• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Interview Topic #11.5 - Uzi [ASK QUESTIONS]

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
In your opinion, what have the three most important advancements in Fox's metagame development been, and what do you want to see.

There.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
what Engineering are you study?

yeah Engineering FTW!!:chuckle:
lol. I am a mechanical Engineering student... a Senior at the University of Central FL in Orlando. You studying something like that too?

So...I can close questions tomorrow?
Sure, that's fine. NKB said he might ask some more, but if he doesn't get around to it, then just close it, sure./

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
whats ur favorite video game of all time
favorite band?
when are you gonna go to tourneys so we can see you vs co18? :)

Last edited:

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Have a lot on my plate (so don't expect anything productive from me for a while), but I'll pick this back up soon. Will do the interview shenanigans soon.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Interview with FenrirVII

Name? Darrel Wright
Age? 22
Location? Orlando, FL

1) Why the name Fenrir?

I went through a name change...er, I created a new account... a while back (previously, I had been "meleeguy" but decided to change since nobody could pronounce the word melee....even if they played the game...)
At the time, I had been reading a lot of Norse Mythology, and Fenrir was my favorite character... that mixed with my playing Fox in melee just seemed to fit.

2) WHY THE **** does it say you use Ike? T_T

I like the little Ike in my posts. I used to main him...and still have him as a very late option, but yeah, I just like it saying Ike.

3) Favorite candy?

hmm.... I really like heath, hershey's chocolate, and Crunch bars...

4) What's your favorite throw with Fox?

Dthrow is, imo, the most overall useful. I use it at the beginning of an opponent's stock, then when fthrow starts to knock them over, I'll mix that in.

5) Is it true that men who main fox have a bigger ****?

Obviously.

6) Do you WUMBO?

You know, I really don't even know what this is... lol

7) Where do you feel fox should be placed on the tier list?

Upper Mid or high, I would say... I blame all the sucky Fox players, and the lack of ones that actually try to be good.

8) Do you prefer playing offensively or defensively?

Defensively is the better option. In tourney, Defensive. In a friendly, offensive.... just a bit more fun, and allows me to experiment a bit more.

Friendlies only have one purpose... to learn. Every friendly you play, you should be learning something else, rather than trying to win.

9) Who is the best player you've faced?

based on tourney placings, I guess that'd be Seibrik... didn't think he was all that amazing, though. Oh, I did have a friendly with M2k... so him, I guess.

10) What is your favorite match or set you have played in a tournament?

$5 MM with Seibrik. xD Other than that, I've enjoyed wrecking characters that "counter" Fox... everybody tries to go Sheik/ZSS on me... (haven't really seen that many pikas)

11) If Fox didn't have the same Usmash, would you still use him?

Probably... I like his overall speed and mobility... He's one of the only characters that plays anywhere close to how he does... so yeah, probably.

12) What about if he had a Dair that was like Sheik and ZSS's?

If he had both, I'd really have to reconsider... I hate those dairs... gr.

13) Just like for Moogle, what have you done that gives you enough cred to be in a Fox main interview?

Well, I've been a major contributor to the Fox board for quite a while, really standing for Fox even against everybody around me. I've been a tourney player since Jan 2004, and have placed top 10 in the last tourneys I've attended... (out of 60+)... I think I'm one of the more knowledgeable Fox mains around here. (there aren't too many...)

14) Why must you continue to use Black Fox even if it's evil?

I use him BECAUSE he's evil...

15) What's the best string/combo you have performed that you can remember? If you can't remember it, then give me a rough description because I'd love to have a combo that erases memory.

wtf? Ok... I remember 0-deathing several big chars (a Bowser, mainly)... it wasn't all a combo, but I kept mixing up on him, so he couldn't shield or get away at all... it was a ridiculous like 0-110 - death combo against a ZSS player's second choice. lol.

Mainly consisted of grabs, Dairs, and utilts, mixed with a LOT of jabs, to keep him in shield...

Did something similar to some Warios, too...

16) When do you like to use D-air?

For punishment of anything predicted, or when it is just safe (land behind the shield against most chars)

It's amazing against called dodges/rolls, against some uairs and even usmashes...

17) Do you prefer a rising N-air or a falling N-air?

Completely different moves for different circumstances... Rising Nair is useful for getting safely out of shield, or getting around platform stages... Fall Nair is beautiful in that it combos into like every move Fox has... I probably prefer falling Nair, but I don't think they can be compared...

18) If you had to edgeguard somebody below the stage, what approach would you take? Above the stage?

Really character dependent here... but my basic edgeguarding style for below the stage is to just really watch what they do, and stay near the edge... Fox is really good about covering a HUGE edge area. so he can get really nice edge-hogs... and if he forces his opponent onto the stage, and they have a laggy up-B, usmash says hi...

Above the stage... typically about the same, but shield usmash where they land (if applicable), because it will beat everything with proper timing...

19) Which simple mistake do you repeatidly pull to screw you over/suicide? eg. Illusion off the edge, mess the timing on a rising F-air, etc.

For some reason, I sometimes jump uair instead of utilt... mainly happens on wifi, but it's really odd. : ( I like tap jump, so I don't want to turn it off..

20) Which aerial is your favorite?

Bair. I think it's the best zoning/spacing tool Fox has... has a nice amount of knockback, and nicely cancels into utilt or dsmash (among other things).

Fair is REALLY nice, but more situational....

Dair is an incredible punisher, but is limited for anything else.

21) Why do you and I have a green dot connection when we're across the entire country? (Kheldar)

See #5. We have dedicated antennas...

22) Have you heard of the sliding shine AT? If not, would you like to learn it?

Not by that name... I might know about it, but not by "sliding shine"... I'd learn it if it's useful...

23) Which 3 Fox players definitely outplay you?

I don't know that I can name 3 that "definitely outplay" me. I think I do about even (when I played tourneys) in tourney standing with all of them, and we don't have a good way to play against each other... (can't handle wifi lag)

Some of the better Foxes on the board are Zeton, A6M, Rook

24) Which 3 Fox players are probably the worst on this board?

Emblem Lord, Gheb_01, and SCOTU (kidding)... definitely not going to answer this question... because 1) I don't know, and 2) i don't like hurting feelings.

25) If you could have a long, uninterupted talk about Fox's metagame in a private discussion, which 3-5 players would you converse with?

Oooh, good question. I would pull Zhamy, A6M, F-zero, Zeton marsulas (never mained Fox and STILL knows more than 80% of Fox mains do about the character)

I think those would really pull in different ideas and methods to further the metagame... so them.

26) Which do you find more important: F-air, blaster, or jab?

REALLY tough here... And I think I have to go with Blaster...

Fair is a great zoning tool, but only really against some characters...

Jab is a huge continuation tool, but I think Fox could live without it.

Blaster is what allows him to force approaches, and handle them with good defensive tools, while refilling better moves... so I think it is the most important

27) Who is your favorite secondary?

Diddy... guy is so fun.

28) How good is fox's laser in your opinion?

See #26... one of the most important things he has... and is quite useful.

29) I heard Flamedash has priority over whorenado... does that mean that now MK matchup is lol for them?

Obvs. MK ain't ****

30) You think it would be better if fox could still have his SSB Fsmash instead of the one already?

lol no no.. too much ending lag. This Fsmash actually allows you to bait people into hitting your shield sometimes...

31) In your opinion, who is the most underrated Fox player on the boards?

F-Zero, if he still plays... nobody mntions him, but he has been in the upper tier of Fox players from the start.

32) What's your opinion on the WIP Fox Community Combo Video?

It's amazing...great idea... I just wish I had more vids... I only have like 3, so I can't be in it.

33) In your opinion, what have the three most important advancements in Fox's metagame development been, and what do you want to see in the future?

The decreasing amount of Dair approaches has greatly helped his game as a whole
The use of Bair rising as a spacing tool
Shield utilt... amazing tactic.

I'd really like to see Foxes be able to just...not get grabbed... he has the tools... just need to be very precise in play.

34) Favorite Fox matchup?

Falco... match is too easy...
Wolf is very even... one of the more intense...
Snake is incredibly fun to play against...
Olimar...too easy
MK... yeah, I like the match.

35) Best Placing?

I've gotten 5th once or twice, and a couple 7ths ... all out of around 60-100 people...

36) What do you do after a kill? Do you taunt, do random tech skill, or just bask in the epic Fox kill you just pulled off?

the third option... Nah, I reset spacing, and get to a better position.. (edge of the level/ on a platform/etc)

37) Why does every Fox player wish to be like NeverKnowsBest? (Especially Zhamy, he just loves me)

NKB is too goods...

38) What does the VII at the end of your name mean?

I killed VI, and thus became VII...

if only that were true... my favorite number is 7... so it's roman numeral ("fenrir" was taken... gr)

39) Why aren't their videos of your Brawl Fox?

I have three....

Me Vs CT (pit) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJpOlasj8E)
Me vs Bonesaw (MK) 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOI11AxO42k)
Me vs Bonesaw (MK) 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoM5p8ZIWyU)

And a few other teams matches (I teamed with fearless.. so search for that, if you want)

I just don't have my own recording equipment... so I can't make any of my own vids.. I also haven't been to a tourney very recently (a fact that is changing soon)... so all my vids are pretty old...

40) What's your favorite Fox custom texture?

I don't use any of them, but I really like the storm trooper...

41) What is your favorite game period in your gaming history?

A few years back, when I would actually travel for Melee... went all around the country...that was fun.

42) What's your favorite video game of all time?

Super Metroid... game is too amazing.

43) Favorite Band?

I like a whole lot... big fan of little man tate, Jet, etc...

44) When are you going to go to tourneys so we can see you **** CO18?

I played him before... he actually beat me, but pretty soon, I hope..

45) How do you feel about several different people asking you random questions?

it's awesome.

46) Why do you main Fox?

I feel he's a good character, with almost no backing... and he's just fun to play... His speed is really fun, and the combos/killing power he has make hima really fun character...

47) what's your opinion on brawl+?

Actually, I haven't tried it... : /
---

End of interview, A6M is next, go.

Zephil

Smash Ace
5) Is it true that men who main fox have a bigger ****?

Obviously.
21) Why do you and I have a green dot connection when we're across the entire country? (Kheldar)

See #5. We have dedicated antennas...
There are no words to express how much WIN there is in these answers!! :chuckle:

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
what makes you worthy to be interviewed in a fox main list?

why fox?

meta ban, yes or no?

whats your opinion on brawl+?

whats your favorite stage/least favorite stage?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
where did you go for like 6months lol
do you plan on coming to canada genesis?
favorite tournament match?
have you ever played clouderz LOL

Jenkins

Smash Lord
A6M why do you make fox mains look so bad by being a conceited ***hole?

do you WUMBO?

(fox mains gotta learn da wumbo)

Favorite candy?

Fox mains have the biggest d*cks, right?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Why is NeverKnowsBest your favorite Fox player?

What is Foxes hardest match up to you?

Do you wish Foxes laser was more like Wolf's or Falco's?

Do you think Foxes Melee Shine would be amazing in Brawl?

Can't think of anything else right now. Brain is facked from studying for a math test I hae in 4 hours. I hate math...I really do. See you all sometime soon, hopefully =3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
A6M why do you lay the wood to haters?

A6M why are you the best Fox player that nobody knows about?

A6M will you have my babies?

Top Bottom