• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I hope you are aware of the fact that I made 3 people post on the page beforehand so I would be able to post the moveset I have ready, and additionally you went against the rules by doubleposting. <.<
I'm sorry, I honestly didn't realize that you had a set ready, and that you were requesting posts. I really feel bad. I understand if you deduct votes in the end.

And there's no excuse for the double post. I'm sorry. :(

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I must admit, I'm rather impressed, Wiz. This is a huge step up in terms of detail (almost overly so), creativity (just right, without going nuts), and organization (absolutely incredibly better, unrecognizable from the guy who made Bundt).

I've always been partial to Tingle; the little guy is woefully underrated and unjustly hated. You did him plenty of justice here, and I'm fond of quite a few attacks, especially Up Smash, because scarecrows are just that awesome and you did some cool things with one.

There are a few more prop moves than I usually like, and that compass picture is waaaay too big, but this is definitely one of those movesets with tons of character and I certainly enjoyed reading it. This basically solidifies you as a great newcomer, Wiz.

I'd rebuke you for stealing Spade's page, but since I've double-posted to get a fresh page in the past myself, it would make me the most appalling hypocrite.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Tingle's moves are more coherent than they may seem, which is lucky, considering that they are so weak apart.
Tingle is a great set Wizzerd; it has plenty of detail, and has some interesting moves, especially the Olive Branch, which is a great concept, and you pulled it off well.
The extras are fairy standard (c wut i did thar?), Tingle is a unique enough character from a big enough series to warrant at least a stage, if not an AT or an SSE role, but that's just me.

However, my main gripe with this set comes from this quote above, or to be precise, the untruth of this- Tingle is an extremely broken character. A large amount of his moves have strong KO potential, and many have large knockback, and those that don't either trap the opponent, deal large damage, or have a secondary effect that is beneficial to Tingle. The fact that Tingle can link a lot of these deadly attacks doesn't help his balance.

I think the set is great, but there are some glaring flaws.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I must admit, I'm rather impressed, Wiz. This is a huge step up in terms of detail (almost overly so), creativity (just right, without going nuts), and organization (absolutely incredibly better, unrecognizable from the guy who made Bundt).
Thanks. I'm glad about the detail, although if you thought it was just right then MW will rip me apart for it. Yeah, I may have went overboard with creativity, but Tingle just has so much potential for creativity. Yeah, I ripped off your organization a bit, with bolded, size 3, colored headers, because I realized I had really odd organization in my sets.

I've always been partial to Tingle; the little guy is woefully underrated and unjustly hated. You did him plenty of justice here, and I'm fond of quite a few attacks, especially Up Smash, because scarecrows are just that awesome and you did some cool things with one.
I'm guilty of once hating him, but I've warmed to him quite a bit. Yeah, I was concerned about balance in the USmash a bit, but I liked the idea so I kept it in.

There are a few more prop moves than I usually like, and that compass picture is waaaay too big, but this is definitely one of those movesets with tons of character and I certainly enjoyed reading it. This basically solidifies you as a great newcomer, Wiz.
I love prop moves. :bee: You should have seen the massive image I had for the UTilt when I first posted it. I wanted a cel-shaded graphic and that was the only one I could find, but now it's a non-cel-shaded smaller image. And yay!

I'd rebuke you for stealing Spade's page, but since I've double-posted to get a fresh page in the past myself, it would make me the most appalling hypocrite.
Thanks, but in this case somebody was waiting for the page. Oh well. :(

Tingle is a great set Wizzerd; it has plenty of detail, and has some interesting moves, especially the Olive Branch, which is a great concept, and you pulled it off well.
Thanks. I've had problems with originality and detail. Oddly enough, Olive Branch was one of my least favorite moves, but thanks.

The extras are fairy standard (c wut i did thar?), Tingle is a unique enough character from a big enough series to warrant at least a stage, if not an AT or an SSE role, but that's just me.
I c wut u did thar. Yeah, I found the extra extras really hard to write for Bundt, but they were fun to write and maybe I'll add them later.

However, my main gripe with this set comes from this quote above, or to be precise, the untruth of this- Tingle is an extremely broken character. A large amount of his moves have strong KO potential, and many have large knockback, and those that don't either trap the opponent, deal large damage, or have a secondary effect that is beneficial to Tingle. The fact that Tingle can link a lot of these deadly attacks doesn't help his balance.
*runs off crying*

Yeah. I actually made a conscious effort to balance it this time, seeing how broken Bundt and Medli were. I actually had concerns that it was underpowered. I hate balance, hate hate hate it, but you're right. Nearly all of them special, beneficial effects. I probably will go over it sometime.

I think the set is great, but there are some glaring flaws.
All right. I really have problems with balance.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wizzerd. I believe you've just changed my opinion of Tingle's playability in SSB4, just like you said you would. Unbelievable. That can actually work. Post the link in the Official SSB4 Discussion thread. lol

Edit: Sorry for lame comment. My internet is failing hard and had to make it quick.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Wizzerd. I believe you've just changed my opinion of Tingle's playability in SSB4, just like you said you would. Unbelievable. That can actually work. Post the link in the Official SSB4 Discussion thread. lol

Edit: Sorry for lame comment. My internet is failing hard and had to make it quick.
Thanks. I posted the link it the SSB4 thread, good idea. I have to say I doubt that Sakurai wouldn't really be able to use moves like the FTilt and USmash in a real Smash game, but it was sort of my goal to show that Tingle has potential, and I'm glad I got it so that it worked. :bee:

Also, I have a question for anyone who's experienced with Make Your Move. I'm considering making an X-Naut moveset. However, X-Naut is claimed by Twilight-Emblem in his link-up space. Twilight-Emblem hasn't posted a moveset in the 113 pages so far in the thread. Is it okay for me to make an X-Naut moveset? I realize that multiple versions of the same character are allowed, but I don't want to steal anybody's thunder.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
For Tingle, I love everything about the moveset...yet I still hate him as a character. =\ I doubt anything could change that, though.

The only problem is that the Final Smash seems underpowered. On a Medium/Large stage (at least with a pretty fast character) grabbing ten Rupees and running away seems too easy. Not too big of a problem, though. Nice moveset. :)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Rayman:

:UP+B:helicopter
:LEFT+B:extended super punch
:DOWN+B:lums explosion
:B:lum power blast

yeah, that would be nicccccccce...

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Is the Rayman thing a joke...?

Sidenote: My next moveset is gonna be The Lone Wanderer (The person you play as in Fallout 3).

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Also, I have a question for anyone who's experienced with Make Your Move. I'm considering making an X-Naut moveset. However, X-Naut is claimed by Twilight-Emblem in his link-up space. Twilight-Emblem hasn't posted a moveset in the 113 pages so far in the thread. Is it okay for me to make an X-Naut moveset? I realize that multiple versions of the same character are allowed, but I don't want to steal anybody's thunder.
If he hasn't posted a move set at all, then I'm gonna say that the guy's "dead" regarding MYM. Go right ahead and make X-Naut.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
You know what wizzerd? Before I saw this, I despised you for even attempting to make a Tingle set, but now that I've seen it, I can honestly admit I was wrong.
Tingle's a great set, original and creative(he's stretching the borders there though) While he does have many random moves that wouldn't go well alone, they somehow all seem to fit together when combined.
Personally, I don't see how the Up-Smash is broken at all, your opponent has to go near the scarecrow in the first place, and they may just fake it and jump over, leaving you helpless to defend yourself. But overall, I don't think you gauged his attack power correctly.... it should be around six, at least. Tingle has may KO moves, and they're all a little unpredictable by themselves, not to mention if you were to chain them. Overall, Tingle is a positive, but he's pretty strong for a little guy.
Also, come on, he's Tingle. I can't give him a bad review, it's just not physically possible. All the tight-wearing fanboys in Japan would be after me.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

You have warmed my heart, Wiz. I am going to review this little baby after my Alphonse and Medli reviews (WHICH ARE COMING, GIVE ME TIME!).

twss

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

"So you think you know what 'poison' means?"
ACID SEAFORCE
has gone maverick!

(Click the image for a video)

Acid Seaforce (Toxic Seahorse outside of Japan) is a maverick in Megaman X3. He is similar to the enemy in Terminator 2, as he is composed of an acid slimey material that he can use to change his shape at will. He inhabits a toxic waste dump that doubled as a dam. The power he gives Megaman is called Acid Burst, which fires a small blob of acid that bursts apart upon hitting an obstacle.

Acid Damage
Since Acid Seaforce spends much of his time transforming his body into corrosive slime, it’s only natural that he be able to actually burn enemies with his acidic powers. Many attacks in Seaforce’s arsenal will inflict “acid damage’. When an enemy has been struck by one of these attacks, they will receive a special type of poisoning effect. For 10 seconds, the enemy inflicted with acid damage will take 1% a second as their body burns away. An enemy inflicted with acid damage will have a greenish tint to them to indicate this effect. If an enemy is hit by an acid damage attack while already under its effect, the 10 seconds will be reset, prolonging the pain.

Screen Name: Seaforce
Size: 9/10 - His main body (minus the neck/head and tail) is about the size of Captain Falcon. However, those long appendages at the ends of his body cause his size to increase. Fortunately, he still doesn’t cover the same total area as DK or Bowser, and his neck is bent forwards to further keep him within a reasonable size. His regular height in his basic stance is just enough for his head be below the lower platforms on Battlefield, and his tail is slightly longer than Ike’s Sword.

Weight: 7/10 - Since most of his size comes from his neck and tail, he’s lighter than you might think. He is still on the heavy side, being around the same weight as Samus.
(Running) Speed: 5.5/10 - Above average, but not by much. Acid Seaforce trudges along not really doing anything special.
Traction: 9/10 - Despite his long tail, Seforce has gotten a handle on controlling himself due to all the transformations he has learned to control.
First Jump: 8/10 - Seaforce has no problems lifting himself up from the gound
Second Jump: 4/10 - Unfortunately, we can’t say the same thing once he’s already in the air.
Aerial Movement: 6/10 - It’s decent. Nothing more, nothing less
Fall Speed: 5/10 - He isn’t floaty, but he won’t be earning any fast-faller awards either.
Crouch: 10/10 - Seaforce's crouch is extremely good. His whole body transforms into slimey liquid, falling down and becoming a small puddle on the floor that is the width of Kirby and only slightly taller than the ground, only able to be knocked out of it by a move close to the ground. However, as a downside, Seaforce has to rise up back to his regular form, which takes longer than usual crouches to end, so only get up if you're sure to be safe.

Crawl: 8/10 - Seaforce - in his puddle state - slowly slides forward just like a bunch of slime would move. Using the attack button in this state will trigger the Down Tilt. This crawl is great since it retains the low height of Seaforce’s crouch combined with his quick DTilt, but it goes slowly which keeps it from achieving a perfect score.

Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.

Jab Combo

Spider's Kiss
Seaforce bends his neck so his head is a little closer to the ground, but not by much. Out of the beak, a disgusting green liquid starts to leak down onto the floor. It's basically a small "waterfall" of Seaforce's saliva... or so it looks like. By holding the attack button, Seaforce continues to drool, making it an infinite combo from the first part on, until you release. If you press the attack button only once, Seaforce will drool for a second before stopping. The stream is as wide as one of Ness' PK Fire pillars and reaches the ground where it becomes acidic steam (The steam doesn’t do anything), and it is disjointed. It's only shortly ahead of Seaforce, so it can be a risky attack. If someone is touched by Sefaorce's salivating, they will receive 5% damage with acid damage, and no knockback, but instead will be stunned for a moment, making a disgusted face and wiping the slime off their bodies. They will be pushed out of range from the stream to prevent an infinite. There is average startup lag, but nearly no ending lag to this move, allowing it to be used with a follow-up move!

Dash Attack

Hit and Run

From his dashing animation which has him rushing forwards with his tail curled up a bit more than usual, Acid Seaforce turns into a wheel of slime that is the size of Jigglypuff with low startup lag and not affecting his momentum as he transforms. Now, this move works similarly to the wheel power from Kirby Superstar. Acid Seaforce will keep moving forwards while in this form as quickly as Captain Falcon’s dash, and yes he can roll right off of platforms if you don’t pay attention. You can turn around by pressing the control stick in the opposite direction, and in this form Seaforce has as much traction as King Dedede. The entirety of wheel-Seaforce has low priority and deals 7% with below average knockback and acid damage. Seaforce will stay in this form until you press A again, in which case he will “hit the breaks” and come to a halt while changing back to his normal form, giving the move average end lag. Acid Seaforce will not enter free-fall if he changes back while in midair.

Forward Tilt

Shoulder Breaker
Acid Seaforce quickly pulls his right arm back as he prepares to deliver a powerful thrusting punch while turning his entire arm into slime. But wait, he was so hasty in changing his arm that as he’s pulling his arm back, it breaks off! His slimy arm falls backwards behind himself and is completely outstretched, giving the move great horizontal range behind Seaforce. The entire arm is a hitbox of below average priority that deals 5% with below average knockback and acid damage. If falls more or less straight down until it hits something but also slightly horizontal, moving away from Seaforce of course.

But what about the punch Seaforce was attempting! Well, the maverick will still follow through on the punch animation, however all he will be attacking with is an empty shoulder socket with small electrical sparks emitting from it as Seaforce essentially performs a shoulder barge. The sparks reach as far forwards as Zamus’ DSmash, are disjointed, and deal 8% with below average knockback. There is low startup lag to start the move and break off the arm, and the total time it takes from the start of the move to the shoulder barge is equivalent to below average startup lag. There is below average end lag to the move as Seaforce returns to his regular stance and a new arm forms in his shoulder.

Up Tilt

Bubble Bobble
Turning only his head into slime, Seaforce starts to fill it with air, essentially turning his head into a bubble. The bubble will expand until it reaches the size of Kirby, and then it will pop in a blast of acid. The blast will cover an area that is pretty much as big as the explosion of one of Toon Link's bombs. The blast is disjointed will deal 10% with acid damage and average knockback. It takes about .8 seconds to reach the blast and the ending lag is above average as Seaforce regenerates his head.

When an obstacle (item or enemy) touches the bubble before the blast, it will be trapped inside until the bubble pops. Larger characters will be shrunk down and curled up inside the bubble like they were caught in a Wario Chomp. The bubble has a grab-hitbox while it is expanding, and it takes .2 seconds for the bubble to be the minimum size to catch things, which would be considered the real startup lag of the move. When the bubble bursts, thrown items will be launched straight upwards as if they were thrown upwards, explosive items will actually explode (bad news for Seaforce), and all other items will simply fall back to the ground.

Down Tilt

Spiked-Wall Man
Being in his liquid form, Seaforce transforms a part of his body into harder spikes, shoving them upwards out of his body, thus making him a bunch of spikes - 4 to be exact. These spikes are slightly larger than a Red Pikmin and arranged closely next to each other, centered over the acid puddle known as Acid Seaforce. Getting hit by the spikes will deal 10% damage and below average knockback straight upwards. The whole spikes - including the non-sharp sides - are part of the hitbox. Unlike many of Seaforce's moves, this move does not deal acid damage for some reason. It is also of very good priority, but jointed nevertheless. The lag for both ends is in the lower area.

Forward Smash

Knight in Slimy Armor
Seaforce pulls back one arm as the hand transforms into a long sword made of slime that is the same size as Ike’s sword. While doing this his other hand transforms into a large shield and he brings it to his front and holds it close to his body, the shield being tall enough to extend from the ground to his neck. Finally, Seaforce’s head transforms so that it looks like it is covered in a medieval knight’s helmet. The helmet covers his entire snout and stops right against those large spike on the back of his head.

That’s all well and good, but what does the move actually do? The shield will absorb all projectiles but cannot block against melee attacks. Melee attacks will however, bounce right off Seaforce’s helmet, but in turn it doesn't defend against projectiles, making it the opposite of the shield. After Seaforce finishes transforming (which only takes long enough to be considered below average in startup time), he will thrust forwards his sword like a rapier. Because the sword is a part of Seaforce, it is not disjointed, but it still has high priority overall. The sword deals 12% (22% charged) and average knockback and acid damage. Besides increasing the damage of the move, Seaforce is fully transformed while he’s charging, prolonging the time you can keep those defenses held up. While the move has a ton of things going for it so far, it does have above average end lag as Seaforce retracts the sword and returns to normal, so don’t spam it or you WILL be punished.

Up Smash

Slimy Stalagmites
Acid Seaforce gets down on all fours as he straightens out his neck and tail as far as they can go without converting into slime. See all those little spikes along his neck and tail? Well, all of those spikes will now suddenly convert to slime and quickly extend upwards, going as far up as ¾ of Marth’s sword. The spikes are of average priority and deal 12% with above average knockback and acid damage. It’s important to note that Seaforce’s main body has no spikes, so there is a blind spot for this move, but it is great for anti-air purposes to the sides of Seaforce. There is below average startup and end lag to the move.

If you charge the move, after the spikes extend, Seaforce will hold the position for up to 1 additional second depending on charge time. Contact with the spikes as they linger will deal 6%, below average knockback, and acid damage.

Down Smash

Only a Scratch
Quickly transforming his whole body into slime, Seaforce splits into two halves, each of them falling down on one side. If you charge the attack, the slime walls will expand as they fall to cover a wider area, the minimum being Jigglypuff's size (as in both together are as wide as Jigglypuff is) and the maximum being a Battlefield platform. The move deals 12% (21% charged) damage and acid damage with set below average knockback. The startup lag is kinda low, but the ending lag is horrible as Seaforce has to quite literally come together again and manifest into his regular form. The slime walls are disjointed. If this move is performed near a ledge, then part of the slime will in fact fall down over the ledge. The part that remains on the initial platform will reform into Seaforce while the parts that fell will either keep falling until they fall into a pit, or turn into harmless steam upon hitting a lower floor. Definitely a good move for getting enemies off your tail or sneak in a bit of damage, but is highly punishable should you spam it.

Neutral Air

Spike Fling
Seaforce curls his neck over the front of his body, and his tail over his back. Once he does this, the spines running along his neck and tail will turn into slime and extend just like in his USmash, only his tail spines will first go through his tail and stick out of the other side so he doesn’t impale himself. This effectively creates two walls of spikes covering both sides of Seaforce, but not the top or bottom. There is low startup lag to the move, and if Seaforce misses there is average end lag as Seaforce retracts the spikes and returns to his normal position.

What about actually damaging people, you ask? If Seaforce manages to hit someone with the spikes, they will be impaled on them (this counts as a grab), and they will take 8% with acid damage. Seaforce can catch one character on each set of spikes. He will then swing his neck and tail back into position, flinging off the impaled characters for average knockback, going upwards if they’re on his neck and downwards if they’re on his tail (which would correspond to the way he would swing his limbs to get them back into position, if you’ve been paying attention). There is slightly less end lag when Seaforce performs this piece of the attack, being overall below average. If other enemies are hit by the spikes as Seaforce swings them, they will take 6% with acid damage and below average knockback.

Forward Air

Airforce Support
Seaforce turns his whole body into a slime plane, a jet fighter to be exact, that is the size of Samus laid horizontally. He will slowly descend (equivalent to while continuing to move forwards. The vehicle will fire a small missile in the size of Samus' Super Missiles. Then, Seaforce transforms back into his usual form, all the while the missile flies. The move has average startup lag for him to transform and shoot the missile, but low ending lag since he quickly changes back as he’s firing the missile. Seaforce can have up to 2 missiles on the screen. What it does depends on what the player inputs. When Seaforce transforms into this form and before he fires, the player can aim up, aim down or do nothing as input, which will result in three different kinds of missiles.

With no input, the missile will be an unhealthy green color and fly straight forward at a decent speed with infinite distance. Upon impact, it will blast in a green explosion and deal 9% damage and acid damage, with flinching knockback. It has average priority

If the player inputs Up before firing the missile, the projectile will be a glowing red. It will slightly home towards the nearest opponent at a below average speed. Upon impact with an obstacle, it will blast in a small explosion dealing 12% damage and below average knockback. This missile has below average priority.

The last input, Down, will result in Seaforce dropping a pale blue bomb, which will simply fall down and slightly forward. If it touches an obstacle, it will explode in a big blast - comparable to Snake's C4 - dealing 16% damage and average knockback. This is the hardest move to hit with, since the bomb moves rather slowly and is easy to dodge. The bomb has average priority.

Back Air

Japanese Like This
Hyper_Ridley: "For this move, Seaforce transforms his tail into slime-"
MasterWarlord: "Bah! This move has absolutely no originality! Even Sakurai could make such a move."
Spadefox: *smacks*

Seriously, though... Seaforce transforms his tail into slime, creating a bright green tentacle. The tentacle slowly sweeps from Seaforce's rear down to his heels, reaching out as far as Lucas' grab. If someone gets touched by the tail/tentacle, it will wrap around the victim (this counts as a grab) and ... throw them downwards with above average knockback! It only deals damage if the opponent hits the floor, and then it will deal 11% damage as the enemy lies down on the ground. If they fall down into a pit with this, they won't take any damage, and Seaforce gains nothing from it if he uses it on an enemy who can recover from it. There is below average startup and end lag to the move

Now, if Seaforce uses this move near a ledge or wall, the slimey tail will latch onto it, and the maverick will hang from his tail. He can hold onto a wall or ledge or up to 3 seconds before the tail turns back to normal and Seaforce enters freefall. If Seaforce is attached to a ledge, he can turn this into a full recovery by utilizing a unique move from this position, classified as a “Backwards Ledge Attack”. This can be found in the Situationals section further down in the move set.

Up Air

Deadly Breath
Seaforce looks straight up and extends his neck upwards as far as it can go without converting into slime. He then spews out a cloud of green/brown gas from his snout that expands to cover an area the size of Dedede. Seaforce’s aerial momentum temporarily stops while doing this. There is low startup lag and below average end lag to exhaling the gas. The gas remains where it is for 6 seconds, and enemies will take 2% for each second their head remains inside the gas cloud due to breathing in the dangerous fumes, but no knockback or hitstun. The gas is also highly volatile. Should any fire attacks hit the gas cloud, it will violently explode dealing 16% and good knockback to anybody unfortunate enough to be too close when it happens. Seaforce cannot be damaged by the pure gas, but he is vulnerable to the explosion. Only one of these gas clouds can be on the stage at a time, with Seaforce simply not doing anything if the input is made with a gas cloud already on the stage.

Down Air

Rain Flush
Seaforce’s tail wraps around his body and he starts to dissolve into acid droplets, starting from his feet and working his way up to his head. He ends up breaking into 40 tiny droplets over 1 second that fall down at a high speed once they are formed, forming a constant stream of acid droplets packed together. Seaforce’s aerial momentum stops when he performs this move.

Here’s where things get tricky. While performing this move Seaforce can only be damaged in the part of his body that hasn’t dissolved yet, and he has super armor while performing this attack. The droplets each do 1% with acid damage, but no knockback or hit stun and have no priority, but remember that there are 40 of these things that will eventually be falling on top of you if you don’t get out of the way. After the droplets hit the ground, they begin to form into a little puddle of slime on the ground that does not affect enemies and will reform into Seaforce when all the drops fall. There is virtually no startup lag to the move, and average end lag as Seaforce reforms.

You have probably realized that due to having no priority, the droplets can be destroyed. If you destroy half of them (20) before they can add to the puddle on the ground, when Seaforce reforms, he will be shrunk down like a poison mushroom for 5 seconds before growing back to regular size, and he cannot use this move again until he returns to normal size. If you take out 32 of the droplets (80% of the total group), Seaforce will be shrunk down and not return to normal size for the rest of his current stock!

If Seaforce is so unlucky that the enemy manages to destroy every last droplet, you’d probably think this spells game over for the maverick, right? However, video game logic allows Seaforce to respawn on the stage on a regular spawn platform, and he does not actually lose a stock and he retains his current damage, and he will be regular size. As a punishment for being so carless with this move, Seaforce will however take 14% damage when he has to respawn in this manner. Note that if Seaforce does this move into a pit it will count as a true SD, so don’t think you can just rain into a pit to avoid being gimped.

Neutral Special

Acid Bubble
Seaforce arches his neck back and "inhales", then spits out a bright green bubble the size of a Pokeball in a ballistic curve that reaches as far as ½ of Battlefield’s main platform, moving at an average speed. If it doesn’t hit the ground at that distance, it will keep falling. After landing, the bubble starts bouncing like a ball off of every platform or wall it encounters, bouncing around at a below average speed for up to 4 seconds, then it will simply pop. It bounces as high as Mario is tall. The acid bubble has below average priority. If it falls into a pit, it will simply drop down. Seaforce can have only have one of these bubbles out at once, he will just cough and be very open for punishment if he uses it when he already has a bubble on the field.

Now, what happens... if the bubble smashes onto an enemy or an item, it will deal no knockback or hitstun at all, 3% damage and start to drain their health with acid damage. However, the acid damage of the Acid Bubble is unusually high, draining the victim's health twice as fast, but for only five seconds (that’s 2% a second for 5 seconds). If the victim is already suffering acid damage, the Acid Bubble's will replace the standard acid damage. If Acid Bubble is already active, the timer will be simply reset. Overall, the results are the same as with normal acid damage, however, this speeds up the damaging process by half. Having the Acid Bubble's acid damage will be shown by the enemy having a brighter and unhealthier shade of green than regular acid damage. The startup lag is below average, and ending lag is nearly non-existent.

Side Special

Acid Burst
Seaforce arches his neck back and "inhales", and then spits out a dark green bubble of the size of a Pokeball. Sounds familiar? Well, the move starts up similarly to the Acid Bubble (mindgames galore), but that's all that's similar to it, as the outcome is quite different.

The darker-colored bubble will fly in a ballistic curve, but this seems to be heavier, as its starting range is worse than the Acid Bubble- it flies as far as one Battlefield drop-through platform at an average speed. As soon as it touches any obstacle in its way, the bubble will burst into four droplets of acid all flying up in a ballistic curve as high as Luigi is tall and then down again while spreading apart, acting similarly to the original bigger version, just smaller and disappearing upon impact.

Getting hit by the big bubble will deal 8% damage and acid damage, and each of the small ones will deal 2% and acid damage. If a victim is unfortunate to get hit by the original bubble, they will eat at least two of the smaller bubbles if their knockback is low enough. The larger bubble deals low knockback, but the smaller bubbles deal no knockback or hitstun. The larger bubble has above average priority, but the smaller ones have no priority. The startup lag for this move is just like with the Acid Bubble, below average, and the ending lag is very low, as well. Seaforce can have only one Acid Burst on the screen. Seaforce will do the starting animation of the move and simply shoot nothing out if you input for this move with one out.

Up Special

Toxic Split
This move can look a little complicated. Seaforce forms a kind of ring with his legs, the long tail curling around them just in a 90 degree angle, basically creating a sphere of legs and tail. He then transforms the legs and tail into their slimey form, and also covers the spaces in between them with the liquid, essentially making it a bubble. The bubble bursts, and the blast launches the upper half of Seaforce's body upward. 4 little bits of slime will fall down from the blast, too, slightly spreading apart. As soon as Seaforce grabs a ledge or lands, his legs and tail regenerate, the half-body state being essentially his "helpless". If the blast of the bubble hits someone, they take 7% acid damage and below average knockback. After the burst, the move has two hitboxes - Seaforce flying upward, dealing low knockback with average priority and 6% damage, and the bubble bits which each deal 3% acid damage and flinches and have no priority. Acid Seaforce covers about the same distance with this as Ness with his PK Thunder recovery. The entire move has below average lag on both ends. If one of the bubble bits touches the ground, it will become a small cloud of steam, vanishing, and doing nothing anymore from the point it touched the ground. The slime bits will fall until they leave the screen.

Down Special

Poison Nullifier
Being partially made of toxic materials himself, Acid Seaforce has no need to worry about other poisonous substances he encounters. When the input for this move is used, Seaforce spreads his arms as a thin toxic bubble-like layer of green goop covers his entire body. This animation takes .65 seconds, and then there is below average end lag when the coating is formed. The coating lasts for 6 seconds, and during that time, any poison damage inflicted to Seaforce will in fact heal him instead. This can be from Olimar’s White Pikmin, Lip’s Stick, or any other thing that deals poison damage. If Seaforce is in a mirror match and is inflicted with acid damage, this move will just cancel out the damage and not heal him. Even against enemies without poisoning moves, this is still helpful in case the enemy reflects Seaforce’s own projectiles back to him. Don’t think you can just let yourself be hit by your own projectile, though, as competent players would trick you into doing that so that they can attack you while you try to use this move.

Acid Seaforce will lash his head forwards as far as it can reach without converting it to slime. The reach is insane for a grab simply due to the sheer length of Seaforce’s neck, but there is a slight amount of lag as he prepares to whip his head, and slightly punishable end lag if me misses (though it’s a more usable speed than most ranged grabs, thank God). If he connects, he will quickly wrap his neck around his enemy as he pulls them in to his body, and then he uncurls his neck as he holds his opponent with his hands.

Pummel

Acid Flick
Seaforce simply flicks his enemy with one hand as his finger turns into a small acidic knife. This deals 1% and cannot be spammed too well, but it does inflict acid damage. This is the only way to inflict acid damage from a grab, sealing its place in Seaforce’s arsenal.

Forward Throw

Epic Strike
Seaforce lets go with one hand and begins to transform his free hand into a massive hammer-head of slime. He pulls his hammer-arm back as the camera dramatically zooms in. He then smashes the hammer against his enemy, which ends up only dealing average knockback, but it does deal 13%, great damage for a throw.

After the throw is finished, Seaforce keeps his hand in hammer form and can move around again like normal. The next time you press A, Seaforce will smash his hammer-hand on the ground in front of himself. The hammer-hand is the size of Kirby, and deals the same damage and knockback as the original throw, and it has high priority (remember, it’s not actually disjointed due to being a part of Seaforce). However, there is average startup and end lag to the move. Seaforce does essentially the same move in the air but with a slightly different animation. If you don’t want to risk this attack, you may instead press B for Seaforce to turn his hand back to normal in .4 seconds.

Back Throw

Green Embrace
Seaforce curls his victim into a small ball (like Game & Watch's throws) and pulls them into a ...hug? He transforms his body into slime, shoving the throwee into it, therefore absorbing the poor victim. Once the throwee is in his body, his back starts to blow up, creating a bubble on it, which sucks the throwee in. As soon as the bubble has reached the size of Kirby, it breaks off of Seaforce, and starts to bounce around similarly to Seaforce’s Neutral Special but with a poor soul trapped inside. Due to the asphyxiation the victim has, they will receive 3% damage each second they are trapped in the bubble for up to 5 seconds before the bubble pops. The throwee can buttonmash to escape sooner, though 2 seconds are guaranteed. The suffocation stacks up with acid damage, should there be some active, but this move will not inflict acid damage of its own. The throwee can control in which direction the bubble bounces with the control stick. If Seaforce hits the bubble with attacks, the enemy will take the damage of the attack but the bubble will not pop.

Up Throw

Dragon Flare
Seaforce punches the opponent which makes them dizzy with stars around their head as Seaforce quickly transforms into a slime dragon that resembles a more “evil” looking Charizard. Dragon-Seaforce then whips his head up which knocks the enemy into the air with 5% and set vertical knockback, enough to place the enemy into the middle of a UAir gas cloud if Seaforce short-hopped one from his current vertical position. After head-butting the enemy, Seaforce looks up and spits out a small fireball at his foe. This fireball normally deals 7% with average knockback to the enemy (or to somebody else if they get in the way), but if you managed to toss the enemy into a gas cloud…well, you know, it’s a fire attack hitting the gas… After the fireball hits its target, Seaforce returns to his normal form.

Down Throw

Through the Earth
Seaforce slams his opponent straight into the ground…literally! He actually sends his enemy underneath the surface while still holding onto his enemy. You can see his arms turning into slime while he does this. .4 seconds after plunging his foe into the depths of the earth, the enemy burst upwards through the ground at the edge of the platform Seaforce is standing on at the edge Seaforce is facing. We can also see Seaforce’s hands burst through the ground a short distance as they had carried the enemy all the way to the edge underground before punching him out of it. The enemy takes 11% with average vertical knockback upon being launched out of the ground, and then Seaforce’s arms will actually break apart as new ones quickly form in his arm sockets. If Seaforce is interrupted while his enemy is still underground (i.e. in a team-match), his enemy will resurface but stuck in a pitfall effect, and their position will be proportional to how long they were underground and how far the edge was. If Seaforce does this move on a walk-off platform, the enemy will be launched a short distance before the KO zone, and since the knockback is purely vertical, they will not have to worry about cheap KOs unless they’re stupid enough to DI into the KO zone. As a final note, if Seaforce does this move on a drop-through platform, he will simply shove his enemy through the platform for 11% and average downwards knockback.

Lying Down Attack (Either side)

I’m Melting!
Acid Seaforce’s body will melt into a puddle of slime on the ground that is as wide as ¾ of a battlefield platform. He remains in this form for 1.5 seconds, during which time he is invincible and can slowly move left or right using the control stick. He will stop at the edge of platforms. If an enemy runs over him in this form, they will trip and take acid damage. After the time for the move is up, the slime converges together and forms into Acid Seaforce standing upright where the middle of the puddle used to be. In this form Seaforce looks very similar to his crouching form, and if you hold down as the attack ends, Seaforce will actually just shrink to the size of his crouching position with no end lag and remain crouched, allowing you to potentially combo this attack into Seaforce’s DTilt.

Ledge Attack

Natural Edge Guard
Seaforce will thrust one fist into the ledge he’s grabbing as it turns into slime and starts to seep into the platform itself. After .6 seconds, he retracts his fist and quickly climbs up to safety. The ledge he was holding onto will have dissolved, leaving behind a jagged, spiky surface sticking out from the side of the platform.

Anybody including Seaforce who touches this “ledge” will take 5% and average vertical knockback. This will reset the character’s third jump like any other move, but now if someone has to sweet-spot the edge to survive they will take some extra damage each time they have to recover on that side of the stage. The ledge will stay in this condition for 20 seconds, and then in a small flash of light the ledge will be fixed. Seaforce can alter as many ledges as he wishes. There is no change in the move when Seaforce is over 100% damage, making this a very consistent move and one that is worth learning to incorporate into your game.

Backwards Ledge Attack

Whip Crush
As a reminder, this move is performed when Seaforce attaches his tail to a ledge using his Bair.

Since Seaforce is currently hanging by his tail, backwards, when he uses this attack, he needs to perform some athletics in order to make it back to safety. Seaforce will swing slightly towards the ledge, and then he will whip himself forwards, sending his body up and over the ledge, and his tail lets go and returns to normal just as he’s over solid ground. His entire body is a hitbox that deals 8% and average knockback to those he hits while swinging himself to safety. Once you start this attack, the timer for hanging onto the ledge no longer applies.

Corrosion of Life

Seaforce crosses his arms and laughs as the sky turns dark. Thunder and lightning can be heard, and then it starts to rain. Ah, rain, the bringer of life…too bad this is acid rain! The rain lasts for 10 seconds, during which time enemies take 2% no matter where they are (no hiding under platforms to escape this shower). The rain also chews through shields when enemies try to defend, making it more difficult to escape from Seaforce’s attacks, and the damage from the rain ignores shields anyways. Finally, the rain actually heals Seaforce (only the one that summoned it if multiple Seaforce’s are in play) at the same rate that it damages the enemies, allowing Seaforce to potentially gain a 40% lead over his enemies just from the rain. Additionally, 2 lightning bolts crash down from the sky in random spots every 3 seconds. They function very similarly to the one’s from Pikachu’s down special but these will always come from the top of the screen, dealing 18% and good knockback to whoever gets in their way (Seaforce is of course immune to his own attack). When the shower of acid rain ends, the sky quickly clears up as the screen returns to normal.

Up
Seaforce turns a hand into a slime butterfly that flitters around for a moment before returning to his arm.

Side
Seaforce coughs as some bits of slime fall out of his beak, and then he wipes any remaining bits with his hand.

Down
Acid Seaforce liquefies his waist line as his top half performs a somersault in midair before landing back on his bottom half. If he is hit during this animation, his body will instantly be put back together for his regular damaged animation.

As you’ve probably guessed, the key to playing Acid Seaforce is his acid damage. That simple side effect contained within many of his moves gives Seaforce an incredible damage-racking and pressure game. But first you have to initiate it.

There are several options to get acid damage rolling. The most common basic method would be to simply camp with Acid Bubble. It goes across the entire stage, bounces around to make it more troublesome to avoid, and it even inflicts the enhanced version of Acid damage to boot. On the flipside it deals no knockback or hitstun, so don’t try it when you’re opponent is in close range. Remember to use from the air as well to take advantage of its falling properties. Acid Burst may seem tempting considering its similarities to Acid Bubble but more damaging and with actual knockback, however it only goes as far as one battlefield drop-through platform, which besides being much shorter than Acid Bubble, is too short to do any effective camping with. You could also try long-range assaults with the neutral variant of the Fair.

Seaforce has some trouble doing his own approaching, but you do have options. Your best bet would be to attempt short-hopped Nairs due to its speed and grab-hitbox. The up-variant of Fair might work to box-in an enemy while Seaforce closes in with an acid-damage move. The last approaching option would be Seaforce’s dash attack due to its speed and that you can always turn around right after you connect with it, but it has low priority, making it feel like a Falcon Kick. Fortunately you can do a dash attack from a platform to confuse enemies. You could also try a DTilt combined with a crawl, but the DTilt doesn’t inflict acid damage, and you need that before you can start the main phase of Seaforce’s game.

Okay, so your enemy’s body is starting to dissolve from the acid damage. Now it’s time to shift gears and play defensively! Acid Seaforce may not be able to approach too well, but he is built for defense anyways. Now that your opponent is guaranteed to be taking 10% from acid damage, they’ll have to come aftert you in order to keep up with damage, which puts you at the advantage. You’ll want to continue camping with Acid Bubble from both the ground and air, and now Acid Burst can be mixed in as well for mindgames and for mid-range defense. Just use Acid Burst and watch as they roll past it straight into your next attack, or if they roll away, you can continue camping. Seaforce’s Jab is a great way to fight against ground approaches. It can provide for a follow-up if it hits (preferably DSmash). If your opponent tries to jump over the attack, UTilt, USmash, and FSmash are all possible anti-air choices, though FSmash won’t work if your opponent predicts it and attacks with a projectile to your head. Seaforce has decent mobility to allow for any retreats you have to make, or could you couldbarge through your enemy with the Dash Attack and stop at the other side of the stage. The key to all of this is that when you hit your enemy away, besides adding more damage to the, you’ll be resetting their counter for acid damage, thus putting them even further behind in damage and making them even more desperate to amount some offensive momentum against you.

Seaforce’s grab-game is another mid-ranged defense. It’s quicker than other ranged-grabs, but still far from abusable, so you’ll have to make use of its range to get the full benefit. The moment you connect with a grab, you’ll want to use the pummel to inflict acid damage and then use the throw of your choice. DThrow is the most common option since it basically returns your enemy to camping range, though BThrow is good for performing follow-ups. All of Seaforce’s throws deal nice damage, so they’ll all have their uses.

Okay, so Seaforce got his enemy into desperate offensive mode, he drove him insane with his defensive game, now it’s time to…KO…his enemy. Yeah, this is where things get tricky. Seaforce can bring up the damage like nobody’s business, but he doesn’t have any reliable ways to finishing them off. FSmash and USmash both deal above average knockback, but they will probably not KO that early unless they’re charged, and you’ll be using those moves so much in regular gameplay that they’ll be stale. The main KO method for Seaforce is through a Uair - UThrow combo. Of course, even then, it will pretty obvious what you intend to do when you’re seen standing directly underneath your gas cloud, but at least your enemy might be too scared to come after you while they’re damage rises from any acid damage they might have. You could also ignite the gas cloud if you manage to detonate a missile from the up or down variants of the Fair, but the gas itself won’t blow up the missile (try hitting the enemy if they pass through the cloud!).

Instead, it may be best to try gimping with Seaforce. Acid Bubble/Burst can be used to attack from the safety of the stage, as would the backside of Filt or a piece of the DSmash. If you’d rather meet your enemy in midair, you could drop a bomb from down-Uair, or you could use Seaforce’s Bair or his backside Nair for potential spikes. If you have time, use Seaforce’s ledge attack to give the enemy a bit of extra damage every time they need to recover. A really evil type of gimping can be done on staged with drop-through platforms over the pit such as Smashville. Just use DThrow on those platforms and instead of being an epic spacing tool, your enemy will be dropping to the abyss. However, these strategies still won’t be outright devastating to recoveries.

Seaforce’s own recovery is decent. He is heavy, but he’s big enough to be eating a lot of damage should he fail to defend properly against his enemies. His second jump is worse than average, but thankfully his Fair can slow his fall speed and Toxic Split is a good recovery move distance-wise. Bair’s ledge sticking ability may also come in handy. Seaforce is not a recovery God like Meta Knight or Dedede, but he isn’t helpless like Olimar or Wolf either.

So that’s Acid Seaforce. Overall, playing him is very much a game of patience. You need to rack up high amounts of damage to defeat your enemy, but acid damage enables you to focus on defending while your opponent passively melts away. Your opponent, on the other hand, has a lot of pressure placed onto them, as waiting out the acid damage will never get them ahead while Seaforce continues to camp, and if they go into a reckless offense to regain the lead, Seaforce will just swat them away with his defenses and give them even more acid damage. Most of the time pressure-oriented characters are the ones doing the attacking, but in Seaforce’s case, he just needs to sit back and watch his enemy become a nervous wreck as their damage climbs higher…and higher….and higher…

Name Change
If you prefer Acid Seaforce’s US name of “Toxic Seahorse”, you can change his name to that at a moment’s notice. Just hold the L or R button as you select him. His HUD and the announcer will now refer to the maverick as Toxic Seahorse. Isn’t customization fun?

Entrance
A completely green version of another playable character will perform their entrance, and then quickly change shape into Seaforce’s true form as the battle begins. The character chosen is random, and he will not take the shape of characters that haven’t been unlocked.

Victory Poses

Up
Acid Seaforce is seen chuckling but the losers are nowhere to be found. There are, however, puddles of acid on the ground…

Side
Acid Seaforce is seen jumping around in celebration. A few bits of slime break off of him as he does this and fall into the background with the losers. The slime bits then turn into little copies of Seaforce and they start to clap with the losers.

Down
A green Captain Falcon is seen saluting the camera and yelling “Show me ya moves!” He then rears back his arm while yelling “FALCON…” He then suddenly returns to his normal stance and says “Made ya look!” before transforming back into Acid Seaforce’s regular form.

Loss
Acid Seaforce is seen in the form of two large slime hands that slowly clap for the winner.

Codec Converation
Snake: Otacon, that guy doesn't look healthy.
Otacon: Oh, believe me, he definitely is not healthy. Mainly for you.
Snake: ...come again?
Otacon: This is the maverick reploid Acid Seaforce. He is a machine, but he can transform into slime, either his whole body or only parts of it.
Snake: Slime...?
Otacon: Yes. But be careful. The whole body of Seaforce carries lethal acids inside of himself that reproduces automatically. He transforms into a more stable form of this acid - the slime - but also is able to use the actual liquid as projectile.
Snake: Huh, that doesn't sound all too funny...
Otacon: If one of those acid parts touch you, it will burn away your skin and hurt you. Acid Seaforce is an extremely dangerous enemy, so don't underestimate him.

Kirby Hat
Kirby acquires a mask that looks like the mask of a hazmat suit with an opening for Kirby to spit the projectiles for Acid Bubble. The hazmat suit actually protects Kirby from acid damage, but he always loses the hat after taking 12% damage

Credits Song for Single Player
Megaman X3 (PSX Remake) - Acid Seaforce's Stage

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Acid Seaforce: Now I'm even more sorry that I stole the page from you, I could have gotten to read it earlier, LOL. That was a very disgusting but entertaining set. You got a lot of interesting moves which were gross in a different way, and they were all very unique, especially since you had to have them all be gross. I LOLed at the Knight in Slimy Armor thing, and I liked the move too. My only problem with the set was that the attacks were a little random. This is more of a problem with the character, but the moves weren't so cohesive. But this was a really cool set, and I'm really sorry about the page.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Well. You'd think that transforming yourself into acid would make Seaforce a dull set. And normally it would, but you two have perfected the art of taking a rather redundant ability into an original masterpiece. Seaforce seems balanced to me, but the Final Smash seems a little like Hagiri's.... but with acid... Anyways, I'm sure that wasn't intentional. The FS is probably one of my favorite things in this set, really. It's the acid rain thing, but what if they roll around? Will it not harm them? The overall set is great, and it's a lot more original than something I could have done, I'll admit that wholeheartedly. I'm also liking the Knight in Slimy Armor Fsmash, it seems like something I would use often. Anyways, I'll comment more later if I get the chance.

And, I just realized I'm not a SmashChild anymore!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Tingle: So, I'm just a Zelda newbie (I've only played Wind Waker) and don't really get all the hate, or love, for Tingle. Regardless, I thought this was a cool set! The attacks were pretty random (in a good way), and overall seemed like fun to use (I just love throwing items). A bunch of the attacks had funny effects too, like the dash attack, which was pretty amusing, I have to say. Sorry if I'm not going into enough specifics, but know that you had some pretty cool ideas in there. The Final Smash was really cool as well. I'd probably use Tingle for the comic effect, haha.

So, while I have the feeling we won't really be seeing a similar set for Tingle *if* he ever gets to become a playable Smash character, I commend you for putting together a good read and a good moveset, Wizzerd. :bee:

You have "Kooloo-Smashes" instead of "Kooloo-Aerials" for the aerial header, just fyi.

Ah, another moveset, by Spade this time! *gets on it*
I thought you didn't mind not having the top of a page, though?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
@Tingle: So, I'm just a Zelda newbie (I've only played Wind Waker) and don't really get all the hate, or love, for Tingle. Regardless, I thought this was a cool set! The attacks were pretty random (in a good way), and overall seemed like fun to use (I just love throwing items). A bunch of the attacks had funny effects too, like the dash attack, which was pretty amusing, I have to say. Sorry if I'm not going into enough specifics, but know that you had some pretty cool ideas in there. The Final Smash was really cool as well. I'd probably use Tingle for the comic effect, haha.

So, while I have the feeling we won't really be seeing a similar set for Tingle *if* he ever gets to become a playable Smash character, I commend you for putting together a good read and a good moveset, Wizzerd. :bee:

You have "Kooloo-Smashes" instead of "Kooloo-Aerials" for the aerial header, just fyi.
Thanks! I really do love Tingle, and since nobody gives him the love he deserves I give him more. The dash attack was one of my favorite moves, even though it was sort of underdetailed. I had a lot of fun with the Final Smash. Trivia: I originally had a plan for a Final Smash where Tingle repossesses one of his opponents items to handicap him, like Link losing his Master Sword, but because it would be so long and I couldn't think of all the ideas, I decided on this. Also, WW was the first Zelda I played and I didn't get many others, I only played OoT, TP and MM beyond it. I didn't even finish TP because the final boss was so tedious.

Yeah, Sakurai would never give Tingle this sort of moveset, but that's true for every moveset in MYM5, and I had fun with it. Oh, and you mean *when*, not *if*, right? :bee:

You're right, it's fixed. I copy/paste all of my headers while I write my movesets and then switch the titles, but I guess I forgot this time. Thanks for telling me.

Hyper_Ridley said:
If he hasn't posted a move set at all, then I'm gonna say that the guy's "dead" regarding MYM. Go right ahead and make X-Naut.
Thanks. I do have a lot of ideas for him. However, just recently I thought of a different character to make a moveset for, and it's one I'd rather do, so I'll hold off X-Naut.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Well it's actually been a while since I've been back here I've been busy with school and etc.. but upon coming back and seeing the shear amount of effort that is going into the move lists not it has inspired me to want to get back into it.

So with that being said I would like to give my Megaman X and Geno another shot I never really finished Geno and given the current detail into the move lists not my Megaman X needs more put into him I'm also thinking of a few others that should be done such as Mallow and Zero and a few others I've been thinking about. Hopefully I'll have a few move sets up soonish.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Dude, why is Acid Seaforce not getting more comments?

It's a hell of a moveset, as one might guess from such high-calibre setters working together. The originality throughout is astonishing and poison is implemented in such a way as to put Jafar to shame. There's a whole world of potential, untapped, and after this, I doubt anyone will attempt to tap into it for a loooong time, since you basically took the concept, turned it upside down, and shook it until it gave you its lunch money.

The detail level and writing style are superb, the overall playstyle fantastic. THIS is both simple and beautiful, reminding me of the quiet grace of older movesets like Dracula. I'm backing this as one of the top contenders, and that it hasn't been getting the attention it deserves is a crime.

If you haven't, read it RIGHT NOW. It gets:

And yes, I did just whip that up specifically for you guys. :p

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Acid Seaforce: At first, I had to really look at that picture of Seaforce and try to figure out why and how a robotic (?) seahorse would transform into slime. I was unsuccessful.

Anywho, you have a great set here, Spadefox and H_R! No overly complicated mechanic, adequately-described and creative moves, all that good stuff is present. Slime is fun! To pick out one move, I'll say that I liked the Down Aerial attack; it's rather cool and I wondered why it wasn't called "Acid Rain" (and then I read the Final Smash).

So while the concept of the character is still rather bizarre to me, you've both put together really well-made and simple moveset. (And simple's not a bad thing; it was easy to read and therefore easy to enjoy). Great job! :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Acid Seaforce: At first, I had to really look at that picture of Seaforce and try to figure out why and how a robotic (?) seahorse would transform into slime. I was unsuccessful.
Watch the video. That is what the character does in the game aside from the Neutral and Side Specials, as well, so, for starters, we didn't have much to work with. But the "transform into goo" concept is not ours.

To pick out one move, I'll say that I liked the Down Aerial attack; it's rather cool and I wondered why it wasn't called "Acid Rain" (and then I read the Final Smash).
I told HR to call it "Rain Flush" as a reference to Toadman, a Robot Master from the classic series who uses acid rain as attacks. I think it was supposed to be called Acid Rain in the first place, though.

So while the concept of the character is still rather bizarre to me, you've both put together really well-made and simple moveset. (And simple's not a bad thing; it was easy to read and therefore easy to enjoy). Great job! :bee:
Thankies.

And thankies to you, too, Rool. Yay for epic seals. :3

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Watch the video. That is what the character does in the game aside from the Neutral and Side Specials, as well, so, for starters, we didn't have much to work with. But the "transform into goo" concept is not ours.
Where's the- oh. How did I manage to miss that giant link? Anyway, glad to see where this is all coming from.

*is surprised that another moveset hasn't popped up in 24 hours*

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
I greatly enjoyed Acid Seaforce, to be honest. You took a character whose only real abilities could be sumed up as "Makes acid bubbles" and "Turns into acid" and stretched it into many, many original moves. My favorite things about the set is the readability and the jokes. It wasn't that hard to read in one sitting, which is rare. Also, LOL at spiked wall man.

The stats themselves are fairly balanced, not much to complain about there. This is a minor complaint, but you should add animations to your movesets. While it's a pain in the [whoahnow] to do, it helps to picture how a character moves and how they'd look if they were an actual playable character. The video link you provided helps, but it doesn't completely compensate for them.

Summary:
+Unique moves, plenty of variety despite limited character.
+Easy to read writing style, short without sacrificing detail.
-Hard to picture certain moves, and how he'd look overall.

I hope to see more collaborations between the two of you. Good luck in the voting!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Well, we've already talked about Ag-Wolf in the chat, so...

I'll just say, in Wyvern's defense, he actually came up with many of the best moves seen in our joint-set Cortez back in MYM4. So, I don't think Agi-Wolf should be used as an indicator of Wyvern's potential, so I hope that nobody makes any unfair judgments based on one move set.

The dragon hath spoken!

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
INTRODUCING

Bi-Daily assist trophies! I'm not sure where to put this put here i go. I'll post a new assist trophy bi-daily. Won't this be fun! If im not allowed then stop me now because these characters barely deserve a set i think
Macemen
Game of origin Travian
Entrance Macemen jump out of a Barracks that appears in the background. The barracks is basically a tepee.
What they do The amount is one, three, or five. These Macemen then will go for your opponents by running at zelda speed. When they are close enough the Macemen will begin swinging their maces. The maces are about the size of the toon master sword and do 5% damage. This will cause the opponent to have a .1 second stun time for another maceman or your self to attack. After the attack the Macemen go back to the barracks and retreat inside. After 2 seconds they reappear and start again. If the opponent has coins in a coin mode battle the Macemen will rob 20 coins each and then the coins are added to your count when they reach the barracks. These guys have only 75 stamina each so they should be taken out immediately.
Appearance Go to manual on this page and then click teuton and finally maceman http://www.travian.us/
History The Maceman is Travian's best raider. They are cheap and can pick up many resources in one attack. But can't defend well.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I simply cannot read Agi-wolf from the sheer horridness of its appearance. Seriously, BBCode that sucker.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Obligatory more-than-24-hours bump.

Also, Acid Seaforce has possibly the best playstyle ever, seriously. Original and awesome.

peeup

Smash Lord
Obligatory more-than-24-hours bump.
The fact that this was necessary makes me a very sad panda. What happened to the days when if you didn't check MyM4 for a day or two, you had another 40-50 pages to look through???

On a different note: has a character having to do with Chess been done yet (or recently)? I'm going over some ideas in my mind, and I think that I can make a fairly interesting character.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The fact that this was necessary makes me a very sad panda. What happened to the days when if you didn't check MyM4 for a day or two, you had another 40-50 pages to look through???
Too true. I miss those days. It was occasionally annoying to read through so much, but it kept things fresh. Great as the chat is, unless you're there, you'll never know what's being discussed.

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
The 40-50 pages was at least half spam. That's why the chat was made in the first place; Nobody wanted to risk MYM getting shut down because it was a spam magnet.

Although I agree about the 'you don't know what happens in the chat unless you're there' part. Maybe someone should grab a free message board for MYM? There could be articles on how to polish your sets, quick tips for newbs, etc. Maybe a section for debating 'match-ups' between different MYM sets and/or actual characters, and how they would play against one another if they were really part of Super Smash Bros.

Come to think of it, there's plenty of things that could be done. Maybe even a RP section where you can use characters made in MYM like a sort of collaborative story mode. A Fanart/Graphics board, where buttons can be requested and people can post fanart of their favorite MYM characters fighting, or their favorite scenes in the story modes or the RPs. A Make Your Stage, Make Your Assist, and/or Make Your Item mini-tourney on the side sounds like fun for those who don't have enough time to carefully polish a moveset to a reasonable shine.

I'm gonna stop before I go off on a rant (too late).

peeup

Smash Lord
The 40-50 pages was at least half spam. That's why the chat was made in the first place; Nobody wanted to risk MYM getting shut down because it was a spam magnet.

Although I agree about the 'you don't know what happens in the chat unless you're there' part. Maybe someone should grab a free message board for MYM? There could be articles on how to polish your sets, quick tips for newbs, etc. Maybe a section for debating 'match-ups' between different MYM sets and/or actual characters, and how they would play against one another if they were really part of Super Smash Bros.

Come to think of it, there's plenty of things that could be done. Maybe even a RP section where you can use characters made in MYM like a sort of collaborative story mode. A Fanart/Graphics board, where buttons can be requested and people can post fanart of their favorite MYM characters fighting, or their favorite scenes in the story modes or the RPs. A Make Your Stage, Make Your Assist, and/or Make Your Item mini-tourney on the side sounds like fun for those who don't have enough time to carefully polish a moveset to a reasonable shine.

That would be soooo cool... I'd be totally up for being a part of creating that (though I have no idea how to make buttons and I have no equipment/programs to make fanart). I seriously think that this should be something to look in to.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I do believe the chat was made to make it easier to Brawl with MYMers, as Mendez's shoutbox was kinda laggy and inefficient. It just came to double as spam sponge after MYM 4 was locked.

And there's really nothing to be done about it. Xat is now a part of MYM, plain and simple. It's easier to go through the thread, at least.

It's been mulled over, but I think the conclusion was always that it would make it difficult to recruit newcomers and that there's not enough overall interest for such a thing to work out.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Despereaux-
Game of origin: None
Book of origin: The Tale of Despereaux
Entrance- A mouse will pop up out of the ground.
What he does- After screaming "For Princess Peac... Pea" Despereaux will begin running around on the platform he was summoned on. During this he swings his needle at about 6 times a second. These swings do 1% damage but don't knock you back. He will be alive for ever causing you not to get any more assist trophies. He runs at an astonishing rate of 2 times sonic speed lol.
To kill him you must hit him with a stall then fall d-air or an attack like it such as Bowser bomb or yoshi bomb. If not he will annoy the F out of you.
Appearance- http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/images/taleofdespereaux/despereaux1.jpg
History- A mouse born strangely and saves the princess. Yah.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Just so the sandbags know, it's entirely possible to set up the Stadium to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom