• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
isai vs ken

isai frequently would edgehog, keep his invincibility and then roll when ken had to upB. ken lands on the stage by necessity and isai bairs him in his lag

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I've been screwing around with your advice and I've come up with a pretty solid combo.
Grab, Dthrow
Grab again, nair. marth can nair out of this, at least the cpu has. Human opponents have not.
grab once more, dthrow.
Knee. If you are quick, he can't tech the dthrow.
If you started the combo at zero, which is when it's meant to start from, he should be at 50% from this knee. This is the perfect time to go into a double knee. If he's not off the stage, you're doing it wrong.
Finishing with proper isaiguard will make this a definite zero to death combo.

EDIT:
This is actually solid, and I think I should explain it a bit more. The closer you are to the percents that I will provide below, the more knees you can get in at the end. I've gotten three.
At the beginning, they should be at zero. Dthrow should bring them to 7, but decay will applies sometimes. It matters not. Regrab and uthrow, bringing them to about 13-12 percent. The nair should have them at 25ish. Dthrow should have them 32ish, and knee will have them at 50. 2nd knee, though not mandatory, should have them at 65ish, and then if you want to be cool and get a third knee, they should be at about 75. I haven't run the percent's attack by attack, but if I see them at any of these percents I tend to pick it up from that spot.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
too bad the grab again fails if they DI your first dthrow away and tech/not tech or whatever. then you must tech chase grab or stomp into another grab. you're a failure. stop testing **** on computers. quit the game. play brawl.

brawl sucks.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i think it doesnt combo til like 40% and above, and never if they DI away

i've recently decided, after being sick of people DIing away from my throws at the edge and being unable to follow them up, to just fthrow people when i grab them at the edge at high %s. its amazing, basically a ko in falcon dittos cause its so easy to edgeguard them from that distance

4% APR

Smash Champion
can you get them with a dthrow uair by the edge if they di out? if it worked they would still be DIing out and most likely die

The Irish Mafia

too bad the grab again fails if they DI your first dthrow away and tech/not tech or whatever. then you must tech chase grab or stomp into another grab. you're a failure. stop testing **** on computers. quit the game. play brawl.

brawl sucks.
Well you have a good day too.
I first preformed it on a human opponent, and not just a scrub, but someone who knew what he was doing. the majority of my tests have been on human opponents, so yeah no u
and brawl sucks

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
I first preformed it on a human opponent, and not just a scrub, but someone who knew what he was doing. the majority of my tests have been on human opponents, so yeah no u
and brawl sucks
lol who's this "someone" cuz yea....that's not a 0-death

especially the "cg" lol

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
So the other day, a friend of mine who (stubbornly) mains zelda (and has gotten quite extraordinary with her) and I were doing a few team matches, FF-on of course, against two reasonably good players (falcon + falco/fox) and tbh we were mauling them. They won maybe once out of 8 matches. I don't know if we just outplayed them and/or if a good zelda player's style is just unconventional enough to throw a player off. Because seriously he was stock tanking like a mofo and I was giving the business.

Falcon + zelda = works?

Blitz Falcon

Smash Apprentice
Question about tourny play.

I've always been taught to tech chase and be completely aggressive with falcon. Chase Chase Chase.
But is it actually better to space and camp with falcon? Especially for tourny play?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Uh well it depends who you are playing, if you are playin glike falco or fox they will outcamp you. it's that simple. so you need to tech chase them and be aggressive with your grabs and once you get a hit. Against marth its more about outspacing him.

I dunno any other matchups than those three XD

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Well Peach also has the ability to out camp you too, but you just have ot watch CC.

and mario....i dunno how good he can fire ball camp you but it shouldnt matter just run a train on him and combo his ***

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You DD camp to force opponents without projectiles (good one anyway) to come to you so you can punish whatever they do

DrewB008

Smash Lord
camping is tough to define apparently

generally with falcon you dont want to approach, if you can avoid it. his game is all about baiting people and punishing them for their mistakes, so in basically every matchup you want to outspace people and jump around until you can get a hit or grab in.

youre faster than everybody, so you can avoid getting hit as long as you dont try to hit them. thats the idea of camping with captain falcon

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if camping's the right word for that, but at least I get what you mean now. Thanks for the help, knowing to Falcon-camp should improve my game a bit.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well those and... Mario and peach are the only ones I need, so thanks =)
For peach when she goes in the air pick an aerial that involves your feet then tell her that she was a silly ***** for trying.

If she camps you with turnips I think you can aerial through her turnip and hit her.

Just remember to call her a silly *****.

Scar

#HarveyDent
dd camp, grab camp, nair camp...

cf camps on platforms really well, watch azen camp dj dairs vs chu for like a whole match

The Irish Mafia

Thanks for the info guys =)))

Gamer, send me some tips on peach!!!

Since you Double Raptor boosted to triple knee'd The Turnip Tosser =P
as a peach player, I think peach v falcon is 5.5 to 4.5 in falcon's favor. Peach is mad slow when it comes to getting across the stage, which allows falcon to be everywhere before peach is halfway across FD. However, her projectiles balance that out. Falcon vs. Peach comes down to 2 factors: Prediction and spacing. Peach can pull moves out of anywhere with FC nair and the like, and the dsmash is more or less a free half-stock. Falcon just has to mind-games peach into doing one of her stupid laggy moves and then knee to knee combo. Keep in mind that leaving yourself for even a second could result in getting hit hard.

TLDR; Peach is a predicting character, win by out predicting.

I know I wasn't asked but I know this matchup really well.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
and brawl sucks
ummm he must have been a scrub if u are grabing him 4 times in one combo without tech chasing

PolMex23

Smash Champion
For peach when she goes in the air pick an aerial that involves your feet then tell her that she was a silly ***** for trying.

If she camps you with turnips I think you can aerial through her turnip and hit her.

Just remember to call her a silly *****.
LOLOLOOLLOOLOLOLLOOL i love it

Also Isai is one of , or is, the smartest smasher.

Smartest person? Who knows. But smartest smasher, surely top 3.

He was sometimes several steps ahead of people, an mixed in his punishment of side dodges with forcing certain techs very well.

Thats what I liked about him. How hard he would punish the side dodge or the shield grab sometimes. Also his edge guarding was sometimes so absurd =) Wait a minute...

I liked every aspect of his game =). Just the punishing part is key,

Top Bottom