• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
prediction is guessing hax
actually a prediction is more of an educated guess...as in they have some idea of what there appoint may do. Hax isn't randomly selecting a direction and hoping they go that way...he narrows his predictions based on the situation and the player hes playing....

DrewB008

Smash Lord
hey i was thinking about it and i realized that if hax has the ability to read minds and/or see the future, then predicting is not the same as guessing

otherwise it still is, one just sounds better

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
How do I not get grabbed by Marth? lol

Seriously though. This is frustrating. My friend always grabs me, throws me backwards (I'll be near the edge so I have no place to go) and then I start getting *****. Especially if he gets me off the edge. -_-

I feel so nub too because he spams fsmash so much ugh.

PB&J

Smash Hero
hax..after seeing hbox play yesterday..he won teams...

u and him are goping to **** genesis so hurry up and buy your ticket before the price goes up son

Hax

Smash Champion
double-jump a lot, and let the marth come to you (just like any other matchup). DD back and forth and grab him when he bluffs a fsmash. or if fsmash is really all he does, dash up to him and shield, and let the fsmash hit you. you can shorthop knee out of shield and marth can't avoid it. at low percents, you can regrab after this.

pb me and hbox have already won genesis.. resistance is futile lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
double-jump a lot, and let the marth come to you (just like any other matchup). DD back and forth and grab him when he bluffs a fsmash. or if fsmash is really all he does, dash up to him and shield, and let the fsmash hit you. you can shorthop knee out of shield and marth can't avoid it. at low percents, you can regrab after this.

pb me and hbox have already won genesis.. resistance is futile lol
You wish, my team will win! I will crush everyone in my path!!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Mango and M2K got 1st and second in singles. It's just a matter of who manages 3rd. =x

Also, whoever gets 1st or second in teams is whoever has Mango or M2K on their team. At that point it only matter who gets third.

Hax

Smash Champion
mango and lucky are teaming

m2k and jman are teaming

jman is bad at super smash bros melee

his team will not win

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Do any Falcon players like to d-throw, then use the first hit of the nair to jab-reset?

Then again, is there any reason to do this as opposed to jabbing? I'm just kinda playing around with Falcon right now and did this, but I don't know about it's practicality or if anyone does it.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I believe M2K does that (or has done it)
I prefer to jab just because of my habits from playing fox
not sure which is more beneficial

kupo15

Smash Hero
How come the raptor boost gives no hitstun when you hit someone that is lying on the ground? It may not happen all the time but I can do it several times in a row. Just down throw like falco and raptor when he bounces and he flies up but is not stunned. This also happens to other moves like falco's shine btw

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
How come the raptor boost gives no hitstun when you hit someone that is lying on the ground? It may not happen all the time but I can do it several times in a row. Just down throw like falco and raptor when he bounces and he flies up but is not stunned. This also happens to other moves like falco's shine btw
Some moves when used repeatedly, will fail to stun the opponent. Raptor boost can also be crouch canceled. Either the opponent wont go anywhere, or he will just bounce and stay on the ground. You'll know you aren't stunned when you are sent in the air, and you see your character in a "standing" animation. Pikachu's d-smash has this effect too, but when you see the standing animation, and you jump, you'll go super high and sometimes KO yourself.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Some moves when used repeatedly, will fail to stun the opponent. Raptor boost can also be crouch canceled. Either the opponent wont go anywhere, or he will just bounce and stay on the ground. You'll know you aren't stunned when you are sent in the air, and you see your character in a "standing" animation. Pikachu's d-smash has this effect too, but when you see the standing animation, and you jump, you'll go super high and sometimes KO yourself.
Ah...something I din't knew...crouch cancel foward B. O.o; And yet, you haven't told me this yet :p. like, what gives?

I also learned NOT to come to a waiting-in-the-edge marth...because they grab you and do some nasty things in the corner that will lose you a stock...just...stay in the middle when you play him. Other than that...not sure what else o.o;

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
its not when you use a move repeatedly, its when your opponent is on the floor knocked down and not doing anything, and then you bring him up with the raptor boost that it happens. same with falco's shine

Hax

Smash Champion
i think the raptor boost thing has to do with them CC'ing it.. not sure tho but i know what you mean and i hate that

haxbox360

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i think the raptor boost thing has to do with them CC'ing it.. not sure tho but i know what you mean and i hate that

haxbox360
yeah im pretty sure that's exactly what happens. when someone CCs a raptor boost and falls immediately can they tech? usually people do the getup attack and i just DJ stomp or DD grab.

Milos

Smash Lord
no it's when they are in a certain part of the "missing tech" animation and they get hit with a move that would send them up. it happens with y links up b and pika's d smash because there are parts of those moves that hit you on the ground (ie you can tech during those moves) thats why sometimes you go flying up.

Top Bottom