• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Metal Man was a cool move set. He had some really fun and cretive moves like the Nair and DTilt.

As for Metal Blade, I felt it was broken at first, but upon reading it again, it's basically just Fox's blaster but aimable and dealing less damage. So the move gets a pass from me.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Metal Man!! Xp

I’m really liking his playstyle, focusing on stage control & having very few KO moves. There are a few moves where I think you need a bit more info, specifically the side special and the forward smash. Exactly how much knockback can the side special deal? You say it depends on how fast the metal ball is swinging, but it would be good to know how strong it can get. For the forward smash, what exactly do the pistons look like? You could have linked a pic or even a youtube vid of Metal man’s stage. It’s not really needed, but it would be really nice to know.

For the neutral special, I fear that its overpowered. What are the chances that Metal man will actually run out of ammo with 112 blades? I think you should either decrease the amount of blades he can fire, take away the power-up/ammo refill, or both. Also, you say that Metal man doesn’t have good recovery, but his up special recovery doesn’t seem as terrible as you say next to his recovery stat. The down tilt… seems broken. Not only are the conveyer belts indestructible, there’s no limit on how many he can set down, AND there’s not even a large amount of lag on the move. Something needs to be changed; you should add some more lag, make the conveyer belts destructible place or set a limit on how many can be set.

& my final concern. I honestly think he has TOO many stage controlling moves. Almost every one of his moves is a projectile or creates a stage controlling device; it could get crazy pretty quickly, being compounded by the fact that they generally don’t have a lot of lag.

But overall. The string of awesome robot master sets continues. Metal man is a great set, an awesome set for a newcomer (but you’re not a newcomer… not really. :p ). His down special is one of the coolest moves ever, and a ton of his moves are nostalgic as hell. I’m looking forward to your next set plorf… AWESOME job. Anyway… *listens to metalman remix* O.o

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Personally, while I think the Metal Blades are a little broken, has anyone actually thought about the Down B? Double the effect of tripling your weight is equal to sextrupling it. That would give Metal Man a 48/10 in the weight category, and if we take Bowser as having a ten in weight, that's almost five times Bowser's weight! Most characters don't have the power to K.O. that beast. Sure, it slows you down and makes it nearly impossible to recover, but with that weight, you're going nowhere fast, so the recovery isn't that big of a deal, and you've got a pretty good range, especially for damage racking, so you don't need to get in too close. Needless to say, it seems a bit broken to me.

Nonetheless, I love the moveset, but I think you may want to fix that, especially since it is otherwise a permanent effect.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Metal Man!! Xp

I’m really liking his playstyle, focusing on stage control & having very few KO moves. There are a few moves where I think you need a bit more info, specifically the side special and the forward smash. Exactly how much knockback can the side special deal? You say it depends on how fast the metal ball is swinging, but it would be good to know how strong it can get. For the forward smash, what exactly do the pistons look like? You could have linked a pic or even a youtube vid of Metal man’s stage. It’s not really needed, but it would be really nice to know.
The side special can probably deal about as much as Charizard's Rock Smash at full swing. The pistons in the forward smash look like the ones in the background of this. You know, both of those were things that I thought of.

For the neutral special, I fear that its overpowered. What are the chances that Metal man will actually run out of ammo with 112 blades? I think you should either decrease the amount of blades he can fire, take away the power-up/ammo refill, or both. Also, you say that Metal man doesn’t have good recovery, but his up special recovery doesn’t seem as terrible as you say next to his recovery stat. The down tilt… seems broken. Not only are the conveyer belts indestructible, there’s no limit on how many he can set down, AND there’s not even a large amount of lag on the move. Something needs to be changed; you should add some more lag, make the conveyer belts destructible place or set a limit on how many can be set.
You know, I did realize it is overpowered, but that's what staying true to the game gets you. xD
I wasn't sure how to nerf the recovery, but I think I should make the jump smaller. Yes, the conveyor belts are indestructible, but you are every bit affected by them as the enemy. You're just controlling the direction. Though a time limit may have to be put in place.

& my final concern. I honestly think he has TOO many stage controlling moves. Almost every one of his moves is a projectile or creates a stage controlling device; it could get crazy pretty quickly, being compounded by the fact that they generally don’t have a lot of lag.
Yes, I wasn't sure how to get around that. I went with what I thought of, and I thought of stage control/projectile moves. I thought that since his playstyle revolves around stage control, he should have quite a good bit of moves like that.

But overall. The string of awesome robot master sets continues. Metal man is a great set, an awesome set for a newcomer (but you’re not a newcomer… not really. :p ). His down special is one of the coolest moves ever, and a ton of his moves are nostalgic as hell. I’m looking forward to your next set plorf… AWESOME job. Anyway… *listens to metalman remix* O.o
Thanks, your criticism was genuinely helpful. I'm looking forward to making another set too, though I'm still working on the balance. :bee: His down special is one of the coolest moves ever, but...

Personally, while I think the Metal Blades are a little broken, has anyone actually thought about the Down B? Double the effect of tripling your weight is equal to sextrupling it. That would give Metal Man a 48/10 in the weight category, and if we take Bowser as having a ten in weight, that's almost five times Bowser's weight! Most characters don't have the power to K.O. that beast. Sure, it slows you down and makes it nearly impossible to recover, but with that weight, you're going nowhere fast, so the recovery isn't that big of a deal, and you've got a pretty good range, especially for damage racking, so you don't need to get in too close. Needless to say, it seems a bit broken to me.

Nonetheless, I love the moveset, but I think you may want to fix that, especially since it is otherwise a permanent effect.
It's broken. I'm glad you noticed, and I know it too, but I wasn't sure how to get around it. It has all the disadvantages, and the right ratios, but somewhere along the line it's better than a normal Metal Box. Perhaps I should make attacking impossible while in that state. That way, you won't keep it on forever.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I still wanna know how Metal Blades is broken/overpowered when it deals no knockback or hitstun, and only 1%. It's a weaker version of Fox's blaster, except it can be aimed. Oh, and it has ammo, so it has 2 drawbacks vs Fox's blaster. Sheesh, sometimes I wonder how many people in MYM have actually played Brawl when they make balance assesments. >_>

Now, the Down B on the other hand, is pretty rediculous, for the reason Phatcat mentioned about weight. So, that I can agree with.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm looking specifically at the N-Spec, and I have to agree with HR. No knockback or hitstun, just a rapid-firing projectile. Consider this as well: the only way you'll be able to spam this move very well is if you're firing straight ahead. Given the small window of time there is to change the direction, I think it's safe to say it wouldn't be nearly as easy to spam the attack diagonally. Besides, if you're proficient enough in dodging/blocking it, you could potentially run Metal Man right out of ammo. He's gotta hit you twenty times before he even has the possibility of getting a refill, so...

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Since about all the who-har about the neutral special, I have to say it's UNDERPOWERED!

Ivysaurs neutral B can do a maxinum of 72%, apply that an extra 40%, with the addition of anglying, but at a price of NO HIT-STUN OR KNOCKBACK! And you'll lose energy units and not able to use it again if you don't get that energy unit. People can Roll spam, enter the air (Ever tried Ness Pk-firing diagonally downwards in the air) and dodge it. Seems useless to me!

This is hard to balance, keep it the same it's under-powered, add hit-stun (even the tiniest bit) and it would be broken. I think that to make it fair is to increase or remove the limit of Blades he can throw.

And can't the Down-b just be 1.4 times heavier than normal? The same as a metal box? Maybe even a tad lighter than that, for fairness shake. So it's pretty much similar to the Metal Box?

More to read later.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
lol ~ all this talk about the neutral special...

I think I misinterpreted the whole refill thing; if you have to hit opponents with 20 blades in order to even have a chance to refill, then it probably is underpowered. What are the chances that you'll actually be able to hit them with 20 blades? I'd say pretty slim. My suggestion would be to lower the amount of blades you have to hit them with to get a refill, I'd say like 10. Or, you could bump the damage that the blades do up to 2%.

as for the down special, I don't know how I missed that it said MM would essentially have X6 WEIGHT. That's.... really broken. It shouldn't make him anywhere near that heavy. I'll go ahead and second DFM's suggestion for it. :bee:

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I should buff it to 2% xD ... or maybe hitstun? Hmm.
You know, I believe I said that you have to deal a certain amount of damage WITHOUT using the Metal Blade to get ammo back. That way you don't spam it so much.

I was thinking of how to balance the down special: That's tough. I realized that the Metal Box effect does not scale well, similar to how if you double the recipe for something, it ends up being way too spicy.
It would make sense for him to not be able to attack, but would that balance it?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Maybe I should buff it to 2% xD ... or maybe hitstun? Hmm.
You know, I believe I said that you have to deal a certain amount of damage WITHOUT using the Metal Blade to get ammo back. That way you don't spam it so much.

I was thinking of how to balance the down special: That's tough. I realized that the Metal Box effect does not scale well, similar to how if you double the recipe for something, it ends up being way too spicy.
It would make sense for him to not be able to attack, but would that balance it?
well... I believe I just failed epically. :ohwell:

you did say that. I blame kibble for confusing me :p

anyhow, if thats the case, then I don't think it is underpowered. It IS overpowered though. I'd say decreasing the ammo would be the best option, like I said before getting all confused-like. xd

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget stale move negation.
Though I agree that the down special, in hindsight, is overpowered. I think what I'll do is make him unable to attack while using it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
well... I believe I just failed epically. :ohwell:

you did say that. I blame kibble for confusing me :p

anyhow, if thats the case, then I don't think it is underpowered. It IS overpowered though. I'd say decreasing the ammo would be the best option, like I said before getting all confused-like. xd
I blame Kibble as well. Kibble confused me. :dizzy:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
CHAPTER 2 – SONS OF LIBERTY: PART 2

This is where reading the first part in advance pays off so you don’t have to read the entire thing at once. Just as a reminder, the cutoff point for the first part was after the Harrier boss.

Represented authors:
-Sakurai
-MasterWarlord
-UserShadow7989
-Smashdaddy
-Kholdstare
-Sundance
-Kitsuneko345
-SirKibble
-MarthTrinity
-SkylerOcon
-Plorf

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Fake Man is going to be my next set. I've already started formatting. It's a joint set with goldwyvern, though this one isn't going quite as well as Heat Man... I promise it will be more balanced this time! :bee:
Anyway, just thought I'd make it official. And also, MT, you can post your set now.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Bubble, bubble, bubble...​

Azumarill joins the Brawl!

| Information |

Azumarill is a Water type Pokemon from the Gold/Silver/Crystal version of Pokemon. Azumarill is also the evolved form of one of the first Pokemon revealed from said generation of Pokemon, Marill. Despite being a rather underused Water Pokemon but most likely one of the more recognizable ones. In the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald generation, Azumarill was made a third stage evolution with the creation of Azurill.

According to the Pokedex, Azumarill can make balloons out of air, allowing it to breath underwater indefinitely as well as help other Pokemon breath too. Another key note pointed out in the Pokedex is how Azumarill’s long ears are excellent sensors; by using them, it can identify what is in even the most rapid of rivers.

| Stats |

Size: 4/10
Being only two and a half feet in game, Azumarill is obviously not going to be the tallest Pokemon. Fortunately, he’s no shrimp and stands a bit taller than Pikachu.

Weight: 4/10
A whopping sixty-three pounds leaves Azumarill slightly below average when it comes to weight, he’s clearly no heavyweight, but he’s not the lightest character by a fair bit.

Walking Speed: 3/10
Azumarill’s a rotund little guy so he slowly waddles along as he walks. A pretty slow walk all in all.

Running Speed: 7/10
With some weight and momentum behind him, Azumarill can book when he actually gets moving! He’s no Sonic, but he can run circles around Ganondorf.

Traction: 5/10
Azumarill acts like a fish…er…aquarabbit out of water when he’s on land, his traction is less than stellar meaning he’ll slip quite a bit…

Power: 6/10
A powerhouse Azumarill is not, fortunately he’s got some KO potential and a great attack speed as well as some particularly damaging attacks…although those ones are usually more high risk.

Attack Speed: 7/10
The real highlight of Azumarill’s stats; most of Azumarill’s attacks are really fast and excellent for their combo potential.

Range: 6/10
Stubby little arms and legs mean that Azumarill’s physical attacks aren’t much to write home about, but he fortunately makes up for that with numerous projectiles.

Priority: 5/10
Lots of disjointed hitboxes make priority a treat for Azumarill, unfortunately his lackluster range interferes with the effectiveness…

First Jump: 6/10
Well he IS an aquarabbit, hence, like a normal video game rabbit, his jumping is exceptional.

Second Jump: 7/10
Another great jump for Azumarill, really the highlight of Azumarill’s stats…well, besides the attack speed of course.

Recovery: 4/10
Kind of lackluster considering his impressive jumping strength…the main reason it’s so low is because of how easy it is to gimp!

Fall Speed: 5/10
He’s got some fat on him so he falls slightly faster than most lightweights, fortunately he’s still light enough to avoid plummeting

Crouch: 4/10
A decent crouch but it doesn’t do much to reduce his height…he’s still quite a lump when ducked down.

Crawl: No
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Hover: No
Glide: No

| Animations |

Basic Pose
Azumarill stands in place, bouncing on his heels slightly so as to keep constant motion.

Idle Pose
Azumarill glances back then looks forward and swings his tail with him. He grabs the ball on his tail and stares at it for a moment before releasing it.

Walking Pose
Azumarill slowly waddles along hands on his tummy as he walks.

Running Pose
Azumarill leans backwards, running with his arms in the air, his tail bobbing on the ground behind him as he runs.

Dashing Pose
Azumarill grabs his ears and pulls them down over his eyes as he runs full-bore, his tail still bobbing behind him.

Crouching
Azumarill ducks down and pulls his ears down over his eyes. For whatever reason, his tail sticks straight up.

Jump 1
Azumarill kicks both feet into the ground and springs upwards a bit. He then drives his tail into the ground and flies up even higher.

Jump 2
Azumarill sticks his tail beneath him and springs off of it, gaining additional height. He then flaps his arms and kicks his feet at the end, attempting to get a bit more height but ultimately failing.

Shield
Azumarill pulls his ears down over his eyes and puts his tail before him, shaking a tad bit as the bubble shield forms around him.

Forward Roll
Azumarill tucks his ears down and rolls forward, similar to his dash attack.

Backward Roll
Azumarill hops backwards a few steps, fairly long distance for a back roll.

Side-step Dodge
Azumarill seems to fall backwards, balancing on one foot before regaining his balance and stepping back into the field of play.

Air Dodge
Azumarill spins in place…probably the one real graceful thing he does actually!

Swimming
Azumarill chugs along at a respectable pace…well he BETTER! He IS only a water Pokemon after all…

Drowning
Speaking of which…how does a water Pokemon manage to drown itself? Well fortunately Azumarill, unlike a certain other water Pokemon, can’t drown because of his tail acting like a buoy.

Dizzy
Azumarill rises to his tiptoes and rocks in small circles, his ears drooped over his face.

Asleep
Azumarill flops over, his belly rising and falling as he snores slightly.

| Specials |

Neutral B: Waterfall
Azumarill crouches down and squats for as long as you hold the button. When you release the B button, Azumarill shoots straight into the air, riding a large waterfall upwards! Only Azumarill actually causes damage, the waterfall itself only causes foes to bounce weakly off of it. Excellent as an edgeguard, the only real downside here is the fact that Azumarill enters a freefall upon reaching the tip of the jump (which goes about as high as Fox’s up B). The move can’t actually be charged to increase damage or distance, holding the button only makes him hold the position.

However…it IS a waterfall…if used in the air, Azumarill will shoot straight down whilst riding a smaller wave of water. This acts kind of like Piplup’s water attack; trapping them beneath it as Azumarill falls; yes, this move can also be used to Azumacide.

Notes:When used on the ground, this move is a quite a bit of start up lag and causes Azumarill to enter a freefall once he’s reached the peak of the jump. This move is great for edgeguarding as previously mentioned. If Azumarill hits the opponent directly, it’ll cause moderate diagonal/upward knockback.

As for the aerial version, it has slightly less beginning lag but obviously can’t be used to edgeguard like the grounded one. It also suffers from similar (albeit lesser) end lag than the standard version. Trapping foes beneath Azumarill is the main purpose of this version of the attack as it does little to no knockback. (Ground: 12%, Aerial: 8%)

Side B: Icy Wind
Azumarill breathes in deeply before exhaling a guest of…what else? Icy wind, duh! The closer the opponent is to Azumarill, the higher chance of being frozen they’ll receive! If not too close to Azumarill however, this attack will land multiple weaker hits against the foe. And…because it IS an icy wind…if it touches any water based attacks (yes, even Azumarill’s own attacks), it’ll freeze them solid.

Notes: A prime use for this move is to help protect Azumarill against projectile spammers. If you use Aqua Ring, leap out and then freeze it before it splashes away, you can effectively create a shield between Azumarill and your opponents! Or…if you’re fighting another Azumarill, freeze their Aqua Ring before they can jump out of it! Excellent way to gimp their recovery! Otherwise, just use it as a straight up attack method, it’s great for adding some additional damage as potentially freezing them! (2% per hit, hits up to 8 times)

Up B: Aqua Ring
Azumarill inhales and then sprays a sphere of water around him, incasing himself in the middle! But wait…how does this work as a recovery? Basic swimming mechanics in Brawl for the win! Azumarill swims to the top of the sphere instantly and from there can use ONE of his jumps to leap back to the stage! Although be warned…Aqua Ring DOES follow the basic principle of gravity; as soon as you use the move, the bottom part of it will begin to pour away! Make your jump quick and make it count!

Notes: Aqua Ring will stay around for about a second and a half before it falls apart, so you’ll want to jump out quickly and make your recovery count! Of course, you can always use this one and a half seconds to jump out and freeze the Aqua Ring, creating a shield between you and your foe. Unfortunately if you do this, you limit your own recovery as only one Aqua Ring can be on stage per Azumarill at a time…it also takes four seconds for the Aqua Ring to thaw out…so make sure you can last four seconds without one! (0%)

Down B: Swagger
In the Pokemon games, Swagger increases the opponent’s attack power greatly but also confuses them! In Smash, this same general concept applies. When near an opponent (within one Bowser width of them), you can use Azumarill’s down B attack providing the opponent is facing you. When down B is pressed, Azumarill puffs himself up a bit and then goes back to regular size. If the move was successful, your opponent will turn red. What this does is greatly increase their attack power by ½! But…why would you want an attack that increases an opponent’s strength? Because it also “confuses” them! When confused, one of a variety of effects could happen to an opponent…

They could have their controls reversed for five seconds!
Or maybe they start to trip a whole lot for eight?
Or…maybe the opponent’s specials and neutral attacks switch button inputs for seven seconds? A = B and vice-versa?
Or…or…how about any items they happen to pick up for the next fifteen seconds backfire on them…timers slow them down, hammers all become squeaky, Mega Mushrooms shrink you, who knows?!

Notes: I know. And all of the above are potential effects of Swagger. Now…let’s dissect Swagger a bit more okay? After your opponent is hit once with the attack, no, their attack power will not increase by ½ each other time they’re hit by Swagger. They DO however keep the boosted attack bonus until they’re KO’d, so Swagger can be a double-edged sword if you’re not careful…

Swagger comes out quite quickly, however it does suffer from some end lag. It’s highly recommended that you don’t spam this attack…you’re likely to be countered quite hard with a powered up smash attack if you keep trying to confuse the foe. An interesting tactic in team play would be to use Swagger on your partner and then guard them until the confusion effect wears off… (0%)

| Standard Attacks |

A Combo: Tail Whip
Azumarill spins about and begins swinging his tail wildly about from right to left as he covers his eyes with his paws. Like Captain Falcon’s A combo, this attack can also be used infinitely; so long as the button is pressed, Azumarill will continue to swing his tail about

Notes: A very fast multi-hitting jab attack with no KO potential, this move is however excellent for racking up some quick damage against foes. Unfortunately, the priority for this attack is very low…but it does have the relatively decent range due to it being Azumarill’s lengthy tail being used to attack the foe. (2%)

Side Tilt: Bubble Beam
Azumarill sprays a jet of bubbles out of his mouth in large quantities. Opponents hit by this will take minimum damage and flinching knockback…fortunately it’s excellent for stopping approaches.

Notes: Several glancing blows make up the entirety of this attack. While they may not do much damage separately, they do hit in great numbers (up to ten hits) although it’s rare to hit an opponent with all ten bubbles. The ideal use for this attack is to stop powerful attacks that may be coming from the side. With minimal start up lag and a little bit of end lag, this move is excellent for keeping opponents off your back. (2% per hit, hits up to 10 times)

Up Tilt: Ice Punch
Azumarill looks up as both his paws turn an icy blue. He then jabs wildly into the air thrice, alternating left, right, left. After this, he lowers his arms again and they turn back to the regular color. If sweetspotted, Azumarill can freeze the opponent solid for the average frozen period of time.

Notes: As Azumarill’s paws turn blue, you can see a slight icy point form to them. If your opponent is hit by that point, they’ll be frozen solid for a short period of time. Other than that, this move can hit up to three times (although the likelihood of that happening is slim). Does moderate knockback for the final punch, but any of the punches can freeze an opponent, the first two however just cause minor knockback. (4% for first two punches, 6% for last)

Down Tilt: Defense Curl
Azumarill crouches down and covers it’s ears. This attack does absolutely no damage but reduces knockback from attacks to nothing as well as reducing the amount of damage Azumarill would’ve taken from the attack by half. Unfortunately, the opponent can still grab Azumarill and the attack DOES have a bit of ending lag…spam this attack and you’ll end up paying for it.

Notes: Defense Curl is Azumarill’s prime defense against heavy hitters, most notably the dreaded Ike/Snake side smashes and the Falcon Pawnch. While those are easy enough to dodge, we all get in those situations sometimes where we just fall into a stupid trap. THAT is when you activate your down tilt. Sure you’ll still take some damage, but it’s better than being KO’d. The move lasts about as long as Marth’s counter and suffers from a tiny bit of end lag, enough that if you spam it, you’ll end up getting a charged smash to the face when it wears off… (0%)

Dash Attack: Rollout
Whilst dashing, Azumarill trips forward and rolls a fair distance (slightly shorter than Fox’s side B, his body rolled up almost into a perfect sphere (besides its oblong ears of course). Oddly enough, this attack is actually one of the more unique moves in the game. True to Pokemon, the more times Rollout hits in a row, the more damage (and by association knockback) it does! Unfortunately this means that it starts out rather weak…

Notes: Hitting with this attack consecutive times is the ONLY way to increase its damage and knockback. While starting off very weak damage and knockback wise, it eventually climaxes with some nasty damage and knockback…unfortunately, that’s only if you can land a certain amount of attacks in a row. The maximum this attack can do is 24% and you can only achieve this after hitting with five consecutive Rollouts. At five consecutive attacks, this attack will do medium knockback as opposed to the weak knockback it normally does. With a relatively quick attack speed, you can easily get the hits you need in…but it can easily be seen coming if used from too far away; Azumarill will only move at his run speed, even if he was dashing when he used it. (4% originally, maximum of 24% with five consecutive hits)

| Smash Attacks |

Side Smash: Double-Edge
Azumarill jumps up and down while the attack charges. When the smash is released, Azumarill hurls himself forward, crashing into the opponent with the full force of his body! Unfortunately he put a little TOO much effort into this one…if he hits, he’ll suffer 4% damage to himself.

Notes: Azumarill’s prime KO move but also a risky one at that. While it may not have much start up lag, if the attack misses, Azumarill will fall onto his belly and be vulnerable for about 1/4th of a second. Overall the attack is fairly quick and has good range (he jumps forward about the distance of Fox’s side smash). While the 4% damage to yourself may seem irritating, it won’t really interfere much with Azumarill’s overall gameplay. (Uncharged: 15%, Charged: 21%)

Up Smash: Rain Dance
Azumarill does the dance you’ve probably seen quite a few times throughout this set as a cloud forms above him! When the button is released, it lets out a down pour of rain directly above Azumarill, landing multiple flinching hits against the foe as Azumarill covers his head with his paws. The longer you charge the attack, the higher up the rain cloud goes meaning you can more effectively hit multiple opponents. At maximum charge, it’ll reach to the top of the screen. At minimum, it’ll reach about a Bowser’s height above him.

Notes: Another great multi-hitting attack for Azumarill, this one comes with a bit of start up lag as Azumarill dances and leaves him vulnerable until the attacks duration ends (which lasts about a second and a half worth of rain). With excellent range and excellent damage potential, this is a great move for slowing down aerial foes! (1% per hit, hits up to 20 times)

Down Smash: Double Team
Azumarill pulls its ears down over its eyes while charging this attack. Once released, two images of Azumarill slide out from where Azumarill is standing as if they were tobogganing. The images are what actually do the damage here…but there’s a little trick to this attack. If you release the smash while the control stick is pointing straight down, the center Azumarill will be the real deal…but if you tilt it diagonally down left or right, one of the “image” Azumarill’s will actually be the real one! Perfect for setting up some weird mind games!

Notes: While not entirely damaging, this move is excellent for setting up mindgames. If your opponent’s on one side, Double Team away from them. Want to get closer while keeping them guessing? Double Team away! The attack itself does medium side ways knockback and the images travel out about a stage builder block away. Minor lag on the start up but some bad lag on the ending, especially if you’re one of the Azumarill’s that slid. (Uncharged: 12%, Charged: 19%)

| Aerials |

Neutral Air: Frustration
Azumarill seems to be quite fed up with all the fighting! With this button command, Azumarill starts thrashing about, wriggling violently while punching and kicking in all directions.

Notes: While not exactly the most reliable of all moves, Frustration works exactly like it should; as an effective “get away from me” move. The range is fairly short considering as previously mentioned, Azumarill’s got stubby arms and legs. Fortunately it makes up for the lack of range with almost no start up or ending lag. Medium-low knockback and weak damage however keep this from being a reliable KO move. (6%)

Forward Air: Giga Impact
Azumarill suddenly gains a random burst of power out of seemingly nowhere, sending him flying forward at a rapid speed! Like Double-Edge, this is sort of an all or nothing attack; if Azumarill misses he’ll be incredibly vulnerable to retaliation…but if he misses while off stage…you may have just wasted a stock…

Notes: Be positively sure you can hit with this attack before attempting it! If you miss, Azumarill will hit the ground and have about ¾’s of a second lag and he climbs to his feet and pants a bit. If this does hit however, it’ll do some nice damage and medium high knockback…plus…if you absolutely needed to, you could always risk getting smashed away and attempt to use it for a bit of extra horizontal recovery. While flying forward, Azumarill goes about as far as Diddy’s side B before hitting the ground. (18%)

Back Air: Aqua Tail
What appears to be a whirlpool forms on Azumarill’s tail! He then spins around and hits the foe with his now watery tail, inflicting multiple minor hits! The added whirlpool effect also lengthens the range of Azumarill’s tail by a good bit making it an effectively ranged multi-hitting attack!

Notes: Because Azumarill has to spin around in order to use this attack, it has a small bit of start up lag. Fortunately the end lag is next to none to contrast this! With nice range and decent damage racking ability, this attack will be exceptionally useful for either racking up extra damage or stopping an aggressive aerial foe with its flinching knockback. (3% per hit, hits 4 times max)

Up Air: Hydro Pump
Azumarill looks directly above him and sends a powerful blast of water upwards about the distance of Ganondorf. Unfortunately, this is a pretty powerful attack for such a small aquarabbit! When used, it’ll also send Azumarill DOWNWARDS about the distance of Mario!

Notes: A great KO move although one that’s kind of risky. This has the potential to really screw up your air game if used too closely to the ground or if used over the edge where you can’t recover. Little ending lag but a slight bit of start up lag means you can still attempt to recover after using it…if only you had something to stop the falling…like say…water? (17%)

Down Air: Iron Tail
Azumarill’s tail suddenly appears as though it were made of steel! In one swift movement, Azumarill’s tail shoots straight down, spiking foes unfortunate enough to be hit by it.

Notes: A great spike, albeit not a 0% killer, Azumarill’s down air doesn’t come without a bit of starting lag and a range that’s only a tad bit longer than Ness’ down air. Only by predicting one step ahead of your opponent can you use this to effectively and consistently spike foes down. (10%)

| Grabs and Throw |

Grab: Azumarill reach forward and grabs the foe…with his ears?! Yeah, it’s a little weird but I suppose it makes sense considering how short his arms are…
Pummel: Belly Bounce- Azumarill bounces into his foe with his rather large belly. Rather slow but capable of dealing some nice damage.

Notes: As previously mentioned, it’s not the fastest pummel around but it can do some good damage while it lasts. (4%)

Forward Throw: Ice Beam
Azumarill, while still holding onto the foe with his ears, blasts them at point blank range with a powerful Ice Beam attack. The Ice Beam is SO powerful, it freezes the foe solid…unfortunately, Azumarill forgot to let go of them first! Frozen fast to the foe, Azumarill can either walk around slowly (opening up doors for possible Azumacides), or proceed to use his pummel to rack up some additional damage!

Notes: The prime use for this move is to add up some quick damage against your opponent with even MORE pummel attacks. While you CAN Azumacide with it, the sheer weight of a frozen foe with tug you straight down with them (by the ears no less, ouch!) meaning zero chance for recovery. Be careful how much you use this attack however, when your opponent breaks out of the ice, Azumarill will be stunned for a moment and reel back, this is the time when your opponent is going to want to swat you away so you can’t chain-freeze them. If frozen, wriggle the control stick until you break free of the ice fortunately there’s no knockback so you can easily smash Azumarill away. Time frozen is slightly longer than it is when hit with the Freezie item. (9%)

Upward Throw: DynamicPunch
Ducking down, Azumarill launches a powerful uppercut straight into the foe’s jaw, launching them straight into the air. Using his super bunny powers, Azumarill leaps up after the foe and kicks them straight down with a powerful blow, yeah, he goes all Super Saiyan on them. Once the foe hits the ground, they fly back up a small way. Excellent set up for an aerial assault.

Notes: Another throw intended for damage dealing rather than KO’ing. This one sets up for Azumarill’s impressive air game. Use it often as an excellent set up for a combo! (11%)

Downward Throw: Bunny Bounce
Azumarill springs upwards and lands on the opponent’s head! He then begins to hop up and down, driving the opponent into the ground a ways before leaping off. All in all he jumps on them four times before leaping back. The opponent then pops out of the ground at the end of the attack.

Notes: A good throw for damaging but provides very little in the department of knockback. Fortunately it’ll serve its purpose by boosting up the opponent’s damage meter by a fair bit. (12%, 3% per bounce)

Back Throw: Fling
Azumarill grabs the opponent by their hand and hurls them backwards. Not very impressive huh? Well here’s the catch. If the opponent is holding an item when this throw is used against them, Azumarill grabs the item from them, hurls it forward and then tosses the enemy backwards, allowing the Azumarill player to easily claim the item.

Notes: While somewhat weak and lacking serious KO potential, if items are on this can be an INCREDIBLY effective attack. This throw can remove all melee weapons (such as beam swords and homerun bats), projectile weapons (such as the ray gun or the super scope) and even some transformation weapons (such as the Franklin Badge or the bunny hood). Unfortunately, this throw has minimal knockback…so make sure you CAN get to the item before your opponent can. (6%)

| Final Smash |

Blizzard

Azumarill begins to dance as clouds swoop in from above! Suddenly a massive blizzard occurs! Everyone besides the little aquarabbit gets slowed by 1/3 their normal speed and the visibility of all players (even Azumarill obviously) is reduced due to the raging blizzard!

But that’s not all…ALL of Azumarill’s attacks act as if they were hit by an icy wind! Yes, every water based attack freezes solid and changes dramatically…sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse…

Side Tilt: Burst Your Bubble
Unfortunately, with the severe cold going on, Azumarill’s bubbles pop upon use of the side tilt, leaving Azumarill looking a tad bit disappointed. This also applies to his Up Taunt. (0%)

Up Smash: Hail
Azumarill does his little rain dance as usual…but when the rain comes out, it quickly turns to hail! Azumarill, who usually just covers his head during the rain, sees this and panics, diving a Kirby distance to the left. Hail does a tad bit more damage and doesn’t really have any extra lag or anything. (2% per hit, hits up to 20 times)

Back Air: Tail Spear
Azumarill’s tail forms the whirlpool around it as usual, but when he swings it around this time, it ends up freezing and stabbing the foe with multiple hits! Ouch! (5% per hit, hits up to 4 times)

Up Air: Icicle Spear
Azumarill sprays his Hydro Pump into the air but…ack! It freezes while still in his mouth, forming a long spear of ice jutting from his mouth! Unfortunately, this makes him a tad bit top heavy, so instead of being blown down, he’ll rotate mid air and plummet towards the ground, spear tip pointing down. While this DOES make the move a guaranteed self-destruct over edges, it increases the knockback and damage phenomenally, making it a prime KO move during Blizzard. Delivers high, straight up knockback when it hits from below while delivering high vertical knockback when it hits on the way down. (23%)

Neutral B: Icicle Spear MkII
Azumarill crouches down like normal…but when he shoots upwards in his waterfall, it turns into an enormous spear of ice! Delivers incredible knockback but leaves Azumarill frozen in the icicle for two seconds, making it risky to use.

In the air, Azumarill falls straight down, incased in a spear of ice. Very similar to the up air in appearance except it delivers downward knockback and less damage. (Grounded: 24%, Aerial: 17%)

Up B: Ice Ball
Azumarill forms a sphere of water around himse-…oh no! The sphere freezes solid INSTANTLY making it useless for recovery! Then…what IS it useful for? Every played Super Monkey Ball? How about Super Azumarill Ball! Azumarill can roll around while in the ball (providing he didn’t just plummet of the edge with it…), smashing into foes with medium knockback. Takes four seconds for Azumarill to thaw out. (10%)

After 20 seconds, the blizzard subsides. Make sure you use this to its full effect though and remember…Azumarill doesn’t have a recovery while using this move! Also make sure you have a good idea of how to manage attacks that freeze Azumarill solid, you don’t want to waste this useful Final Smash being frozen!

| Taunts |

Up Taunt: Bubble Bath
Azumarill sprays a number of bubbles into the air above him and then pokes each bubble while balancing on one foot.

Side Taunt: Tail to Tell
Azumarill looks back at his tail and then begins to chase it, eventually getting dizzy before falling over, spirals clearly visible in his eyes.

Down Taunt: Ice to Meet You
Azumarill uses Ice Beam and creates an ice sculpture of himself. He then stares at it for a moment before smashing it to pieces with his tail. If an opponent hits the ice sculpture before Azumarill has a chance to break it, it’ll shatter into pieces and Azumarill will slouch over, looking noticeably depressed.

| Win Poses |

Victory Pose 1: Bubble Man
The entire victory screen is filled with bubbles as only Azumarill’s ears are seen visible. A moment or so later, Azumarill pokes his face out of the bubbles and proceeds to constantly shift his eyes back and forth.

Victory Pose 2: Cool Party!
Azumarill is seen skipping around the victory screen, creating miniature statues of himself.

Victory Pose 3: Camera Crunch
Azumarill, being the curious little aquarabbit he is, scoots up to the camera and begins poking it. The camera suddenly topples over onto its side causing Azumarill to (visibly) scurrying away, his paws on his stomach with large anime-esque sweat drops flying off him as he runs.

Lose Pose
Azumarill appears sitting and claps happily for the winner.

Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nise-6xUl-s

Entrance
Like most other Pokemon, Azumarill pops out of a Pokeball, complete with a small shower of bubbles as it bounces from foot to foot after being released.

| Stage |

Mt. Mortar

Mt. Mortar is the only location where one could find a Marill in Pokemon Gold/Silver, so it’s only suiting that it acts as Azumarill’s stage! As you can see, the left part of the stage is entirely water based, making it actually ideal for Azumarill considering he can’t drown. The land based part of the stage however is rather bland. Like Saffron City and Spear Pillar before it, wild Pokemon will occasionally appear to attack the players!

: A small swarm of Zubat fly out from the top of the screen! If anyone hits them, they’ll take repeated damage and most likely be caught with them as they fly! After a few moments, they scatter apart and fly off screen! Getting attacked by the Zubats does 1% per hit…but you’re likely to get hit lots!

:Golbat, the evolved form of Zubat swoops down and targets a single player at random! If he misses he simply flies away…but if he hits, he latches onto them and starts sucking the victims blood! These leaves them totally vulnerable, so take advantage of this time with a smash attack! Golbat sucks blood for two seconds, causing 10% damage!

: Magikarp appears in the water and splashes about a little bit before leaving. What? You expected him to be useful?

: Seaking leaps out of the water and...what’s this?! A Horn Drill attack?! Yes! Seaking flies out of the water, his horn spinning! If you get hit by the horn, you’re gonna be taking insane vertical knockback…fortunately it’s quite easy to dodge…like in the actual game.

: Machoke appears…rather quickly! Dashing across the ground based part of the stage, Machoke will attempt to grab the first foe it comes across! If successful, Machoke will leap into the air, preparing the foe for a devastating Seismic Toss attack! Machoke then slams the foe to the ground, causing medium-high knockback and 23%!

: Graveler drops down onto the stage and…what’s he doing? He’s starting to glow…! It’s an Explosion attack! Run! Run before you get caught in the explosion! This attack is essentially a OHKO, comparable to the Banzai Bill on Princess Peach’s Castle…if you see Graveler, run away quickly!

| Playing As: Testing The Water |

Azumarill is a relatively light weight with some great speed behind him. His particularly damaging attacks or his prime KO moves tend to be a tad risky (most notably the side smash, the forward air and the up air) but pay off big time if used correctly.

Another great strategy for Azumarill is to use his great mindgame potential! Start of with a Swagger attack to give them some kind of detrimental effect and then mix it up with some Double Team attacks, that can easily throw your opponent off their game if they don’t know which Azumarill is which until the attack is up!

Abuse Azumarill’s longer ranged attacks to keep your opponent a good distance from him…if they get up close and personal, try and get away; Azumarill can’t take too much punishment in a straight up fight…

| Playing Against: Sink or Swim |

While playing against a good Azumarill, play aggressively. If you give Azumarill too much breathing room or attempt to camp against him, a good Azumarill will simply set up an Aqua Ring shield in front of him, FORCING you to play aggressively.

Be especially cautious around an Azumarill in the air, a lot of his attacks are high risk, but if they hit you, they’re gonna hurt badly! This is most apparently with the up air and the forward air…but watch out for the deadly down air spike as well!

If you’re playing as Pokemon Trainer…you MAY not want to use Squirtle…having all of your attacks frozen solid may not be such a pleasant thing…

If you’re hit with Swagger, simply try not to let the confusion effects get the better of you. If you can survive the effects, the increase in attack power will help you greatly…unfortunately it also makes you just as vulnerable to repeated confusion effects. Just try and stay sharp and recognize what you’re being effected with before the Azumarill can take advantage of it…

| Alternate Colors |

Special thanks to Agi for the recolors! ^_^
^For Sundance^​

Azu, Azu! Azumarill!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
DUDE! Down B and Up Smash are WAYYYY TOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN! Down b, owns them? Up smash, up to 40 damage? lolwut?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I love the translation of all the various Pokemon techniques into Smash. Not to mention I'd play Azumarill against all other Azumarills just for the Icy Wind effect on all their attacks. Safe to say Azu dittos would be a completely different ballgame than any other match with Azumarill. I love the N-Spec, and the accurate translation of Rollout as the DA. Also, I have to give some love to that D-Tilt. ;)

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Holy god.

That is amazing, MarthTrinity. Seriously.
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY AWESOME POKEMON IN THIS THREAD

...But...this

Azumarill said:
Ice to Meet You
...kind of killed it for me.:p

Hey, I'm bored, so sue me. It is a good moveset.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
DUDE! Down B and Up Smash are WAYYYY TOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN! Down b, owns them? Up smash, up to 40 damage? lolwut?
Uh...welcome to the thread. First of all, the down B increases their attack power by 1/2 and confuses them for an amount of time dependant on which "type" of confusion the opponent recieves, re-read it and you'll see what I mean.

Second of all, the up smash only does 20% max, and that's providing you hit with EVERY SINGLE HIT OF IT. It has the POTENTIAL to do 40% when it's turned into Hail via the Final Smash; if you play with Smash Balls off, the up smash will NEVER do more than 20% for one hit...and even getting 20% is hard to do...it's easier to DI out of than Bullet Seed which is a legit move in Brawl.

That is amazing, MarthTrinity. Seriously.[/SPOILER]
Glad you liked it! ^_^

To be entirely honest, the cold related puns were taken directly from the 1997 Batman and Robin movie with AHNOLD as Mr. Freeze...there are a lot lamer ones I could've used though ;D

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Oh, OK lol. I thought that it was just completely broken. LOL, 40% is nuts. Also, Down B is still pretty broke. It is like a one-sided Spear Pillar (on that one flip thing). It looks really cool, though.

Edit: NVM, I just read the notes on Swagger.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I got to the information part and couldn't stop staring at the dancing Azumarill's XD.

However, once I began reading the set I was impressed, really impressed.

This is probably my favourite moveset by you, and I think you have done Azumarill justice, so good job. My favourite attacks are probably Swagger, due to the fact that it is a high risk, high reward move, and I always try to implement one of them in my own sets, Rollout- for the uniqueness of increasing damage the more times it is used, and Double Team, due to the mindgame potential available by that one move.

All the other attacks are great, and I feel that he could fit in snuggly with the rest of the SSBB cast.

The layout is great, and there is a great amount of detail, and some good extras.

This set just goes to prove something I proved in MYM4 with Tyrogue; only the greatest sets use Mt. Mortar as a stage :laugh:.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Azumarill is awesome! I personally like the Down-B and Down-Smash
(as you can see, I'm a bit of a trickster). I also like the fact that you can take items from people. One of my friends relies almost completely on items, and I'd love to strip him of the privilege of Cracker Launching my face... Anyways, great set!

Also, I've a change of plans; Chad is rather extensive, so I'm putting him off for a little while. Instead, the next set you'll see from me will be Hagiri Kaname, or The Sniper from YuYu Hakusho. He'll be a little...tricky himself.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Azumarill is awesome! I personally like the Down-B and Down-Smash
(as you can see, I'm a bit of a trickster). I also like the fact that you can take items from people. One of my friends relies almost completely on items, and I'd love to strip him of the privilege of Cracker Launching my face... Anyways, great set!

Also, I've a change of plans; Chad is rather extensive, so I'm putting him off for a little while. Instead, the next set you'll see from me will be Hagiri Kaname, or The Sniper from YuYu Hakusho. He'll be a little...tricky himself.

SNIPER!? SNIPER?! I COMMAND YOU TO MAKE THAT SET!

Well, since we are on the topic of YuYu Hakusho, I might as well say I am making a moveset for the most awesome character in the show.

Anyways, I might as well comment on Azumarill while I have a post.

Unlike the others, my favorite concept in the entire set was the side B. Freezing water has so many applications- not just defensive as you suggested, but also as an amazing edge-guarding technique when used right. It could also be anti-approach. This move should totally be somewhat aimable so that you can freeze the ground with it (changing Up Smash's mechanics to make the ground wet in addition to the current effect would allow for this).

Down Smash was another great move, as Phatcat already pointed out. The versatility of the move in combination with it's creativity makes it one of the best moves of the set.

While moves such as Down B, Dash Attack, Up Smash, and the Up B were certainly great, and there were very few generic moves, nothing stands out so much to me as the Side Special's and Down Smash's awesomeness.

Those taunts are just awesome, lol. Love the Down Taunt.

Overall, you really did a great job with this set. Detail is great. Organization is great. The moves are very good, though a few are slightly generic, you've certainly more than made up for that. As usual, you show nothing but greatness in your work.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Yep, that's him. The one and only Sniper. Also, you're doing a Kurama set? I really can't wait to see that! I'm guessing that the Rose Whip will be involved, and I've always had a great love for that technique, so beautiful, yet so freakin' awesome at the same time. Anyways, I'm looking forward to him, he'll be a great set. Then again, with a character that awesome, I don't see how you could mess up.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Yep, that's him. The one and only Sniper. Also, you're doing a Kurama set? I really can't wait to see that! I'm guessing that the Rose Whip will be involved, and I've always had a great love for that technique, so beautiful, yet so freakin' awesome at the same time. Anyways, I'm looking forward to him, he'll be a great set. Then again, with a character that awesome, I don't see how you could mess up.
It might not be in this contest (though if it isn't, it will be in the next), but yes I am making a set for Kurama and I look forward to it as being one of my best works. There's so much potential, as I plan to implement everything he does in the show- not just his trademark rose whip.

Hiei is also being made, but not by me.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Thanks for the positive responses guys! ^_^

Azumarill is actually one of my favorite sets now that I'm done with it...personally, I think it surpasses Hyatt...at least organization wise it does, dancing Azumarill for the win!

I have a bit to add maybe later, Warlord wants me to add some more detail and I see where I could improve him a bit...

Regardless, my next set will be Sloth from Fullmetal Alchemist (anime version)...funny enough, she'll be in the same boat as Squirtle; 0/100 match-up against Azumarill!

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Azumarill:
I like the color scheme and the orginization for this set. Just wanted to say that. The stats section make Azumaril look like an above average middle of the road type character, with some differences. One complaint I have about the set is that you put the damage and other improtant details in the notes sections on several moves, when they should be with the top description with the notes giving advice on the move's uses and when it should be used. The moves themselves I like, but I recommend you talk to one of your fellow sins or at least a non-newcomer on balancing them.

As for the extras, I like everthing. The stage is win, and I love the Win Pose 3, especially. I suggest putting the playing as and playing against below the moves and above the extras, as it's always a good way to wrap up the set itself. All in all, I really, really like this.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
"Kit Hit, Miss, or Sh*t?" - Azumarill

Bold means that I added some parts to the critique.

Looking at the Aquarabbit so far, I'm very intrigued by him. Looking at the stats, I usually thought of Azumarill as a tough for his height and with average range, so this works out so far. The organization was notable especially with the dancing Azumarills. :bee:

The special do have the "special" concepts that most have, yet this represents Azumarill as a water pokemon and still works fluently. Certainly the best out of all of them would be Waterfall, though Aqua Ring deserves special mention as well. Balance is not an issue here at all for those moves, which is very nice to note. There is some concern about Icy Wind though, mainly on what exactly would happen when Mario's FLUDD or some of Squirtle's attack gets in the way. When they freeze, would they just fall down to the ground and deal possible damage or do they disappear? Although it'll nice to add some possible damage, I'll suggest to just let them disappear. Another small concern is with the Swagger, although it's minor: What would happen exactly with no items on? Will the last effect still be there? What about harmless items like Sandbags, Home Run Bats, and Ray Guns? Other than that, I think it was ok.

Out of the standards, I was most intrigued by Rollout and Defense Curl. It's interesting to note that these and the other attacks take simple attacks/strategies and make them eye-catching and appealing to the viewer. Balance-wise, Bubble Beam and Ice Punch give the most concern, but the unlikeliness to get 20% for the former and the spacing period for the latter neutralizes that. Reading this again, I would agree with most of the what I have said. However I think that know the Dash gives some concern with the possibility of 24%. There is a chance Azumarill can get to that damage easily in Team battle, but other than that there is no concern.

Double Team stands out to me the most out of your Smashes, though Rain Dance was good as well. Using this simple attack and give this added effect seems easy to visualize and balance that works well. Rain Dance is notable for the idea of the raising up of the cloud and keeping the same amount of damage throughout. Double-Edge is a nice move that also has uniqueness, but it's not as much as the other Smashes.However lets say another Azumarill uses Icy Wind on Rain dance. Would it actually double the damage or just halt the attack? Other wise I'm ok with the Smashes as a whole.

Frustration, Aqua Tail, and Iron Tail... looks so ordinary and so out there, yet it works as basic aerials and they're easy to picture inside your head. Giga Impact would be a beast to use if it weren't for the lag and risks, and the same goes for Hydro Pump. All in All, nice job in that section. Reading them again, there still seems to be a little problem.

Can I Say that Ice Beam is the best concept for a throw I seen so far? Really, the idea of freezing the opponent while still holding him just makes me feel somewhere between LOL-ness and OMG-ness. Dynamic Punch and Bunny Bounce is the ordinary Combo-leader & Multi-hit Throw (respectively), but it's still likable now matter what. I like the idea of Fling, but like you said, it's only notable with Items on. Still no concern on these.

Due to the unfortunate Events, I can't truly look at the Final smash, but hopefully you can survive without this. But now that I have time, let's take a look. (reads) I definitely like how the bubble attack will not work at all and there is not much complains about Hail. Tail Spear is a little strong for a Air (and a BAir no less), but since it's a final smash I can accept that for now. The Icicle Spears are a little unorthodox, and although I can agree with the Neutral Special, The Up Air's version is a little too much in % percent for my liking. Probably my favorite move would be Ice Ball, because it's a great balance to sacrifice a recovery for extra damage.

Summarizing the moveset, Azumarill is an interesting read here. I can definitely say this is a great moveset to read to. Heck, I'd recommend it for a top 50 vote, but this is still too soon to tell. Nevertheless, this aquarabbit has some definite potential!

Azumarill is a Kit Hit!

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Warning Challenger Approaching!

(Credit for this wonderful art goes to Junahu! This is incredably accurate and well drawn. (Just pretend those are sneakers she's wearing. I forgot to specify what type of shoe Kira wears.))

Guild member Kira has joined the Brawl!

~~(History) Guild Profile~~​
Kira's world is nearly 3 times the size of Earth. It's filled with monsters of all shapes and sizes, animals and people mutated by strange artifacts. The constant chaos these beasts cause force people to abandon smaller villages and can even wreck larger cities. This has resulted in the loss of most historical texts, leaving few who know how their planet came to such a pitiful state of affairs. One major thing of note is the changes in biology in many humans. While still technically human, it's very common to be born with mutations, such as animal ears/tails, or even being made of living liquid in rare cases. At this point, Kira and people like her without any visible mutation are the minority.

Several freelance guilds have cropped up over the years dedicated to the research of artifacts and dealing with the monsters. The world is quickly recovering thanks to these combined efforts, but the people desire to know where the artifacts, and they themselves came from. Kira, her sister Rika, and many others are now searching for answers. Kira searches for ways to safely de-mutate the monsters back to animals and people safely. While inflicting enough damage to the monsters can do so, there are often side effects that linger with the victims for the rest of their lives, assuming they survive.

Kira travels the world, investigating artifacts and defeating monstes as she goes. She finds many different creatures and people along her way, some taking advantage of the chaos. She's gained many admirers, both male and, to Kira's chargin, female. During her journey, she defends a young woman named Mina from bandits and earns the young girl's affections and companionship. Mina was never really big and was targeted because of it. She was also born with wolf ears, claws and a tail, though that is common in the world's current state.

Kira, Mina, and eventually others continue on, destroying powerful varieties of monsters known as "Juggernauts" and fighting leaders of large bandit clans. During her travels, she encounters a man who knows much about the world's origins, and is manipulating small scale conflicts to unknown ends. She chases him with all her might, but he refuses to reveal anything even when cornered. After their fight, the man says he isn't the only one of his kind, and that she is only delaying the inevitable. He escapes once again, leaving the group no other information other then his cryptic and inane ramblings.

Despite her reputation for fighting monsters twice her size, Kira prefers to run from chances to battle. This is not because of a pacifistic quallity or any such thing, but sheer cowardice as Kira herself admits. She only chooses to fight when doing so is the only way to protect something. Her fighting abilities reflect this, Kira having below average stats all around, a rarity for the main character of an RPG. Her abilities are fairly cheap and have a multitude of side effects such as status effects, stat increases/decreases, and with a high enough occurance rate as to be useful, making up for this.

~~(Overview) Guild Operating Manual~~
Kira's stats are all around below average, her only pluses being her recovery and her speed. When she uses her Neutral B, however, her moves are all enhanced with a special ability or quality, or at least get a minor boost for several seconds. Kira users must balance fighting and boosting Kira's stats, and take the precaution of not spamming her Neutral B and leaving themselves open to the opponent's power moves.

~~(Base Abilities) Stat Screen~~

Size:

Slightly Tall. She's eye to eye with Marth.

Weight:
Light Weight. She's not hard to send flying.

Walking Speed:
Average. Not really quick but not at all sluggish.

Running Speed:
Fast. She's only slightly slower then Captain Falcon.

Traction:
Average. Nothing special here.

Swimming Duration:
Long. Kira can keep afloat for a great length of time.

Swimming Speed:
Fast. Kira is very agile in the water.

Power:
Low. She doesn't have many KO moves or ways to inflict a lot of damage.

Attack Speed:
Average. She has few laggy attacks and a few quick ones.

Range (Melee):
Below Average. She has mostly normal reach, but a few moves have very bad reach.

Range (Projectiles):
Below Average. She has a decent amount of projectiles, but they all have pathetic reach.

Priority:
Below Average. Kira runs the gambit from low to high priority, but has fewer high then low.

First Jump:
Good. Kira's jump is on par with Luigi's.

Second Jump:
Good. She gains just as much distance as she does with her first jump.

Fall Speed:
Slow. She decends only slightly quicker then Peach.

Landing Lag:
Little. She barely has any lag at all.

Crouch:
Excellent. She lowers herself on all fours, making most attacks go over her head.

Crawl:
Good. She hastily moves forward on her hands and knees.

Wall Jump:
Yes, she gains as much altitude as Mario does with his first jump.

Wall Cling:
Yes, but she slides down at half her regular fall speed.

Gliding:
No.

Hover:
No.

~~(Stances) More Kind Then Coward:~~

Entrance:

Kira fades in; pixelated at first but slowly sharpening until she looks normal. Think a battle transition in an RPG.

Basic Pose:
Kira bounces back and forth on the balls of her feet. (Okay, don't panic.)

Idle Pose:
Kira squats down and puts her fists up in a boxing stance. She throws a few punches and bobbs and weaves. (B-bring it on!)

Walking:
She moves forward, swinging her arms slighty and walking heel to toe. (This place isn't so bad...)

Running:
Kira swings her arms more and her footfalls are completely flat. (Alright, justwalk away slowly. Maybe they won't notice me.)

Dashing:
Each step lands on the ball of the foot, the heel never touching the ground. She leans forward notacibly anf her hair flows behind her. Her arms swing back and forth at a great speed. (Screw it! Just run!)

Jump 1:
Kira squats down and places both feet flat on the ground, then she launches herself up. Her hitbox shrinks greatly when her jump starts, to around the size of Kirby's. (One advantge to running away is it builds leg strength.)

Jump 2:
Kira makes motions similar to her first jump then thrusts one foot down and raises the other. She has a faint blue outline for a split second as she gains altitude. (Magic. It's good for everything.)

Falling:
Kira moves her arms out to her sides as she falls, her legs extended strait down and her hair flowing behind her. (I hate falling. I hate falling. I hate falling.)

Landing:
Kira bends her knees to absorb the impact. Her hands just touch the ground before she bounces back to her feet. (Of course, it's the sudden stop at the end that's the worst.)

Shield:
Kira squats down and wraps her right hand aound her blade, ready to draw it. Her shield is a deep purple. (Back off!)

Ledge Balancing:
Her toes are planted on the ground and her arms are extended outwards to keep balanced. She looks down in front of herself and sways slightly. (The views aren't that bad, though.)

Floating:
Kira gently moves her arms across the surface and kicks her legs. (Now, water, I have no problem with.)

Swimming:
Kira performs an impressive breast stroke forward, kicking hard as she can. (I could do this for ever, really.)

Drowning:
She splashes frantically, even as she goes under. (I get the irony! Not one word!)

Sidestep:
Kira gracefully spins on her heel and steps into the background in a single movement. (See ya!)

Forward Roll:
She tucks herself into a ball and rolls forward. Kira untucks herself the moment her feet make contact with the ground. (Too slow!)

Backwards Roll:
Kira jumps backwards, landing on one foot and raising the other in front of herself as she trys to regain balance. (The backflip needs work; so sue me.

Air Dodge:
Kira half turns to face the screen and curls her midsection back. (That was too close!)

Flinch:
She leans back like she was struck in the jaw, tilting onto her heals. (Ow! Okay, enough running!)

Trip:
Kira steps forward too quickly and puts her foot down toes first. Her momentum carrys her forward and makes her tip over onto the ground. (*Smack* When this is over, I'm paying Sakurai a visit.)

Sleeping:
Kira falls onto her side and curls into a ball, kicking off her shoes and murmuring in her sleep. (G'night, folks.)

Waking Up:
Kira opens her eyes halfway and props herself up with one arm, sliding her shoes back on with the other. (Mmm? What happened?)

Standing Up:
She pulls her legs in and hops to her feet. (If you think I'm just gonna take this abuse, you're wrong. I've fought bigger things then you!)

Dizzy:
Kira stumbles around and bends her knee. She waves her amrs around to her sides to find something to steady herself with. (Didn't say I always won, though.)

~~(Special Moves) A Fierce Heart:~~

Neutral B - Energy Focus:

Kira stands strait up with her arms to her sides and closes her eyes in concetration. She gains a glowing silver outline that remains for the duration of the move's effects. When the player uses the Neutral B, Kira will be unable to move for 1.2 seconds. Once she's able to move again, her attacks will gain unique abilities for 10 seconds or until she is KOed. If she is already under the effect of her Neutral B, using this move instead heals 6% damage at the end of the animation.

---Kira's game revolves entirely around this move. Use it whenever you have the space to do so, but don't try to spam it when an opponent is in striking distance. You will have to do without this move sometimes, so I advise practicing with and without it, so you're not completely defenseless without it. The healing is useful too, but Kira's light weight tends to nullify the benefit of whatever she recovers, and you're better off using the time for something else.

Side B - Drain Plant:
Kira suddenly throws a mean right hook at her opponent, jabbing a sharp seed into them. The seed instantly sprouts into a flower. The attack has only 3% damage, low range, little knockback, and low priority, but has the same effect as the Lip's stick item. Short lag on both ends. If Kira is under the effect of her Neutral B, the opponent won't be able to move for 2 seconds or until they're hit again. The secondary effects of this move do not take effect if the opponent is already suffering from them.

---You can't constantly stun a foe with this move and lock them in place. What you can do is stun them, then go for a grab or heal Kira with her Neutral B. If she hasn't been able to renew her Neutral B, it's still a decent damage dealer and disrupts the opponent's slower attacks.

Down B - Spark Touch:
Kira smiles as sparks begin jumping off her body. For the next two seconds, half of any damage and knockback she would recieve from a melee attack is reflected on to her attacker. If no attacks are reflected, Kira stop and puts her hands on her knees, resting. Final Smashes cannot be reflected by this. During this time, Kira can move and jump, and can't be grabbed, but is unable to attack. If she is under the effect of her Neutral B, any enemy that is within a distance of Kira equal to a Motion Sensor Bomb's blast radius will recieve 8% damage and high knockback. Obscene priority. Short starting lag and ending lag, but if Kira doesn't hit a foe she'll suffer from long ending lag instead.

---This is Kira's defensive trump card. She can punish ledgeguarders trying to score a smash attack, and really punishes moves like Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch move. It's too slow to use reliably on fast moves and is difficult to use against medium speed attacks, but it can be useful on opponents going for a finishing blow. Again, don't abuse it. If your opponent doesn't attack, Kira suffers from long ending lag and is left vulnerable to the same attacks she was trying to avoid.

Up B - Permafrost:
Kira squats down to half her height, then launches upward a distance equal to her second jump. Eight cone-shaped bits of ice form around her as she starts the move, pointing away from her, and fly with her as she reaches her peak. Each cone is as long as Kirby is wide, and is as wide as a Smash ball at the bottom and thin as a needle at the tip.

Kira herself doesn't harm anyone during her leap, but the ice will cause 6% damage and medium knockback with medium priority to anyone that is hit by them. The ice freezes surfaces they touch by a space equal to the pitfall item's coverage for 3 seconds, and anyone other then Kira who runs, dashes, or lands on the patch of frost will slip. During Kira's Neutral B, the cones of ice will fly away from her as she reaches the peak of her jump, traveling a distance equal to 1.5x it's length at the speed of Wolf's blaster.

---A decent ability with several uses, serving as a disrupter and a defensive move with no real blindspot. The projectile version provided by the Neutral B is just frosting (no pun intended) on the cake.

~~(Basic Moves) Barehanded Beatdown~~

A/AA/AAA - Roundhouse:

Kira spins on the ball of her left foot and extends her right leg out. She continues by putting her right foot down and strikes with her left heel, then finishes the combo by swinging her sword in an upwards motion. Each hit does 2% with average priority and no knockback but large reach for a basic combo and a disjointwed hitbox for the last swing. If her Neutral B is in effect, she throws her sword like a boomerang the distance of one Cutom Stage block as the final hit in the combo, doing 3% damage with high priority and no knockback. Short lag on either end.

---This attack's major advantage is it's reach and speed. It has low priority, even the final swing with the disjointed hitbox, and low damage.

Forward A - Ice Geyser Kick:
Kira leans back and swings her leg up, then down. The kicks have decent reach, the first doing 3% damage and little upwards knockback and the second does 3% and little downwards knockback. Low Priority and hitstun, with short starting and ending lag. When her Neutral B is in effect, a pool of water the width of Jigglypuff will expand from the spot her heel hit the ground. After a medium starting lag, a funnel of water shoots up two Custom Stage blocks in height. It lasts a full second, doing 6% damage and small upwards knockback with high priority, freezing the opponent like the Ice Climber's Down B. The water hardens into a block of ice, and remains on the stage as a destructable platform/wall that lasts 5 seconds or until it takes 10% damage.

---This attack has two main uses. The first is to give Kira a makeshift platform to jump on, and the second is to block recovering foes. Just remember that even if the Main platform is blocked, nothing stops the foe from grabbing onto the ledge and jumping over the block. It's purely a stall tactic.

Down A - Rock Breaker:
Kira performs an overhead sword swing and slams the ground in front of herself. No fancy animation. Does 5% damage with pitiful knockback, bad priority, medium reach, and little hit stun. It has very little lag, begining or ending. When her Neutral B is in effect, her starting lag is boosted to medium, but the strike sends a large chunk of rock flying in the direction she's facing in an arc about 1 Bowser high at it's peak and 1.5 Bowsers long in distance traveled. The rock does 7% damage with high priority and medium knockback.

---Kira can intimidate foes away from her using the rock, and has a reliable move against both airborne and frontal opponents with the sword swing.

Up A - Venom Roll:
Kira curls into a ball and reaches her sword out in front of her, then rolls backwards 1 Custom Stage block in distance with the sword extended. Does 3% damage when she extends the sword, and 4% when she rolls backwards. The attack has short reach, but little lag and one of her few moves with high priority. During her Neutral B, a green energy surrounds her blade, doubling the reach and inflicting a poison on her opponent for an additional 1% damage per second for the next 5 seconds. Disjointed hitbox, thanks to her sword. Medium starting and ending lag.

---This atack is one of Kira's best. It does decent damage, is fairly spamable, and repositions Kira further away/closer to someone or something.

Dash Attack - Seeing Stars:
Kira leaps forward at about half the height of her normal jump and raises her fists above her head, momentum pushing her onward. She grasps her hands together and brings them down on her opponent as hard as she can. The attack has medium starting lag, high priority, and no knockback, but does 8% damage and medium second hitstun. Any opponent hit with this move while her Neutral B's active will be stunned for a long duration, stars circling their head. If the opponent is already stunned, no hitstun will be inflicted.

---Use this on retreating opponents, or foes that are distracted by something else. The stun is best used when Kira's Neutral B is about to wear off, so she has time to start it again.

~~(Smash Attacks) Stand and Fight~~

Forward Smash - Fire Orb:

Kira pulls her fist backwards and squats slightly as the move charges. She punches forward, her hand engulfed in flame. Despite it's resemblance to Captain Falcon's signature move, it does only 8% to 14% and good knockback. Very little starting and ending lag. This punch reaches 0.4 Custom Stage Builder Blocks ahead, thanks to the flames. If used while Kira's Neutral B is in effect, a ball of fire will linger where she punched for 5 seconds. Foes who touch the flame will take 10% damage and great knockback. The punch itself has low priority, and the ball of flame has average priority.

---This is a decent spam attack while Kira's Neutral B is active, creating plenty of fireballs that have to be manuevered around and giving Kira some time to herself. Without, it's fairly weak, but still a decent KO move.

Down Smash - Split Kick:
Kira drops to the ground, sticking her right foot in front of herself and her left foot back. She holds herself off the ground with her arms and quickly rights herself afterwards. Does 6% to 12%, but anyone hit will have their feet knocked out from underneath them. Low priority and no knockback. If her Neutral B is in effect, a small shockwave comes Kira's feet, doubling the range of the attack. Short starting lag and medium ending lag.

---One thing of note is Kira's hurtbox, which will shrink to half it's normal height when this move is used, so it can be used to avoid a projectile or any attack high off the ground, making it useful on taller characters. With the Neutral B side effect, Kira can hit foes before they get in striking distance, even sword users with their long reach.

Up Smash - Raindance:
Kira raises her hands in the air and focuses her energy above herself. When she finishes charging, a black cloud the size of Kirby hovers over her head. It follows Kira at a speed equal to her running speed, releasing a bolt of lightning onto anyone else that walks under it. The cloud lasts 4 seconds for every 1 Kira spent charging it, to a maximum of 12. Touching a bolt of lightning does 8% damage regardless of charge time. If Kira's Neutral B is active, the cloud's size is doubled and it chases after anyone who gets within 1/8 of Final Destination's length of it at the speed of Fox's walk. Average priority, but no knockback and little hitstun. Short starting lag, but long ending lag as Kira finishes making the cloud.

---This is one of Kira's best moves, giving herself both protection and a way to deal additional damage at the same time. During Kira's Neutral B, you should let the cloud harass opponents while Kira attacks from a distance or goes after items.

~~(Aerials) Fearless Flight~~

Neutral Air - Spin Swipe:

Kira extends her sword out and twirls in a circle, her left foot extended down like she spun on her toes. Hits for 4% and low knockback, medium histun, short starting lag and medium ending lag. If Kira's Neutral B is in effect, Kira gains altitude equal to half her height as she does, allowing for even stronger recovery. Disjointed hitbox.

---Kira's ace in the hole. No matter what situation Kira's in, this move is useful in some form. A makeshift shield against low priority projectiles, a attack that hits foes all around, and with her Neutral Special, a recovery increaser, like Jigglypuff's Side B. It does very little damage, however, and isn't going to score any KOs either, although the recovery extending properties could let Kira go out and gimp an opponent, then make it back to the stage.

Up Air - Neptune Cloud:
Kira holds her hands up and creates a trail of purple smog bits each the size of a Gooey Bomb above herself for the next 5 seconds, or until she lands/is hit/releases the A button. The bits of fog remain for 6 seconds after creation, dealing 3% damage a second to anyone who comes in contact with them (multiple cloud bits don't stack.). If Kira's Neutral B is in effect, anyone other then Kira who comes in contact with the cloud will have their attack starting lag doubled for 3 seconds (multiple clouds don't stack).

---Kira's anti-air move. Short hop into this and plant some clouds overhead to fend off opponents, or to damage a foe who is trying to get back on the stage. The secondary effect provided by Kira's Neutral Special sets up for a finishing blow. Knock your opponent away, set up a Neptune Cloud trail as they try to come back, then unleash a Smash Attack or the Forward A Air to finish them off while they're rendered helpless by boosted starting lag.

Down Air - Twister:
Kira creates a small twister below herself, then kicks it like a soccer ball. The twister moves at a speed equal to Ike's walk, slowly homing in on whoever is closest to it. If it comes in contact with an opponent, it sucks them in and shoots them upwards like a cannon, dealing 7% damage and massive upwards knockback. The twister lasts 3 seconds, has medium priority, and has medium starting lag as it forms. The kick itself does 5% damage to anyone she hits, her toes being the sweetspot that does 10% damage and spikes. While her Neutral B is in effect, the whirlwind pulls enemies within Bowser's width of it toward itself. The kick has medium knockback and low priority. Long starting lag but no ending lag. Kira cannot use this if she already has a tornado out.

---This move was made for gimpin', and that's just what it'll do. If your opponent is about to barely make it to the stage, use this to launch them upwards for a star KO. The only way to hit someone with the sweetspot is if they get pulled in the twister while this move is starting, so don't bother unless the enemy is in freefall. One of Kira's finishers. If you need to do some damage, use this before Kira's Up Smash, so they take more hits from it.

Forward Air - Bullet Kick:
Kira leans back in mid air, her side to the ground. She pulls her knees up to her chest, then thrusts both feet forward. Does 6% damage and mild knockback, with average priority and medium starting and ending lag. There's a sweetspot at the bottom of her feet just as she kicks doing 12% damage and massive horrizontal knockback. If Kira's Neutral B is active, her fall speed is cut in half while performing this move.

---This attack is bland, to put it bluntly. The only thing of intrest is the sweetspot, which is fairly easy to do and makes this yet another good KO move. It's side effect sounds bleh, but if it's down to one stock for you and your opponent and you're both plummiting down a pit, spam this so they get KOed first. It can also be used to avoid a would be gimper's smash attack.

Backwards Air - Eleckick:
Kira turns in mid air and extends her leg outwards, bolts of electricity dancing around it. The attack does only 4% damage and little upwards knockback, but she moves in her new direction by a distance equal to Bowser's width. Has an ending lag of 0.5 seconds. If her Neutral B is in effect, the lag is halved. Low priority.

---Like her Neutral A Air, Kira can use this to increase her recovery. Unlike her Neutral A Air, she only gains horizontal distance, so it's not as useful for that. It's main use is to get away from a persistant foe, pushing Kira away from them.

~~(Grabs) No More Ms. Nice Girl~~

Grab - Suprise!:

Kira vanishes and instantly reappears three paces in front of her previous position, facing the other way. She immediatly clamps on to her quarry with her arms, one around their torso, the other around their neck.

Grab Attack: - Cheap Shot:
Kira draws her leg back far and puts a small bit of space between her and her foe. Then, without a hint of remourse, slams her knee into the opponent's groin. Kira immediatly releases her grip on the opponent and jumps back three paces, as they double over in pain and fall on the floor as if they tripped (yes, even female characters). Does 9% damage, and has a full second of ending lag. The foe will be stuck on the floor for 0.8 seconds as they recover. If Kira's Neutral B is in effect, she'll flash a victory sign towards the screen. Otherwise, this attack doesn't change.

Forward Throw - Suspension:
Kira releases her grip on the opponent, but without any pause, thrusts her hand toward them. The opponent floats upwards and is encased in a glowing bubble of energy. The opponent will be trapped as if they were hit with a freezie and can mash buttons to escape just the same, but while they're trapped they can't be harmed by any means. The opponent can move the bubble around at a rate equal to Mario's run by pushing the control stick, preventing KOs on moving stages. This move does no damage, but has little lag. If Kira's Neutral B is in effect when this is used, the duration of the bubble is doubled.

---An excellent way to occupy the foe so Kira can use her Neutral B or create obsticals. Not for much else, I'm afraid.

Backwards Throw - Mental Cloud:
Kira turns and shoves the opponent away, then boots them in the back. Her foot is coated in a white mist, which wraps around the target's head. Does 7% and litte knockback, with a small lag. However, the opponent's button imputs will be switched around for 5 seconds (B with A, left with right, and up with down). While Kira's Neutral B is in effect, the opponent's jump height will be at 2/3 the normal amount.

---This attack is good for disruption, but use it sparingly, otherwise the opponent will get used to the reversed controls.

Down Throw - Warp:
Kira creates a round, black and purple portal the size and width of Donkey Kong in front of herself. A white and grey portal the same size and shape will appear at random within a distance equal to 1/2 the size of Final Destination to side and/or above Kira (but NEVER below). Kira shoves her opponent into the portal, the opponent vanishing into it and reappearing at the other portal inbetween shortly after. The opponent takes 12% damage and no knockback, and will have full use of their second jump(s) and Up B when they reappear. Anyone else who enters the portal will be teleported similarly, but take no damage. If Kira's Neutral B is in effect, the opponent will only be able to use their Up B (and glide/tether) to recover.

---Purely a stall tactic. You'll almost never KO someone with this. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

Up Throw - Muscle Boost:
Kira glows for a split second before her arms and legs thicken slightly. She holds the foe up with one hand without any visable effort, before lazily throwing them upward. Her frame returns to normal afterwards. Does 10% damage and high upward knockback, with a medium starting and ending lag. During Kira's Neutral B, her muscles stay plumped for 5 seconds, increasing the damage of all of her tilts, aerials, and situationals by 3% each, and buffing the knockback of her attacks by 1.2x the normal amount.

---The strongest of Kira's throws, this is the only one of hers that will KO. However, where it really shines is the secondary effect, increasing the knockback and damage of many moves for a short time. This turns Kira's moves with more then one hit (like the Forward Smash and the Up A Air) into potential monsters, but since you need to use both the Neutral Special and this before that happens, you won't be seeing that often.

~~(Situationals) Never Giving Up:~~

Ledge Attack (99% or lower) - Strong Gust:

Kira creates a burst of wind, pushing anyone near the ledge back three Custom Stage blocks and stunning them for a long duration. Does no damage. Very little starting or ending lag. If Kira's Neutral B is active, the opponent will recieve high horizontal knockback instead of being pushed.

---When your opponent tries to get close to take advantage of your perdicament, put them right back where they started with this.

Ledge Attack (100% or higher) - Burning Charge:
Kira throws herself onto the platform, creating small flames around herself as she does. Good range for a ledge attack, and deals 6% damage and medium knocback, with no starting lag and long ending lag. During her Neutral Special, there's no ending lag. Low priority.

---This move allows Kira to get back up on the stage faster then if she had climbed up normally. It's not very useful unless Kira's Neutral B is in effect, due to the ending lag.

Stand Up Attack (Lying on her stomach) - Sweep:
Kira slides her leg behind herself and swings the broadside of her sword in front of her. Similar to her Down Smash, any opponent hit by this attack will be knocked down as if they tripped. Does 3% damage and no knockback or hitstun. With her Neutral B in effect, opponents hit by this move will move with a slight limp and have their movement speed reduced by 20% for 5 seconds. No lag, starting or ending. Average priority.

---This is a very powerful situational, thanks to the side effects. Kira will have plenty of time to do whatever if she pulls this off.

Stand Up Attack (Lying on her back) - Explosive Stand:
Kira glows orange as she rises up, then creates small explosions all around herself, hiting anyone who gets too close. Short range and visibly telegraphed by the glow, but it does 10% damage and great knockback. Her Neutral B's effect gifts her with Super Armor as she stands. Average priority. Medium starting lag and ending lag.

---The Super Armor provided by Kira's Neutral Special protects Kira as she stands up, allowing for a powerful blow. Without the Super Armor, however, I advise against this move, as Kira stands very slowly.

~~!!Final Smash!!~~
~Miracle~
When Kira unleashes her strongest attack, everything on screen slows to one third it's normal speed, Kira included. Star shaped bits of energy the size of Wario fall from the top of the ring, desending at the speed an item normally does and vanishing in a technocolor haze when they come in contact with anything. Two rainbow colored stars appear every second and fall strait down, any of Kira's opponents hit by them will take 20% damage and no knockback or hitstun. This Final Smash lasts 15 seconds, and Kira is treated as if her Neutral B is active for it's duration. While it does massive damage, it can never KO on it's own.

---This does an amasing amount of damage to opponents, but will never KO on it's own. Spam Kira's finishing moves to keep opponents on edge and force them into the falling stars, or use her Up B and Up A Air and the like to scatter booby traps all over the stage and trap foes.

~~(In-depth Playstyle) Side Effects May Include...~~
Kira's stats, excepting jumps and movement speed, are pathetic. Her attacks are weak, and not fast enough to make up for it. Her moves vary in priority, but there are more low then high. What makes Kira worth playing is her Neutral B. It grants every single attact, excepting her grab pummel, a boost or additional effect. As long as Kira keeps it active, her stats go from sub-par to great, and her moves are varied enough for Kira to serve as a swiss army knife character.

To play successfully, you have to keep Kira's Neuitral Special in effect, while making sure not to leave yourself vulnerable while doing it. With the long starting lag, you can't just spam it whenever you want to keep it going. Opponents will simply take the oppurtunity to rack up some damage on Kira, or use a laggy but powerful move to finish her off.

The air is where Kira shines. Her aerials have many uses, and serve as her KO moves. Not to mention with the combination of strong jumps and slow fall speed, she can stay there and out of reach for a long time. Just don't forget Kira's ground moves entirely. They aren't as versatile, but provide plenty of stall tactics and have unique special effects that are useful in some situations, and are much better at racking up damage.

All in all, Kira is mostly defensive in nature, only going on the offensive to finish the enemy or break out of a corner. Be patient, be persistent, and be careful.

~~(Battling Kira) The Antidote~~
While Kira can inflict a multitude of side effects and control the stage to some extent, she doesn't do much damage. Your shield will take a lot for her to get through, so don't hesitate to use it. If she tries to use her Netral B, charge in and pummel her while she's helpless. If she gets it active, keep away until it wears off. Kira does not excell at any one area, be it stage controlling or attack power, so focus on your characer's strengths instead of her weaknesses.

~~(Taunts & Extras) Lighten Up!~~
Up Taunt - Dinner and a Show:
Kira creates 6 differently colored balls of energy and juggles them. The colors are green, red, blue, yellow, purple, and orange. At the end, she pockets them then bows.

Down Taunt - Flip Out:
Kira backflips and lands on one knee. She smugly throws out a victory sign.

Side Taunt - Decisions:
Kira stands up strait and closes her eyes in concentration, a miniture RPGish action menu appearing over her. The player can move the control stick to change which item is highlighted, but it doesn't do anything.

Result Screen Win 1:
Kira examines a silver crystal with a red ring floating around it. She's wearing white gloves with black fingertips and cuffs as she handles it.

Result Screen Win 2:
Kira claps her hands together and closes her eyes, a white light surrounding her as if she were using her Neutral B. Her eyes suddenly snap open and she throws her hands to her sides as if posing, smiling proudly at the screen.

Result Screen Win 3:
Kira creates a ring of light around herself. She smiles and crosses her arms. Small colorful bursts like miniture fireworks appear in the ring.

Loss:
Kira performs a basic clap, smiling for the victor but looking disappointed.

Character Symbol:
A simplistic crystal shape with a ring around the center, as if floating around it.

Wiimote Noise:
Kira shouts "I'm ready!" Her voice is smooth, but not seductive. Her tone of voice indicates she's excited.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby grows long brown hair, and gains a four-leaf clover badge on the left half of the area he would have a shirt collar. Kirby will gain Kira's Side B instead of her Neutral B, since it'd be useless to him.

Crowd Cheer:
"Ki-ra! Ki-ra! Ki-ra!"

~Alternate Costumes~ (Press the R button to switch.)

(Thanks nce again to Junahu!)
Standard costume: Kira wears a zipped up black vest over a white tshirt and grey pants that are just loose enough not to hug her rear and give fanservice. Shes has a green four leaf clover badge on the left side of her tshirt's collar. She has dark blue socks and white shoes with black toe and heel area. She has a brown leather sheath for her short sword attached to her right hip.

-Red: Her white shirt is replaced with a pink one, and the black parts of her outfit are replaced with a scarlet. Her grey pants now have a red streak running down each side. Her dark blue socks are now pink. Her badge is now a fireball shape instead of a four leaf clover.

-Blue: Kira swaps her tshirt for a light blue one, and all blacks are replaced with navy blue. Her pants have a plain blue ring around the hips and her socks are now teal. Her badge is changed from a four leaf clover to a white rose.

-Green: Kira's tee is a plain green and all black is now a hunter green. The bottom of each pan leg has a plain green star the sixe of Kira's hand. Her socks are now white with a green toe area. Her badge remains a four leaf clover, but she also has a tree badge on the opposite side of her collar.

Maid: Kira wears a sterotypical french maid costume. Black dress with a white appron, with a pair of shorts underneath the skirt to avoid fanservice. She has white silk stockings and wears plain black sandles instead of normal high heals, and rounds out the wardrobe by wearing a headband and placing her hair into a ponytail with a black bow. Her sword's brown leather sheath is still attached to her hip. The red, blue, and green team palette swaps simple replace the black with a dark shade of their own color.

Liquid: While traveling through the Roal Marshes to get to her next ruin, Kira and her friends were forced to deal with the transforming properties of the water. Traveling through each pool of water would result in a temporary transformation with it's own benefits and drawbacks. One of the transformations was that of living liquid. Kira assumes that form in this costume.

Kira's entire body is a violet color with a gelish consistency. She's retained her normal measurements and was able to manipulate her form enough to give herself some "clothing" matching the standard outfit in shape. Her short sword and it's holder is the only genuine article of clothing on her in this form, even though you can't see anything.

Trophies:
Kira Trine (Classic Clear)

--Description: Kira stands tall, feet together. She has her arms behind her back and is leaning forward with a mischevious smile. Her hair is allowed to flow free, ending at the base of her neck. If the player is to turn the trophey around, they'll see her holding a small red present behind herself.
--Character facts: At the age of 18, Kira's one of the youngest members of her guild. As part of the guild, she hunts monsters and the artifacts that resulted in their births. During this time, she hopes to bump into her elder sister, Rika, who has become legendary for saving a small village from a "Juggernaut", the term used to describe impossibly strong monsters. Kira keeps her relation to Rika secret to avoid expectations. She is remarkably cowardly, and has a phobia of tentacles from finding her sister's secret stash at a young age, but will force herself into combat if it means saving another.

Mina Lowe
--Description: A young, slightly tanned woman. Her nails are claw-like, and she has a wolf tail and two wolf ears. She's a full head shorter then Kira, and wears clothing that are two sizes too big. She has short brown hair, the same shade as Kira. Mina's torso is covered by a large white shirt, and her lower half is wrapped in a pair of blue jeans. Her shirt and pants are held by a brown belt with a silver buckle, preventing them from falling off. Mina's has a pair of black running shoes, each having the toe area removed for her claws/nails. Mins stands with her legs spread andher hands on her hips, smiling broadly.
--Character facts: The 17 years old girl is first seen seeking shelter from a storm and encountering bandits. While muscular for her size, Mina was quickly overwhelmed on her own, but was saved when Kira arrived. Mina has followed Kira everwhere since then, and is obviously smitten with her. Mina comes from a family of five, being the youngest. She's much more brave then Kira, and is very upbeat. Despite that, she has trouble communicating with others and could never really fess up to Kira about how she feels.

Rika Trine
--Description: A tall, thin, slightly muscular woman with long blonde hair and blue eyes. She's wearing a green jacket over a long sleeved white shirt, tan slacks, and white and blue shoes over red socks. Her face bears a deep resemblance to her younger sister's. She stands strait up with her sword raised in the air, her free hand on her hip and she's smiling broadly.
--Character facts: Rika is Kira's older sister and five years her elder. Rika gained legendary status after defeating a Juggernaut and saving a village. However, Rika's personality isn't fully known by the public. When on a mission and in mixed company, she is polite, blunt, and calm. When not in the field on a mission or talking to the higher ups she's brash, boisterous, and either obnoxious or a hoot, depending on your point of view. Rika is a leecher, though it's not obvious at first. She and Kira are very close, despite the elder getting on the younger's nerves. When not on a mission, she can be found in her favorite bar, the Blue Angel. Rika is above average in all stats, but her special attacks are very expensive.

~~(Custom Stage) Abandoned City~~
The stage is set in a early 1900's looking city, vines covering several buildings in the background and some of the smaller objects such as benches. The windows of the buildings are all completely gone. A few trees along the background of the stage have their roots cuting into the stone paths. What were once saplings now engulf much of the city.

The stage is a 30 custom stage builder block long walkoff stage. Upturned stones and large roots extend into the foreground, acting as ramps and solid blocks. Thinner branches hanging from the smaller trees hover 3 custom stage builder blocks off the ground, acting as two block long fallthrough platforms. A single pit exists in the center, two blocks wide. Every 8 seconds after the end of the last effect, a growl will echo from the background. After 3 more seconds, a random effect will occur:

-A large tentacle half the width of the pit and 5 custom blocks long will emerge from the hole, slam the left or right side of the ground, then drag itself back into the pit. It does 10% damage and sinks anyone hit into the ground as if they fell into a pitfall item. If Kira is left idle while the tentacle is out, she will shiver and pale visably. Takes a total of 6 seconds.
-10 fireballs, each the size of a custom stage builder block will fire out of the pit in pairs of two, arc, and land on a random area of the stage. Each hit does 15% damage, with medium knockback and hitstun. Takes 5 seconds to complete.
-The stage istelf will shake rapidly for a second, then a large geyser of water will shoot out of the pit and into the air, extending to the top of the screen. Anyone who touches the guyser will be launched upwards. Does no damage or hitstun, but it's possible to be sent clear off screen even at low damages. Lasts 5 seconds.
-A glowing ball of energy equal to four custom stage builder blocks in size will exit the pit. It will float towards the nearest enemy at the same speed that Ness's Up B travels. Contact with the sphere will inflict 20% damage and high knockback. The sphere lasts 4 seconds.
-A tornado appears in the pit, drawing all players and items towards it at a speed equal to Bowser's walk. Characters not on the ground will be draw towards it at double the rate others are. No damage in any way, but it will pull people into the hole if they're not careful.

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PSZ7dBzddU (Final Fantasy 3 Boss Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONfsUCAARE (Grandia 2 Random Battle Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbIlQwSZMM0 (Grandia 2 Mid Boss Battle Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCVWsJwpSA (Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter, "The Strong Enemy"(?))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgl6KbtCv7E (Star Ocean 2, Random Battle Theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEhfY1vjX3o (Star Ocean 2, "Incarnation of the Devil" (Penultimate Boss Theme))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwtASYeer8Y (LiveALive, "Megalomania" (Chapter Boss Theme))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSubLXwUI-w (LiveALive, "Battlissimo" (Battle Theme Medly)

~~Assist Trophy - Mina Lowe~~
Effect: Mina appears with a flourish, backflipping and shooting a victory sign at the screen. Mina will run around the background of the stage. She moves at a speed equal to Captain Falcon's run. Whenever an opponent grabs an item, she'll run towards that opponent. When she passes, she takes the opponent's item and throws it in a random direction. She'll stick around for 20 seconds. and other assist trophies can be used during this time. She can't steal Dragoon Parts or Smash Balls. If she steals an item from Kira, she'll yell "Sorry! Please forgive me!"

Snake Codec:
Snake: Hey Otacon, what's this girl doing on the battlefield?
Otacon: That's Kira, Snake. She's an original character who has just made her debut in Make Your Move 5.
Snake: The Make Your Move competition? So she's not here as an official Brawl fighter?
Otacon: No, but they're letting her fight anyways. Strage she's here though. She's the type to run when there's danger.
Snake: She looks pretty excited about this fight to me, but if you say so. This should be easy enough.
Otacon: Don't count on it. She may be cowardly, but she stands her ground when she has to. Her homeworld is crawling with monsters, native wildlife mutated by strange artifacts. She's become famous for tangling with the nastier ones.
Snake: Artifacts? I don't suppose they have anything to do with her weird powers?
Otacon: Right. As a member of a hunter guild, she's delt with them for a long time. They can give you powers if you hang around them.
Snake: She doesn't look mutated.
Otacon: They only mutate people or animals that make direct, unprotected contact over long periods.
Snake: Ah, okay... hmm... You think she'd loan me a few?
Otacon: May I ask why?
Snake: Think about it. Ocelot strolls in all smug, then suddenly his moustache bursts into flame.
Otacon: Hahahahahaha! Oh man, I can't wait!

~~Final Notes~~
Thanks to Junahu (and the people in the MYM5 chat that pointed me in his/her direction), I've finally been able to make Kira an official entry. Since Kira's my character, I had plenty of freedom with her moves, but I tried my best to avoid turning her into an overpowered Mary Sue or anything. I'm glad I managed to scrounge up so many extras, and I'm happy that she has a long list of unique moves without feeling like there's no direction. I've actually been working on Kira since my first moveset, but I couldn't really post it without a picture so I switched over to my other movesets. I feel happy with my choices regarding this moveset, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Edits:
(5/15/09): Tweaked the FS based on Junahu's suggestion.
(5/16/09): Added picture of Alternate Costumes. Thanks again, Junahu!
(5/18/09): Listed some comboes in the move descriptions that I missed. (Thanks for pointing them out, Junahu!)
(5/30/09): Minor edit of the Custom Stage
(6/03/09): Fixed some typos, added entrance animation since I forgot it.
(6/08/09): Updated the orginization, added lag mentions in the moves I forgot to, fixed multiple errors, tweaked a few attacks. Thank you for your review, SirKibble!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Heheh, I actually read this move set back when it was in that blog entry. Ice Geyser is my favorite move, I love atacks that alter the stage in some way.

The only thing I can think of that is close to being a "Mary Sue" is that you have the common trend of OC RPG characters to have every type of main elemental power in the same character (fire, wind, water, earth). However, the fact that you had the guts to make her into a cowardly main character more than makes up for any cliches she might have. So overall, this is definitley one of the better RPG OCs I've seen in a while. =D

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

King Koopa AKA Bowser REMIXED

Backstory
Bowser, also known as King Koopa, is a video game character and the primary antagonist of Nintendo's Mario series. In Japan, he is called Koopa. Bowser is Mario's archnemesis. He is the leader and most powerful of the turtle-like Koopa race. Although he is considered an antagonist due to his ambition to kidnap Princess Peach and conquer the Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser has allied with Mario in a few games, Even in games where he teams up with Mario to face a proverbial common enemy, he is often arrogant and egotistical, often joining for selfish reasons (such as to get his castle back from invaders or retrieve Peach's stolen voice so he can kidnap her again). Bowser uses the props and moves more from the appearances he has in games more than original moves. Bowser will boost a projectile, and will be a typical range and strong character.

Stats

Strength: 9/10

Bowser is a power house, destroying the majority of the roster at much more earlier percentages rather than most characters in Brawl.

General Lag of moves: 3/10

Bowser has a lot of laggy moves, so he is very punishable if he slips up.

Walking speed: 3/10

Bowser has a Bad *** walk, but unfortunately he moves very slowly due to concentrating on Bad assery, as you have too.

Running speed: 6/10

Bowser’s run, however, is quite fast for his size, being about average, which is good considering he’s the biggest and bulkiest character in the game.

Range: 9.5/10

No doubt about it that Bowser’s huge size plays a good part to this, many moves cover lots of space around him, and that approaching Bowser is going to be tougher than you think.

Projectile Range: 9/10

Bowser’s projectiles all travel very far, to maximise his defensive playstyle.

Weight: 10/10

Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, its obviously because of that stinking massive shell he carries around, seriously, it MUST smell in there.

Fall Speed: 7/10

Bowser falls down more-so than the average character, but he doesn’t drop down like a rock like Fox of Sheik (the rocks of Brawl, fall-speed wise).

Size: 10/10

Bowser is, however, the biggest character in the game, he’s more combo fodder than any other character.

1st Jump: 6.5/10

Bowser jumps quite high for his size, it’s only slightly above average though.

2nd Jump: 4/10

However, his second jump is only average, on the lowest side of average too.

Aerial Movement: 6.5/10

This is decent, it’s not as horrible as Diddy Kongs or Dededes, but it isn’t in the leagues of Wolf or Captain Falcons.

Crouch: 2/10

This is terrible, Bowser is still a huge target even when crouched.

Traction: 5.5/10

This is about average, like most characters.

Grab range: 8/10

The grab range is great, due to the size of massive fiyah breathing turtle.

Crawl: Yes
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

Note: You’d might like to read the B-air first before reading the Dash attack, U-air, U-throw, F-air, as it has it’s own unique “Spikes” mechanic.

Specials

Neutral Special: Fire Ball

Bowser will look to his left briefly, and then quickly look up into the sky, and then he looks forward like in the Gif above, and spits out a fireball like the above Gif (with a puff of black smoke coming from the mouth as he spits the fireball). This has low start-up and ending lag, and this move continues the same before when Bowser lands onto the ground if used in the air. The fireball travels about halve of Final Destination, and at a speed slightly faster than Marios fireball. The projectile also has mid priority, and travels in a straight line. This does 6% and has low hit-stun. Use this to make the opponent approach you, as this has very little lag in it.
<6%>

Origin: Super Mario Bros.

Side Special: Poison Gas

Bowser sticks his right hand out forward, and he swings his index finger around and around to the left with an evil grin on his face. As Bowser does this, a green cloud with a smiley face appears in front of Bowser, and then when it’s at the end of the charging part of the move, it will pour down green rain down to the ground for 2 seconds afterwards (the range is when it hits the ground/boundary), poisoning anyone in the area below the cloud, and then the cloud will disappear. This move is also different type of charge, the move will always last the same amount of seconds each time. To charge this move, you have to rotate the control stick/D-pad round and round for 3 seconds, and the more you rotate it, the bigger the cloud gets. If you don’t do anything, the Cloud will be the size of Bowser, and when you charge it to the max (10 swirls of the control stick), it will be the size of 2/5s of Final Destination (still a Bowser thick though).

The actual poison itself isn’t affected by the charge, only the range is. When the opponent touches the cloud, they’ll fall 1.3 times slower if they go through the cloud, and be affected by stronger poison. This move has a lot of starting and ending lag (as you can tell). Each drop of the rain does 1%, and when the rain stops/you get out of it, the remaining poison will do an extra 4%. When the opponent enters the cloud, every second it’ll do 2% for every second you stay in there, and if you get out of the cloud/it disappears before you go into the rain, it’ll do an extra 8% afterwards (this does no flinching at all). The opponent will have a slight purple tint the whole body, showing they’re poisoned. If you use this in the air near the edge, the move will cancel out at its current size, and rain on the stage, and you can go on back to the stage, although you’ll most likely get punished for using this off the stage. This has great range, and can cause easy damage (as it can’t be shielded either), but it can be easily avoided and is highly punishable.
<Variable damage>

Origin: Super Mario RPG Specials.

Up Special: Klown Kart

Bowser boards the Klown kart like the above picture, Bowser will look down on the opponents in the same fashion as the above picture. The Klown Kart will be halve the size of Bowser, with a little propeller at the bottom of it. Bowser will have constant super armour frames, and the more it gets damaged, the faster/further it goes (this will be shown as the Clown face will have orange evil eyes and grin). However, if you get hit so much, it explodes in Bowsers face, and Bowser won’t be able to use his Up-b for the rest of his current stock (it would probably be the end of Bowsers life at this point), so you can jump out of it (the same height as the first jump). The Klown kart takes a maximum of 50%, and when the health is gone by being hit by normal moves, it deals 20% and high knockback to Bowser, which would send him diagonally upwards. When the Klown kart hasn’t been hurt, it travels about 3.5 stage builder blocks at a very slow pace (even slower than Snakes Up-B). At 49% Health, it travels about 5 stage builder blocks upwards at a very fast speed. This makes Bowser very hard to gimp, as the more damage it takes, the harder it is to hit it, and it might be an idea to make the Klown Kart get hit somewhat before, so it goes a great distance, but it’s hard to get it just right, and if you slip up, you’ll kiss a stock good bye when you don’t have this.
<0%>

Origin: Super Mario World

Down Special: Minion Patrol

Bowser looks down to the ground, and then he clicks his right fingers twice, and then points his finger forward. Then suddenly, a minion appears. Each minion have a different percentage to appear. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. You can also hurt your own minions as well. You can only have 2 on the stage at one time. Here are the following minions you can send out:

Goomba:

Possibility of appearing: 45%

The most standard one, the walk in one line, and they are easily defeated by being jumped on, and take a maximum of 15% before dying in a different way other than jumping on him. Goomba travels slower than Bowser’s walk, and when the opponent walks into him, it does 6% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When Goomba sees an opponent, he tries running into the opponent (doing 8% instead), but it’s not much faster than his ordinary walk. If Goomba walks near a ledge, it will turn around automatically. Goomba automatically disappears after 15 seconds if it doesn’t die.
<6/8%>

Koopa Troopa:

Possibility of appearing: 30%

Koopa Troopa is basically the same size as in the SSE. Koopa Troopa isn’t that fast, only being a tad faster than Goombas run. Koopa Troopa retreat back into their shell when they get jumped on, and it takes 5 seconds for Koopa Troopa to stand up again. When Koopa Troopa’s in his shell, you can jump on/throw the shell like an ordinary item (the same damage as the normal brawl item). Koopa Troopa also takes 20% before it dies as well. When the opponent walks into a walking Koopa Troopa, it does 7% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. Koopa Troopa also turns around on edges, and it takes 15 seconds to disappear if they are still alive then.
<7%>

Boo:

Possibility of appearing: 15%

Boo is about double the size of a Koopa shell. Boo does what he does best, follow one opponent who isn’t facing him, and when he the opponent does face him, Boo will turn invisible, and cannot get hit. Boo travels about the same speed as Ganondorfs run, and he can go through platforms like how a “Ghost” can apparently. Boo have a total of 25hp, and the opponent can easily use an aerial on him though. When Boo comes into contact of the opponent, he will screech out loud, sending the opponent far. This has little start-up lag, but quite a bit of ending lag, which he is vulnerable too. This does 11% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. Boo disappears after 15 seconds if it does not die.
<11%>

Mecha Koopa

Possibility of appearing: 5%

Mecha Koopa walks about the speed of Marths walk for the beginning 3 seconds, but then it slows down considerably to the same speed as a Koopa Troopa. Mecha Koopa is a bit smaller than Koopa Troopa as well. Mecha Koopa cannot truly die, only pause for a bit when it gets jumped on, being squashed for 3 seconds, and being grab-able like a Koopa Shell, but it doesn’t slide on the floor, to bounces on the ground. It des the same amount of damage as a Koopa Shell, but does a tad more knockback. Mecha Koopa won’t flinched if it gets hit any other way than being jumped on top of. When a Mecha Koopa runs into the opponent, it does 13% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When Mecha Koopa walks into an opponent, it does 7% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. Mecha Koopa disappears after 20 seconds, and turns around on corners.
<7%>

Dry Bones:

Possibility of appearing: 5%

Dry Bones is awfully similar to Mecha Koopa. Dry Bones is the same size of a Koopa Troopa, and walks a tad slower than it as well. Dry Bones can’t be hurt other than jumping on him, which makes him tumble down in a heap for 3 seconds. When Dry Bones fall down, his head is a hit-box as it tumbles down, which does 9% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. This only really applies when you in a match with 3+ characters. When Dry Bones walk into the opponent, it does 6% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. Dry Bones automatically disappears after 20 seconds.
<6/9%>

Standards/Tilts

Neutral A: Drill Clawer

Bowser first slashes diagonally downwards with his right hand in this move. This has mid-low priority, but at least it very low start-up lag, and can be cancelled into other moves. This part of the move does 4% and a stun which can be linked to the second part of this move. The second part of this move is that Bowser leans to his left side, and sticks his claws straight forward, with the hand in a flat position. This move has good range (more-so than Bowsers f-tilt in Brawl), and it comes out quick after the first part of this move. This has medium priority, and has a bit of ending lag. This does 7% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. This looks somewhat familiar to the first part of Bowsers Neutral A combo, and Bowser’s Forward Tilt in Brawl. At higher percentages, this should send the opponents far enough to be linked into a F-tilt or F-smash
<4% + 7% = 11% altogether>

Origin: Super Mario RPG: Bowser with “Unarmed/Drill Claw” weapon equipped.

Dash Attack: Whirling Fortress

Bowser retreats back into his shell, and spins around clockwise, and we can see slash like visual effects around the shell. Bowser will go about a third of Battlefields main platform forward. This has little start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag. The first hit-box of the move (pretty much as soon as you do it) does knockback, while the rest does multiple hits like the normal Bowser’s Whirling fortress in Brawl. The first hit-box does 12% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. The other multiple hits can do a maximum of 15% and just stun. This also has high priority as well. This move isn’t as useful as it was as an Up-B, as you can’t perform it out of the shield to hit the opponent with a sweet-spotted Up-b. If you have no spikes left from the B-air mechanic, it’ll just have the first strong hit-box, making Bowser vulnerable if you miss it.
<12%/ 15% (18% with new spikes)>

Origin: Mario Power Tennis/Super Smash Bros Melee (Up-B)

Forward Tilt: Bullet Bill

Bowser first turns around very quickly, and grabs hold of a Bullet Bill cannon, and sticks it into the ground and screws it in. The cannon is about a Lucario size height, and it performs as a small platform and wall, although grab able when it’s placed on an edge. The Bullet Bill cannon can take 25% damage before it collapses, and you can only place one a time, meaning that when you can’t use place another cannon down again until the Cannon is broken. You also have an ammunition of 3 Bullet Bills per a cannon, so when you want to use it again, you have to break the cannon down. You can only fire Bullet bills when you press Forward Tilt when you’re right next to the cannon. This can be used on both sides, and the Bullet Bill will be shot out of the other side of the cannon (Bowser will grab the cannons head, and it has a handle, which he pulls back when you press Forward Tilt, although it’s a bit rusty, so it takes a while to shoot a Bullet Bill {lag mentioned below}). It takes quite a long time to set-up the Cannon however.

When you use this, a Bullet Bill will fly forward horizontally, and doesn’t stop unless it hits an obstacle or reaches the death boundaries, and when the opponent is nearby, it will try to home the opponent down, although it’s movement of homing down the opponent is poor, and if the opponent air dodges, Bullet Bill carries on travelling in a line. The Bullet Bill also travels at a speed about the same as Wolfs Blaster as well. This also has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag as well. This move is very powerful, and it explodes upon impact on an obstacle. This does 17% and high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. This move is a KO moves, and it can be used to gimp the opponent at early percentages from a large range of moves. However, this move has many flaws, obviously the amount of time to set the cannon up, the small amount of damage it takes till it breaks, and the amount of start-up lag on the firing of the cannon, PLUS you can only use 3 bullet bills at one time. However, it also has a potential to become a wall, which means you can chain throws and be a danger in doubles (Especially if you have King Dedede on your side), and the early percentages it can potentially kill at. Also it can be harder to tether if Bowser plants it on the edge, as the opponent has to be higher to latch to the edge. Very powerful in the tools of a master.
<17%>

Origin: Super Mario bros.

Up Tilt: Hammer Throw

Bowser will look upwards into the sky, and reaches his hands backwards and grabs hold of a hammer, and then Bowser leaps into the air a few inches of the ground, and throws the hammer in an arc, like the above picture. This move has low start-up and ending lag. The hammers travel very slowly, about the same speed as Luigis fire-ball, and it reaches about 2 stage builder blocks high, and about a third of Final destination away. If you use this 2 times in a space of 4 seconds, the next time you use this, Bowser will throw 2 hammers at the same time, with one of the hammers being lower than the other. Each hammer does 5% and a very slight stun. Can be used if the opponents on an above platform, hurting them easily and makes the opponent air-doge into a bad position.
<5%>

Origin: Super Mario Bros.

Down Tilt: Fire breath

Bowser will crouch down like in the Paper Mario picture, and breaths down fire a short distance in front of himself. The fire is bright orange, and is about 1 stage builder block thick, and reaches about 3 stage builder blocks in front of Bowser. The fire breath also shortens the longer you hold it down, just like Bowser’s Fire-breath in Brawls. This has low start-up and ending lag, and it has low priority. This does 9% per a second. This is can get out of by DI, it can rake up some good damage, but isn’t useful for anything else.
<9% every second>

Origin: Super Mario 64 (crouches down like in Paper Mario).

Aerials

Back Air: Spike Missile

Bowser will stick its shell more outwards while looking backwards, and then one of the spikes on the shell will shoot out horizontally, and as it gets shot out, it makes a “ping” sound. When you do this again straight afterwards, another spike on Bowsers shell will disappear, and it takes 3 seconds before the spikes come back, this means that if you use this a certain times in a row, the more spikes will be off of Bowsers shell. The spike travels about the speed of Wolfs Blaster, and travels about halve the size of Smashville. This has low start-up and ending lag, but it has quite a bit of landing lag. The spike does 5% and a very weak meteor smash. The spike also has mid priority as well. Bowsers only true move which is a meteor smash. This is one of his quickest projectiles, but is also one of the projectiles with the least amount of range.
<5% (6% with new spikes)>

If, however, you use this so many times that ALL of the spikes on Bowser’s shell aren’t there, it takes 5 seconds for all the spikes to regenerate. However, the spikes will come out more sparkly and shinier than they did before. This increases damage and knockback by 1.2 times more which involve the shell. The spikes will stay in this form for 10 seconds, so make use of this time. (Bowser has about 8 spikes on the shell).

Origin: Super Mario RPG

Neutral Air: Mud Roll

Bowser will first look at the screen with his arms out wingspread, and then all of the sudden, the mud like substance surrounds Bowser like in the above (poor) picture, and has a gap for Bowsers head sticking out. The Mud ball spins forward, and Bowser drops down like a rock (not as fast as his D-air). This has a unique property, if the opponent is near Bowser when he does this, they’ll get sucked up into the Ball, and the higher Bowser and the opponent is, the more damage/knockback it does when they crash into the game, and the ball explodes. This has super armour frames similar to Snakes Up special, as in it takes 10% for Bowser to get knocked out of this move (0% if you hit Bowser’s head, which is very hard to do). You can also get out of the Ball early by pressing A or any input again, and Bowser will break out of it in mid-air, similar how Kirby gets out of his Down B (the lag being somewhat longer though). This has a bit of start-up and ending lag, and a TON of landing lag. When you let get out of the ball with the opponent in, it does 11% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. When you hit the opponent with this move when they’re not in it, this does 10% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When you hit the ground with the opponent in the mud ball at the lowest point to the ground, this does 8% and mid-low knockback. When you hit the ground with the opponent inside the mud-ball at the highest point (4 stage builder blocks upwards), this does 20% and high knockback (this sends the opponent diagonally upwards). Another way to hurt the opponent if they are to close to Bowser in the air. Don’t use this off the stage though, unless you going to attempt to BOWSERCIDE and don’t let go off the opponent, as this pummels you downwards with bad lag I you let go.
<8% - 20%>

Origin: Super Mario Galaxy

Forward Air: Shell Rush

Bowser goes inside his shell, and then the shell swells up about 1.5 times the size of the normal Bowser’s shell which is swirling around clockwise. Bowser will then dashes forward a short distance in the air, about a ¼ of Battlefields main platform. This move has a small amount of start-up and ending lag, but the duration of this move is quite long, and the landing lag is very punishable. The dash of the move slows down drastically after about 0.5 seconds, and this is the moves sour-spot. The sweet-spot of this move does 15% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. The sour-spot of this move does 9% and mid-knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. If the opponent touches the spikes of this move at the same time as the sweet-spots/sour-spot, it does 2 - 6% less damage and a more upwards knockback depending on how many spikes it has (with obviously the fewer spikes the less amount of damage it’ll cause). The dash makes this move have high range, and since the hit-box is huge, you’ll probably knock the opponent with it. This move has high priority. This move should be used when the opponent approaches you in the air, this’ll most likely knock the opponent away. This can be used to approach with as well, but the opponent should be doing the chasing, not Bowser.
<15/9% (16/11% with new spikes)>

Origin: Mario Kart Double Dash (his special item)

Up Air: Fire Shell

Bowser retreats back into the shell, and rotates its body clockwise, and at the same time spurring some fire around at the same time. There will also be some slash-like visual effects above the spikes of the shells as the shell spins around. This has a bit of start-up and ending lag, with little landing lag. The spikes have mid priority, and the fire is disjointed. The fire as goes out about the same distance as ROBs F-smash around. The fire does 9% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The spikes do multiple hits, but the total it can do is 16% and the final hit does mid knockback, which sends the opponent upwards.
<9%/ 16% (20% with new spikes)>

If you have no spikes left (following from the B-air mechanic), the shell does one hit, and the hit-box last throughout the duration of the move. The shell does 12% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. You can use this move to space the opponent, as it has good range.

Down Air: Bowser Bomb

Bowser will do a forward roll while facing the screen before entering the pose like above pictures. This is a stall and fall that lasts until it hits the floor (meaning, if you use this off the stage, you’ll kill yourself). Bowser will then drop to the ground at high speed (just like in Smash). This has very large amount of start-up and ending lag, this is very, very punishable (at least the duration isn’t that long). This move has mid priority, and the strongest point of the move is when the opponent is on the ground as well. Against a grounded opponent, this does a powerful 20% (1% less than the Bowser Bomb in Brwalz) and high-high knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. On an aerial opponent, this does 16% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. Use on an unexpected opponent, the use of Mindgames will help this move. This move also grabs the ledge when you do this above the edge, so you can use it while opponents going to land on the stage. Pretty much exactly the same as Bowser’s Bomb in brawl.
<20/16%>

Origin: Super Mario Bros 3

Smashes

Forward Smash: Spike Link/Chain Chomp Fling

Bowser first swings around a Spike Link or Chain Chomp (the Probability of getting either is 50%, as the actual effect on the objects are no different) around his own head three times anti clockwise with his right hand. This goes about one and a halve distance of R.O.Bs Forward Smash in front and back of Bowser. This move has a disjointed hit-box, and the range is obviously huge. This move, surprisingly, has a very small amount of start-up lag, but the ending lag is quite long, and the duration of this move is almost as bad as Snakes F-smash from start to finish. This part of the move does 20% (27% fully charged) and does high-low knockback (very high knockback fully charged), which sends the opponent horizontally. This part of the move lasts about 0.7 seconds, with the hit-box being out constantly and at the same strength at the start of the move. Used when the opponent gets too close to you, and hit them with the low start-up lag.
<20% - 27%>

The second part of this move is that Bowser will throw the Chain Chomp/Spike Link straight forwards in a horizontal line, and Bowser will crouch down a bit a stick it’s right index finger forward. The range of this move is about 3/4 the size of a fully charged Samus Charge Shot, and that the Chain Chomp/Spike Link is about 2.3 stage builder blocks big. This has high priority – for a projectile. This does 8% (14% fully charged) and low-high (mid knockback fully charged) knockback which sends the opponent horizontally. Use this move when the opponents far away, about the same distance between the characters at the spawn points of Battlefield, but depending on the opponents character and the speed of the character is when the further you should use this move, although it’s very predictable, and may only be semi-useful at gimping.
<8% - 14%>

Origin: Super Mario RPG: Bowser with “Spike Link/Chain Chomp” weapon equipped, obviously.

Up Smash: Terrorise

Bowser will first turn to face the camera, and Bowser will have his arms covering his face for a brief moment (and when you charge this up), and then he will stick his arms back to his side with his eyes bright red, and then he laughs out loud mechanically. When he roars, a tiny bit of purple energy will fly out all sides from Bowsers head and the more you charge this, the bigger the purple energy will be released. This actually does no damage, but when the opponent is about a stage builder block away from Bowser (3 stage builder blocks fully charged), the opponent will run away from Bowser the opposite direction for 1.5 seconds (3 seconds fully charged) and then they gain back control of their character. This move deals no damage, and it has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag as well however. This doesn’t always work though, if the opponent is facing AWAY from Bowser, this will not work. However, if the opponent is in the air when Bowser does this, they simple reverse the direction they looking at, but not give height to the opponent’s air time, unlike Mario’s Cape. The opponent has to be a tad closer in the air to be affected by this move instead on a grounded opponent. This move can be used to gimp if you want (somewhat unreliable though). The main purpose of this move is to follow it up to a Forward Tilt or Forward Smash, and finish the opponent with ease, although landing it will be hard.
<0%>

Origin: Super Mario RPG (Special)

Down Smash: Warp Pipe Placement.

Bowser will look to his back quickly, and then he pulls out a Warp pipe about the same size of Lucario and a stage builder block wide (about 3 Captain Falcons tall fully charge), and sticks the warp pipe into the ground right in front of Bowser. When Bowser does this, the Warp pipe sound when Mario goes down it plays for a brief moment. Bowser can place 2 Warp pipes down at a time, and when you try and use it again, the animation won’t happen. The only way to add more is when you or the opponent break the Warp pipe, which is 25% uncharged, and 50% fully charged). When you place 2 Warp pipes down, it will do something special (stated in the next paragraph) happens. This has a lot of Start-up lag and ending lag. When the opponent goes on top of a Warp pipe, a Piranha Plant pops up and bites up. The piranha plant is about 1 stage builder block big. The piranha plant does 11% and a very strong meteor smash downwards (14% fully charged), although it won’t matter, as you will go onto the Warp Pipe. The piranha plant will only appear 4 times on 1 Warp pipe. The Warp pipes have grab-able ledges, and can be used as a wall.
<11% - 14%>

Now, but when you have 2 Warp Pipes, if you press down on one of the Warp Pipes, you go down the Warp pipe, and go up the other Warp pipe you go on. The opponent can also use the warp pipe as well. When you go down the Warp Pipe, it also makes the same chime when you go down a Warp pipe in any Mario game. So if you want to retreat and/or camp, place the Warp Pipes on both sides of the stage, and when the opponent gets near you, go into the Warp pipe and run away. It takes 1 second to fully transport from one Warp pipe to another, so this is much more effective on massive stages such as the Temple, and worse on stages like Battlefield. This is an effective escape route for Bowser, and can also be used as a wall. Very helpful, but it’s also very laggy.

Grab: Koopa Klaw

Bowser’s grab animation is slightly slower than most of Brawls cast, Bowser slashes forward like his Brawls/Melees Side-b slash. His dash attack has the most ending lag, falling over like in Brawl when he performs a Dash Grab. Also to note, when any character performs a swinging move like Mario’s Back Throw, the opponent swings Bowser’s tail around instead of the legs or body (This is from Super Mario 64).

Pummel: Koopa Krunch

Bowser starts biting the opponent like how he did in Melee with his Side-b grab and when he bitten the opponent back then. This is faster than Bowser’s standard pummel now in Brawl, being a bit quicker than it, and having a small amount of ending lag. This deals about 3% with each bite. Use it before throwing to rack up damage.
<3%>

Origin: Super Smash Bros Melee

Forward Throw: Hurley Gloves

King Koopa picks up the opponent underneath their arm pits, and has the opponent over his head. After a few moments, Bowser throws the opponent horizontally. This move has little start-up and ending lag. This deals 7% and mid knockback. There’s a twist in this move, if there is an opponent that is about 2 ROBs away from Bowser, the thrown enemy bounces of the opponent back into Bowsers hands, and Bowser throws the opponent for a second time, dealing the same amount of damage and knockback as the first throw. This however makes the move last longer, and gets easier to interrupt.
<7% (x2)>

Origin: Super Mario RPG: Bowser with “Hurley Gloves” weapon equipped.

Back Throw: Suction Spit

Bowser eye rakes the opponent, and the opponent holds their eyes while looking down to the ground, while Bowser begins to evilly laugh. After this, Bowser braces himself, and starts sucking in the opponent. If the opponent gets trapped in, the opponent will get trapped in Bowsers body, and Bowser will then spit him out in 3 different ways all in the same fashion (Up, left and right, and the knockback will be in the same direction as the spit). This has low start-up and ending lag. Depending on the percentage on the opponent, depends if they’ll be able to get away before the sucking (which is about 25% or less). The rake does 3% and stun which gets longer the more percentage the opponent has. The inhale is about as strong as King Dedede’s inhale, maybe a tad shorter. Bowser will stay breathing the air in for 1.5 seconds if the opponent doesn’t get sucked up. Bowser has the same movement as King Dedede as well, and the opponent can get out of it by button mashing. The spit does 8% and mid-low knockback (the direction is stated already before). That’s right; you have 2 BOWSERCIDES. YAAY FOR BOWSERCIDES (albeit this one can be grabbed out of, unlike his N-air).
<3% + 8% = 11% altogether>

Origin: Mario and Luigi 3.

Up Throw: Shell Shocker

Bowser tosses the opponent upwards, and then he retreats back into his shell, and spins around quickly while the opponent lies on the spikes on Bowsers shell (we can slash like visual effects from the shell). This has some start-up and ending lag. This does 8 multiple hits, and it does 11% and it does mid-low knockback (last hit does 3%), which sends the opponent upwards. This is also affected by the B-air mechanic, and the fewer spikes you have obviously the less damage it does. If Bowser doesn’t have any shells left, it does 8% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.
<11 – 3% (14% with new spikes)/ 8%>

Origin: Super Smash bros Brawl

Down Throw: Play time!!!

Bowser pins the opponent on the ground, and the opponent starts waving their arms around in terror of what Bowser is going to do. We all know what it is going to be, it’s just impossible not to throw it away. That’s right; Bowser slams on top of the opponent with his arms spread out while they can’t do anything. It’s a good thing the creators didn’t give Bowser any “thrusting” moves. This has a bit of start-up and ending lag. This does 9% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. At early percentages, you can follow it up with a dash attack or F-smash. /LiteralRape
<9%>

Origin: Super Smash bros Brawl

Final Smash: Airship Fortress

Bowser gets the smash ball! zOMG! Bowser starts to laugh evilly, and then an airship appears behind Bowser from the back of the screen, and Bowser jumps on top of it. Bowser will stick his finger out when he commands the cannons to be shot, and Bullet Bills will appear from the 3 cannons. The Bullet Bills will home into the nearest opponent, and when they hit, it does 20% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. You can control where the airship goes with the control stick (he moves up and down and left to right quite quickly with great control). The Bullet Bills will be shoot out automatically, and this lasts a total of 16 seconds. After this, Bowser will laugh again and jump back onto the playing field.

Playstyle:

Bowser is a very defensive character who boosts a lot of projectiles. Bowser also has some very powerful attacks as well to finish opponents off. Bowser can stop a lot of approaches with Forward Smash at close range, and an F-air or N-air at close range in the air. Bowser has a lot of projectiles, actually 5, each varying in properties. Bowser has the tools to attack from the far, and produce a wall of projectiles, making it hard for the opponent to simply approach you.

Bowser also has some nicer killer moves, but they are often laggy, and if you miss, you’ll get punished harshly. Also, if you fail to stop an opponents approach, it’ll be very hard for Bowser to get away from the opponent. Bowser is also more reliant to being combo fodder, due to his huge size and weight; he’ll take a couple of large blows before being back on his feet.

Another thing that Bowser has is that he has great stage control, and can alter the stage with F-tilt and down smash. This can be very helpful and act as a good wall in doubles, so setting these up will be highly favoured if you have the likes of dedede on your side. Bowser also patrols the stage with his Down B, minion patrol. The minions don’t have much going on for them unfortunately, but they should be used to annoy the opponent and make the opponent target them, putting the opponent in a bad position for you to take place off. Also, if you get the likes of Koopa Troopa, you might want to hurt him yourself to pick up the shell and toss it like a weapon.

If you want to get those stronger spikes from the B-air mechanic, you’d might like to use this while, lets say, the opponent is knocked off the stage, so you can spam the B-air to your hearts content with no punishment. However, if you try to use the spikes as a projectile, you’ll put some of your moves in a much weaker position, such as the U-air or U-throw.

Overall, you should use Bowser as a campy character, and destroy the opponent when they foolishly try to approach you. We’ll show those Pesky Plumbers Smashboardians who think I’m a fat ****, Koopa Troopas, MOVE OUT!!!

Taunts:

Up: Laughing Koopa

Bowser will look up into the sky, and starts laughing mechanically with his eyes shut, and then Bowser sticks his finger up and pointing back at himself, signalling the opponent to “Come and face me like a man HURRRR”.

Side: Troopa Roar

Bowser will stick its head back into his chest, and then he makes an almighty roar that slightly rumbles the screen a bit, the screech is like the ones from Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy.

Down: Enraged Turtle

Bowser will have an angry look on his face, a constipated one? He looks very annoyed. Bowser will then proceed to stomp on the ground multiple of times before the taunt ends. The stomps rumbles the ground a bit.

Victory Taunts:

1: Stylish Shell

Bowser will appear in his shell, and the shell is spinning around very fast, and then he sticks his limbs out of the shell with his body facing away from the camera, while his face tilted to the screen, having an evil grin on his face.

2: Troops, move out

Bowser will stand back laughing and pointing 3 Koopa Troopas and Goombas to move out forward, and they all run to the screen from different angles, with Bowser still laughing.

3: Evil Roar

Bowser will first hold back some breath to let out a massive roar that will shake the screen a bit, and then Bowser will keep in a hunched position after howling.

Losing Pose:

Bowser will first be seen having tears run down his face, but then he realises he has a reputation, so he starts waving his arms up and down, trying to signalise that he has been cheated and that it wasn’t a fair contest.

Alternate Costumes:

:laugh: :bee: :mad088: :mad: :mad088: :bee: :laugh:
:laugh: :bee: :mad088: :mad: :mad088: :bee: :laugh:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Awesome!

Besides the moves being really creative (Love the Spikes mechanic), this is Bowser if he actually had a move set that worked with his defensive playstyle in Brawl. He can actually force an approach now!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Awesome!

Besides the moves being really creative (Love the Spikes mechanic), this is Bowser if he actually had a move set that worked with his defensive playstyle in Brawl. He can actually force an approach now!
:bee:
As one of my aims, I made it so it enforced his natural defencive playstyle in Brawl, but unfortunatly he was left poorly designed. I tried to make sure this would be the ideal playstyle Bowser mains would <3. Of course, I wanted it to be creative (not outrageously creative like AOSTH Robotnik with his wacked out moves) with some nice quirks as well, and I hope I hit those targets!

zOMG, Dancingfrogman and his DFM Green Code (That's right, in Brwals I force myself to use the green recolour) hasn't used 3 sections, and it's about 4,000 words shorter lolololol

Junahu

Smash Ace
Kira was an enjoyable read, and everything fitted in perfectly with her playstyle.
That probably doesn't sound like much of a compliment, but many movesets in MYM have moves that flat out contradict their playstyle, so its always nice to see a moveset that puts a little more thought into the process.

There are some creative combinations hidden in there (Up-Throw + Up-Air + Foreward-Smash, Up-Smash + Down-Air etc.) and her teleporting grab sounds just plain evil. The specials are all suitably defensive, other than the Neutral-B + Down-B combination for obvious reasons.

The final Smash doesn't seem long enough though. Considering everything is slowed down to 1/4 speed, 15 seconds ends up as less than 4 full speed seconds. Almost any character could avoid you for 4 seconds so it's hard to see this actually scoring KOs.
I think her Fnal Smash might be better off at 1/3 speed.

Agi

Smash Lord

Bowser Time! Oh, man... seeing all the moves ripped from virtually every single one of Bowser's appearances was a massive wave of nostalgia. But... I'm really glad I read it, as it gave me the final thing I needed for my moveset. I'll wait a while to post it, to give both sets on this page the attention they deserve. :p

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
King Koopa was awesome. Much better than Sakurai's pitiful attempt at Bowser.

@Shadow: I haven't read your new set yet, but I will later tonight.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

MIDO

When the Assist Trophy is picked up, this **** head hops out. He will block your movement, not allowing you to pass right if you were on the left of the character activating the Assist Trophy, and he won't allow you to pass left if you were on the right of the character. If you try to jump, teleport, glide, or any aerial means of bypassing him, an invisible wall will hold you back. The same goes for trying to pass underneath him. If you attack him, he will respond, "You cannot pass until you have equipped both a sword AND a shield!" Suitably, only Link and Toon Link can get past Mido. He will step back in the background and grumble to himself.​

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Alright, after Fake Man is completed (or maybe before, it's going slowly), I have shifted my priorities a little, and will probably make Ghost Man, which is an original Robot Master. Afterwards, I expect Hornet Man and Splash Woman, then some other Robot Masters. :bee:
I've just generally been trying to think of original creations. Also, I'm wondering: Does anyone want to review Metal Man?

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Wow... a Bowser people will actually want to play! Nintendo could learn a thing from you. You turned a character that Nintendo had made nearly worthless into a tank that's almost impossible to approach. The projectiles are a great addition, Bowser's way too slow to be shunted in the reach department. I think there was a typo, though. On the Up-B, you said that at 50%(max), the Klown Kart travels 3.5 Stage Blocks up very slowly, then at 49%, it goes 5 blocks very fast. Did you mean that as the Stamina left, or like just under half of the max?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom