• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
This is where I got the misunderstanding from. Skill is a very broad term, it doesn't just imply tech skill. Of course I would misunderstand if you say the above quote.

Also, when most people say "He is skilled," it means he has an overall skill that is relatively impressive not exactly his tech skill. If I want to say he has tech skill specifically, I would say he has tech skill not just say skill.
yea i should have clarified

i just like to shorten things

and use bad grammar

I heard you dont have a game anymore or something.

But I just thought it was funny. I assumed it was the raptor boost but thought u meant just a ledge cancel and not referring to the specific edge of yoshis story.

@jona. Skill is the term you are looking for. Tech skill is precision in the button presses that you do. A common misconception is that flashyness=techskill. But for the most part its consistency. It also has a direct influence on your game speed. Mindgames are how u use those button presses to force your opponent into doing what you want or to confuse them.

You would just say that person was way better than me unless it was a specific thing that messed u up. They had too much tech skill and played to fast or they didnt leave enough room for error. They are too consistent. Or u can get mindgamed lol.
yea i dont :[ kinda sad

but yea, im trying to say something like that

its just the way i say things is different

and it confuses people

everyone

DrewB008

Smash Lord
Dear BigD,

Often when i find myself playing Falcon, people charge in with an attack and it usually scares me to the point of running off the ledge. The questions I'm asking is, when i raptor boost from off the stage to "jordan" cancel on the stage, should I usmash immediately? Or should i run past them and bair to pivot turn knee? Thanks for your time!

-Concerned in Chicago
the more important question you should be asking yourself is:

why not both?

Scar

#HarveyDent
ok guys im back and im going to warn/infract people now if this thread turns into balls

but seriously just make new threads for important discussions like how tight bigD is and how jona's opinions may not always be factually sound or... GASP who is the best CF

Zjiin

Smash Master
Dayumn, Hax knows his stuff.

Also, so this isn't a post that isn't productive, BigD/Scar, what RL figure to you identify with most while playing falcon at a beastly level? When i'm "laying the pavement" I often think of myself as a young Paul Warfield Tibbets Jr. He might not have invented it, but he sure dropped it!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if you put your front foot in between the red arrows on the platforms at stadium, your falcon kick will platform cancel on the end of the other one. Does anybody else know this? I learned long ago to never assume I'm the first to do something

Divinokage

Smash Legend
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...o2=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxgk2NfqOoM

I know you guys probably watched both already.. which is the Darkrain and SS combo vids but with the youtubedoubler you can see both videos at the same time which is really cool. So I rewatched them both and it's really cool to see the different styles they both have... I'd say SS is more mindgames and Darkrain ***** you lol.

noodles

Smash Champion
id guess a roll away from the edge. like at the edge pf a stage so if they roll they wont go anywhere, same if they tech, and they go right next to you if the roll to you. or maybe if your under a platform.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
what do you approach with against somebody who spams ccs?
Hit them with nair still except space really ****ing well then run away or jump or grab.....down air is usually not that great of alternative unless you know for a fact that they just won't throw a hitbox in your face.

Does Falcon have any sort of platform play? Cause while I know Falcon usually has a good game against people on the lower platforms with upair and such I have been wondering if there is something that can be used in approaching or camping (that isn't ICs or ********)? Like waveland bairs could be one thing, but how would one say approach a character on the grounds using platforms like Sheik does to move around platforms? I doubt there is much seeing as how Falcon is especially vulnerable from below, but if anyone can give me some ideas or something that would be good.

Or you can call me ******** for thinking that is feasible or not knowing about his great platform game. Either way.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
you can use platforms to avoid some falco lasers at times, just to try to get them to try harder to hit you and thus leave themselves vulnerable

tech chase people after you knock them on platforms with stomp/knee, or uair for easier/lesser reward

wavedashing off plats into nairs or uairs is kinda tricky and works a lot more than it should

Top Bottom