the jumping needs to be timed right?

So you have to fall down after your enemies? While (Sort of jumping.) Then spike? At least I think that was the last time that person said so on Youtube. (Somewhere in the comments. ) I just want to be clear. Cause at times It's a hassle if timing it right.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Sorry I can't comfort your need for hugs and kisses.

You know what board you're in, right?
I don't want any I just would like to know what characters Marth can CG which ones he can't. Who he can hit with a fthrow>Fsmash or a fthrow>fthrow stutter smash. All this other lip and non sense from you isn't needed nor is it necessary. Also I really don't care what board I'm in you might as well shut down the question and answer thread if your response are going to be like this better yet don't respond to my post.

Yes, you asked a quick question and got a quick answer. You then went on to ask for specifics a couple times and failed to realize that nobody's got the specifics for every little thing memorized just so they can answer your insipid questions.
Okay however such a broad answer doesn't benefit me at all. I still needed to ask another question so I can have it known.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I see. They say not to do that to Caption Falcon. XD You'll get Falco punched to death. Lol, but other wise. the jumping needs to be timed right?

So you have to fall down after your enemies? While (Sort of jumping.) Then spike? At least I think that was the last time that person said so on Youtube. (Somewhere in the comments. ) I just want to be clear. Cause at times It's a hassle if timing it right.
First of all, footstool to dair is not only impractical, but also impossible most of the time because it relies on spacing based on actually footstooling them, which only happens on your side if he's in the middle of an attack. Second of all, you just have to tap jump when you're anywhere near them to get a footstool.

I don't want any I just would like to know what characters Marth can CG which ones he can't. Who he can hit with a fthrow>Fsmash or a fthrow>fthrow stutter smash. All this other lip and non sense from you isn't needed nor is it necessary. Also I really don't care what board I'm in you might as well shut down the question and answer thread if your response are going to be like this better yet don't respond to my post.
You may as well leave if you don't care what board you're in and if you hate his responses better yet just never post so he can't respond.

It's not that hard to get home from school, boot up your Wii, and try out fthrow fthrow on the characters that are relevant. And it's not like you absolutely need to know who gets chaingrabbed while you're still in class.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
First of all, footstool to dair is not only impractical, but also impossible most of the time because it relies on spacing based on actually footstooling them, which only happens on your side if he's in the middle of an attack. Second of all, you just have to tap jump when you're anywhere near them to get a footstool.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks for explaining it better for me. ^_^

Edit: Forgot to say. One thing.

It doesn't matter for caption falcon does it? XD Or that's just a bad rumor that you will get falcon punched just because of spiking him?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You may as well leave if you don't care what board you're in and if you hate his responses better yet just never post so he can't respond.

It's not that hard to get home from school, boot up your Wii, and try out fthrow fthrow on the characters that are relevant. And it's not like you absolutely need to know who gets chaingrabbed while you're still in class.
I'm not going to let someone dictate where I post at. He can stop responding to my post the same way I can leave this board which I wont. I'm not in class right now I'm just at school I have class in a half. It would be nice to know so that I memorize this stuff now. I also don't trust results from a lone CPU.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't conceivably think of any reason why footstooling Captain Falcon would lead to him somehow magically Falcon Punching you, but I wouldn't put it past him and his immense powers of manliness defying reality and pulling it off.

Top Bottom