• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Lyn was a good set, better than I could have expected given the amount of potential Lyn has. Her highly mobile sword style was a nice twist compared to the stale styles present on characters such as Marth. Florina was also a nice (and unexpected) touch to the moveset. The biggest problem is, understandably, a good bit of blandness, especially in the bow section. Moves like the grappling shot help this, but a significant portion of her moveset being simple/straight-forward arrows isn't helping anything. Other complaints could include the overly simplistic implementation of items such as the mine, which really just seems like a faster but weaker variation on Snake's Down Smash.

Probably my favorite move in the set was the Down Special. While similar to a counter, it's properties are much more flexible and unique.

Overall, I would not call this an amazing set, but it is reasonably above-average, especially considering how little Lyn seems to have to work with, seeing as both swords and to a lesser extent bows are overplayed in Smash. I'm glad to see that someone else in MYM appreciates the FE series.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm hoping that I could make a few sets in MYM6, but there's one tiny problem...

i'm a n00b.

I don't know the general damage percentage of each type of move, I can't write up a good playstyle section, and I don't even play Smash all that competitively.

Don't get me wrong, I understand all the requirements... Just a little help would be wonderful.
I think the best place to begin would be our little headquarters of sorts, The Abyss. In addition to having a list of movesets for you to peruse, there are also a couple of useful articles about various aspects of moveset making, such as:

- Organization
- Playstyle
- Priority
- Charged Moves

I'd also suggest scrolling to the bottom and reading some of the reviews on older movesets, especially those by Chief Mendez. They're incredibly readable and most of them talk about more general issues that many movesets have.

Under MYM History, you can also find the MYM 4 Top 50. You can track down any of the top movesets by searching for them in that thread, and I'd suggest you start with Simirror (for detail), Mach Rider (for playstyle), Kefka (for creativity), and Fang the Sniper (for a combination of all of the above).

Now, I don't know how much of this you've already seen, so if I'm coming off as patronizing, sorry about that.

And as to not playing Smash competitively, that's no problem at all. Few of us are even relatively competitive, and we even have few MYMers who don't own Brawl at all.

If you need anything else, just ask. I know Kibble wrote a few more useful articles at some point, and someone must have them squirreled away somewhere...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think the best place to begin would be our little headquarters of sorts, The Abyss. In addition to having a list of movesets for you to peruse, there are also a couple of useful articles about various aspects of moveset making, such as:

- Organization
- Playstyle
- Priority
- Charged Moves

I'd also suggest scrolling to the bottom and reading some of the reviews on older movesets, especially those by Chief Mendez. They're incredibly readable and most of them talk about more general issues that many movesets have.

Under MYM History, you can also find the MYM 4 Top 50. You can track down any of the top movesets by searching for them in that thread, and I'd suggest you start with Simirror (for detail), Mach Rider (for playstyle), Kefka (for creativity), and Fang the Sniper (for a combination of all of the above).

Now, I don't know how much of this you've already seen, so if I'm coming off as patronizing, sorry about that.

And as to not playing Smash competitively, that's no problem at all. Few of us are even relatively competitive, and we even have few MYMers who don't own Brawl at all.

If you need anything else, just ask. I know Kibble wrote a few more useful articles at some point, and someone must have them squirreled away somewhere...
Don't worry about coming off as patronizing; I need all the help I can get!:laugh:

This is really helpful. Thanks for the links and advice.

In fact, I'm already getting ideas as to what I'm going to do...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Attention, MYMers!

In the construction of MYM Man, my planned final moveset for this contest, I've designed a move with different effects on different characters. In addition to the Brawl cast, I'd like to list its effect on various MYM entries. If you'd like some of your entries included in the list, PM me with links to 2-3 of your movesets you'd like included. Do not respond in the thread. If you have no preference on which moveset, but want some of yours included, still send me links to your movesets, and I'll make the decision myself. If you send links to too many movesets, I probably won't include them all.

Thank you, that is all.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
*Is happy to see his MYM4 set continue to get loving*

<3 K.Rool

I look fowards to seeing what you come up with Clownbot, I always enjoy getting to meet new people in MYM. :bee:

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to what you're capable of, Clownbot.

REPLIES TO COMMENTS ON LYN:
@Wizzerd: Yeah, I think that my orginization and the playstyle is fairly weak. I made the Evasion/Range-dancing style because Lyn was decent at both ranges in her game and her high speed (and thus evade) was her main means of staying alive. I got what I wanted with it, but I agree it's generic. I've updated the orginization with some help from Plorf and PhatCat203 of the Xat chat, so hopefully it's not as difficult to read as before.

@Chris Lionheart: In retrospect, I wonder if I should've cut out the Sword/Bow mechanic, so I wouldn't have had to cram in the extra generic "Hit stuff with sword/Shoot stuff with bow but with a twist" attacks. I like it, since it feels more like something out of Fire Emblem, but it forced me to make more moves for someone who didn't have a lot of non generic attack options to begin with. And yeah, I hope there's going to be more Fire Emblem in the future.

Thanks for the review, both of you. I updated the orginization, at least. I hope it's easier to read now. Should I switch out the Cyan for something else? Used too much? Not enough?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
As I haven't said so already, welcome to MYM Clownbot :bee:

And what's this? Some news of MYM Man?!
Good news indeed, I'm eagerly awaiting him.

And for H_R:

BlackDoomWheelieGeneralGreivousNacktheWeaselTheRaptorsHyper_Ridley
DeathDaroach1/2ofCortezTridentKnight

:p.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

Marowak

Backstory

_____ Marowak is a Ground-type Pokémon. It evolves from Cubone starting at level 28. Marowak are highly skilled at fighting with the bones they carry around, capable of using them as clubs for close combat or as boomerang-like throwing weapons. Marowak, and its pre-evolution, Cubone, are the only known Pokémon that learn Bone Club and Bonemerang. Marowak doesn’t change much in his physical appearance when he evolves from Cubone.

Stats:

~~~ Strength: 6.5/10 (without any stat effect)

_____ Marowak has some KO moves to boot, but nothing to special. I say on par to the likes of Mario.

~~~ General Lag of moves: 7/10

_____ Marowak has some quick moves, and his laggier moves are mainly his KO moves.

~~~ Walking speed: 4/10

_____ Marowak’s walk is very below average for his size.

~~~ Running speed: 6.5/10

_____ This would be about just underneath Pikachu if it wasn’t for that massive skull he carries on his head.

~~~ Range: 4.5/10 (5 with the bone in the down smash)

_____ For someone who wields a weapon, the bone is a bit shorter than Toon Links sword, which makes Marowak have the least amount of range out of the weapon wielding characters (although it is disjointed).

~~~ Projectile Range: 6.5/10

_____ This is only average for his size, the range of his projectiles are similar to Links.

~~~ Weight: 4/10

_____ Marowak is very light, just a tad heavier than Pikachu (due to the skull).

~~~ Fall Speed: 7/10

_____ He drops quite fast considering his very small size

~~~ Size: 3/10

_____ Marowak is about the same size as Pikachu in smash bros, being one of the shorter characters in the game.

~~~ 1st Jump: 5/10

_____ This is average, nothing notable.

~~~ 2nd Jump: 5/10

_____ Practically no change in height compared to the first jump.

~~~ Aerial Movement: 7/10

_____ This is great for someone the size of Marowak.

~~~ Crouch: 4/10

_____ It’s decent, but since his so small anyway, the crouch isn’t that much better.

~~~ Traction: 8/10

_____ Marowak has good traction surprisingly, must be the weight he carries on his head slows him down.

~~~ Grab range: 4/10

_____ This is not good, slightly better than those of the Ice Climbers, but it’s small due to Marowaks tiny size.

Crawl: No
Wall Jump: No
Wall Cling: No
Glide: No
Tether: No

Specials

~~~ Side Special: Bonemerang <– <– <– Also Marowaks special mechanic, READ NAO!

_____ Marowak turns his body to the left a bit, and has his right arm (the arm he’s holding the bone with) around his body. After a slight pause, Marowak will throw his Bone (which is spinning around) forwards about the same distance as Toon Links bommerang. At this point, it has nothing interesting to it. But, when it reaches it’s peak distance (Half of final destination), it just continually spins around in one spot. If you press side-b again, from whatever position you are in, the Bone will always go back into Marowaks right hand. The Bone will go back to Marowaks hand if it gets hit at any time during the move, when it’s thrown and when it’s spinning in one spot. The bone will disappear once you are KO’d if it’s still in one spot. The Bone does 9% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. The Bone also travels at the same speed as Links Boomerang. This also has mid-low priority, and that it has low start-up and ending lag. When you don’t have possession of the bone, you will do the move animations of moves with the bone, but it doesn’t do anything (like Olimar with no pikmin), some have exceptions, which would be found in the moves themselves. This move can seriously screw the opponents recovery when timed to perfection, even if it doesn’t hit them, they’ll try to air dodge it before using their recovery, and that should put them in a bad position, ready to get hit by one of your aerials. You can also aim it like Toon Links boomerang as well. Reflectors also just make the Bone just go back into his hand while it travels.
<9%>

~~~ Neutral Special: Stealth Rock

_____ Marowak looks towards his back very quickly, and grabs a handful of spiky looking brown rocks. Marowak then just dumps them on the floor in front of him (the rocks are very small, about the same size of Kirby’s hands). This has very little start-up and ending lag. This move is used when the opponent walks on top of the rocks, they take very little damage for every step they take on the pile of rocks. Marowak dumps rocks about the same size of a stage builder block in front of himself. Depending how much rocks you piled on one area, the more damage each step takes and the slower the opponent will walk up it (as due to gravity, it will form a small hill). You can choose to either dump a lot of rocks in a line, or dump them in a pile for an effect that’s explained in the next sentence. There’s a little trick though, if you pile lots off rocks on top of beach other, once you do about 5 stealth rocks on top of each other, when the opponent walks onto the rocks, they will stun the opponent in one spot for 3 seconds. The rocks also increases the chance of tripping by 6.75%. Each pile of Stealth rocks last for 20 seconds, and that you can only do 5 Stealth Rocks at a time til all the piles are disappeared. The following list will show how much damage each pile does.

• 1 Stealth Rocks Pile: 0 - 1% every step you take
  • 2 Stealth Rocks Pile: 0 - 2% every step you take
  • 3 Stealth Rocks Pile: 1 - 3% every step you take, plus opponents walk 1.1 times slower on top of it.
  • 4 Stealth Rocks Pile: 2 - 4% every step you take, plus opponents walk 1.2 times slower on top of it.
  • 5 Stealth Rocks Pile: 2 - 5% every step you take, plus opponents walk 1.35 times slower on top of it. When the opponent reaches the peak of the mountain, the effect of being stunned for 3 seconds occurs.

_____This doesn’t affect Marowak (only the player, not in dittos), and the stealth rocks changes colour if the Marowak uses a different recolor. The Stealth Rocks will last 20 seconds, and it can’t be sweeped off. You’d want to use this when you have space, forcing opponents into the air, as in the competitive scene, every damage matters. If you have the space, put 5 Stealth Rocks in a line or a pile, trying to stun the opponent or getting mass amounts off damage done if the opponent doesn’t avoid the rocks. This makes characters with a lacking aerial game such as Snake or Ganondorf into a bad position.
<0 – 5%>

~~~ Up Special: Rock Climb

_____ When you press this button, Marowak will quickly raise his Bone, and it will flash quickly for a very brief moment. Marowak will stay in mid-air when he does this action. This causes a giant brown boulder and 1.5 times the size of Bowser to appear 2 Ivysaurs in front of Marowak. The brown rock will appear 2 stage builder blocks higher than the position Marowak does this. The brown boulder falls down at a quite fast pace as well. You have access to another jump to make the falling boulder (the boulder also reaches the same distance as Falcos blaster going downwards, and is stopped by obstacles). When you make the other boulder, you can jump off it at the same height as the first jump, and enter free-fall.

_____However, if you quickly press up-b when you touch the ground of the falling boulder, another boulder will appear to the left side of the first boulder 2 stage builder block and 2 Ivysaurs from the position you use up-b again. If you press jump again, you have another jump to get onto the boulder in the same way as the first boulder. However, if you jump to one of the sides, and press the opposite way of the Boulders side, Marowak kicks off the boulder to gain horizontal distance that off an uncharged Pikachu Skull Bash. When you jump off the second boulder in any way, you’ll enter free-fall. You won’t enter free-fall from the first boulder jump if you press up-b, but you do if you don’t press up-b for the first boulder and jumping. This has great vertical recovery – if you know how to use it properly, otherwise you’d might be going more downwards than upwards, and perfecting the jump onto the boulders as quickly as you can is hard. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, and has a long duration.

_____On the ground, if you press up-b, Marowak will raise it’s Bone up into the sky (if you don’t have the bone, the boulder will still come), and a Boulder about 2.5 stage builder blocks high of the ground will strike 2 Ivysaurs in front of Marowak. The Boulders also do 15% and mid-high knockback, which sends opponents diagonally upwards. This also has high start-up and ending lag, but the priority is amazing. This can be used to shut down opponents aerial or grounded who are trying to approach you.
<15%>

~~~ Down Special: Thicken Club

_____ Marowak looks towards the screen, and then looks at his club. Marowak then proceeds to grab a stone, and sharpens the surface of the club with the stone, and when you’re done, the club will have a tiny bit of shine on it. You can hold this down for a maximum of 5 seconds, and you can cancel it like Samus/Dks neutral B. This has a bit of start-up with no ending lag. What this move does, is that for every second you charge this up with, the stronger the next few BONE attacks will be (which is 1.25 times stronger). Here are the amounts of strong Bone attacks you have depending on the amount of charge:

• 1 second: 2 bone attacks
  • 2 seconds: 4 bone attacks
  • 3 seconds: 6 bone attacks
  • 4 seconds: 8 bone attacks
  • 5 seconds: 10 bone attacks

_____Okay, here’s the catch, if you use this move for, lets say, 2 seconds, and then you charge it up for 5 seconds, the latter charge doesn’t do anything, and for the club to be charged again, the remaining bone attacks you have left must be used up (or when you lose a stock, which the mechanic resets) to charge up again. This means that none-of-the-wiser players would be wasting their time. Oh, and that the bone attacks must hit a character or something hit able to use one of the charged hits as well. You’ll want to do this when the opponents dead, at the beginning of the match, or at the beginning of a stock. You’d want to use this to KO your opponents earlier, or to rack up damage quickly.

Standards/Tilts

~~~ Neutral A: Bone Rush

_____ There are multiple moves at different parts of the AAA combo, so I’ll break it down to every stage, you follow the 3 stages on the direction it says whilst pressing A at the same time, the combo/attack you want out of the moves of the stages is up to you, as you get granted to achievement for doing a specific combo:

Stage 1 (when you first press the button input): No direction.

_____ Marowak simply leans forward a bit, and sweeps his right hand (with the bone in) to his left at mid height. This has very low start-up lag, and if you want cancel it into other moves at this point. This has quite small range considering as well. This does a ****** of 3% and just a stun that can go into the second part of this move (the bone has a red outline).
<3%>

Stage 2: Forward and A after the first part of the move.

_____ Marowak then steps forward again, and pokes the bone as far as he can in front of himself. This also has very low start-up lag, but if you don’t follow into the last part, it has considerable amount of ending lag. This only does another messily 3% and just hit-stun, so it can link to the last part of the move (the Bone has a red outline).
<3%>

Stage 2: Upwards and A

_____ Marowak then from his position from the first stage, he flicks his bone upwards into the sky with his right hand. This also has very little start-up lag, but again if you do nothing after this part, it has quite a bit of ending lag. This also has lower range than the first stage as well. This also does a messily 3% and hit-stun, so it can link in with the last stage (the bone has a Yellow outline).
<3%>

Stage 2: Downwards and A

_____ Marowak will then lean more downwards while taking another step forwards, and then sweeps the bone low to the ground to his right. This has a chance of tripping the opponent. This also has very low start-up lag, but it has some ending lag if you don’t follow with stage 3 moves. This also has decent range as well. This does a small 3% and only hit-stun, allowing you to hit with the last stage attacks (the bone has a blue outline).
<3%>

Final Stage: Forwards and A straight after the second stage.

_____ Marowak will then stand up tall and will stand to his side. Marowak will dip its head down a bit, and have the bone underneath its left arm. After a brief moment, the bone will have a flame lit on the tip of the bone (being its sweet-spot, and when hit sets the opponent ablaze). After this, Marowak will swing the bone straight horizontally, and this makes the fire spread in the air really fast. This has a bit of start-up lag, and quite a bit of ending lag as well. This also has decent range. When sour-spotted, it does 4% and low-high knockback, which sends opponents horizontally. When sweet-spotted, this does 6% and mid knockback, which sends opponents diagonally upwards. Try using a section which sends the opponents the slightest furthest, so you can hit with the sweet-spot (the bone will have a red outline).
<4/6%>

Final Stage: Upwards and A.

_____ Marowak will take another step forwards, and sticks his right arm into the sky a bit. After this, Marowak swings the bone in a circle motion once anti-clockwise. This has 3 multiple hits from the beginning of this section. This has low start-up lag, but quite a bit of ending lag. This also covers a decent range as well, swinging it in a circle motion. The first 2 hits both do 1% and hit-stun, and the last hit (when the bone is swung upwards) does 3% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponents upwards. This can be DI’d out off, so you’ll have to use it close up (the bone has a yellow outline).
<1 – 5%>

Final Stage: Downwards and A.

_____ Marowak will step a bit forwards, and then bashes his bone against the floor while crouching down to the ground. After a quick moment, Marowak will then get a bit higher up, and then swings his bone around in a circle low to the ground before standing up. This has a bit of start-up lag and quite a bit of ending lag. This also has decent range as well. The first hit (as Marowak swings the bone downwards) does 4% and mid-low knockback, which sends opponents horizontally. There are 3 multiple hits with the swinging motion, with the first 2 hits doing 1% and the final hit doing 2% and low knockback, which sends opponents diagonally upwards. You’ll want to use this move close up AND at earlier percentages, so you can maximize the damage, but at later percentages, you’ll knock the opponent to far to be able to hit the second part of it. The swinging motion is also DI able as well (the Bone will have a blue outline).
<4 – 8%>

~~~ Dash Attack: U-Turn

_____ Marowak will jump up half a stage builder block into the air, and then sticks his right foot out downwards as he dives straight diagonally downwards as fast as Sonics D-air. If you use this over the edge, Marowak will jump off the stage, and for 1 second unable to move again. If you miss the opponent this has lots of ending lag, and this has good range for a melee move. When you hit the opponent, they get stunned in place by Marowaks feet, and Marowak then does a front-flip into the opponent’s face, which pushes Marowak 3 stage builder blocks backwards. The duration of this move is quite long, and has quite a bit of ending lag if you successfully hit this move in. This also has quite a bit of start-up lag, and has decent priority. The first kick of the move does 3%, and the front-flip does 10% and mid-high knockback, which sends opponents off the stage. If the opponent isn’t on the ground when you hit this, you’ll pause in the air, like Ganons/Falcons Up-b., and if the stage has a weird shape with lots of gaps, it could be used to stage spike the opponent, but no legal stage (other than on a falling ghost platform on Yoshi’s Island, but that’s incredibly situational), so that “technique” is practically useless.
<13%>

~~~ Forward Tilt: Feint

_____ Marowak will take a step back and dip his head down slightly with his eyes closed, and we see the bone will have a grey out line with a grey point from the tip of the bone. This is an MANUAL RELEASE CHARGE, and that when it’s fully charged, Marowak will have a grey outline around him as well. This has quite a lot of start-up lag, and a bit of ending lag. It also takes Marowak 2.5 seconds to fully charge this up as well, and moves about 2 stage builder blocks uncharged (Marowak travels 3/4s the distance of Ikes quick draw when fully charged), and travels at a tad slower place (also having grey illusions of Marowak as he dashes forward). This has unique properties, just like in the Pokemon games, Feint is powerful against shielding opponents. If the opponent doesn’t shield this move, it only does 1% and no hit-stun, even if it’s fully charged. However, if the opponent does shield, this deals 15% (26% fully charged) and mid-high (high when this is fully charged) knockback, which sends opponents diagonally upwards. This doesn’t hurt the opponent if they spot dodge, and that Marowak stops in front of the opponent if there is a character in front of him. This is surprisingly powerful, and that none-of-the-wiser opponents will get punished dearly for shielding this move. Got a lot of lag though, so be careful when you use this move.
<1%/ 15 – 26%>

~~~ Up Tilt: Berry Pluck

_____ Marowak looks towards the screen, and kneels down to the ground, and puts his bone on his right side on the floor, and digs his hands into the ground. After a few moments, Marowak will pulls out a berry, but every time you use this, theres a different possibility that another berry will appear. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. Each berry appears at the same ratio, and all go the same speed (the same as Peaches turnips) and range (about a third of battlefield) upwards. You can catch a falling berry in the same fashion as you would with any item. The Berries will also be a helpful aid in team battles as well.NOTE: IF THE TEAM PARTNER DOESN’T HAVE A EFFECT ON, IT DEALS DAMAGE JUST LIKE IF THEY WERE THE OPPONENT! Here are the possible berries:

Cheri Berry

_____ Against an opponent, this does 4% and low-low knockback, which sends opponents horizontally. If a team partner gets hit by a stunning move like the 5 piled stealth rock, or a Zeldas lightning kicks, this destroys the knockback that those moves do, and that the team partner will only feel the damage of the berry. While this’ll be pratically useless against the stunning moves unless you are holding this berry before, use this so just in case the team partner does get stunned by the fifth pile rocks, this’ll eliminate that stun much quicker.
<4%>

Chesto Berry

_____ Against an opponent, this does 5% and low-high horizontal knockback. This does what it does in the games, heals sleeping partners. This is pretty much useless unless a team partner gets hit by Jigglypuffs sing or any other MYM sets with a sleep inducing trait, so in smash bros brawl itself this would be useless unless items were on. The berry does no damage to a sleeping team partner as well.
<5%>

Pecha Berry

_____ Against an opponent, this does 5% and low-high horizontal knockback. This berry also does what it does in the pokemon games; heals poison. This is a trait that pretty much only one or 2 characters have in smash, and quite a few in MYM, such as Bowser Remixed poison gas, Jumpluffs poisonpowder, flower head etc. When you throw it into your team mate, this does no damage to them, and heals them from their poison state.
<5%>

Rawst Berry

_____ In the game, this recovers burn, but since no move in smash induce a burn like effect similar to the pokemon games, it does something else. When you throw this onto the opponent AND/OR your team partner, they will get burned, and have the effect of the spicy curry item – just without the fireballs. This does 7% and mid-low knockback, which sends opponents horizontally. Players with the spicy curry like effect will stay for 8 seconds.
<7%>

Aspear Berry

_____ When thrown against the opponent, this does 6% and mid-low horizontal knockback. When thrown against a team partner, the effect this move does is instantly removes your team partner from an ice block, which also gives your team partner their double jump, and negates any knockback done to your opponent in the ice as well. This does no damage to your team partner when he is in the ice. This is pretty much only effective against strong ice moves like Lucas’s PK Freeze or the Freezie item, not really effective against short-term ice blocks like the majority of Ice Climbers ice moves.
<6%>

Starf Berry

_____ When thrown against the opponent, this does 11% and mid horizontal knockback. If your team partner is above 95%, if you throw this into them, this gives them 1.2 times boosted attack percentage and knockback for the duration of 11 seconds. If your team partner is below 95%, they’ll receive the same amount of damage as the opponent would at any time. Your tag team partner should be trying to go all offensive with the power while it lasts, as your team partner would probably be at the brink of his/hers stock anyway.
<11%>

~~~ Down Tilt: Rock Head

_____ Marowak lies on his belly flat, and he holds his hands on his skull, and as he does this, the skull flashes and turns dark grey for the whole duration you use this move (you can hold this down for as long as you like). While on the surface, it doesn’t do all that much, but when the opponent hits you, you slide back like CROUCH CANCELLING in Melee, and that the more damage you have, the further you slide (note, if you use this near the edge, you’ll slide a low diagonally direction off the stage, most likely killing yourself). While this has a tiny bit of start-up lag, you can pretty much go into ANY MOVE when you press this input, allowing you to counter attack, but at high percentages, you could potentially die or get gimped if you use this to near the edge.
<0%>

Smashes

~~~ Forward Smash: Mud Slap

_____ Marowak will take a step back, and lean to one side a bit, and swipes his Bones on the ground from his left to his right. This makes dark brown mud go forward 3 stage builder blocks. This has some start-up lag, and a bit of ending lag. When the sand hits the opponent, there start-up attack speed slightly alters faster or slower by 1.05 times more, and it also makes the opponents walk/run speed 1.1 times slower as well. This alters between every move the opponent does for the next 7 seconds (we can tell when it ends, as the opponents face will be covered in the mud). This has 2 hit-boxes, the bone and the mud. The bone does 14% and mid-low knockback (19% and mid-high knockback fully charged), which sends opponents horizontally. The sand does 17% and mid-low knockback (23% and mid-high knockback fully charged), which sends opponents horizontally. Although the change isn’t much, it still has an effect, and Marowaks B-air can take the effect away as well. This also has great priority.
<14 – 19%/ 17 – 23%>

~~~ Up Smash: Rock Tomb

_____ Marowak holds his arms and his head upwards with his eyes close, and then a Rock with a purple outline fades in front of Marowak about a Ganondorf above the ground, and then when you release this, the purple outline of the rock disappears, and drops into the ground. This stays in the ground for 6 seconds, and has a health of 40% before it gets destroyed. This has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag, but it has amazing priority. Just before you fully charge this move, a faint image of another rock appears behind Marowak, and if you don’t fully charge this, the faint image will disappear. This does 19% and high-low knockback (26% and high-high knockback when fully charged), which sends opponents upwards. This is like, the one of the few moves Marowak has that is a KO move, although it’s quite laggy, so you have to predict and mindgame the opponent into this, as it can kill opponents quite surprisingly good. This can also be used as a small wall, so you can trap the opponent next to it, or in teams use it as a short term wall to infinite with those who have short-ending throws.
<19 – 26%>

~~~ Down Smash: Dig/ Fling

_____ Marowak crouches down, and begins to borrow down just underneath the surface (meaning that disjointed moves can knock him out of the burrow), and we see a tiny hole where Marowak digged. Depending on the charge of this smash, depends on what item Marowak will throw out of the hole before getting out of the hole. This is somewhat similar to Masterwarlords Dimentios F-smash from MYM4. This has quite a lot of start-up lag however. Here are the possible items/attacks this move has at the specific charges:

0% Charge: Jump of fate

_____ Marowak jumps up from the whole about 2 stage builder blocks from the whole while sticking it’s head up high, and after pausing in the air for 0.4 seconds, he sticks his bone down, and stabs it into the ground when he touches the ground, making a small earthquake around him occur. As you can tell, the duration of this move is long, as well as the ending lag, and the priority is below average as well. Marowak has super armour frames for the beginning 4 frames he jumps out of the hole. The jump is stronger when he just comes out, which does 15% and mid-high knockback, which sends opponents upwards. At any other time of the jump, this does 9% and mid-low knockback, which sends opponents diagonally upwards. When opponents are hit by the bone when Marowak comes back down to the ground does 13% and high-low powered Meteor Smash which sends them at a / or \ direction, depending on what side of the bone they hit. The Earthquake covers 1.5 stage builder blocks of both sides of Marowak, doing 10% and mid diagonally upwards knockback. There’s a bunch of different hit-boxes of this move, so timing and positioning in important.
<15/9/13/10%>

1 - 25% Charge: Bone Toss

_____ Marowak will throw a long bone about the size of Metaknights sword about 2 stage builder blocks into the sky before it goes back to the ground, this has a tiny pause after you stop charging up, and that there is a bit of ending lag as well. When Marowak throws the bone up, it does 10% (13% charged) and low (low high at highest charge) diagonal upwards knockback. This bone can be picked up like a beam sword, and have the same strength without the long range effect. For Marowak if he picks it up, though, is that he discards his current smaller bone for this one, and that the bone Marowak had can be picked up and thrown like any other standard item.

_____ However, the main bone he uses doesn’t disappear after so long, only that if it gets thrown of the side of the stage. If that has happened, your grab input that was a throw when the 2 bones were on the stage, meaning your stuck with the long ranged one (as you can simply dig out another one, but it will always be the longer bone) until you lose your current stock. The longer bone has obviously more range than what Marowak original had, but at a price is 1.08 times weaker. So if you want to be a more ranged Marowak, charge this move up slightly. The slightly weakness might mean that some combos can be made from the moves that knocks opponents slightly too far to be hit again.
<10 – 13%>

26 - 50% Charge: Power Skull

_____ Marowak will stop digging for a brief moment, and then Marowak throws a skull (which is shining) 2.5 stage builder blocks into the sky, and then it falls back down. As Marowak throws it, he quickly gets out of the hole. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, and the skull has great priority. The skull does 14% (18% at highest charge) and low-high (mid knockback at highest charge) knockback which sends opponents diagonally upwards. If the skull doesn’t get knocked away, and that Marowak is in the same path as the falling skull, the shining skull will replace his old skull he was wearing. This has quite a lot of lag however.

_____ What this does is that for the next 8 moves that involves Marowaks head, they’ll be powered up by 1.2 times stronger in both damage and knockback. If you don’t use the 8 headbutt moves after 20 seconds, the special effect disappears, and it returns like the normal skull. Good news is that you can regain it if you lose the effects, unlike with the Bone toss of this move, that if you lose the original bone, you can’t get it back until you lose your stock.
<14 – 18%>

51 - 75% Charge: Iron ball

_____ After a slight pause, Marowak throws the iron ball like the above picture next to the hole (as, you could’ve guessed, the iron ball is heavy). As Marowak gets out, he can choose to pick it up, or leave it be for latter use. If you’re not careful when you charge this up, opponents can pick the ball up before you, because there is about 0.35 seconds Marowak takes to get out of the whole after the ball, so use it in space. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, and a bit of ending lag. When Marowak slightly throws the Iron Ball out, it does 16% (20% at highest charge) and mid-low (mid-high at highest charge) knockback which sends opponents horizontally. However, if someone throws the Iron ball into someone, it will latch on them, which makes the opponents ground movement 1.2 times slower, and makes opponents aerial fall speed 1.35 times faster. This lasts for 8 seconds. Remember, if you’re not careful, this can back-fire.
<16 – 20%>

76 - 99% Charge: Fossil Aerodactyl

_____ Marowak constantly throws bones up to the surface very quickly (but albeit still long for the amount of bones there are), and the last object he throws up it the skull) about 1 stage builder blocks upwards, then he crawls out of the hole. This has low start-up lag, but has a long duration, with a bit of ending lag. The bones are disjointed as well. Each bone only delivers hit-stun similar to any multi hitting moves. This can do a total of 25% (31% with every hit fully charged), the final hit does 4% (6% fully charged) and mid-low (mid-high knockback at highest charge) knockback which sends opponents diagonally upwards.
<25 – 31% Variable Damage>

_____ If you don’t pick up or destroy the bones on the ground (which each bone take 3% to be destroyed, apart from the skull which is 7%) for 7 seconds, the bones will start to shake violently (not doing damage though), and that if no one touches the bones for another 2 seconds, Aerodactyl, like in the above picture, will be formed. After this, Fossil Aerodactyl will fly up about 2 Ganondorfs off the ground, and flies across above the stage at a slow pace (slightly faster than Charizards Glide), and Fossil Aerodactyll is about 1.3 times bigger than Charizard. Aerodactyll sometimes swoops downwards and upwards as well (and travels a third of Final Destination forward). If anyone touches Aerodactyl other than Marowak, it deals 10% and mid-high knockback, which sends opponents horizontally. After 10 seconds, Fossil Aerodactyl appears to go off the stage to the left/right, and Fossil Aerodactyll disappears for 3 – 6 seconds, and randomly (from low to the ground to just above the top boundary) shoots across the stage a bit slower than Ridleys dash across the screen from the hideous SSE. This deals 17% and high-low diagonal upwards knockback.
<10/17%>

100% Charge: Treasure Chest

_____ Marowak will stop digging, and then he throws up a treasure chest which is open. The Treasure Chest is about 1.5 stage builder blocks tall and wide, and the treasure chest is a generic one, being orange and having gold coins inside it. The treasure chest will be thrown up 2 stage builder blocks constantly opening and closing its lid constantly. Marowak then quickly crawls out just before the treasure chest falls on top of the hole. When it hits the ground, the treasure chest stays open. If the opponent doesn’t get HIT into it (the opponent has to be hit into, otherwise the treasure chest will just be like a small wall) from the FRONT of the treasure in 15 seconds, it automatically disappears, and that you can’t perform another treasure chest if there is already one in play (just making the down smash into a fully charged Fossil Aerodactyl instead).

_____ Marowak can also get hit into the treasure chest as well. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. If the opponent is hit by the treasure chest while it’s rising up into the air, it does 17% and mid-high vertical knockback. If the opponent is hit by the treasure chest as it falls, it does 19% and a semi strong meteor smash that sends opponents a low angled horizontal direction going downwards. If the opponent gets hit into the treasure chest, the opponent begins to stand up inside the treasure chest, and then the lid falls down on them, doing 18%.

_____ When the opponent gets trapped inside the treasure chest, they have to button bash as quickly as possible to get out of it, just like a regular grab (and that it’s 1.5 times to get out of it than a grab). If Marowak or anyone hits the chest, it deals the same amount of damage to the opponent as well. When the opponent gets out of the treasure chest, they will jump out of the treasure chest at the same height as their first jump. In teams with such chain grabbing gits such as Falco and King Dedede, like they could be chain grabbing towards the treasure chest, and then use F-throw into the treasure chest. Still be aware that this can backfire on Marowak though.
<17/18/19%>

Aerials

~~~ Neutral Air: Rage

_____ Marowak will look towards the screen, and he has an angry face on him, with his eyes twitching constantly. Marowak will then swing the bone around his whole body, covering every part of his body a part from his head. Marowak also kicks his legs out a small distance constantly, but you can only set it if he has no bone. This has a bit of start-up and ending lag, with very little landing lag. This has very small range, only covering his body, which is very small. With the bone, this does 9% and mid-low knockback which sends opponents horizontally (diagonally upwards if the opponent is hit by the top of the move. Without the bone, this has sex kick properties. At the strongest point, it does 6% (3% weakest) and low-high (very low at the weakest part of the move {the end}) horizontal knockback. Use this in close up SHFF to the opponent, to chain multiple N-airs if you predict the opponents DI correctly.
<9% (with the bone). 6/3% (without the bone)>

~~~ Forward Air: Iron Curl

_____ Marowak hunches his body in, and while tilting forward, headbutts downwards with the thick skull with his arms spread out horizontally, and after him headbutts downwards, he curls up into a ball. If the opponent is close to Marowaks head as he does this it does 14% and a mid powered spike. If the opponent is hit by the tip of the head, it does 10% and mid-high horizontal knockback. After a full spin, Marowak proceeds to do the same as the first turn, but Marowak holds his bone outwards this time, so opponents can’t be hit by the head again unless Marowaks holding no bone. The bone when Marowak is swinging it downwards in between /\ area, it’s a weak semi spike. The bone does 8% and mid-low horizontal knockback. This has low range (decent range when the bone is out) and surprisingly it has little start-up or ending lag. However, the duration of this move is easily counterable, and that the landing lag is quite bad as well. On the brighter side, the skull of Marowaks head has 8 beginning frames of super armour, and that the headbutt has great priority. Since of Marowak has above average aerial movement, this is good gimping tool when the opponents off the stage.
<14/10/8%>

~~~ Back Air: Brick Break

_____ Marowak will twist hi body around, and then as he is turning around, he prods the bone forward a fair distance forward, which deals 6% and a bit of stun. After the prod with the bone, he fully turns around, and a grey outline appears around the bone, and it keeps on “sparking” up and down quickly. Marowak will slam the Bone downwards after the first hit quite quickly after the first hit. This move has low start-up, but has a lot of ending and landing lag. The second hit does 9% and mid-low horizontal knockback. The second hit has unique properties, if it hits a shielded opponent; it destroys their shield as much as a half charged Marth’s shield breaker does. Also, if you hit the opponent if they have any stat changing effect like Metal Mans Metal Armour and the vast majority of AOSTH Robotniks moves, and eliminates them. This could be for good or bad, making an opponent weaker, or making the opponents weakened stats back to normal, as this move isn’t exactly the KOing sort.
<6% + 9% = 15%>

_____ In Brawl itself, I think that the stat reseter mechanic this has would only have an effect in item matches, and characters with storage or Auto-charge type moves (Lucarios base power increases the more damage he takes, so his mechanic resets the normal way). However, if it was to do with MYM movesets, this one move could single handly destroy a character. Take my Undead Hero set from MYM4, its playstyle was revolved around his “command” special (Neutral B), and that this move would destroy one of these effects constantly, making Marowak a horrendous fighter to be against. If we’re talking Brawl sense, I think it would be fine, in MYM sense, terribly broken, so I’m torn if this move would be balanced or not.

~~~ Up Air: Fury Cutter

_____ Marowak first looks upwards into the sky, and swipes his bone above him right and back 3 times before executing a stronger slash which will deal knockback. This isn’t exactly the most original moves in the contest animation wise, but it stays true to the pokemon games. Similar to how many times you successfully hit this, the more damage it’ll do, similar to Azumarils rollout. If you miss this, it doesn’t get stronger. This has very little start-up and landing lag, but quite a bit of ending lag. This does 4 multiple hits, but only ONE HIT is needed to be hit to make this stronger. At minimum damage, the first 3 slashes (which only deliver DI’able hit-stun) do 1% each, and the final hit does 3% and low knockback. At maximum damage, the first 3 slashes do 4% each, and the final hit does 5% and mid knockback. This sends opponents vertically. The strength of this move does stays for 2 stocks before the mechanic resets. Remember, one hit from this move makes it stronger, so even if the opponent does DI out of it, the attack is boosted up. It takes about 12 hits to make this at its strongest peak.
<1 – a potential 17% at max damage>

~~~ Down Air: Rock Slide

_____ Marowak will look towards the screen, and has his body stretched out as much as he physically can. After a brief moment, 2 small rocks will form to the top left and right of Marowak the size of 3/4s of a stage builder block, and the rocks will fall down and appear 3 times during this move. The rocks will move downwards 2 stage builder blocks downwards as well at a fast speed (faster than Wolfs Blaster). This also makes Marowak fall downwards 1.5 times faster than normal. This has little start-up and ending lag, but the duration and landing lag is quite long. The hit-boxes of the rocks are weird, the sides of the rocks that are going towards Marowak only delivers hit-stun, but on the opposite side does knockback (and that every rock has this apart from the last 2 rocks, which deals knockback always). The inside of the 4 first rocks deals 3% each and the outside of the rocks deal 5% and mid diagonally upwards knockback. If the opponent is trapped inside the rocks (which can deal lots of potential damage, because it’ll double the damage you can deal if you just hit it with rocks from one side), they will travel downwards with Marowak. What you can do with this mechanism is that you can try to stage spike them with one of the sides, or keep them off the stage. Also remember it can rack up damage, but it’s quite easy to DI out of, to lessen the max damage you can do.
<3 – 20% Variable damage>

Grab:

_____ This has very low range (Marowak reaches out with his left hand), when standing still; it’s about the same as Pikachu, which is short ranged. The Dash Grab is also poor compared to the majority of the brawl cast, but he does slide a tad bit as well. Marowaks pivot Grab is his fastest grab in terms of start-up lag (The others aren’t very laggy either), and he slides a bit back as well like his dash grab. Marowaks grab release frames are the same as the standard character, meaning he’s able to react and move either he’s the grabbed or the grabee (lol) at 30 frames.

~~~ Pummel: Thrash

_____ This is interesting, the first time you use this pummel, Marowak will quickly hit the opponent with his Bone on the head of the opponent, doing 2%. The second time you do this, Marowak will head butt the opponent with his thick skull at the same speed as Bowsers pummel. This does 3%. When you do a third pummel, it’ll be the same as the first one, and the pattern continues until you some how manage to do it to a seventh time. On the seventh time, Marowak jumps onto the sky a bit higher than the opponents top height, and yells “MAARRROOOOWWWAAAAKKK” before slamming the bone horizontally into the opponents face. This does 5% and mid knockback, which sends the opponents a low diagonally direction downward, so it’s a slight spike on the edge. The opponent would have to be at very high percentages to be hit by all 7 hits of this pummel.
<2/3/5%>

~~~ Forward Throw: False Swipe

_____ Marowak takes a step back, and plunges forward with his bone into the opponent, and after they get hit, Marowak is crouched to the ground. This does 3%, and makes the opponent go forward about half a stage builder block forward. What makes this special though, is that when you first use it, this has little ending lag and the opponent is stunned for quite a while. However, the more times you use it, the less the opponent gets stunned for and Marowaks ending lag gets longer. The max this effect will get to is after 5 times. This has low start-up lag, and has very low ending lag when you first use it, but exceptionally long ending lag after 5 uses. To make it back how if firsts starts off, you have to use other attacks, like the stale system in Brawl. Also, the amount the opponent stuns for is also dependant as well. If you are none of the wiser about this, you’ll get heavily punished for it. Yes, I know it’s a potential chain-grab, but you have to mix up you’re moves to be able to do it, making it much harder to perform or get into that position, but it does lead into some good moves though. Potential very dangerous tool to the opponent, but some will be much less affected than other characters.
<3%>

~~~ Back Throw: Thief

_____ Marowak flings the opponent over his head with his left hand, and in mid-air, if the opponents holding any item, it will drop into Marowaks hand as he lets go off his grip. This has low start-up lag, and a bit of ending lag. This does 7% and low-high horizontal knockback. At early percentages, lets say the opponent has the Beam Sword weapon, and you do this at early percentages, you can follow up from the throw into a F-smash, send the opponents further away. Obviously, depending on the item you get depends on what you options are. This is a very weak throw without the special effect, so this’ll probably be you least used throw in an half competitive fight, as it’s as bad as one of Marths throws.
<7%>

~~~ Up Throw: Bone Blitz

_____ Marowak first low kicks the opponent (doing 2%), and then he turns around quickly, and flicks his bone upwards into the opponents face. This has low start-up and extremely low ending lag, and you can buffer a jump from it, so you can lead this into some aerials if you predict the opponents’ next move. This does overall 7% and mid-low vertical knockback. This is used so you can juggle the opponent in the air.
<7%>

~~~ Down Throw: Iron Head

_____ Marowak pins the opponent onto the ground while facing the camera, and jumps up and gambols in the air before head butting the opponent in the gut (Marowaks skulls flashes dark grey in the middle of this move as well). This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. This does 7% and mid knockback which sends the opponents upwards. This can be used to start a juggle in the air, like the Up-throw, but it sends them further upwards, and a substitute when you don’t have your precious bone.
<7%>

Final Smash: Earthquake + Rock Wrecker

_____ Marowak grabs hold off the Smash Ball, Oh teh noez! Marowak looks towards the screen with his arms looking towards the screen, and then suddenly the whole screen starts shaking, and the ground will have rubble above the ground shaking as well. This lasts for 5 seconds, and if you touch any platform, you’ll get buried, and it does 12%. After this, Marowak is free to move around, and then after 2 seconds, a rock about 3 stage builder blocks big and wide will fall from the sky into the centre of the stage, and explodes as soon as it touches the stage. The rock does 35% and very high diagonal upwards knockback. You should try and bury them in the centre of the stage, so they could get it by the Rock.
<12/30%>

Playstyle:

_____ First things first (NO **** SHERLOCK), the specials are a major part of his game, well, maybe a part from that up-b (Dang that’s a complicated recovery). His Neutral B is an amazing part to his game, as it can cover a lot of the stage, and can force opponents into the air if they don’t want to be hit by the rocks (or roll, which ever takes the opponents fancy). Going into the air won’t be such a problem for characters such as Wario or Jigglypuff, but can be a bad thing for characters like Ganondorf. Marowaks Down-b is a must when you actually want to kill the opponent (with the bone), as Marowak has very limited KO potential without it, and you’ll want to use this whenever you have got the most space. Marowaks side-b can be used as mindgames, or as an obstacle for the opponent to avoid while they’re recovering, making them air-dodge, and hopefully put them in a bad position and then they won’t make it too the edge, unless they have an amazing recovery like ROBs, or if you try and put it in the direct direction the opponents falling from, they can reflect it back. You should try to implement the side-b into your gimping game as much as you can, as it’ll make it incredibly tough for the opponent to recover.

_____ Marowaks neutral a is very useful when the opponents very close to you, but dependant HOW close they are to you should make you decide which route you want to take. Marowaks F-tilt is very situational, so it’s best not to use that often (otherwise you’ll be punished harshly), but is very rewarding in the terms of knockback and damage (to the opponent: lrn2spotdodgekthnxbye). Up-tilt is the start of Marowaks potential in team matches, the special effects, although randomly can be a bad thing, it can help them in the time of need, but it’ll take time remembering the requirements of said berry, and dependant on the situation, depends what you should do with the berry. As you have probably guessed, Marowak is a very situational character. Marowaks Down-tilt is the perfect move to counter the opponent with, but it can also back-fire, and being dipped into the whole with the hard up-b is going to kill you earlier than the standard way of death.

_____ On to the smashes now, Marowak has very situational moves, Marowaks down smash (god that’s long) is very dependant on the type of charge, but when you get used to Marowak, you’ll just naturally know when to start charging for one type of move. Each move as their own, as each move has an interesting effect to it, and you might want to take chance at them, and to maximize you’re game. Want more range? Try and charge for the bone, Want to make the opponent more slowly but heavier? Charge up for the Iron Ball. Want to rake up some large but DI able damage? Try an close range Fossil Aerodactyl charge. But in reality though, you’ll find that if you charge, you’ll be punished, albeit less since Marowaks under-ground, but it still has large amount of ending lag on many of the charges. Forward Smash is used for a ranged attack, as the effect it does is somewhat unnoticeable if you’re concentrating. The Up Smash is very strong, surprising for someone the size as Marowak, but it’s very laggy, and you’ll be punished for using this wrongly. The rocks also perform as a short wall for the limited time; you can trap opponents or aid team partners with planting the rocks there if they are going Chain-grab happy.

_____ Onto his aerials now. Marowaks N-air can be pretty much go into the same category as most N-airs: Used close range, fast-fall for the low landing lag, and then chain it up with another N-air or other aerials at early percentages. Marowak Forward Aerial has a very long duration, since it’s pretty much 2 moves after another. Due to Marowaks good aerial mobility, this can be used to sweep down to the opponent, and finish them off. If you forced the opponent to air dodge from a perfectly placed bonemerang, swoop down to them, hit them after the invincibility frames, and it should KO opponents who have the greatest of recoveries. Now the B-air, which I don’t know I’ve balanced it good, would be a great damage raker even without the added effects. The Base Stat resetter would be a horror if you just used Iron ball on the opponent or something with uses a statues changing effect, but smart players shouldn’t use the B-air if they know they made the opponent weaker. This could back-fire in Marowaks face, as he could reset an opponent with a bad effect, or destroy opponents metagames like the example I given on Undead Hero, a MYM set. Up-air can be used as a basic damage raker, but obviously you’ll want to use this and hit it as much as possible, due to the damage increase. D-air is also a meaty damage raker when you hit it in the centre of the move, but it also has very punishable landing lag, so be careful.

_____Now the throws! Note that Marowak has already has a very poor grab range, but the actual throws themselves are very weak, as bad as Marths, so you could be looking it a terrible thrower, part from the F-throw, but even if you don’t have your bone, you can’t use it, and that it could back-fire if you spam it too much. The F-throw can be used as a certain set-up for a kill move, making it useful, but making it useful for a chain grab? Eh, one it does hardly any damage, 2 you can’t keep on grabbing the opponents over and over again, and 3, you could actually punish yourself for doing it too much. The B-throw can be used too steal items, or a throw to use if you don’t have your bone. Up-throw and Down-throw can be used to start a juggle in the air. Marowak has a bad grab game compared to the majority of the cast, about the same as Marths, but with poor range. Pretty much the only useful throw is F-throw, and then it tough to grab as the grab range is bad.

_____Overall, Marowak is character with many gimping tools, such as Mario has. Side-b should be used when the opponents recovering, and force them to air-dodge in such a way, and then you should be able to hit an aerial onto the opponent, KOing them. Marowak controls the stage well with his Stealth Rock, forcing opponents who don’t want to be hit by the rocks to go into the air. Marowak needs to power-up his Bone if the Kill move uses it. Marowak can also counter the opponent rather well as well with his Down Tilt. However, Marowak has a weak grab game (Some characters depend on them – they can make a character), rubbish throws and a rubbish grab range; at least Ice Climbers have a tough-to-perform infinite. Marowak is also very light, and is hardly the rangiest character in the game, but he has a lot of disjointed moves. Marowak also has close up options if the opponent is close in, but he should have troubles against projectile users, as his Projectile should be used for one thing, which I’ve stated already.

Taunts:

~~~ Up: Tempered Beast

_____ Marowak starts slashing around with his bone, and stomps around as well making grunts at the same time. He finishes this animation with moving to his left a bit, and sticking out his bone far forward

~~~ Side: Eat me a Berry

_____ Marowak gets out a berry that look similar to a strawberry, and looks towards the screen as he does so, and then he takes a massive bite into the berry, and then tosses it behind him.

~~~ Down: Bone Throw

_____ Marowak looks towards the sky, as he throws his bone a stage builder block upwards, and then as he catches strikes a pose with his legs straight out, with his head down slightly, and has the bone pointing forward.

Victory Taunts:

~~~ 1: Bone Skillz

_____ Marowak swings his bone around very quickly like in a circle, and then he finishes with a slash, and turns around with his back towards the screen.

~~~ 2: Come to the surface

_____ We see the ground shaking a bit, and making jumps out of the ground, and then keeps a low crouched pose like Falcos victory taunt when he falls from the sky.

~~~ 3: More slashes with the bone

_____ Yes, I don’t know what else to do for this. Marowak slashes diagonally as he walks towards the screen, and then keeps a low pose at the end of the third slash.

Losing Pose: Standard Clap

_____ Just a standard clap, just with Marowak slightly to his right when he claps, with a quite angry expression on his face.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Tis a shame DFM is getting no comments on this awesome moveset! I would comment, but I'm REALLY pressed for time right now, but I can say that it looks great at a skim.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have skimmed Marowak, and he seems really good, but I have no time to comment on sets until Friday at the earliest, but it will be done!

However, would you class Marowak as being light, when he is just under 100 lb, or 45 kilograms, in the game, opposed to Pikachu being 13.2 lb. (is nit picky XD)

It does look great though, and I'll give full comments soon.

:bee:.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

In a typical RPG fashion, a demented villain wants to take over the world and beyond, wanting to create his ideal world. As you do.
A generic group of 8 heroes find about this ambition half way through the “story” and wants to stop him, but *GASP*, he succeeds in getting help from the underworld. Obviously, there is always a happy ending, just to make a sequel.
Well, this character is the master of the dark creatures, and grants great power to the man who let the demons let loose with his scythe, the source of his power. Think of him as a powerful grim reaper.
This character can shape-shift, create illusions and many more things, he has the power to pretty much, well, do anything.

This character sticks to the earth, and slides with it. This character doesn’t jump, he stretches his body upwards, and anything underneath his torso is a hurt-box with infinite heavy armour. When it lands on a platform, his base moulds onto that, and the previous base from the previous jump followers as dark balls of aura, for visual effects. (basically, he can jump like normal, but has an lingering hurt-box of super armour. Sounds bad, but he has a great recovery to make up for it.

- Strength: 4.5/10
- Size: 8.5/10
- Weight: 7/10
- 1st Jump: 7/10
-2nd Jump: 4/10
-Fall Speed: 4.5/10
- Aerial movement: 6.5/10
- Ground Speed: 4/10
- Range: 10/10
- Traction: 7/10
- Crouch: 7/10
- Extras?: NO

Neutral Special - Scythe magic
Tap B: With this move, Oblivions scythe changes colour instantly, with extremely low start-up and ending lag. The colours are Brown – Blue – Red – Green – Brown. What this does is change the effects of certain moves! Such as different angled and trajectories of projectiles for instance. You can tap between each colour every 2 frames. Use to spice up and extend your playstyle. You can also do this in the middle of other attacks, so if you have a combo theorised, you can actually do them.

Hold B: You have free movement of the scythe, IE, if you move for control stick in an upwards arc, it would do just that. However, you can’t aim this backward. This move interacts with objects which you have set-up, making a special/different effect than the standard. If you hit the opponent with this, it does 6% and low horizontal knockback. This has extremely low start-up and ending lag, with low priority.
This is also essential to the playstyle. As a move, if you hold it as far forward as possible, it has range slightly worse than Dededes forward tilt. Since you can use this in the air, you can make it a great poke and has similar uses as D3s F-tilt. This is deadly in the air, think of it as an ever-so-slightly Marth F-air, due to the range.

Downward Special – Orbs of the beyond
Oblivion makes a dark purple ball just like the top picture. This ball has a diameter of 2 stage builder blocks normally. This has low start-up and ending lag. This does no damage to the opponent, and they move straight through it. You are limited to 5 of these on the stage. You can also do this in the air. The balls can be walked on all the way round for oblivion, just like a Mario Galaxy planet.

Nothing special so far? Well, I’d like to say now that it is a great part of Oblivions playstyle. Why? Because EVERY Scythe colour has a unique effect. you’ll find out about its effects in
; just because. NOTE: Tap B for colour, Hold B attack for effect to work.

Normal: Depending on how you hit one of the black balls, depend on what direction it is sent. The balls are sent at a slightly slow than average speed (average is vague, depends on the readers mindset). The ball can bounce of obstacles, and contain the same speed as originally. The balls, when hit, disappear after 10 seconds, and never stop moving. The hit ball can hurl into other dark balls, and make them move as well. If the opponent gets hit by one, it does 7% and mid-low diagonally upward knockback with low knockback growth. The way to use this best is to have the balls in strategically placed, or in a clump. The possibilities of this are endless. Use for control, defence, approaching, mix-up. Plus this has like, unbeatable priority.

Blue: When you hit a dark ball with this, it goes in the same direction as you tell it too, just like the normal version, and it can also bounce off solid platform as well. However, if this goes into other dark balls, they all join together to make a huge ball. This makes the ball stronger and bigger, and it doesn’t get slower (however, it just looks like it’ll be going slower due to the size). With each ball it collides with, it gets bigger by 1.4 times more, and does 1.2 times more damage and knockback.
With its huge bulk, you can clear a giant path, and if you aligned the balls correctly, it can be an alright gimp move. However, to make this truly work, you have to make the ball be manufactured in a straight line, which would make this hideously predictable.

This also works with the RED version, but 3 small balls = 1 normal ball, so be warned.

Red: If you use this and hit a normal dark ball, it splits into 3 small dark balls about the 1/2 the size of a Stage Builder Block. These do 2% each with less priority, but they travel for same time and same speed as normal as well. Then they stay in place forever until otherwise. You cannot jump on these smaller balls though.

Now, you’ll probably use this before hitting a ball with the normal version. Why? Because the more balls (I meant to say this before, but stop with the sexual innuendos) you have on the screen, the harder it will be for the opponent to avoid it, making the opponent harder to approach you, or you can mix it so you can approach the opponent as they are distracted.

Make your own playstyle is on the way boy!

Green: When you hit a dark ball, the dark ball you hit turns into liquid that falls downwards until it hits an obstacle or boundary. The liquid has the same width as a normal dark ball, and has double the height. The liquid falls at the distance of King Dededes recovery every 1.5 seconds. This does 6 multiple hits every second, each doing 1% each with transcendent priority. The knockback is like piplups surf, dragging the opponent with it.

The main use of this is that if you misplaced a dark ball, you get rid of one, and replace it. However, you could use it as a gimper off the stage, if you intend that to be your goal. Some people not even use this, like when I play Puyo Puyo games, I place the blocks in a way that the other blocks fall into place. Maybe I would use that (********) logic if I actually played this character and use this move.

Side Special – Mirror, mirror on the stage!
Ready for mind games and tricks? This is for you. When you do this, Oblivion raises his scythe up to the sky, and it flashes bright white, and produces a see-through box at the tip off it. Then, the see-through box goes to the centre of the stage, and stretches to a long and thin mirror. This mirror is walk-through able. What this does, is that any projectile or moving move is obviously mirrored to the exact same mirrored place, talk about the obvious. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. You can also put this away with the same amount of lag. You can tilt and/or move the mirror with the scythe magic (hold b, to hit the mirror). This is used to have more control, and in theory attack from the over side of the stage. HOWEVER, this is quite hard to get used to, with the many options and such, but this could make Oblivion even more the scary. Putting the mirror back out after altering it returns the mirror into its default state.
Normal (middle of stage):
1st use: Turn Mirror Horizontally
2nd use: Turn Mirror Vertical
3rd use: Turn Mirror Horizontal

Blue: (moves mirror a half of the stage to the left/right)
1st use: moves mirror right
2nd use: moves mirror central
3rd use: moves mirror left
4th use: moves mirror central
5th use: moves mirror right

Red: Angles Mirror (to the right):
1st use: tilts mirror 15 degrees
2nd use: tilts mirror 30 degrees
3rd use: tilts mirror 45 degrees
4th use: tilts mirror 60 degrees
5th use: tilts mirror 75 degrees
6th use: Mirror turns default
7th use: tilts mirror 15 degrees

Green: Angles mirror (to the left)
1st use: tilts mirror 15 degrees
2nd use: tilts mirror 30 degrees
3rd use: tilts mirror 45 degrees
4th use: tilts mirror 60 degrees
5th use: tilts mirror 75 degrees
6th use: Mirror turns default
7th use: tilts mirror 15 degrees

Upward Special – Zip back
Did you remember what I said before? With the dark matter of Oblivion is stuck to the ground. Well, when you use this in the air, Oblivion zips right back into the last spot you was on the ground, going the quickest route possible. When I say “quickest route possible”, I mean, it’s likely you’ll get stuck behind a stage obstacle along the way. This travels at the speed of Sonics run, and if you don’t get back to your spot before 4 seconds, you’ll enter free-fall. If you hit the opponent on the travel, it does 6% and mid-low horizontal knockback with average priority. If you are hit in the middle of this, you’ll be praying that you can use the rest of your Up-b as if you keep on getting pushed back off the stage while you’re doing this, you might go into free-fall off the stage with no means of recovering. However, if you look on it from another point of view, you’ll have a recovery that momentum cancels, and recover from pretty much anywhere from the stage. Even though Final Destination would be good for Oblivion due to the easier use of Down B and Side B, Up-b would be problematic if you get even weakly spiked, because you’ll get stuck underneath the lips, meaning a very early death.

Neutral A – Feel Stunned?
Oblivion simply pokes his scythe a tiny bit forward, which creates a small spark at the tip of the scythe. This has low start-up lag, but has a bit of ending lag. If you don’t hit the opponent with the spark, it does 5% and low horizontal knockback. The spark stuns the opponent in place for a second, but this does no damage. This also has average priority.

The spark is used for set-ups, or for a time which lets you run away and prepare moves like down-b balls (...), same the hit-box is at the tip, and this is has lag comparable to Ganondorfs jab (and we all know what that means).

Dash Attack – Disaster strikes
Oblivion spins around, and transforms himself into a tornado. This tornado is the same size as Oblivion. You can move forward and back at the same speed as Oblivions dash speed for 2 seconds. This has very low start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag. When you hit the opponent with this, it sends the opponent in a set (diagonally up) backward not that far away which is un-DIable. Each hit does 3% and has above average priority.

This move can be used as a damage staple which requires Oblivion go back and forth very quickly (which can get as high as 15%). Another use is to run into the opponent, and carry on going forward, so there is a large space between your opponents. Plus, you could do a slight combination of both uses. Remember the ending lag though, so you can’t avoid missing this. Oh, and because of the duration of the move, it can punish spot dodges and rolls.

Side Tilt – Voltage of the Abyss
Oblivion stands to the side a bit, and holds his right hand out. He then creates a yellow ball of electricity out of his hand, which is about the size of a Bom-omb. He then proceeds to throw it up into the air a small bit. When the ball comes down, the scythe flashes, and Oblivion quickly slashes the electric orb, causing it to fly away. This has above average start-up lag, and average ending lag. The actual scythe swing does 10% and mid-low diagonally downward knockback which is teachable. The projectile direction/speed is dependent on what scythe colour you have on. COME. LIST! (Note: The electric orb has average priority). Also, pretty much everyone is used to force an approach, but just in different scenarios.
Normal: This is straight forward. Quite that actually. The electricity goes in a straight line at the same speed and range as Wolfs Blaster. This does 6% and a tad more hit-stun than normal.

Blue: This goes in an arc which you tell it to go (hold up while doing this move makes it do an upwards arc for example), and depending on the tightness of the control stick (as in, hold it straight up and for longest), the more the arc comes in. This goes as far as 3/4s of Final Destination at the same speed as Wolfs’ blaster. This does 4% and slightly more hit-stun than normal. Want to see an application, just think how you would use Yoshis’ Egg Toss (up-b). Because, you know, it also arcs.

Red: This act like an uncharged aura sphere (Lucarios neutral b) and/or shadow ball (Mewtwos neutral b). This has a jagged path, just like the moves I mentioned that goes up and down half a stage builder block. This goes slightly further than Wolfs Blaster, and at more than half the speed. This does 5% and above average hit-stun. This heaps more pressure than the others, but the main use is the same as normal.

Green: This sends 2 electrical orbs, one in a 30 degree angle and the other in a 45 degree angle. The electrical balls are a third smaller than normal. They travel the same range and speed as wolfs’ blaster. This does 3% each and has average hit-stun. The balls are also used for forcing an approach from the air or the opponents on an above platform, otherwise use the other scythe powers.

Upward Tilt – Darkness Somersault
Wow, can you guess what this does? Okay, Oblivion does a somersault while jumping a stage builder block into the air. NEVER SAW THAT COMING! GENIUS! Thank you. This has low start-up and ending lag. During the jump, you have 2 times more aerial movement than you would normally. This means that you can weave back in forth Wario like, and you can go forward as far as 3.5 stage builder blocks. This does 10% and mid diagonally upward knockback. This also has high priority. With this move, you’ll be able to cut through the majority of projectiles, and approach at the same time. Lol, this is such a smaller move to read than everything else. Tis a shame that Oblivion can’t kill for ****. Bugger, playstyle spoiler.

Downward Tilt – Power from the Earth
Oblivion “jumps” up a stage builder block with the scythe floating just in front of Oblivion with “magic”. Then, Oblivion grabs the scythe on the descent, and stabs into the ground, causing magic to occur. This has average start-up lag, with quite a bit of ending lag, with 2 frames of super armour at the very start of the move. The scythe swing does 7% and low-high horizontal knockback with average priority. Also, the scythe magic colour changes the additional effects of the move. Collapse is insanely useful; otherwise this would be massive, with 3 s’s
Normal: With this one, this causes rock rubble to shoot up in the air 2 stage builder blocks. Each rubble piece is the size of a soccer ball. The rocks cover all around Oblivion, apart from above. The rubble goes upwards very quickly as well. Each rubble piece does 2% and extremely low vertical knockback. The rubble also has below average priority. If you are hit by every single rubble piece in the same place, it’ll do 10%.
Since this covers a large area, this can be used for anti-approach and anti-crowd support. Rakes up good damage as well.

Blue: With this one, as Oblivion hits the ground, a dark blue flame erupts in front of Oblivion. The dark blue flame is 1 stage builder block wide, and 2 stage builder blocks tall. The flame lingers for a while as well. This does 9% and mid-low diagonally upward knockback with above average hit-stun. This can be used to start a string of moves, and has amazing priority.

Red: As Oblivion hits the ground with this move, this causes a mini earthquake within a 1.5 stage builder block radius around Oblivion that causes the opponent to trip. After a period of time that is slightly shorter than an average characters trip length, the platform below Oblivion gets pushed into the air by ‘below’ lava. This pushes Oblivion 3.5 stage builder blocks upwards at the same speed as D3s up-b ascent. At the peak to descent, Oblivion can jump off the platform. The lava flame that is left behind

Green: Nothing happens for 5 seconds, and then, BOOM! A giant green explosion occurs 2.5 times the size of Snakes Grenades at the same spot (on the ground). The explosion does 11% and mid-high diagonally upward knockback. This has quite hit-lag like Ness PK Flash, and this also has transcendent priority. This can be used as a surprise attack, or to keep pressure on the opponent, as they know BOOM will occur there, so they will go all out to avoid it. Please note that this is one of Oblivions strongest moves, and it isn’t all that either.

Side Smash – Dark-dust Paint
Oblivion sticks his scythe forward, which sparks bright blue for a brief moment. Then, orange dust surrounds the scythe. With this, you can control the dust in any direction as you please for as long as you charge this move, but you can end it earlier by letting go. The dust is about the same size as a pokeball, and the dust leaves a trail as well. At the end of the duration, the dust does a different effect depending on what colour scythe you have. The dust travels at the speed of Luigis’ fireball. This also has average priority. This can be used for defence, anti-air, gimping, and a long range move. This has small amount of start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag. This is also better used at later percentages, due to mid knockback being too weak at early percents and would be punishable on HIT.
Normal: When you release it with this scythe, the orange dust shine bright orange in the same place. This does 8% and mid-low horizontal knockback. This is the basic one, and can be used semi good for all of the things it could used for I listed above. The hit-box also lasts like 0.5 seconds as well.

Blue: When you release this, it causes the paint to turn blue (shocked?), and it spreads out like a wave. This does 7% and mid-low diagonally upward knockback. This is best used as a circle around Oblivion, and act as defence procedure. Please note that obstacles do get in the way of parts of the circle.

Red: when you release this, the dust turns dark red. When you do this, the dust breaks into smaller chunks of the size of a Soccer Ball (dust gets bigger shock). Then, the red dust sprinkle down at a slightly slower speed than Luigis’ fireball. The dust does 5% and low-high downward knockback. This is suitable for gimping the opponent off the stage due to the knockback. This can also be used as an obstacle.

Green: When you do this, the dust turns to the predictable colour of this collapse section. The dust then quickly changes into dark purple energy, like a crack in the stage. This creates a solid obstacle that the opponent can’t past, but you can (like a floating platform). Also, if you pass this through a floating platform, they turn into this as well. This lasts for 15 seconds, and when you do this again, the previous dark energy disappears. You can only do this every 45 seconds. Why? To prevent stalling, plus, you’d likely be banned for doing this around Oblivion.

Upward Smash – Dimension Split
Oblivion looks up and slashes the air above him, creating a red crack in the air. Then, after 0.2 seconds, a colony of Black bats that look just like those in the headers and the main picture. The black bats go 4 stage builder blocks forward, and the width the colony makes is 2 stage builder blocks wide. This does 12 multiple hits, and the bats stay out for 2 seconds before disappearing. This keeps the opponent in the same place for the 2 seconds if they are hit from the start of this move. This has average start-up lag, and a second of ending lag. This also does no knockback as well. When uncharged, this does a maximum of 16%, and when fully charged this does 23%. This also has average priority, but you’ll get hit by the next bat anyway. Oh, this also has uses the collapse function
Normal: Bats go above you

Blue: Bats go forward you

Red: Bats go behind you

Green: Bats go below you

“Umm, you didn’t need to use those collapse DFM then!” “Shush up you kiddie fiddlers.”

This is useful, because if you hit the opponent with this, you’ll be certain to follow up with every move. A good combo starter move. However, if you miss this, you are vulnerable for a whole second! Sometimes, you just have to risk it.

Down smash – Walk for me, giant servant!
Oblivion tilts his body to the left a bit, and holds his left hand out. After this, purple energy appears quickly, and the purple energy transforms with a giant purple statue with looks like a big-foot (wow). After this, you can move back and forth with the statue for 5 seconds at the speed of Ganondorfs run. This has average start-up lag, and you can cancel this at any time during the movement stage with a shield input move.

The size of the statue depends on how much you charge this. When uncharged, the statue is 2.5 stage builder blocks tall, and 2 stage builder blocks wide, and when it is fully charged, it is 6 stage builder blocks tall and 3 stage builder blocks thick. This doesn’t do any damage, and pushes the opponent back a bit just like when you walk slowly into the opponent. The Big foot what-ever-it-is cannot get hurt as well.

This can be used for approaching and camping measures! If you are against a laser camping Falco, the statue will take all the blows of the lasers while going forward. Please note that charging this is important, as when you fully charge it on let say Final Destination, it covers all the vertical space, making it pretty much un-jumpable. When you do this uncharged, it is very jumpable, rendering this useless. Ultimate spacers such as Brawl Minus’s Zelda can still hit Oblivion with the far away hit-spot, meaning characters with that much disjoint and range makes this a no go.

Neutral Aerial – Environment Gatherer
Oblivion looks towards the screen, and spreads his arms out wingspread. Then, he glows grey for a brief second, and grey matter goes towards him. What this does is makes any obstacle created by Oblivion or another character go towards oblivion, and gets spurted back out. The range is the entire stage. However, the damage it does is either the original it does, or a set 10% and mid-low horizontal knockback if the obstacle doesn’t have a damage input. The direction of the obstacles are the 8/16 Compass points. This has quite a lot of start-up, ending and landing lag.

The use of this move is to either eradicate the opponents’ traps, or to use it with your orbs of destruction for large spread coverage. Otherwise, this is not a necessity for this character.

Forward Aerial – Sly Hack
Oblivion leans forward, and goes to its side a bit. When I say a bit, I mean, it fully enters the Z-axis, as far out as a spot dodge, meaning Oblivion is unhurtable. Then, Oblivion comes out of the Z-axis onto the battle pane, and slashes horizontally downwards with a short boost of horizontal movement identical to ROBs B-air. This has low start-up and landing lag, but has a lot of ending lag. This does 12% and mid-low horizontal knockback with average priority.

This is a good move because it can easily be put into approaching measures and/or counter attacking opponents. Having properties of a air-dodge is very useful, however, if you whiff this up, you can be punished harsh for this. So travel with caution.

Backward Aerial – Hyphen Dash
This is simple, Oblivion dashes backwards 4 stage builder blocks at the speed of Sonics run (which also leaves red-illusions behind). This has low start-up, ending and landing lag. In the first quarter of this move, Oblivion is invincible. This does no damage, and if you press A again in the movement process, Oblivion turns around. Also, as a neat effect, if you fast fall in the middle of the movement, Oblivion starts to curve downwards. The use of this move is to run away from the opponent, get out of right situations, and also to recover as well.

Upward Aerial – Tasty Magic
Oblivion sticks his scythe up into the air, making it shine. Then, after a brief 0.2 seconds from the start, a magical effect will occur which will differ between each other with the use of the different scythe colours. This has low start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending and landing lag. Of course, the use of each one is different (or different circumstance picky people).
Normal: With this one, a lightning Bolt shoots downwards from the tip of the scythe. The lightning bolt is as thin as Pikachus thunder, and travels downwards instantly 2 stage builder blocks down. The hit-box lasts 3 frames. This does 11% and mid-low downward knockback. This also has transcendent priority. A spike? In an up air? Madness! So, yeah this should be used to knock opponents into the air, for a short combo opportunity, or for an offstage kill. This however looks like it has more lag than the other variants.

Blue: Water travels upwards in an exact same fashion as Squirtles up-b. The water is a stage builder blocks wide, a travels 2.5 stage builder blocks in an 80 degree angle over the course of a second. This does 6 multiple hits, with it doing a maximum of 10% and mid-low diagonally upward knockback. This has disjointed priority. This can be used as a small wall to protect yourself with, and to start combos in the air.

Red: 3 fireballs the size of Links bomb shoots out. These fireballs home into the closest opponent. They travel at the speed of Marios run, and if the opponent dodges it, then they continue to just fly away. Each fire-ball does 4% and very low diagonally upward knockback. The fireballs disappear automatically after 3 seconds. The main use is to force the opponent to dodge, and respond accordingly. Another use is to be a damage staple, and actually make up aerial be used as a defensive move.

Green: Wind is seen below Oblivion, and the wind shoots upwards 3 stage builder blocks. This does no damage and has the same use as Game and Watches up aerial. The main use for this is to unstale all other moves (which is highly needed for Oblivion, who has a low killing potential as it is) and to interrupt up-b recoveries, and follow it up with a quick attack. Oblivion doesn’t move by the wind due to his body still being attached to the ground.

Downward Aerial – Dark Matter push
You know about the attached matter connected to Oblivion via the Earth? Well, with this move, darkness bulges out to the same size as King Dedede from the said attached matter connected to Oblivion from just underneath Oblivion. Then, the Darkness quickly follows down the attached matter to the earth. The darkness matter travels down at the same rate per second as Sonics run. This has low start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending and landing lag. This does 10% and mid diagonally upward knockback that has constant super armour, just like the lingering hit-box of the connecting matter.

This move is quite hard to use, but has its uses. This move can make it harder for opponents to gimp you while you’re recovering, and can also be used against any opponent below you who is bound to go airborne. The angle the darkness travels depends on how Oblivion is hit and/or moves, which makes this move much of a much a specific situation move. Overall, this is a counter/prediction/bait move, due to the characteristics it carries. This is however useless on a short hop, and definitely needs 2 full jumps before its use is viable.

Pummel - Fear
Oblivions eyes turn bright red, which causes to shake the opponent with fear. This does 3% with each hit gap being the same as Bowsers pummel rate. Good for more damage and un-staling other moves, just like all the other pummels.

Forward Throw – Feel the force
Oblivion points forward with his left hand, and then, if by magic, the opponent flies away. This does 5%, and a set knockback of 4 stage builder blocks forward and 2 vertically. This has a bit of ending lag for Oblivion. This is mainly used to force the opponent back to their original positions. This is mainly used with a defensive orientated Oblivion, who pushes approaching characters (IE Donkey kong) back, and proceed to put up down bs or use your projectiles.

Backward Throw – Dimension Cretins
Oblivion quickly slashes in front, creating a red split. Then, Oblivion runs back, and holds the opponent in place when the other dimension bats appear. The bats appear for a second, and goes through the opponent. This does 13% and mid diagonally upward knockback (backwards). This is used to deal a good staple damage, but this has lots of ending lag that makes it un-useable as a follow-up move.

Upward Throw – Scythe Spike
Oblivion sticks the opponents head underneath the scythes tip, and then he raises his scythe into the air, making the opponent go into the air, and then he creates a spike from the scythe, striking the opponents head. This does 7% and mid-low downward knockback. The use is similar to that of Mr Game and Watch, having to follow the tech direction the opponent does, and use a more long range move like Down Tilt (normal). If you can’t predict, you’ll most likely get counter attacked.

Downward Throw – Come with me – to the underworld!!
Oblivions signature throw. He basically drags the opponent into the ground, and they slowly go into the ground, which causes the opponent to die and for Oblivion to pop back up. This takes 3 seconds to get out of, in the same fashion as a grab. However, if the opponent is at 160%, it is pretty much an instant death. This has quite a bit of ending lag for Oblivion.

The reason why this is his signature move is that he pretty much has NO KO moves, that would kill at 160% from centre stage. Opponents will live a long time against Oblivion.

UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!! Final Grasp!
The camera zooms into Oblivion, who causes the stage platform covered in purple-black darkness. The background also changes, similar to the subspace clone battle places. After a second, and darkness of the stage opens up, and eats up 2 stage builder blocks into the air. If this catches the opponent, a cinematic plays, with the darkness covering the enemies. The darkness makes a couple of ripples and crunching animations, and after 2 seconds, you’ll hear a lot of slashes and Mach Tornado sounds very quickly. After this, it spits the opponents out, making it the end of the move. This only works if the opponents are in the darkness range, which makes this final smash short lived. This does 45% and high vertical knockback. What do you expect? Final Smashes aren’t all that important! You have to be certain the opponent is a ****** a stay on the ground.

Oblivion is pretty much the jack of all trades, as in, his playstyle is very spread. Oblivion has the tools to approach, has defensive measures, gimping, damage raking, combo ability, and range. He also has the unpredictable essence, as he has so many tricks, and more moves than the average smasher, meaning he can maintain a match-up quite well. That’s Oblivion in a nut-shell, he has a lot, and you’ve seen that, so you can call this a make your own playstyle, but obviously there is more to it than that.

He might have a vast array of moves, but let’s talk about the 3 big moves that you could focus upon (you’ll think: Why can’t I do all of these? I say focus on these because you mind will over-board, and end up misjudging an option, and could cost you the match):

Down B: Those ‘Orbs’ you make fun off

These dark orbs have a lot of potential. This move is one of the reasons why Oblivions playstyle is so varied. While it might take a while to get all the orbs on screen, it is very possible due to the slow nature of SSBB. With this, you could use this with approaching and camping, which I’m pretty sure I’ve stated before.

If you use for approaching measures, you’ll be in the air quite a lot, so using Forward Air on the decent is useful, and then you can jump up again or the like. This way, even if they dodge the orbs, you’ll get closer and maybe bait the opponent into air-dodging into a sly hack or down tilt because they air-dodged when you close to them.

For defensive purposes, you’ll most likely accompany this with B-air when they get to close to run away, or Neutral Air to try and punish the opponent for approaching. That way, you can run away and make more dark orbs if you missed with this. If they air-dodge towards you, it’ll be perfect to use the lingering moves, such as the Earthquake down tilt if they go downwards, or up-aerial.

And if you are really good or lucky, you could line up the dark orbs in a line, and actually succeed in a gimp, however unlikely you’ll be able to.

If you think 6 orbs are a bit small, but remember you can use hold down b red scythe, to triple the number, and cause more havoc, but at a price less damage and thus hit-stun and priority. I’m sure you can think of plenty more uses, but remember, don’t overboard yourself with ideas and the like).

Side B: Mirror, Mirror in this game

Right, this move is the hardest move to use, ever. It’s not the mirror itself, but how to measure your other attacks. This mainly effects your projectile moves, such as Side Tilt, Down B, Up air (fireball), Forward smash, Up smash and some more projectile/indirect moves. For a mirror that can move places and tilt angles, it should be **** hard to use, and how is it going to benefit in anyway?

The mirror can make range go all whole new level. Imagine the satisfaction of gimping the opponent off the stage literally from the other side of the stage. Plus, with this method, THERE IS NO WAY YOUR GOING TO GET HURT! That is a great thing. However, mastering this means MASSIVE dedication, and would play in the weirdest way possible. Without proper use, this technique is laughable. But if someone pulls this off consistently, they would be classed as a force to be reckoned with. Impossible to use, most likely, but would be a great gimmick.

Down Throw: Why this one?

This one includes Damage Raking to about 160%, and then proceeds to force a grab to use down throw. Down throw is the most reliable form of KOing for Oblivion, at 160%. The way to do this is either use passive damage such as using projectiles and the opponent forgetting Power-shield < Projectiles. You could either go uber offensive, or uber camp, which is fairly possible with both (if you have read the set). Then, you’ll try to go for a grab, either by approach or defensive methods, but the opponent will realise what you’re going to do, and will proceed to hit you as far away as possible, making KOing with this method unreliable.

These moves are big to Oblivions moveset, but you MUST remember to use Neutral B to change the properties of the moves, more related to the focus you have. Please note you can mish make these ideas, and besides your an individual, you can come up with your own ideas right?

___

But, if Oblivion is supposedly good, or at least half decent at everything, then what is he bad at? There HAS to be something bad!
Right you are! No character is without their issues, no matter how trivial. However, Oblivion has some issues that need to be addressed. Here are three:
1. VERY low KO potential

Yes you have read that the strongest move in Oblivions set is Mid-high, which is Down Tilt (green). Yes, Mid-high, most of my sets have High-low as the average KO move, so this does speak volumes. I’d say most of Oblivions moves do mid-low to medium knockback. This openly suggest that his killing potential is the worst in smash bros. However, his options should allow Oblivion to stay away and attack just normally to stack the damage on. The problem with lots of smashers is that they go for the KO moves at 150%, leading onto predictability, and being to KO the opponent much later. With Oblivion, you HAVE to understand that killing isn’t his priority, when Oblivion kills the opponent with a move, he does just that, don’t try to force it, it won’t work.

2. Ending lag on a majority of moves

You’ll probably have noticed that quite a few moves have short start-up lag, but has quite a lot of cool-down. What this means that it sometimes a risk using these attacks. With these moves, you have to hit the opponent, otherwise you’ll get punished – hard. A move like this is F-air off-stage, you might get a gimp in, but if you miss, you’ll be the one on the tip of the stick instead of the opponent. You have to be careful, so you should practise with Oblivion beforehand, know which character can counter what due to speed.

3. Recovery and matter attachment.

Right, the dark matter attachment is something used to hinder Oblivion, to make him look more punishable. Having a large array of options make a character look scary. Although he has ways to protect themselves, and making Down Air more of a unique move.

But the biggest issue is that the matter is linked to his recovery. The recovery, although recoverable from everywhere and has momentum cancelling properties, is predictable due to the path already being told. Plus, this recovery can force you into the lip of an edge, making yourself die is a sad sight. Not being able to kill and dying at half the percent hurts.

However, these problems might not be apparent to a good Oblivion player, they’ll know of his issues, so in tournaments, he’ll pick stages that have good edges, ban Final Destination/Lylat Cruise, and pick a semi-big neutral stage to maximize the use of projectiles, wide-spread moves, combo starting.

Those are some things to help to come up with a potential playstyle, but remember, the focus isn’t set, and many moves can be applicable in numerous ways, so, because of this, I couldn’t give a defined playstyle, because it is essentially yours to make.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I changed the laws of pokemon to fit Marowak the way I WANT IT gasp.

You could say that I'm just that awesome, changing characters weight like that ;P

I suppose most manz are away or sleeping at the time I posted the set, and patience is always good.

/doesn'texpecteveryonetoreadthedownsmash,being1,650wordslong.
You changed the laws of Pokemon?! *worships*.

And don't worry, I'll read the down smash ;).

I have said this in the chat, but I'd just like to say I have one more set planned that will hopefully be released by the end of this contest, or the start of MYM6. It may seem like a joke set, due to character choice, but it isn't.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
And for H_R:

BlackDoomWheelieGeneralGreivousNacktheWeaselTheRaptorsHyper_Ridley
DeathDaroach1/2ofCortezTridentKnight
*huggles Jimny* ^_^

Marowak:
Nice set!

You managed to take a simple dinosaur and give him some very creative moves, especially the DSmash. I had a bit of a hard time seeing how his neutral special is a mechanic, though. I guess it weakens the moves using his bone?

The playstyle section was interesting how you dicussed every single move in his arsenal. However, I honestly feel that playstyles tend to be more coherent when you can discuss strategies that cover mulitple move-types, and not just individual moves. Though I'll give you credit, at least there wasn't a big amount of copy-pasta pokemon moves.

Overall, I would say that Bowser Remix retains the position as your best MYM5 set, but Marowak is still a solid entry and another fun pokemon move set (and it's not from KRool, yay!)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
*huggles Jimny* ^_^

Marowak:
Nice set!

You managed to take a simple dinosaur and give him some very creative moves, especially the DSmash. I had a bit of a hard time seeing how his neutral special is a mechanic, though. I guess it weakens the moves using his bone?

The playstyle section was interesting how you dicussed every single move in his arsenal. However, I honestly feel that playstyles tend to be more coherent when you can discuss strategies that cover mulitple move-types, and not just individual moves. Though I'll give you credit, at least there wasn't a big amount of copy-pasta pokemon moves.

Overall, I would say that Bowser Remix retains the position as your best MYM5 set, but Marowak is still a solid entry and another fun pokemon move set (and it's not from KRool, yay!)
Eh, well it's the side-b that's the mechanic (which is stated first), and that the Bone stays in the one place after throwing it, and it returns back if it gets hit or you press the input again. Obviously, if you don't have the bone, you can't use moves like neutral a for example.

I'm no good with the extras, and obviously the playstyle as well, although I picture it that Marowak is a great gimper, I didn't emphise it much then. I keep that in mind for next time.

I think it's the majority of moves Marowak have unique properties, and that's what you have to look out for.

Thanks for the critism, I heart them as always.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I look fowards to seeing what you come up with Clownbot, I always enjoy getting to meet new people in MYM. :bee:
I'm looking forward to what you're capable of, Clownbot.
As I haven't said so already, welcome to MYM Clownbot :bee:
Thanks, guys! :bee:

Also, that was an awesome set, dancingfrogman! I especially like the specials, Up Tilt, and Down Smash-- some pretty unique moves right there.
These are the kinds of things that'll discourage me about making my movesets.:laugh:

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
The moves worked together quite well, and the Up Special is completely amazing if you can visualize it. A few of the moves seemed a bit forced and bland, if only because of the very high standards at MYM. It would still be hailed as a very creative moveset if it was in smash, due to the prevelance of generic attacks(Sakuraiii!). Most of the attacks seem very good, but the treasure chest smash seemed a bit underpowered compared to the rest. And also...hey! You took my down aerial!! Well, apart from that, a very solid moveset.

And, I have decided to make a little PSA, concerning an amazing extra that nobody uses at all in movesets.
Glitches!
From examining many AT's and glitches that have been discovered, I have realized that glitches tend to fall into a spectrum of sorts. At the more mundane end, there is mechanics and easter eggs that have been programmed into the game. Pivot grabbing and the smash taunts would be under this. These tend to mostly be either something that has no use, or a typical sort of thing which many use. A bit further down, are the game mechanics that have been used in a way which increases handyness. Tink's SHDA is an example of this, the landing cancel mechanism used to increase rate of fire of arrows. Keep in mind that these categories tend to blur into each other. These are very easy to discover the underlying cause behind, and most are vital techniques. At the middle, is more little-known mechanics used in a way which creates an effect that is often difficult to explain. Many of these are a product of interruptible frames, and almost all have something to do with redirection of momentum. This category includes goodies such as the wavedash, pivoting, glide tossing, stutterstep, boost grabbing, and DACUS. The uses of these can be anywhere from useful to useless, mostly depending on what action you do during it, and how far you travel. The most common type of AT/glitch. Nearing the other end, are those moves which have a relatively mundane cause but look very glitchy. Some are the melee GAW super missle attack, Earthquake glitch, Meta Knight infinite cape, and possibly Scarring. These typically blur into the last category, and are usually quite situational, but some can be very good. Lastly is the crazy glitches, those which may or may not be known what causes them, and usually cause outlandish effects like strange animations, teleportation, high damage, instant kills, super fast movement, and invisible attacks. These usually have some very strange set of steps in order to do them, and many have only been seen once and never done again. Some are the Yo-yo glitch, the freezing aura sphere one, Ice Climber's freezing glitch, Boomerang Superjump, Phantom Boomerang, Invisible Green Greens explosions, the Nana Pocket, and other crazyness. The holy grail of this class is the Super Yo-Yo Glitch. They can range from the useless, to the integral, to the banned as far as these ones go.
To integrate these into the moveset, it is recommended to have no more than 3 major ones, but situational ones like Ness's work just fine if you put in several. Bear in mind that most are either in class 2 or 3(starting from top), so focus on those categories. Don't forget to be creative when designing it, and try to figure out what sort of mechanic might trigger it. Also, as you get further down the list, you will see a higher number of situational ones that only work on a certain stage or a certain character, so don't be afraid to be specific.
Don't forget to design a glitch that is triggered by MK's tornado

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Marowak​
Agh! Another Pokemon set! *shudders* But of course, I kid! I kid because I LOVE! Marowak was always a totally awesome Pokemon and you clearly did him justice. I love the dancing gifs beside the headers...I seem to remember a certain aquarabbit that took a similar approach ;D

But really, you managed to have a nice little mixture of attacks that are true to the games and original attacks to keep it entirely fresh...while I may agree with H_R that Bowser Remix is your best set, I'm incredibly fond of Marowak too, keep up the excellent work DFM! ^_^

Long Paragraph About Glitches
*head explodes and blood pours out, Dead Space style*

I hate to come off as incredibly rude but...I'm not sure how well fictional glitches would really catch on in moveset making...I just see it as a way to make your character have an advantage in a weird way...instead of making a glitch, why not just include what the glitch would do as part of a move?

Essentially since we're the ones making these sets, we don't need to abide by what would be considered a "glitch" in Brawl...heck, we could make a character who permenantly wavedashes everywhere.

In summary...yeah, I dunno how well that'll catch on.
Please put paragraph breaks too. @_@;

Junahu

Smash Ace
There were some genuinely enjoyable moves in Marowak, particularly the Up-B and Back-Throw.

But there were also a number of dissapointments, such as how Rage was just an ordinary Neutral-Air. I have no qualms whatsoever with a generic attack or two, because they help the flow of the moveset. But Rage has soooo much potential.
In pokemon, after you use Rage once, and until you use a different attack, the power of Rage increases every time the pokemon gets hit.

Dash Attack: U-Turn
^I'm not just quoting Marowak here, I'm quoting at least 3 or 4 other pokemon movesets.
No moar U-turn pleez

Sparkz said:
And, I have decided to make a little PSA, concerning an amazing extra that nobody uses at all in movesets.
People still put glitches and techs in movesets, but it's about as rare as "Classic/All Star mode complete pictures" and most people explain any potential techs in the moves themselves rather than bundle them together as an extra.
Including glitches is down to personal preference, and I'm sure there's more important things to PSA about...
but thanks for taking the effort all the same. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The final boss approaches...

MIRACLE MATTER

Miracle Matter here, or "Matter", as he should be more aptly named, is the final boss of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards... sort of. Turns out he's a decoy, and the real boss is the ubiquitous 02, who you can only fight if you've collected all 64 crystal shards. Miracle Matter is set apart by his multiple transformations; as you fight him, he cycles through six forms, one for each of Kirby's copy abilities in that game. These are:

Fire
Cutter
Spark
Ice
Needle
Bomb
Stone

Of note is that Miracle Matter is invulnerable in his default form, which he stays in for only a few seconds before changing. He can only be harmed when he's in one of the seven above forms, and only by the same type of attack; as Fire Matter, he can only be hurt by Kirby's Fire attack and any combinations of Fire and another ability. Once a certain amount of damage is dealt to a given form, it's destroyed, removed from Miracle Matter's repertoire.

To get a MUCH better idea of how this character works, refer to this video.

In Brawl, Matter starts off in his default form, drifting a ways off of the ground and moving around at a slow pace in either direction; no dashing for this one. He can jump, but not very far, and has access to no attacks - however, he also can't take any damage or knockback. He essentially has infinite super-super-armor.

He only stays in default form for three seconds before transforming into the next form in his set order. The order is the same as the listing above, and the order of movesets below. He always transforms into the next form, remains in it for anywhere from ten to fifteen seconds, and then goes back to Miracle form almost instantaneously. As Miracle Matter, he has no recovery, remember, so try not to get caught off stage when this happens.

There is one more quirk, however. In whatever form Miracle Matter's in, attacks that don't correspond to his current form deal half their usual damage and knockback. This helps to cancel out his poor stats and limited movepool in any given form, as well as the annoyance of constantly shifting. I elaborate more on which attacks work properly against which form below.

As to the limited movepool, all seven forms have access to a Special, Up Special, and Down Special. The rest of the attacks of a normal character are divvied up between them; only one has an Up Air, only one has a Down Tilt, and so forth.

ANIMATIONS

Idling Miracle Matter floats, about a Pikmin off of the ground. Obviously, this means that low attacks, including any Down Tilts, miss altogether. However, he's a pretty big target, a bit wider across than your average Bumper.

Walk Matter drifts forward at about the speed of Ganondorf, only smoother. He goes up and down slightly as he goes, like a Shadow Ball. Slow walk, pretty useless, and it doesn't help that Matter has no run.

Jump Matter is propelled by an invisible force upward. This is a short jump, and his second is just as short and just as sudden. His jumping doesn't exactly compliment him.

Crouch He drops slightly, almost brushing the ground. Now he can be hit by Down Tilts, hooray.

Dizzy Matter's many eyes begin swirling around wildly, and he descends to the ground, seeming broken.

Sleep All of his eyes close simultaneously, but he remains drifting and will transform after three seconds as per usual.

STATS

Jump 3
Power 5
Speed 2
Attack Speed Variable
Traction 8
Fall Speed 6
Aerial Mobility 8
Weight 6

Matter in any form is slow in every sense, with weak jumps, but neither does he have good power and weight to throw around. He has some good traction, and can turn on a dime without tripping (how does something that floats through the air trip?), but beyond that, there's not much to work with. Versatility is your weaponry; that and your situational invincibility.

FIRE MATTER

Fire Matter is the first in his set order, so it's the first element you'll have at your disposal. Fortunately, it's a good all-arounder to get the feel for the character for the game. You've got your spacing techniques and some nice ranged moves, as well as simple repulsion and damage racking. Fire Matter is unlikely to pull off a KO, though, and his recovery in this form is negligible.

Fire Matter is particularly vulnerable to any and all fire attacks and attacks with fire effects. He's weakest against Captain Falcon, Bowser, Charizard, and Samus, as well as Heat Man, Hyper_Ridley, Blaziken, and Roy Mustang.

Neutral Special - Nova - Fire Matter pops slightly, igniting his core and causing the flames that typically flutter around him casually to burst out in a wide radius. This is almost instantaneous, and although it has low range and duration, it has great priority and is mostly lagless. The foe who touches him during its brief ignition is dealt 6% and knocked back a short set distance. The best way to think of this is as a better-range reflector in the hands of a slow character. Against equally slow foes, you can potentially chase and string these together - maybe even get a demoralizing early KO.

This attack has the additional effect of essentially absorbing any long-range or disjointed fire attack used against it. The hitbox is a mere few frames long, but if you time it right, any flame breath or fireball is instantaneously swallowed up, if you will. The damage is dealt to Fire Matter, but there's no knockback. The more fire attacks you absorb here, the more devastating some of his other attacks become. It also helps to pad his weakness to one of the more common elements. This stacks, so any fire attacks you absorb the first time you're Fire Matter will still be there when his turn comes for the second time.

Up Special - Effervesce - This is Fire Matter's iconic in-game attack, and it's a doozy, although it takes up his recovery, making him easily KO'd. Fire Matter stops in midair, whether he was on the ground or in the air, and two great pillars of fire emerge from him, one from below and one from above. These move slowly but last a solid two seconds before dissipating, to middling start-up and end lag. To get a clearer picture of what I'm talking about, see the aforementioned video. This is used at 0:04. These pillars are as wide as your average character and deal multiple hits, sucking the foe in for the full effect; if caught at the beginning of the attack, they'll be dealt about 20%. However, Fire Matter is completely vulnerable to either side...

Unless you've absorbed enough fire attacks with Nova. If you've absorbed 20%'s worth of attacks altogether, you gain a choice - you can tilt the control stick to the side in the start-up to cause the two pillars to emerge from Fire Matter's left and right instead. This is far more useful, as it can chase foes clear across a stage, although he's vulnerable from above and below.

However, if you've absorbed a whopping 40% worth of firepower, four pillars emerge, covering Fire Matter completely on all fronts. Obviously, this is nigh broken, but remember that it'd take a hell of a lot for you to reach this, and you only have fifteen seconds with it anyway. Shorter foes can duck to avoid all hits even if you're using it from the ground, and you have no recovery.

Down Special - Slag - The fiery ball spins rapidly, which has no effect outside of visually. This gives this attack some hefty start-up lag, but the reward is quite something. After about a second of spinning, Fire Matter begins to spew chunks of magma, which rain down all around him haphahazardly. Some go straight up, while others simply drop. Any one of these deals 5% and disappears upon contact, dealing flinch knockback. This attack lasts for about a second and a half, during which time about ten globs are spit up. There's little ending lag.

Where this attack gets interesting is afterward. About three of the magma globs will remain on the battlefield instead of simply disappearing, quivering in place. Any foe to walk over them will then take the habitual 5%. These can also harm Fire Matter; fortunately, they're not tall enough to reach him in his floating state. To boot, these count as enemy projectiles, and can therefore be absorbed with Nova to boot up Fire Matter's firepower. See, you DON'T have to rely on having a fire-based foe!

After about five seconds, these solidify into chunks of rock, which can be walked over and jumped off of. These crumble after another five seconds, but can be transformed back into magma globs by using any particularly high-power fire attack, such as Effervesce.

Dash Attack - Phoenix - From his leisurely float forward, Fire Matter hops slightly backward, flashing as he does so, then catapults forward, wreathed in flames in the shape of a bird. This has, therefore, some start-up lag. The high-priority phoenix moves at a quick speed forward, and is partially controllable to boot; you can move slightly up or down to pursue a fleeing foe. Upon contact, the foe is dragged along with you, being dealt continuous damage as they go; they can DI out of it, but it's tricky. Expect to rack 10-15% if you catch them. You remain in this form for a whopping two seconds, so mind you don't use it too close to the edge. There's noticable ending lag.

If Nova has absorbed 30% or more, you gain even more control, almost as though you were in a glide. This obviously makes it way easier to chase down the foe and deal the full monty in damage.

Up Smash - Seethe - The flames that are constantly around Fire Matter begin to whip around wildly while you charge. This is a low-lag smash. Upon being released, Fire Matter rapidly shoots upwards, about a Ganondorf's distance up, then, like a yo-yo, back down to the earth, which he hits with a loud thud. This has two hitboxes. The first is created at the peak of the jump; those whipping flames around him shoot upward in an arc-blade-shaped hitbox that grows as it goes up. This hitbox does a mere 12%, but it has great upwards knockback, which, combined with its range, make it fantastic for chasing a foe who's above you.

The second hitbox is created when Fire Matter hits the ground. Still superheated from the exertion of the attack, he makes the stretch of ground he hits turn to lava for a period dependant on charge time, anywhere from three to eight seconds. During this time, foes passing over it will be greatly slowed down, as well as taking constant damage. This can also reheat solidified Slags. It's a neat little trap, and makes this an incredibly versatile attack; whether they're above or below, they're going to suffer.

------------

Fire Matter, in a nutshell, is an offensively devastating form. Just about all of his attacks are punishing in terms of damage output, and he's got no end to long-range tactics. Given time, it's easy enough to fully charge up Nova, and that makes his moveset rather brutal, especially Effervesce. However, if a foe keeps a pressing assault - even one that isn't too effective - Fire Matter will find it difficult to get a foothold. And once you're off the stage, you're more or less done. You need time to get those flames kindling, so use Nova sporadically to break up incoming assaults. Timing is everything.

CUTTER MATTER

Cutter Matter is perhaps the most oddly-shaped form of the bunch. He's also likely the best at racking up damage, which is fortunate, as he's early in the order. Cutter Matter's game is largely based around projectile use and moving around the stage. Of note is that his dash is significantly quicker than Matter's other forms.

Cutter Matter is particularly vulnerable to blade-based attacks. Swords, knives, axes, you name it, as well as edged projectiles like arrows and boomerangs. This makes him a weaker form against Link, any Fire Emblem characters, Pit, and Meta Knight, as well as Cortez, Undead Hero, Skyler Ocon, Zasalamel, and Gligar.

Neutral Special - Boomerang - Cutter Matter turns a sudden backwards flip, in a lagless gesture. Foes hit by his spiky front in this flip take 5% and enough knockback to stop them from punishing the rest of the attack. At the end of this flip, the momentum causes Cutter Matter's third segment to shoot forward, spinning as it goes. How far it travels, on what trajectory, and how quickly depend on a plethora of factors.

If you were running when you used it, it'll move quicker. If you had just begun to run, it'll move on a slightly upward trajectory. If you were jumping straight up, it'll go slightly downward. If you were falling, it'll go considerably farther and on a slight downward trajectory. If you were fast-falling, it'll go more or less directly below you at a great speed. If you were simply standing there, it'll go faster than in any other iteration. If you were moving forward through the air, it'll go slower but farther.

However it moves - it's all up to you - the boomerang deals a nice 10% on contact, and continues on even after hitting a foe. It has a high chance of tripping the foe if it hits them on the ground, and also hits on the way back to Cutter Matter, making it easy for a skilled player to link hits. You can move and attack while it's out there, but some attacks are weakened. By making it chase you on the way back, you can often get your second hit.

Up Special - Moietize - This can only be used if Cutter Matter has all three segments on him. Upon usage, the third disattaches itself and begins soaring through the air while the rest continues falling at a reduced speed. The third is completely controllable by your control stick. You have to make it hit a ledge - it'll sweetspot onto it. Immediately, the second, larger segment will disattach itself, while the third falls still slower. Like with the first, it's completely controllable; again, you have to latch onto the same ledge. If you do, the third and most important piece becomes controllable, although it's faster, and once more, you have to seek the ledge. If you do, you'll grab it for real, and can pull yourself up as per usual.

There's quite a few things to note about this recovery. Firstly, you only control any given segment for two seconds before it falls uselessly and your recovery is wasted. Secondly, if any segment hits a foe, it'll bounce off, back to you, nullifying the recovery but dealing damage: first segment deals 5%; second deals 8%; and the mighty third deals 12% with some knockback. Thirdly, if Cutter Matter's third segment is hit while the first two are seeking the ledge, the recovery will be nullified, and all three will fall to their doom.

This can also be used as an offensive tool on land, as it has little start-up lag. If you use it with your back to a ledge, you can latch the first two onto it and then send the third one chasing after the foe for your allotted two seconds.

Down Special - Cleave - The big first blade of Cutter Matter disattaches and travels straight down for as long as you hold B. It travels through foes easily, dealing four hits of 5% as it spins on its way. In addition, it travels through platforms and even solid ground. It cuts drop-through platforms with so much force that they crumble away entirely, to be restored only eight seconds later. If also cuts a wide swath through solid ground of any kind, making a hole about the width of Bowser in whatever it passes through. If you hold this for too long, the piece will fall off the bottom of the stage, KOing Cutter Matter - and the remaining two pieces are vulnerable to hits throughout, although this won't interrupt the attack proper. The blade travels quick enough to pass through all of Temple in five seconds - so not too quickly.

The use of this is threefold. Use it to destroy vital drop-through platforms the foe is using. Use it to interrupt someone who's juggling you. Use it to make a hole in the stage to knock foes through, or to latch on to with Moietize.

Hell, use it after a Boomerang to make yourself a tiny target, just one medium-sized cutter drifting in space.

Down Tilt - Perforate - The middle segment comes into play for this attack. With a bit of start-up, it detaches and begins to spin forward boomerang-style on a low trajectory, just off of the ground. It goes about two platforms away before turning and returning on the same level. If it makes contact with a foe, not only will it automatically trip, it'll actually stick into them like a harpoon, causing them to essentially impale themselves on the ground when they fall. In addition to dealing a solid 12%, this incapacitates them for two seconds.

The main usage of this attack is as a way to occupy the middle saber. Use Boomerang and send out the first one, use this and send out the second, and then use Cleave to get the big one out of the way - and suddenly there's nothing to hit. All three pieces will return to the same place, never fear. One by one, they'll return.

Neutral Aerial - Oscillate - With little start-up lag, Cutter Matter aligns himself to point up and his bottom segment begins to spin rapidly. This creates a whirlwind of suction that draws foes in slightly, where the segment deals one small hit of 4%. This lasts about one second, a long aerial.

If you press A a second time, the middle segment begins spinning. This one deals multiple hits and traps the foe if it begins to hit - you're likely to rack about 14% if you get them with this one. Rely on the whirlwind from the first for that. The length of this is extended by another half a second, making this a great move for Mattercides - use it above a hole you created to pull them down with you through it and make it tricky for them to recover as you break out Moietize.

If you press it a third time, the biggest segment spins, just once. This is a single big hit with good knockback, dealing 10%. This is best used if they're too high to get caught in the middle segment, or if you're under the stage and want to knock them away and ensure they can't recover.

This can only be used if you have all three segments on you.

------------

Cutter Matter is a thinker's form. If used properly, you can deal massive amounts of damage in just fifteen seconds, and hardly take a hit. The key is to making your hurtbox smaller by employing all three segments in their own way. Send 'em all out, and the opponent has nothing to hit but three hitboxes. Incapacitate them with Perforate and you'll have time to Cleave the stage. Then you can oscillate for the cheap KO. That's the ideal plan, anyway. In exchange for these interactions and increased speed to pursue, you're rather incapable of doing anything significant once the fight gets too close. In this sense, you're basically in the same boat as you just were with Fire Matter, only more pronounced.

SPARK MATTER

Spark Matter is great for doubling as offense and defense. Like all of Matter's forms, you've got plenty of long-range tactics, but here, you don't lose simple "Go away" repulsion techniques. However, note that this form is visibly lighter than all of Miracle Matter's other forms.

There's a mini-mechanic in Spark Matter. When you're not moving or attacking - just hanging in the air, immobile - you're charging. Only when you're not exerting yourself do you charge. This is important for only two of his attacks, but they're quite something, as you'll see. Like Fire Matter's Nova, this carries over to the next time he becomes this form.

Spark Matter is particularly vulnerable to electric-based attacks, in addition to many metallic or machine-based attacks. There aren't many examples of either in Brawl, but there are plenty in MYM; just look at Hyper_Ridley, at Metal Man, at The Kid, or at Missingno.

Neutral Special - Field - With minimal lag, an electromagnetic field is formed around Spark Matter. A few wispy, thin lightning bolts form a sort of bubble around him, but they're so thin and the bubble's so wide that there are some giant, gaping holes in his field. These bolts are in constant motion, but even if they pass through a foe, that foe only take 4% and are briefly stunned.

The reason this attack is noteworthy is because after pressing B once, the field maintains itself. This means that you can sit inside of it and charge while the foe has to time their approach more carefully.

In addition, if you try to move in any direction - you can't attack or jump - the field shrinks, the bolts coming in closer quite quickly, making a much tighter and more intimidating protection. This has high priority now, but a well-timed attack can still poke at Spark Matter. All the same, this is usually a reliable shield-on-the-go. Pressing B again cancels the field.

Up Special - Magneticism - From Spark Matter emerges a thin, spidery web of crisscrossing lightning bolts, all of them tiny but persistently searching. This emerges at a middling pace in all directions as long as you hold B, and if a foe is caught in the rapidly spreading web, they'll be continuously stunned. In other words, they'll be stunned in rapid succession, which essentially looks like they're just moving in slow motion. No damage dealt. There's plenty of wind-down when you cancel it, as the bolts retract.

This is a recovery because, if used in the air, although Spark Matter will continue to fall, if the bolts make contact with any solid surface, they'll all converge onto it and abruptly pull Spark Matter onto it. You can hang there for two seconds before falling, but no matter what the surface, you can jump off of it as though it were flat ground. Although this is useless on certain stages and difficult to use unless you're near the stage to begin with, it's reliable on a place like Yoshi's Island and makes a good repulsion trick.

Down Special - Current - Spark Matter lowers himself a bit closer to the ground, giving this start-up lag. He then causes multiple waves of energy to surge through the ground in the form of barely visible slivers of yellow. These move quickly across the stage in the direction you're facing, and any foe standing on the ground when they pass will be dealt 3% and stunned for half a second. This may not sound like much, but these waves come out quickly - as long as you tap B. That's the key to this attack - you have to tap to keep the waves going and force the foe to go up into the air. In addition, this attack can be cancelled at the drop of a pin, making it possible to punish a stunned foe.

If you've charged enough - about five seconds of charging, altogether - the current will go out to either side, making it impossible for a foe to attack from behind and even harder to avoid this altogether. This does, however, exhaust your built-up charge, so take full advantage and tap away.

Forward Special - Thundercrack - This attack only works if you've charged. It take four seconds of charge to use this attack, so use it wisely. Actually, it's just about impossible to use it unwisely, because it's brutal. Upon usage of this attack, if any foe is within two Battlefield platforms of you, a sudden and massive bolt of lightning will materialize almost instantly, coming from Spark Matter's core and zapping them mightily. This'll deal a respectable 12% and has good knockback in the other direction, wherever they're hit from.

If you've charged sufficiently, I can highly recommend stringing a few of these together without giving the foe a chance to shield or dodge. It's a pretty insane attack, really. Such a shame you have so little time to charge.

Forward Aerial - Suspension - Upon the input of this attack, Spark Matter stops moving in midair. All momentum, everything, it just stops. This state lasts for five seconds, during which you can't use any attacks or anything of the sort.

That's it.

The point of this is to get a nice, high vantage to build up your charge, or to bring a complete stop to your momentum if you've been knocked away. However, five seconds is a hell of a lot, and you can be quite easily punished for your trouble.

------------

Spark Matter is based around placing yourself in the right place. Unlike the earlier two forms, this one has no troubles with close combat, as there are enough ways here to get the foe to back up or at least stun them for a while. The key is to find a moment of peace here and there to simply hover. Don't expect to pull off a chain of Thundercracks the first time Spark Matter comes up; simply charge as much as possible, and make them dread the next time you assume this form.

ICE MATTER

Ice Matter is set apart by how good he becomes at incapacitating the foe. Now we're getting into the forms with some real KO potential. Hopefully by now you've racked up a decent amount of damage with the earlier three. Ice Matter is a slower form, but quite strong.

Note that in-game, there are no ice shards orbiting him by default, so he's basically a chunk of ice.

Ice Matter is particularly weak against ice-based attacks, such as those of the Ice Climbers, as well as Shellder, Mia, Articuno, and a whole host of other movesets Warlord isn't terribly fond of. Water-based attacks are also powerful here, such as those of Squirtle or Azumarill.

Neutral Special - Snowball - Ice Matter drops to the ground and begins to roll. If the ground is sloped, the roll gains speed more quickly, but it gains speed even if the ground is flat. After about half a second of rolling, Ice Matter beefs up, covered completely with snow. At this point, he's a high-priority hitbox. Upon contact with an item or a foe, they're sucked into the rolling snowball; limbs can comically be seen sticking out as you roll. If you collide with anything solid, the snowball bursts, and Ice Matter suffers pretty long wind-down, while any captured foes take almost no knockback or stun.

You can cancel manually by pressing B again. If you do, the snowball basically bursts outwards loudly. Any foes inside take good knockback and a skimpy 8%. Items are gone permanently.

Alternately, you can use this to simply roll off the stage in a Mattercide. Beware, though - once you're off of solid ground, the foe can potentially get out by button mashing.

Up Special - Sleet - With a delicate clinking sound, a small fragment of ice materializes almost directly below Ice Matter. This serves as a platform, although it falls itself, albeit very slowly. Once you land on it, you have your jumps back - in addition, you can use your Up B again or use a grounded attack. You can only use this twice before landing on solid ground.

If used on solid ground, Ice Matter suddenly lowers itself and brushes the ground, a quick motion. That expanse of ground - the length of a platform - is suddenly frozen solid, rendered incredibly slippery to characters that don't float. How convenient. This melts away after five seconds and can be used multiple times.

Down Special - Glaciate - In another simplistic attack, Ice Matter stops his hovering and suddenly sparkles, little snowflakes popping all around him. In a tiny hitbox that's barely longer or bigger than Jiggly's Rest, if a foe is close enough, they're frozen solid a la Freezie, but for a bit longer, as long as three seconds. This is the perfect opportunity to catch them in a Snowball.

This attack is tough to pull off, so you're usually going to be relying on using Sleet on most of the stage, so the opponent is more likely to accidentally slip into you. This attack also plays another purpose...

Jab - Flux - While you tap A, Ice Matter lowers himself to the ground and begins to melt, basically. Little drops of water drip off; the first tap drops one directly beneath him, the second sends one flying slightly forward, and the third makes one fly off backward. Each drop deals 2% and has "Go away" FLUDD-style knockback. This is quick to come out and quick to stop, and can potentially spike if used properly, as it has such sudden, unexpected knockback. Using it from a Sleet platform to stop an edgeguarder is probably its best use.

Of note is that after you stop tapping, the water you've created lingers as a puddle for a few seconds; the longer you've tapped, the wider the puddle. If you use Glaciate while hanging over this puddle, it'll fully freeze, making another slippery tract. In addition, if a foe was standing anywhere in the puddle when you used Glaciate, they'll be frozen again, this time for a bit shorter, but still punishably.

Throw - Glissade - Yeah, Ice Matter has a throw without ever having a grab. How is this possible? Well, it's pretty simple, actually. Ice Matter lacks ways to punish frozen opponents, so this covers that glaring flaw; by simply bumping into a foe frozen in an ice block, Ice Matter will send them slip-sliding away at a speed dependant on the weight of the character and whether the ground around them is frozen. They slide slower through puddle but at a fair speed over regular ground and very quickly over the hyper-slippery ice made by some of his attacks. This is where you'll be scraping most of Ice Matter's KOs.

------------

Ice Matter has next to no ways to deal damage; hopefully you've done that already by about one minute in. No, Ice Matter specializes at scraping KOs off of damaged opponents; cheap KOs, usually. The key is to freeze as much of the stage as possible, as this'll keep them off balance and facilitate your victory. All of your moves interact in ways that make them greater than the sum of their parts. Your next form is another damage-dealer, so you better hope you get a KO there, because if not, you'll have to wait another 20 seconds for a KO form to come out.

NEEDLE MATTER

First of all, the above image is rather misleading, as Needle Matter does in fact have a big orange body, and is not just a few spikes floating around a nonexistent core. See it in all its glory in the above video, at exactly 1:00.

Anyway, Needle Matter is - as the name would suggest - a needling, irritating form to play against. It's all about pestering the foe with little attacks. This one's probably the best in team battles, due to its grab but lack of throws. Needle Matter's attacks are quick, good range, and relatively strong.

However, tons of things work well against this form. Needle Matter is particularly weak against any and all kick-based attacks. Dang, I know. This makes him weak to a whole host of Brawl characters, most of all Falcon, Fox, Zero Suit Samus, and Lucario, but not quite so many MYM characters, due to their lack of generic kicks. Still, he's also weak against Oume and Cammy, Knuckle Joe, Peter Pan, and Kid Goku, among others.

Neutral Special - Impale - The start-up is the small nubs around Needle Matter clicking slightly, moving in and out. Then you're ready to start tapping B and sending out spikes. First tap sends out the one in the top left corner, second the one straight above, and so on until all eight spikes are extended. Each spike extends about a platform and a half if they don't run into resistance, like a floor, and they come out fast. They deal 12%, and stab through the foe with enough force to leave them pinned and helpless on the end of them. You can stop at any time by simply not pressing B for half a second, upon which all spikes will retract, and the foe will be released to flinching knockback.

If this attack is used in mid-air, Needle Matter is suspended while using it.

Quite aside from the sadistic joy of seeing Pikachu skewered by a giant needle, this is great for poking out at foes. Just beware of wily enemies who come up from the left while you're still sending spikes to the right, as it takes about 0.3 seconds for each spike to come out.

Up Special - Transfix - If in the air, Needle Matter, with little start-up, sends out all eight spikes at once. They each go a platform and a half in their own direction. If any one of them happens to hit a ledge unerringly, it'll latch on and as the others retract, Needle Matter will be pulled up to that ledge. I guess you can call this a manual tether, as you have to time the spikes just so so that you actually hit that ledge.

If any spike hits a foe, it deals 10%. However, if any spike hits a solid surface, they all retracts and the attack is wasted. So don't try using this on the ground as a secondary Impale.

Down Special - Caltrops - Needle Matter lowers himself to the ground with little start-up, then rolls forward about two platforms' distance. During this, he has super armor and moves nice and quickly, and upon contact deals 10% and upwards knockback. As he rolls, all eight of his nubs are embedded into the ground, in the form of barely visible orange spikes.

These spikes cause tripping and deal 5% on contact, every one. This is obviously quite useful, as Needle Matter grows new ones after two seconds and the caltrops don't disappear until five seconds are up. The meanwhile, you can really rack it up, between this and a well-timed and well-aimed Impale.

This attack has a little bit of wind-down and Needle Matter is a pointless, helpless orange sphere for two seconds more, so it's quite punishable.

Up Aerial - Skewer - With some lag, Needle Matter's top nub extends into a spike, this one only one platform long. It remains at full length for the briefest of moments before retracting, IF it didn't hit anyone. If it DID hit, however, the foe is impaled yet again on the spike, and Needle Matter suddenly whirls around in midair. The foe's position above and Needle Matter's position below suddenly switch, as they spin through the foreground and background, locked together by that spike. Essentially, the foe who was above is now that much further below.

You remain locked together for another one second, during which time neither of you can do anything. If they hit the ground, they'll be impaled between the spike and the ground and buried (like Pitfall), and the attack will end, leaving you free to punish them. If not, the attack ends on its own after one second and the spike retracts, leaving them free to try to recover.

If you follow all that blabber, it's a pretty simple attack. You stab them, they're dealt 15%, you spin vertically to put them below you. If used when they're trying to spike you, there's little more humiliating. It's Needle Matter's only potential KO, and tough to pull off due to its lag.

Grab - Pinprick - This grab is useable in the air or on the ground. Basically, upon usage, all of Needle Matter's nubs extend just a little bit, and if you make contact with a foe in the second while they're extended like this, they'll be held fast by the sheer pointiness of it all. They're held there until they can button mash out. This grab in and of itself deals 13%, so it's quite decent.

Like I say, it's useable in the air, so use it to grab a foe trying to avoid your caltrops and drag them down into it, if you will. This is great for team matches.

------------

Needle Matter is all about the pestering playstyle. Most every character has some efficient way to deal him damage, so you're going to have to rely on your own relatively speedy and efficient attacks to rack it up before they can KO you. Needle Matter has plenty of ways to stall and/or impale, however briefly, so although he'll do little in one-on-one besides deal some damage, he's exactly what you need to lead in to the two final, beefiest forms.

BOMB MATTER

Bomb Matter is one of the most potentially powerhouse forms Miracle Matter can become. You've got range, like always, but you've also got quite a lot of KO power. You're also adept defensively, making this one of the stronger overall forms, if you ask me.

Bomb Matter is vulnerable to all explosion-based attacks, making him weak to Snake especially, as well as many MYM characters like Fatman, the Advance Army, Electrode, Guntz, Battalion Army, and Dr. Eggman. Since he's also the vaguely bizarre form, he's also vulnerable to just about every kind of attack that would fall under Misc, such as the movesets of Wilhelmina Carmel, Bubble Man, Hyatt and Acid Seaforce, just to name a few obvious examples. Good thing he's got good attacks to make up for all these weaknesses.

Neutral Special - Vesicles - With a bit less than a second's lag as the attack gets started, four smaller bubbles (the size of Pokeballs) materialize all around Bomb Matter at regular intervals. These orbit him slowly until you input the button again. Until then, if a foe tries to attack you and accidentally hits a bubble, the attack will be instantly cancelled, although they'll be more or less without lag and free to attack you again. The bubble is destroyed.

If you press B again, the bubbles are released, and all go floating off at a rather slow speed, directly out from Bomb Matter. They bounce off of solid surfaces, such as floors, but they CAN go drifting off one of the blast zones. If one of these wayward bombs collides with an opponent, it does what you'd think it does - it explodes. The explosion's not too big, with middling knockback and 13%. It's pretty easy to see coming and avoid, but not so if combined with other attacks...

Up Special - Detonate - Bomb Matter flashes yellow a few times to signify that this attack is about to take place. After this, he basically explodes. Big explosion, dealing 20% and good knockback, directly upwards. Unfortunately, Bomb Matter too is hit by this explosion. He takes the damage and the knockback, so this "recovery" is largely dependant on how damaged he is prior to its use. The more you use it, the better it'll become, but the easier pickings you are for the foe.

Note that after the explosion, you don't regain your secondary jump or anything of the sort. This is it; use it wisely. It's also, on an unrelated note, a good KO move.

Down Special - Napalm - The execution of this attack is instantaneous. It does nothing if you don't have any bubbles floating freely about. If you do, this causes them to literally explode in a shower of fiery sparks. These scatter, making radius of half a smart bomb, then fall groundwards, highly gravity-effected after that initial glorious moment of hanging in the air. The higher up the bubble was, the wider the area its Napalm covers. Each little flame deals damage, meaning there are potentially tons of multiple hits in this for you. Why not simply do this as soon as you create your bubbles?

Aside from the fact that you want to make sure the foe is going to be hit by a maximal number of flames, this attack suffers from some pretty hefty wind-down, as Bomb Matter recharges from the exertion of remotely detonating his bombs. If you don't time it right, you're likely to be punished more than you deal.

Up Tilt - Cluster - This attack, meanwhile, only works if your Vesicles are circling you. If they're around you, Bomb Matter moves up and then back down suddenly. In the meanwhile, the four orbiting bubbles come together above him in a small cluster bomb. At the peak of the hop, this makeshift bomb is sent flying straight up at a respectable speed. It goes up about three platforms and then falls back down. If it hits anyone while in the air, it basically blows them up for 16% and good knockback. If it misses entirely and falls all the way to the ground, it'll blow up there, one bubble exploding with the other three rocketing out from the explosion and exploding when they hit the ground. Their trajectories are haphahazard, but the damage and knockback remain the same. This makes a total of FOUR EXPLOSIONS, and it's possible to hit with more than one if the opponent isn't too damaged and doesn't get out of the way.

This attack hurts Bomb Matter just as it does anyone else, so get out of the way before your own Vesicles rain down on you.

Back Aerial - Bombard - In this attack, Bomb Matter itself becomes an explosive. His aerial movement stops completely for half a second, then, compressing slightly like a bubble moving quickly, he keels over backwards and plunges at a good clip. Yeah, this is a stall-then-fall, but as a back air, the movement is slightly skewed, rather than being a sheer drop. Bomb Matter is a hitbox all the while.

If a foe is hit by the plunging Bomb Matter, they'll be absorbed into the bubble, where they can be seen drifting if you pause. This is very high-priority, although it's possible to beat with a quick attack, cancelling the attack.

When Bomb Matter hits a solid surface, the explosion happens. It's got a wide radius but only does 11% with okay knockback. This one, however, doesn't damage Bomb Matter, only giving him some ending lag. The foe trapped inside won't have been so lucky.

If you hit a floating Vesicle instead of a solid surface, it'll also be re-absorbed, and add its strength to the explosion at the end, making it noticably bigger and stronger. If you had Vesicles floating around you during the attack, they're all destroyed in the explosion, so make sure you release them first.

------------

Bomb Matter is high-risk, high-reward. Set up those Vesicles at all costs, as they enable most of the rest of your attacks and you're pretty devastating if they're floating around somewhere. Use them to restrict the foe's movement options and then break out the big guns. You've got firepower aplenty, so take full advantage of it during the short time you have it. Don't be afraid to take damage, as Stone Matter specializes at tanking damage.

STONE MATTER

Stone Matter is the beefiest of the lot, and is quite capable of taking hits due to his increased weight and fall speed - almost twice as much as the other forms! - making it a heavyweight in truth. Although this form's attacks are clumsy and laggy, they're uniformly powerful, and you can expect to score plenty of KOs on unexperience opponents.

Sadly, Stone Matter is vulnerable to, in addition to the expected rock-and-sand attacks, such as those of Sandshrew, Gaara, and Marowak, all punch-based attacks. This means that many characters have an upper hand over him, and that that extra weight of yours is going to come in very useful.

Neutral Special - Hurtle - Stone Matter drops to the ground like a broken toy when this attack is used, without much warning. When he hits the ground, a loud rumble is heard, the screen shakes, and all foes who were grounded are suddenly briefly stunned.

Next you tilt either left or right, and Stone Matter rolls in that direction at the speed of Mario's run. He's very low-priority, so hope that you grounded the foe. The pay-off is nice; 18% and some good knockback, away horizontally. You can switch direction, but you're better off cancelling the attack with B as soon as you hit them once, because you can't turn quickly enough to string hits and the foes WILL be able to punish you.

Hurtle gains speed when going down a slope or jumping off a ramp. At the end of a jump, there's another stunning earthquake effect. There are few enough ramps in Brawl, but you've got your own tricks up your sleeve...

Up Special - Crumble - With visible start-up lag, Stone Matter crumbles into a pile of gravel. If used on the ground, this serves only as a particularly obvious spot-dodge. If used in the air, however, this stream of gravel can be directed by your control stick, moving at a rather sluggish pace for a rather short distance before reforming and plummeting.

If this stream of gravel passes through a foe, they'll be dragged along with you, dealt multiple hits for a potential total of 15%. When the boulder reforms, they'll be dealt a single big hit of 8% and pretty good knockback. This is a great recovery for stopping edge-guarders, although it's laggy, and doesn't take you very far.

Down Special - Chisel - Stone Matter begins to spin quickly, little bits of rock flying off of him as though he were being sculpted by an unseen hand; these rock bits can deal small hits if the foe comes too close. This process takes almost a second, and comes to nothing if interrupted. Stone Matter can take one of four forms:

1) A bird. Big bird, to be sure, but the wings are unmistakeable. This gives the guy four extra jumps, although they're all very short.

2) A big ol' ape. This fine fellow has a much bigger second jump. He's pretty block-shaped...

3) A fish. If you're unlucky enough to get this, Stone Matter can't move at all until hit, at which point he goes back to his normal state.

4) An elephant. In this form, Stone Matter stomps along even more slowly than usual, but his weight is increased yet again by 1.5, making him truly difficult to budge.

Whatever form he takes, Stone Matter can still move around and use any of his regular attacks in much the same way, just with the added bonus from the Chisel. His body shape is much the same, although his hitbox is a bit smaller for bird and ape. Definitely take advantage if you can. Stone Matter remains in whatever form he assumed (unless it's fish) until his time is up and he transforms into Miracle Matter again.

Forward Smash - Rubble - Stone Matter, while charging, lowers himself, quivering slightly. This is a high-lag smash. Upon release, Stone Matter leaps forward about half the distance of a Battlefield platform. He has super armor throughout. If he hits anyone on his way out there, he deals 16% and great knockback; this is the best KO move in his moveset. If he LANDS on anyone, they'll be squashed flat as a pancake, immobilized completely for about two seconds and dealt 22%. They're waaay too short to be hit by all but the lowest-sweeping of attacks, so try to break out Hurtle before they button mash their way out.

There's a lot of ending lag as Stone Matter slowly rises again, so don't use it like Wolf's to cross a stage "safely". This is strictly for scoring that KO, or maybe, if you have good aim and keep them on their toes, for setting up a Hurtle.

If you're in bird form, you'll flap your wings once on your way to extend the range of the jump. If you're in ape form, you'll jump higher, making it easier to score the crush. If you're in elephant form, you'll jump lower and not as far, but the ending lag is smaller.

Charging this move increases its priority. This isn't as throwaway as you might think, as the charge animation is rather inconspicuous.

Down Smash - Plateau - Stone Matter drops to the ground and shakes there as you charge. Upon release, two great chunks of rock emerge to either side of Stone Matter, sloped on the inside and steep on the outside. These are as high at their highest point as Captain Falcon, and wide across as a platform. Both crags can be walked on and jumped off of, of course, although you can't walk across them from the outside, since the outside is steep. These stick around for ten seconds before crumbling into gravel.

If a foe was standing there when the crags burst through the ground, they take some pretty nice knockback out and away, depending on what angle the rock hit them at. They only take 10%, though. A foe who was just on the edge of the rock will merely be tripped.

This is a rather laggy Smash, with noticable wind-down, although by the time they jump through and try to down air you, you should be recovered. Charging increases the steepness of the outer wall. At high charge, you can and should use these as a ramp to jump off of with Hurtle.

------------

Stone Matter is a beast. In multi-player, all and sundry take heed when this form comes to bat, because if not carefully dodged, there can be plenty of sudden KOs. I'd suggest trying to pull off a Chisel as soon as he comes out, as that'll make the rest of your fifteen seconds much more manageable. Don't expect to get off more than three or four attacks in that time; maybe set up a ramp and try a Hurtle, but not much more than that is likely to happen.

FINAL SMASH - CRYSTAL MATTER

The Final Smash of Miracle Matter sees whatever form is currently in play transforming back to plain ol' Miracle Matter. After three seconds in that form, he goes to this, which resembles a more rotund version of the above crystal shard. Crystal Shard IS an ability in Kirby 64, and here, Miracle Matter's secret potential shines through.

You're in this form for fifteen seconds, of course, during which time you have a fully functional moveset. You're not invulnerable, but you have no weaknesses aside from crystal-based attacks (which, let's face it, don't exist), so you take cut damage and knockback from everything.

Neutral Special - Luminesce - Crystal Matter glimmers, almost laglessly, causing a piercing flash to split the screen, covering it with white. Only Crystal Matter can be made out, brighter even than the bright screen. After one second, the light recedes.

If any foe was within one platform of Crystal Matter, they're crystallized by this attack, turned into glimmering white versions of themselves, as though frozen. They remain like this until they button mash out, and meanwhile take no knockback from your attacks, although they still take the damage.

Up Special - Mysticism - Crystal Matter shines brightly for a brief moment. Then he stops moving through the air, and you gain complete control and the power of free flight. You move around at the speed of his run, but you move around however you want. In addition, as you float, you leave behind a trail of tiny pieces of stars that fade one second after formation. Any foe that is touched by these stars suddenly begins to float uncontrollably; they can control their horizontal movement or their vertical movement, but never both. Cancel the attack by pressing B and take advantage of their affliction! They're released after two seconds.

Down Special - Acuminate - Crystal Matter spins around in a circle once, with a bit of lag. This sharpens his edges. For the next five seconds, anyone who comes into direct contact with Crystal Matter, unless they use a higher-priority attack, takes 10% and some knockback. Use this in conjunction with Mysticism to chase that crazy foe wherever they may flee and rack up multiple hits, tossing them around like a rag doll.

Forward Tilt - Gemstone Stalactites - As Crystal Matter glitters, a jagged spike of crystal emerges from the ground directly in front of him, as tall as Fox. If you press A again within half a second, you can make another one emerge in front of that, and so on until you have a row of five crystal spears. These won't fade until three seconds later, and serve as roadblocks.

A foe hit by an emerging stalactite takes 5% and is dealt peculiar knockback that is guaranteed to put them in the path of the next one. This is the ultimate damage-racking move. Every crystal has a 5/100 chance of also crystallizing the foe.

Down Aerial - Evanesce - Crystal Matter vanishes. In the half a second before he reappears, you control how much higher up he'll reappear by tilting the control stick up. At max, you can go almost two platforms straight up, and at least, barely move. After you reappear, there's a tiny hitbox right on the bottom of Crystal Matter's body, which deals 25% and immense downward knockback. In addition to going through air, Crystal Matter can phase through solid surfaces, although it'll round up or down if the time runs out while you're inside of it.

This serves as the triple threat of reliable recovery, powerful anti-edgeguarder spike, and surprise attack from below the stage.

------------

Crystal Matter is an amazing Final Smash, and quite a treat to play. It's the feeling of ultimate power and manueverability; it's like you can do no wrong. String together spears, fly around, run into the opponent, it's all good. If things are getting tight, just crystallize 'em. It really doesn't get any more fun and easy-to-use, hard-to-use-properly than this.

CONSOLIDATION

I'm not going to go on too much in this playstyle section, as I've given plenty of little blurbs about each individual form and its strategy. First, though, I'll give your eyes some time to get used to this regular font again.

Doo, doo doo....

Alright? So, although Miracle Matter may be rather daunting at first glance, in point of fact the forms are not all that different from one another. It may take a bit of time to figure out how to switch tactics, but all seven of them are largely projectile-based, don't particularly like close-range, and aren't well-rounded. They're mostly ground combatants who prefer to have good stage control and stay grounded in the center of the field. Many of your self KOs are going to happen when you're trying to recover and suddenly find yourself switching back to recovery-less Miracle Matter, although at least you get your second jump back.

And that's the first rule: always keep an eye on the clock.

The order is specifically tailored to your advantage, you'll find. This is how a game should go, if nothing goes wrong:

Fire, damage is dealt.
Cutter, damage is dealt. Maybe a cheap early KO, if lucky.
Spark, damage is dealt. Possibly less damage is dealt as you charge in preparation for the next time Spark comes out.
Ice, KO. Possible a suicide KO.
Needle, damage is dealt. Preferably lots of damage.
Bomb, damage is dealt, maybe KO.
Stone, KO.

Obviously, you're unlikely to go off so perfectly each time, but this is an ideal game. If something goes wrong, well, every form has its own defensive tactics, and all but Stone are at least slightly adept at racking up damage.

Each form has its weaknesses, so cover them. Know your opponent; you'd be surprised how many elements Samus can take on in her arsenal, let alone some of our unhinged MYM characters. Try to cover the specific attacks that deal full damage and knockback to you, and take the rest in stride. You'll seem a lot heavier and tougher than you really are if they're wailing away on Spark Matter with Ivysaur.

You'll find that playing with Miracle Matter is about versatility. It's about adaptation, it's about synergy, it's about improvisation. It's a crazy whirlwind of mechanics and eccentric strategies, but if nothing else, it is fun. For the opponent, they should find that it's much like a boss battle against an infinitely stronger power.

EXTRAS

Taunts Miracle Matter hops up and down gleefully... like a little child! Miracle Matter sweeps down low across the ground, leaving a residue of plasma or ice or gunpowder or whatever its current form leaves behind. Miracle Matter flashes once, brightly. Boring taunts, perhaps, but how much does a boulder have to work with? What about an ice cube? And a bubble?

Victory Ice Matter is in the foreground and spins around once, coating the losers in a fine layer of snow. Stone Matter drops into the foreground with a thud, then rolls towards the screen and through it, leaving it cracked. Miracle Matter, the original itself, hovers in the foreground, eyes rolling mockingly.

Loss Miracle Matter's eyes are empty and blackened, just as they are when Kirby beats him.

Kirby Hat Oh, how unfortunate - Kirby can't steal any abilities from Miracle Matter! It's only fitting, wouldn't you agree, since this is a major Kirby boss?

Victory Theme The climactic Miracle Matter fight theme.

Congratulations, Kirby... kekeke...

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Miracle Matter was a fun set, but I don't think it was your best. The organization wasn't quite up to your usual standards (though by any other standard it was fine). The little dots were cool, but color and different fonts in descriptions can make it hard to read. This wasn't really a problem though, the main flaw was similar to my Paint Roller. It would take insane memory to figure out which moves are the ones usable in each form, and each of the forms didn't have much of a movepool. I'm not suggesting that you make seven full movesets, but maybe some sort of special to use other form's attacks with lower power after extra startup lag? But this was still a great set, and it will probably get a vote from me (I can say that, this is probably the last MYM5 set I'll see before leaving). The creativity was great, and the detail was good, and the set leaned more towards underpowered than overpowered. Well, great job! This was an exceedingly creative set, and I can tell that lots of work went into it.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
ZOMG MIRACLE MATTER

(I'll read it later. Sorry, K.Rool! I have another task at hand at the moment.)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't care what anyone else thinks about the way Miracle Matter only has certain attacks in certain forms, I thought that moveset was absolutely beautiful. Perfect implementation of Miracle Matter (who I can't believe you put together so quickly, and wasn't even sure you'd actually do), from the weaknesses to only a few attacks in each form (considering he's only got one in each form in K64).

Naturally, the forms were given perfect playstyles, from the damaging, long-ranged style of Cutter Matter to the powerhouse, heavyweight Stone Matter. Of course, the changing was done very well, too. I love this moveset, SO MUCH!

I think I'm going to go play Kirby 64 again now. :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'll be waiting, Khold...

Miracle Matter was a fun set, but I don't think it was your best. The organization wasn't quite up to your usual standards (though by any other standard it was fine). The little dots were cool, but color and different fonts in descriptions can make it hard to read. This wasn't really a problem though, the main flaw was similar to my Paint Roller. It would take insane memory to figure out which moves are the ones usable in each form, and each of the forms didn't have much of a movepool. I'm not suggesting that you make seven full movesets, but maybe some sort of special to use other form's attacks with lower power after extra startup lag? But this was still a great set, and it will probably get a vote from me (I can say that, this is probably the last MYM5 set I'll see before leaving). The creativity was great, and the detail was good, and the set leaned more towards underpowered than overpowered. Well, great job! This was an exceedingly creative set, and I can tell that lots of work went into it.
Thanks for reading that wall there, Wiz. :cool:

As to the organization, I nodded to Ocon's style while also trying to make a different feel for each form, making them all distinct, as well as rendering what I knew was bound to be a huge moveset a bit more varied in appearance. I knew full well it would be tougher to read this way, but figured the aesthetic appeal would make up for it, again, like Ocon.

As to the memorization, well, I figure it shouldn't take long to remind yourself of which one knows which attacks when you can just mash out all the tilts and if the down tilt works, you know 1/2 unique attacks. Plus, putting aside the multiple specials, it's only got as many attacks as anyone else, and actually even fewer, with only one throw. :p

Glad you liked it, though.

I don't care what anyone else thinks about the way Miracle Matter only has certain attacks in certain forms, I thought that moveset was absolutely beautiful. Perfect implementation of Miracle Matter (who I can't believe you put together so quickly, and wasn't even sure you'd actually do), from the weaknesses to only a few attacks in each form (considering he's only got one in each form in K64).

Naturally, the forms were given perfect playstyles, from the damaging, long-ranged style of Cutter Matter to the powerhouse, heavyweight Stone Matter. Of course, the changing was done very well, too. I love this moveset, SO MUCH!

I think I'm going to go play Kirby 64 again now. :)
Well, that's great to hear, Kibble. This was basically my parting gift to you, I even had a small dedication at the bottom until I gave up because I couldn't find that invisible font. :ohwell:

When I feel the passion, I do my movesets ridiculously quickly. It's kinda scary, actually.

I love Kirby 64 - it's one of my favorite childhood memories - and I've always loved that boss battle, so I really poured all my creativity and playstyle and detail into this one. So glad it paid off. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Oh shi-

Just when I thought there weren't anymore really worthwile Kirby characters to make move sets for, K.Rool posts this epic work of art.

Okay, so unfortunatley my biggest criticism of the move set is the mechanic. Specifically, that he stays in each form for a random length of time. Tripping is bad enough, and then randomized move effects make my blood boil, but an overarching mechanic with luck elements in it? GRAAAAAHHH I'MA KILL YOU!

*calms down* Okat, so now that my little episode is over *chuckles nerviously* let's talk about the good part of the mechanic. I liked how you kept him with the same movepool as other characters but with it divided up between each form, at first I thought you were gonna pull a Megaman 9 on me and make him have just "specials" for each form.

Prett much every form had at least one move I had fun reading, and sometimes it was even the move that was derived from the game, such as Bomb's Vestiles, lol. Even the elements that are common in MYM such as fire and ice have an enjoyable move, like Ice's Snowball. It's revitalized my interest in those move types and has made me feel that they may still have untapped potential for MYM to extract. :bee:

The balance and playstyle tied together really well. He wasn't really great in any one form, but each had a certain advantage they could utilize to help the next form in line. I loved how you designed the order of the forms to be in a way that fits with his strategy. THAT'S how good balance is done, by designing the character to be good at what they do. *salutes*

Overall, I feel that this is a contender for your best set. 'Nuff said.

THE DRAGON HATH SPOKEN

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Stranger: asl?
You: Let's talk about your day instead.
Stranger: ok
You: How are things?
Stranger: good
You: Good to hear.
Stranger: thanks
You: Don't you have something better to do just now than skulk around Omegle, though/
You: ?
Stranger: no, not really
You: Look who's talking, though
Stranger: My girlfriend left me,
You: Bummer.
Stranger: I'm too young for a job
You: That sucks, man
Stranger: so this is basically everything for me.
You: Things'll get better.
Stranger: thx
You: It's summer, the weather's beautiful...
You: Anyway, have a nice day :)
Stranger: you too
You have disconnected.
You: how did i get here o god im not good with computer
Stranger: good luck then
Stranger: watch out for the trolls
You: thank you
You: have a nice day
Stranger: pok
Stranger: ok
You have disconnected.
Stranger: HEYYYYYY
You: You know what I love about this place?
You: I can say absolutely anything I want, and it won't matter in five minutes.
Stranger: what do you love about this place?
Stranger: hahah I know right?!
You: Yep, it's pretty awesome.
Stranger: By the way, I kinda slept with your mom last night
You: =O
Stranger: I hope that won't come between us
Stranger: Like, I didn't want to!
Stranger: I swear
Stranger: she was just like... all over me!!
Stranger: I couldn't stop her!
You: I'm totally going to track you down, kill you, and grind your organs into chili.
Stranger: as long as you put some basil on top I'm fine with that
You: Nice, nice =)
You: Good to find someone with good taste around here.
Stranger: everything tastes better with a bit of basil
Stranger: or nutmeg..
You: It's been fun. Have a nice day.
You: For now...
Stranger: you too
You have disconnected.
Oh shi-

Just when I thought there weren't anymore really worthwile Kirby characters to make move sets for, K.Rool posts this epic work of art.

Okay, so unfortunatley my biggest criticism of the move set is the mechanic. Specifically, that he stays in each form for a random length of time. Tripping is bad enough, and then randomized move effects make my blood boil, but an overarching mechanic with luck elements in it? GRAAAAAHHH I'MA KILL YOU!

*calms down* Okat, so now that my little episode is over *chuckles nerviously* let's talk about the good part of the mechanic. I liked how you kept him with the same movepool as other characters but with it divided up between each form, at first I thought you were gonna pull a Megaman 9 on me and make him have just "specials" for each form.

Prett much every form had at least one move I had fun reading, and sometimes it was even the move that was derived from the game, such as Bomb's Vestiles, lol. Even the elements that are common in MYM such as fire and ice have an enjoyable move, like Ice's Snowball. It's revitalized my interest in those move types and has made me feel that they may still have untapped potential for MYM to extract. :bee:

The balance and playstyle tied together really well. He wasn't really great in any one form, but each had a certain advantage they could utilize to help the next form in line. I loved how you designed the order of the forms to be in a way that fits with his strategy. THAT'S how good balance is done, by designing the character to be good at what they do. *salutes*

Overall, I feel that this is a contender for your best set. 'Nuff said.

THE DRAGON HATH SPOKEN
It HAS been a while since you were this positive about one of my movesets, HR! Thank ye very much! :cool:

Did I really say it was random? Could've sworn I set it at fifteen seconds... *checks*...Oops. Well, should I change it? Seems kinda sketchy to me.

I've dabbled in ice before, but I've never tried out fire. I think it worked out here, but I gotta say, Fire Matter was probably one of the toughest, up there with Needle and Stone. I admire Kibble for doing so much with it in Blaziken and (+Plorf) Heat Man.

Anyway, all the rest is lovely, lovely compliments, so thanks again, HR, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Miracle Matter is an ingenious idea resplendant with original, suitable attacks. Despite the frightening amount of waffling-on you do on some of the more complex attacks (to the point where after getting to the end of a move I forget what the move did) it was all for good reason, and I genuinely read the set with a fevered passion.

My biggest issue with this is the number of consessions you made to make this a legitimate MYM entry. With only 5 attacks per form, spreading them out over the entire brawl control scheme was the absolute worst way of making it work. I cant imagine any player simply picking up Miracle matter and playing him, without spending at least 10 minutes memorising who has what attacks and when.

I also found it odd how certain mechanics, such as Cutter Matter's ability to seperate itself, were not properly explained.

As much as I adore the moveset itself, I cannot overlook the way you pacified MYM's requirements, at the player's expense.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Miracle Matter is an ingenious idea resplendant with original, suitable attacks. Despite the frightening amount of waffling-on you do on some of the more complex attacks (to the point where after getting to the end of a move I forget what the move did) it was all for good reason, and I genuinely read the set with a fevered passion.

My biggest issue with this is the number of consessions you made to make this a legitimate MYM entry. With only 5 attacks per form, spreading them out over the entire brawl control scheme was the absolute worst way of making it work. I cant imagine any player simply picking up Miracle matter and playing him, without spending at least 10 minutes memorising who has what attacks and when.

I also found it odd how certain mechanics, such as Cutter Matter's ability to seperate itself, were not properly explained.

As much as I adore the moveset itself, I cannot overlook the way you pacified MYM's requirements, at the player's expense.
Heh, as soon as I saw that you had commented, Junahu, I thought to myself, "He's going to pick apart my mechanic..." Glad to see I was right. If I can't count on you to be honest and pragmatic, who can I count on? :bee:

I DO go on a bit now and then, don't I? I suppose that's a result of making things up as I go along, combined with a general desire for MOAR DETAIL after Father Time got such an abysmal reception.

I thought there was an innate coolness to having him have all of the attacks existing in Brawl, but in different forms. I concede, it'd take some time to figure it all out. I didn't exactly make this with casual player in mind, I confess. :p

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it... mostly? It's a bit off-the-wall and I expected realists like you and Ocon would be the first to notice that, but I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed reading it, at least.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I can see why you won MYM4, KRool!

Miracle Matter looks like an awesome set. I really enjoy the special transforming mechanic. I'd love to talk more about how epic it is, but... I haven't had time to read the entire set yet. Sorry.

Also, while I'm at it, I just want to let everyone know what my first MYM project is going to be.

It probably won't get finished until MYM6, but I'm really looking forward to doing it.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Sounds like a very interesting idea! You need to have Mr. Mime do a classic putting-hands-on-an-invisible-wall mime trick for his shield. :cool:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sounds like a very interesting idea! You need to have Mr. Mime do a classic putting-hands-on-an-invisible-wall mime trick for his shield. :cool:
lol, thanks. I can't give a preview of his moves, since the rules forbid it, but I'm planning on incorporating some of his Pokemon moves as well as some classic pantomime acts into his moveset.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
Anybody do this little kitty yet?

Yeah, I have the entire moveset typed out with tons of unique mechanics, as well as a brief playstyle summary, alternate colors, a Snake codec, and an unlock condition. (How many movesets have that?). I even made the entire moveset work with ONLY moves it can learn as of Platinum (though it isn't hard with the plethora of moves it can learn) However, I'd like to put in a few Poké Ball Pokémon, some taunts, and some victory poses (the loss pose is generic and already done). If you have any ideas, PM me with them and I'll consider adding them (and giving you credit, of course). Obviously, I will only be picking 3 (three) taunts and 3 (three) victory poses, but I will add anywhere from 5 (five) to 10 (ten) Pokémon, depending on how many I like. So if you'd like to (sort of) participate, but can't think up a moveset or a unique enough character (that hasn't already been done), please PM me with your ideas! :3

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
:)

[Repost of moveset]

Sorry to those but, whom many of you don't know Bobobo. Oh well.
REPOSTING MOVESETS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED!!!

To quote the OP:
Movesets should not be reposted under any circumstances. If you have changed or updated your moveset, you are permitted to post a link to it in the thread, but do not repost the moveset.
I hope you are aware that this will bring consequences.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
You know, Spade, it would help people out more if you comment on movesets like the rest of us every once in a while, instead of saying stuff like:

The hell's up with naming stuff like the icon or the crowd chant?
You flamed PK-Ow! for doing the exact same thing.

Also, you do realize that he reposted that because when he did post the original set, he got 0 comments on it.

I've been seeing you "comment" on movesets like this for a while, and I thought it's time to speak out. I like you, Spade, you are one of my favorite MYMers, but you seriously need to heed my words, even if he did break the rules.

Katapular, you do need to listen to what he is saying, too. Don't repost movesets. In fact, just tell us that you posted it a while back, and we'd read it. If you still don't get any responses, I'll make sure our members do comment on it.

THE PROSECUTION RESTS.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You know, Spade, it would help people out more if you comment on movesets like the rest of us every once in a while.

Also, you do realize that he reposted that because when he did post the original set, he got 0 comments on it.

I've been seeing you "comment" on movesets like this for a while, and I thought it's time to speak out. I like you, Spade, you are one of my favorite MYMers, but you seriously need to heed my words, even if he did break the rules.
I have posted "real" comments on several sets, mind you.

But since I'm a "dying" participant here, I, and here I'm dead honest, do not read every moveset posted, neither comment it. This is probably my last real contest. I will enter one or at most two movesets in MYM6, will not be part of the leadership, will not review, will not comment, will not read anything. Not even comments on my upcoming movesets.

MYM is of not much more interest for me. I am a leader of it, though, and until this contest is over in one week of submissions and a few others of voting and presenting the results, you have to deal with that I am enforcing its rules, which is my job. If someone is too blind/dumb/whatever to read the Opening Post, then I will tell them.

You out of all people should know my stance on commenting.

If he gets no comments on it, then he can ask "Could someone read my set? I got no comments. Here's a link". Breaking the rules is NOT acceptable.

The end.

Also, about that PK-Ow line:
I have flamed him for critisizing movesets themselves. I was making a half-joking question why someone would name Crowd Chants. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom