• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My gosh, he does look like Will Smith. o_o;

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Roarrrrr I do not look like him!!!!....Even though I endlessly get that comparison, not to mention 2 random people at Apex Took pictures with me since they Believed I looked like Will Smith...I just don't see it...

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
If it makes you feel better, Y.b.M., I don't see it either. Your and his noses alone are way too different to make the comparison, let alone other facial features... ya look good, though. :laugh:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Congrats Y.b.M. Even if people say your style of play was unconventional, it still got you the wins you got. I know what they mean by not expecting someone to do something blatantly obvious or foolhardy like F-smashing after a D-air, but it's up to your opponents to avoid it. Your matches sound like they were full of energy and I'm happy hearing how you repped Kirby at Apex.

I can't watch YouTube videos on this computer (for some reason) so I don't know if you have any of your matches with Mew2King up or not. How'd they go and what do you think of the Meta Knight match-up in regards to your matches with him?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
If it makes you feel better, Y.b.M., I don't see it either. Your and his noses alone are way too different to make the comparison, let alone other facial features... ya look good, though. :laugh:
Hahaha no homo....unless you're a girl...but thanks

That's awesome Y.b.m. Did you embarass anyone with swallowciding at the tournament? lol.
as much as i wanted to I didn't...Although I attempted plenty of times...hehe maybe next time...

Congrats Y.b.M. Even if people say your style of play was unconventional, it still got you the wins you got. I know what they mean by not expecting someone to do something blatantly obvious or foolhardy like F-smashing after a D-air, but it's up to your opponents to avoid it. Your matches sound like they were full of energy and I'm happy hearing how you repped Kirby at Apex.

I can't watch YouTube videos on this computer (for some reason) so I don't know if you have any of your matches with Mew2King up or not. How'd they go and what do you think of the Meta Knight match-up in regards to your matches with him?
Thanks a lot....The Most Epic Lines when i went against Anther Was "awww I don't know what to do"...when we were both at like 130%-170%... And when I went against Holynightmare he said "Man I can't do anything"....Hehe. but all the Matches were Exciting...And When I went up against Mew2King...He ***** Me...I didn't stand a chance in Hell...I got DESTROYED...I was Like WOW...I was Crushed...I got 2 stocked the First Match and 3 Stocked the Second Match...I never in my history of Gaming Got beat that Bad while I was actually trying. M2K has Broken Skills. But I must say I expected the Hype around him to be overrated and Went in underestimating him...So that's my own fault. He plays Different from any other MK I've played. He doesn't Spam Anything and uses a variety of tactics...And I must say that he catches on to his opponents playstyle Stupid Quick. I'd Say the Match up is 65/35 in MK's Favor...Even though MK moves has priority over Kirbys it also depends on how patient of a player you are...So i wouldn't say it's a problem For Kirby cause I **** a lot of MK's...I had some in my pool. Next time I play M2K I will be different though...Since I heard he's moving to Ohio...i will be playing Him sooner than Expected. But other than That...I displayed Kirby Love...hehe

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, Mew2King is not overrated. He's really precise and knows exactly what attack to use. I haven't had a chance to play against his Meta Knight since he's on the East Coast, but I'd love to. I hear he's going to Genesis and possibly EVO, so maybe I'll get the chance there. The match-up being around 40-60 or 35-65 sounds about right at this point in the meta game. The only thing Kirby has in the fight is patience and baiting, and I'm sure that's pretty hard to do against Mew2King.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The match-up being around 40-60 or 35-65 sounds about right at this point in the meta game.

I'm starting to here more people say this, (around as low as 40-60). The fact I still have a mind set of saying Meta Knight is even still at this point... am I facing good Meta Knight mains anymore? D=

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
And When I went up against Mew2King...He ***** Me...I didn't stand a chance in Hell...I got DESTROYED...I was Like WOW...I was Crushed...I got 2 stocked the First Match and 3 Stocked the Second Match...I never in my history of Gaming Got beat that Bad while I was actually trying. M2K has Broken Skills. But I must say I expected the Hype around him to be overrated and Went in underestimating him...So that's my own fault. He plays Different from any other MK I've played. He doesn't Spam Anything and uses a variety of tactics...And I must say that he catches on to his opponents playstyle Stupid Quick. I'd Say the Match up is 65/35 in MK's Favor...Even though MK moves has priority over Kirbys it also depends on how patient of a player you are...So i wouldn't say it's a problem For Kirby cause I **** a lot of MK's...I had some in my pool. Next time I play M2K I will be different though...Since I heard he's moving to Ohio...i will be playing Him sooner than Expected. But other than That...I displayed Kirby Love...hehe
Playing m2k is playing someone who knows all the frame data in the game and exactly what you'll do next, apparently D:

I'm starting to here more people say this, (around as low as 40-60). The fact I still have a mind set of saying Meta Knight is even still at this point... am I facing good Meta Knight mains anymore? D=
I think they were discussing the matchup vs m2k xD

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Y.b.M. and t1mmy are referring to the Metaknight MU, not the M2K MU, lol. IDK personally. I haven't gone Kirby vs. a good meta before (I went DK vs. t1mmy's), but looking at frame data and the options, I wouldn't doubt that 60-40 Metaknight was true at the higher levels of play.

Hahaha no homo....unless you're a girl...but thanks

lol! No homo, and I'm not a girl.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Where ARE our higher levels of play?

And if patience brings winning... control yourself...

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Where ARE our higher levels of play?

And if patience brings winning... control yourself...

It comes down to tools and options. Just saying "be patient" doesn't matter because the Metaknight can do the exact same thing with better results than us Kirbys due to the tools they have. Just because you go up against a Metaknight that you can read like a book doesn't mean that your character holds the advantage. Its like the Marth MU discussion all over again...

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I think theres the Meta Knight MU dscussion, and then there's the M2K MU discussion...srsly, he's in his own league of awesomeness, i played him personally once down here in FL...i actually managed to kill him twice each time, thx to a broken shield and a startshot under the stage KO, but i know i got severely outplayed.

I really gotta get to some offlie tournies, i really want to get Kirby up there...i still think he's underrated! I personally have no problems against MK's, its just M2K...anywayz, yea, Good job Y.b.M.! Way to place better than Chu! >_<

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Kirby vs Metaknight is definitely 1 of if not Kirby's worst matchup.

And you can't comprehend the meaning of getting ***** until you play someone like M2K or Shiz in melee.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I've played plenty of Marths. I've played the best Marths in Florida.

Metaknight is way harder than any Marth I've ever played.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I think Kirby is one of MK's closest matchups, and give them most of a challenge. Thats my 2 cents.

Sheer ur in FL? NO WAI! lol which Marths have u played?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah, MK isn't the hardest matchup. Both of our boards have it 45:55...

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
yea, MK only has an advantage for his priority, a bit longer range, and the laglessness (is that a word?) of his moves. Otherwise, Kirby keeps up w/ MK pretty well, considering the rest of Brawl's cast

Lovely

Smash Lord
You has not met :marth:
♣ 氷クライマー? ♥

♣ Also, I don't find Meta Knight all too hard when I play him as Kirby, I don't see how it's a bad match up, only semi bad like 45/55 because of his range and speed. ♥

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well you guys are welcome to your opinions. I don't bash people's opinions on here unlike a lot of people do to me.

But the top Metaknights I've played are soooo much harder than the top Marths I've played. That is my experience.

And yah I live in Florida. I've played Chaz, HRNut, and other Marths. Not much but enough to know the matchup is a hell of a lot easier for me than metaknight. I'd rather play a Marth main's Marth than their metaknight lol.

§leepy God

Smash Master
You are right about high level Meta Knight's being harder to play than high level Marth's with Kirby. Meta Knight has more tricks up his sleeves than Marth can pull out of his sword. It's best to ask the high level Meta Knight mains is high level Kirby main hard to play against.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Well you guys are welcome to your opinions. I don't bash people's opinions on here unlike a lot of people do to me.

But the top Metaknights I've played are soooo much harder than the top Marths I've played. That is my experience.

And yah I live in Florida. I've played Chaz, HRNut, and other Marths. Not much but enough to know the matchup is a hell of a lot easier for me than metaknight. I'd rather play a Marth main's Marth than their metaknight lol.
Sheer knows what he's talking about the fight vs marth feels harder but once you get next to him its very easy, against mk though he's a ***** far away and close up. i feel what he means as i play kirby as well

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
HRNUT has broken a lot of shields.

I 3-stocked a Marth in my pool at the last tourney...last stock ended with a kirbyshieldbreaker, and then I fully charged Fsmash to kill him at like 61% over halfway across Final Destination.

It was pretty lol...if I recall, I didn't even angle the Fsmash downward.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I play both Kirby and MK, so I know the MK match up really well, MK does have the advantage, but Kirby can still keep up. Tornado doesn't mess up Kirby so much, and Stone goes through MK's up+B and tornado. It's too hard to give this match up a ratio, because it can be played in so many different ways. Using stone as an edge guard is what really helps me in the MK match up. And ALWAYS run away, dodge, jump etc when Kirby is in MK's downsmash range, most MK's like to walk/run up, shield, drop shield and d-smash.

You have to think like an MK player to know what to do against him. lol. Fortunately, I dual main both.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
MK's Glide Attack can out prioritize Stone. -_-

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I love it when you Dair a MK, footstool him, and then you can't edgehog him because Drill Rush is absolutely ********. -_-

Calibur, I once hit a Stone on the middle/upper corner of Tornado, and it went through. It did those little white circle clanking animations, and it barely slowed the Tornado down. Then again, just yesterday I Faired the edge of a Tornado, and it canceled it out and caused him to buffer a Drill Rush. Tornado is such a stupid move. You will not Stone through a Tornado against a smart MK.

Kirby can beat Shuttle Loop pretty easily. Just Bair, or if you're higher up and you see it coming, Dair. Stone works as well.

I keep making long posts and then deleting them, so I'll just leave this like it is.
I will say this: MK has the clear advantage. But your opponents are human and make mistakes, so you can definitely win it.
I know the MKs can say the same thing...

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
MK's Glide Attack can out prioritize Stone. -_-
Really? Stone is a long lasting hit box when glide attack isn't. From a certain angle maybe glide attack might out prioritize it.

Asdioh: Ding ding, you are correct. The stone has to hit MK's body part of the tornado, it can't hit the sides, otherwise it will just clank.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Really? Stone is a long lasting hit box when glide attack isn't. From a certain angle maybe glide attack might out prioritize it.
I dont think theres a move in the game that outprioritizes glide attack. except maybe grabbing type moves.

From my experience MK is just literally invincible while using it. Like, if MK uses glide attack right as mario fairs him in the back, mk wont get hurt. same deal with kirby's stone. At least I think this is how it works.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Asdioh: Ding ding, you are correct. The stone has to hit MK's body part of the tornado, it can't hit the sides, otherwise it will just clank.
The stone hitbox SHOULD extend far enough to hit him, but it doesn't. I'm guessing mk's hurtbox shrinks right before he's about to get hit or something >.>

Question of the day: how did sakurai NOT see how broken mk was in development?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Question of the day: how did sakurai NOT see how broken mk was in development?
Seeing how he wasn't trying to make this game competitive, he couldn't possibility see it and the fact that items basically make the game a random chance of winning is also the key factor.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So, I rarely get online anymore, so I want to congratulate YbM on generally ruining people's **** at Apex! GJ son! GOD KAIS!

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
The thing about Kirby's game is that u have to play SMART. This means waiting for the opponent, MK or not, to slip up and make a mistake, and use Kirby's quick abilities to capitalize on it. Especially against a good MK, a Kirby cannot just bullrush into a battle, he will get unnecessarily hit or killed easily. Watch ur opponent, take ur eyes off of ur movements for a while, and predict their movements...when it comes down to it, most MKs have the same movement patterns...d-throw->f-air or dash attack...Shuttle Loop->land, d-smash.

Kirby's nature proves that he benefits more from observing and punishing rather than striaght-up fighting, and it will save ur *** alot more >_<

Try it out next time, see how well u do in surviving and killing ur opponent easier.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't see how the matchup with Meta Knight could be anything better than 40-60 without some new strategies or techniques coming in an shaking things up. Yes, the Kirby can win by out-smarting and out-playing the Meta Knight, but that has nothing to do with character match-ups; that is about the players.

When you see that Meta Knight is simply a better version of Kirby in nearly all respects, then it's very easy to see the matchup shift by 10 percent. 60-40 is a winnable match-up, it's not impossible. And for those of you who think that just because you beat your local Meta Knights (or come close to beating them), that's not enough to say the match-up is 50-50 or 45-55. Think of the characters, their abilities, their advantages, thier limitation, disadvantages, etc. If you're not looking at the top Meta Knight players when thinking of these things, then you're not recognizing the overall match-up in the current meta game, nor will you be able to advance Kirby's match-up beyond the current knowledge.

Top Bottom