• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Oh, you fixed that one loose
tag.

Kidding, Miles Edgeworth sounds like it could be a really interesting set.​

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Eeeeeeeeeeeee....I love Jumpluff! <3 [/girliness]

One of my favorite sets from you Rool, captured the Pokemon perfectly without just copying moves from the game. A-work there my droogy.

I read the whole thing, and I lol'd at the alternate costumes. Blame MT. Maybe I shall...
Maybe I blame you... (wary)

On an unrelated sidenote... check my linkspace on page 1 for a little surprise...
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ <3 Spade's making the set I could never bring myself to make <3

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ack, missed a whole bunch of movesets again! I've got some good reading to look forward to. And once again, just when I come back and check, a Pokemon moveset is the first one that pops up.

@Jumpluff: First of all, I LOVE Jumpluff (the Pokemon). It's one of the more underloved Grass-types.
Although you seem to have ignored its respectable Speed stat <.<

That said, I liked your take on it, K. Rool! Plenty of fun-sounding moves abound, and the lightness + all the fluffiness totally captures the essence of the underdog that is Jumpluff. I see you took some other creative liberties and added some original moves as well, which is cool. Jumpluff planting seeds while on the ground seems a little out of place for me; I always imagined it as more of an aerial seed disperser, but that's whatever. I'm not a huge fan of those seed moves; they seem awkward, slow and situational to me since Jumpluff's supposed to be big in the air (I also thought Jumpluff would have at least a few more midair jumps). Sky Blossom is a neat little idea, but doesn't seem like it helps all that much at getting a better "vantage point". Maybe it's just me, though.

Otherwise, everything else is fine and dandy-lion. Oh, I wish I could be a Jumpluff and just float away on the winds...great set, K. Rool! :bee:

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Hagiri Kaname, Sniper Extraordinaire, Has Joined The Battle!​

*Note* That is an ALTERNATE COSTUME, I just couldn't find a bigger version of his normal one:

BACKGROUND

In Yu Yu Hakusho, Hagiri is one of the Seven, a group of humans with special talents who wish to open a portal to the Demon Realm, thus destroying humanity(though, as is discovered later, this would not have been the true outcome). The Seven are led by a human called Shinobu Sensui, an ex-spirit detective who saw the evil of the human race head on. Hagiri doesn’t play a big role in the manga, only being in a few chapters, but he exhibits some very powerful abilities. For one, he can turn anything into a bullet by hardening it with his ki, including pencil erasers, small pebbles, dice, and anything else. Second, he’s got the ability to put special targets on his foes, which he is unable to miss. Third, his abilities stretch to the limits, as he is able to control things much bigger than pebbles, such as boulders and even a tanker truck. Lastly, even without the targets, Hagiri’s accuracy is insane. He puts professional killers like Snake to shame. In the manga, he shows a good amount of these abilities in his battle with Yusuke Urameshi, the main character of the series, and he beats him. Kinda. Another character(Hiei) comes to save his butt at the last second, and nearly kills Hagiri by stabbing him in the back, with no warning at all. He survives this, however, and later a small amount of what happened to him later on is shown, but I’ll let you watch/read that part.

Also, one thing to remember is that all of Hagiri’s homing moves disappear after eight seconds, unless they say otherwise. Some are just too powerful to remain out that long. This is more than enough time to contact a foe, however. They can be knocked out of the air by any attack that can physically contact a character, no matter the strength, like any jab or slash, FLUDD, or Bullet Seed, but not things like Sing or Melee Mewtwo’s Disable. Most of them, any that don’t say otherwise, also vanish on contact with any solid surface or even Snake’s Box. They can also harm Hagiri if the opponent leads them to him, so be careful if your foe is not a CPU and can actually think for themselves. Also, yes, Meta Knight’s Neutral A will pretty much be a perfect shield against these, as will Fox/Falco’s Blasters if used right. Most strong attacks tend to take out a few of these with one hit, so they're not too reliable, but you can overwhelm your opponent with them. Just be careful to remember how long they've been on the field.

STATS/MOVESET

Stats​

Size: 6/10 He’s a human, but only around sixteen or seventeen, so he’s not that tall. Six is stretching it a little, actually.

Weight: 4/10 Hagiri isn’t meant for physical combat, so he isn’t ripped or built to take hits.

First Jump: 4/10 Once again, not very physically able.

Second Jump: 5/10 A little better, but not much.

Top Speed: 6/10 The Sniper has to get in range, so his legs are a little muscular.

Traction: 4/10 Speed doesn’t help him here; he never did cross-country, so he’s a little slippery.

Power: 6/10 Hagiri’s K.O. moves are very situational, but he does have them, and they are devastating if they land correctly.

Range: 10/10 Seriously, he’s The Sniper. He doesn’t have to be anywhere near his foe to destroy them.
In fact, I’d advise against going near them if at all possible.

Priority: 4/10 Most of his Moveset is projectiles, so priority isn’t that great.

Recovery: 7/10 Hagiri’s got a respectable recovery, but it’s easily gimped.

Fall Speed: 7/10 Hagiri’s weapons weigh him down a lot.

Attack Speed: 7/10 Hagiri’s very skillful with his weapons, and has mastered their use in combat., but he does have a few laggy attacks, so he can't get a perfect here.

Crouch: Yes.

Crawl: No.

No Wall Jump/Cling or Float.

Animations​

Standing: Hagiri’s normal stance involves him holding his hand over his gun holster, on his right.

Idle: Hagiri will take out his gun(for all you gun lovers, it’s a Colt 1911A1 .45 ACP Clone) and spin it around his fingers, Western style.

Walking: The Sniper walks slowly, twiddling a throwing knife in his left hand.

Running: Hagiri still has his knife, but this time he holds it in his right hand, held behind the left side of his head.

Dashing: This time, The Sniper still holds the knife in his right hand, but this time off the screen to the right, with his left arm held horizontally. If he were to throw the knife, he would sling his right hand forward, pivoting his wrist but leaving his arm motionless.

Crouching: Hagiri gets down on one knee, which would be about a 5/10 on effectiveness. This also means that there is a small amount of lag.

First Jump:
Hagiri’s just jumps, but he drops a small knife directly downwards as he does so. The knife inflicts 3% damage and negligible knockback. This will also lay a target on the foe, in a random place. It may land on one that's already there, and nothing will happen,

Second:
Same as the first but in the air. Also, the knife’s damage increases by 1% every stage builder block it travels, and it falls through fall-through platforms. This has the same target-laying properties as the first one.

Shield: Hagiri has a simple shield, like Mario or Luigi’s. He holds a throwing knife in front of his face.

Sidestep: Hagiri turns so that he is facing the camera and jump-steps into the background. It’s a rather long sidestep.

Roll:
Same as sidestep, but he jumps back a bit too.

Air Dodge: Hagiri snaps his head backwards, which somehow helps him avoid attacks…

Trip: He’s not agile enough to save himself, but he tries. Looks very comical as he rotates his arms beck and forth, which ultimately fails.

Asleep: Hagiri just sleeps, in the same position as his crouch.

Dizzy: The Sniper looks a little queasy, he sways back and forth a little, and his knees shake a bit.

Specials​

B-Colt/Crossbow: Hagiri whips out his Colt or Crossbow, and the rest is up to the amount of targets you’ve placed on the enemy; if it’s less than two, nothing will happen at all; Hagiri will just point the gun/bow straight ahead, then put it away, leading to some above average ending lag. With two, the shot will travel in a completely horizontal line at a speed equal to Marth’s run and will home if it enters an area of one Battlefield Platform on any side. At three, the gun/bow will fire straight ahead, but will begin homing if it enters an area within two Battlefield Platforms of an opponent. It moves at Sonic’s speed at this point. With the fourth and final target mark, Hagiri will aim right at his enemy and fire. This is nearly unavoidable, as the bullet/bolt moves so quickly it is nearly invisible, and it will move through terrain. However, this isn’t without its drawbacks. You see, if you hit the enemy with any form of this attack, whether it be with two targets or four, it’ll wipe all targets from their body, so before you can even use it again you need to plant at least two more targets on the foe, and the removal of targets really hurts Hagiri’s overall game. Plus, you can’t add more for four seconds if you used this when the foe had four targets on them. This number corresponds directly to the number of targets on the foe: two will restrict target laying for two seconds, and three for three. However, both of these will leave the target essentially in helpless mode, the hitstun is unbelievable.

The Colt and Crossbow act differently; for one, the Colt has ‘Made in Japan’ on the side, and the bow ‘Made in America.’ As for damage, the gun is stronger first off, and has better knockback, at 11% w/2 targets, 14% w/3, and 18% w/4, and knockback equal to Marth’s Neutral Special uncharged, half charged, and then Sweet-Spotted full charge. The knockback is completely horizontal, however. It also spikes majorly if the opponent is in the air. If you're right in front of whoever you hit with this, you'll be able to combo most moves, target or not, since they'll tun straight into the foe.

The bow, however, deals 9% at two, but sticks in them, delivering another 2% a second for two seconds, for an overall total of 13%. With three, it initially inflicts 11%, but does an extra 2% per second for 2 seconds, for 15% total. At four, initial is 14%, then 2% for three seconds, ending with 20% damage. The knockback, however, is less, near Mario’s Fsmash with four targets.

The Colt will instantly break a shield AND strike the person inside for regular damage/knockback. When the shield breaks, a loud glass-shattering sound is heard.

The Crossbow, on the other hand, sticks into shields and other things, holding them in place for three seconds. This may seem like a lot, and it is, but they cannot be K.O.ed like this, as they are literally stuck in place, so they can take damage, but knockback won’t phase them. The shield degenerates at the rate it would if the button were being held very slightly, where the shield is light and easily broken by attacks. However, you can’t break the shield, it must deteriorate on its own, and it most likely will if it had been used prior to this move. This also works for any other shielding technique, like Link’s actual Hylian Shield, or Pit’s Mirror Shield/Angel Ring. The bolt will also stick into ground, walls, and other solid objects, and won’t fade until it is hit. It is double-sided(there is a notch in the back head for the string), and will act as a damaging item like a Unira, dealing 3% and little, set knockback. Because of some comments, I've changed this a little: You can select which weapon you'll pull out by pressing your shield button at the same time you press the Special Button. This will select the Crossbow, not holding it will select the Colt. Both weapons ignore Air-Dodge with four targets. Gun-8-13%; Crossbow-9-16%.

How to use this: Well, this is a very fickle move. If you have just one(or zero) target, nothing happens and it is just a mindgame. At two, it isn’t very fast, but there is less cleanup afterwards, what with only having to station two more targets to get back to where you were. Three travels a bit faster, but you’ll have to add three more targets to catch back up. Four, the weapon is ungodly accurate, but four to zero targets is a huge waste. Use it if there is a clear shot with three or less, but try to avoid using it with four unless your foe is off the stage, because these (all types) spike if they hit someone in the air. Try to use this right in front of the foe, so that you'll be able to combo into anything that doesn't require targets.

Side B-He Can Send Anything!: The Sniper’s jacket floats up a little, as if he were in a wind tunnel. Then, fourteen knives/screwdrivers/chisels will hover out from the jacket to a position in front of Hagiri. This takes a fourth of a second to happen, so the lag isn't too bad, as with most of Hagiri's moveset. You can charge this attack, and the more you do, the more condensed this becomes. While most attacks spread out as they charge, Hagiri is a little smarter than that. You see, the closer these things are packed, the more that will hit the opponent, so more damage will be inflicted upon them. The actual assortment and number of each weapon is random, but there cannot be more than five Knives or six Screwdrivers. There can be an unlimited (up to fourteen) Chisels, since they are the weakest. You cannot use this if your foe is free of targets, there has to be at least one or Hagiri will just experience quite a bit of lag. These will begin to home at just one target, but they move rather slowly, at the speed of Bowser’s run, and they only last one second. If the foe has two targets on them, these will home in faster, at around Luigi’s run, and last for an extra half a second. With three, the Random Sharp Things will move at Marth’s run and will stay out for two seconds. At the max, they’ll rush toward the foe at Falcon’s run, and will remain on the field for 2.5 seconds. This takes one target off of the foe, no matter the charge. Only one set can be out a time, of course. Chisels-1% each. Screwdrivers-2% each. Knives-3% each. Max: 30% (5 Kn-15%, 6 Sc-12%, 3 Ch-3%).

How To Use This: It really all depends on where the opponent is. If they are in the air, then don’t charge this, as the extra coverage will give the foe a much harder time dodging this. If they’re on the ground, I’d suggest charging it if you have three or more targets, as that is pretty likely to home in quickly enough to hit your opponent. Obviously, you need to adapt to your situation. If you have no time to charge, then don’t. They’ll still home in and at least bide you some time. Then again, if you haven't the time to charge but it's necessary in order to make this move worth anything, use something else. Of course, charging this completely leaves you open for the one and a half seconds it takes Hagiri to do so.

Up B-Big *** Bullet-Hagiri uses his ki to turn himself into a bullet(not literally, he just coats himself in cyan-colored ki)! Note that this will only work if you have two or more targets on your foe. Anyways, Hagiri will shoot straight towards the foe when you initiate this technique, spinning at a high speed, though he will shoot upwards first, all the way to the ledge, if it’s in range. This takes him a little further than Wolf’s recovery, however, he will home in on his opponent, and if they’re anywhere near the edge, his recovery is screwed, because they’ll just strike him down. Hagiri’s not an idiot, though. He wouldn’t hurtle straight at his enemy unarmed. You see, he holds three of his throwing daggers: two in his hands, which are held by his sides, and one in his mouth. They all do the same knockback and damage, the same knockback as Marth’s Dancing Blade’s initial hit, and 6% damage. Of course, like nearly all of his moves, the speed increases with the number of targets, as does the knockback, which ends up at an Ike Ftilt. The damage, however, remains the same. The speed begins at around Ike’s run and ends at Meta Knight’s. This move will remove two targets from anyone it contacts.

How To Use This: Um… recovery? I mean, it may be an acceptable attack with four targets, but forget it with only two. At four, it’s fast and may just send them far enough to risk getting your face smashed. Less than that, though, only attempt it on characters with slow attack speed, like Ike or Ganondorf. Meta Knight would pwn this move, Marth with him. Pretty much, don’t try this on anything faster than Ike, and even he’s got some chance to hit you.

Down B-I Can’t Miss Them: Finally, the target-laying move! Obviously, you don’t need any targets to perform this, but lag decreases as targets increase. Essentially, The Sniper stabs his enemy with a throwing dagger that’s glowing red, with some ki on the end, nearly doubling it's length. The overall length is about one-half to 3/4 of a Battlefield Platform, so it's relatively long for a dagger. You control the direction of this, but only slightly. You see, if you tilt the C-Stick upwards, you’ll lay the target on the foe’s heart. Down will place it on the abdomen, forward the left arm, and back the right arm. The placement of the target doesn’t affect the damage of Hagiri’s moves, but only one can be on a certain spot at a time, so remember where you put the targets, or you’ll waste this move. The less-like-a-stab-more-like-a-poke does 2% damage and some okay hitstun. Moves that remove targets do so at random, so you’ll have to guess where they are. Or you can pause the game and look. Anyways, the opponent will flash red if you lay a target on an unoccupied space, so that’s how you’ll know if you guessed correctly. Now, Hagiri’s not a close-range fighter, so he’ll throw the dagger if you aren’t within striking distance. However, this is vastly inferior to the direct approach. For one, you can’t pick the spot that gets targeted, and two, it only works 75% of the time anyways. There’s not a very high chance of hitting them where you want to, and even if you do, there’s only a .75 chance it’ll work. The power gets boosted, though, to 7%, and it will home and speed up if there are already targets on the foe. All targets on all foes will disappear when Hagiri loses a stock, so be careful unless you want to have to use this constantly.

How To Use This: Use it solely to place targets, as it isn’t too great as an attack. However, if there are already a few targets on your foe, you could toss the dagger, as it will home and make them flinch, and maybe add a target. Also, your opponent will still flash red if the dagger is thrown, just to let you know if you were successful. Pay attention to what you’re doing, otherwise you may accidentally turn around, crouch, or jump. Or, you know, waltz straight into the foe you’re trying to mark.

Basic Attacks​

A-Gatlinger-1-200%-Unlike most other standard A techniques, Hagiri’s is really useful! When you execute this attack, Hagiri will glow blue, and you will see an old-timey Gatling Gun float towards him from the left side of the screen, going around/over any obstacles, or through if there is no way around them. It creeps its way along at the speed of Ike’s run, no matter how many targets you have on your foe, since it’s coming to you. Obviously, the time it takes to reach Hagiri varies on how far he is from the left side of the screen. When it does, it will place itself right in front of him, and you can then press A again to mount it. Now, this beast expels a round forty times a second for five seconds, then it will explode, dealing 25% and high knockback to whomever’s on it. The Gatlinger can rotate 360 degrees, but to turn it around you have to center it and then smash the Control-Stick in the opposite direction you are currently facing. The bullets will stop if they hit anything solid, but will go straight through Crates, Barrels(it will automatically destroy these), destructible terrain(will also destroy this with a few shots)/items, Fall-Through Platforms, and the like. However, since it’s old, it is not very accurate, and sometimes you can point at an opponent for a whole second with no contact. Plus, Hagiri will take 4% damage a second, meaning 20% for the whole five seconds(plus, if you stay on too long, the explosion will hurt and most likely kill you). This is lessened for heavier, stouter characters, and strengthened for the lighter ones. Which is something I forgot to say: anyone else can knock Hagiri off and jack the thing. Or, they could simply destroy it(the Gun has 25% Stamina), and set off the explosion, if they are not within reach of Marth’s sword, as that’s the distance the explosion covers in all directions. This thing eats through shields like a fat guy at a cake convention, too. Keep all this in mind, because the Gatling gun could become one of your most valuable assets.

Ftilt: Summon-Variable- Hagiri points his hand out upside down, with his index and middle finger extended, and then flicks them up to re-form a fist with his other fingers. Basically, this makes any item within one-half of Final Destination rush toward him(as in, if The Sniper was standing in the middle of FD, all items on the field would fly towards him) at the speed of Falcon’s run. The items all pile up at his feet, except for the first one that reaches him, which he catches in his hand. This works with any item, including otherwise character-exclusive ones, like Snake’s Grenades, Waddle Dee/Doos, and even Pikmin. All items act normally, or as if the controlling character had used them. Pikmin, however, will not return to Hagiri, and instead will die after their job is completed. Note: Bob-ombs and other explosives will explode at your feet or in your hand, especially if they were already active before you used this move. If the flying items contact anyone, even a teammate with Friendly Fire off, they will act as if they were Smash thrown; i.e. Pikmin will latch on, Bob-Ombs will explode, etc.

Utilt-Pain Divided-3%--18%-Kaname reaches into his pockets and pulls out six Shuriken, three in each hand. He then crosses his arms and lifts them over his head, finally jerking them back down to his sides. The entire process takes around a third of a second, but it’s worth it. You see, three of the Shuriken go out to the left, and the other three go to the right. Each of these deals 3% damage, meaning 9% on both sides. They spread out quickly, though, so it may be little difficult to aim at times. These only home with three or four targets, but they don’t remove any. After they’ve reached a height of Falco’s full first+second jumps, the shuriken will slow, stop, and fall back down to the stage or any platform. They will harm Hagiri when they fall, and since they spread out, it may be a little difficult to predict safe spots. Standing under pretty much any platform, fall-through or solid, will protect you from these falling stars. Be careful with this, not only for the aforementioned reasons, but also because if your enemy is right above you, you may miss entirely and leave yourself open, even if it is just for the split-second of lag this move harbors.

Dtilt-Crows Feet-Varies-Quite simply, Hagiri throws five Crow’s Feet onto the ground(for anyone going “Eeeew,” they’re iron spikes, usually used by your classic ninja to impede their foe’s movement). These inflict 4% damage upon contact with an opponent, and disappear after being stepped on three times. The Sniper throws these things in varying degrees of intensity, some will hang back near him, and some will end up quite a ways from him. Ten of these can be on the field at a time, and if there are, say, eight of them on the field when you use this, Hagiri will only throw two. These are especially useful for escape, as you can just run away, but your enemy will have to watch their step and time their jumps accordingly, giving you more than enough time to escape and even retaliate if you feel like it. Keep track of the number you have out; you never know when you'll need these only to realize you already have ten out.

Dash-You remember that knife Hagiri holds while he runs? Of course you do. Well, he slashes with it if you hold A, doing 5% and little knockback, and he’ll throw it if you tap A, with 6% and slightly better knockback. He immediately grabs another one, by the way. It will home with just one target, and it won’t remove any. This also has a 75% chance to lay a target. All of the rules about randomosity still apply; it may land on an occupied place and fail. Don’t fool yourself into spamming this, even though it has almost no lag, because there’s about a 20% chance that Hagiri will accidentally stab himself and deal 5% damage to…well, himself. Not like stabbing yourself will hurt your enemy...unless you're Hidan...ahem.

Rising Attack-Hagiri doesn’t have one; he just gets up a little bit faster if you hit A. You can, however, do any attack in his arsenal out of this, and any beginning lag that attack may have had is canceled. It’s versatile, but there’s no damage. Not that that really matters with this kind of effect.

Ledge<100%-Ground Pulse-6%-
Hagiri causes all of the little particles on the ground to move in a wave motion. This is not punishable, as the opponent can’t really hurt the ground, and they’d have to be pretty fast to get to you before you start to get up. They can, however, jump and smack Hagiri after he gets up, as there is a little tiny bit of ending lag. The wave of particles is the same color as the terrain that forms it.

Ledge>100%-Crow’s Feet 2-2% each-Hagiri hops up, throwing four Crow’s Feet around. These each deal 2%, for eight total damage, but only flinching occurs, no knockback. They disappear after two seconds, but if there are already ten Crow’s Feet out, Hagiri will just clamber up onto the ledge, with a lot of lag.

Aerials​

Nair-Sniper Swirl-Varies-Hagiri summons a bunch of small objects(pebbles/pieces of wood, etc.) to rapidly rotate around him. If you hit A again, one of the particles will fire. You can do this rapidly, but the particles disappear after one and a half seconds, or whenever you hit the ground. Hagiri slows down while doing this, and the shots will home with one target, however, they speed up with each additional target, up to Sonic’s run. The knockback is minimal, but is good for stacking damage, which is 3% per shot. The usual amount of shots for the time period is 6 or 7, maybe 10 if you’re exceptionally quick with your fingers. This means you could potentially get 18-21 or even 30% damage from one use of this technique!

Fair-Eraser Cannon-10%-No, it’s not Recoome’s attack. Hagiri moves his hand up, palm up, and you can see a small pencil-top eraser in it. He then flicks this forward at an incredible speed. It only homes when there are three or more targets on the opponent, but it's fine without it. This has great knockback, use it whenever you can if you have two targets; the removal of one isn’t so bad with this knockback. Also, it may be powerful, but since it moves so quickly, it may not succeed in homing, as it really won’t have time to alter its path that much. On large stages, it can turn around completely, but will move upwards slightly after it does so. This is one of Hagiri’s best K.O. moves, so mastery of it is essential to playing him. In case you missed it, this removes one target from your opponent.

Bair-Knife Wall-4—12%-The Sniper throws three small knives behind him, which each deal 4% damage and good knockback and turn him around. However, these knives are different; the knockback stacks! If all three hit, the knockback is ungodly for an Aerial. I mean, this rivals The Knee in sheer evilness. This, however, is one of Hagiri’s laggiest moves, with three fourths of a second of lag, plus the time it takes to throw the three, as he does so separately(not all at once; there’s a pause between each knife being thrown; etc.; etc.). The knockback also doesn’t happen if two hit. One has okay knockback, and three obscene, but two will just stun them for a moment. They will home if there are three or more targets on the foe. This is another good K.O. move, but it’s obviously situational. If only one or two are going to hit, you may wish to hold back on throwing these.

Uair-Marked Shuriken-8%-Hagiri spins around in midair, so that his right hand is above every other part of him, and hurls a glowing red throwing star directly upwards. If this hits, it’ll do a little knockback and moderate damage. However, the true value is shown when it hits; there will be a small red flash from the opponent…which means that a target has been placed on them! This one always works, and it will always place the target on an unoccupied space, meaning you don’t have to worry about that. The downside, of course, is that it is less convenient than the other two methods of marking, what with your target having to be almost directly above you horizontally.

Dair- Sniper’s Nest-0%-The Sniper starts to glow a faint greenish color, and rubble begins to slowly oscillate around him. Hagiri will fall a little faster than usual during this, with the rubble following him. The size of this cloud will increase over time, ending when it is a little wider and taller than Bowser. When Hagiri touches the ground, the circling debris will compact and solidify into a hollow tower that encompasses Hagiri completely. The height, however, will change depending on how long Hagiri remained in the air after executing this. The tower will range from heel-height, only blocking Shells and other such objects, to The Sniper’s shoulders, protecting him nearly completely. It does not, however, have a roof. While you could just crouch and let this thing absorb the 50% it will before breaking, you could use something you may have forgotten about by now: Hagiri’s Gatling Gun. Seriously, you’re protected on nearly all sides, and the tower will contain the gun, being about a Battlefield platform long/wide. The top of the gun, since it is raised, will go a little over the top of the tower, so you don’t lose too much mobility. A good idea would be to place this on the middle right platform of Hyrule Temple and rain fire down upon your foes. There can be an unlimited number of these on the field at a time, but for every extra, the Stamina will decrease by 10%, so there really is a limit of five before they’ll crumble with one hit.

Throws​

Grab Attack-Bombardment-Variable-Hagiri does the same movement as in Summon, but this time all items fly toward his victim. Each item will inflict 2% damage to the foe, and will disappear after it hits. Explosives, however, will explode, sending both you and your opponent flying with their usual knockback and damage. Obviously, this is one time only, unless another item spawns after you use this. It can be very powerful, but it’s not recommended if there is a bomb/explosive on the field. Unless you wanna commit Snipercide.

Throw-Spire-3%--∞--The Sniper punches his unfortunate opponent forward(or whatever direction you hit) a little bit, and then brings out a whip, made of a lot of throwing daggers threaded through with a thin wire. This will stay out for as long as you hold the A button(you have to press it before or right after the chain comes out), and will home in on the opponent if you’ve got more than one target on them. This throw is the same for all of the directions, only the direction you hit them changes. Also, the Up-throw has a good deal of vertical knockback, as does the down. The F/Bthrows have decent horizontal knockback. You can hold this and use it to keep a foe away from you; however, it will not deter projectiles. It has slightly more reach than Sheik’s Chain, but there’s no sweetspot at the end, or anywhere for that matter.

Smashes​

Fsmash-Hidden Gloves, Crouching Sharp Things-2%-20%-Hagiri lifts his right arm up as he charges this, and when you release the A Button, ten small knives(two for each finger) will rocket out of The Sniper’s gloves, and(if there are any targets on the foe) home in on the nearest enemy, inflicting 2% damage each and stacking knockback. The knockback takes effect when a knife hits and there is an absence of the aforementioned knives hitting for one second. With one knife, the knockback is equal to a Gatling Gun shot. With five, it equals that of a Meta Knight Fsmash. If all ten connect, the knockback is more than a fully charged Ike Fsmash. Obviously, this is a very good K.O. move if all of the knives connect, but it is very easy for an opponent to D.I. out of, and thus take only the currently accumulated knockback. This may seem broken, but it’s like, I don’t know, the best DI suited character in the hands of the best DI-er DI-ing out of a chainthrow attempted by the worst chainthrower in the game. To a nub. A CPU nub.

Usmash-Hagiri’s Thorns-15%-
While this is charging, Hagiri holds his right arm up towards the sky, and as he does so, small metal blades begin to float up to the space right above his hand. After that, a small rose is formed from the blades. This process takes around a third of a second to happen. After that, as long as you charge it, the rose will grow in height and width, until the whole thing is very close to the Sniper’s height and the bulb is a little wider than him. This is the flower’s maximum size, and the end of its charge. At this point, or whenever you release the charge beforehand, the rose will explode into a cloud of tiny metal blades, with colors corresponding to the part of the flower they formed. These will not home at all, but will whirl around Hagiri with an intense velocity. Whoever is hit by this cloud will be pulled into it for one and a third seconds and take 15% damage with a small amount of knockback. However, the move lasts longer than that, at three seconds total. Hagiri is completely surrounded by the petals/blades during the entire move, so don’t worry about getting hit that much. The move will continue to hold the foe for 1.33 seconds no matter what, even if there was only half a second left of the move. After that extension, however, the move will immediately cease.

Dsmash-Defying Gravity-Variable-Hagiri crouches and reaches into his pockets, then pulls out six bright green, glowing senbon, pretty much big, glorified sewing needles with points on both ends, which he holds at his sides while charging, then throws upwards lazily. They cover a little less than one Battlefield Platform altogether(horizontally, that is), but they don’t travel that quickly, and it’s pretty easy to dodge them(just don’t air dodge, they move really slowly). However, that is not where these things shine. You see, the senbon each do 3% on contact, which is unaffected by the charge, as is the speed. What charging these does is alter the distance they cover, from right above Hagiri’s head at no charge to about 3/4s of Final Destination at full. It doesn’t stop there, however. The senbon will hang in the air wherever they happen to stop, and stay there until Hagiri loses a stock. There can be two sets of these out at a time; when you use it a third time, the first set will flip over, fall towards the ground, and disappear after staying stuck there for a second. These go straight through fall-through platforms, so they can be a ***** on stages like Smashville or Battlefield, and Hyrule Temple’s fall-through platforms, where you can pretty much stop anyone(including Hagiri) from trekking or otherwise utilizing the fall-through platforms. Simply charge them enough so that the points, or the entire thing, it doesn’t really matter, stick out slightly above the platform. Since they damage whoever touches the points, along with inflicting a little vertical knockback, this will render that platform impossible to stand on.

Final Smash-Hazard Rain​

When you initiate this move, Hagiri will raise his hands to the sky, as if summoning something. Which, as it turns out, is exactly what he’s doing. About half a second after he does this, a huge amount of double-bladed(as in handle in the middle, blades on both sides) daggers will begin to rain down from the top of the screen at a speed of Marth’s run. The actual number varies depending on the stage, as the rain will cover the entire stage. On impact with a player excluding the summoner, they deal 2% damage and flinch, but no knockback. They also continue after hitting a player in the air. The knives will remain imbedded on the stage for one whole minute, and deal 5% damage and low knockback if a player steps on them. They will, however, disappear when stepped on. The daggers, however, will not pass through fall-through platforms, so standing under them is a good way to avoid the daggers. After they land, they will damage Hagiri if he walks or lands on them, just not when they are falling. This means that if knives fell on you, you may want to jump out quickly, because once the last knife lands, you’ll take damage from any that you happen to be standing on.

Play Style: Like Tag, But With More Sharp Things​

Lay a couple targets on the opponent whenever you can, then get out of close range. Most of Hagiri’s moves will home in on your enemy when they’ve got a couple targets on them, so use that to your advantage and stay the hell away from them. Hagiri’s close combat skills are pitiful, to say the least, nonexistent to say the most, so do him justice and don’t get pounded into mush just because you missed your chance to get away. Only use the Colt/Crossbow if your foe is trying to get back to the stage, as it has too much of a penalty to just throw it around all the time. Point is, stay a good distance away, rack up damage, then finish them off with an aerial or Fsmash. Alternatively, you could build a Sniper’s Nest and camp like crazy, but then everyone would hate you. But hey, if it wins you the match, go for it. Hagiri is the most ranged fighter in the game, and you want to keep it that way. His projectiles have no limit on their range, so you don't have to wonder if they'll hit; just line 'em up and Snipe. That said, you don't always want to be on the defensive; Hagiri is just as, if not more, skilled on the offensive. He has some rather aggressive moves in his arsenal; don't be afraid to lay the beatdown on anyone in your way, if you can them, as they tend to be rather situational. Remember: projectiles don't always ascertain a defensive playstyle. If you have the time and skill to be aggressive, then go for it, but if you're getting pressed on all sides, run away and recuperate. Or, buy yourself a little time or K.O your opponent and build a Sniper's Nest in a good defensive position. However, unless you've mastered Hagiri, don't get in too close, as any respectable Brawler will destroy you, and then cancel out your projectiles when you fire long-distance, it really isn't that hard to do.

tl;dr-Don't be afraid to be aggressive with your projectiles, but if you're screwed at the moment, run away. Common sense, really, but some people just refuse to be aggressive with a range-based character.

Taunts​

Up Taunt-I Can’t Miss-Hagiri point his finger, which is glowing with a faint aura, at the nearest foe who has any targets on them, and says: “Wherever you are, I can’t miss those targets.”

Down Taunt-No Weapon Bullet-Hagiri forms his hand into the classic finger gun, and shoots four little blue ki blasts out. Despite being how he actually marks people in the manga, this does nothing at all to any foe.

Side Taunt-Insomniac-Hagiri does the Up Taunt pose, but instead says: “With those, you won’t even be able to sleep in peace.”

Win Poses​

Win 1-Congratulations-Hagiri turns his head toward whoever came in second, and says: “Well done, you just have to watch yourself from now on.”

Win 2-Revving-Hagiri pulls up on his motorcycle and revs it, doing a stationary wheelie for two seconds, then ending the wheelie and repeating it.

Win 3-“Bullets”-Hagiri stands there with his arms crossed, with a bunch of knives, screwdrivers, and other sharp things whirling about him.

Loss Pose-Backstabber-Hagiri, awkwardly, stands in the winner’s position with a smirk on his face. After about a second of this, however, Hiei sneaks up behind him and stabs his sword right through Hagiri, which causes the Sniper to fall, and the real winner to step up.

Kirby Hat-Kirby gains Hagiri’s hair, which appears similar to a black Marth’s on Kirby, and gains use of Hagiri’s Colt. Kirby cannot use the Crossbow, and the gun only has one bullet, becoming a weak bludgeoning attack after the shot has been used. Kirby’s shots don’t home, but otherwise act just like Hagiri’s.

OTACON
Snake: Otacon, who is this kid?
Otacon: According to our sources, that's Hagiri Kaname, or The Sniper, from Yu-Y-
Snake: The Sniper, huh? Is he a hired assassin?
Otacon: No, he doesn't get paid, and he's sort of private. Why?
Snake: I don't need any more competition, that's why.
Otacon: Well, you're lucky he's not, cause his aim may be even better than yours.
Snake: Oh yeah? Well, I'd like to challenge him, but Customs took all my weapons.
Otacon: What? What about all those explo-
Snake: SHHH!!! They're listening, Otacon! They're always listening.
Otacon: What are you talking about, Snake?
--Loudspeaker head over transmitter-- We know you're in there! Come out with your hands up!
Otacon: What?! Snake, what did you do?!
Snake: !
---END TRANSMISSION---

Alternate Costumes
Well, you've already seen the two styles, at the top. Hagiri has eight costumes, his two and six more in which he wears the clothes of the other members of The Seven.

Shinobu/Dark Angel
Itsuki/Gatekeeper
Mitarai/Seaman He's the guy in the coat.
Kamiya/Doctor
Amanuma/Game Master
Makihara/Gourmet
Note: These are costume changes, NOT alternate skins; Hagiri's physical appearance does not change.

Also, Chris, I actually didn’t mean to type that…I guess I was just half-asleep or something.

MT, I usually go by the manga, but I see what you mean. Also, who's Wrath? The little kid?(I know his name, but it'd be a bit of a spoiler if anyone's reading this)

And just to let you know, it's not my fault if you just scrolled down at hyper speed and burned all those colors into your mind.

peeup

Smash Lord
HAGIRI: I personally love the idea of marking targets. I was planning on doing something like it, but I think you covered it better than I could have. I think his neutral B might be somewhat underpowered considering the fact that you have to spend all the time getting 3 targets on the enemy for it to be at all useful. I also don't quite understand when he uses the colt and when he uses the bow, though I might have just missed it. Overall, excellent moveset.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
peeup: There's a 70% chance for the Colt to appear, and 30% for the Crossbow. Also, considering how it will almost always hit(and I also meant to say that it has a HUGE amount of hitstun, and that the kockback is all horizontal) with four targets, you can easily spam most other moves out of it, for huge damage racking potential, since most moves travel forward with no targets. Also, it's easily combo able with the Fsmash, but yeah, I will increase the damage a little.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
OK, so onto Jumpluff- I like the little guy due to him having a playstyle that I like (similar to Jigglypuff, but more defensive), that being said, I would have liked to have seen him with a few more offensive moves, but that doesn't really matter, as all the links with the different moves makes Jumpluff a great, albeit slow, damage racker, and all the different hidden seeds could help you easily control the field, and the fact you have Nature Dew helps you take care of your plans and seeds, and if you have seeds on the ground, the opponent have to follow you in the air, where you have the advantage. This set is really well thought out K.Rool, excellent job.
Pssst... I thought up the moveset by scrolling down the list of second gen Pokemon and picking one out at random. I then made the moveset in two sittings. No real thought involved, except some brainstorming that evening and during the day. :p

Onto the moves now, I have to say that Seed Bomb, Leaf Guard and Scoop Up are definitely my favourites: Seed Bomb is a great offensive move, and gives Jumpluff a good reason to be so proud of his jumping prowess, Leaf Guard is a creative Up Smash, and if I read it right, it performs similarly to a perfect shield- they hit the shield, then you can hit back straight away (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and Scoop Up seems like a great KO move, and a great way to travel along the stage, and reminds me of a non damaging yet much more useful version of Ike's Side B.

The layout is great as always K.Rool, although I think Ekans wins in that category, and his taunts and poses are as in character as possible, so good job.

The one thing about this set is that some people may bring up the lack of detail, but in my opinion this isn't a problem- all the moves are given enough detail, and are creative and link well, so it's all good. And if you put Jumpluff buries a seed, it buries a seed- there's nothing more to be said to describe the process :laugh:.

This is my favourite Pokemon set of yours- it flows better than Ekans, but is easily more playable than Shellder- fantastic job.
And thank you very much, Jimny. The layout, I tried to make airy, and evoke drifting in a cloudy sky. I love how it turned out, to be honest; it's not as edgy as Ekans', but I find the little touches to really bring out the generic dude's character.

LACK OF DETAIL, THOUGH?!? I packed SO much detail into this one, everything I could think of, and it's certainly longer than my average set. I guess I'll leave it to Warlord to make the final call on that.

*sigh2.0* Oh well. I was reloading the page every now and then, but I guess I lost track of time while playing Shadow Dragon... Anyways, it's my fault.

K.Rool-Well, I realize you changed the organization a little. Also, I noticed that the Special descriptions are relatively short compared to most others, but they get the job done. I like the potential mindgames with the seeds, and the fact that you can hamper your opponents movements with a ton of moves, which a slow guy like Jumpluff needs. Well, a slow and not overpowered guy. Like if Ganondorf had those kinds of moves, he'd rival Metaknight in cheapness. But Jumpluff pulls it off well. I do like the Forward Smash, with it giving Jumpluff some ground mobility, but it seems a little easy to predict, and polished Brawlers with a relatively fast moveset could easily punish it. Still, who says it has to be used for offense? You could just use it to run away. I don't really like the fact that he has to be so high up in the air to pull off most of his good moves, like Seed Bomb. It seems as if Meta Knight, Pit, Kirby, or really anybody with high jumps or a Bunny Hood could decimate Jumpluff just by reaching him and knocking him out of the air. Plus, you'd really have to knock most people into the Seeds that you plant, as, unless they're really absent-minded or a circus monkey, they'll just jump over them otherwise. The throw is unique, and I'm quite fond of it, but I really don't see how you'd be able to trap most people with that, except for the characters that are already so slow they couldn't reach you in time in the first place.

Anyways, despite all those negatives, Jumpluff is still a pretty good defensive combatant, if you can gain the air you need and properly maintain it. Seed Bomb is a beast if used properly, and you can still hinder your foe's movement while you're in the air, so they most likely won't be too much of a threat to you.

Overall, my review would have to be that Jumpluff would be great in the hands of a true master, like the Mew2King of 'Pluff, but it would take a long time to get there, and you have a lot of weaknesses to cover.

Still, I like the fact that you took an under appreciated Pokemon and made a pretty good contender out of him.
Also, Meta Knight seems like the perfect counter to Jumpluff: He can reach him in the air, is quick enough to get a hit in while up there and somewhat counter the Spores, and has longer reach on the ground, and maybe in the air, horizontally.

BTW, Warlord, Bradley is WRATH, not Pride. Just pointing that out.
Yeah, sorry again, cat. At least you got this page, right?

The Special descriptions are relatively short compared to the average moveset, but not MY average moveset. :p

And Meta Knight being a counter to Jumpluff doesn't worry me; Meta Knight's a counter to everyone. :laugh:

Thanks for commenting!

Jumpluff is really cool... I thought it was just going to be a Jigglypuff clone (or something like that) when you were talking about its light weight being counterbalanced by its aerial mobility, but Jumpluff has much cooler moves. I really like his dtilt... its a good way to punish somebody for not fighting Jumpluff in the air, which puts more emphasis on aerial fights and less on ground fights.

PS (this has nothing to do with my comment) I just checked the MyM wiki, and I noticed that I'm 'deceased' as of late january... I just want the mods of that site to know that I'm back.
Thanks, peeup!

Sakurai: 10supervotes

Jumpluff: Wow, that was very good, KingK.Rool! You're great at making unique, interesting sets for underappreciated Pokemon. I love the concept of a character who sort of floats around the stage. I can't say much else but great originality, organization and easy readability from conciseness like in all of your sets. My only concern is that he/she/it/potato could be slightly underpowered, but I don't have a great sense for balance, as shown by Medli's Dash Attack. Very well done.

Also, I've finally decided on my next moveset.
The DK set will be held off until Make Your Move 6.0, most likely.
Why thank you, Wiz! I've decided I don't particularly care about balance. After all, pros could always just hack the character and fix it up in Brawl+ or whatever it's called by then.

And I love Tingle too. :cool:

Jumpluff is pretty sweet; his aerial focus really brings a new playstyle to Smash. Speaking of playstyle, the playstyle was really well thought out. Great job!
Thanks, Kupa! I love playstyle!

Jumpluff is a disgustingly well thought out, and in character, moveset. I'm glad you kept things as simple as you did;
(Jump up + attack with fluff = Jumpluff)
I also like the organisation you used (especially the cute little squiggles that look like jumps) although it wasn't as striking or immediate as the presentation for Ekans;

Does Updraft simply not work on the ground, or does the wind still appear at the bottom blastline, dispersing once it touches the stage?
Also, will Updraft work when standing on one-way platforms like the main platforms on Delfino Plaza and Halberd (i.e. you can jump up through the platform, but cannot fall through it)? Considering the platform on Delfino Plaza is simply a wire mesh, there's no logical reason to say wind can't pass up through it.
Still love your in-depth commentaries, Junahu. :bee:

Updraft basically doesn't work if there's any sort of solid platform beneath you, anything that isn't drop-through, so no, for the sake of playability, I wouldn't let it work on Delfino Plaza or anywhere else.

Glad you liked it!

Eeeeeeeeeeeee....I love Jumpluff! <3 [/girliness]

One of my favorite sets from you Rool, captured the Pokemon perfectly without just copying moves from the game. A-work there my droogy.
Real horrorshow, eh, droogy? :cool:

Ack, missed a whole bunch of movesets again! I've got some good reading to look forward to. And once again, just when I come back and check, a Pokemon moveset is the first one that pops up.

@Jumpluff: First of all, I LOVE Jumpluff (the Pokemon). It's one of the more underloved Grass-types.
Although you seem to have ignored its respectable Speed stat <.<

That said, I liked your take on it, K. Rool! Plenty of fun-sounding moves abound, and the lightness + all the fluffiness totally captures the essence of the underdog that is Jumpluff. I see you took some other creative liberties and added some original moves as well, which is cool. Jumpluff planting seeds while on the ground seems a little out of place for me; I always imagined it as more of an aerial seed disperser, but that's whatever. I'm not a huge fan of those seed moves; they seem awkward, slow and situational to me since Jumpluff's supposed to be big in the air (I also thought Jumpluff would have at least a few more midair jumps). Sky Blossom is a neat little idea, but doesn't seem like it helps all that much at getting a better "vantage point". Maybe it's just me, though.

Otherwise, everything else is fine and dandy-lion. Oh, I wish I could be a Jumpluff and just float away on the winds...great set, K. Rool! :bee:
I bet some people are sick of my Pokesets by now, but you know, I have the most fun making them, so I'mma continue to make them indefinitely, I think. Why not?

Respectable speed stat, you say? Well, he has relatively quick attacks. Thematically, I couldn't see a ball of fluff, essentially, moving quickly.

As to the seeds, well... I thought they were a cool enough idea to showcase Jumpluff's reliance on Sunny Day and the untapped potential of plant movesets, even if they would fit better on, say, Sunflora.

Sky Blossom is useful! Go up there, you're higher up for Synthesis, and the peak of your jump is that much higher also! Well... that's what I thought, anyway...

All in all, thank you much, filip. When are you going to get around to making a moveset yourself, anyway?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
K.ROOL YOU SAID THAT YOU AREN'T DOING ANY MORE POKEMON WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

It's a good moveset though.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I bet some people are sick of my Pokesets by now, but you know, I have the most fun making them, so I'mma continue to make them indefinitely, I think. Why not?

Respectable speed stat, you say? Well, he has relatively quick attacks. Thematically, I couldn't see a ball of fluff, essentially, moving quickly.

As to the seeds, well... I thought they were a cool enough idea to showcase Jumpluff's reliance on Sunny Day and the untapped potential of plant movesets, even if they would fit better on, say, Sunflora.

Sky Blossom is useful! Go up there, you're higher up for Synthesis, and the peak of your jump is that much higher also! Well... that's what I thought, anyway...

All in all, thank you much, filip. When are you going to get around to making a moveset yourself, anyway?
No, not at all! Your Pokesets are awesome. You're gonna start a movement here. It's like your "thing" now.
And they're very inspiring

Yeah, I guess "Speed" is an ambiguous stat, so that works for me. As for the seeds, I was actually picturing Jumpluff being able to drop them from midair, but I suppose it can't stay in the air forever. You're right though, Grass Pokemon totally have a lot of potential!

Now that school's done, I don't really have an excuse not to work on movesets a little every day after work...so I guess I will, huh? I hope to make at least one cool Poke-moveset. :)

Now approaching the moveset at the top of the page...is there supposed to be a pic there, phatcat? I don't see one....

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sniper is definitely a good set. It could probably be much better, but the targeting mechanics are very well implemented for the most part and the set is more balanced than one would expect of someone of Sniper's talents. Organization and detail were amazing. Some of the moves, like the one that draws items towards Sniper for example, are quite creative.

I only have a couple real issues with the set from what I've read:
1) The Down Special could have been much better done... Sniper relies on targets and yet to put them up reliably, he must defy his playstyle of choice and stab them with a dagger that leaves him completely vulnerable as it doesn't even cause the foe to flinch or suffer hitstun, much less deal knockback. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the show, Yusuke was marked just by being in Sniper's territory. Obviously, that would be broken, but couldn't an actual aiming reticule such as the one in Snake's Final Smash be a more adequate and creative way for him to target. He is the Sniper afterall.
2) A lot of things are more complex and luck based than they have to be. There are so many unneeded and conditional subtleties. The Side Special's effectiveness is also very much reliant on luck, being as inneffective as 14% or as effective as 30%, assuming all hits connect on both outcomes. All of this is completely random. Another example is the Colt/Crossbow, which is also based on luck, but it would be much more to your advantage to have the ability to choose depending on what you are going for. Obviously, you cannot rely on that.

Despite these complaints, it definitely does Sniper justice and stands out as a great work by a relatively unknown (newcomer?) setmaker. Great job.

By the way, the pictures don't work for me, so here is a better one.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Chris: As far as I know, in the manga, Hagiri pretty much drove up to Yusuke and pointed his finger at him to mark him, which is one of his taunts. Also, you can throw the dagger, there's just less of a chance of it working, but you can spam that, plus it'll home if there are any more. And the Up Aerial always marks, they just have to be above you. Also, I'll edit it so that the dagger you drop when you jump will also mark them, to give another way, one that's more implementable in battle. I'll also range out the dagger, by adding some ki on the end. I also added target-laying properties, the same as the throw(which has been upgraded to a 75% success rate) and jump daggers to the dash attack.

On the Side Special, I see what you mean, but you'll usually get around 20-23%, if all connect, and since they'll home with a few targets, they most likely will if the opponent doesn't knock them down. So it's not completely worthless.

Also, I'll make it so that you can choose which weapon you get, though you'll have to time it a tiny bit.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Comments on Raven

I seem to recall you announcing this moveset a while back...and previewing that Neutral Special, maybe? Yeah, I think so. Anyway, Raven looks really cool here. Despite my unfamiliarity with the character, I really like this moveset. In particular, I really like moves like the U- and D-Smash. Really fun stuff. I have a hard time imagining Raven being able to spit out some of these accompanying phrases in the short time you give him, lol, but that's no deal-breaker or anything. I have to take issue with that Down Special, though. I just don't like the idea of random healing. It's not a huge amount, so maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like that, but...eh. Otherwise, a really cool moveset.

Comments on Jumpluff

I don't often mention it, because Grass types aren't my preference, but Jumpluff is far-and-away my favorite Grass-typed Pokemon, despite it's quadruple weakness to Ice attacks and other debilitating factors. I mean... It's a little ball with cotton arms. That's just cool. Anyway, concerning the actual moveset, it was really quite brilliant. Jumpluff's learnpool balanced with some creative original moves, I really like the style of this little guy. Everything from Sky Blossom to Synthesis felt right at home in this moveset, regardless of source, and all fit Jumpluff perfectly. This is a character I can say without a doubt that I would use frequently in Smash. I don't need to tell you, of course, that the organization is also stellar. Nice use of those right-aligns. I learned on my own that those are tough to use right (no pun intended). But, um, the Down Smash was too long do people really think I'm opposed to detail? I'm only opposed to excess detail in my own movesets. Y'all are free to do whatever the heck you want with your details. ;)

Comments on Hagiri Kaname

First thing to catch my eye is that the attacks are mildly difficult to distinguish, in the case of things like a "how to use" section being added on. It's a minor thing, really, but I'd suggest a bit more of a size change for attack titles/names. I'm also a bit thrown by the Smashes being the last thing listed. :/ Anywho... Concerning the material of the actual moveset, it sounds like a lot of this stuff is more appreciable if you're more familiar with the guy, but I like how you made him fitting to his role as a "sniper" and gave him serious range at the cost of a good number of other things. I wish I could offer you better commentary, but I'm getting a little tired at the moment... Oh, I should mention, on another organizational note, that those highlighted portions of moves are a very nice touch. Personally, I'm beginning to hope that catches on. I know I'm going to start doing it.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if anyone remembers me (posted the blipper moveset), but I'm gonna make another moveset, hopefully much more improved than my first one. I was in the process of making a moveset for Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, but the whole set became way too complicated and overwhelming, so I decided to start fresh.

My next moveset will be......Slugma! No one can ever have enough pokemon movesets, right? :3

Slugma is currently in the early stages of development, but I don't want to rush anything. Good ideas come to me when I'm not under a time limit, same as most anyone. It could take up to a month, who knows?

Just a quick update on my moveset making, I suppose. (Although I was paranoid KRool was going to make a Slugma moveset before I posted anything, no clue why. :S)

Oh, and Sakurai was a hilarious moveset. The attacks made you go WTF, but it fits the character well. Jumpluff's playstyle and overall feel is brilliant, and even though the set isn't jam-packed with details, it isn't necessary in the first place. Also I haven't read Hagiri, which reminds me I need to continue reading YYH, because I stopped after the Dark Tournament....

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Well, Kholdstare, I don't like to use it in the games much, but I think it's a pretty cool novelty Pokemon. Some people also say it has value in competitive battling, but I don't really know anything about that.

Frf: While I have absolutely no idea who you are, since I just returned from a four month break, I'm glad to see you're making a moveset. Slugma, huh? Well, I don't really know what to expect from that, he has too many possible moves and mechanics to name. Anyways, good luck.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

L I G H T _ Y A G A M I

STATS

Hungriness - 666/10
Kira-ness - 10/10
Power - I dunno lol ¯\(°_o)/¯

SPECIAL ATTACKS​

Neutral Special - Potato Chip

Light takes a potato chip... and EATS IT!

10%

Side Special - Potato Chip

9%

Down Special - Potato Chip

19%

Up Special - Potato Chip

0%

STANDARD ATTACKS​

Neutral Standard - Potato Chip

1%

Side Tilt - Potato Chip

8%

Down Tilt - Potato Chip

10%

Up Tilt - Potato Chip

10%

Dash Attack - Potato Chip

13%

SMASH ATTACKS​

Side Smash - Potato Chip

3-6%

Down Smash - Potato Chip

7-14%

Up Smash - Potato Chip

6-12%

AERIAL ATTACKS​

Neutral Aerial - Potato Chip

6%

Forward Aerial - Potato Chip

15%

Backward Aerial - Potato Chip

8%

Down Aerial - Potato Chip

11%

Up Aerial - Potato Chip

15%

THROWS​

Grab - Grab

Light grabs the opponent.

Pummel - Potato Chip

2-6%

Forward Throw - Potato Chip

1%

Backward Throw - Potato Chip

8%

Up Throw - Potato Chip

7%

Down Throw - Potato Chip

4%

FINAL SMASH​

Final Smash - Death Note

Light writes the closest opponent's name down in the Death Note. A semi truck will run over them, killing them. It will also drop bags of chips. Light can eat these chips for double damage on all attacks.

PLAYSTYLE

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
LACK OF DETAIL, THOUGH?!? I packed SO much detail into this one, everything I could think of, and it's certainly longer than my average set. I guess I'll leave it to Warlord to make the final call on that.
I could have phrased that better, I'm fine with that amount of detail, as that is what I use, I like them short and sweet. I was just bringing up the possibility of people, who make more detailed longer sets, such as dancingfrogman and Warlord as examples, saying it could use more detail :laugh:.

I am also going to announce the two sets I am making, which some of you already know=
Dr. N.Brio
Cipher Head Evice.

I have tons of ideas for N.Brio, so he should be a fun moveset for me to make for a change, and with Evice, I want a Pokemon Trainer like set that features the trainer in a playable role- and due to the fact his game had double battles I'm thinking multiple Pokemon out at once.
You know you want a Slowking and Scizor tag team :p.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I'm lurvin' me some Jumpluff. That moveset made me want to go out and catch one just for all the cuteness it possesses. Seriously, the fact that you made it so quickly was really quite astounding, K.Rool. Probably your favorite Pokemon set of yours so far, due to the fact that it's creative without being overly complicated and hard to use.

Sakurai was hilarious, as others have said...I don't really think I can say anything without echoing what everybody else has already told you. Excellent job.

I loved Raven. I liked how true to character it was, and the moveset as a whole was very well put together. Nice work!

*Can't keep up with all the great sets coming in*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone remembers me (posted the blipper moveset), but I'm gonna make another moveset, hopefully much more improved than my first one. I was in the process of making a moveset for Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, but the whole set became way too complicated and overwhelming, so I decided to start fresh.

My next moveset will be......Slugma! No one can ever have enough pokemon movesets, right? :3

Slugma is currently in the early stages of development, but I don't want to rush anything. Good ideas come to me when I'm not under a time limit, same as most anyone. It could take up to a month, who knows?

Just a quick update on my moveset making, I suppose. (Although I was paranoid KRool was going to make a Slugma moveset before I posted anything, no clue why. :S)

Oh, and Sakurai was a hilarious moveset. The attacks made you go WTF, but it fits the character well. Jumpluff's playstyle and overall feel is brilliant, and even though the set isn't jam-packed with details, it isn't necessary in the first place. Also I haven't read Hagiri, which reminds me I need to continue reading YYH, because I stopped after the Dark Tournament....
FRF! Of COURSE I remember you, Blipper was great! Wow, I wondered where you disappeared to all those weeks ago...

Anyway, Slugma should be awesome and I look forward to it immensely. And thanks for the compliment on Jumpluff. :cool:

Comments on Jumpluff

I don't often mention it, because Grass types aren't my preference, but Jumpluff is far-and-away my favorite Grass-typed Pokemon, despite it's quadruple weakness to Ice attacks and other debilitating factors. I mean... It's a little ball with cotton arms. That's just cool. Anyway, concerning the actual moveset, it was really quite brilliant. Jumpluff's learnpool balanced with some creative original moves, I really like the style of this little guy. Everything from Sky Blossom to Synthesis felt right at home in this moveset, regardless of source, and all fit Jumpluff perfectly. This is a character I can say without a doubt that I would use frequently in Smash. I don't need to tell you, of course, that the organization is also stellar. Nice use of those right-aligns. I learned on my own that those are tough to use right (no pun intended). But, um, the Down Smash was too long do people really think I'm opposed to detail? I'm only opposed to excess detail in my own movesets. Y'all are free to do whatever the heck you want with your details. ;)
Glad you're so resoundingly positive on it, Kibble!

And nah, I don't think you're particularly opposed to detail, but since you just recently spoke of trudging through Al and usually go pretty detail-light, I figured you were the best example. All the rest of you, of course, can use me, since I'm the under-detail guy nowadays.

Am I, like, the only person who dislikes Jumpluff AS A POKEMON?
Dude, Jumpluff is AWESOME. I think it's because it's such an underrated, forgotten Pokemon with a pretty cool type combination.

I could have phrased that better, I'm fine with that amount of detail, as that is what I use, I like them short and sweet. I was just bringing up the possibility of people, who make more detailed longer sets, such as dancingfrogman and Warlord as examples, saying it could use more detail :laugh:.
Ah, well, I can't argue with that. :laugh:

I'm lurvin' me some Jumpluff. That moveset made me want to go out and catch one just for all the cuteness it possesses. Seriously, the fact that you made it so quickly was really quite astounding, K.Rool. Probably your favorite Pokemon set of yours so far, due to the fact that it's creative without being overly complicated and hard to use.
:bee:

Thanks, Tanookie!

And yeah, when I have inspiration, I finish a set incredibly quickly, in only a few sittings. :cool:

Now, something completely different:

Since we're in the Smash Workshop, I'm sure you've all noticed that the fine fellows behind Brawl+ have successfully added Roy, or as close as is possible for now. For those who don't know, they've changed Marth's model to have red hair and Roy-style clothes, made his sword have red effects and fire on some attacks, and changed up his stats. Obviously, this is ridiculously awesome and only hints at things to come.

This new and improved Roy continues to have the most power on the middle of his sword. However, to make him more competitive, the guys in charge have made the tip of his sword a hitbox that pulls the foe IN, toward Roy - which, naturally, brings them into the sweetspot. Now, my question for you all is this: how did no one in MYM ever think of this incredibly simple yet awesome spacing mini-mechanic?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We already had several characters with single moves of what you describe. Rail had such a move, for example, and Golbez had one, as well.

Though I know you mean that every move should pull them in. My answer to that: Hardly anyone creates swords users these days because of the fact those tend to be extremely uninspired movesets. Cause, y'know, they slash and... that's it.

peeup

Smash Lord
Just wondering, is it possible for any 1337 h4x0r to hack one of these movesets into the game? If so, that should be the prize for the winner of the contest.

Also, I will soon begin work on a moveset for either Puck the Faerie Dragon or Aiushtha the Enchantress (I haven't decided yet). If anybody plays DotA and knows these characters, feel free to give me advice or tell me which one I should do first.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Just wondering, is it possible for any 1337 h4x0r to hack one of these movesets into the game? If so, that should be the prize for the winner of the contest.
You would have to create a model for Brawl, first, of course do all of the animations, and then implement them on a disc itself, so it's pretty much impossible without sliding into really illegal stuff (the current hacks are more of a grey zone).

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
We already had several characters with single moves of what you describe. Rail had such a move, for example, and Golbez had one, as well.

Though I know you mean that every move should pull them in. My answer to that: Hardly anyone creates swords users these days because of the fact those tend to be extremely uninspired movesets. Cause, y'know, they slash and... that's it.
Hmm, yes, good point. Sword users ARE growing rather rare. Maybe a good idea to tuck away for myself, though...

Also, congrats on becoming an Elitist, Spade! :bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

What's Unique?

You control the Blue Toon Gemini Elf. These work like the Ice Climbers, just that they actually have some move interactions with them. They also get desynched just like the Ice Climbers, and since they have more move interactions than a mere one (I’m looking at you here Ice Climbers).

Stats:

Size: 6/10 About the same size of Zamus
Weight: 4/10 They are also light as well
Strength: 6/10 Moves have either low damage and knockback, or heavy damage and knockback, a good algro.
Walk: 5/10 Toon Gemini Elves have a great walking speed
Run: 7.5/10 Slightly slower than Zamus's run
First Jump: 7/10 Very good for a jump and for someone their size.
Second Jump: 6/10 slightly worse than the first jump.
Fall Speed: 6/10 Just above average fall speed.
Aerial Mobility: 6.5/10 Just above average as well.
Range: 7/10 They have moves which throw each other around, but their close up moves lack the greatest of range.
Projectile Range: 7/10 This is good, as it can rwach the whole end of Final Destination.
Crouch: 7/10 This is a good crouch, but not good enough to dodge projectiles.
Traction: 6/10 Average for there size.

Standard Attacks

Neutral A: Defence Mode

(Together) The Gemini Elves crouch down and hug each other for dear life while they closed their eyes. Together, they can take a maximum of 35%.
(Alone) The Toon Elf sits down on the ground with her knees up, and has her hands covering her face. When solo, the Elves can take up a maximum of 22% while in their shield. Just like all the monsters, the shield can’t be shield poked, but has the lack of OoS options. They can hold their shield forever if they like, but if the opponent deals that much damage in one go, they become stunned for 2 seconds, and unable to shield again for 30 seconds. The rolls and dodges are the same speed as Zamus’s. You can tech with this as well.

Dash Attack: Flying Toon

(Together) The Purple Gemini Elf will walk jump forward a bit, and bends it body down while standing up. Then, the blue Gemini Elf will roll over the purple elf’s back, which the Purple Gemini Elf then uses its arms to fling the Blue Elf forward. This might sound long, but it has low start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag (and landing lag for the Blue Toon). This sends the blue elf 4 stage builder blocks forward. If you do this over the edge, the Blue Toon Elf will continue moving to her pit, but you can cancel this by doing Neutral air to put up your shield. You can also tech this if you hit the ground. This does 12% and mid horizontal knockback with decent priority. This is a good move if you want to become de-synched.
[12%]

Forward Tilt: Legs in Unison!

(Together) The Gemini Elfs hold each others hands, and stand up back to back. The Gemini Elfs then lift their legs upwards into the air. If you hold this down, they turn around 90 degrees clockwise with every kick. This has a bit of start-up lag, but there is very little ending lag when you’re together, plus the turn between each kick is quite short as well.

(Alone) The Gemini Elf does the same upwards kick upwards… yes, that’s it, and in the same direction as well! This surprisingly has the same amount of start-up lag, and a tiny bit more ending lag. (For both) Each kick does 9% and low upwards knockback. This also has below average priority. This is useful for stringing in damage by doing the same move over and over similar to Marios up-tilt.
[9%]

Upward Tilt Love Heart.

(Together) The Gemini Elfs look upwards and sticks their right arm up into the air, and at the tip of the hands, a heart appears in between their palms. This has little start-up and ending lag. The heart is slightly bigger than Peaches up-tilt heart. This does 14% and mid-high vertical knockback upwards with great priority (with more hit-stun than normal). The elves have to be right next to each other for this to work.
[14%]

(Alone) A Gemini Elf will up its right arm straight upwards, and instead of a full heart, it’s just half of it. This has low start-up and ending lag, but has much less range than the (together) version, as the heart piece is the size of a Bom-omb. This version does 7% and low upwards knockback with low priority. This can be used to rake up some good damage, and at above standard killing percentage, you can use the (together) version.
[7%]

Downward Tilt: Slide through the legs.

(Together) Depending on which Elf is in front of another, the front Elf spreads its legs far apart, and the behind Gemini Elf is below the legs, and then the standing tall elf will which down and grab the other Elf’s arms, and flings them forward, making the grounded Elf do a Slide attack which has great range. This has low start-up lag, and the standing Elf has low ending lag, while the sliding one has quite a lot of ending lag. The Sliding Elf slides 4 stage builder blocks forward at a very quick speed. This does 14% and mid knockback which sends the opponent diagonally downwards, and has a high chance of Tripping the opponent. This also has great priority, and with the knockback direction of the opponent, you can try and follow it up with an (alone) Forward Smash or a grab.
[14%]

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Sweet Kiss

(Together) The Gemini Elf bends its back down, and then kisses there hand and blows it at the same time. The Kiss is continually flashing Blue/Orange/Red very quickly, and moves in a jagged movement like Mewtwos Shadow Ball in Melee. When you charge this up, this just increases the range of this move. The kiss moves at the same speed as Luigis fireball. This does 10% which stuns the opponent for 3 seconds. This goes a 1/3 of final Destination (The whole distance of Final Destination fully charged), with a bit of start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag. This has amazing priority, only beaten by disjointed moves.
[10%]

(Alone) The Gemini Elves do the same thing as the (together) version, just that if the Blue Toon does it, the kiss is blue, and if the purple one does it, guess? Well it’s obviously purple, lolsillypeoplethinkingit’ssomethingdifferent. When solo, the kiss goes 1/4 of Final Destination (2/3s fully charged), and that this has low start-up, but a bit more ending lag as well with below average priority. This does 7% and a second stun. This also travels slower than Luigis fireball as well in a straight line. You’ll be wanting to do this in the (Together) form, as it’s a buffed version of the (alone) one, and both can be used as a great set-up like ZSS down smash.
[7%]

Upward Smash: Upside-down Spinners

(Together) The Purple Gemini crouches down, and has her arms underneath the Blue Toons legs, and throws her upwards into the air. As soon as the Purple Gemini Elf throws the blue one, she turns upside down, and spins her legs around very quickly while going upwards, and at the peak height, she ends this move. The Blue Elf will be thrown into the air 2 stage builder blocks upwards at a slight tilt. This has good priority, and has mid start-up lag, and a tiny bit of ending lag. At the peak of this move, just after the tiny ending lag, you can still mid-air jump while falling down to the ground, to set-up combos at early percentages. This does 8 multiple hits (with a slash visual/sound effect), with each hit sending the opponent to the other side of the Gemini Elf, making it really hard to DI out of. This can do a maximum of 25% (33% fully charged) with the final hit doing high-low (High-high knockback fully charged) diagonally upwards knockback. The strongest move in terms of both damage and knockback, and is pretty reliable as well.
[A Maximum of 25 - 33%]

Aerial Attacks

Forward Air: I’ll Save You!

(Together) The Purple Gemini Elf grabs hold of the back of the Blue Toons back, and flips over the Blue Elf’s back before throwing her far forward while leaving the Purple one down herself. This makes the Gemini Elves stop in mid-air while doing this (defying gravy FTW?). The throw makes the blue elf go into a low arc downwards, and can’t be cancelled, so you have to have aim well, and that the purple Gemini elf will enter free-fall after this. The Blue Gemini Elf travels very fast, and if you do this after 2 jumps on the edge of Final Destination, the Blue Gemini Elf would move slightly more than 3/4s of Final Destination. This has great priority, and does 14% and mid horizontal knockback. This also has quite a bit of start-up lag and ending lag, and has quite a bit of landing lag for the Blue Gemini Elf. Only use this as the last second recovery to rake in some quick damage before you die, as you’ll lose a lot of moves, and you won’t be lasting that much longer anyway if you resort to this.
[14%]

Backward Air: Together, we make a tornado!

(Together) The Gemini Elfs turn towards each other, and have their bodies laid down straight, and they hold each others hands while spinning around on a slight tilt like Pikachus Back air. When this happens, a tornado appears in the middle of them, being slightly dirty and swirling around anti-clockwise 1.5 stage builder blocks below and above the Gemini Elves (and is a stage builder block thick as well). The Tornado sucks the opponents into the Gemini Elves. At the end of the move, the Tornado goes sucks in a bit more, and then shoots out the opponents upwards. This has a bit of start-up lag, with tons of Ending and landing lag. This has average priority, and at least the range of this is great as well. This does 6 multiple hits, doing a maximum of 12%, and the final hit (the tornado) does an added 7% and high-low upward knockback. This is also a reliable KO move, due to being able to suck opponents in, make this pretty much impossible to DI out off. Of course, the downfall of this move is the average priority and the amount of lag at the end of it.
[A Maximum of 19%]

Sure, a Tornado doesn’t make sense, but they’re ****ing Cartoon monsters, and you know that they can do the impossible.

Upward Air: Do us proud, Toon!

(Together) The Purple Gemini Elf flips the Blue Toon upwards, and in mid-air, the Purple Gemini Elf kicks the blue one upwards. They stop in mid-air just like the forward air. This has low start-up, but has quite a lot of ending lag for the Purple Gemini Elf, and the Blue Elf has quite a bit of landing lag. The Blue Gemini Elf goes up the range and Samus’s up-b, and has the same movement as it, but moves about twice the speed as it. This also leaves the Purple Gemini Elf in free-fall. This does 14% and mid-high diagonally upwards knockback with decent priority. This should be used at a last resort recovery, for the same reasons as the forward air.
[14%]

Downward Air: We’re stomp happy!

The Gemini Elves tilt their body slightly diagonally with their right leg pointing downwards. This is a stall and fall move, but it does have some good move ability in the air. This has the same amount of lag as Sonic down air, and the same amount of range as well. If you hit the opponent, they will jump off their heads, and do a back flip 2 stage builder blocks upwards. This makes the opponent do the grounded footstool animation, even if they are in the air, and this does 6% with every hit. This also has below average priority. If both Gemini Elves do this at the same time, it does 12% and an aerial version footstool, even if they are on the ground, and they are forced to stand up. This is a good gimp, and can be very annoying for the opponent if you keep on jumping on them (IE: perfect timing when there is 2 of you Toons, and you keep on jumping on them when they get back up.) and be used to recover a bit if the opponent is stupidly below you off the stage for some reason.
[6% with each Elf]

Grabs and throws.

If one Gemini Elf grabs the opponent, the other Gemini Elf will move to the opposite side of the opponent, and do the same move as the other Gemini Elf. This means that it is unable to do any Ice Climber style chain-grabs. The range of this is practically the same as Peaches, and the start-up and ending lag is low as well.

Pummel: Toe poke

The Gemini Elves just kick the opponent in the shins with their toes… what? Did you really expect anything else from the name? This has low lag, and considerably fast. Each kick does 1%. This can be used to rake up some good damage before throwing the opponent.
[1%]

Forward Throw: Get ready for a threesome!

(Together) The Gemini Elves lean and kiss the opponent on the cheek, and they’ll be shocked and then slide down onto the floor sitting down with spirals replacing their eyes. Yes, this works for EVERY CHARACTER IN THE SAME WAY, who cares? Peach can be bisexual too! This does 10%, and just like Snakes down-throw, it forces them to roll or get up etc. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. Wow, such a powerful tech chase game. However, a much lulz throw is when the Gemini Elves are apart.
[10%]

(Alone) When one Toon Elf does this, they try to kiss the opponent, but they resist, and then they slap the Elf for being such a slag. This does 4% to the Elf. This has much more ending lag for the Elf then the opponent, as they look stunned as why they were rejected. Obviously, don’t do this when one Elf isn’t a part of the grab.
[4% to Elf]

Backward Throw: Pub Brawl!

(Together) The Elf that’s behind the opponent kicks the opponents in the “Sweet-spot of a human”, and this causes the opponent to fall onto the ground, and then the Elves carry on kicking the opponent while they’re defenceless. After 2 seconds, they walk away to the left 2 stage builder blocks together, and then they are free to move. This does 11% and a similar effect to the forward throw. This has a lot of ending lag. This can be used as a hit-and-run move, as you walk away quickly already. Another much lulz (alone) throw for sure.
[11%]

(Alone) When one Elf does this, they try too slap the opponent, but they capture their arm, and then they flip them over their back the opposite direction. This deals 10% and mid horizontal knockback. This has quite a bit of ending lag for you. Lol, there’s a reason why there’s 2 Elves on the card, because you’re pitifully weak by yourself. Tutututut (don’t use this obviously)
[10% to Elf]

Upward Throw: We’re doing our daily exercise!

(Together) The Elves kick the opponent into the air, and then they lean on their bottoms and have their legs up. When they come back down, they keep on kicking the opponent, and make them keep on spinning around before doing one last kick upwards. This does 9% and mid upwards knockback. This is a good set-up move at early percents due to its low ending lag. Although, I’d advise you to kiss the opponent, much more effective.
[9%]

Downward Throw: I herd u liek lipstick

(Alone) The grabber Elf pushes the opponent onto the ground, and then they sit on top of them, and then they somehow get lipstick out, but it doesn’t matter, they’re cartoons. They then put lip-stick onto the opponent (like a female Wobbufeet lulz). This does 5% and low horizontal knockback. They stay like this for the rest of their stock

If you hit the opponent with forward smash or Forward Throw (Together), they get stunned for an extra 2 seconds, making it easier to follow up with, or even charge a smash to KO the opponent.
[5%]

Toon Gemini Elves Playstyle

The Toon Gemini Elves are very reliant on raking up damage, and having a vast majority of moves that are to do with sets up bigger moves. But let’s talk about their mechanic ay? There is basically no bonuses for being de-synched, a part from maybe allowing a few more follow ups between the two of them. Plus, they lose a bunch of moves (especially in the air), they lose their recovery, their 2 KO moves, and their more rangy moves. Pretty much the only benefit of being a part is that there is lower lag and damage, meaning damage raking is easier.

Their grab game is very powerful… together, another reason why you can’t let them a part, as when they are together, they have a powerful tech chase grab game that can rake up great damage, and it’s even better with the down throw, pretty much another grab, plus with the forward smash, which makes it extremely easy to land in an up-smash. There aerials are also good, with 2 recovery moves that are good at there normal job, a part from losing another Elf, which is bad news for you, a semi gimp move (dair), and a KO move (bair). Well, you need to be together to make use of it, otherwise... blah.

Overall, Pegasus is a ***** for creating Duel Monsters, oh, and that there are 2 Toons in the picture, because they’re useless on their own.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
No, you shouldn't there, Frogman. Just don't disgrace Marowak, he's one of my favorites. Not that I really expect you to, but meh. Just thought I'd say it.

Light: Well, to me it was a little too long. I do like the originality you put in there, like the Back Aerial and the Down Special, though. Also, he seems a little meme-broken. The sheer memeness of him could gimp even Pit's recovery, and make Ganondorf look like a potato chip. A ruffle potato chip.

peeup

Smash Lord
I've decided that I will be making a Puck the Faerie Dragon moveset next. You can expect it by Sunday morning. If anybody plays DotA, I would be open to suggestions or ideas for him.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
« Sakurai joins the Brawl! He is Entertainer! »​
Holy Miyamoto! This moveset is so strikingly true to character. . .It's a MASTERPIECE! While I've been utterly disgusted with how the other movesets here are nothing like my perfect movesets, this one more then makes up for it! I've finally realized that Brawl is NOT perfect. . .It didn't have this BRILLIANT moveset in it. The rest of you people could learn a thing or two from this moveset. This thing right here wins your stupid little contest, hands down.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Gardevoir has the ability to read the future. If it senses impending danger to its trainer, this Pokémon is said to unleash its psychokinetic energy at full power.

STATS/MOVESET

Stats

Size: 5/10 Gardevoir is barely taller than Mario, which puts her near the middle in terms of height. Width is about the same as Mario's too.

Weight: 3/10 Since she relies mainly on her Psychic powers to move around, she needs to be light enough so that she doesn't waste her energy.

First Jump: 6/10 The Psychic powers help Gardy out a lot here.

Second Jump: 8/10 She uses a little more oomph to boost her higher.

Top Speed: 5/10 Gardevoir relies on her powers to get around, floating just barely off the ground. She doesn't wish to waste her energy by zipping around all the time, so she limits the effort she puts into movement.

Traction: 4/10 She slides around quite a bit, making stopping on a dime out of the question.

Power: 4/10 She has some okay KO moves, but she's more suited to defense.

Range: 7/10 The few melee attacks she has have short range, but there are much better Psychic alternatives for range.

Priority: 6/10 Her closer-ranged attacks have some pretty good priority, but more range diminishes that.

Recovery: 6/10 Gardevoir has a good recovery, but she moves rather slowly, making her easy to gimp.

Fall Speed: 2/10 Gardevoir uses her power to slow down her fall, greatly improving her aerial movement. However.....she's not the best at aerial combat....

Attack Speed: 7/10 Above average here, but seeing as how this counts for her defensive attacks, not her offensive ones, it's not as worrisome or broken as you may think. Her offensive moves are a little more average and on the laggy side.

Gardevoir can Crouch, but that's it, besides a nice Float. Hers is longer than Peach's, but she doesn't move quite as quickly. Overall, however, she will cover more distance than Peach.

ANIMATIONS

Standing: Gardevoir stands around, with her “dress” swaying a little at the bottom.

Idle:If you leave her standing there, Gardevoir will wave her right arm back and forth, it glowing a faint green color. It looks suspiciously like a famous Star Wars scene -_-.

Walking: Gardevoir floats just barely above the floor. As she moves forward, the bottom of her dress sways a little, but this time it aims more to the back.

Running: As she floats, it looks the same, but sped up.

Dashing: Still looks the same, but her dress flows more violently backwards.

Crouch: Gardy's crouch is not the best, she actually uses Minimize to shrink herself. This means that there is a little bit of lag on both ends as she shrinks and grows, but she has Super Armor during this time, making her crouch more useful.

First Jump: Gardevoir glows green, then immediately pushes the glow downwards, propelling her upwards with no physical reaction.

Second Jump:It looks nearly identical to the first, but this time Gardevoir closes her eyes, and the green aura flies downwards faster. It disappears right after it leaves her body. Of course, it does nothing to opponents.

Shield: Gardevoir's shield is....well, not truly special, it just lasts slightly longer than the average
shield, and it can take a little more in the form of attacks. Essentially, it's buffed. And it's green. Always.

Sidestep: Gardevoir fades in and out quickly and repeatedly, it looking a little like a strobe effect. Turns out she's using Double Team. This is pretty long for a Sidestep, but not so much as to be the best in the game. It does have little lag, though.

Roll: Gardevoir teleports a short ways backwards. It's long, but she doesn't travel very far.

Air Dodge: Gardevoir once again uses Double Team, but she spins around in the air while doing so. Besides that, it looks like the Sidestep.

Trip: Gardevoir falls face first, but manages to catch herself psychically just before she hits the ground. She sort of lays there for a small moment, before automatically “pushing” herself upwards.

Asleep: Gardevoir sleeps standing up, with her head bent downwards, as obviously she can't hold it up anymore.

Dizzy: While Dizzy, instead of reeling back and forth like most characters, Gardevoir meditates. Unlike the games, this does nothing to her stats, as it's just for show. She does recover a little faster than most, however.

Neutral Special-Imprison
When you execute Imprison under 100%, Gardevoir will pause, then thrust her arms forward, the tips of her fingers sparkling with a fluorescent green. This reaches out about one Battlefield Platform in front of Gardevoir. If this greenish light connects with a foe, both Gardevoir and the opponent will immediately halt, any actions that were in progress ceasing. This can be held for a maximum of five seconds, and during this time, you take 1% damage per second, and your captured foe 2% a second. Gardevoir isn't the heaviest character around, so it would be unwise to spam this or hold your foe for the full five seconds. A better use for this is simply halting your opponent, stopping any attack they may have been using. This move has no beggining lag at all, the speed is only limited by your own reaction time. It can also be used to get over the 100% hump if you're at 95% or above, thus giving some of your attacks a buff, as well as inflicting 10% damage to your unfortunate enemy.

However, if you were to use this technique while Gardevoir's damage percentage is above 100%, Gardevoir will go through the same motions, but the light will have a different effect on your foe. Instead of a damage tradeoff in your favor, nothing will happen to the foe or you. At least, that's how it appears. In reality, your opponent just lost the use of five moves for 10seconds. The last five moves you used are now unavailable to your foe for 10 seconds. The possibilities of this move are endless, obviously. This does have its obvious drawback, however: You have to have the time to pick out your opponent's most crucial moves, then execute your versions of them (I.E., to disable the Falcon Punch or any other Neutral Special, use this attack, but do not connect with an enemy). This means that, to use this effectively, you may have to sacrifice "golden opportunities" in order to use a move that your opponent relies on so that you can entrap them with this. If the foe hits the combination of a restricted attack(Press B when Falcon Punch is Imprisoned), they will receive .5 seconds of lag.

Side Special-Barrier/Light Screen When you execute this attack, one of two things can occur. Note the dual title. Anyways, no, it isn't random at all. If you choose to tap the Special Button, Gardevoir will execute Barrier, whilst a longer hold will spawn a Light Screen. Now, there's no physical way to differentiate the two, so these can be rather tricky if you're not paying attention. Of course, there are differences. And here they are.

If you tapped the special analog, whatever it may be, you'll execute Barrier. Barrier is an extremely handy tool who's main use is to push foes off the stage, subsequently keeping ample space between them and Gardevoir. The Barrier seems to be a completely defensive "attack." It inflicts no damage, hitstun, flinch, or anything of the sort.The only thing that serves to remind the player that the Barrier is even touching them is the fact that they're sliding. Yes, you heard me. Instead of harming players directly, Barrier pushes them around, obviously in the direction it happened to be moving before the moment of impact. The Barrier cannot be broken at all. There is literally no means that can break the Barrier prematurely.

The Barrier does not have a time limit, however, instead, charging it influences the speed the Barrier shall travel at along its journey. At no charge, or just a tap, the Barrier moves about at approximately Ganon's run. At a full charge, however, it speeds up drastically, all the way to Sonic's dash. For those of you who have actually been paying attention and are wondering how you're supposed to charge this without instead forming a Light Screen, well, all you must do is swiftly tap the Special button, release, then press said button once more, but hold it instead of releasing it. You can hold the barrier indefinitely, but all that serves to do is block physical attacks from the front, but it won't prevent foes from, say, jumping over it. Or shooting you with any Energy-Based projectiles, like a Charge Shot or PK....anything. However, solid projectiles like Missiles(Both Snake's and Samus') and the like are absorbed. Not reflected, absorbed.

Now, obviously, pushing the likes of, say, Ganondorf or Bowser off the stage at the speed of sound (if you don't get that, please hang up and try again later), well, let's just say calling it broken as hell is putting it rather lightly. Which is why physics is there. The barrier slows down accordingly if it hits an enemy, object, or anything else that's solid but not nailed down. By that I mean that if a fully charged Barrier comes into contact with, oh, let's go with Bowser, it will slow down according to his weight, down to....about Mario's run. This will still serve to push Bowser offstage, but will not succeed in killing him outright, as his heavy stature allows him to fall out from under the Barrier in midair without really doing anything. Against lighter characters like Meta Knight, however, the Barrier proves much harder to escape from this way, as their light demeanor will likely stop them from being able to fall out from under it before they are swept into oblivion. Of course, they could develop a brain and jump OR hold down on the Control Stick/C-Pad/whatever, which would protect them from an untimely fate.

Now, Light Screen behaves completely differently. At first, it appears as if it were only a mindgame, a trick of sorts. If let alone, it will do absolutely nothing besides travel across and out of the stage. It will pass completely through enemies and items, but will follow the terrain/shape of the stage. However, if that Light Screen should contact any energy-based attack, be it a Charge shot, PK Fire, or even a Lucas Dsmash or Zamus Fsmash(or anything similar to any of these attacks), it will take on three-fourths of the power of said attack, and if, after absorbing power, the Light Screen is to come into contact with any player besides the Gardevoir that summoned it(including the initial user of the attack >_>), it will inflict the stored damage and knockback onto them. However, unlike the Barrier, the Light Screen is not invulnerable. It it absorbs more than 40%'s worth of damage(From energy only,physical tactics do nothing whatsoever), Light Screen will shatter, with the resulting shards dealing 25% of the damage it has accumulated. This means a maximum of 10% damage from a shattered Light Screen, and 30% from an intact one(that's with 40% exactly). The amount of damage induced is rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number.

Neither of these moves change upon suffering over 70% damage.

Up Special-Calm Mind When you first activate this move, Gardevoir will freeze in place, whether she was in the air or planted firmly on the ground. At this time, a small white aura surrounds her being, replenishing her of all abilities and techniques. Note that she is not invincible while this is occurring. If you haven't got it yet (>_>), this re-sets her, as if she had spawned in the place she used this technique. If used when off the ground, Calm Mind will create a small pedestal the size of a Battlefield Platform that any player can stand on. It lasts forever, and players can fall through it normally (in this way, it essentially IS a BFP), and all besides Gardevoir can jump off of it as well. However, if Gardevoir is to jump(getting knocked off will not trigger this) off of it, the platform disintegrate into thin air. Therefore, you cannot recover and keep the platform in that position simultaneously. You could, however, walk off or fall through the platform, and then midair-jump to the stage, if it is close enough. This can pose useful in team battles, as someone like Meta Knight or Jigglypuff could stay on a platform that is off the side and slightly below the main line of the stage in order to chase enemies pushed off the side by Barrier and knock them off the screen for an easy KO.

There can only be one platform for each Gardevoir in the battle. With multiple Gardevoir, this can easily create more battle areas in small or plain stages like Final Destination or Corneria. As a note, other Gardevoir cannot destroy your platform. Only the creator can destroy these.

And yes, this gives Gardevoir an infinite recovery, but since she must freeze every time she spawns a platform, with no way to defend herself, this can be stopped or Gardevoir can be KO'd outright.

Down Special-Baton Pass
Baton Pass. The "Pokemon Switch" of Wally. Wally doesn't suffer from stamina issues like the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, but switching can serve just as much purpose. All of Wally's Pokemon grant special bonuses to the next Pokemon in line by standing at the sidelines and using a power of sorts. Gardevoir's ability is "Barrier." Not the one in her Side Special, mind you. Think of it more as....a very pathetic LifeAura from Megaman Battle Network. The Barrier cannot be broken by any attacks that inflict under 10% damage. This can stop MANY combos. However, if any attack with a damage % greater than 10 hits the Barrier, it will be broken and won't respawn for eight seconds. This grants you 30 Barriers in one 4-minute match. That's thirty attacks that this can potentially save you from. However, it's quite easily for an opponent to just smack the Barrier off as soon as it spawns, essentially wasting it.

Most of the attacks blocked by this Barrier are combo-setters. People like Meta Knight and the like rely on weak but quick moves to rack up damage quite quickly, ultimately leading to a KO. Obviously, this won't work until they spend the time to break this Barrier.

Also, the break rule extends to SINGLE HITS ONLY! This means that multiple weak hits that flow together as one move will not break it. Hehe, Mach Tornado my ***. Try something original, K?.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
~ Elias ~

Elias hails from Panel de Pon, the same game as the more famous Lip. As Lip is the Fairy of Flowers, Elias is the Fairy of Water. She has a gentle, timid nature, being somewhat shy and very caring of others. Despite sometimes lacking power, she holds her own in Smash Bros., between her manipulation of water and the puzzle techniques she takes from Panel de Pon.

~ Statistics ~

Size - 7/10
Elias stands almost the height of Link, at about the same width.

Power - 3/10
Elias has a couple of decent KO moves, and a couple of good damagers, but her main method of scoring KOs will usually be through gimping.

Weight - 3/10
Elias is a bit easy to knock around, being a skinny, lightweight fairy.

Ground Movement - 4/10
Elias moves around okay on the ground, though she's nothing impressive.

Air Movement - 5/10
Her movement in the air is somewhat better, but nothing impressive.

Jumps - 5/10
Elias has mediocre jumps. Nothing special, but nothing hindering to her.

Attack Speed - 8/10
For the most part, the attacks Elias uses are all rather quick, both in terms of lag and execution time.

Priority - 7/10
Her priority is good sometimes, bad sometimes, but more often good than bad.

Traction - 2/10
You can't expect much from a "fish out of water" character in this category.

Range - 4/10
Elias has her fair share of far-reaching attacks, but isn't especially reliant on them.

Recovery - 8/10
Elias has a powerful recovery, but without careful planning or reckless abuse of it, she can slip into KOing herself.

Swimming - 11/10
Elias is the Fairy of Water, so this is no surprise. Not only does she move around quickly in the water, but she can attack from a swimming position and she's incapable of drowning. After all, she lives in this kind of environment.

~ Animations ~

Standing/Idle
Elias stands normally, occassionally glancing over her shoulder or running her fingers through her hair.

Walking/Running
Elias walks slowly, looking around and seeming to enjoy the scenery. By the time she reaches running speed, she continuously looks forward, but she still seems a bit relaxed about everything.

Dashing
Elias runs similarly to Zelda, her dress and her hair flapping behind her as she pumps her legs.

Crouching
Elias kneels down on the ground, in a similar fashion to Peach or Zelda.

Jumping
Elias performs both her ground jump and mid-air jump similarly to Peach's mid-air jump (though they lift her higher), by spinning around, her long, blue hair spiraling around her as she does.

Shielding
Elias crouches down a bit and covers her head with her hands, seeming rather afraid behind her standard bubble shield.

Dodging
Elias performs sidestep and aerial dodges by simply leaning into the background briefly. For rolling dodges, a wave of water appears, sweeping her off her feet and carrying her forward or backward before dropping her. While aesthetically unique, this acts like any normal rolling dodge.

Swimming
Elias doesn't really "swim," per se. Rather, the water acts as a sort of gelatinous body, reaching up to support her by surrounding her from the waist down. While this does create a sort of small "bulge" in the water, it won't affect other characters. This allows Elias to look more natural while performing attacks from the water.

~ Notes: Panels, Combos and Chains ~

In Panel de Pon, blocks are cleared when at least three are aligned in a row, vertically or horizontally. They can only be swapped horizontally. In the above picture, for example, swapping the green circle and red heart blocks on the right side would complete a normal column of three green circle blocks, which would then disappear.

Combos occur when multiple blocks are cleared simultaneously, such as four or five blocks being aligned together, or multiple sets of at least three being completed at the same time. A chain occurs when some blocks are cleared, causing others to fall and form another group of three, which clears immediately. The following combos and chains are possible to perform in Smash:

Swapping the green circle block on the bottom row with the blue triangle block in the corner will complete a 5-block combo of blue blocks. These combos can be performed in either a corner fashion (seen above) or in a T-shaped fashion, where the five connected blocks form a capital T.

Swapping the middle two blocks (the yellow star and the purple diamond) will result in a six-block combo, formed by the three-block groups of yellow and purple blocks being cleared at the same time.

Using both of the above method together can result in an 8-block combo as well.

Now for a chain. Swapping the blue triangle in the bottom-right corner with the red heart next to it will complete a group of three blue triangles, which will disappear and cause the red hearts to fall, forming another group of three automatically and completing a two-group chain. Some quick thinking with those yellow star and purple diamond blocks after the blue triangles are cleared could even result in a three- or four-group chain...

NOTE: All panels appearing in Brawl are roughly the size of the star blocks from the Green Greens stage.

~ Special Attacks ~

Neutral Special - Quick Panels

A set of six panels like the one shown above are superimposed over Elias upon pressing the B button. The set of panels will always have one switch that will form a group of three (the middle panels in the above example). When releasing the B button, holding up on the control stick will switch the top panels, holding down will switch the bottom ones, and keeping the control stick in the neutral position will switch the middle panels. There is roughly a quarter-second of startup and ending lag, as the panels appear at the beginning and disappear at the end. They can be held for as long as you want before the release, but Elias can still be knocked around and will fall at a normal speed during the use of this attack. She is unable to move or perform other actions for the duration of this attack.

If you successfully complete the group of three, a few things will happen, affecting all three of your other Special Attacks. For this reason, this attack is central to using Elias. The effects on the other Specials will be described within them, following a phrase like "when the Neutral Special is used successfully." These effects are sometimes non-critical, such as in the Side Special, and can sometimes save your life, as is the case with the Up Special. In either case, mastery of this attack will make playing Elias much easier. The quicker you can recognize and line up that group, the better off you'll be.
[ 0% ]

Side Special - Panel Toss
Elias tosses a panel forward, having a similar lag and trajectory to King Dedede's Waddle Dee toss. The panel may be of any of the five standard Panel de Pon colors, all being equally likely and having the following effects if they hit opponents:

• Blue Triangle - These panels deal 6% damage and weak upward knockback.
  • Green Circle - These panels deal no damage, but fairly strong diagonal knockback.
  • Yellow Star - These panels will stun, like Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer, but deal no damage or knockback.
  • Purple Diamond - These panels deal 12% damage, with no knockback or hitstun.
  • Red Heart - These panels will heal for 10% damage. This can be useful in team battles, but beware of throwing them at enemies.

Throwing these panels at enemies is far from their only use. A more important use for these panels is to create a stack of panels that Elias can use to form combos and chains. A thrown panel will sit on the ground where it lands if it doesn't strike an opponent. If another panel is thrown and hits that panel, the two will stick together, forming a stack. If the second panel doesn't hit the first, the first will disappear and the second will take priority in forming a new stack. Once two panels have stuck together, the stack will take priority over any loose thrown panels, which will immediately disappear if they strike the ground. Note that the stack serves as a background obstacle, like the statues in the Castle Seige stage, so as to not obstruct players' view of the stage.

At maximum, the stack can become four panels wide and three high, like the ones shown in the beginning notes of this moveset, always stacking up in the following order as panels are added:

9 | 3 | 6 | 12
8 | 2 | 5 | 11
7 | 1 | 4 | 10

Every time a new panel is added to the stack, the panels will randomize their positions. It should be noted that panels will avoid aligning in threes if at all possible. Unless the panels have no options for positioning that won't create a group of three, they will not automatically complete any. For example, if a Blue Triangle is added to a stack currently consisting of two Blue Triangles and a Green Circle, the Blue Triangles will NEVER randomize to all be in the same column.

The panels in this stack can be switched and affected via Elias' Standard Attacks. Continuous use of the Side Special is merely useful in creating a larger stack. If another panel is thrown at the stack after it has reached full capacity, it will collapse the stack, with all the panels immediately vanishing, allowing Elias to start a new stack elsewhere.

The effect of a successful Neutral Special on this attack is this: after the panels from the Neutral Special disappear, for a few moments, a transparent version of one of the five types of panels will flash above Elias' head. It's selected randomly, but the panel shown will always be the next one Elias throws with her Side Special. A second successful use of the Neutral Special will negate the first, possibly changing the next panel. This is useful in setting up combos and chains, as it allows Elias to know the type of panel she will throw and concentrate on specific panels for the stack. For example, alternating between only two types of panels has a pretty good chance of setting you up an easy six-combo to perform with the stack.
[ Variable Damage ]

Up Special - Stack Raiser
Elias stalls where she is for about a quarter-second, then raises one hand into the air. As she does this, a row of four blocks rises up beneath her, with her in the center of them. As long as the B button is held, rows will continue to rise up beneath her, at a rate of about one row per quarter-second. When the button is released, Elias suffers virtually no lag, as the row(s) beneath her begin to fall at about Peach's falling speed. Elias is allowed only a single ground jump off of the rows, so they must be pushed within that range of the ledge before release. The rows will drop straight through any characters or platforms they contact on the way down, having no effect on them.

The downside to this move is that, like in Panel de Pon, raising too many rows will actually cause you problems. If Elias raises too many rows, she'll ruin her recovery. Only ten rows can be raised. If an eleventh is attempted, the rows will immediately vanish beneath Elias, as she is left in a helpless state. Keeping track of the number of rows you have remaining is critical in order to make sure you don't accidentally raise the stack beyond your limit.

Luckily, Elias can regain rows through both her Neutral and Side Specials. Any group or combo restores as many rows as there are blocks in the combo (a 3-combo from either Special restores 3 rows for the Up Special, whereas a 5-, 6-, or 8-combo in the Side Special restores 5, 6, or 8 rows, respectively). A chain of any length made with the Side Special will automatically restore all 10 rows. Knowing this, it's usually better to just be safe and keep as many rows available as possible at all times, rather than meticulously keeping track of your remaining rows. Elias automatically regains all 10 rows when she is KOed.
[ 0% ]

Down Special - Garbage Block

Elias raises her hand and summons a garbage block, looking like the one above, to fall at that spot, somewhat similar to Pikachu's Thunder, falling from the same height as the cloud for Thunder appears at. Garbage blocks fall down quickly, at about King Dedede's falling speed. Elias takes about a second to fully summon the block and become controllable again. The falling garbage block won't damage, but will push opponents down that are caught underneath. Garbage blocks will fall straight through even solid platforms, going directly to the bottom of the screen. If a garbage block pushes an opponent into the ground (essentially trapping them between the garbage block and the floor), it will deal 20% damage as it passes them by, leaving them lying on the floor. Of course, the main use of this is for gimping and edgeguarding.

By default, garbage blocks are only as large as a single panel, making them difficult to use. However, the Neutral and Side Specials can help to increase the size of the garbage blocks Elias drops. A normal three-block combo formed with either move will increase the width by a single panel's width. A five-block combo increases it by twice the width of a single panel, and likewise a six-block combo increases it by the width of four panels and an eight-block combo increases it by six panels' width, to its full length, being the width of seven panels and still the height of one. A chain acts the same way as an eight-block combo, pushing the block to full width. Combos or chains performed after one garbage block has reached full width will count toward the next one. For example, if a garbage block is currently at a width of 5/7, and an eight-block combo is performed, that results in an addition of 6, for 11/7. Since that block can only be 7 panels wide, the remaining 4 carry over to the next garbage block, making a 5/7 garbage block available immediately after the full-width block is used.
[ 20% ]

~ Standard Attacks ~

Neutral Attack - Bubble Clap
Elias claps her hands in front of her. As her hands connect, a small amount of water splashes out from her frame in every direction, as if a bubble her shape and size were popped at that instant. It covers only a short range, but deals 8% damage and weak knockback if it hits. There is little lag on either end of this move, but its limited range keeps it from being very effective when used repeatedly.

As stated before, Elias' Standard Attacks affect the stack formed with her Side Special. While this can be used as a conventional Neutral Attack, hitting the stack of panels with it will result in the middle two blocks (2 and 5, if you refer back to the pattern of stacking stated in the Side Special) being switched.
[ 8% ]

Forward Tilt - Aqua Slap
Elias uses one hand to perform a reaching backhand in front of her. A trail of water follows her hand, lengthening the time in which the hitbox is present. It reaches roughly as far as Zelda's Forward Tilt, but is considerably faster, having a little less lag on either end. The actual slap deals 8% damage, with okay horizontal knockback, while the trail of water that lingers briefly afterward deals only 3%, with flinching knockback. Still, it can sometimes keep Elias from being punished by hasty opponents.

This move is critical for manipulating the stack from the Side Special. In addition to being able to switch the panels on either side (2 and 8 or 5 and 11, depending on which way Elias is facing), this, like many Forward Tilt attacks, can be angled slightly up or down, resulting in Elias being able to switch corner panels with their neighbors as well. It should be noted that despite the first few panels stacking in the middle automatically, they can be moved to the sides such that they'll drop and form combos. However, they'll revert back to their default formation when another panel is added to the stack.

Up Tilt - Fountain Spray
Elias points a hand upward, and water sprays out of it diagonally forward, covering a decent area, roughly the size of Toad's spores in Peach's Neutral Special, albeit in a diagonally upward direction instead of a forward one. This water deals multi-hit damage, which can total up to about 10%. There is moderate lag after this move, but little before it.

If this move is used on the stack of panels from the Side Special, it will switch the middle blocks of the top row (3 and 6). Despite it's multi-hitting properties, a single use will only switch the blocks once.
[ Up to 10% ]

Down Tilt - Short Stream
Elias places both hands on the ground, forming a stream of water that rushes forward quickly, covering about one Battlefield platform's length. The entirety of this move takes a little over half a second to perform, with little lag on either end. The rushing water will affect anyone standing on the ground where it is, dealing 7% damage and always tripping them.

Of course, like Elias' other Standard Attacks, this is useful for switching panels in the Side Special's stack. Predictably enough, this switches the bottom center panels, numbers 1 and 4. Note that when a group is formed by switching, the panels will flash for about a second, then vanish, with all blocks above them then falling. You can't switch a block into a spot where another is currently flashing or vanishing.
[ 7% ]

Dash Attack - Spin Splash
Elias breaks out of her dash into a spin, with her arms outstretched. The actual spinning deals 2 hits of 3% damage each, with her entire body as a hitbox. As she completes the spin, water sprays from each hand, to the front and the back, goind about as far as the Ice Climbers' Blizzard attack, though it only lasts for a brief moment. The splashes of water deal 7% damage, with decent diagonal knockback. With little startup and moderate ending lag, this move takes about a second to fully perform.

All the switches are possible through Elias' other Standard Attacks, but this one still serves a purpose. You may very well get a randomized setup of panels that you don't like in your stack. Using this move on the stack will re-randomize the entire stack, often giving you a more preferrable layout. In short, this is the move to use if you didn't get quite what you were hoping for.
[ 3% + 3% + 7% ]

~ Smash Attacks ~

Forward Smash - Tidal Wave
Elias stretches a hand forward, and a tidal wave rises up out of the ground, growing higher until it reaches its peak height, at which point it begins shrinking again, all the while moving forward. Elias is unable to perform other actions for the entire duration of the wave, which, if uninterrupted by a ledge or wall (at which point the wave will immediately subside), is about a second long, barring the moderate startup and ending lag for this move. The peak height of the wave is reached after about a the length of a Battlefield platform, being about as tall as Elias. Both the charge of the Smash Attack and the current height of the wave affect its power. At smallest, the wave will deal only 1 - 3% damage, with weak forward knockback, but at its peak, it deals 18 - 25%, with good forward knockback.

This, along with Elias' other Smash Attacks, is usable from the water. All attacks with the control stick tilted or tapped to either side will translate to a Forward Smash in that case. In the water, the wave has all the same properties, but it's automatically at full charge (Elias can't charge the move), and deals downward, rather than forward, knockback.
[ 1 - 25% ]

Up Smash - Geyser
Elias stretches both hands forward, and a geyser spew straight up from about a Battlefield platform's length in front of her. The geyser is about as wide as Ness or Lucas. The geyser reaches its peak height quickly, and dies down just as fast, taking no more than a second to fully perform this move, including the moderate amounts of startup and ending lag, but not including charging time. The geyser deals 20% damage and good upward knockback to anyone it hits, with its peak height being determined by the charge of the Smash Attack. At minimum, it'll shoot up to about Link's height, while at maximum, it will shoot up as high as Sonic's Spring Jump goes.

Performing an attack with the control stick tilted or tapped upward while in the water will perform this move, which, like the Forward Smash, is automatically at full power, and can't be charged. Also like the Forward Smash, this attack gains downward knockback when used from water.
[ 20% ]

Down Smash - Maelstrom

Elias raises both hands skyward, as a maelstrom envelopes her from the waist down. This affects a somewhat small hitbox, but deals 20 - 30% damage (depending on charge) and downward knockback to anyone who touches the powerful whirlpool, which lasts for about a second. Elias can move at her walking speed left and right while the maelstrom is in effect, but is unable to jump or move past ledges. Note, however, that she is still completely susceptible to attacks from above, as only her lower body contains the hitbox. This move has more lag than her other Smash Attacks, being a bit above average on both ends.

This attack retains its downward knockback when used from the water, and is automatically brought to full charge to deal 30% damage on contact. Additionally, Elias can move at twice the normal speed left and right. As you've probably already figured out, the use of her Smash Attacks from the water makes Elias quite powerful on stages with water, due to the ability of these attacks to bring opponents to the water and then shove them under quite well.
[ 20 - 30% ]

~ Aerial Attacks ~

Neutral Aerial - Whirlpool
Elias pauses in mid-air, falling very slowly for the duration of this attack. A whirlpool roughly the size of Meta Knight's Mach Tornado surrounds her, dealing multi-hit damage to those caught in it. It lasts for about a second, dealing up to about 16% damage. This attack has little startup lag, but a horrendous amount of ending lag, during which Elias falls normally. Additionally, this attack has a very low priority, being easily beaten out by other moves. Despite this, its large hitbox and good damaging abilities make it worthwhile.
[ Up to 16% ]

Forward Aerial - Flood Rain
Elias extends one hand in front of her, creating a small raincloud about as tall as Jigglypuff and as wide as Bowser. This takes roughly a half-second to do. After another second, the cloud starts to drop a steady stream of rain, which falls downward until it strikes a platform. The rain pushes downward with no damage, like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. or Squirtle's Water Gun. Although the push is somewhat weak, the fact that it lasts longer than either of the aforementioned attacks can prove useful. Additionally, if used over solid ground. a puddle the same width of the raincloud will collect underneath it. Opponents who step on the puddle will slip as if they've run into a Banana Peel. This lasts for about three seconds before the cloud disappears. Elias can only have one raincloud on the field at once, and trying to use it a second time will make Elias go through the motion to form a cloud, but to no avail, costing you a bit of time to attempt the move.
[ 0% ]

Backward Aerial - Jetstream
Elias holds her hands behind her, arching backward as she does, then releases a powerful stream of water from her hands. The water travels at an angle, slightly lower than horizontal, being about as thick as the head of a PK Thunder and travelling for about the distance Charizard's Flamethrower reaches at full power. The stream travels quickly, so the hitbox is brief, but it deals 10% damage with moderate diagonal knockback. Additionally, this attack will push Elias forward a short distance, about as much as R.O.B. goes with his Backward Aerial, although she doesn't drop as much due to the downward angle of the streams of water. This attack has a rather large amount of startup lag, but only an average amount of ending lag.
[ 10% ]

Up Aerial - Thick Vapor
Elias turns her head upward and blows, sending a thick water vapor upward. This forms a cloud right above her about the size of Donkey Kong that lasts for the next two seconds. Enemies who touch the cloud will take 8% damage, but no knockback or hitstun. If they leave the cloud and touch it again, they will again take the damage, but staying in the cloud will not continue to damage them. This attack has average amounts of startup and ending lag, so while Elias is allowed to have more than one vapor cloud on the field at a time, this move is not spammable.
[ 8% ]

Down Aerial - Waterfall
Elias turns downward, stalling in mid-air. After a moderate amount of startup lag, she extends her hands downward, creating a rushing waterfall, which goes down as far as it can (stopping at solid ground), being about the width of Kirby. The rushing water deals no damage but pushes downward (like F.L.U.D.D. or Water Gun, again), and fast! If it pushes an opponent into solid ground, it'll deal them 5% damage as they hit. Of course, it's also useful for gimping, but there is a drawback to this technique. After the waterfall has flowed for about one second, Elias will ride down it herself, the water at each point disappearing as she passes. She deals 8% damage and okay horizontal knockback to anyone she hits on the way, which you just may be able to do to someone you already forced to the ground. Because of this, however, opponents you are about to gimp may see this attack coming and choose to steer clear of the waterfall, forcing Elias to KO herself before they fall.
[ 5% + 8% ]

~ Grab and Throws ~

Grab - Normal
Elias simply grabs with one hand, having a reach and speed similar to that of Pit.

Pummel - Bubble Trap
Using the Pummel the first time will cause Elias to extend her other hand toward the victim, quickly trapping them in a bubble that forms around them. If this bubble is activated, Elias' Pummel and Throws will now affect her stack of panels from the Side Special, assuming she has made one. Pressing the Pummel again will now switch the middle two panels, just like the Neutral Attack when used on the stack. The bubble swells a little and then returns to normal to indicate another use of the Pummel as well.
[ 0% ]

Normal Throw - Toss
If the Pummel hasn't been used and the Bubble Trap activated, Elias has only one Throw, which will be performed if the control stick is tilted in any direction. Elias simply tosses her opponent forward, similar to Marth's Forward Throw, dealing 10% damage and little knockback. The only real use for this Throw is to deal actual damage to your victim, as the Pummel and its Throws don't deal any.
[ 10% ]

Bubble Trap Throw - Bounce
If your opponent has been trapped in a bubble, pressing a direction will cause the bubble (and the victim within it) to briefly bounce in that direction, moving about the length of a Battlefield platform and then moving back to its original position (downward Throws will simply bounce the bubble off the ground). This switches the panels in the Side Special's stack similarly to Elias' Tilts. To allow Elias to access the entirety of the stack, she can even perform this Throw diagonally, in all four diagonal directions. These Throws can be repeated until the opponent breaks the grip of the Grab. If the grip is broken when no Throw is being executed, the bubble will simply pop and release the victim. If, however, a Throw is being performed when the victim breaks the grip, they'll take pretty good knockback as the bubble pops, in the direction of the Throw, though they still won't take any damage. Each of these Throws, along with secondary uses of the Pummel (after the Bubble Trap has been activated) take about a quarter-second to fully perform.
[ 0% ]

~ Final Smash - High Tide ~
Water rushes in from the bottom of the screen, filling up to just above the main or lowest platform of the stage. It's not so high or deep that other characters can't walk in it, but Elias will treat the environment as if she was in the water, performing her swimming animation as she moves and such. This lasts for 15 seconds, and Elias is invulnerable for the duration of the Final Smash. Of utmost importance during this time are Elias' Smash Attacks, which are performed as if Elias was in water, giving them full power and useful downward knockback. Additionally, Elias has infinite rows for use in her Up Special during this time (and will be restored to 10 when the Final Smash finishes), and her Down Special will always drop full-width garbage blocks while the tide is high. This Final Smash deals no damage on its own, but sets up Elias well for some powerful hits and a strong gimping game with her garbage blocks.

~ Taunts and Victory Poses ~

Up Taunt - Girlish Charm
Elias giggles, and then looks at the camera, blushing and turning away slightly afterward.

Side Taunt - Boredom
Elias runs her fingers through her hair, singing softly, "La la la la la..."

Down Taunt - Fearsome Fairy
Elias clenches her fists and looks angry for a moment, then points a finger forward (like shown in the picture at the top of the moveset) and shouts resolutely, "Let's go!"

Up Victory Pose - Animal Friend
Elias' animal friend (the one that appears on her stage in Panel de Pon; it's sort of a round, pink, duck-like creature...) is seen jumping up and down beside her. Elias watches it for a while, laughing, before it jumps into her arms.

Side Victory Pose - Water Wonderland
The entire victory area appears to be underwater, as Elias comes swimming in from the side, twisting and twirling and performing all sorts of graceful maneuvers. She eventually stops and smiles, waving toward the camera.

Down Victory Pose - Bubble Bath
A vast number of bubbles are seen all over the victory area. At first, Elias can't be seen, but then she is repeatedly seen jumping high out of the bubbles and diving back into them. This continues indefinitely.

Loss Pose - The Wettest Tears
Elias kneels sadly in the background, crying quietly. A pool of tears has collected beneath her, soaking her dress. She occassionally wipes her eyes, trying to stop crying.

~ Playstyle Summary ~
Elias' playstyle differs depending on her environment. On the majority of Brawl's stages, she'll be taking a more defensive, gimping-oriented route, while stages with water allow her to take a more offensive one. To begin any battle, you should try to use your Side Special to make a full stack of 12 blocks, but don't go throwing panels recklessly. Use the Neutral Special to foresee your panels and set up the stack for combos and/or chains. The easiest way to allow combos is to include a lot of the same type of panels in your stack. The more panels of the same color, the more likely they'll be able to form a combo, since the panels will never self-align.

Once you've got a respectable stack set up, alternate between keeping your opponent away and forming those chains and combos you need. If you can't keep your opponent at bay or far away well, you can still switch the panels via Throws. However, it shouldn't be too hard, as Elias' Smash Attacks and Aerials are all able tools for keeping opponents at bay, and her Tilts can be useful as well. The far forward reach of the Forward Smash and the sheer height the Up Smash can acheive keep Elias from being very approachable, so you shouldn't struggle too much to get a little time to yourself for panel switching. In some cases, you may even find yourself pushing opponents toward the edges of the screen as you force them to slip up with the Forward Aerial, rack up damage with the Neutral Aerial, then use a Smash Attack to push them away. The Up Aerial should be used mainly to guard from assaults coming from above, and the Backward Aerial is really more of an offensive tactic, so it'll come into play later. The Down Aerial can be a useful tool at any time, so long as you're careful about where you use it and stay infrequent about it so as to not become predictable.

Anyway, the main reason for making all these combos and chains, of course, is to build up a collection of good-sized garbage blocks. Once you're comfortable with the amount of garbage blocks you've got, it's time to start pushing toward the edges. Don't forget that garbage blocks fall straight through solid platforms, so they're the most perfect gimping tool in the game. The hard part comes in getting opponents there. Some of your most potent options lie in the Forward Smash and Backward Aerial. Once these get the opponent over the edge, try to trap them under a garbage block and push them down to their doom. With a good collection, you should be able to make up for failed attempts by turning around and doing it over again immediately afterward. Often opponents won't be able to keep up if you keep dropping garbage block after garbage block on them as they try to recover.

On the defensive, Elias should rely on attacks like the Forward Aerial to force her opponents to slip up, then push them away with other attacks. Her style of "defense" is really more one of keeping opponents away, which she can do via the Forward and Up Smashes, as well as her Up Aerial to force opponents to attack from a specific direction. If you take a hard hit, it's important not to get greedy with your recovery. Use as few rows as possible with your Up Special to make it back to the ledge, using an aerial Neutral Special quickly to regain some if you're in need. Generally, Elias won't be making it back to anywhere but the ledge, as reaching higher will just cost her more of those precious rows. Definitely don't be going overboard with those, or it'll throw the whole match for you.

If you can use your Throws right after you've got a good collection of garbage blocks, you can maintain it for a good amount of time, all the while staying in your opponent's face. If you're in the process of gimping someone, and run low on garbage blocks, you may want to look at the Down Aerial. It's a high-risk move, but a high-reward one as well, so don't hesitate to use it for gimping if the situation looks right. When you're really out of garbage blocks, just rinse and repeat the whole process again, usually sans the creation of a stack of blocks. It's probably best to keep just one stack the entire game, but if you realize you've made a critical mistake in the placement of your stack, you always have the option of starting it over.

As far as match-ups and stages go, Elias players should do their best to get themselves stages with water. Naturally, the effect this gives for her Smash Attacks really lends itself to a powerful offensive game, as it allows for much easier water-spikes than most characters are capable of. Elias players should do their best to avoid moving or scrolling stages, as these can force you to constantly recreate stacks of panels, something you don't want to have to do a lot. Character-wise, Elias makes a much better pick against close-range opponents, as these are the kind that actually suffer from being pushed away. Opponents with powerful or spammable ranged attacks put a lot of pressure on Elias, which can make it hard for her to concentrate on chains and combos, which greatly hurts her gimping game, which is her definite offensive forte.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Oh no, another water set! That was very interesting, and very balanced too. I love how you integrated Panel de Pon into Smash, and despite Elias having no real depth you gave her very interesting and balanced moves. My only critique is that Elias's water strength is kind of useless. I believe Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship and Jungle Japes (thank you for reminding me of the last two, Spadefox) are the only competitive-legal stages with water in them. I would have liked some sort of balanced feature to create pools of water somehow. Maybe for the DSmash? Overall, very interesting. You did great for the very little amount to draw from.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh no, another water set! That was very interesting, and very balanced too. I love how you integrated Panel de Pon into Smash, and despite Elias having no real depth you gave her very interesting and balanced moves. My only critique is that Elias's water strength is kind of useless. I believe Delfino Plaza is the only competitive-legal stage with water in it, and it hampers Elias anyway because it scrolls. I would have liked some sort of balanced feature to create pools of water somehow. Maybe for the DSmash? Overall, very interesting. You did great for the very little amount to draw from.
Pirate Ship and Jungle Japes are legal, too.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Spot reserved for the 10th place winner of MYM2. or was it 3? (don't worry I'm updating it)
Nothing in MYM2 can be considered an achievement, especially not for one who placed due to getting his friends to vote for his sets.

Spot reserving is forbidden as spam. It goes along the lines of posting an incomplete moveset.

@Baloo
Do not post the link to the chat in the thread.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Elias has one of the best executed special mechanics I've seen in a long while. I enjoyed how her specials worked in conjunction with one another, but weren't completely useless when taken on their own. Incorporating her regular attacks into the mix somehow felt natural, though in the heat of battle, I'd probably just use the Dash-attack.
And kudos to you for giving her attacks while swimming. It never made sense how water based characters were as much dead ducks in water as everyone else.

But as cool as the puzzle mechanic is, I felt it could have used a little more depth, or a reward that was more than "bigger garbage blocks/more Up-B". I'm also somewhat dissapointed that, other than when thrown, there was no real difference between the different colours.

And, Personally, I think garbage blocks should be able to land on top of stacks from her side-special to create a makeshift platform.

Finally, and this greivance is pointed at movesets here in general, I'm getting a little tired of Final Smashes which are "Get a boost to your special mechanic and/or specific moves". How boring would Olimar be if his Final Smash was "Get 6 Pikmin. Pikmin are also invincible for 20 seconds"? Or how about "Lucario has full Aura for 15 seconds"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom