• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
One of the first melee tourneys I was at.... ~60 entrants.... there were three ppl with GOD in their game tag:
GOD
GOD?
!GOD

the ! prefix in programming is often used as negation. So we had one guy sure he was GOD, one guy who was sure he wasn't GOD, and one guy who couldn't decide either way.
lol great

------------------------

On a more interesting note, this is the first Brawl Tier list with a 5 star rating.

=/

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Reflex showed us all that we just doesn't know, by tearing through multiple tournaments with Pokémon Trainer, including one with around 80 or 90 entrants. With that in mind, we're still watching for the possible "novelty effect" of a character that makes a sudden splash in tournaments, then fades out.

Of course, if that doesn't happen, you can expect PT to go up again next time.
Thank you.

I'm not big on the Tournament scene- I have only participated in one online tournament, but played someone on the other side of the world, and lost first round due to 2 second lag on anything XD.

.Marik

is a social misfit
No man, I now getting tired of this. all the blame was but on me and I am here thinking I am the bad one. I am seriously not. I come here asking a question or w/e, something simple. Then we have azzhats like Ankoku and his goonies sniffing his azz and starting crap. Even when I ignore them, others wanna join in. Wanna focus so much on these kiddy jokes.

No, I'm sick of it already. Net no one says nothing to these idiots? I'm the bad one here. Even when I was calm and chill with these people being stupid, no one said anything. Yet I'm the anti christ of this? Hell no, I should not feel I can't post and speak my mind cause of some idiots.
But you're so super-serious and uptight about everything, just relax a little bit.

If someone disagrees with you, then prove them wrong. No need to get so upset over such trivial matters. You seem to call everybody "idiots" just because of the simple fact they disagree with you. It's not all about you, believe it or not.

But the way you're drawing negative attention? No wonder people are showing signs of disliking you. You need to change the way you address people and the tone of your posts.

Levitas

the moon
No offense or anything, you make really lame posts and only attract negative attention to yourself by doing so. Also the fact you snap at the slightest troll'd or comment of someone who disagrees with you.

I'm not "a follower" of anybody, and this is merely what I've witnessed countless times from you in this thread.
And that gives you the right to be and idiot. Then others wanna sniff your azz and join in. simple question, got what I needed. And people wanna be a-holes just to TRY and be funny and show off. It's funny, I thought you be the last person to act like a dunce cap.
I see someone walking in the middle of a busy street, getting clipped by cars over and over again. I point out the sidewalk, and he punches me in the face and keeps walking in the middle of the street.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
But you're so super-serious and uptight about everything, just relax a little bit.

If someone disagrees with you, then prove them wrong. No need to get so upset over such trivial matters. You seem to call everybody "idiots" just because of the simple fact they disagree with you. It's not all about you, believe it or not.

But the way you're drawing negative attention? No wonder people are showing signs of disliking you. You need to change the way you address people and the tone of your posts.
I'm not super serious. I'm had it with people being *****. This dude assume he know why I asked him the quiestion while being a dumb***. There was no need for that. could have just been straight and said it without trying to be funny.

And this thing with my tone of post. The heck I have this sig for? I'm going back to my old on. Does not matter cause people will go on about my tone like it is crystal clear. I can assume something about someone. Does not mean I have to be an ***hat about it. So **** it. If these fools are gonna get away with this crap, then no one can say anything to me. I'll stay and post how I post as long *** these butt sniffers keep up thier BS

I see someone walking in the middle of a busy street, getting clipped by cars over and over again. I point out the sidewalk, and he punches me in the face and keeps walking in the middle of the street.
That was to Ankoku. See what I mean with this BS?

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Well, it looks really cool, but the fact that the opponent has to be at a ridiculous momentum to start with.... ehh, I don't see how many situations there are for that to happen.
I think most of the potential is in teams...you've seen the caped reversed Warlock Punch, right? And the Shoryuken -> Cape kills at 0% from a Mario grab? It's pretty tough to set up, but one hell of a surprise when it works.

I think they were testing this on Sheik/Zelda upB's, and it didn't work. Not that it would matter much.

Imagine if it worked on Shuttle Loop? Or Nado? I wonder if anyone has tried it on a reversed SL, since it works so well on a reversed Warlock Punch. There is a momentum change when you reverse the SL, isn't there?

Just went and watched it, and I have one thing to say.

O_O

If Marios can make this somewhat relevant, he's going up for sure.
The relevance is the key part. I don't doubt SOMEthing useful will come of this, though HOW useful is the key.

Do we have any psychiatrists in this thread? I think we may need one.
Is Orthopedist close enough? :psycho: Perhaps there's something wrong with the connection of the parietal and frontal bones...

I lol'd hard at this. Too good of a visual not to.

Mario's going to start tearing up Low Tier tournaments once people really start using him. Ness too, FOW might have started up some kind of Ness revolution with those wins in Vegas.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not super serious. I'm had it with people being d!cks. This dude assume he know why I asked him the quiestion while being a dumbazz. There was no need for that. could have just been straight and said it without trying to be funny.
I just can't win with you, can I?

Listen, it's pretty clear given your current status, posting history, and how you responded to his reply what you wanted it for. Just because I pointed it out doesn't mean you have to start throwin' bull**** about "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" around.

And this thing with my tone of post. The heck I have this sig for? I'm going back to my old on. Does not matter cause people will go on about my tone like it is crystal clear. I can assume something about someone. Does not mean I have to be an azzhat about it. So fawk it. If these fools are gonna get away with this crap, then no one can say anything to me. I'll stay and post how I post as long azz these butt sniffers keep up thier BS
First of all, at least 5 people have told you that tone has nothing to do with emotion. Second of all, there's really nobody "following" me here. Your conspiracy theories bewilder me, especially since a great deal of the posters here have done so without my instruction, knowledge, or even having met them before. Just because nobody is "on your side" doesn't mean everyone's, as you say, "butt sniffers." We all just happen to see the same problems in the way you're postin', ze.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm not super serious. I'm had it with people being d!cks. This dude assume he know why I asked him the quiestion while being a dumbazz. There was no need for that. could have just been straight and said it without trying to be funny.
Something tells me you don't have much of a sense of humor.

And this thing with my tone of post. The heck I have this sig for? I'm going back to my old on. Does not matter cause people will go on about my tone like it is crystal clear. I can assume something about someone. Does not mean I have to be an azzhat about it. So fawk it. If these fools are gonna get away with this crap, then no one can say anything to me. I'll stay and post how I post as long azz these butt sniffers keep up thier BS
So basically, you hate us all, so you're going to keep posting here.

You make sense. /sarcasm

That was to Ankoku. See what I mean with this BS?
It doesn't matter who it was, the point still stands that you're a stubborn ****.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex showed us all that we just doesn't know, by tearing through multiple tournaments with Pokémon Trainer, including one with around 80 or 90 entrants. With that in mind, we're still watching for the possible "novelty effect" of a character that makes a sudden splash in tournaments, then fades out.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Dark. Pch, see the way you went on insulting everybody?

I rest my case.

Anyways, brb lunch.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Dark.Pch, if you feel like everyone's hassling you in a thread, maybe that's the first clue that you should stop posting in the thread. :x

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just can't win with you, can I?

Listen, it's pretty clear given your current status, posting history, and how you responded to his reply what you wanted it for. Just because I pointed it out doesn't mean you have to start throwin' bull**** about "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" around.
The hell with my damm status history on here. I could careless if people choose to see me that whay, when I am chill and just posting, there is no damm ecuse for people to be ***** when I did nothing to them. Just wanna try to sound funny and be with the "cool" kids. So don't you dare bring that my way.

I corrected you on why I asked the question and told you about acting a fool about it. And your response was "I aim to please" So that right there shows you just wanted to be a clown. Again don't bring that crap to me and look at what the hell you do.

First of all, at least 5 people have told you that tone has nothing to do with emotion. Second of all, there's really nobody "following" me here. Your conspiracy theories bewilder me, especially since a great deal of the posters here have done so without my instruction, knowledge, or even having met them before. Just because nobody is "on your side" doesn't mean everyone's, as you say, "butt sniffers." We all just happen to see the same problems in the way you're postin', ze.
Who said people always had to be following you? One makes a stupid comment or lame azz joke to show off, then another monkey joins in. And I could care less who is on my damm side. I expect everyone to just be on the other side. I'm not liked by many and I could give 2 ****s about it. Not killing me, I still live and breath and walk just fine. people liking on this site wont affect my life. people disliking me here won't chnage my life. Means nothing to me.

"hey, I dont like your avatar, makes me sick, it is so annoying"

Ok I am gonna change my avatar cause people don't like it. hell no, you can kick rocks with that. So I'm not gonna chance how I post, if you boys wanna take it in a way not even intended, thats on you. But don't you dare sit here and come to me with this BS.

Something tells me you don't have much of a sense of humor.
I do, just nothing on this site is funny. The people or the lame grade school jokes and comments.

So basically, you hate us all, so you're going to keep posting here.

You make sense. /sarcasm
Yea, you understood that post correctly.......

Not everyone here is like you.And people I can talk and debate with.

It doesn't matter who it was, the point still stands that you're a stubborn ****.
Actually is does matter who I was saying it too. Cause that Yoshi player did not deserve a comment like that. And then that mod thought I was talking to him, he made that post to state I was getting on him for no reason. How stupid are you?

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
just sifting through the last pages to see if anything new has come about, but nope, still ankoku and dark peach going at....take it to PM's?

also beings me to ask, how come mods can get off topic and get away with it? xD

with that said, im kinda curious about the whole placing of TL, i thought he'd go up more than 1 seeing as santi, jash, and quivo had been placing really well and showing people what he could do. also people like hyrulian royalty does tl some justice aswell.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark. Pch, see the way you went on insulting everybody?

I rest my case.

Anyways, brb lunch.
I insutled the people acting like *****. You are not acting like that, so that is not directed to you or anyone else in your case.

Dark.Pch, if you feel like everyone's hassling you in a thread, maybe that's the first clue that you should stop posting in the thread. :x
People can hassle me all they want I just don't wanna hear anything about me when the rest get away with their BS. it's not right.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
just sifting through the last pages to see if anything new has come about, but nope, still ankoku and dark peach going at....take it to PM's?

with that said, im kinda curious about the whole placing of TL, i thought he'd go up more than 1 seeing as santi, jash, and quivo had been placing really well and showing people what he could do. also people like hyrulian royalty does tl some justice aswell.
He's only 1 spot lower in the tier list than he is in the tournament rankings. Who would you put him ahead of, and why?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

I'm just going to hope things go away on their own.

As for going up and such, the question when it comes to tier lists isn't "how much should this character go up," but rather "who should this character go up past?" The bottom tier character of a game could have its own set of good options and such, but if the rest of the cast has broken options, then that one character would be comparatively bad, right? The same thing applies here - you can't say a character should go up more without talking about who he should go up above.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
He's only 1 spot lower in the tier list than he is in the tournament rankings. Who would you put him ahead of, and why?
i dont know if id go as far as to say hes better than lucario and should be the top of B tier but with the way hes being played i think hes above Zero Suit for sure. three projectiles, zair, combos from zair, a decent item boost. seems to be much mroe going for him than a 1 frame jab and a dsmash combo. (thats my lack of ZSS experience talking there :D which could lead to why i think hes better) that and i live 40min from quivo and have seen him quite a bit but no ZSS has even compared from what ive seen

EDIT:
I'm just going to hope things go away on their own.

As for going up and such, the question when it comes to tier lists isn't "how much should this character go up," but rather "who should this character go up past?" The bottom tier character of a game could have its own set of good options and such, but if the rest of the cast has broken options, then that one character would be comparatively bad, right? The same thing applies here - you can't say a character should go up more without talking about who he should go up above.
i lold at the first part :D
covered the second option in this post :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, the Midwest has practically zero ZSS representation. You pretty much only see Snakeee and Dazwa, both in Atlantic North, placing these days, but they both bring up pretty consistent results.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
i dont know if id go as far as to say hes better than lucario and should be the top of B tier but with the way hes being played i think hes above Zero Suit for sure. three projectiles, zair, combos from zair, a decent item boost. seems to be much mroe going for him than a 1 frame jab and a dsmash combo. (thats my lack of ZSS experience talking there :D which could lead to why i think hes better) that and i live 40min from quivo and have seen him quite a bit but no ZSS has even compared from what ive seen
As Ankoku undoubtedly has already beaten me to saying, ZSS has no rep here in the midwest, and TL has pretty good rep here. ZSS is beastly and has much more going for her than Dsmash and a 1 frame jab. She even has a dash attack 'lock' on most characters (acts as a pseudo-chaingrab), combos really well, and has amazing aerial control. Most people seem to think she'll go up even higher in the next list if her tourney results stay the same or pick up.

I could see him going over Lucario, but only because Lucario doesn't have much rep right now. Azen is coming back, though...

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Yeah, the Midwest has practically zero ZSS representation. You pretty much only see Snakeee and Dazwa, both in Atlantic North, placing these days, but they both bring up pretty consistent results.
this is true, the midwest is deprived of a, choosing words wisely, well placing ZSS. but you know, with possibly the number two TL in the states, why wouldnt i have belief that he is better than ZSS?

As Ankoku undoubtedly has already beaten me to saying, ZSS has no rep here in the midwest, and TL has pretty good rep here.
I could see him going over Lucario, but only because Lucario doesn't have much rep right now. Azen is coming back, though...
lucario is poorly reped atm, for sure, and is much as i hate the concept of growing powerful the more i hit you (being an olimar main, i never have to touch you....) but id really like to see someone crash the scene and do extremely well with lucario. more so than id like to see TL become top tier :X

.Marik

is a social misfit
I insutled the people acting like *****. You are not acting like that, so that is not directed to you or anyone else in your case.

Good enough. Ankoku probably thought the comment was directed at me as well, but you two need to work things out.

Ankoku also has more... power and authority, if you get my drift. I suggest you two take it to PM's and attempt to work out a solution, this is the Tier List thread, not a soap opera. :laugh:

Anyways, I'm going to exit this conversation unless someone includes me in it again.

So... more YOSHI and SAMUS talk please! :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't plan on playing with power nor authority when it's not warranted. Nor do I feel it's worth "working things out" with someone whom I cannot foresee any reasonable end to in conversation.

Yoshi is way better than Samus. Actually, every time I think of Samus, I'm simultaneously worried of both overrating and underrating her.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Yoshi is way better than Samus. Actually, every time I think of Samus, I'm simultaneously worried of both overrating and underrating her.
yoshi is better than samus, i mean come on, Dr and Dt???? samus doesnt even have a super wavedash anymore, let alone a decent way to kill (decent used sparingly)

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't plan on playing with power nor authority when it's not warranted. Nor do I feel it's worth "working things out" with someone whom I cannot foresee any reasonable end to in conversation.
I see. Very well then, I understand.

Yoshi is slightly better than Samus. I used to think Samus was mediocre, and then I saw Xyro play. Man, his Samus gives me goosebumps it's so exciting to watch.

Yoshi > Samus.

And if this argument ever arises again (Which I'm sure it will), my services are always available ;]

Actually, it's being spectulated that it's 65:35 Samus's favour, I personally don't think it's that much of a hard-counter...

But it's coming from Bwett, who could very well be the best Yoshi in the entire nation. It's also heavily stage-dependant.

QUIVO

Smash Master
^^^ That's the funny thing about these threads.

I'd say a majority of the people arguing about tiers, haven't seen a good (insert character here) play.

That was directed to marik..

and yes, i do name search.. : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom