• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I have been wondering this for a little while now. How exactly was this combo being tested?
You go into a match with 99 stock, you have a friend with a controller, you get them up to the proper percent using jabs, you do the combo and ask them to do a certain move to see if they escape. After that you type in the Microsoft Word document.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The way I was testing this was by figuring out if the sourspottd bair forced a get-up animation. I did it on training mode by raising the percentage meter one point at a time until the sourspotted bair forced a get-up animation. However, I did not have a person trying to dodge or attack out of it. I don't know anyone willing to help me with this in real life.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that was at least an interesting read. Always find it facinating how these things tend to progress. At any rate thanks for some ideas on Sheik basics, even if I don't use this "combo" (not trying to start a debate here) for anything more than "hey guy, look what I can do". Just plain learning that sourspot Bair has stun properties was news to me. As a (terrible) Zelda main, anything I can learn to improve my Sheik game helps round me out.

Keep poking at it. Ive found huge debates over small variations in DI and SDI only apply when something is clearly anticipated (i.e. theres no way Falco is following his chaingrab off the ledge with anything BUT a spike against my Link). Imo, a footstool jump of any kind is like a PAWWNCH to the ego, and should be used for sheer WTF factor. Though it seems evident that this combo or anything like it will be restricted to a handful of characters, I like toying with the idea of chasing a suprise ftilt footstool with a Bair or needles in general.

Thanks for the tidbits everyone.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
You go into a match with 99 stock, you have a friend with a controller, you get them up to the proper percent using jabs, you do the combo and ask them to do a certain move to see if they escape. After that you type in the Microsoft Word document.
Is there some reason why you didn't use handicap to make it faster to get them to the correct percent?

saviorslegacy

Is there some reason why you didn't use handicap to make it faster to get them to the correct percent?
Yes, I was testing to see what percent I could perform it at too.
In which case I have went back and edited the post cuz I got better at this and I could perform it at a lower percent.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The way I was testing this was by figuring out if the sourspottd bair forced a get-up animation. I did it on training mode by raising the percentage meter one point at a time until the sourspotted bair forced a get-up animation. However, I did not have a person trying to dodge or attack out of it. I don't know anyone willing to help me with this in real life.
I think that if you throw a needle it forces a get up.

so sourspotted bair > needle might work.

This might've been pointed out im just posting some stuff

saviorslegacy

I think that if you throw a needle it forces a get up.

so sourspotted bair > needle might work.

This might've been pointed out im just posting some stuff
*tried that
It is all and all more effective to just do the current Saltus.
Oh.. and they can DI the Needle's so it is even less effective so in the end it screws you up.

If anything you can do this:
f-tilt> footstool> DI left/right> Needle> repeat
That is usually harder than it is worth though.......

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think it was determined to only actually work on ROB, Wario, Olimar, Samus, G&W, Jigglypuff... I might be forgetting one in there.

legion598

Smash Ace
mkay so u know how u can use a Bair to link into Ftilts? does that get u close enough to them to start the saltus combo?

I think u should test this on MK before others unless u already have

saviorslegacy

mkay so u know how u can use a Bair to link into Ftilts? does that get u close enough to them to start the saltus combo?

I think u should test this on MK before others unless u already have
If you are talking about a f-tilt set up then yes. There is also Nair, Fair, d-tilt, jab and sex kick weak hit.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
So is this confirmed on MK? I noticed on the OP that several characters have *combo confirmed* and MK does not, even though he is supposedly one of the easiest to do this to. I've tried this on human MK and they can always roll out of the footstool if they hold left or right. So is this me just not FFing the bair quick enough? Or can they always get out of it?

saviorslegacy

So is this confirmed on MK? I noticed on the OP that several characters have *combo confirmed* and MK does not, even though he is supposedly one of the easiest to do this to. I've tried this on human MK and they can always roll out of the footstool if they hold left or right. So is this me just not FFing the bair quick enough? Or can they always get out of it?
They can get out of it.
There are two exceptions though:
#1 If your ledge cancel you can perform it.
#2 You can perform this like crazy at Luigi's Mansion.

Cold Fusion

Shouldn't the list on the OP only include the characters that this works on?

Cold Fusion

Use a handle on the GC control to move the control stick.

saviorslegacy

Kinda hard to decay, damage and do this to someone when they keep walking off the ledge with invincability frames.......
Look like the way to counter this combo is to simply walk away.....

Cold Fusion

The way this combo should be tested is by checking whether or not people can jump, airdodge, or attack out of this and checking if the sourspotted bair forces a get-up animation.

saviorslegacy

The way this combo should be tested is by checking whether or not people can jump, airdodge, or attack out of this and checking if the sourspotted bair forces a get-up animation.
lol
They can't jump.
The sour spot does not force a get up.
They cannot air dodge.
They cannot attack out of it (unless you are referring to a get up attack)

I need to check if they can roll or attack get up. The timing is very strict on this.

saviorslegacy

If this is true for each character, then this combo is worthless. However, on some characters it actually forces the get-up animation.
Who cares about the force get up animation? Bair is a jab lock and it true combo's into f-tilt.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
isnt it possible when you hit the ground to hit shield and a direction at the same in order to roll away? does this not work when you footstool them?

Cold Fusion

isnt it possible when you hit the ground to hit shield and a direction at the same in order to roll away? does this not work when you footstool them?
Why do many people still think this is possible?

saviorslegacy

Why do many people still think this is possible?
Cuz most don't know about jab locks.
I was only introduced to it by a Squirtle main. It is still pretty knew and anyone that is just starting to get into SSBB will more than likely not know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom