• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I must apologize for my late comments on all these recent movesets. Honestly, I found (and am still finding) it hard to make my way through them after plowing through Warlord's Al moveset. In all honesty, I'm not going to give them all super-thorough reads, but I'll let you know what my thoughts on a few particular moves or points are.

Comments on Cammy White

First thing to catch my attention about this moveset is the Street Fighter feel of it. Depending on the aspect, though, that's either a good or a bad thing. I love the use of the Super Meter, and the way you gave Cammy so many of her actual Street Fighter techniques. However, I can't say I'm such a big fan of making the player input those Street Fighter-esque combos with the analog stick. The other thing I'm also torn on with this moveset is the basic nature of a fair number of Cammy's moves. It's certainly fitting of a Street Fighter entry, but at the same time, it keeps her from being as interesting to read as one might like. While a good entry, I don't feel this measures up to some of your past works like Midna and Yuji & Shana, Silver.

Comments on Tsuru Tsurulina III

As has been said, the first thing that this moveset needs is an organizational fix. A few of the tags are unclosed, resulting in a few random [noparse] and [B][/noparse] tags throughout the moveset, and it could use a second look at the spacing, as well as a size change for headers and such. It's really a pity that this moveset's so hard to look at, because it's a pretty good effort from a total newcomer. There are a few hidden gems among those attacks, but I'm afraid they won't get much attention without a more friendly look to the whole thing.

[size=3][b]Comments on [url=http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7444420#post7444420][color=darkorchid]Hypno[/color][/url][/b][/size]

It's about time we saw more material from you, Tanookie! Okay, so I really like all the Psychic-typed moves used and those attacks you pulled from your own creativity. In particular, I'm a fan of moves like Dream Eater and Future Sight, the way you implemented them. I also want to compliment that absolutely beautiful organization of this. The highlighting of damage percentages and important information is something I've been thinking about since Rool did it with Shellder, but I think this really perfects Shellder's method. The only thing that immediately sticks out as a problem is the Throw. If an opponent is hit with the Pummel, they're pretty much screwed. I don't imagine it'd be terribly difficult to catch an opponent of guard and sneak the Pummel in quickly, either. Especially for characters with a stall-then-fall like Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, or Sonic, a quick-falling move like Kirby, Yoshi, and Bowser, or a move than can be used over the edge that forces a helpless state, like Ike's Quick Draw or Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost, this spells certain death. Really, that's my only big concern with this moveset. Honestly, for the most part, it's really awesome.

[size=3][b]Comments on [url=http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7448663#post7448663][color=sandybrown]Kaptain Skurvy[/color][/url][/b][/size]

Wow, this is big. The detail level's certainly not lacking, and the moves are pretty creative to boot. I have to say, I'm not such a fan of the references to Pirates of the Caribbean and, um...Captain Crunch...in the moveset, even if they're not huge, important things. I also think a few moves, like the Side Special, seem a little unfitting, but I don't really know the character; I was never a big Donkey Kong fan. Anyway, sorry I can't offer a more insightful commentary, but frankly, that wall kind of scares me. :ohwell:

EDIT: Another already? *Sigh*

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Two more, huh?
Well, one, Kibble, you can call me PC if you like, I don't care at all.

Okay, Skurvy: Well, I never actually watched the DKC series, but from what everyone else is saying, you captured his character really well. However, that's also a bit of a problem...I mean, I don't hate random effects, but most of the ones in there are really hard to utilize correctly, in particular the Neutral Special. I mean, the effects just kind of get in the way. What if you need to K.O your opponent whose below you, but instead of a cannonball you get a Cloud? The chance of the clouds appearing isn't enough to depend on, but it can help you at times. Then again, it's just common enough to really screw you over, too.
Also, there is a thing as TOO original...too many side-effects(yes, even though I also tend to include a lot) can ruin a set. Fortunately, the Kap'n doesn't go too far overboard(though he's walking the plank). However, my overall review for this set is positive. I love the originality, although I don't get what the references to Captain Krunch and The Pirates Of The Caribbean have to do with Donkey Kong. I guess he's a pirate and all...oh well, at least you didn't reference Tetra. Anyways, keep up the good work, just lay off the random side-effects.

Tsuru: Well, I couldn't really read that well. You need to work on your organization a lot. Anyways, it was really original, and I liked the brain-grabbing. All those phrases would get annoying as hell, though. If Warlord or someone had posted this in an actual format, it would have been all the rave, I'll say that. In fact, before the judging begins, I'd recommend that you re-do this in a better format, and touch up the descriptions a little. Who knows, it may just make it through. Actually, look at the Sins' formats, or even mine, as I pretty much copied it from Warlord. That will be a good guideline for future sets.

Raven: One: Dammit! Oh well, my Firefox acted up, so I have to re-do a little bit of Hagiri's set anyways. Well, Raven's really good, to say the least. I liked the time stopping ability, but how the hell are they vulnerable to incoming attacks? Nobody on the field can move at all. Does it not stop attacks or something? Also, the Neutral Aerial seems a little short-ranged, compared to the front , which has Final Destination range compared to one-fourth that. I mean, I realize that it covers all directions, but still. You'd have to get pretty close to use that, compared to the campy comment you made. But, Raven is probably my favorite set from you this far. Also, kind of random, but he reminds me of Jiraiya from Naruto: exceedingly powerful and an overall good guy, but still a pervert at his core.

I already commented on the others, so yeah. Also, I'll be posting Hagiri soon, so don't steal the ****ing page!!!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Raven: One: Dammit! Oh well, my Firefox acted up, so I have to re-do a little bit of Hagiri's set anyways. Well, Raven's really good, to say the least. I liked the time stopping ability, but how the hell are they vulnerable to incoming attacks? Nobody on the field can move at all. Does it not stop attacks or something? Also, the Neutral Aerial seems a little short-ranged, compared to the front , which has Final Destination range compared to one-fourth that. I mean, I realize that it covers all directions, but still. You'd have to get pretty close to use that, compared to the campy comment you made. But, Raven is probably my favorite set from you this far. Also, kind of random, but he reminds me of Jiraiya from Naruto: exceedingly powerful and an overall good guy, but still a pervert at his core.

I already commented on the others, so yeah. Also, I'll be posting Hagiri soon, so don't steal the ****ing page!!!
The time stopping ability only affects a certain (controllable) area. The idea is to trick the opponent(s) into your selected area and trap them.

The Neutral Aerial is primarily meant for defense. It's arrows are also considerably faster than the Forward Aerial, the Forward Aerial usually being useless at longer ranges, unless you can trick the foe into it.

And yes, Raven is a lot like Jiraiya, even in the way he dresses. As much as I hate comparisons to Naruto, Naruto characters don't get much better than Jiraiya.

Thanks for commenting.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Raven: This is probably my favorite of the sets you've posted so far. A few attacks were a little generic, like the Dash Attack, but there were still unique attacks like the epic DSmash. Very well balanced as well. I loved the random little quotes he says when he does things. I can really imagine this guy in Smash. Good job! :bee:

peeup

Smash Lord
Kael, the Invoker

Story:
Quas. Wex. Exort. The essence of a storm. The heart of a blizzard. The soul of a phoenix. After his people were broken and scattered to the corners of the earth, Kael was left with only the relics of his once great world. Thirsting for vengeance, he sold his own soul to Ner'Zhul, and in exchange acquired near limitless power. Taking on the mantle of the Blood Mages of old, the Invoker strode into war with nothing but the elements at his command. He can fuse the elements into deadly incantations, tearing apart the very heavens in his fury. His genius knows no bounds, and the Sentinel shall come to know the rage of the Invoker.

Stats:
Height: Ike's hight
Width: 1.5 times as thick as Ike
Weight: 5/10
Walking Speed: 3/10
Running Speed: 6/10
First Jump: 6/10
Second Jump 6/10
Fall Speed: 3/10 (10 being fastest)
Traction: 9/10
Dodges: 8/10
Crouch: Terrible
Crawl: No
Wall cling/jump: No
Glide: No

Animations
Standing: He stands upright... nothing special
Idle: He is circled by 3 small orbs, one being red, another white, and another blue
Walking: He walks like any normal person would
Running: Similar to MK, he doesn't actually run, but rather floats just above the ground
First Jump: A regular jump
Second Jump: He is blown upward by a small gust of wind
Shield: Regular shield, but it changes color between red, white, and blue
SideStep: Temporarily turns into air
DodgeRoll: Temporarily turns into air as he glides along the ground. Visually, this is similar to Lucario's
Air Dodge: Curls in a tight ball and temporarily turns into air

Specials:
Up Special: Wex
When used, a small white circle appears underneath Kael's portrait (where his damage meter is). This move has only 1 frame of lag on either end. The reason for this move will be explained later.

Forward Special: Quas
When used, a small
blue circle appears underneath Kael's portrait (where his damage meter is). This move has only 1 frame of lag on either end. The reason for this move will be explained later.

Down Special: Exort
When used, a small
red circle appears underneath Kael's portrait (where his damage meter is). This move has only 1 frame of lag on either end. The reason for this move will be explained later.

Neutral Special: Invoke
This is where I will explain his specials to the best of my ability. As explained before, each of his other specials causes a small colored circle to appear underneath his character portrait. This is so you know what combination of the three abilities that you have used most recently. For example, if I use Quas, then Exort, then Wex, I will have three circles, the first one being white, then red, then blue. If I use Wex again, I will have one red circle for Exort, and two blue circles for Wex. What I'm trying to explain is that you have three (max) circles under your portrait, each representing one of your specials. When you exceed three, the last one in the group of three (which would be the first out of the three that you used) will be removed, and the new one will appear.

Now that you know how the circles act/behave, it's time to explain what they're for. For each combination of 3 circles (which will from here on out will be referred to as elements) creates a different attack for your neutral special. The order of the elements is not important, it only depends on how many you have of each one. Now, here is the list of abilities that Invoke can do:

Quas/Quas/Quas: Cold Snap
When Cold Snap is used, Kael's attacks give twice as much hitstun to their target. This effect lasts until another Invoke is done.

Quas/Quas/Wex: Ghost Walk
When Ghost Walk is used, Kael becomes extremely floaty, as well as invisible. This lasts until another Invoke is done. This ability can be useful when coming back to the stage because you will know the general area where you are, but your opponent won't. Also, the floatiness makes it easier to reach the stage.

Quas/Quas/Exort: Ice Wall
When Ice Wall is used, Kael shoots a wall of ice (which is as thick as him) vertically from where he is standing. The wall causes any enemy that comes into contact with it to be stunned for 2 seconds. The wall lasts until another Invoke is done.

Wex/Wex/Wex: Alacrity
When Alacrity is used, it causes Kael to run extremely fast (faster than sonic). Lasts until another Invoke is done.

Wex/Wex/Quas: Tornado
When Tornado is used, it launches Kael into the air as high as G&W's Up Special. It also grants a slowfall effect to Kael, though it also puts him in a helpless state. Also, it gives a minor meteor smash to enemies that are directly underneath Kael. Lasts until Kael touches the ground.

Wex/Wex/Exort: EMP
When EMP is used, a ball of energy the same size as Samus' fully charged charge shot is appears exactly where Kael is. If an enemy comes into contact with one of these balls of energy, they take 10% and suffer minor knockback. Up to three balls of energy can be on the field at a time. They last until somebody touches them or until another Invoke is used.

Exort/Exort/Exort: Sun Strike
When Sun Strike is used, Kael stands still and a crosshair appears in the center of the screen. You control the crosshair with your joystick, and it moves as fast as Lucas' PK thunder. When you press 'A', a ball of fire explodes at the target location, dealing 12% and no hitstun to any enemies caught in it.

Exort/Exort/Quas: Forge Spirit
When Forge Spirit is used, a lava-person appears behind Kael. It follows him and mimics his 'A' attacks (with no delay), but they only deal 1/2 damage, though they deal full knockback (this effectively doubles the amount of knockback that his attacks deal). The lava-person lasts until another Invoke is done.

Exort/Exort/Wex: Chaos Meteor
When Chaos Meteor is used, a big meteor falls directly infront of Kael, and proceeds to roll forwards until it rolls off the stage (or until it loses momentum if it is in a place like the dip in Sonic's place). If an enemy is hit by it, they take 15% and are sent directly upwards (though not very far). This is to prevent them from being hit by the meteor multiple times. However, if they hit the underside of the meteor, they are shot downward.

Quas/Exort/Wex: Deafening Blast
When Deafening Blast is used, a wave of sound is released infront of the Invoker in the shape of a cone. This acts like Mario's FLUDD, dealing no damage but they are pushed backward.

That's it for his Invoke abilities. Please note that you can have elements active without invoking. Uses for this will be explained pretty soon.

Smashes:
Up Smash: Exort Spire
Charging Animation: Kael puts his hands together and starts to bend over.
Attack Animation: Kael straightens up and throws his hands in the air. A pillar of fire shoots up from the ground beneath him, extending just above his head. This attack has very little lag on either end. Deals 10-15% +2% for each instance of Exort that is currently active.

Forward Smash: Exort DragonBlast
Charging Animation: Kael leans back, breathes in, and puts a hand to his mouth.
Attack Animation: Kael leans forward and breathes a short burst of fire that extends the length of one Mario (horizontally and vertically). This is one of Kael's best killing moves. This attack has a large amount of startup lag, and average ending lag. Deals 12-16% +2% for each instance of Exort that is currently active.

Down Smash: Exort Shot
Charging Animation: Kael points his fingers at the ground on either side of him.
Attack Animatin: Kael lets loose a blast of fire from each of his fingers, creating something similar to Lucas' Down Smash but on both sides. This has decent lag on both ends. Deals 9-14% +2% for each instance of Exort that is currently active.

Tilts:
A Combo: Energy Pulse
Kael puts his hands forwards and releases a small burst of energy. This has almost no lag. Deals 3%.

Dash Attack: Energy Roll
Kael rolls forward while covered in elemental energy. Deals 5%.

FTilt: Quas Sword
Kael instantly creates a short sword (as long as TLink's) and pokes forward with it. This has the best range out of Kael's tilts and is pretty fast. Deals 6% +2% for each instance of Quas currently active.

DTilt: Quas Sheet
Kael turns the ground infront of him into ice, tripping anybody standing on it. This has little ending lag, but big startup lag. Does 1% +2% for each instance of Quas currently active.

UTilt: Quas Lash
Kael instantly creates a whip and lashes it upwards. This has enough range to go through platforms on Battlefield. Has very little lag on either end. Deals 5% +2% for each instance of Quas currently active.

Aerials:
NAir: Wex Pulse
Kael curls his body into a ball and charges himself with the power of wind, dealing damage and strong knockback to anybody he touches. Deals 4% +2% for each instance of Wex currently active.

UAir: Wex Whirlwind
Kael creates a tiny whirlwind above him, shooting any enemies caught in it upward. This is a very powerful vertical killing move. Deals 5% +2% for each instance of Wex currently active.

FAir: Wex CrossSlash
Kael creates a sharp crossbreeze directly infront of him, dealing 8% +2% for each instance of Wex currently active.

BAir: Wex Claw
Kael claws the space behind him, hitting enemies for 6% +2% for each instance of Wex currently active.

DAir: Wex Push
Kael pushes the air beneath him downward, causing a strong meteor smash do anybody directly beneath him. Deals 5% +2% for each instance of Wex currently active.

Grabs:
Grab: Wex Pull
Kael manipulates the air infront of him to come towards him, bringing any foes infront of him into his grab. This has good range and little lag for a grab.

Pummel: Exort Pulse
Kael shoots fire through the foe's body, dealing 4%.

Forward Throw: Quas Nova
Kael throws the foe into the air and shoots a blast of icy energy at him, dealing 7% +2% for each instance of Quas currently active.

Backward Throw: Elemental Seige
Kale throws the foe into the air behind him and blasts him with all three of his elements, dealing 9% and shooting the foe directly downward (I.E. meteor smashing him).

Up Throw: Wex Catapult
This is pretty much identical to Mewtwo's in SSBM. Deals 4% +2% for each instance of Wex currently active.

Down Throw: Exort Blastwave
Kael slams the foe on the ground, then blasts them with fire, sending them slightly upward. Deals 6% +2% for each instance if Exort currently active.

Final Smash:
This is similar to Invoke, but it will only activate if the current set of elements is 3 of a kind.

Exort/Exort/Exort: Inferno
The entire stage bursts into flames, dealing 35% to every enemy and causing the ground to burn. While the ground is on fire, it is as if opponents were walking on spikes. However, Kael can move freely.

Wex/Wex/Wex: Eye of the Storm
Kael becomes the center of a huge storm, pushing everybody away from him (like Jigglypuff's final smash). The farther they are from him when this ability is used, the farther they fly.

Quas/Quas/Quas: Arctic Blizzard
All enemies are frozen solid for 5 seconds. While they are frozen, Kael can attack them all he wants. After the 10 seconds, they take damage AND knockback equal to how much they would have recieved if they weren't frozen.

Misc Info:
Up Taunt:
Kael is circled by a ball of white energy.
Side Taunt:
Kael is circled by a ball of red energy.
Down Taunt:
Kael is circled by a ball of Blue energy.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby get's Kael's cloak. If Kael's most recent Invoke has 2 or more Exorts, Kirby gains Sun Strike. If Kael's most recent Invoke has 2 or more Quas, Kirby gains Ice Wall. If Kael's most recent Invoke has 2 or more Wex, Kirby gains EMP. If Kael's most recent Invoke had 1 of each element, Kirby gains Deafening Blast.

Alternate Costumes:
Kael's cloak becomes Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, or Black

Character Portrait:

WiiMote Noise:
Kael laughs a maniacal laugh

Victory Poses:
#1) Kael whispers "For the Lich King..." and turns his back to the screen
#2) Kael shouts "Quas! Wex! Exort!" while being circled by a red orb, a blue orb, and a white orb
#3) Kael says "Victory is mine" and laughs a maniacal laugh

Entrance:
Kael appears in a blast of red, blue, and white energy.

Unlock Message:
Quas! Wex! Exort! The master of the elements, Kael, has joined the brawl! Get ready to invoke!

How to Unlock:
During a versus match, a character must be hit by a Freezie while under the effects of Super Spicy Currey and while having a Smoke Bomb stuck to him (this is supposed to represent the fire/ice/wind theme of the Invoker. If these conditions are met, the character will fight Invoker after the match is over, and if the player wins, he will unlock the Invoker.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Otacon... who is this guy?
Otacon: Careful, Snake, that's Kael, the Invoker!
Snake: Invoker?
Otacon: Yeah. He uses different combinations of elements to create devastating spells and to augment his attacks.
Snake: Sounds like he has a fighting style is as diverse as my own. This should be fun.

Possible Strategies:
Aerial Invoker:
Invoke either Ghost Walk to make you more mobile in the air or Cold Snap to combo more effectively. Then, set up three Wex elements to power up your aerials. Use FAir to build up damage and UAir to get vertical KOs.

Camper Invoker:
Invoke Chaos Meteor or Deafening Blast to push foes away from you, then run away and repeatedly invoke Sun Strike until the enemy gets close to you. When they do, use Chaos Meteor or Deafening Blast again to get space between you and him.

EMP Invoker:
Invoke EMP and place them throughout the stage. Once you have set up your 3 EMPs, use your quick and long grab to force foes into the EMPs. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Gimper Invoker:
Throw you opponent off the edge and Invoke Ice Wall. Place the Ice Wall just off the stage so your opponent will have to touch it in order to return to the stage. Set up 3 Wex elements and smack them away when they hit the wall. Place another wall when you have knocked them away.

Conservative Invoker:
Invoke Alacrity, making yourself hard to hit. Invoke 3 Quas elements to increase the effectiveness of your tilts. Rush up to the opponent, use FTilt to avoid getting too close to him, and rush away before he can counterattack.

PowerSmash Invoker:
Invoke Forge Spirit and set up 3 Exort elements. Try to predict what your opponent will do and when he will dodge, and punish him with an extremely powerful FSmash. Another possibility would be to grab them and DThrow them, followed by a strong hyphen-smash.

Updates:
Fixed Kirby hat
Added victory poses, character portrait, and wiimote noise
Added entrance, unlock message and codec. Changed which direction creates which elements to make them match their abilities better
Added how to unlock and a picture for Invoke
Changed Cold Snap and Forge Spirit, and added possible playstyles

Junahu

Smash Ace
Kael; mixing and matching the first three specials to create new effects for the fourth is an excellent idea. But I would have preferred to see some combinations that use less than three elements, and a single frame of lag is way too quick for setting an element.

Also I'm not sure about your choice for some of the combinations (For example, invoking Up-Special + Up-Special+ Up-Special fires a beam forewards, while Up-Special + Up-special + Down-Special helps Kael's recovery)

...Plus you don't explain what move Kirby actually gets when he swallows Kael (considering you need elements to use your neutral special, and the other specials do nothing other than give you elements...)

peeup

Smash Lord
Kael; mixing and matching the first three specials to create new effects for the fourth is an excellent idea. But I would have preferred to see some combinations that use less than three elements, and a single frame of lag is way too quick for setting an element.

Also I'm not sure about your choice for some of the combinations (For example, invoking Up-Special + Up-Special+ Up-Special fires a beam forewards, while Up-Special + Up-special + Down-Special helps Kael's recovery)

...Plus you don't explain what move Kirby actually gets when he swallows Kael (considering you need elements to use your neutral special, and the other specials do nothing other than give you elements...)
@Comment about using less than 3 elements for an attack: My question would be how do you get just 1 element after you have already inputted 3?
@Comment about a frame of lag: Yeah, I had a feeling. I was trying to keep it true to the original Invoker in DotA (kudos to anybody that plays), but that aspect of him just doesn't translate that well into smash. It should probably be increased, though not too much because a good Invoker would have to switch them around often to get the most out of attacks and in order to recover.
@Comment about my choice of combinations: Again, I was trying to be true to the original. I should probably look at what each of the moves do in my SSB version, THEN decide which element should be up/forward/down.
@Kirby comment: *facepalm* woops. I'll fix that now.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Some nice new sets, I'll just do a few short comments.

Skurvy was a great read, long, but I didn't have any problem. Finally, a serious set! :p
The Final Smash was nice, the whole thing was reminiscent or K.Rool. Good to see some originality, and it has a level of detail I'd expect from a Sin.

As for Raven, Lionheart, I was frankly a little disappointed. It didn't seem as strong of a contender as your other sets. Granted, I doubt he had much to work with, but that still left a bitter taste in my mouth. Not to say it was bad, I just don't feel it was your best or most original.

Kael was quite unexpected, but it was quite good. Some stuff was a little lacking in detail, but the originality was what made it. Glad to see the formatting was fixed as well. At first glanced, the specials seemed boring, and up special being first seemed very odd. However, when they were explained with the neutral special, it all made sense. I'll be honest, I didn't read it all the way through, but it was great from what I saw, especially for someone who came out of nowhere.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
As for Raven, Lionheart, I was frankly a little disappointed. It didn't seem as strong of a contender as your other sets. Granted, I doubt he had much to work with, but that still left a bitter taste in my mouth. Not to say it was bad, I just don't feel it was your best or most original.
Trust me, Plorf. I feel the same way. Raven didn't have much to work with, seeing as archer's are one of the few things harder to make a creative set for than swordsmen. I definitely wasn't making him to contend with Arthas, Gwen, Klaraan, and Leviathan, whom I can still consider to be my best works. Raven was mostly for comic value + because I needed an obligatory Tales set. Rita Mordio, one of my future Tales sets, is one I'm saving for next contest so that she will not have to compete with the likes of Arthas.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
So my current set is coming along nice, as well as Snake Man. I'm even going to make an AT and a stage for it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ohh a tails of Vesperia set. From what I skimmed the guy is some what basic, I'll take up a full read later.

And unfortunately... I some what lost motivation for making my set, and any would greatly help me.

peeup

Smash Lord
Kael was quite unexpected, but it was quite good. Some stuff was a little lacking in detail, but the originality was what made it. Glad to see the formatting was fixed as well. At first glanced, the specials seemed boring, and up special being first seemed very odd. However, when they were explained with the neutral special, it all made sense. I'll be honest, I didn't read it all the way through, but it was great from what I saw, especially for someone who came out of nowhere.
tyvm. I'll add some detail tomorrow. Also, I didn't quite come out of nowhere, I've posted two or three movesets in the past few competitions (I also was the first person to post a moveset in the first one).

Darkslash

Smash Master
tyvm. I'll add some detail tomorrow. Also, I didn't quite come out of nowhere, I've posted two or three movesets in the past few competitions (I also was the first person to post a moveset in the first one).
Well I'm going to look forward to your next sets. Get more EXP and you can do well in the contest and the ones that will follow.

Just remember there are members willing to help you.

twss?

Agi

Smash Lord
Yeah, this guy's been around for a while. I remember seeing a couple of his sets even just last contest.

Also, I don't think I mentioned. Kibble and I are working on a new joint moveset... Wood Man! :bee:

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
« Sakurai joins the Brawl! He is Entertainer! »​

Sakurai is the mastermind behind the Kirby and Super Smash Bros. series. Sakurai is a very funny individual based on the countless "That's What She Said" moments that appear on the Dojo, the fact that we have THREE Landmasters, and the inclusion of tripping. In this moveset, Sakurai keeps his humor and uses moves that are completely random and give him a fighting style of his own. Sakurai was born in Branson, Missouri and grew up on a farm that bred chickens. Sakurai then was drafted into the Vietnam War. The things he saw there are what made him CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY. Sakurai was eventually taken prisoner and was held captive for half the war. Also taken captured were Sakurai's comrades: a hulking man named Damien Delano Daniels, John Kirby, and Meta Knight. The four stuck together until Sakurai escaped the prison and sought refuge on an abandoned island in the Pacific. Sakurai was eventually found 20 years later and brought back to civilization. Having trouble adjusting to modern life, Sakurai broke into a zoo and attempted to free all the animals to make Missouri more like a jungle. Sakurai was eventually caught and sentenced to ten years in prison, where he rose to the tops in a notorious gang. After Sakurai was let out, he spent most of his time fighting down by the docks for dollops of shaving cream. Sakurai was eventually noticed for his fighting talents and began competing in professional boxing matches. Sakurai ultimately became the World Heavyweight Champion only to lose it after a five year reign to Ivan Drago. Today, Sakurai's glory from his fighting days has scored him numerous products and toys. Sakurai even has his own sitcom, "Hanging with Mr. Sakurai", where he takes the role of a single father struggling to make ends meet in a post apocalyptic Los Angeles.

◄SPECIAL ABILITY►: Designer's Block - When Sakurai is on the field, a strange thing happens. This change is seemingly unnoticeable...until a character grabs the smash ball. Once a character activates his or her Final Smash, the change happens. Instead of the Final Smash starting, a Landmaster falls to the ground. The character looks at the Landmaster in confusion and gives Sakurai an angry look, demanding an explanation. Sakurai then does the "How do I shot web?" hand gesture with his eyes closed and replies with "I dunno, lol. Got a better idea?"
The color of the landmaster is based on the original color scheme of the character ( Yoshi = Green, Mario = Red, etc.). A handy chart o' landmasters is located below. The properties of said Landmaster depend on the character selected, for all the characters are divided into the three Landmaster groups:

Falco-style Landmaster (high jump/low attack power): :diddy:, :gw:, :popo:, :jigglypuff:, :kirby2:, :luigi2:, :metaknight:, :olimar:, :pikachu2:, :pit:, :squirtle:, :shiek:, :sonic:, :toonlink:, :yoshi2:, :zelda:, :zerosuitsamus:

Fox-style Landmaster (all around/average) : :falcon:, :link2:, :lucario:, :lucas:, :mario2:, :marth:, :ness2:, :peach:, :ivysaur:, :samus2:, :rob:

Wolf-style Landmaster (high attack power/low jump/small duration): :bowser2:, :dk2:, :ganondorf:, :ike:, :dedede:, :charizard:, :wario:

:rob:: ROB is special in terms of his Final Smash activation. When ROB activates his Final Smash, nothing happens for a short time. ROB has super armor during this waiting period and stands on the field confused. Suddenly, parts rain down onto the field and begin to attach themselves to ROB, much to his surprise. When the transformation is complete, ROB has been turned into a Landmaster. When the Final Smash is over, the parts disappear.

:snake:: Snake's Landmaster is special in both appearance and properties. When Snake activates his Final Smash, a large helicopter appears and drops an army tank on to the field.
Snake gives Sakurai an angry look, and Sakurai then does the "How do I shot web?" hand gesture with his eyes closed and replies with "I dunno, lol. Got a better idea?" The properties of the tank are that it shoots exploding missiles instead of lasers, which would give the tank even more firepower than a Wolf Landmaster, and that it has a poor jump and can't hover in the air.

¤>>>STATS<<<¤​

Size: 6/10
Sakurai is a tall fighter, being a bit shorter to Captain Falcon.

Weight: 6/10
Sakurai is a little above average weight, but not by much.

Walk: 4/10
Sakurai dances forward a little slower than normal speed.

Run: 9/10
Sakurai rushes forward at a high pace.

Traction: 3/10
Sakurai has poor traction when running.

Power: 8/10
Sakurai has great strength and good KO potential. Sakurai uses random moves to score KO's.

First Jump: 6/10
Sakurai has an average first jump.

Second Jump: 8/10
Sakurai has a great second jump.

Crouch: 10/10
Sakurai has an amazing crouch.

Falling Speed: 5/10
Sakurai falls at about average speed.

Crawl: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Wall Jump: No

¤>>>BASIC ANIMATIONS<<<¤

Standard Pose: Sakurai stands on the battlefield dancing wildly, enjoying himself in light of all the fighting. He dances just like this except he has a huge grin on his face and a suggestive look in his eyes.

Idle Pose: Sakurai stops dancing for the power of rock has gotten a hold of him! Sakurai takes out a pair of sunglasses and begins to air guitar furiously!

His face looks similar to this :

Walking: Sakurai steps forward slowly, still dancing his heart away.

Running: Sakurai stops dancing and he begins to jog forward, not too fast and not too slow.

Dashing: Sakurai runs like a lunatic. He takes big crazy steps and it looks like his feet move faster than the top portion of his body. He looks slanted and his head and arms dangle about. He has a creepy smile on his face.

Crouching: Sakurai drops down with a large thund and gets his body down. Sakurai instantly has a Vietnam War flashback and dons a camouflage army helmet and gains a small walkie-talkie on his hip. If left alone for a while, Sakurai reaches for his walkie-talkie and begins speaking into it saying, "The enemy has me surrounded. Charlie tripped into a landmine, and now there's Charlie everywhere. CHARLIE!!!!!"

First Jump: Sakurai takes a leap forward and spreads his limbs out like a cat at the peak of it.

Second Jump: Sakurai takes a great jump and spins like a top as he does so.

Shield: Sakurai holds both his hands in front of him as he looks the other way, cowering in fear.

Spot Dodge: Sakurai jumps back in fear of the blow. His face shows a sense of relief.

Roll: Sakurai puts his feet together and holds out his arms. Sakurai then spins forward.

Air dodge: Sakurai twists in midair to avoid the attack.

Asleep: Sakurai collapses to his knees and a bottle of alcohol appears in his right hand. Sakurai's face hits the floor and his butt points upward. He then mumbles something about buttered goats.

Dizzy: Sakurai balances on the tip toes of his left foot. He spins around like a top with his right leg slightly out like he's kicking. Sakurai's eyes are the classic anime swirly eyes @_@.

¤>>>STANDARDS<<<¤

Standard Combo - Sakurai Combination
At the start of his combo, Sakurai lifts his right hand a quickly slaps forward for a measly 2% damage with almost no knockback. For the second hit on this combination, Sakurai lifts his left hand and does a palm strike forward. He aims to hit with the bottom of his palm to shove the opponent forward. The second hit causes 2% damage. With the final hit of the combo, Sakurai takes out a little suction cup gun from his pocket and aims it forward with his right hand. After a very short amount of time, Sakurai pulls the trigger and the suction cup dart is released. The dart flies for a good distance, about a quarter of a stage builder block forward before hitting the ground. If it hits, it causes 3% damage with almost no knockback. The dart has a 15% chance of hitting the opponent’s face dead on. If this happens, the character will try to pull the dart of his or her face and the player must button mash to do so. It’s not that hard to pull it off. The last hit of this combo has little starting and ending lag.

Dash Attack- Coffee Time!
Sakurai takes out a nice hot cup of coffee and continues running for a brief period of a quarter of a second. The coffee is obviously hot; it leaves a small trail of steam as Sakurai goes about. Now, as fate would have it, Sakurai trips and falls to the ground quickly, spilling his beloved coffee in the process. The hot coffee goes flying out, having the range of a Battlefield platform and scalding whoever is unfortunate enough to be in range. Sakurai weeps a little and enters his grounded state where he can use a get-up attack or roll to stand back up. The coffee does 10% damage with good knockback. This move is based off the real Sakurai tripping and spilling coffee all over the brawl servers, which explains why it's so laggy and why it's down so often.

¤>>>TILTS<<<¤

Side Tilt: Peanut Butta Slap!- Sakurai quickly takes out a full jar of Momma Sakurai Peanut Butter from his left pocket with his left hand. The jar, strangely enough, is already open. How did Sakurai keep the peanut butter in the jar without it spilling...? Anyway, Sakurai shoves his right hand into the jar and attempts to grab as much peanut butter as possible. After about a quarter of a second, Sakurai takes his hand out of the jar and yells, "PEANUT BUTTA SLAP!" and slaps with his peanut butter covered hand. If it hits an opponent, the opponent receives 10% damage with minor knockback and a face full of peanut butter. The move has little starting and some ending lag. There's also a secret to this move. If you use this move without a target, Sakurai simply slaps air and, what's this? The peanut butter slops onto the floor of the playing field. This happens about 15% of the time. If an opponent treads over the peanut butter, their walk and run speed is lowered by one level for 10 seconds because the peanut butter makes their shoes stick to the floor. The lag of the opponent’s first jump is also increased and the overall height is decreased as well. An opponent with a watchful eye will notice the peanut butter on the floor and carefully walk up to it and eat it. The peanut butter heals about 3%.

Up Tilt: Blendy Storm - A small company of blenders flies out from the left side of Sakurai's suit after he lifts his arm and parts them. They fly above him in a circle, damaging any characters in range, before swirling back around Sakurai's rear and returning to the safety of his suit, this time the right side, which is held open for them by Sakurai (2-3%, multiple hits). The blenders have a comedic appearance, having two poorly drawn eyes and a smiley face.
As it sounds, this move has tons of lag on it, and leaves Sakurai open to attack from the sides throughout most of it. There's also very little knockback from the blenders, though they can draw an opponent in front of Sakurai if said enemy is caught in the swarm as it circles around Sakurai's back, potentially leading into a smash. Emphasis on the lag though, as it is very, very substantial. The move has great vertical range, and good range to the sides (while the blenders are on each side, that is) though. R.I.P Chief "Tankra" Mendez.

Down Tilt: Splash Jump- Sakurai drops down onto his side and holds his hands as fists near his chest. His eyes are closed and his mouth is round like an "o". He then begins to chant "karp, karp, magikarp" , flops his body around, and somehow manages to jump a short distance from this position. This has little starting lag. Sakurai then comes back down and resumes his "idle" pose for this move, which is flopping around saying "Karp". Sakurai stays in this position as long as you hold your control stick down. If you press the A button as soon as Sakurai hits the ground, he jumps back up a little higher than before. This time, however, he falls down faster, making a higher jump a little harder. This continues until the player fails to hit the A button on time, which is when he starts all over. The maximum height is quadruple Ganon's height, which takes five jumps and is almost impossible. The move deals 7% damage with little knockback no matter the height.

¤>>>SMASHES<<<¤

Forward Smash: BEAR BLASTING - Sakurai turns sideways and lifts his arms out with his hands fisted. His elbows are slightly bent. This takes little time, roughly a quarter of a second. The amount of time Sakurai spends in this position depending on the amount of time you decide to charge it. When Sakurai finally pulls his arms toward him (creating a pelvic thrust), he lets out a guttural scream. When his arms reach his hips, radioactive bear-heads come shooting from Sakurai's crotch. The number of bear-heads, the damage, and the knockback depend on how long you charged the move.

If you C-Sticked this move or barely charged it, a single normal colored bear-head shoots out. It deals 16% damage with little knockback. It's not too bad, but it's better if you charge it. This has bad range, the bear-head comes out only a little in front of Sakurai.

If you charge it just a little bit, two bear-heads shoot out: a normal colored one and a blue one. The blue bear-head comes out after the normal one and is slightly bigger than the normal one. If the opponent is in the range of the normal one, they suffer 3% damage and are pushed to the blue one for some extra damage. The blue bear-head itself deals 18% damage with ok knockback. The move has ok range and comes out about normal range.

If you hold it to until the midway point or a bit more, three bear-heads shoot out: the normal one, the blue one, and a red one. Again, the red bear-head comes out after the first two and is bigger than the blue one. The opponent suffers 6% damage if they are in the normal one's range and are pushed through the first two heads. The red bear-head causes 20% damage with good knockback. The move kills at around 200%. The move has good range, about a battlefield platform.

If you charge it all the way, you are rewarded with the fourth bear-head. The first three shoot out and a big green one comes out last. It's pretty big and has a good hitbox. If the opponent passes through the first three bear-heads, they receive 9% damage. The green bear-head deals 22% damage with great knockback. The move kills at around 150%. The move has great range and travels about one and a half stage builder blocks.

Up Smash: Banana Beam - Sakurai tilts his head up quickly and closes one of his nostrils for the start of this move. When the move is released, bananas come out? That's right; Sakurai shoots bananas from his nose. It's an old trick he learned in the Boy Scouts. The number of bananas that shoot from Sakurai's nose depends on the time you spend charging the move. The very minimum of charge time only allows Sakurai to shoot 3 bananas. Wait, what's this? Sakurai grabs the last banana and eats it to heal 1% damage. Sakurai chews his banana quickly and throws the peel on the floor creating a banana peel item. Sakurai shoots eight bananas maximum, but he eats the last one thus making only seven damaging ones. Each banana deals 4% damage with flinching knockback. If the opponent is right next to Sakurai when he uses this move, the foe is lifted up like Ivysaur's special. Only the last banana has any knock back. The knockback is pretty good and can KO, but this move should be used for some damage racking.

Down Smash: Fishing - Sakurai turns to face the camera and gains a fishing hat. A small hole soon appears in front of Sakurai. Sakurai quickly takes out a fishing pole and begins to stick bait onto the hook. The bait is a chunk of fish that's reddish pink and has some silver skin left on one side. All of this happens almost immediately has almost no lag. The amount of bait Sakurai adds to the hook depends on the time you charge it. Sakurai used to be a world class fisherman and toured the world catching salmon and halibut. He was the lead fisherman on the S.S. Sakurai until it crashed into some rocks, leaving Sakurai stranded. While on the island, Sakurai created an imaginary friend named Wilson from a volley ball to combat the loneliness. After about five years on the island, Sakurai and Wilson created a raft to get back to the mainland. Sadly, a storm brewed during their journey. Sakurai and Wilson struggled to stay afloat during this terrible storm. The tsunami then hit the raft, separating Sakurai and Wilson forever. To this day, Sakurai waits at the harbor every afternoon hoping that Wilson will come drifting in. Wilson? Wilson? WILSOOOOON!! When ready, Sakurai casts his reel into the hole and waits patiently. This is where the starting lag is. The move has a lot of starting lag and is comparable to DeDeDe's forward smash. After that same amount of time passes, the fishing pole bends slightly indicating a catch. Sakurai reels in his catch and looks at it happily. The fish Sakurai catches depends on the amount of bait he put on; more bait catches bigger fish. The three fish Sakurai can catch are: Magikarp, Swordfish, Shark, and he can also catch Whale. No matter what sea creature Sakurai catches he always lifts the fishing pole above his head and twirls it around like a mace. After about three or four spins, the creature lets go of the hook and disappears.

Magikarp: If you C-Stick this smash or barely charge it, Sakurai only sticks a tiny piece of bait on the hook. A Magikarp is attracted to the bait and bites. Magikarp is kind of a small fish, being the size of about Kirby. Sakurai swings his pole and the magikarp around to hit enemies. The magikarp deals about 20% damage with ok knockback.

Swordfish: If you charge this smash a little bit more, Sakurai manages to put another chunk of bait on his hook. This time a good sized swordfish bites on to the hook. The swordfish is roughly Bowser's width and not very tall, making it a pretty good size hitbox. The actual "sword" of the fish itself is actually one and a half times Bowser's width which makes it larger than the fish itself. The body of the fish deals 20% damage with good knockback. The "sword" of the fish deals 22% damage and great knockback if it's tipped like Marth's sword. Hitting a foe with the sword isn't that hard, but getting a tip hit is something to be proud of.

Shark: If you charge this to the midway point, Sakurai gets three chunks of bait on the hook. Sakurai must be a talented fisher because a shark has just grabbed the smashball hook! The shark is slightly larger than the swordfish and is exactly Bowser's width and a little bit taller than the swordfish. The shark flails on the hook furiously; it desperately tries to get off. The shark deals 26% damage with great knockback.

Whale: If you charge it ALL THE WAY, Sakurai puts four chunks of bait on his hook. This time a large whale is attracted to the hook. The whale looks similar to Wailord. Strangely, Sakurai is still able to spin the whale above his head as fast as he did the other sea creatures. The whale is huge; its height is the same as Bowser's and it's twice Bowser's width. The whale is a humongous hit box that deals 32% damage with devastating knockback. Sadly, with the large amount of starting lag and the charge time, you'll rarely even see the whale in a battle.

¤>>>SPECIALS<<<¤

Neutral Special: TIER PUNCH -
Sakurai bends his knees slightly while he brings his right fist backwards to charge a punch. A yellow-green circle of energy surrounds Sakurai at this point. Dark green energy begins to form around the fist he pulled back. Sakurai then yells, "LOL TIERS!" and punches forward with the fist releasing a spew of green energy. The whole move takes about one second. Veteran smashers will notice that that animation looks very similar to the N64's Falcon Punch, which can be seen here. This move is faster than a Falcon Punch, and it has less ending lag (about one second). What makes this move so special? Well, the amount of damage and knockback depends to the opponent's tier position. Of course Sakurai doesn't want to hurt his precious top tiers because those are the one he favors the most. The higher tier the opponent is, the less damage and knockback they get. SS and S tier get 10% damage with no knock back. A and B tiers receive 15% damage with little knockback. C and D tiers receive 20% with ok knockback. E and F tiers receive 25% damage with good knockback. G tier receives 30% damage with great knockback.

Side Special: Sakurai Uppercut -
Sakurai suddenly gets a sick look on his face and looks as if throw up any minute. Sakurai then sort of leans over with his head down and his hands on his stomach. All this takes little time and is barely noticeable. Suddenly, Sakurai lifts up his head to face forward and...a fist comes out? A reddish pink fist comes out of Sakurai's mouth and does an uppercut, revealing an arm. The uppercut comes out quick and deals 20% damage with great knockback, making it an excellent kill move. This kills around 100%, it's crazy. Yet it seems broken, doesn't it? Well, here's the catch: the fist that comes out of Sakurai's mouth is his own fist. That's right, Sakurai can come out of his skin. The only bad part about this is that it takes a while for him to do so. It's a technique that's been handed down from generation to generation in the boy scouts. After the uppercut, Sakurai's arm stays in the uppercut position for about half a second. Sakurai's other arm then comes out from his mouth and he takes off his skin. Sakurai now looks kind of like this:
Sakurai stands over his skin and you can mash the A button twenty times to make Sakurai reach down and put his skin on like a suit. You can also...play as Skinless Sakurai? That's right; Sakurai's skinless form is an alt version of Sakurai complete with his own moveset. Sakurai’s basic animation and stats are carried over to this form. Sadly, Sakurai takes double damage from attacks due to his muscles being uncovered. Also, Sakurai's new moveset only contains two moves. So what's the point of turning into Skinless Sakurai? He's incredibly strong and can score some early K.O.'s. Be careful about using Skinless Sakurai though. Sakurai's skin stays in a small pile on the field until either Sakurai decides to put it on or...the enemy eats it. The opponents can walk over to Sakurai's skin and mash the A button to take bites from Sakurai's skin. If the enemy takes ten bites, Sakurai’s skin becomes unable to be worn and you’re stuck as Skinless Sakurai until you lose a stock. If this happens, you should go over to your skin and at least try to eat some of it so it won’t be a complete waste. The skin heals 2% per bite.

Forward Smash: Leg Stretch-
Sakurai lifts up his right leg and lets it hang there. When you're finished charging, Sakurai stomps the ground viciously and his part of his leg goes through the ground. A tiny bit later, Sakurai's leg shoots up from the ground in front of him and basically kicks the opponent. Sakurai's leg always shoots up from the ground up to the same height (about Mario's height). Unlike Regular Sakurai's Smashes, Skinless Sakurai's smashes don't need charging to be powerful. This deals 20% damage with good knock back if C-Sticked and 30% damage with great knockback if charged all the way. The move also has little starting lag and some ending lag. This makes a great kill move.

Down Smash: Arm Explosion-
Sakurai turns and faces the camera with his arms held out. Sakurai’s arms then start bulging and the bulge begins to move down Sakurai’s arms. When the bulges reach Sakurai’s fists, they shoot out and an explosion is heard. Sakurai regenerates new fists. The distance Sakurai’s fists shoot out depends on the amount of time the move was charged. C Sticking this move will cause the fists to go about a Battlefield platform and deal 25% damage with good knockback. Fully charging this move will causes the fists to travel half the distance of Final Destination and deal 32% damage with great knockback.

Up Special: Captain Sakurai-
When activating this move, Sakurai continues falling for one second, though it's slower than his regular falling speed. During this second, Sakurai yells out, " I MUST RECOVER!" and takes out his trusty blanket "Binky". Binky is a light blue blanket with a small picture of a duck on it. Sakurai then begins to tie Binky around his neck so that it will function like a cape. When he finishes tying the blanket, Sakurai lets out a high pitched "HYYAH!" like Mario does when he activates his Final Smash. Sakurai then gains free flight for two seconds. Sakurai flies Super Man and at a speed slightly faster than Pit. This makes Sakurai's recovery one of the best in the game, but it has a slight downside: Sakurai can't cancel out the flight and must finish the whole two second flight. This means that, while flying, Sakurai is totally defenseless to opponents. Sakurai can be spiked and hit further as he tries to get back to the stage. At the beginning of this move, an angelic chorus sings, "You must recover!" and a golden light shines on Sakurai.

Down Special: Chicken Laz0r-
Sakurai takes out a rubber chicken and holds it by the body and the neck like a gun. After about half a second of starting lag, a purple orb of energy starts to grow in the rubber chicken's mouth. After about a quarter of a second more, Sakurai fires the chicken laz0r at the opponent and a comedic cluck is heard. The length of the laz0r depends on the charge the chicken has gathered. The chicken charges when Sakurai is on the ground and it takes about a minute to fully charge. A fully charged laz0r will travel 3/4 of the way of Final Destination and the minimum will be just in front of Sakurai. The laz0r always has the same width no matter the charge, which is the same as a fully charged R.O.B laser. If an opponent is hit (only one opponent can be hit by the beam), an X-ray of his or her body is seen through the laz0r.The X-ray is then swallowed by the purple energy. They receive 10% damage with no knockback. When the laz0r dissipates, a chicken stands where the opponent was. SAKURAI JUST TURNED THE CHARACTER INTO A CHICKEN =O!!!1!1! As a chicken, the opponent gets new stats and a tiny new moveset, which can be seen in the Appendix at the end of this set. The chicken is white and live action, meaning it looks just like a real chicken. This move is intended to cripple the opponent because Live Action Chicken is horribly light, small, has little strength, and no K.O. moves. Sounds broken, right? Wrong. The chicken's poor stats are balanced by super buffs in other stats. The chicken is amazingly fast when it moves and is even faster than Sonic at top speed. The chicken also has amazing traction and superb jumps. Sakurai will have trouble trying to catch Live Action Chicken to do damage and get a K.O. The transformation lasts ten seconds.

¤>>>AERIALS<<<¤

Neutral Aerial: *Eats YOUR Toaster*-
All toasters toast toast. Sakurai reaches into his suit pocket and takes out YOUR toaster. Sakurai then turns to face the camera and holds YOUR toaster in front of him with his two hands. Sakurai then begins biting the toaster, sending out a storm of sparks and little pieces of metal. The sparks deal 4% damage with flinching knockback and the metal pieces deal 5% with flinching knockback. It seems underpowered but the sparks/pieces come out really close to each other and the opponent is very likely to be hit by at least three. That's not all that happens though. About 25% of the time, four pieces of toast fly out from the toaster and encircle Sakurai. The pieces of toast deal 12% damage with ok knockback. Another 5% of the time something different happens. A single piece of toast flies upward and is intercepted by Sakurai's mouth. He eats the piece of toast and heals 10%.

Forward Aerial: Knee of Injustice-
Sakurai curls up for a split second at the start of this move. Sakurai then uncurls his body and has his right knee forward to hit the opponent. While his knee is out, Sakurai turns his head to the camera and says, "LOLKNEE!" This move is basically Captain Falcon's FAir. Why? Sakurai has always loved the knee of justice but was self-conscious about putting himself in Melee and decided that the only character to move would fit was Captain Falcon. For Brawl, Sakurai got over his fear and included himself in the game complete with the knee of justice, but it has a small twist to distinguish itself from Captain Falcon. The Knee of Injustice is ridiculously easy to sweet spot and difficult to sour spot. Think of the Knee of Justice's sweet and sour spots being switched. The Knee of Injustice deals 19% damage with great knockback, just like the Melee knee. There's a twist, though. Miraculously, Sakurai saw that this move was broken and tried his best to balance it. The move decays really fast and its power is halved after three uses. The move can't be refreshed by using other moves and only refreshed after a stock loss. This leaves the user with a great question: To Knee or not to Knee?

Backward Aerial: Get Crazy with the Cheez Whiz-
Sakurai reaches into his suit pocket and takes out a can of spray cheese called "Cheez Whiz". Sakurai then turns around and fires the cheez at the opponent. The cheez travels a good distance (about two Battlefield platforms). If an opponent is hit in the air, they become entangled with the cheez and become unresponsive to commands. This leaves them only one option: to fall; this isn't a guaranteed K.O, however. The opponent can button mash to try and free themselves of the horrible cheez. This is certainly do-able since the characters fall slower than they normally would. There's also a secret use for this move. If Sakurai lands while in the middle of this move and you hold down the A button, Sakurai will continue to spray the cheez. If an opponent is hit, they are entangled and have to button mash just like the air. This isn't the only use for this move on the ground, though. If the cheeze misses and hits the floor, it begins to pile up. If you stop piling up the cheez, you have one minute to continue before the cheez begins to disappear. What's the point of stacking up the cheez? Two things can happen if you get enough cheez: Abe Lincoln or the Leaning tower of Pisa.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa takes about three seconds to build and stands at a little more than Ganondorf's height, which is a good size height. This tower acts as a barrier towards projectiles and attacks and can receive 30% damage before it comes crashing down. Sakurai's attacks go through the tower, which is a great way to limit the opponent’s attacks and to go on the defensive. Characters can stand on the top of the towers without knocking it down.

A smash size replica of Abe Lincoln takes about five seconds to make. Abe is about the size of Snake and is really thin. One Sakurai finishes up, Abe comes to life...and he's ANGRY! Honest Abe takes out the famous machete he used to free America in the Revolutionary War (only this time it's made of cheez). Lincoln swings his machete wildly and runs back and forth a distance of two builder blocks to the left and right of him. He paces at about Mario's run speed. A collision with Abe deals 18% damage with good knockback. Sadly, Abe dissolves after thirty seconds.

Up Aerial: Missile Frenzy-
Sakurai looks up with rage at the opponent. A line is seen on Sakurai's face, splitting it into left and right halves. Sakurai's left face half begins to...start moving upward? THAT'S RIGHT! DYNAMIC PLOT TWIST of Lemon! Sakurai is actually a robot sent from the year 2099 to capture all of Earth's supply of Gummy Worms. Sakurai then unexpectedly fell in love with the present day Sakurai and they both traveled to Nevada to get married. A little known fact about Sakurai is that he doesn't age. Future Sakurai then used his built-in time machine to transport another Sakurai from the year 2045 and cheated on present Sakurai with him. Present day Sakurai soon found out and challenged future Sakurai into a fight. But enough talk, have at you! When Sakurai's left half is completely lifted, three missile compartments become visible in his head. After a brief moment, the missiles fire out of Sakurai's head in a fan pattern. The missiles fly at the same speed as Snake's side special. There's something special about these missiles, though: They're heat-seeking missiles. This means that they are drawn to characters and fire attacks. The missiles aren't affected by reflectors and they also stick around if a character tries to air dodge them. The only thing that will thwart the missiles is something that would be impossible to figure out without this set: don't move. If your character doesn't move, his or her internal heat stays the same and the missiles don't lock on. This can be dangerous in mid air depending on the opponent's recovery. The missiles deal 12% damage each with ok knockback. The missiles explode by themselves if they don't find a target within five seconds.

Down Aerial: Foul Blade-
Sakurai digs into the front part of his pants takes out an impressive looking blade. Upon closer examination, it is revealed that it is Ganondorf's sword! Sakurai took it away from Ganon fearing that it would endanger Meta Knight’s position as top tier. Sakurai looks at the sword disgustedly. The move has some starting lag as Sakurai looks over the deadly weapon. After about a quarter second, Sakurai decides that the sword is rubbish and tosses it over his shoulder. The sword falls at the same speed as Fox and is a big hitbox. If the opponent is hit by the sword, they receive 35% damage with great knockback. If the opponent is Ganondorf, he is automatically K.O.'d. The sword itself is not that difficult to dodge and should be easy to dodge after some practice. If the sword misses, it either falls to the floor and shatters or falls off-screen. Thus, Sakurai can only use this move once per stock.

¤>>>THROWS<<<¤

Grab
Sakurai grabs in front of him with a tiny rag of chloroform in one hand.

Pummel -Cheese Grater
Sakurai takes out a normal cheese grater and passes it over the opponent's face. As it grates the opponent's face, sparks fly out from the grater. Each grate deals 3% damage with no knockback. This pummel deals more damage than others, but you can only use it a few times on an opponent since it takes a lot of time.

Forward Throw-Rock 'em, Sock 'em Sakurai
Sakurai releases the opponent and gets into sort of a boxing stance with his knees slightly bent and hands in front oh his face. The opponent, not wanting to be branded a coward, does the same. After about a quarter of a second, Sakurai's and the opponent's hands start to move back and forth. This is the cue that both players should start to button mash and twirl the control stick. As the players button mash, the two fighter's arms start delivering punches to each other. A small damage percent counter appears in the middle of the two fighters and starts to count up as the players button mash. The faster the players button mash, the faster the percent damage will rise. After about two seconds, the player who button mashed the fastest wins and delivers a crushing uppercut to the loser. The loser's head then rises up on a ladder then comes back down as they are sent flying. The opponent receives the damage percent that was in the middle of the two players, delivering massive damage and knockback if both opponents try hard to win. This move can also hurt Sakurai greatly if the player is bad at button mashing.

Back Throw -SHOOP DA FOOT!
Sakurai himself around while holding the opponent, then turns the opponent around so that their back is turned to Sakurai. Sakurai then takes out a red handkerchief and ties it over the opponent’s eyes, blindfolding them. Sakurai then grabs the opponent by the shoulders and starts spinning them around. The opponent spins faster and faster until they are a whirling tornado. As a tornado, they start to travel a small distance away from Sakurai (about three or four steps). As they travel, Sakurai lifts up his right leg and holds it out pointing to the opponent. Sakurai's leg begins to grow dark and swell to about double its size. Sakurai's leg then becomes completely black and two eyes sprout at the shin. A big red mouth starts to appear on Sakurai's toes and it starts charging its laser. Sakurai then yells, "SHOOP DA FOOT!" and releases his foot's laser. The laser is cyan and is about the height of Kirby. Other opponents can be hit by the laser, too. The laser hits the opponent, who is basically still spinning, and continues to travel horizontally until it goes off-screen. As soon as it hits the end of the screen, it dissolves. The ending lag on this move basically depends where you are on the stage when you use it. The laser deals 12% damage with good knockback.

Up Throw -INFLATION!
Sakurai turns the opponent around so that their back is facing Sakurai. Sakurai then seems to look for something on the back of the opponent's head. Suddenly, he finds it. The thing Sakurai was looking for was a small plug. Sakurai then opens the plug and begins to blow air into the opponent with his mouth. ZOMG, BRAWL CHARACTERS ARE ACTUALLY BALLOONS. Sakurai blows air into the opponent for half a second, which double's the opponent's size. Sakurai then releases the opponent and the opponent starts to float delicately upward. The height of the ascent depends on the damage the opponent has. This move can actually K.O. enemies by taking them above the blast line at around 180%. Once the height has been reached, the opponent gains control of their character again. The opponent can now cruise left or right for two seconds. The speed of flight is very slow, comparable to Jigglypuff's run. If an opponent is hit in the inflated state, they lose their air and fall to the ground. This does no damage.

Down Throw -SACK YOUR EYE
Sakurai sticks out his index and middle finger and uses that to poke the opponent's eyes. He pokes twice, hoping to really blind them. When Sakura pokes for the first time, the screen flashes black suddenly. The second time, however, the screen goes black for about a second and a half. The move continues while the screen is black and the opponent cannot escape. The two pokes deal minor damage, about 2% each poke. When the screen fades back to normal, the opponent is seen on the floor grabbing his crotch in pain. Sakurai stands over him and (laughs) while he looks at his hand (read Warlord's story mode for the back story. It's the part with Sakurai and Raiden). The unseen grab does 10% damage with no knockback, but rather has the opponent on the floor. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! This throw has absolutely no effect on female characters. Instead, a loud slap is heard when Sakurai attempts to make the grab. The slap deals 12% damage and good knockback to Sakurai, making this move useless against female characters.

¤>>>FINAL SMASH<<<¤
META KNIGHT'S REVENGE

What will Sakurai's Final Smash be? Will in involve tripping? What about Landmasters? You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Sakurai has just grabbed a Smash Ball! Sakurai starts off his Final Smash by taking a huge leap into the background. A small floating platform appears and Sakurai lands on it. As soon as Sakurai lands on the platform, the bland grey platform comes to life! The platform becomes just like a disco floor: the whole thing is separated into squares and each square independently flashes randomly flashes green, red, orange, blue, and white. Sakurai stands facing the camera with his hands at his side and legs kind of wide. Sakurai then reaches into his suit pocket and takes out...a boom box. Sakurai turns the boom box on and lifts it above his head. This song then replaces the current song on the stage. Sakurai's head starts bobbing to the beat and a green glow stick necklace suddenly appears on his neck and a green glow stick in each hand. What's this? Sakurai is not alone! Kirby, King DeDeDe, a Waddle Doo, and a Waddle Dee come out from behind Sakurai and join him. Kirby holds a pink glow stick in each hand, DeDeDe holds a blue one in each hand, the Waddle Doo holds yellow ones, and the Waddle Dee holds orange ones. The Kirby characters take their positions in a line: Waddle Dee, Kirby, Sakurai, DeDeDe, and Waddle Doo. They all begin to dance just like this:
But wait, how's this damaging? Well, have you noticed anything missing? About six seconds after Sakurai activated his Final Smash (during which all of the above happens...), a dark costumed Meta Knight makes his entrance on stage. The Meta Knight is always dark colored. If a dark colored Meta Knight is already on screen, that Meta Knight turns into a different color temporarily. There's something special about this Meta Knight, however. Its computer AI has received a massive upgrade...the Meta Knight plays EXACTLY like Mew2King. For those of you who don't know, Mew2King is an amazing brawl player who mains Meta Knight. He has won several tournaments and is considered one of the best players around. To top it off, Meta Knight is invincible. Opponents can only try to run as invincible Meta Knight hunts them down. Here are some M2K videos to let you know how scary that is:
While Meta Knight does the dirty work, Sakurai and the Kirby characters rave and cheer for their comrade. The whole final smash lasts twenty seconds with six being the introductory animation rave.

¤>>>EXTRAS<<<¤
¤>>>EXTRA ANIMATIONS<<<¤

UP TAUNT- *FACEPALM*
Sakurai suddenly facepalms and expresses extreme disappointment toward the opponent’s performance. BEHOLD. THE ULTIMATE INSULT.
SIDE TAUNT- RAISE THE ROOF!
Sakurai can't stop the music inside of him! Sakurai does the raise the roof motion and yells, "The roof is on FIYAH!!"

DOWN TAUNT- DO THE MONKEY!
Sakurai yells out, "Do the Monkey with me! C'mon!" and starts to do the monkey. For those of you who don't know what that is, Sakurai sort of bends his knees and holds out his arms with his hands as fists. He then moves the right hand up and the left one down, then vice versa. He does this for a second. If the audience is cheering for Sakurai, the Miis on the Wii console rush in, crowd around Sakurai, and join him in doing the Monkey. This makes the taunt half a second longer. For those of you who still don't get it, Sakurai does the dance at :22.
ENTRANCE- IM A G I N A T I O N
Sakurai comes on stage dressed as Spider-man and riding in on Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster. The Loch Ness Monster glides on a huge rainbow which hits the stage. While riding, Sakurai holds a fermented bottle of Heinz Ketchup in his hand, which indicates that he and the big blue plesiosaur are both drunk out of their minds. Sakurai then jumps of the monster's back and rips the Spider-Man suit, revealing his normal suit. Nessie then glides back down the rainbow and disappears.

VICTORY THEME-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFP8fQ7R-E

VICTORY POSE 1- YOGURT CAT
Sakurai appears with his precious cat Mittens. The cat is the same one you see in Pokemon Stadium 2's ice cabin. Sakurai is on his knees and kneeling next to the cat, which is on his right side. A huge tub of plain yogurt is on the other side of Sakurai. Sakurai then digs his hands into the tub and pulls out as much as he can. Sakurai then starts to rub the yogurt all over the cat and massage the yogurt into it. Sakurai has a gleeful look on his face and the cat stares confused at the camera.

VICTORY POSE 2- PIZZA TIME!
Sakurai appears shirtless and with a large Kirby face painted on his stomach. A large pizza box is seen next to him. Sakurai reaches into the pizza box and takes out a slice of pizza. The greasy pizza has pepperoni and mushrooms on it. Sakurai then starts to feed pizza to the Kirby face by putting the pizza into the folds of his stomach. Sakurai mashes the folds together to make Kirby "chew". Sakurai then begins to repeat, "Om nom nom nom". Sakurai suddenly realizes the camera is focused on him and drops the pizza. He then tries to justify his actions by saying he "needs to do this for work".

VICTORY POSE 3- SUDDENLY, COCKS
Sakurai stands majestically with his hands at his hips and his legs wide apart. Sakurai then senses something...something that doesn't seem right. Sakurai drops his epic pose and turns around-but it's too late. The camera leaves the players and moves toward a small series of rolling hills. The hills then seem to tremble and a huge stampede of cocks is seen approaching the players at a break neck pace. The music then changes to
"Ride of the Valkyries" as the cocks are seen running. The camera then moves back to the players and Sakurai stands there in awe, paralyzed by fear. The ground starts to shake, which is a sign that the cocks are getting closer. Sakurai then makes an attempt to warn the losers, pointing to try and make them turn around. Sakurai's attempts are futile and the losers continue clapping as usual...until it's too late. As the cocks arrive, they hit the losing characters like a brick wall, knocking them upward as if the had over 200% damage. Sakurai then attempts to make a run for it, but he is soon sent flying as well. The cocks then knock over the camera and break it, turning the screen into static. Note: This whole thing can be skipped at any time.

VICTORY POSE 4- JUMP AROUND
Sakurai's victory music changes for this pose and becomes "Jump Around". For the first seven seconds, the camera is pointed toward the sky and slowly moves right as if searching for something. When the siren kicks in, the camera focuses on Sakurai, who loses control. Sakurai begins dancing wildly, which looks like the following gif:

VICTORY POSE 5- BUFFALO BILL DANCE
Instead of Sakurai's usual victory theme, Goodbye Horses plays. When the victory scene starts, an extreme close up of Sakurai's lips are seen. Sakurai then starts to put on lipstick and asks, "Would you do me? I'd do me. I'd do me. I'd do me hard." The camera then zooms out to show Sakurai opening his suit and dancing about just like in this video at :33. The losers look at Sakurai with shocked expressions.

VICTORY POSE AGAINST CAPTAIN FALCON- **** TIME!
Sakurai has his back to the camera and is seen putting on his suit. Sakurai's hair is a bit messy and he takes care in buttoning his suit up. Sakurai then appears to be fixing his time, taking it of then putting it back on again. Captain Falcon is seen on the floor in front of Sakurai. The Captain looks to be in very bad shape: his clothes are semi-ripped, the falcon on his helmet appears to be falling off, and there is a crack on the visor. Captain Falcon lies on his side, curled up in the fetal position and slightly weeping. Sakurai then audibly zips up his pants and puts his hair back in place. Sakurai then turns around and the AWESOME face is photoshopped on his head. Sakurai poses with his legs wide apart and holds up a "V" sign.

VICTORY POSE AGAINST META KNIGHT- MOURNING SAKURAI
Sakurai appears on his knees, cradling a badly wounded Meta Knight in his arms. Meta Knight's mask has cracks on it, his cape is ripped, the sword is dull, and Meta Knight's eyes are not visible through the mask which indicates they are closed. Sakurai sobs as he gently rocks Meta Knight, hoping to revive the blue puffball. Suddenly, two eyes glow faintly through the mask. Sakurai smiles as he continues to rock Meta Knight.

LOSS POSE - SUPER DELICIOUS TURKEY LEG
Sakurai appears dressed as a SUPER DELICIOUS TURKEY LEG and claps for the winner. After a while, Sakurai pulls out a gravy boat and pours it in his mouth.
¤>>>KIRBY HAT<<<¤
Kirby gains Sakurai's hair and a miniature suit to go with it. Kirby also gains the powerful Tier Punch. Quite stylish, yes?

¤>>> Snake Codec Conversation <<<¤

Snake: So, Otacon, can you tell me more about this guy? He seems like he's not playing with a full deck. Bear Heads shoot from his crotch for Christ’s sake...
Otacon: You mean you don't know who that is, Snake? That's Sakurai. He fights by using bizarre moves to cripple his foes. Radioactive Bear heads are just the tip of the iceberg. Sakurai also uses fish, blenders, toasters, and even peanut butter and spray cheese. Sakurai's fight style is completely random and deserves to be in a class all by itself. You really never know what he's going to do.
Snake: Something's really wrong with this guy. I mean, he can't even stand still and he runs like he's ill in the head. He really creeps me out.
Otacon: Don't underestimate him too much, Snake. Sakurai can be really powerful when pushed. Also, try not to insult him too much. After all Sakurai is the creator of the Kirby series and the Smash Bros. franchise. He's the one who made you so broken!
Snake: Huh. That's really nice of him considering the fact that we were bound to meet in the field of battle. I have to think of some way to thank him...
Otacon: Have his babies!
Snake: ...What?
Otacon:

-End Transmission-

¤>>>ASSIST TROPHY - O.J. SIMPSON<<<¤
O.J. Simpson bursts out of the Assist Trophy case and simply stands there, taking a good look around the battlefield. It turns out that O.J. Simpson and Sakurai go way back and have been friends since meeting in a frat house is college. Ever since then, Sakura and O.J. have kept close and still remain friends to this day. After looking around for a bit, Simpson yells out, "I'm going to kill you all!" and takes out a long kitchen knife. Simpson either locks on to the opponent with the lowest damage or to the nearest female. Simpson runs to them, slashing wildly as he does so. Other opponents can be hit by the wild slashing. When Simpson reaches his target, he stabs once to stun and then takes one final and powerful stab. The stab deals 25% damage with amazing knockback. Simpson then tosses the blade and leaves behind a bloody glove. Simpson then exclaims "Now I'm going to find the REAL killers!" and gets into his white bronco. The bronco moves at a slow speed and deals 10% damage with ok knockback as it travels to the side.

¤>>>ALTERNATE COSTUMES<<<¤

-Default (Blue Team): Sakurai wears a blue suit and blue pants.
-Money Sakurai (Green Team): Sakurai's suit and pants are a dark green. His suit has little golden dollar signs printed on it. His inner shirt has a black “S” on it and, when combined with his tie, makes a big dollar sign.
-Baron Von Pancakes (Red Team): Sakurai dresses up as his alter-ego, Baron Von Pancakes! The Baron sports a brilliant red blazer with matching pants, black shoes, and a fake moustache. Pancake's inner shirt bears the Soviet symbol.
-Pimp Sakurai (Purple): Sakurai wears a purple suit and purple pants with some fancy leopard print shoes.
-Elegant Sakurai (White) - Sakurai dresses in all white.
-Death Sakurai (Black)- Sakurai dresses in all black and has a black carnation clipped to his suit.

-Alternate Form:
(Blame Emergency...)
-Atlernate Form 2:
(Blame MT...)
-Alternate Form 3:
(Blame Agi...)
-Alternate Form 4:

-Alternate Form 5:
(Blame Khold...)

¤>>>APPENDIX<<<¤

LIVE ACTION CHICKEN

¤>>>STATS<<<¤​
Size: 3/10
Live Action Chicken is a bit smaller than Kirby.

Weight: 1/10
Live Action Chicken is very light.

Walk: 10/10
Live Action Chicken paces forward rapidly.

Run: 11/10
Live Action Chicken is blindingly fast and even faster than Sonic.

Traction: 10/10
Live Action Chicken has excellent tractions and quickly stops.

Power: 2/10
Live Action Chicken is very weak due to being built for speed.

First Jump: 10/10
Live Action Chicken has an amazing first jump.

Second Jump: 10/10
Live Action Chicken has an amazing second jump and rivals Yoshi's.

Crouch: 3/10
Live Action Chicken has a good crouch.

Falling Speed: 3/10
Live Action Chicken is very floaty due to being very light and covered with feathers.

Crawl: No
Wall Cling: No
Wall Jump: No

¤>>>BASIC ANIMATIONS<<<¤

Standard Pose: Live Action Chicken simply stands there, moving very little.

Idle Pose: Live Action Chicken sticks his head under his wing and scratches his feathers.

Walking: Live Action Chicken paces forward, his head bobbing just like a pigeon’s.

Running: Live Action Chicken paces forward faster.

Dashing: Live Action Chicken runs rapidly while flapping his wings. A small trail of feathers follows him.

Crouching: Live Action Chicken just sits down as if laying an egg.

First Jump: Live Action Chicken takes a huge leap.

Second Jump: Live Action Chicken takes another huge leap.

Asleep: Live Action Chicken sits down and tucks his head on his back.

¤>>>MOVESET<<<¤

A COMBO: PECK-
Live Action Chicken pecks forward with his beak, doing tiny damage in the process. The move deals 1% damage per hit with little knockback. The move has no starting or ending lag and can be held down.

Down Special: EGG LAY-
Live Action Chicken sits down....and lays an egg. Amazing isn't? No? Well...can you lay an egg? If done on the ground, the move is worthless since Live Action Chicken can't pick up any items. If done in the air, the move has almost no ending and starting lag, but what can that do? The point for this move is to have sort of a defense if the enemy decides to chase you. You jump and fire eggs at them while they're under to deal some damage. Every once in a while, Live Action Chicken lays a Golden Egg. The golden egg behaves just like a bomb, dealing 20% damage and good knockback to the victim. Regular eggs deal 5% damage with little knockback. Remember, Live Action Chicken is NOT meant for offence.

Down Tilt: SACK OF CORN-
A large burlap sack appears in front of Live Action Chicken. Live Action Chicken stares at it for a while, then he knocks it over by head butting it. The sack spills and covers two battlefield platforms distance with corn. If an opponent is directly in front of the sack, this deals 5% damage with little knockback. This move has some starting lag and little ending lag. An opponent is more likely to trip if he treads on the corn. That's not all though. Live Action Chicken can use his A attack while on the corn to peck and eat some of it. Each peck heals 1% damage and the whole area takes twenty pecks to eat. Every five pecks, a quarter of the area disappears. This has a slight twist though. If you stand and eat the corn, Live Action Chicken is open to all sort of attacks, some of which could be deadly.

VICTORY THEME-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH8ea0M-r8o&feature=channel_page

VICTORY AND LOSS POSE- CONFUSION
Live Action Chicken stares blankly at the screen and occasionally scratches his feathers.

D

Deleted member

Sundance, I've got two words for you.

EPIC.

lolchillinz

lol, Franz Cosbynand

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
You know what, Sundance? Missing the page was worth it for this. I actually wasn't back when you announced Sakurai, so this came as a complete surprise for me. The whole thing was the essence of lulz. I really don't think anybody would stand a chance against Sakurai, with his moves their brain would overload. Seriously, the Blue Screen of Death would be visible in their eyes. Everything was epic, not a dull thing in the moveset. Plus, you incorporated a massive amount of memes in there, too. Actually, I wonder if someone should make a MemeMan set...

Anyways, I now have to chemical-wash my brain to wipe out the image of a middle-aged Asian man shooting bear heads from his crotch. And ****** Captain Falcon.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I laughed. I cried. I blamed Agi.

Seriously, this moveset was just so random, it was hilarious. I'm real glad you finally got this done, Sundance. Bears, blenders, cocks, alt. costumes as MYMers... The whole things was superiorly funny. This is pretty much exactly what I was expecting from this moveset! :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I was laughing from the moment I read his "bio" and I lol'd the whole way through. Live Action Chicken FTW!

Besides being hilarious all the moves were really creative as well. Unfortunatley, all that randomness came at the sacrifice at a coherant playstyle, but then again, that just makes Sakurai like his actual creation's lack of playstyles xD

Good work Sundance. I'm glad to see another move set from you.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Bthrow thanks to Plorf. Anyway, a great set, even if it is utterly ridiculous. I guess that's a good thing in this case, because all the attacks are quite original: something I'm quite fond of in a set. The chicken was also cool, though I'm not sure why it needed an appendix. Your best work so far, easily. :bee:
What other sets did you make...? xD
And LOL@professor mgw.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Wow. I pretty much LOLed the whole way through this set. From the bio, to the random poses, to the chicken laz0r & the awesome victory poses; Sakurai was just a mountain of epicness rolled into a lulzy pile of secrets win. I agree with ocon & MW in saying that Sakurai has no playstyle, but seriously, I wouldn't have it any other way. Awesome job sundance.

This is pretty much a lock for funniest non-joke moveset... O.o

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
mgw, Sakurai's long, yes, but it's mainly because there's a picture on nearly every move he's got.

Also, I'm waiting for this page to fill up to post Hagiri. Oh, and Sam, I'll probably make a FE set this MYM. If I do, it'll be one of the "Navarre/Nabarls" like Rutger or Zihark. Or maybe a Laguz, like Volug, I don't really know yet. Seems he'd have the most potential for differing moves, being able to transform into a wolf and all. Just thought I'd let you know, maybe you can give me some advice on originality, being the FE master you are.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
sorry, but thats just waaaaaaaaay to much to read...
sorry...
Then why are you posting here? That's the most useless posting I've seen in this thread so far.

You honestly thought Sakurai was long? There are sets twice as long as this. Refer to MasterWarlord sets or SkylerOcon's Megaman.EXE
Why thank you, I thought Ashe was among the longest sets in the whole contest. I guess I was wrong, since Ocon using a bigger font makes his set longer, myes.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Sakurai is seriously epic, Sundance. Aside from being basically the funniest thing I've read all contest, he's actually pretty dang creative to boot. The Appendix was the ultimate capper to the whole thing, Live Action Chicken would basically be my main.

[Really sorry about this, phatcat, but I'm here and you're not just now, and I'm not gonna be here later today or most of tomorrow, so it's now or never.]

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
jumpluff

Jumpluff, the cottonweed Pokemon. Possessing a poor set of stats - its Special Defense is its best, and that's nothing special - and a lousy movepool, devoid of just about everything except Grass-type attacks, not to mention a 4x weakness to Ice, Jumpluff is a pretty horrible Pokemon, competitively.

What it DOES have going for it? Ummm... well, it doesn't really have anything going for it. It doesn't even have arms.

Let's get to it, shall we?

animations

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜ Idle
Jumpluff drifts merrily in place. I say drifts because he's so light that he only just brushes the ground.

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜ Walk
Hopping slowly and daintily from foot to foot, Jumpluff inches forth. He's in no rush to get anywhere.

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜ Run
For his run, Jumpluff allows a thin breeze to lean him forward and move him at a faster speed. As it may sound, it's a very slow dash.

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜ Jump
Jumpluff raises its cotton spores and is scooped up by a wind. This is one of the longer jumps in the game, although it's a slow one. The second jump looks about the same and is just as long.

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜ Crouch
Jumpluff crouches rather like Kirby, turning himself into a discus shape, but due to his protruding cotton spores, he doesn't become nearly as small a target.

stats

9 Jump

2 Run

1 Weight

3 KO

8 Trip

1 Fall

In case you can't follow those wacky wandering minimalistic stats, this translates to a character of extremes. Jumpluff is as light as they come, KOable by most of the cast by 50%. This ridiculous drawback is only amplified by the little guy's puny KO potential and slooow movement. On the flip side, he's basically the floatiest character ever. He falls like a feather, and has huge aerial mobility to boot; from the peak of his jump at one end of Temple, he can get all the way to the other. In the air, Jumpluff is God. Oh yeah, and he has good attack speed. Forgot to mention that one.

moveset

~ specials ~

down special ~~~~ sunny day

Jumpluff faces the screen and rotates once like some weird wheel, smiling broadly. This takes about a second and if used in the air suspends him there while it happens. If pulled off, this causes several large beams of sunlight to radiate from a corner of the screen, making everything that much brighter. This condition lasts for twenty seconds before the sunlight fades; this attack has no effect in the meanwhile.

Sunny Day is the cornerstone of Jumpluff's game and has a direct effect on several other attacks. It also triggers Jumpluff's Chlorophyll, which doubles his movement speed on the ground. Not that that's saying much; twice two is still only four.

special attack ~~~~ leech seed

Jumpluff leans forward slightly and uses its cotton-spore arms to push together some dirt, creating a small mound.

This is a quick process that take less than half a second, but you can only have one such seed buried at once. This mound sits there for fifteen seconds before sprouting by default; it then sprouts, quite spontaneously, into a mass of vines about as wide as platform and as tall as Ganondorf. These vines writhe for five seconds; if they still haven't made contact with a foe, they then becomes brown and withered, remaining useless but present for another second before vanishing (see Down Smash). If they DO make contact, they wrap themselves firmly around the opponent, totally immobilizing them, and start draining them of little motes of energy. They, of course, button mash to get out, but if they get caught, depending on their percent and tapping, they'll take 8%-25%, and you'll regain the same amount.

NOTE! If Sunny Day is in effect, the hatch time for the buried seed is approximately cut in half. This goes a long way toward reducing the attack's predictability.

forward special ~~~~ sky blossom

The animation to this attack is identical to the above; Jumpluff buries a seed.

This seed blooms slightly quicker, after about 12 seconds. It then sprouts suddenly into a thin but quite tall flower with a relatively broad blossom, about as high as a Ganondorf and a half. This flower sits there for fifteen seconds before beginning to wilt, and vanishes altogether three seconds after that (see Down Smash). Its primary purpose is to serve as a platform for Jumpluff and Jumpluff alone; every other character falls right through the flower, which can't support their weight.

As useless as this attack may seem, it serves to give Jumpluff a high vantage point and essentially adds its height to his already impressive jump. The higher up he gets, the stronger he is, so this is definitely a vital tool in his arsenal.

NOTE! You guessed it... the hatch time is cut in half for this, making it much easier to set up a platform for yourself.

up special ~~~~ updraft

A sudden wind, signified by the cartoony lines, rises straight from the bottom of the screen below Jumpluff, catching him in its jet stream and raising him up until you release the button, for a max of two seconds. This wind is created immediately, but it takes a bit of time for it to reach Jumpluff. It also lifts foes, partners and items near enough to be caught in it, although not as drastically, as Jumpluff is so light. This is basically a godly recovery, as Jumpluff doesn't lack for horizontal mobility, and this allows him to return from just about anywhere provided he isn't gimped or hit with... y'know, any amount of strength.

Note also that this can only be used when there's nothing beneath Jumpluff but emptiness. Any sort of platform that isn't drop-through will stifle the flow of air, so this can't be used above solid ground to infinitely remain airborne.

~ standards ~

jab ~~~~ bounce

Jumpluff takes a tiny hop forward, barely leaving the ground and almost not moving forward at all - this has no start-up lag and little ending lag if you stop it there. Although he moves relatively slowly, his body is a low-priority hitbox that deals 3% on contact (low knockback).

If you press A a second time just as you touch ground, Jumpluff will jump again, this time going slightly higher and slightly farther forward, as well as dealing 4% and moving faster. You can probably fill in the rest; this can be done up to five times IF your timing is good. The final jump takes you about as high as Falco's jump, quickly, and two platforms forward. Your body is a high-priority hitbox dealing 10% on contact.

During any of the bounces, you can use your second jump to interrupt the attack, abruptly cutting off all momentum. Fantastic as a mindgame and a great way to get higher up if you don't have the time to set up a Sky Blossom - provided your timing is good.

dash attack ~~~~ cloud nine

A rather large cotton spore materializes just half a platform in front of Jumpluff almost instantly, and Jumpluff automatically hops onto it. For this brief moment, the jump, he has super armor. The cotton spore, however, can be dispersed with a single melee attack, both before and after Jumpluff hops onto it.

You can move back and forth now, controlling the spore, although you can't go up or down. The motion here is pretty fast, but beware; if you go off a ledge, you'll start slowly descending. After about ten seconds, the spore will disappear on its own, so keep an eye on the clock. You can get Jumpluff to get off of it - destroying it - by simply pressing any button.

If the spore touches an enemy, it'll cling to them, and their fall speed will be dramatically reduced, as will the power of their attacks, until it disperses - which happens at the end of the originally alotted ten seconds. Get one of these on them, then go up into the skies - they'll be too slow in the air to do much to you, and they'll leave themselves open to any one of your nasty bombing techniques.

How nice.

~ tilts ~

forward tilt ~~~~ cotton clamp

Dainty little Jumpluff pulls back both of his cotton arms behind it, then brings them together in a clap before him. This has start-up lag, and ending lag if it misses. If, however, it hits, Jumpluff will do a little automatic hop backward, protecting him from retaliation that isn't disjointed.

If you DO hit, the cotton spores will - you know it - cling to the foe, and two new ones will sprout with a funny little popping sound out of Jumpluff's arms. In addition to dealing the foe 11%, these cotton spores, which cling for five seconds before dropping off, will cut their ground and aerial movement speed drastically. These spores can be stacked - any given foe can have any number of them on at once. If they're not quick characters, you could maybe string together two Cotton Clamps in a row, making them easy prey to a waiting Leech Seed, perhaps?

up tilt ~~~~ synthesis

Enter the truly meaty part of Jumpluff's game. Upon using this, Jumpluff hops ever so slightly off the ground, and, suspended there, glitters gold and green. This attack takes juuust under a second, so it's one of his laggier ones.

If pulled off uninterrupted, this will heal Jumpluff a certain amount, usually between 3%-15%. Where in that range it heals depends on how high off of the ground Jumpluff is, and how close to the sun. If you're on ground level on a given stage, it'll be on the lower end. If you're on the upper platform in Temple, you'll heal the maximum. If you're sitting on a particularly tall flower, you'll heal the maximum. This healing tactic depends largely on how much effort you want to put into it.

NOTE! If the sun is shining when this is used, the amount you heal is doubled! Now, don't cry broken quite yet - as ridiculous as this sounds, it's a poor foe who'll allow you to set up a Sunny Day AND get to a high vantage point by planting a flower AND pull off this laggy attack. Doing all that quite warrants 30% healed, I think, considering many characters can dispense that much with a single smash.

down tilt ~~~~ worry seed

The animation to this is identical to Neutral Special - Jumpluff buries a wee seed.

This seed, however, doesn't sprout - the small mound of earth merely vanishes after fifteen seconds. In that time, however, if a foe crosses over it, they'll be seeded!!! The worry seed has one of three random effects on a foe unlucky enough to get one caught on them - it drops off after eight seconds, but can really mess up their game in the meantime.

[1] Their character will crouch and/or fastfall uncontrollably.
[2] Their character will take 2% each second, leading to an impressive 16% total.
[3] Their character will become dizzy as though their shield was broken at some random moment in those eight seconds.

Remember, this looks identical to the seemingly harmless seeds of Leech Seed and Sky Blossom, and since you can have one of each at any given time, it gets tough to keep track for even the most skilled of foes.

~ smashes ~

forward smash ~~~~ scoop up

What a lovely, blustery day! As Jumpluff charges, he looks much like his default stance, happy and carefree. When you release, a sudden wind blows from just behind Jumpluff, catapulting him forward at the speed of a running Fox. This is a fairly low-lag Smash. While in the wind, Jumpluff is essentially in the air, and can use aerials, all the while being moved forward; however, he IS vulnerable to enemy strikes.

They'll have to high priority as hell, though, because the wind extends further than Jumpluff, and will blow foes in the same direction, albeit not as quickly. The longer you charged this attack, the further the wind blows you - anywhere from one platform to three.

So, this attack deals no damage. Its primary use is as a speedy means of transporting Jumpluff across the stage. Its secondary use is to blow the foe away, quite literally. If you use this on a foe who's recovering, yes, the wind will likely carry you off the side of the screen - but it'll do the same thing to them. And if it doesn't quite kill you, well, who has better horizontal recovery than Jumpluff? No one. This is one of your most important KO machines.

up smash ~~~~ leaf guard

This is a low-lag smash with no winddown. Jumpluff makes a cry and four smallish cotton spores materialize all around him, spinning constantly to make a sort of shield against outside attack. These spores can be broken with a single hit of just about any kind - BUT they cancel out any attack used against them. If a Mr. Falcon uses his Punch, one or maybe two spores will be caught in the hitbox, and they'll POOF into thin air - but the attack will end, and Jumpluff will be unharmed.

Charging this attack makes the spores spin more slowly, resulting in more well-rounded protection, as only one can be last to an attack from any given direction. They all vanish after fifteen seconds, if they haven't been destroyed yet.

This attack is Jumpluff's most important defensive manuever. With all his healing, he still can't take more than a few solid hits, and this attack goes a long way toward alleviating that. However, it fails against projectiles or effective attacks with multiple hits, so its uses are limited. Use when you have nothing better to do.

down smash ~~~~ morning dew

Ah! This is the cornerstone of Jumpluff's game! Yeah, I realize I've said that about four times already for other attacks. Even so!

While charging, Jumpluff splays out his limbs and faces the screen, gathering the sun's energy in the form of shiny dew. This smash is interesting in that it has a max charge time of three seconds, and it charges one second automatically, making it laggy at the best of times. Once the button is released, Jumpluff lets loose a circular wave of water that comes from the core of his body and radiates outward in all directions like a shield. When it comes into contact with a foe, it deals them flinching knockback and 5%-12%, depending on charge time. The water travels quickly and is therefore hard to dodge, which, combined with its going in all directions, makes it a great repellent against approaches, if you find the time.

It has a more important property. If this attack is used within one platform of a wilting flower or some dying vines, it'll completely rejuvenate them, bringing their lifespan back to what it originally was! Not that anyone's likely to give you the time to do it, but you can theoretically repeatedly replenish a dying Sky Blossom or Leech Seed.

And that's still not it ("i LOVE detail!!1!" says Warlord)! If this attack is used a platform away from a mound of earth containing a Sky Blossom, it'll water it quite nicely, and the Sky Blossom will hatch as a super GIANT flower, almost twice as large as the default! This isn't too easy to pull off, but trust me, it pays off. Get up there and uses Synthesis, NOW!

NOTE! ("Forget you, K.Rool," Kibble just said) This is the last detail, I promise. If the sun is shining, you collect twice as much dew, naturally, and therefore the water deals more damage, moves faster, and... well, that's it. Thank you for your time.

~ sky attacks ~

neutral air ~~~~ cotton spore

Jumpluff causes three cotton spores to materialize at random spots around him and fall down at a slow clip. This move has very little lag of any kind, and can be used in quick succession. The cotton spores work the same way as forward tilt, cutting a foe's speed, and they stick upon the lightest contact - however, they can still be destroyed by aggressive contact, so you'll have to throw a hell of a lot down there for a few to stick. Once they start sticking, just keep it up, and soon they'll be slow as Metal Mario, and easy pickings for a waiting Leech Seed or lethal Down Air.

This is one of your best incentives for getting high up off the ground and well above the foe...

forward air ~~~~ poisonpowder

...But far from your only one. Jumpluff draws his arms in close, then spreads them, dispersing a small cloud of drifting purple particles. The cloud's as wide as a stage builder block, but quickly becomes more dispersed over a longer surface as long as a platform and a half. This attack has fair start-up lag, and a spot of ending lag.

The poisonpowder descends, very slowly, ever groundward. Along the way, any foes caught in it takes cumulative damage, 2% each second. This isn't a lot, as the cloud isn't thick enough to keep a foe surrounded for longer than a second, anyway. When the powder reaches the ground, it hangs suspended just above it for a second or two before sinking for good.

This is far from the perfect damage mechanism, but bear in mind please that it can be used in quick succession, resulting in waves of poison descending on the hapless foe without a moment of respite. Try shorthopping this; it's about as unexpected as it gets.

NOTE! If the sun is shining intensely, this poisonpowder turns red as soon as it's created, tinged with fiery energy. This is... burn powder! It deals 3% instead of two, but descends more quickly, making it harder to get lots of hits. In addition, there's a small chance of the foe getting the curry effect while being hit by this; if that happens, stay as high off the ground as possible, as that can really put a damper (OHO!) on your game.

back air ~~~~ leaf storm

Jumpluff swings one arm behind it in a wide swipe, a quick-to-come-out gesture with some wind-down lag. This creates about five small leaves, which spin rapidly in place for about a second before vanishing completely. Each leaf deals multiple hits, 4% if all connect, and they draw the foe in, so that other leaves can slice them up as well. Theoretically, this could do 20%.

This isn't particularly versatile, or noteworthy, except as a way of creating a midair obstacle to stop a foe trying to get you from behind. I guess you could say it kinda sucks.

up air ~~~~ rain of petals

Jumpluff splays its cotton arms, releasing a small cloud of pink petals. This is largely lagless. You may not expect it, but these actually do NOT fall down toward the ground. Rather, borne on a wind, they continue to fly up until they leave through the top of the screen.

If, on the way, they make contact with a foe, the petals will all begins to rapidly swirl around them, disabling all of their aerials until they touch ground. They also deal 8%-12% in the bargain. This is best used when you're recovering from below, and followed by an Up B. Maybe that'll even take them off the top of the screen, although it's likely to do the same to you.

down air ~~~~ seed bomb

Here is another attack that relies on you being way off of the ground. It's also the cornerstone of Jumpluff's game! In a rather laggy move, Jumpluff swings both "arms" down and drops what starts out as a tiny seed. Upon contact, it flinches and deal 2%. However, the longer it falls, the bigger and more deadly it gets.

Every time it falls one Ganondorf, in other words, it gets about 30% larger and more powerful. After falling two Ganondorfs, it will explode on contact with the ground or a foe, in an explosion almost equalling a Bob-Omb's. This is the main reason why you want to plant your Sky Blossoms and get high off of the ground; your Seed Bombs are your most powerful attack, and easily your best way to land KOs.

~ grab ~

grab ~~~~ cotton huck

Jumpluff brings one arm back, then swings mightily forward, hurling one cotton spore straight forward. As long as you hold Z, it'll continue to move inexorably forward at the speed of a running Falco. If it touches a foe, it'll stick to them. If it misses entirely, well - release Z and it'll vanish, and you'll be fairly lagless to stop their coming attack.

If it DOES touch someone, then Jumpluff's rather unique throw begins. They can move, but the cotton slows them just as it would if it were generated by a different attack. Jumpluff can't move - but you CAN press A to cause the cotton spore to split into two, slowing them down still more. You can do this fairly quickly, essentially slowing them to a crawl to make up for the mobility and your lack thereof.

If you manage to get ten cotton spores on them before they smack you, they'll start to slowly float upward. At this point, you can tap the control stick in any direction to get a sudden wind to blow them about two platforms in that direction. This is wonderful for KOs, if you can pull it off.

You can press B at any time during this to simply cause all the cotton on them to burst. Each spore on them this way deals 2%, so doing this after getting ten or so on them is a damage-dealing MACHINE. Just remember that the grab is laggy and predictable, and you're likely to get smacked for your trouble unless they're faaaar away from you.

~ final smash ~

final smash ~~~~ cotton farm

Jumpluff does a little jig, an evil look in his eyes - have you ever seen such a thing? If this doesn't make the foe surrender automatically, the actual Final Smash happens. Suddenly, the screen is filled with cotton spores about the size of Jumpluff! They're everywhere, basically. In addition to sticking to any foe they come into contact with - and it's impossible to avoid all of them, or even many of them - to slow them down, these can be jumped on. They can, however, only be jumped on by - you know it - Jumpluff. Since there's so many, it's easy enough to find a stairway to heaven, if you will. And once you're way up there, it's time to start Synthesizing and Seed Bombing. This state lasts a mere ten seconds, but that should be plenty to wreak havoc on the practically paralyzed foes.

playstyle

Well, it's that time again. Time for me to drone on and on about why Jumpluff is so awesome.

Essentially, Jumpluff is easy to learn, hard to master. Anyone can jump a lot, drop Seed Bombs, and maybe turn on Sunny Day now and then and do okay with the little guy. However, using such a strategy to beat a seasoned R.O.B, say, who can catch up to you easily enough and bring you down to the ground with his spike - which you'll be hard-pressed to avoid, considering how slowly you fall - is not going to be enough. You need to balance three sides of the game - planting, sunlight, and height.

The first is the most basic. Plant seeds as often as possible. It's not laggy, so the positioning of your seeds and your foresight is everything. Try to keep it mixed it up, so as to keep them guessing as to what you're going to reap. Sky Blossom is probably the most important, so keep a down smash ready whenever you have the chance; this ties in to height, which I'm not going to discuss yet.

Leech Seed, meanwhile, is a method of immobilization. This matters because Jumpluff's kill methods are so damn limited; Seed Bomb may be potent, but it's easy to see coming the fifth time. If you're having trouble getting them into that Leech Seed, turn to your Forward Smash, which serves that purpose in addition to movement. Lastly, Worry Seed is the odd one out. Use it now and then, just to keep them worrying (of course), and the payoff may be grand.

It's all about location. Don't forget where your seeds are, choose their locations carefully, and nurture them with loving care.

Next: Sunny Day. The main payoff of this particular cornerstone is the increased growth of seeds, and that IS important; however, Synthesis pays off just as much. Jumpluff isn't going to endure more than five or six solid hits without some sort of defensive supplement; while up smash goes some way toward protecting your soft, fleshy inside, healing is the real key, both with this and with Leech Seed. And never underestimate the boost an unexpected Burn Powder or bigger Morning Dew can get you.

Finally, we get to the big one; flight. All the other things are just ways of getting to this. Jumpluff is a creature of the skies, and there's a good reason for it. This is his refuge, this is where he's in charge; unlike other aerially-based character, Jumpluff doesn't want the foe to come up with him. No, Jumpluff is firmly based around keeping the foe grounded, immobile, while watching him majestically soar overhead. The higher you get, the more potent his aerials become, especially the lethal Seed Bomb. Use Sky Blossom to get up there, use platforms to get up there; however you do it, if you get high enough, you can freely rain havoc down on the hapless foe.

I just want to take a moment to mention the importance of slowing down the foe with cotton spores. I think I've said already that Jumpluff is low on defense. This means that you'll have to rely on the foe not being able to reach you, and yes, the best way to do this is to go up, up, and away. But you can't stay up there forever, which is why you need to make sure the opponent simply isn't fast enough to bring a beating.

Playing Jumpluff is like the sensation of weightlessness. Why bother grubbing around in the dirt when you can simply glide on the comforting winds, caressed by the rays of the sun? However, you really have to rely on growth; every tree starts with a seedling, and so does your game. Time yourself, control the field and your opponent, and flutter away like a feather on the wind whenever you feel threatened. Nothing's holding you back, not even gravity.

extras

~ taunts & poses ~

Taunt - Jumpluff faces the screen and covers its face with its cotton spores, then pops out, making a scary face. He then chuckles.
Taunt - Jumpluff spreads his arms apart above him, creating a small shower of petals. He giggles.
Taunt - Jumpluff starts to hop around, then trips. He gets up quickly and covers his face with his spores. He then sobs.

Victory - Jumpluff tosses up armfuls of cotton, which rain down all around him and the losers as he runs around in joy.
Victory - Jumpluff is watering a little mound of earth, when suddenly a ray of sun hits it and it sprouts into a beautiful flower so suddenly that it knocks him off his feet.
Victory - Jumpluff is simply standing there, looking around expectantly, when a gust of wind hits him and he raises his arm joyfully. He's then blown right off the screen.
Loss - Jumpluff claps together his cotton arms, every once in a while looking upset at the lack of any sound.

~189

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Sakurai was a really great moveset; his animations were funny, his special mechanic was fuunny, and within all the madness there were some really great moves, such as the splash, and TIER PUNCH!, which could easily be used for mindgames, although tourneys would be full of Sakurai and MK then XD.

All in all, it's a great set which could be seen as a joke set, but if you read it fully you understand that it's just a well made set that's very funny. Well done.

I will now comment on Jumpluff- hang on while I read it :laugh:.

OK, so onto Jumpluff- I like the little guy due to him having a playstyle that I like (similar to Jigglypuff, but more defensive), that being said, I would have liked to have seen him with a few more offensive moves, but that doesn't really matter, as all the links with the different moves makes Jumpluff a great, albeit slow, damage racker, and all the different hidden seeds could help you easily control the field, and the fact you have Nature Dew helps you take care of your plans and seeds, and if you have seeds on the ground, the opponent have to follow you in the air, where you have the advantage. This set is really well thought out K.Rool, excellent job.

Onto the moves now, I have to say that Seed Bomb, Leaf Guard and Scoop Up are definitely my favourites: Seed Bomb is a great offensive move, and gives Jumpluff a good reason to be so proud of his jumping prowess, Leaf Guard is a creative Up Smash, and if I read it right, it performs similarly to a perfect shield- they hit the shield, then you can hit back straight away (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and Scoop Up seems like a great KO move, and a great way to travel along the stage, and reminds me of a non damaging yet much more useful version of Ike's Side B.

The layout is great as always K.Rool, although I think Ekans wins in that category, and his taunts and poses are as in character as possible, so good job.

The one thing about this set is that some people may bring up the lack of detail, but in my opinion this isn't a problem- all the moves are given enough detail, and are creative and link well, so it's all good. And if you put Jumpluff buries a seed, it buries a seed- there's nothing more to be said to describe the process :laugh:.

This is my favourite Pokemon set of yours- it flows better than Ekans, but is easily more playable than Shellder- fantastic job.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
*sigh2.0* Oh well. I was reloading the page every now and then, but I guess I lost track of time while playing Shadow Dragon... Anyways, it's my fault.

K.Rool-Well, I realize you changed the organization a little. Also, I noticed that the Special descriptions are relatively short compared to most others, but they get the job done. I like the potential mindgames with the seeds, and the fact that you can hamper your opponents movements with a ton of moves, which a slow guy like Jumpluff needs. Well, a slow and not overpowered guy. Like if Ganondorf had those kinds of moves, he'd rival Metaknight in cheapness. But Jumpluff pulls it off well. I do like the Forward Smash, with it giving Jumpluff some ground mobility, but it seems a little easy to predict, and polished Brawlers with a relatively fast moveset could easily punish it. Still, who says it has to be used for offense? You could just use it to run away. I don't really like the fact that he has to be so high up in the air to pull off most of his good moves, like Seed Bomb. It seems as if Meta Knight, Pit, Kirby, or really anybody with high jumps or a Bunny Hood could decimate Jumpluff just by reaching him and knocking him out of the air. Plus, you'd really have to knock most people into the Seeds that you plant, as, unless they're really absent-minded or a circus monkey, they'll just jump over them otherwise. The throw is unique, and I'm quite fond of it, but I really don't see how you'd be able to trap most people with that, except for the characters that are already so slow they couldn't reach you in time in the first place.

Anyways, despite all those negatives, Jumpluff is still a pretty good defensive combatant, if you can gain the air you need and properly maintain it. Seed Bomb is a beast if used properly, and you can still hinder your foe's movement while you're in the air, so they most likely won't be too much of a threat to you.

Overall, my review would have to be that Jumpluff would be great in the hands of a true master, like the Mew2King of 'Pluff, but it would take a long time to get there, and you have a lot of weaknesses to cover.

Still, I like the fact that you took an under appreciated Pokemon and made a pretty good contender out of him.
Also, Meta Knight seems like the perfect counter to Jumpluff: He can reach him in the air, is quick enough to get a hit in while up there and somewhat counter the Spores, and has longer reach on the ground, and maybe in the air, horizontally.

BTW, Warlord, Bradley is WRATH, not Pride. Just pointing that out.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Also, I'm waiting for this page to fill up to post Hagiri. Oh, and Sam, I'll probably make a FE set this MYM. If I do, it'll be one of the "Navarre/Nabarls" like Rutger or Zihark. Or maybe a Laguz, like Volug, I don't really know yet. Seems he'd have the most potential for differing moves, being able to transform into a wolf and all. Just thought I'd let you know, maybe you can give me some advice on originality, being the FE master you are.
I suppose you're adressing me, but this is the first time anyone's actually adressed me on Smashboards by my IRL nickname... I'm surprised a newcomer even knows it... do you know me from Serenes Forest or something?

Anyways, I would be happy to see an FE set from you. Navarre (or any swordmaster for that matter) certainly has the potential to be unique despite being a sword wielder. I see them as being a class with a more graceful flowing style than anything currently in Smash. Stats would definitely vary from Swordmaster to Swordmaster (Stefan could be seen as a much more powerful but slower swordmaster than Navarre, for example). Volug, or other Laguz, are something I've been meaning to make (I had originally been planning on Nagi instead of Sheeda), but you may have trouble finding adequate pictures depending on what Laguz unit you pick. They do indeed have a lot of potential depending on how you implement the switching (a Laguz Guage would be the most unique and true to character method.) The FE series as a whole is one that involves a lot of creative influencing, as, let's face it, the character's don't perform a large variety of attacks in the game. One thing I tend to do is take the FE10 skills and come up with ways to implement them in Smash. Sheeda is a good example of this, as she comes equipped with the majority of FE10 skills in her set.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should also use this post to comment on another set. Seeing as I read Sakurai yesterday, I'll comment on him. There is not much I can say that hasn't already been said. The entire thing had me lol'ing, all the way from start to finish, though a couple of things disturbed me a little, such as eating Sakurai's skin. The thing that I found most hilarious was probably the victory pose, Suddenly *****. It would be so much win to have that in Smash. Aside from being funny, I was surprised that the moves actually had effort put into them function-wise. I was expecting this to be just about making people laugh their ***es off. Sure he is to random to have a playstyle, but perhaps being completely random is a playstyle in itself. Great job.

peeup

Smash Lord
Jumpluff is really cool... I thought it was just going to be a Jigglypuff clone (or something like that) when you were talking about its light weight being counterbalanced by its aerial mobility, but Jumpluff has much cooler moves. I really like his dtilt... its a good way to punish somebody for not fighting Jumpluff in the air, which puts more emphasis on aerial fights and less on ground fights.

PS (this has nothing to do with my comment) I just checked the MyM wiki, and I noticed that I'm 'deceased' as of late january... I just want the mods of that site to know that I'm back.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Sakurai: 10supervotes

Jumpluff: Wow, that was very good, KingK.Rool! You're great at making unique, interesting sets for underappreciated Pokemon. I love the concept of a character who sort of floats around the stage. I can't say much else but great originality, organization and easy readability from conciseness like in all of your sets. My only concern is that he/she/it/potato could be slightly underpowered, but I don't have a great sense for balance, as shown by Medli's Dash Attack. Very well done.

Also, I've finally decided on my next moveset.
The DK set will be held off until Make Your Move 6.0, most likely.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Don't hate on Tingle. I love him and NOTHING will stop me from completing this set.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Sundance. I've wasted another post yet again.

I read the whole thing, and I lol'd at the alternate costumes. Blame MT. Maybe I shall...

The whole 'block' idea was funny as heck. XD "I dunno, lol. Got a better idea?"

Good stuff.

K.Rool. I will begin reading Jump right now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Also, I've finally decided on my next moveset.
The DK set will be held off until Make Your Move 6.0, most likely.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Don't hate on Tingle. I love him and NOTHING will stop me from completing this set.
I officially love you now. I considered doing it myself, as well, but I have too little source material to work with, since I don't own any game with him inside except for Smash.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Jumpluff is pretty sweet; his aerial focus really brings a new playstyle to Smash. Speaking of playstyle, the playstyle was really well thought out. Great job!

Sakurai...wow. I LOLed at nearly every single move. There was originality in there if you look for it, and the Landmaster thing at the beginning made the set for me, as did his background section. However...I thought you would use more Brawl memes and that's what she said jokes from the Dojo over food phenomenons.

Like maybe...

Come on, now! Where are you sticking that thing?

or maybe...

Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

or maybe even...

*wait for it*

The Delay 'O Doom!

Still, great set. One of the best, if not the best serious joke character we've seen in MYM. Superb, indeed!

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'm going to be the odd one out here and say something bad about Sakurai. Sure there was plenty of humour and a truckful of memes, but I could count on one hand the number of references that were actually about Sakurai. This could have been a delicious send-up of Sakurai and Smash Brothers in general, but it ended up being MemeMan.

I know that seems like a petty complaint to level at a moveset (especially considering how much effort you put into it) and it probably is, so I apologise for sounding like a bitter old man. But I simply can't let go of the fact that so much of this moveset had so little to do with Sakurai.

And when I saw his special ability "Designer's block" I instantly assumed it would be a dampening field that suppressed other character's Special Mechanics and reduce the additional effects found on some moves (i.e. Sakurai represses the creativity of all those around him)

That said, it is still a hilarious moveset that is many kinds of epic.

Jumpluff is a disgustingly well thought out, and in character, moveset. I'm glad you kept things as simple as you did;
(Jump up + attack with fluff = Jumpluff)
I also like the organisation you used (especially the cute little squiggles that look like jumps) although it wasn't as striking or immediate as the presentation for Ekans;

Does Updraft simply not work on the ground, or does the wind still appear at the bottom blastline, dispersing once it touches the stage?
Also, will Updraft work when standing on one-way platforms like the main platforms on Delfino Plaza and Halberd (i.e. you can jump up through the platform, but cannot fall through it)? Considering the platform on Delfino Plaza is simply a wire mesh, there's no logical reason to say wind can't pass up through it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So yea... I read Sakurai now, and I have to echo what my two predecessors said... I think I did tell you that I'd prefer you making a set about Sakurai and things related to him. While some of the stuff is pretty hilarious, it still isn't really Sakurai, but, as Junahu, stated, "Mememan". Which is sad, considering the potential of Smash and DOJO-related jokes you could've used instead.

It's still a great moveset, nothing else expected from you, Sundance.

On an unrelated sidenote... check my linkspace on page 1 for a little surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom