• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Advancement of Metagame thread |Updated Random ideas 10/28/10!!!

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
hiya, im new to the DK boards, so sorry if i am not knowledgeable :p.

anyways, similar to how link and toon link can throw bombs backwards out of a run by jump cancelling the throw, DK can do this with his Side-B (hopefully this is not an embarrassingly popular technique T_T). anyways, it can be a nice mindgame, i've landed a few of these against unsuspecting opponents. does anyone input regarding this?

while I am in this thread, can the boards perhaps discuss possible ledge recovery options for DK? I generally use ledgehop>uair or just the standard get-up attack.

daisho

Smash Lord
Well on a stage with slanted edges Invincible Up B is a great option. Often when there is a platform you can also use UP B to get a lagless landing. I usually try to mix it up so they can't predict what Im doing.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I usually end up ledge hopping air dodges but that's not a good idea to do a lot. Get up attack under 100 is good as long as you make sure it hits because if they suspect it then it's easily punished. Jumping is pretty good. I don't roll up much. Standing up is actually pretty good.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Sometimes, to get up, I'll Up-B and hold down, and just float up onstage. It's tough to for ledgeguarders to beat, and has invincibility on start-up, and it's not particularly punishable, since you'll get a lagless landing. This and <100 get-up attack are my favorite get-up options, but DK has plenty of good defensive options as well.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I've been playing around with the pivot grab and after a while I kinda stumbled onto this gimmicky trick. Basically if you buffer a dash attack and a pivot grab from like a Dtilt, spotdodge, or whatever you can actually boost pivot grab about 2/3 the distance of Falco's. You only get the boost if you buffer it out of something. It's pretty hard to do. He doesn't get any boost on regular dash grabs though. It looks pretty cool though and intimidating.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've been playing around with the pivot grab and after a while I kinda stumbled onto this gimmicky trick. Basically if you buffer a dash attack and a pivot grab from like a Dtilt, spotdodge, or whatever you can actually boost pivot grab about 2/3 the distance of Falco's. You only get the boost if you buffer it out of something. It's pretty hard to do. He doesn't get any boost on regular dash grabs though. It looks pretty cool though and intimidating.
vids or its impossible....

but really, I would like to see this

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
lol, @ fizwidget...

I believe you though Big O since your the main dude that finds all these things for DK. Im going to have to try this out tonight.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol it seems that people find this hard to believe. All you need to do to prove it exists is doing it in training mode in 1/4 speed. Spotdodge then towards the end of the spotdodge you 1) Tap forward (do not hold) 2) Press A 3) Press Z 4) Tap backwards (do not hold). All that has to be done before you finish the spotdodge or whatever you buffer it out of. You could even do step 4 before step 3 or press shield instead of grab. I have done it in full speed out of spotdodges and Dtilts a couple of times but it is really hard. If you try to do it without buffering you either don't slide or slide a lot less. Buffering allows you to do the boost pivot grab perfectly and the boost seems to only happen when it's done perfectly. DK is too big to go through anyone doing this though.

While running if you press backwards then grab you will slide during the pivot grab. If you press grab then backwards you will cancel any momentum you had. For some other characters it's the opposite though. Pressing grab or shield will cancel the beginning of your dash attack and pressing backwards cancels a dash grab into a pivot grab. Catching an item with the dash attack seems to prevent canceling it though (no item catching pivot grabs or dash grabs).

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I doubt it's very useful. Lol I can see this scaring somebody while you say "hands off my bread" though. I think knowing how to control your slide when pivot grabbing in general is more helpful overall.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Wow guys look at my state's PR's.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7469807&postcount=760

Everyone above me except PP plays as some sort of dk counter. And the list is kind of skewed/old. I've never lost to killer yet he's 1 above me and I recently took a set from Karn pretty convincingly. Lozr hasn't played in a month or 2 and I've made echo think that dk vs olimar is broken in DK's favor. In fact now that I think about it the only people that I've had steady trouble with are PP and Pikachu. PP is just too good he wins every event at every NC tourney he goes to and I ****ing hate the way the pikachu player plays and that matchup. With Cyphus' help I learned the Lucario matchup, which used to give me a lot of trouble, and 2 stocked zero's lucario twice in a row to win a set at the last tourney I attended. Stingers' ROB does give me trouble and Karn's used to but he doesn't play rob anymore. Flamingo has an extremely good/gay MK IMO, it improved tremendously almost overnight after meeting m2k in person at HERB. I teamed with him once and we didn't give up a single match and swept everyone convincingly in teams 2-0 and 3-0 when we got to winner and grand finals. In fact I quoted him in my sig while he was arguing that I should get a better spot on the PR's. The match he's talking about was grand finals vs echo and killer(adam). Basically campers are my kryptonite, except snakes. I've started being called the snake slayer after my set vs chillin and my display of ridiculous snake gimps in teams. Any advice vs pikachu and rob or just camping in general would be greatly appreciated. I'll give advice too if anyone has a question.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I kind of have the same problem as you. Campy players just give me so much more trouble than anyone actually willing to approach. Most notably Richbrown's Olimar and Hug's ROB. Lol playing both of them were pretty shocking experiences. I just couldn't get in at all. With Olimar the short hop pikmin toss spam is so damaging and whenever you are close enough to do anything it's pivot grab. With ROB whenever I got in like half a second later I'm not in anymore after Ftilt/Dsmash. I also have bad luck with campy Snakes. Down B hasn't really helped me that much against Olimar or Snake. Lol I never played a ROB until Hugs too.

Rag I'd appreciate some advice if you have any for those 3 characters. Especially Olimar.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Ive played Rich's Oli.

I tend to spam back air and stay in his diagonal zone. Also abuse side b. Dont be afraid to go in with Up b grounded. Although i would stray away from Down B until he becomes used to your approaches.

This might not sound too informative, but i guess when your at a tourney that im at, ill try to get a friendly in with him so i can show you.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah I figured out that aerial side b hits from a big blindspot Olimar has but I had trouble actually abusing it. Just getting in itself was really tricky. Like I would go from 0 to 60% without even touching him. If I weren't really good at gimping I'd be three stocked regularly. I guess I'll see how you handle it.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
upb approach is wonderful against olimar, because it clears pikmin and beats everything but grab and purple throw

I play rich a lot, and we're pretty even, so I think I can speak from experience here, the trick is getting him above you and doing as much damage as you can, you won't get in that many times, but it is entirely possible to take olimars stock once you are in due to his craptastic recovery. once you are in, downb and grabs help a lot, since he wants to get on the ground and will usually whistle to do it. downb pops him right back up, and shield grabs into uthrows or just throws off the ledge can let you rack up some serious damage.

also, one more thing for olimar, he has to be really careful when going for ko moves, because they're all susceptible to a well timed punch (even the grab, no grab armor)

finally, if you can force a tech chase, olimar really sucks on get up options, so pick your favorite move, because you can pretty easily land it

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7477682&postcount=315

I just posted in that thread about olimar.

For snakes the hardest part is dealing with his ground game. Snake offstage is super easy mode. Luckily for DK, his wondrous down b basically negates his opponents ground game because of it's range. For campy snakes just remember that his grenades take 3 seconds to blow up. That's plenty of time to get away/past them before they explode, or even use them to your advantage. Don't panic and don't be scared to run past grenades or go near them, just be sure they don't explode while you do. Glide tossing grenades up or down is usually a better idea than at the snake you're charging at or you'll probably take damage too. Just watch out for them trying to strip your grenades. Snakes set mental traps for you more than physical ones because of the timers on them so just don't let that get to you. They try to limit your approach options with grenades but in reality they only limit that option for the split second that they're exploding, you have plenty of time before that so use this to your advantage to help catch snakes off guard. If a snake is trying to cook grenades against you or gets too happy with grenade countering a well placed side b will break their shield almost every time if you hit their shield and the grenade. If they just shield dropped the grenade a well spaced down b will detonate it when it hits the ground and chip away at their shields to possibly break it and at least put a lot of pressure on their shields. The key in this matchup is to not let snake set up his camp game, while simultaneously staying just outside his tilt range, that is snakes trouble zone. Snake is one of the few characters where I absolutely never charge a punch first thing. Always rush them and don't let them set up their c4's/nades/mines. You have to do this smartly though or else you'll just get ftilt'ed for a quick 21. Down b will detonate grenades or his downsmash mines that are set on the ground, but not c4's so watch out for that. C4's have more range on the hitbox below them so be more careful about being below them than above them. Often times a simple short hop will prevent you from being hit by the top part of the hitbox, which doesn't nearly cover the entire visual explosion. Perfect spacing with bairs give snakes a lot of trouble, make sure you're retreating correctly and you should be ok. Side b after bair is extremely useful against snakes because there isn't too much that they can do. Juggling snake is easy too. Just punish his inevitable airdodges with up airs or whatever you want. I like jumping up towards a snake in the air that's at high %'s to bait an airdodge then fastfall and downsmash his AD lag for a kill. Snakes up tilt is really easy to predict and punching it is a lot of fun, they'll usually try to get you while you're falling down so just punch him in the ****. Snakes bane is the cargo down throw, seriously it ***** snake hard. Just walk to the edge and downthrow him off. They will likey either try to double jump and airdodge your follow up or double jump and up b. You basically have to predict which one and punish from there. The easiest way to see what they'll do is just try it once and just wait and watch, possibly using the time to charge a punch. If they recover onstage just grab their landing and do it again. If you know they're going to try to up b asap and they don't have really high %'s you can rar bair them out of their cypher, at this point they're forced to up b again and you can just double jump dair aka dk ken combo for an easy kill. If they meteor cancel with an up b don't be scared at all to go as low as you want to spike them again. You'll always trade hits with his cypher which is awesome for you, it pops you up a little bit and you now are free of any lag at all from the dair and you're now rising while he is plummeting down. Just make sure you still have your double jump if you're going extremely low. I like to do the dk ken combo I mentioned earlier at low %'s then just fall and spike them again to make sure they're dead. It's basically a free kill if you read them right after a cargo downthrow which is amazing. If they try to use their double jump towards the stage and air dodge then just wait on stage charging an f smash and punish their AD lag for a kill. That's all I can think of for now but the Snake matchup gets a lot easier when you're not intimidated by his camp game or tilts. Watch out for his nair it's nasty, I've had it make my punch clank while they continue the nair and I get hit. Just keep spacing with down b and getting snake offstage as much as possible, Those 2 things are really the keys to this matchup.

Edit: I need help with ROB guys.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well Hugs did both and basically spammed laser/gyro until I got somewhat close. I never really played ROB before that so I wasn't used to the gyro poking through my shield like 70% of the time, picking it up on the floor, and the glide tossing mix ups. After practicing a bit in training mode I got a better feel for those things but I feel like if I played another good ROB again I'd still have a really hard time approaching. Now that I think about it I don't remember approaching with grounded up b. Would that be a good approach vs ROB?

Thanks for the tips on Snake and Oli Rag. I tried using down b but it just seemed like I would either get dash attacked or Ftilted by Snake just before down b starts to hit since they both have huge range and come out practically instantly. I did start practicing punishing landing with airdodges though. I missed a Dsmash in that scenario and it cost me the set so I made sure to get the timing down. I'll also try more down b vs Olimar against his short hop pikmin toss spam since he has to land sometime. Maybe that will catch him off guard.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
The thing that gets me about rob is that his tilts have nearly as much range as ours but seem faster. If your spacing isn't perfect then they'll get you first, and if you're too far away you'll just miss and they'll projectile you.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah I think his Ftilt can hit us before our own Ftilt because DK's face sticks out. Almost everything he does is also relatively safe on block besides Dsmash which tends seems to randomly shield poke based on how far away you are. I started playing around and I'm 100% sure aerial gyro drop to punch/side b is a combo and when you side b him you can hit him with an up smash while he is still on the ground.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
My biggest problem against rob is that I just wig out about his projectiles and try to shield at the wrong time and then when I'm dropping my shield I get laser'd or gyro'd or something. I also hate trying to pick up his ****ing gyro.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I don't think they would Ftilt up close when they can Dtilt instead so I didn't mention it. Yeah I also hate picking it up since half of the time you jab it and get hurt. I think I have an easier time picking it up while walking as opposed to standing still. You can also pick it up while running by letting go of the control stick and pressing A. A lot of the time it is better than dash attacking to pick it up.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ I can never pick up the gyro, idk why.

Also when facing a Rob, always jump as soon as the match starts. They will almost always laser right away.

Luigi player

Smash Master
^ I can never pick up the gyro, idk why.

Also when facing a Rob, always jump as soon as the match starts. They will almost always laser right away.
^ You can also shield though... lol.

Some Robs laser up because they "guess" that you'll jump.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Any time the gyro is spinning, it will deflect "attacks" rather than allow the pick up animation in my experience. You can jump and air-dodge to grab it pretty effectively, but I don't know what you would want to do with it afterward. Our glide toss doesn't do much and ROB can't spawn another one as long as its on the stage.

I've noticed d-tilt more than f-tilt when you approach, too. Its faster and can shield poke pretty well if you have a small shield from blocking all the projectiles. :(

Quick question. Is there a way to punish a ROB nair? t0mmy hits me with it all the time from my failed attempts...

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
It autocancels right after the hitbox ends. The best you can hope for is a shieldgrab. If they autocancel it correctly that isn't even guaranteed though. I would try to hit him out of it with Ftilt/Utilt or capitalize on the few frames of landing lag with like down b.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
It autocancels right after the hitbox ends. The best you can hope for is a shieldgrab. If they autocancel it correctly that isn't even guaranteed though. I would try to hit him out of it with Ftilt/Utilt or capitalize on the few frames of landing lag with like down b.
I guess I just have to learn to avoid it. Thanks!

ook

Smash Lord
DK Tournament Results: The Complete Archives

All the tournaments from the beginning of Brawl (March 2008) up to the present.

DK Tournament Results!

good times... good times.... that's really what tourneys are all about

Color Code:

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
Top 25% in a tourney larger than 64 players (= to 9th out of 64)

Singles!

Africa (East Coast - Pennsylvania)

7 of 20 at Drexel Smash Organization Biweekly - 1/30/09
9 of 24 at Drexel Smash Organization Biweekly - 2/20/09
7 of 15 at DSO Biweekly 7 - 4/5/09
9 of 16 at Restricted Area - 9/26/09
9 of 27 at DSO Biweekly 10 - 11/7/09

Bigfoot (West Coast - California)

4 of 37 at EPIC Smash! IV! SSBB/SSBM Tourney! - 4/5/08
9 of 64 at FFA 2 - 4/??/08
3 of 49 at Andeh's House Tournament - 4/26/08
17 of 31 at SITB IV: Melee Vs Brawl Edition - 4/27/08
7 of 19 at 805 Tournament on the 10th - 5/10/08
65 of 192 at UCLA VI: A NEW HOPE - 5/18/08
13 of 28 at Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney II: Summer Beat - 5/24/08
33 of 65 at Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike - 7/12/08
4 of 8 at Mio's Super Secret Garage Tournament #2 - 7/23/08
33 of 84 at Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament - 8/16/08
25 of 81 at Race's Garage Tourney IV: The Dream Bout - 8/23/08
7 of 40 at Compton Surprise: A Brawl Tourney - 10/4/08
17 of 113 at Quiznos Presents Brawl VI - 12/28/08
2 of 15 at 3D Games #4 - 3/14/09
33 of 72 at Backyard Brawl - 3/14/09
3 of 17 at Ventura College weekly 1 - 3/21/09
2 of 13 at Ventura Weekly 7 - 4/3/09
7 of 14 at the 818 biweekly - 5/3/09
49 of 292 at D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS - 7/12/09
3 of 15 at Sunday Brawl in the 818 7/??/09
4 of 32 at Geeks 2 - 8/8/09
1 of 32 at Tournament and Fundraiser for Thundershock Games - 8/22/09

Big O (West Coast - California)

25 of 77 in Brawl Singles at UCLA REVIVAL II - 5/23/09

Cable (East Coast - New Jersey)

13 of 99 at Viridian City - 10/25/09

1 of 24 at Daisho's Tournament - 11/21/09

CBK (West Coast - Nevada)

2 of 38 at Atlantis Multi-Game Tournament - 3/21/08
5 of 140 at Capitol Brawl - 4/6/08
1 of 7 at Purgatory Part 1 - 4/19/08
4 of 16 at Northern Nevada Monthlies Aprizzle - 4/26/08
3 of 43 at ender's games 8 - 5/17/08
9 of 16 at Northern Nevada Monthly M-to-the-Yizzle! - 5/31/08
2 of 31 at ender's games 9 - 6/21/08
9 of 32 at Northern Nevada Monthly J-to-the-Nizzle - 6/29/08
2 of 30 at Game Crazy Brawl Tournament - 7/??/08
3 of 28 at OMG Oregon Mega Games - 7/19/08
5 of 19 at Northern Nevada Monthly Ju-wryyyyyy - 7/26/08
13 of 112 at B.I.O - Brawl in Oakland - 8/2/08
49 of 303 at AxisGaming - West Coast Majors 2008 - 8/30/08
13 of 49 at YCB Presents: 1st Annual Super Smashpalooza - 10/18/08
1 of 25 at Northern Nevada Monthly - 10/??/08
7 of 47 at TAG Monthly XVI - 11/15/08
1 of 19 at Before the Black - Game Crazy tournament - 11/22/08
7 of 23 at TC1's Tournament 2 - 12/13/08
3 of 28 at Northern Nevada Monthly Diciembre - 12/14/08
13 of 179 at West Coast Smash League - 12/20/08
4 of 19 in Singles at Northern Nevada Monthly JaNewYeary -1/24/09
1 of 9 at Biggest little tourney at peachy's place - 1/20/09
2 of 22 at Northern Nevada Monthly February - 2/14/09
7 of 16 at UC DAVIS MONTHLIES 1: LOVE JAM - 4/11/09
3 of 32 at TAG Monthly XX - 4/25/09
5 of 16 at The Final YC Monthly - 4/26/09

Cyphus (Southeast - Louisiana)

1 of 36 at Essence Fest Tournament - 7/6/08
2 of 39 at Baton Rouge Monthly #2 - 7/18/08
4 of 31 at Gameware Monthly 3 - 8/15/08
2 of 32 at Baton Rouge Monthly #4 - 9/17/08
5 of 36 at Baton Rouge Monthly #5 - 10/10/08
2 of 32 at New Orleans Monthly #1 - 10/27/08
17 of 59 at HOBO 12 - 11/8/08
9 of 33 at Baton Rouge Monthly #6 - 11/22/08
5 of 20 at Most recent tournament in LA? - 12/??/08
25 of 97 at Final Smash V: Reunion - 1/10/09
2 of 30 at Louisiana GameWare Monthly 6 - 1/17/09
4 of 26 at Louisiana Dibbz Monthly #3 - 2/1/09?
3 of 33 at LA GameWear Monthly #7 - 2/20/09
2 of 45 at Louisiana GameWare Monthly 9? - 3/20/09
33 of 140 at WORLD HOBO - 4/12/09
2 of 24 at LA Dibbz Tourney # 3 or 4 - 4/27/09
5 out of 18 at Dibbz Monthly - 5/24/09
4 of 81 at LAST 3 - 5/30/09
2 of 10 at Play'n'Trade 1 - 6/14/09
3 of 41 at GameWare 10 - 6/20/09
1 (split) of 8 at Dibbz Mini-Tourney - 7/1/09
2 of 13 at Play'n'Trade - 7/12/09
5 of 17 at Baton Rouge Monthly - 7/19/09
3 of 104 at MechaCon V - 7/25/09
3 of 11 at Smashfest at Arc's - 8/8/09
33 of 80 at O.H. S.N.A.P. 5 - 8/15/09

Daisho (East Coast - New Jersey)

7 of 9 at Powerplay Gaming - 6/27/09
9 of 19 at Powerplay Gaming - 11/7/09
13 of 24 at Daisho's Tournament - 11/21/09

Donkey Bomg (South - Texas)
5 of 30 at St Phillip's College Tournament - 11/21/09

Demp (Midwest - Michigan)

25 of 55 at WestBloomfield Smash Tournament - 7/13/09
17 of 48 at Digital Ops Brawl - 8/1/09
17 of 32 at Ann Arbor-GYGO - 8/15/09

DLA (Midwest - Illinois)

5 of 29 at Play N Trade I - 12/20/08 (Also used Ganondorf)

D0N (Australia - Bathurst)

1 of 13 at Smokers Brawl - 5/10/09
4 of 17 at Smash or Die 7 - 6/14/09
3 of ?? Atlanta Revival II Monthly - 7/11/09
4 of 34 at YOU'RE TOO GOODS, OATS PRO!!! - 8/23/09
3 of 25 at Boost IV - 9/26/09
5 of 84 at Rocky (Australia 09 nationals) - 10/11/09
4 of 37 at Boost IV - 11/7/09
3 of 42 at Stigma-B Final - 11/22/09

Falco400 (Midwest - Ohio)

7 of 34 at Test Your Might III - 12/27/08 (Also used Wolf and Diddy)

F_T_S (Australia - Sydney)

5 of 20 at Sydney Can't Beat Novacastria - 4/12/09

Grape **** (East Coast - Pennsylvania)

13 of 24 at Drexel Smash Organization Biweekly - 2/20/09
1 of 14 at York PA College Tournament - 3/29/09
1 of 17 at Harrisburg Mall, PA. - 10/17/09

Imainlowtier (Midwest - Michigan)

17 of 33 at [LoLiS] Legacy of Legends in Smash III - 10/17/09

highandmightyjoe (East Coast - Virginia)

7 of 23 at Something2Do - 12/27/08

Jingo Joe (South - Texas)

7 of 24 at PBT6 - 12/13/08

Jmex (West Coast - California)

4 of 23 at Oscular's 562 tourny - 5/31/08
25 of 65 at Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike - 7/12/08
3 of 16 at 562 Brawl Garage Tournament (SinglesOnly) - 8/15/08
25 of 84 at Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament - 8/16/08
13 of 81 at Race's Garage Tourney IV: The Dream Bout - 8/23/08
4 of 38 at QUIZNOS PRESENTS BRAWL II - 8/24/08
5 of 35 at Shuffle and Cut Weeklies - 9/6/08
13 of 82 at QUIZNOS PRESENTS BRAWL III - 9/28/08
5 of 40 at Compton Surprise: A Brawl Tourney - 10/4/08
49 of 102 at Race's Brawl Tournament V: Smashtoberfest 10/8/08
2 of 11 at Race's Last Min. Garage Tourney - 10/23/08
17 of 67 at Quiznos Presents Brawl IV - 10/25/08
17 of 85 at Quiznos Presents Brawl V - 11/30/08
17 of 87 at Race's Brawl Tournament VI: Mark of the Millenium - 12/14/08
7 of 36 at Palmdale Bi-Weekly - 1/3/09
17 of 32 in Amateur Bracket at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - 3/28/09
25 of 32 in Pro Bracket at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - 3/28/09
17 of 97 at Quiznos Presents Brawl IX - 3/29/09
5 of 21 at The Justice League Presents-818 Brawl Vol.4 - 04/10/09
5 of 13 at Takeda in his Mystic Realm III - 05/09/09
17 of 77 at UCLA REVIVAL II - 5/23/09
17 of 57 at Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney - 7/25/09
25 of 46 at ACTIVE GAMERS: The Return; July 25/26; SSBM&B - 7/26/09
5 of 17 in Singles at Onett - 07/18/09
9 of 32 at Geeks 2 - 8/8/09
17 of 89 at B.I.O. 3 - 8/22/09

Justin Wiles (Nova Scotia)

7 of 31 at Return to Castle FALCON PUNCH 2009 - 1/12/09

Kalm (Southeast - Alabama)

9 of 35 at TCS IV - 2/7/09
7 of 32 at Brawling At the Game Galaxy II - 2/28/09

KENYU (Southeast - Florida)

7 of 24 at ATL South VENGEANCE '08 Orlando, Florida - 11/15/08

Kovu V. Nuka (South - Texas)

5 of 10 at Tarrant County Community College tournament - 4/30/09

Kyuzu (East Coast/Midwest - Virginia/Kentucky)

7 of 23 at Something2Do - 12/27/08

M7H (West Coast - California)

33 of 59 at The Princesses' Brawl Tournament -1/24/09
33 of 91 at SCSA West Coast Circuit - Tournament #2 - 1/31/09
25 of 72 at Backyard Brawl II - 3/14/09
13 of 32 in Amateur Bracket at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - 3/28/09
25 of 32 in Pro Bracket at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - 3/28/09
9 of 39 at Backyard Brawl III!! - 4/4/09
4 of 15 at The Return of Totoro Brawl Tournament - 4/5/09
33 of 59 at Race's Tourney VII: Re-ignitionBrawl - 4/18/09
25 of 86 at Quiznos - The Finale 4/25/09
7 of 13 at at Takeda in his Mystic Realm III - 5/9/09
25 of 57 at Backyard Brawl IV - 5/16/09
17 of 77 at UCLA REVIVAL II - 5/23/09
5 of 22 at Geeks - 5/24/09
9 of 16 at KickBack Brawl IV - 7/7/09
9 of 26 at Los Angeles Smashers UNITE! - 7/14/09
7 of 25 at World 1-2 - 7/21/09
13 of 57 at Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney - 7/25/09
9 of 46 at ACTIVE GAMERS: The Return; July 25/26; SSBM&B -/25/09
13 of 32 at Geeks 2 - 8/8/09
9 of 89 at B.I.O. 3 - 8/22/09

Micaelis (Southeast - Georgia)

7 of 25 at WABA September Monthly - 9/??/09
9 of 24 at WABA October Monthly - 10/??/09
1 of 45 at GT Gamefest 2009 - 10/??/09

Nash123 (West Coast - California)

5 of 25 at TAG monthly XXI - 5/30/09

NatP (Europe - Portugal)

1 of 23 at Smash Portugal National Tournament #2 - 10/3/09

OmniOstrich (East Coast - North Carolina)

5 of 20 at *P*L*U*R* Presents "Prez buttanz n' junck!" - 12/6/08

ook (Midwest - Illinois)

9 of 45 at All You Can Brawl - 5/31/08
5 of 37 at Cyber Arena I - 6/13/08
5 of 27 at Cyber Arena II - 7/11/08
3 of 21 at Cyber Arena IV - 8/8/08
7 of 21 at Cyber Arena V - 8/21/08
5 of 28 at Chicago End of Summer Tourney - 8/30/08
7 of 18 at Cyber Arena VI - 9/5/08
17 of 44 at Well Thought Out Name, Midwest Circuit Event - 9/13/08
4 of 18 at Cyber Arena VII - 9/20/08
13 of 27 at Cyber Arena VIII - 10/18/08
9 of 29 at Cyber Arena IX - 11/15/08
9 of 32 at FBT4: FudgeButtTits4 - 11/28/08
13 of 44 at Cyber Arena X - 12/13/08
5 of 29 at Play N Trade I - 12/20/08
9 of 41 at Play N Trade II - 1/10/09
2 of 34 at Play N Trade III - 2/7/09
1 of 22 at Cyber Arena I Season 2 - 2/21/09
17 of 49 at Lucario is Paw-some! MWC East Event #1 - 3/7/09
2 of 27 at Play N Trade IV - 3/14/09
3 of 59 at FBT6 - West Circuit Event #2 - 3/21/09
1 of 11 at Cyber Arena II Season 2 - 3/28/09
3 of 16 at Chicken Coop Smash - 4/4/09
9 of 92 at C4 Galore MWC: East Event #2 - 4/11/09
17 of 44 at MvI: Clash Of Brokeness: Battle of Truthiness - 4/25/09
7 of 37 at LPC2:RB - 5/2/09
2 of 47 at Play N Trade V - 5/16/09
9 of 39 at MvI: Clash of Brokeness V - 5/30/09
9 of 32 at MvI: Clash of Brokenness VI - 6/27/09
9 of 40 at Clash Of Brokenness championship event - 7/25/09
17 of 32 at ISA Presents: Smash Orientation 2009 - 8/29/09
9 of 31 at Most Powerful Shinobi - 9/12/09
1 of 31 at MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S.) - 10/10/09
2 of 16 at Team IOWA's "Monthly" Smashfests 3 - 10/17/09
9 of 24 at MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S): Screaming Cat Piss Edition - 11/14/09
9 of 27 at MOST ANGRIEST SHINOBI (M.A.S.) : Broken Chairs Edition - 12/5/09

The Pope (East Coast - New Jersey)

13 of 167 at Play 'n' Trade - NYC - 10/18/08

49 of 72 at H2yl Presents: Critical Hit 4.5 - 12/13/08
49 of 97 in singles at Road to Viridian City 1/31/09
9 of 33 at Gauntlet - 6/27/09

Powuh of PIE (East Coast - North Carolina)

2nd of 28 at ACM Charlotte Brawl Tourney - 10/18/08

RabidJackal (West Coast - Idaho)

1 of 18 at IDAHO RANKINGS TOURNEY - 3/28/09
1 of 8 at Churro presents: G.I. Joe - 11/28/09

Ragnarok (East Coast - North Carolina)

5 of ?? at NC-Echo and Lord Karn Present Super Special Awesome Billcake - 9/20/08
3 of 20 at * P*L*U*R* Presents "Prez buttanz n' junck!" - 12/6/08
4 of ??? at PLUR presents, peace, love, unity, RAAAAAAAAAAAAPE - 1/10/09
9 of 43 at H.E.R.B. Gboro, NC - 3/21/09
3 of 23 at Rawful of Smash Winston-Salem NC - 5/17/09
7 of ??? at *P*L*U*R* Presents: HE IS ENTERTAINER!! - 6/20/09
9 of 70 at HERB 2 - 8/1/09
2 of 16 at Duke Bi-weekly - 12/5/09

Ranjiz (East Coast - New York)

3 of 17 at Rochester - 12/6/08

Ripple (Midwest - Illinois)

2 of 16 at W.A.I.T. What? An Illinois Tournament? - 7/25/08
5 of 16 at Midwest Sh**s on people 3, Midwest Circuit Event - 7/26/08
17 of 46 at Rofa's Midwest Circuit Event - 8/16/08
5 of 64 at Midwest Circuit Championship - 1/17/09
25 of 49 at Lucario is Paw-some! MWC East Event #1 - 3/7/09
13 of 92 at C4 Galore MWC: East Event #2 - 4/11/09
13 of 53 at Kahoka Me Your Moves - 5/3/09
49 of 292 at D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS - 7/12/09
3 of 16 at Team IOWA's "Monthly" Smashfests 3 - 10/17/09
2 of 24 at Aerial Rave - 11/7/09

Silfa (Australia - Canberra)

17 of 84 at Rocky (Australia 09 nationals) - 10/11/09
13 of 37 at Boost VI - 11/8/09

SomeRandomKid (West Coast - California)

3 of 31 at UCSB Brawl + Melee Tournament - 5/16/09

Stannum (Canada - Ontario)

25 of 53 at Smash Brothers Victory at Pownz gaming centre - 5/18/09
17 of 48 at Havoc in the Hammer - 8/15/09

Thrillagorilla (West Coat - Oregon)

7 of 18 at PRI Smash - 6/28/09

theultimodragon (East Coast - Pennsylvania)

7 of 20 at Drexel Smash Organization Biweekly - 1/30/09
9 of 24 at Drexel Smash Organization Biweekly - 2/20/09
7 of 15 at DSO Biweekly 7 - 4/5/09 (Also used Wario)

Will (East Coast - Long Island)

17 of 35 at Bum's BX Weekly - 12/5/08
9 of 42 at Castle Smashfest 2 Centereach, LI - 12/13/08
2 of 15 at Battlegrounds Mastic Beach, LI - 12/26/08
1 of 15 at Play N Trade Stony Brook, LI - 1/4/09
9 of 29 at Castle Smash Night. Get ***** 2nasty - 1/17/09
2 of 20 at Battlegrounds- Mastic, LI - 1/30/09
7 of 21 at Castle Smash Get Rocked by Spam - 2/28/09
7 of 29 at Castle Smash V Please Come M2K! - 4/25/09
65 of 96 at APEX - 5/10/09
17 of 47 at Knightmare presents: Game Table - 6/13/09
1 of 13 at Play n Trade- Bayshore, NY - 6/21/09
1 of 30 at Play n Trade- Port Jefferson Station, NY - 6/28/09
33 of 141 at SNES - 8/22/09
17 of 56 at The Gauntlet - 9/5/09
9 of 39 at The Gauntlet at Play N Trade in NYC - 10/3/09
9 of 53 at Daphne I at The Game Table in Mineola, NY - 10/10/09
9 of 99 at Viridian City - 10/25/09
3 of 37 at Bum presents Gamer's Tournament - 11/7/09

Writer (Midwest - Michigan)

25 of 43 at Legacy of Legends in Smash I - 9/19/09

ZxChrono (West Coast - California)

6 of 32 at Gamestop Tournament, Alhambra - 9/20/08
9 of 64 at Anime Los Angeles Convention Brawl Tournament - 1/3/09

Doubles!

Big O (West Coast - California)

13 of 24 in at UCLA REVIVAL II - 5/23/09

Bigfoot (West Coast - California)

17 of 20 at Andeh's House Tournament - 4/26/08
9 of 11 at SITB IV: Melee Vs Brawl Edition - 4/27/08
5 of 8 at 805 Tournament on the 10th - 5/10/08
5 of 27 at Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike - 7/12/08
25 of 39 at Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament - 8/16/08
17 of 38 at Race's Garage Tourney IV: The Dream Bout - 8/23/08
7 of 14 at Compton Surprise: A Brawl Tourney - 10/4/08
3 of ?? at Geeks 2 - 8/8/09

Cable (East Coast - New Jersey)

5 of 10 at Daisho's Tournament - 11/21/09

CBK (West Coast - Nevada)
5 of 16 at ender's games 8 - 5/17/08
2 of 31 at ender's games 9 - 6/21/08
9 of 18 at OMG Oregon Mega Games - 7/19/08
1 of 8 at Northern Nevada Monthly Ju-wryyyyyy - 7/26/08
3 of 34 at B.I.O. - Brawl in Oakland - 8/2/08
9 of 20 at TAG Monthly XVI - 10/15/08
2 of 12 at TC1's Tournament 2 - 12/13/08

9 of 46 at West Coast Smash League - 12/20/08
1 of 6 at The Biggest Little Doubles Tournament - 1/31/09

Cyphus (Southeast - Louisiana)

5 of ?? at HOBO 12 - 11/8/08
7 of 26 at Final Smash V: Reunion - 1/10/09
2 of 10 at Louisiana Dibbz Monthly #3 - 2/1/09?
2 of 8 at Louisiana GameWare Monthly 9? - 3/20/09
2 of 6 at LA Dibbz Tourney # 3 or 4 - 4/27/09
2 of 31 at LAST 3 - 5/30/09
7 of 35 at O.H. S.N.A.P. 5 - 8/15/09

Daisho (East Coast - New Jersey)

5 of 9 at Powerplay Gaming - 11/7/09

D0N (Australia - Bathurst)

2 of 4 at Smash or Die 7 - 6/14/09
1 of ?? at Smokers Brawl - 5/10/09
3 of 13 at Boost IV - 9/26/09
13 of 35 at Rocky (Australia 09 nationals) - 10/11/09 doubles
3 of 18 at Boost IV - 11/8/09
1 of 17 at Stigma-B Final - 11/22/09

Donkey Bong (South - Texas)

9 of 26 at Final Smash V: Reunion - 1/10/09

F_T_S (Australia - Sydney)

2 of 10 at Sydney Can't Beat Novacastria - 4/12/09

Grape **** (East Coast - Pennsylvania)

13 of 36 at H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4.5 - 12/13/08

Jmex (West Coast - California)

2 of 12 at Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney II: Summer Beat - 5/24/08
5 of 11 at Oscular's 562 tourny - 5/31/08
13 of 27 at Race's -562- Brawl Garage Tourney III: 3rd Strike - 7/12/08
7 of 39 at Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament - 8/16/08
9 of 38 at Race's Garage Tourney IV: The Dream Bout - 8/23/08
1 of 14 at QUIZNOS PRESENTS BRAWL II - 8/24/08
4 of 11 at Shuffle and Cut Weeklies - 9/6/08
4 of 32 at QUIZNOS PRESENTS BRAWL III - 9/28/08
3 of 14 at Compton Surprise: A Brawl Tourney - 10/4/08
13 of 37 at Race's Brawl Tournament V: Smashtoberfest 10/8/08
3 of 17 at Quiznos Presents Brawl IV - 10/25/08
5 of 28 at Quiznos Presents Brawl V - 11/30/08
9 of 27 at Race's Brawl Tournament IV: Mark of the Millenium - 12/14/08
4 of 15 at Palmdale Bi-Weekly - 1/3/09
5 of 23 at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - 3/28/09
13 of 29 at Quiznos Presents Brawl IX - 3/29/09
17 of 32 at Winter Game Fest '09 - 01/17/09
5 of 9 at The Justice League Presents-818 Brawl Vol.4 - 04/10/09
9 of 25 at Quiznos - The Finale - 04/25/09
9 of 19 at Back Yard Brawl - 05/16/09
17 of 24 in at UCLA REVIVAL II - 5/23/09
13th of 24 at Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney - 7/25/09
Jul 26: 9th of 17 in Brawl Doubles, 25 of 46 at ACTIVE GAMERS: The Return; July 25/26; SSBM&B - 7/26/09
1 of 8 in Doubles at Onett - 7/18/09
5 of ?? at Geeks 2 - 8/8/09

Justin Wiles (Nova Scotia)

1 of 9 at Return to Castle FALCON PUNCH 2009 - 1/12/09

OmniOstrich (East Coast - North Carolina)

4 of 10 at * P*L*U*R* Presents "Prez buttanz n' junck!" - 12/6/08

M7H (West Coast - California)

13 of 23 at The Princesses' Brawl Tournament -1/24/09
13 of 36 at Quiznos VII - 1/25/09
25 of 46 at SCSA West Coast Circuit - Tournament #2 - 1/31/09
4 of 26 at Backyard Brawl II - 3/14/09
13 of 23 at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - 3/28/09
9 of 14 at Backyard Brawl III!! - 4/4/09
13 of 23 at Race's Tourney VII: Re-ignitionBrawl - 4/18/09
7 of 25 at Quiznos - The Finale 4/25/09
9 of 19 at Backyard Brawl IV - 5/16/09
17 of 24 in at UCLA REVIVAL II - 5/23/09
4 of 12 at KickBack Brawl IV - 7/7/09
3 of 8 at World 1-2 - 7/21/09
7 of 24 at Race's Tourney VIII: Rina-Chan's Farewell Tourney - 7/25/09

ook (Midwest - Illinois)

7 of 8 at Cyber Arena V - 8/21/08
4 of 10 at Chicago End of Summer Tourney - 8/30/08
1 of 4 at Cyber Arena VI - 9/5/08
17 of 21 at Well Thought Out Name, Midwest Circuit Event - 9/13/08
3 of 8 at Cyber Arena VII - 9/20/08
9 of 12 at Cyber Arena VIII - 10/18/08
1 of 9 at Cyber Arena IX - 11/15/08
7 of 19 at FBT4: FudgeButtTits4 - 11/28/08
3 of 14 at Cyber Arena X - 12/13/08
3 of 9 at Play N Trade I - 12/20/08
9 of 14 at Play N Trade II - 1/10/09
3 of 9 at Play N Trade III - 2/7/09
9 of 21 at 17 of 49 at Lucario is Paw-some! MWC East Event #1 - 3/7/09
2 of 9 at Play N Trade IV - 3/14/09
7 of 37 at C4 Galore MWC: East Event #2 - 4/11/09
9 of 11 at MvI: Clash Of Brokeness: Battle of Truthiness - 4/25/09
3 of 16 at LPC2:RB - 5/2/09
5 of 16 at Play N Trade V - 5/16/09
4 of 15 at MvI: Clash of Brokenness VI - 6/27/09
7 of 15 at Clash Of Brokenness championship event - 7/25/09
2 of 7 at Team IOWA's "Monthly" Smashfests 3 - 10/17/09

The Pope (East Coast - New Jersey)

17 of 36 at H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4.5 - 12/13/08
9 of 32 at Road to Viridian City 1/31/09

RabidJackal (West Coast - Idaho)

2 of 7 at IDAHO RANKINGS TOURNEY - 3/28/09

Ragnarok (East Coast - North Carolina)

2 of 10 at * P*L*U*R* Presents "Prez buttanz n' junck!" - 12/6/08
2 of ?? at PLUR presents, peace, love, unity, RAAAAAAAAAAAAPE - 1/10/09
1 of 18 at Mission Impossibil - 4/18/09

1 of 12 at *P*L*U*R* Presents' 3: The Return of the Re-emergence of the Revenge - 5/2/09
2 of ??? at *P*L*U*R* Presents: HE IS ENTERTAINER!! - 6/20/09
9 of 30 at HERB 2 - 8/1/09?
3 of 14 at Gimp Me Gently - 8/22/09
1 of ?? at NCSU Smash Stacks - 10/17/09
3 of 8 at Duke Bi-weekly - 12/5/09

Ripple (Midwest - Illinois)

5 of 12 at Midwest Sh**s on people 3, Midwest Circuit Event - 7/26/08
13 of 28 at Rofa's Midwest Circuit Event - 8/16/08
9 of 21 at 17 of 49 at Lucario is Paw-some! MWC East Event #1 - 3/7/09
7 of 37 at C4 Galore MWC: East Event #2 - 4/11/09
17 of 20 at Kahoka Me Your Moves - 5/3/09
2 of 7 at Team IOWA's "Monthly" Smashfests 3 - 10/17/09

thrillagorilla (West Coast - Oregon)

13 of 33 at TourneyPlay - 6/7/09
3 of 8 at PRI Smash - 6/28/09

Sinfa (Australia - Canberra)

5 of 18 at Boost VI - 11/8/09

Will (East Coast - Long Island)

5 of 13 at Castle Smashfest 2 Centereach, LI - 12/13/08
2 of 4 at Battlegrounds Mastic Beach, LI - 12/26/08

9 of 31 at Viridian City at The E Spot in Jersey City, NJ - 10/25/09
1 of 10 at Bum presents Gamer's Tournament - 11/7/09

daisho

Smash Lord
What can DDD do against DKs planking? Cause if nothing then we can just do some damage and plank... if DDD is gonna be gay and chaingrab we may as well be gay and plank.

daisho

Smash Lord
He could probably bair you (which would stage spike)

since he has multiple jumps and stuff, so he can just kinda float there
Yeah but if he jumps off then we can hit him with our up b... or bair. We want him off the stage so if he did that then we basically win.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yeah the weak part of the up b gimps very well. After trying to see what attacks can't be grabed I noticed that D3's grab is very low to the ground. As long as you are like a foot off the ground his grab whiffs unless you are really close. His grab also whiffs when he is near the ledge after a Dthrow. I couldn't figure out why though. It just works *shrugs*.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I feel like I have a lot of bad habits with DK that if I could break I would do a lot better. There are certain situations where I always do the same thing and it's getting me punished. It seems I only do it with DK though because when I play other characters I play differently. I can't quite pinpoint each situation because if I could I would try my hardest to break them. Off the top of my head I probably just do the normal stand up from the ledge and the ground way too much. It works in tourneys because people hardly expect it but when playing friendlies with the people I play daily it gets my **** ****ed up sometimes. What are some bad or good habits that you guys have?

Top Bottom