• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Hmmm... That's pretty awesome. Z1gma is officially
awesome.

Also, do you think there's any chance we could do the wind spike on a bomb jumping Snake with inhale?
Seems like the same concept, and this could REALLY help the matchup, since a bomb jump could equal death if he doesn't manage to DI out of inhale range. Hell, we could make teching the stage the only safe way for Snake to recover, which isn't reliable, even if you're Ally.
Hm, that would be pretty cool if we could gay snake like that. I don't see how the wind would spike him though (though Asidoh says it happened and has the replay). Like...wouldn't he just get sucked into our mouth? I wish I could see what we're talking about : /

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why don't you just click the link and watch the video?

Edit:

Thanks SuSa. I would, but as I previously mentioned, my Wii crapped out on me...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So fromundaman, is there even a point in me sending you the replay? o_o

In other news, I give up on trying on AiB ladder. 80% of my losses I should have won, but some characters are just too hard on wifi. G&W is nearly unbeatable.

Maybe I'll just abuse G&W (without actually practicing) to get my record up. looool

SuSa

Banned via Administration
5-0 on ladder I should be 6-0. Still haven't broke 1k ranking. lol

Also I just got home not to long ago >: sorry I'm slow with textures that I'm unable to do! lmao...

I also won't be able to test Kirby's inhale thing until after school tomorrow. I'll go up and test it, grab my SD card, work on Grape Kirby, test it out, if it works I'll post it + the results from inhale.

PS:

I sorta hate Kirby again... Pikachu > Kirby.. Sonic > Kirby....

I now main ESP

Ekans Sonic Pikachu.

In that order.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So fromundaman, is there even a point in me sending you the replay? o_o

In other news, I give up on trying on AiB ladder. 80% of my losses I should have won, but some characters are just too hard on wifi. G&W is nearly unbeatable.

Maybe I'll just abuse G&W (without actually practicing) to get my record up. looool
I know what you mean... Ugh... Wifi... still, it's better than nothing.

5-0 on ladder I should be 6-0. Still haven't broke 1k ranking. lol

Also I just got home not to long ago >: sorry I'm slow with textures that I'm unable to do! lmao...

I also won't be able to test Kirby's inhale thing until after school tomorrow. I'll go up and test it, grab my SD card, work on Grape Kirby, test it out, if it works I'll post it + the results from inhale.

PS:

I now main ESP

Ekans Sonic Pikachu.

In that order.
I disagree with Pikachu. The matchup isn't actually too hard once you learn it (unless, y'know, it's Anther, in which case you get *****.). Sonic, however, I understand you. I still don't know how to play that matchup... We have a great matchup discussion on it that provides absolutely no insight on the actual matchup.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
PS:

What pissed you off so about the pikachu? I usually never have any problems at all against them... What was happening? :ohwell:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Playing Antherzy is always fun. :3

I want to learn Snake. Oh so badly. I'm like 20+ and 4 or something on the ladder with Kirby, ICs, Pikachu, and Dedede. Lemme check,

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Susa's a little cranky because many people keep asking him to do textures so he's drunkenly said those characters are better than Kirby with out knowing that Kirby is Jesus.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm 5-0 on the ladder, all Snake :/ I need to play more but having to write so many FC's on my hand gets annoying.... lol

I'm not cranky about the textures D: because I get to use them too! lol I'll start work on Grape today after school.

No Jesus Kirby, I'm..... sorta anti-religion.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, to be fair, it might piss a lot of religious people off...

*Can see it now*
Jesus Kirby opens wide: YOU ARE MY BREAD! NAM NAM NAM!

Ooooh... Pac Man Kirby?

Also, you're right, I completely misread. Sorry.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Well, to be fair, it might piss a lot of religious people off...

It shouldn't. Its in jest. If they get upset, its their own problem. I'm catholic and I'm the one that posted the original for crying out loud! :laugh:

*Can see it now*
Jesus Kirby opens wide: YOU ARE MY BREAD! NAM NAM NAM!
I've been looking for a new sig... objections, Fromundaman? Also, sorry to hear about your wii...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha, none at all.

Hopefully I'll have my Wii fixed when I get a Lens cleaner Wednesday.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yay for me requesting an easy texture!

I was 6-0 on Allisbrawl, with Kirby. Then I was like 16-8. Which was meh. Then I went from 16-8 to 18-14. Now I'm 19-17.

WARNING: My wifi johns shall be contained within this post.

My losses, from most recent to oldest: :lucario: :gw: :snake: :gw: :dedede: (I beat his Fox with Kirby, switched to Fox and he chose Dedede, I almost beat him but got gimped, then he beat my Kirby) :olimar: :wolf: :gw: :zelda: :yoshi2: O_O (games were close, I could've won it) :marth: :zerosuitsamus: :wolf: freaking YbM :kirby2: freaking Phoenix Dark :sonic: (I'm like 0-5 against him throughout the ladders) :snake: :fox: that I definitely should have beaten.

I think you get the point >_>

My wins, from most recent to oldest:

:pit: :popo: :olimar: :wario: :kirby2: :metaknight: :random: (random dittos with T-nuts, best of 5, I won 3-2 lol, it was freaking epic) :ike:/:link2: :ike: :kirby2: :kirby2: :snake:/:metaknight: (he's actually a Falco main...) :kirby2: :snake: (actually an Olimar main)

My first six wins, which were all pretty much noobs, so you shouldn't really count them very much (makes sense since you have to play people with low points when you start out) :falco:/:marth: :lucario: :pit:/:link2: :zerosuitsamus: :diddy:

There you go. All three of the G&Ws I lost to were mediocre players at best. I can beat some of the best G&W players in this area offline. I lost to two Wolf players, I have yet to lose a set to a Wolf offline. I lost to two Snakes, the most recent of which I was winning until lag kicked in and he killed me with a freaking Mortar Slide, which I would have easily hit him out of if not for the lag. Lucario. If you don't understand how hard Kirby vs Lucario is on wifi (not to mention offline) then I pity you when you find it out the hard way. Dedede...meh. Olimar....I heard some guy saying that Olimar is the best character on wifi. It's possible. He said the wifi tier list goes Olimar, Snake, everyone else. XD

Zelda...I have yet to lose to a Zelda offline. Yoshi... lol. I dunno. I don't even know how to play against Yoshi. That guy was actually good. Marth. Marth may be worse on wifi, but he still beats Kirby. ZSS...I used to think ZSS sucked on wifi, but if you're good at abusing the range of side B and the projectile, that is freaking hard to maneuver around in lag. Kirby....YbM stepped his game up, he deserved that win. As you can see, I've beaten four other Kirbys though @_@

Sonic...Phoenix Dark is just a good player. He says Sonic sucks on wifi, but at least against Kirby, he controls the pace of the fight if he's smart. You have no choice but to predict Sonic on wifi, since reaction time is null and void in input lag. Therefore, all Sonic has to do is keep his distance, wait for you to do something, and run in and punish. It's hard for me to beat good Sonics on wifi :/

Ok, there's my rant. Thanks for sticking through it :]
I'm actually surprised I've only played one MK main. The other one shouldn't count so much because he mains Falco and is better with Falco, he's just using Snake/MK on this ladder.

I'm seriously considering using G&W or something just to see how I do. I know there's one guy on the ladder named Chuky. He johns a lot. Anyway, he used to use Lucas, and he had some crappy record, with I think more losses than wins. This ladder though, he's using G&W, and well, just look. http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/player.aspx?id=19983

X_X

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNND Sigged. :)

What kind are you going to get? I tried to get one just the other day. All mine does is rotate a few times and then stop because the wii can't read the disc. :( Is there a special one made just for the wii?

Edit: ACK! Wall of text ninja's me?!?!? Also, do you have time for a few friendlies, Asdioh?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah TG, there is one made specifically for the Wii.

Also, Asdioh, I feel your pain, only I just can't play on Wifi period. Oddly enough, I think my Ganon has gotten me the most Wifi wins lol.
Also, I hacve a ****load of trouble with good Sonics offline honestly. Online, they're tough, but I seemed to do better than offline.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*shrug*

I'm going to use Random now on the ladder :)

I dunno TG. Maybe if I see you on...I'm gonna ladder now and see what Random does for me.

edit: got ROB against a Lucas. Got 0-deathed my first stock, made a comeback and got him to like 80% on his last stock before I lost. I got Fsmashed all 3 stocks.

Got Ganondorf against his Lucas, took his first stock because he gimped himself (along with me), got him again to like 80% on his last stock before I got fsmashed again and lost.

'twas fun

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can't wait to get my laptop back and do AiB again. :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ganon is always fun. Even if Lucas does **** his ****... as does everyone else...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I decided to Pick up Mr. G&W as a Sub Main...since i needed 3 characters to play as....I don't like even numbers....

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I repeatedly get pissed that i lost cuz of Wifi which i shoulda won, so i keep leaving the Ladder and re-joining when i feel like playing...im a little crazy...
But yea, about 5 of my 8 losses should have DEFINITELY been wins, me losing only because i cant fight the way i want to, or because the player was abusing the superpowers he got from the lag to gay me. Yes, gay is now a verb. My record is now 11-8...it used to be 8-0...btw im going ALL KIRBY this ladder, i dont want to get credit for wins that weren't Kirby, i want to get recognized...
=/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You know, there are ways to be recognized without being all Kirby. Not to mention recognition on Wifi is meh...

On top of that, YbM is a beast, so yeah, you'd have to go through at least him online for AiB, possibly also offline, before getting recognition.

Hell, most of the people on AiB that I play remember me for my Ganon, or occasionally my Mario (or my Kirby's Ps1 tricks lol).

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Ive played YbM online before, its pretty neck-and-neck...i think i can step it up and overcome it -_^
Not to call u out of anything YbM lolol.

I know theres other way to be distinguished, but going all Kirby is basically the "harder" road to take, and will reward with more recogntion if successful. and i sorta have to do it on Wifi, the tourney scene around here is a bit dry, and even when there is one, i have to convince my parents to let me go. >_<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've actually been using a lot of Kirby lately. I only use ICs when I'm :mad088: . And I like using Snake. I like Snake. :3

Suspect

Smash Hero
anyone think an Official Counter picking thread would be good? I think it would help are fellow kirbys out there that always go to tournies and never know what to counterpick/ban against players

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't we already have that? Hell, didn't we have like 3 others before the one we currently have?

What I think we should really do is have links to each stage's discussions in the main page of the one we currently have, kind of like the matchup thread.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
That Wifi Kirby Finder is basically dead, usually if ppl wanna play with someone they just post on the most active thead at the time askin random people to play. A bit disorganzed, but hey.

EDIT: Plus, that thread doesnt get updated, and some Kirby mains aren't on there...including me...;_;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's because no one posts on there. If you do, it shoots back to the top of the boards, and gets more attention.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only character your missing is Ice Climbers, the second best Hammer users in the game. XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha SuSa, shouldn't get our hopes up like that. Still, it's understandable.

Nice YbM! Do you actually use all those chars in tournies? I've never seen/heard of you using anything but Kirby.

Top Bottom