• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I hope you are aware that this will bring consequences.
And this is completely ignoring the time that you mentioned asking two people to post so you could post a set, right?

I hope you are aware of the fact that I made 3 people post on the page beforehand so I would be able to post the moveset I have ready, and additionally you went against the rules by doubleposting. <.<
Nevermind, three people. I also recall you getting onto BKupa for the same thing earlier in the contest.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I asked them PRIVATELY AND NOT IN THE THREAD.

Fine then.

I withdraw every of my entries. This time for real. I have no more lost here, seriously.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I asked them PRIVATELY AND NOT IN THE THREAD.

Fine then.

I withdraw every of my entries. This time for real. I have no more lost here, seriously.
:(

I never understood why fun threads like this could even begin to have altercations, unless I am too novice to really understand?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I have posted "real" comments on several sets, mind you.

But since I'm a "dying" participant here, I, and here I'm dead honest, do not read every moveset posted, neither comment it. This is probably my last real contest. I will enter one or at most two movesets in MYM6, will not be part of the leadership, will not review, will not comment, will not read anything. Not even comments on my upcoming movesets.

MYM is of not much more interest for me. I am a leader of it, though, and until this contest is over in one week of submissions and a few others of voting and presenting the results, you have to deal with that I am enforcing its rules, which is my job. If someone is too blind/dumb/whatever to read the Opening Post, then I will tell them.

You out of all people should know my stance on commenting.

If he gets no comments on it, then he can ask "Could someone read my set? I got no comments. Here's a link". Breaking the rules is NOT acceptable.

The end.
I don't understand how you became a leader yet don't read nor comment on movesets.

It seems your personality has changed drastically, for the worse, but your moveset making skills have changed drastically, for the better. I liked you better when you were a fun poster but didn't post movesets that are as good as they are now.

Also, I liked it better when MYM was about having fun rather than enforcing arbitrary rules and OMGYOUREPOSTEDMOVESET / OMGYOUAREMAKINGAPOSTTHATISN'TONTOPIC and nuking newcomers who don't know how anything about this contest and want to just come in here and post their movesets which they had fun making. Also, if it's not up to our "standards" as in not being a generic attack, then we either:

1. ) Don't comment on it.
2. ) Say it sucks. Mock it.
3. ) Needz moar detail.
4. ) Any combination of the above.

You know, just a little thorn in my foot that has been bothering me for a while.

/vent

Smady

Smash Master
Spade became a leader because he deserved it and seemed capable - there was also a massive gap left open by Mendez and Kibble leaving, as well as two more slots to fill with the introduction of the 'Sins,' altogether it's more reduced their influence and increased their efficiency.

Seriously Spade, you need to re-evaluate your position in this contest. You've lost all sincerity and your well-beloved personality in the wake of some rather weak reasons at the end of last MYM, seemingly never to recover. It's a real shame, as your humble musings and support of ordinary members got me as well as others into this whole thing. You used to be a massively important cog, but this has somehow deteroriated as you gained actual power, which makes the whole hand-over seem misguided.

We'll miss you, though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spade became a leader because he deserved it and seemed capable - there was also a massive gap left open by Mendez and Kibble leaving, as well as two more slots to fill with the introduction of the 'Sins,' altogether it's more reduced their influence and increased their efficiency.

Seriously Spade, you need to re-evaluate your position in this contest. You've lost all sincerity and your well-beloved personality in the wake of some rather weak reasons at the end of last MYM, seemingly never to recover. It's a real shame, as your humble musings and support of ordinary members got me as well as others into this whole thing. You used to be a massively important cog, but this has somehow deteroriated as you gained actual power, which makes the whole hand-over seem misguided.
This has nothing to do with me becoming a leader, this has mainly to do with me becoming less and less interested into MYM. I just have no more interest in it. When I started out as Sin in MYM5, I still had "the fire burning". But now it's out. I have nothing more lost in this contest.

We'll miss you, though.
lol, good joke

Smady

Smash Master
This has nothing to do with me becoming a leader, this has mainly to do with me becoming less and less interested into MYM. I just have no more interest in it. When I started out as Sin in MYM5, I still had "the fire burning". But now it's out. I have nothing more lost in this contest.

lol, good joke
I think it does, actually. You "losing the fire" is completely indirect to your rapid personality change, which was notable around the time you were given assurance of power in MYM5. I know this will sound like whinging, but you have changed - you once were humble, small-time, introspective and now you've lost all of those qualities. Perhaps it is something personal, I'm sorry if that's the case. :(

I wasn't joking, no matter how much of a **** you become, you still were a giant part of the contest in your tenure and will be remembered well, perhaps not right now, but in the future.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol, my personality never changed at all, seriously. I always was like this.

But yea. I get **** for doing my job (enforcing the contest rules), I strike with myself making reviews of movesets despite I don't really want to, try to make them in-depth, and all I get is just even more ****.

I'm done. Leadership positions suck balls. I never wore silk gloves, and out of all people you regulars should know that. My personality never changed at all. I always was blunt and to the point. And I already told everyone that I would never ever take on silk gloves just because my name would stand in the OP. Ever. All of you I told that I would continue being harsh and honest.

Farewell, Make Your Move. Let's see how you will do without Spadefox to keep the iron in the iron fist.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Well well well, another MYM argument.

I'm getting sick of these.

But anyway, I don't think you're getting **** for doing your job. You're getting **** for doing it obsessively. Use an infraction system in MYM6. Of course, you won't be there, but to those who will be. You'd notice that everyone you yelled at are newcomers. They didn't read the rules. That was wrong, but maybe they didn't think there were rules. Maybe you could've given them a warning of sorts, not go

YOU'RE A BAD PERSON REPOSTING A MOVESET 9001 VOTES TAKEN AWAY!!!

So it's your own fault. You took MYM to serially. Indeed, it's a contest, and contests must have rules, but it's also about fun. And you took away from that. Maybe they didn't care about wining, they just wanted to see what we thought of it. Ad then you get all nasty at them.

So yeah.

And also, you once said I'm a terrible moveset commenter.

Khold brought this to my attention: Most of the time, so are you.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
No one's commented on your set yet, Katapultar, so I'll be a gentleman and go ahead with it.

First of all, the fish seem like a good idea, but some of them really don't help much, in fact, some just hinder you. Also, those statistics don't match up.... 9/10 and 3/10 just overflow already, the rest are overkill. However, it's still a reasonable mechanic. Healing 22% from SuperSpicy Curry is... broken, to say the least. With items on high and Curry on, you'd be nearly invincible to weak fighters. The smashes, for me, have too many random mechanics, as do many other moves.

Neutral Special: Well, it is a mindgame, not horrible, but not great either.

Side: Uh, way too costly, seriously, I've started to hate "POWER BUT HUGE COST" moves for some time now. Others aren't too fond of them either. Also, a minute is usually about half the match, so it's actually only one use anyways. The cost is too great, do you realize the cost of that? The damage would rack up immensely, causing your lives to shorten greatly. 20 uninterrupted seconds is unbearable, you will never recover from that burn.

Up Special: Well, This, as well as many other moves that Suzu utilizes, seems to be all about field control. While this is a good thing, there is an issue. If this buts other players into fallspecial, it is very overpowered, but if not, it's pretty balanced. I quite like this idea, really. Good job here.

Down Special: OMFG MORE RANDOM EFFECTS!!!! Seriously, though, they're all fine except for the Puffer Fish one. Even more "POWER BUT COST" is not a good thing, seriously, get out of that habit. It seems overpowered, yet underpowered at the same time. It hurts you way too much, and ten seconds is.... an eternity in Smash.

Overall, this set has great potential, but you have a lot of organizational issues, and you need to think out your moves a lot more. Also, tone down some of the powers a little bit, they backfire too much. I think this could be a great set if you clean it up a little before the judging begins, because this is a great set, but as is, not many people will vote for it. If you heed my advice, however, I'll vote for it. You have much potential, like a diamond in the rough, but you need a little polish to truly shine.

Wow, I wrote a ****load more, but it went away O.o And so I re-wrote it.

Also, Spade, you used to be one of my favorite MYMers, but you seem to have gone downhill as of late. I don't know what it is, but I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, man. I also hope you regain the fire sometime, and come back one day as a new, better Spadefox.

brostulip

Smash Rookie
First of all I would like to say I want to post my Mario moveset based on my paint pictures. I hope you enjoy them. I used Microsoft Word so no mistakes. ;)

My brother and I [we are both teenagers] made this set because we like smash brothers but also like the character Mario more than anyone and I always beat him with Mario please enjoy this of moves setting give advice. :)

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7253/upspecial.png
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5210/downspecial.png
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6329/downspecial2.png

If some could help image these I would grateful I win your contest :D

Darkslash

Smash Master
First of all I would like to say I want to post my Mario moveset based on my paint pictures. I hope you enjoy them. I used Microsoft Word so no mistakes. ;)

My brother and I [we are both teenagers] made this set because we like smash brothers but also like the character Mario more than anyone and I always beat him with Mario please enjoy this of moves setting give advice. :)

OMG

Words cannot describe the epicness contained in this post. All of MYM should vote for this move set.

Any thing else is pure ****ing fanboyism.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

Obvious troll is obvious.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
You ********. You totally blew my ideas for a Mario set out of the water. I think I shall go crying home to my mommy right about now, as my dreams have been thoroughly crushed. Thank you, I hope you know that I was recently shot, and have been on life-support for the past three days, all while undergoing chemotherapy for my kidney cancer. All I wanted was to make a decent Mario set, and then to die peacefully. But you just tore my dreams apart, you merciless *******. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU RUINED MY ONLY DREAM! IMMA GO KILL MYSELF NOW, YOU HEARTLESS *******!

Khold, you pansy. I'm not editing my post because of Ocon. Sure he's a mod, but FIGHT THE POWER! You know what? Son of a *****.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
lol, my personality never changed at all, seriously. I always was like this.

But yea. I get **** for doing my job (enforcing the contest rules), I strike with myself making reviews of movesets despite I don't really want to, try to make them in-depth, and all I get is just even more ****.

I'm done. Leadership positions suck balls. I never wore silk gloves, and out of all people you regulars should know that. My personality never changed at all. I always was blunt and to the point. And I already told everyone that I would never ever take on silk gloves just because my name would stand in the OP. Ever. All of you I told that I would continue being harsh and honest.

Farewell, Make Your Move. Let's see how you will do without Spadefox to keep the iron in the iron fist.
I must say that you have done a good job in your time as a Sin and contributed a lot to the contest. I believe what Khold and the others mean to say is that you are not a **** for doing your job. Rather the reason is due to the harshness and bluntness with which you perform your duties. While I respect your blunt and to the point nature, it would be nice if you had occassionally acted as though you enjoyed what you were doing. If what you say is true though, that may not have been possible.

Farewell, Spadefox.

We still have Warlord to provide the iron fist.

Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out.
Lol... If only I knew more girls like you. :p

You ********. You totally blew my ideas for a Mario set out of the water. I think I shall go crying home to my mommy right about now, as my dreams have been thoroughly crushed. Thank you, I hope you know that I was recently shot, and have been on life-support for the past three days, all while undergoing chemotherapy for my kidney cancer. All I wanted was to make a decent Mario set, and then to die peacefully. But you just tore my dreams apart, you merciless *******. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU RUINED MY ONLY DREAM! IMMA GO KILL MYSELF NOW, YOU HEARTLESS *******!
This post is epic.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I'm just going to ignore this whole argument. Spade always says he's leaving; even if he IS leaving for real this time, I have to say I could see it coming. Just so you know, Spade...I appreciate you. I always thought we were relatively close, and you were pretty much the first member that I found common ground with - Castlevania :3

Anyways, fare thee well, Spade; you'll be leaving behind a hole that can never be filled...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You brought a lot to MYM, Spade. You'll be greatly missed, by me at least. Some say you were a hard***, but I found you to be quite an enjoyable individual once I got past your 'bluntness'. It's your choice, and I fully understand why you're leaving. Hope you had a good time when the 'fire' was burning.

*takes position as new Lust in MYM6, due to Tiggah/Beast Trio/Arthur*

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It appears Spade is getting more support than **** about doing his job.
This may sound strange coming from a person who hasn't contributed to the thread, but having visited here long before joining, I, too, will miss your movesets.
I'm assuming Acid Seaforce will still be up, though? Not that I can vote or anything... just curious.

Also, I might finish my Mr. Mime moveset before the contest ends, but right now it's too close to call. I only have overview, stats, and animations written down, but I'm getting ideas for him by the minute.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Any of the Sins: I have a move that I fear may have some balancing issues, but I didn't want to disclose it to the MYM public.

Could I PM one of you guys the move? Or perhaps there's another regular who'd like to evaluate it?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
@Any of the Sins: I have a move that I fear may have some balancing issues, but I didn't want to disclose it to the MYM public.

Could I PM one of you guys the move? Or perhaps there's another regular who'd like to evaluate it?
I can, but since I'm leaving tomorrow, I'd have to see the move ASAP. I also may not be the best one for the job, seeing the balance issues I have had in the past. :p

Also, if anyone missed it, I'm leaving tomorrow for four weeks. I'll miss the end/results of MYM5, and two to three weeks of MYM6. I'll look forward to seeing the new movesets and the MYM5 results too, so... yeah, I'll miss you all.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Marowak was a pretty cool Pokeset, froggy. I wouldn't quite call it one of your best, but it had some good ideas in there, and the organization was somehow fitting, even though it was a bit monotone.

My main problem with it was that it had some attacks that didn't feel very Marowak-y to me, like Berry Pluck and Fling. Even though he CAN learn them, they felt a bit arbitrary, like they could've been slapped onto just about any Pokemon moveset and would've worked equally well. Ditto with U-Turn.

In addition, the playstyle felt a touch disjointed, and it was somewhat tough to read.

I'm only being harsh because you're one of the better moveset makers, froggy, and I think you could've done a bit more with Marowak's bone-based playstyle. I don't want to make it sound ALL negative, though; I liked quite a few of his attacks, including all of his specials, which were uniformly cool. In addition, your playstyle section itself was nice and beefy, and with a bit more emphasis on overall feel, it would be fantastic.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Oh lordy, lots of drama...regardless, I'll have to give Miracle Whip...er...Miracle Matter a good read through later when I'm more awake.

Guess I'll put this out there while I'm here...I actually will -EVENTUALLY- finish my story mode, srsly. I will <_<

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
IMPORTANTANNOUNCEMENTTHATTOTALLYISN'TRIPPINGOFFKIBBLEBECAUSEITISSOMETHINGDIFFERENT TIME!​

All MYMers:​

Send me a list of and a link to ALL of your past, present, AND future movesets (you don't have to tell me a future set if it's supposed to remain secret) via PM. This is for two upcoming projects, one of which has never been done before. This will be extremely helpful, and the aforementioned neverbeendonebefore project will be printable and playable (hint hint).

Please and thank you.

WELL, QUITE (in memory of Spade)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Iiiiiiinterestiiiinnnngg...

I have a lot of sets in mind, but I know I won't finish some of them, so Mr. Mime is the only one I can send for sure.

Since you appear to have already known I was doing this, I question whether I should PM you or not.

Smady

Smash Master
All MYMers:[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Send me a list of and a link to ALL of your past, present, AND future movesets (you don't have to tell me a future set if it's supposed to remain secret) via PM. This is for two upcoming projects, one of which has never been done before. This will be extremely helpful, and the aforementioned neverbeendonebefore project will be printable and playable (hint hint).

Please and thank you.

I'll PM you, but in exchange, edit your post so it doesn't stretch the page - deal? :p

Raiden is going awesome. Finished his specials, now got most of his tilts, his airs and throws / grabs, as well as extras, but the specials are pretty beef just by themselves.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
All MYMers:[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE]

Please and thank you.
Curious. What's the betting nothing ever comes of this? Anyway, seems pretty lazy to make us send you lists when you could just go to the moveset list and skip those of moveset makers who aren't around any more.

All the same, I'll be sending it to you shortly... provided you comment on Miracle Matter. :mad:

Well, quite is mine. It always has been. It is right now. It will be again. Spade stole it from me. :mad:

Katapultar

Smash Lord
No one's commented on your set yet, Katapultar, so I'll be a gentleman and go ahead with it.

First of all, the fish seem like a good idea, but some of them really don't help much, in fact, some just hinder you. Also, those statistics don't match up.... 9/10 and 3/10 just overflow already, the rest are overkill. However, it's still a reasonable mechanic. Healing 22% from SuperSpicy Curry is... broken, to say the least. With items on high and Curry on, you'd be nearly invincible to weak fighters. The smashes, for me, have too many random mechanics, as do many other moves.

Neutral Special: Well, it is a mindgame, not horrible, but not great either.

Side: Uh, way too costly, seriously, I've started to hate "POWER BUT HUGE COST" moves for some time now. Others aren't too fond of them either. Also, a minute is usually about half the match, so it's actually only one use anyways. The cost is too great, do you realize the cost of that? The damage would rack up immensely, causing your lives to shorten greatly. 20 uninterrupted seconds is unbearable, you will never recover from that burn.

Up Special: Well, This, as well as many other moves that Suzu utilizes, seems to be all about field control. While this is a good thing, there is an issue. If this buts other players into fallspecial, it is very overpowered, but if not, it's pretty balanced. I quite like this idea, really. Good job here.

Down Special: OMFG MORE RANDOM EFFECTS!!!! Seriously, though, they're all fine except for the Puffer Fish one. Even more "POWER BUT COST" is not a good thing, seriously, get out of that habit. It seems overpowered, yet underpowered at the same time. It hurts you way too much, and ten seconds is.... an eternity in Smash.

Overall, this set has great potential, but you have a lot of organizational issues, and you need to think out your moves a lot more. Also, tone down some of the powers a little bit, they backfire too much. I think this could be a great set if you clean it up a little before the judging begins, because this is a great set, but as is, not many people will vote for it. If you heed my advice, however, I'll vote for it. You have much potential, like a diamond in the rough, but you need a little polish to truly shine.

Wow, I didn't know that you could redo a moveset before the actual judging, I thought that once it was on, that that was that. Thanks for the advice. I see what you mean by the unorganised things like that lag, damage percentage and effects were all scrambled up. I guess that I was not thinking about well, status. I shall clean it up, then.

Also about the moveset reposting. You probably hate me for it but remember that I am still learning. It would be unfair for me to have that been my ONLY chance. I very much want to keep going with MYM. It would be nice to give me a chance, we all make mistakes. I shall take the web link in mind for next time.

I am going to do the rebuilding on the original post on page 117, not the repost.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't know that you could redo a moveset before the actual judging, I thought that once it was on, that that was that. Thanks for the advice. I see what you mean by the unorganised things like that lag, damage percentage and effects were all scrambled up. I guess that I was not thinking about well, status. I shall clean it up, then.

Also about the moveset reposting. You probably hate me for it but remember that I am still learning. It would be unfair for me to have that been my ONLY chance. I very much want to keep going with MYM. It would be nice to give me a chance, we all make mistakes. I shall take the web link in mind for next time.

I am going to do the rebuilding on the original post on page 117, not the repost.
Welcome to MYM, Katapultar. I'm new here too (in fact, I'm even newer than you), so I'm with you, man :). I look forward to seeing more movesets from you.

Mr. Mime has a 96% chance of not being finished before MYM5's over.

It's true, I did the math.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Katapultar: Yeah, you can redo movesets. I don't think you can repost them after you do, so just to be safe, link it when you're done. Also, I don't hate you, I was new here too, not long ago, in fact, and I remember asking a LOT of stupid questions. But yea, re-organize it, and then link it, and it'll be a great set.

Smady

Smash Master
I've signed on for a joint set already for, presumably, MYM6, which is awesome. I've never done one before! In fact, I usually work with other seahorsies when I make my movesets, so working with those **** dirty apes will be a true learning experience.

Apparently Silver's about to post a moveset, too.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
MOFO! I AM NOT A **** DIRTY APE! Well, maybe a little. Anyways, yeah, it's pretty cool. My first joint too. It'll be epic, trust me. Also, no, it is not ripping of Steven, I truly did not know about him when I came up with the idea.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Hail Ilpalazzo!!!

The energetic ACROSS officer Excel joins the Brawl!!!

In this moveset, dark orange represents comments from Excel herself.

Music
Love (Loyalty) ~ Excel Saga Opening ~
Menchi - A Bolero of Sorrow ~ You Will Eat Me (Karaoke)
Excel’s Theme
Go Go Menchi!
It Became a Cool Song. Yeah.
Pedro
Hey! Ropponmatsu!
Theme of Ilpalazzo
Image color wa yappari [aka]!
I Replaced a Melody
Kazoku Kaigi
I Wonder if it was too Ordinary…
Menchi - A Bolero of Sorrow ~ You Will Eat Me (Excel Saga ending)

Episode One Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH3l-hTn13k

Background
Hello! My name is Excel, and I’m from an anime called Excel Saga! The literal translation of Excel Saga would be an excellent legend of a hero, or a conspicuous tale. It is set in F City, F Prefecture (Japan). In this city is an ideological secret organization called ACROSS, which is plotting to conquer the city. And on to the main characters! Lord Ilpalazzo! He is the super-commander of ACROSS, the ideological secret organization. Menchi, a dog I picked up. Pedro, an immigrant worker. Nabeshin, who looks to be appearing every time. Jobless ronin A, B, and C, strangers. Mystery old guy, appearing first in episode 5. Mystery woman, appearing first in episode 6. Mystery secretary, appearing first in episode 7. And I am the sole member of ACROSS. Last name Excel, first name also Excel. In other words, Excel. My alias is Hanako Dosukoi. Part-timer history: infinite. Abacus, Rank 3. Well, basically, Excel Saga is a story about the setbacks and glories of Lord Ilpalazzo and me as we work towards the conquest of the city!

Excel is the namesake character of Excel Saga. She is very gifted athletically and is able to fight quite well, but is far from a genius when it comes to problem solving. Excel will sometimes refer to herself in the third person. She often fails her missions for ACROSS, mainly due to bad luck and unfortunate events. She has also expressed her love for Lord Ilpalazzo on many occasions, although Ilpalazzo does not appear to share those feelings. In fact, her hopelessly energetic personality and her inability to keep quiet often leads to Ilpalazzo becoming annoyed with her. He usually punishes her by having her fall through a trap door into the sewers under ACROSS headquarters, which he does by pulling a cord that hangs by his chair. Despite what Excel said in her introduction, she doesn’t remain the only member of ACROSS for long. She is joined early in the series by Hyatt, who she refers to by the nickname “Hatchan”. MarthTrinity made a moveset for Hyatt earlier in the contest, so you may want to check that out for additional information on Excel Saga.

Statistics

Power: 4/10

Height: 6/10

Weight: 3.5/10

Hey! Just because my butt is a little big, doesn’t mean I’m heavy!

Walk speed: 5/10

Run speed: 7/10

Traction: 6/10

First jump: 6/10

Second jump: 5/10

Recovery: 2-10/10

I can recover from anything with the help of the Great Will of the Macrocosm! But it’s not like she’s always around or anything…

Drop speed: 4/10

Attack speed: 5/10

Priority: 6/10

Range: 7/10

Projectile: 5-10/10

Crouch: 6/10

Crawl: Yes
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Glide: No

Animations

Entrance
Excel literally falls to her spot and lands on her a**. She yells “Newton!” as she falls, probably referring to Sir Issac Newton. She rubs her behind as she gets up into her fighting stance.

Basic Stance
Excel hops up on her heels slightly, with her hands at her sides. She looks determined, but quite optimistic as well.

Idle Stance
Excel’s face changes to match an exaggerated animation style typical of comedy anime, with her nose disappearing and her eyes becoming horizontal slits. She reaches up and scratches the back of her head, laughing somewhat tentatively as she does so. Her face then returns to normal.

Dash
Excel’s dash is very fast, but pretty hilarious as well. She pumps her arms heavily as she runs energetically. Her face again becomes exaggerated, with her eyes becoming slits and her mouth open wide.

Sidestep Dodge
Excel’s entire body become exaggerated and cartoon-ish and she quickly spins around on her toes twice. She quickly returns to normal after dodging.

Roll Dodge
Excel just flat out appears to disappear instantaneously when she dodges. She reappears one stage builder block in the pressed direction, albeit leaning in that direction on one foot and being in the exaggerated cartoon-ish form from her sidestep dodge. She disappears again, and reappears another stage builder block in the pressed direction, in her regular fighting pose. This ends up being a rather average, but unique dodge.

Swimming
Excel swims rather quickly with a fast breaststroke. She wasn’t lying when she said swimming was her best event!

Dizzy
Excel sways back and forth, with her eyes being replaced by exaggerated swirly eyes for the time.

Special Mechanic: Menchi

Menchi is a female dog owned by Excel and Hyatt. Menchi is referred to as being an “emergency food source” by both girls; and due to their frequent lack of money, is constantly in danger of being eaten. Menchi is a rather smart dog, and it doesn’t take long for her to realize this, which leads to her making frequent attempts to escape from them in the series. This is reflected in Menchi’s appearances in this set.

There are several moves in this set that involve Menchi. After these moves are used, Menchi will be free! She’s about the same size as Squirtle (while running), and has the same jumping abilities as the turtle pokemon. She also has the same running and falling speeds as Pikachu. Menchi will run as far away from Excel as she can, but she will stop running and turn around when she reaches a ledge. If Menchi comes to a destructible wall (such as on Shadow Moses Island), she will pull a chisel out of nowhere (lolwut) and start hitting the wall once per second with it, dealing 2% damage each time while holding it in her mouth.

Since Excel loses access to her pummel, down aerial and forward smash (her best KO move) without Menchi, she should try and get Menchi back as quickly as possible. Excel has to track down Menchi and press A to pick her up like an item. It takes a little less than half a second for Excel to tuck Menchi back behind her into her “hammerspace”. However, Excel’s opponents can pick up Menchi too. They’ll most likely throw Menchi to her death, and it takes 15 seconds for Excel to automatically regain Menchi. So it’s basically a race to get to Menchi before Excel’s opponents do. It would be in an Excel player’s best interest to make sure that they’ll be able to pick up Menchi first before they use a move that uses her.

Specials

Neutral Special: ACROSS Biyou Fist
Come on! Pancake! … ACROSS, Biyou Fist. Your body will only last another 3 seconds. In 3 seconds… you will be a pretty girl character!

Excel rears her arm back with a clenched fist, as if she were preparing to unleash a Falcon Punch. She then punches forward with good range, yelling “Pancake!” as she does so. If she manages to hit someone, they’ll take 12% damage and be stunned for about a second. While they are stunned, Excel turns towards the screen with a surprisingly serious expression on her face and says “ACROSS, Biyou Fist” as Japanese writing suddenly appears on either side of her. Both Excel and her victim have super armor during this. When this is finished, the victim collapses, and both them and Excel are free to move. This move has high start lag (almost as much as a Falcon Punch) and low end lag.

However, after 3 seconds, the victim is suddenly engulfed in a cloud of white smoke. It disaperates after a second to reveal that they’ve been transformed into… this “Pretty Girl Character”. The victim will look exactly like this PGC (Pretty Girl Character), except with their head replacing the one in the picture. They are the same size as Pikachu (standing), and have the same running speed, weight, and jumping ability as the electric rodent. While in this form, their moveset is replaced with this miniature moveset:

Neutral A Combo: The PGC punches forward twice, with each punch dealing 2% damage and flinching knockback. The punches have terrible range and bad priority, with no start lag and low end lag.

Forward Tilt: He/she/it/potato stabs forward with the baton that it’s holding, dealing 6% damage and low knockback. This has good range and decent priority, as well as low start lag and low end lag.

Neutral Special: Zeta Baton
The PGC separates the baton it’s holding to a nunchuck-looking weapon, with one side having a short blade at the end. However, this will actually decrease his/her running speed to match that of Mario while it is out. Pressing B again makes the weapon return to its original form. Guess PGC means business…

The following attacks can only be used while the nunchuck is out:

Forward Smash: The PGC swings the bladed end of the nunchuck in front of itself, which deals 9% damage and medium-low knockback. It has good priority and range, as well as low start lag and medium end lag.

Down Special: The PGC starts spinning the nunchuck in front of itself, dealing 4% damage and low knockback to anyone who comes in contact with it. This also deflects most non-energy based projectiles. This has terrible range and decent priority, as well as medium start lag and low end lag.

The amount of time they spend in this form depends on their damage percentage. At 12% damage (the lowest they’ll be at), they only stay in this form for 2.5 seconds. The maximum amount of time they will spend in this form is 20 seconds, which occurs at 108% damage. Also, hitting an opponent that’s already been transformed with this move resets the time the stay in this form. On another strange note, the transformed character will often yell “Puni!” when they attack using the nunchuck.

Forward Special: Don’t Point it at People!
Fight! Something or another! I am in a situation where the crisis is so dangerous that I don’t have time to be saying things like that! I have no choice but to use… this! But… I need more time!

This is basically a move that charges in the same way as R.O.B.’s laser, but it has 5 different levels based on how long Excel has gone without using it. Each level results in Excel using a different projectile with unique properties when forward B is hit. The first level has Excel throwing a baseball and the final level (which requires Excel to go 1 minute and 20 seconds without using this move) has her using a very powerful laser gun. Excel will start flashing white when she reaches the final level of charge. Here are the five projectiles Excel can use:

Baseball
As shown in episode 11 of Excel Saga, Excel is a skilled pitcher. She winds up and delivers a fastball that travels forward 3/4ths of Final Destination. This is among the fastest projectiles in Brawl, being as fast as one of Fox’s lasers. It deals 5-6% damage and low knockback, and has good priority. This move is effectively crippled by its lag; it has high start lag (due to Excel having to wind up) and medium end lag.

Plunger
After 25 seconds, Excel will throw a plunger when this move is used. It travels about the same speed as one of King Dedede’s waddle dees, and travels 2/3rds of a main battlefield platform forward before losing its trajectory and falling to the ground harmlessly. Opponents hit by the plunger take 3% damage and fall to the ground, with the plunger stuck on their heads. Once they get up, they have to hit A rapidly in order to get the plunger off. Until they do, their directional controls are reversed. The main drawback of this move is the plunger’s bad priority. Pretty much any projectile or attack will be able to deflect the plunger. This move has medium start lag and low end lag.

Bowling Ball
After 40 seconds, Excel pulls out a red bowling ball and starts swinging it in a circle with one arm, in an exaggerated cartoon-ish manner. After a short time, she releases the ball, which flies straight forward. It travels at the same speed as a thrown item (not smashed) and travels across 3/4ths of a main battlefield platform. It deals 10% damage and medium-low knockback, and has good priority. It has medium start lag and low end lag.

Menchi
After a minute, Excel pulls out Menchi (if she’s available) and throws him forward, reaching across half of Final Destination. Menchi has good priority, and deals 9% damage upon hitting a foe. Menchi will grab onto their face when she hits them and scratches wildly, dealing 2% damage and flinching knockback every half second. The foe has to button mash in order to get her off. Once they knock Menchi off, she’ll be free to run around. If Menchi isn’t available to Excel at the moment, she’ll use the bowling ball instead.

Model 1
After a minute and 20 seconds, the final level of charge, Excel will pull out a rather silly looking hand gun that looks more like a toy than anything else. When she pulls the trigger, a huge white-ish blue laser that’s about the same height and width as one of Samus’ fully charged charge shots. It travels as fast as Link’s boomarang and reaches across 3/4ths of Final Destination. Once it reaches that point, the laser hits the ground, causing an explosion about twice the size as an Electrode explosion. The laser itself deals 25% damage in multiple hits and low knockback, while the explosion deals 22% damage and medium knockback. The whole attack has great priority, as well as low start lag and low end lag.

Up Special: Great Will Reset
This is bad… This is real bad! Even the drum is going drararara! Do something about it, Great Will of the Macrocosm! … Not now! Where is she!?

Excel can only use this attack while on solid ground that won’t disappear. She will suddenly yell out: “Do something, Great Will of the Marcrocosm!” in Japanese, which takes about 2.5 seconds to do. Excel will be free to fight after that. 5 seconds later, the Great Will of the Marcocosm appears in the background at the spot that Excel yelled for her. If this move is performed on a scrolling stage, the Great Will stays in that spot even when the camera scrolls away. When up B is hit again, Excel yells out “Miss Will!”, which takes half a second. The entire screen will suddenly flash to a picture of outer space (just stars and blue/darkness), and a distinctive sound plays. Also, a female voice can occasionally be heard saying either “My, my” in Japanese. After a few seconds, the picture goes back to the stage. The stage will look EXACTLY as it did when Excel first finished calling the Great Will; Excel and all other characters will be in the same spots they were in at that moment (although they won’t be in the middle of an attack), every trap that was on the field will reappear, and scrolling stages will go back to the same point they were at.

The Great Will of the Marcosom just performed the main purpose it has in Excel Saga, to “reset” the timeline. The battle essentially went back in time, except for the fact that all the character’s damage percents and stock counts stay the same. Also, any character who was airborne at the time will automatically be put back on solid ground after the reset occurs. On stages such as Mario Circuit and Port Town, cars won’t come immediately following a reset, even if they were there when the Great Will was first called. On a more random note, the Great Will can be seen quickly floating through the background of the stage immediately following a reset. You can see a reset done in the actual series at 5:07 in the clip of episode one posted at the beginning of this set.

Obviously this move’s main purpose is recovery, but it can be used to recover more than you might think. If Excel dies while after having called the Great Will to the stage, the Will will vanish once Excel leaves the revival platform. However, if you hit up B while on the revival platform, Excel yells out and a reset occurs. This time, however, EXCEL HAS AN ADDITIONAL STOCK! This only occurs in stock matches, obviously. Excel will have the same damage percent she had when she died. But unfortunately, this can only be done once per match. If Excel tries to do a reset in this manner again, the Great Will will simply say “sorry!” in Japanese and disappear.

Down Special: So this is what it’s like to Fall…
I’m falling! Oh, but it’s so deep! And dark! And scary! Even as I am haunted by my sense of guilt, I cannot suppress the sense of terror that wells up in my heart! Or rather, isn’t this a little too deep?! Was this hole dug by…

A trap door about the width of Wario opens up directly under Excel, and she immediately falls into it, screaming “I’m falling!” in Japanese as she does so. This trap door will basically allow Excel to completely fall through a platform, even if you normally couldn’t do so. However, Excel will be unable to jump or use any attacks until she completely passes through the platform. Also, the edges of the trapdoor are impossible to grab onto. So if you use this from the middle of Final Destination, you’re probably gonna die (unless you have the Great Will prepared to reset). This doesn’t work on platforms that disappear, or on destructible platforms like the ones that make up Skyworld. The trapdoor stays in the same position for 20 seconds, at which point it closes and completely disappears. Excel can’t use this move again until the previous trapdoor closes. This move has high start lag, as Excel comically floats above the trapdoor after it opens for a brief period before she falls into it.

Basic Attacks

Neutral A Combo: The Beginning is Funny!
Yay! Lord Ilpalazzo, hurray! Il-Il-pala-pala-zzo-zzo-zzo! Lord Ilpalazzo! Dynamite love! Hail Lord Ilpalazzo!!!

So… Excel’s description of this move is rather useless. Excel can’t seem to contain her affection for Lord Ilpalazzo at this point. She quickly attacks with an uppercut that has low range, but decent priority. It deals 4% damage and very brief hitstun. Almost immediately after the first attack, Excel takes a strange pose by stepping outwards with one leg and putting her arms slightly in front of her. All four of her limbs suddenly become like jelly; that is, they start visibly wobbling as though they were an extended slinky which was waved around. This part of the attack has terrible priority and range, but it can hit up to three times, doing 2% damage per hit in addition to low hitstun.

After about .4 seconds, Excel will begin spinning like a ballerina rather quickly, with her leg sticking out. She is surrounded by a small white tornado while she spins, similar to mach tornado, but not nearly as extreme. This part of the move has low range and bad priority, and can hit multiple times for 1% damage per hit. The first hit deals low knockback, and each subsequent hit deals low hitstun, although it is fairly easy to DI out of. Excel will continue spinning as long as A is held. Excel will say “Yay! Lord Ilpalazzo, hurray! Il-Il-pala-pala-zzo-zzo-zzo!” in Japanese as she uses this attack, and will continue to say “zzo!” as long as she continues spinning. It takes about .7 seconds to fully perform this combo. It has almost no start lag and low end lag.

Dash Attack: She must be in Love…
ACROSS will conquer the city! ACROSS will conquer the city! This is a terribly big event! Steal, punch, shout, shut up! Excel, Excel, Excel! Run!

Excel puts her hand in front of her as she begins to run even faster, nearly as fast as Sonic. Her legs are moving so fast that they become blurs. Anyone who comes in contact with her legs takes 8% damage and medium-low knockback. Her legs have decent priority, despite having bad range. This attack lasts for about .6 seconds, after which Excel will skid to a stop. She’ll behave almost as if she were on ice, practically skidding all the way to the end of the platform she’s on. She’ll also be twice as likely to trip. This move has almost no start lag, but medium to high end lag, depending on whether or not she trips.

Forward Tilt: For ACROSS!
I have to work hard now! Necessity knows no law. Necessity…! Oh, no. My hunger’s gone to my legs after all. No! Bear it! Bear it! Once I win this fight I can have a meal legally for the first time in four days!

Being a member of ACROSS has its benefits, but it doesn’t exactly pay well. This often leaves Excel and Hyatt without money for food, and the lack of food can sometimes have a sudden impact on Excel in particular. Excel’s eyes suddenly dilate, becoming mostly white, and her mouth hangs open. Brown squiggly lines come from her stomach, illustrating her massive hunger, along with loud growls. Excel then falls over and lands on her stomach. If you look closely you will see that her entire body, except for her head, has literally been flattened in a cartoon-ish manner. Any opponent hit by Excel’s body as she falls forward takes 10-11% damage and medium-low knockback. This move has decent range and good priority, as well as low start lag and medium end lag (she has to get up).

This move also has an additional effect if Menchi is currently running around. When she gets up, she is more hungry, and thus more desperate to re-obtain her emergency food supply. Her running speed becomes equal to Captain Falcon’s for about 2.5 seconds. She will be visibly salivating during this time as well.

Up Tilt: Make sure it stays on!
Wh-what’s that? Could it be an upgraded version? Could it? Could it? But I feel like there are pasts that I don’t want to remember, and come to think of it, the room is spinning in a weird way! Why is this…

Excel’s face becomes exaggerated again, and begins to… spin counter clockwise? Yep, her head spins around, taking half a second to complete a full circle. Obviously, this attack has horrible range (the only hitbox is Excel’s head), and it also has bad priority. It deals 5% damage and a decent amount of hitstun to opponents. If A is held, Excel’s head will rotate continuously. This can easily juggle opponents for multiple hits if they don’t DI out of the move. This move has almost no start lag and low end lag.

Down Tilt: Hungry Tears
Ah Man, I hate this! I don’t want to waste the rest of my life coming up with names of foods that I can’t eat! I’m sick of eating all these bread crusts! Where are you Menchi!? Times like this are exactly what you’re here for!!

Yep, another attack brought on by a lack of food. Excel’s eyes again turn into slits in an exaggerated manner, and she suddenly falls over onto her knees with her face on the ground (she’s facing the screen). Suddenly, two huge floods of tears shoot out from each side of Excel’s face. They look and act similar to the Fludd or Squirtle’s water gun; the tears don’t deal damage, they simply push foes away. The tears travel 2 and a half stage builder blocks away from Excel in a ballistic arch. This move has medium start lag and medium end lag. Excel will also yell “Ah Man, I hate this!” in Japanese when she uses this move.

This seems broken, right? Not really. The next time she uses this move, Excel’s tears will only travel 2 stage builder blocks away from her. The 3rd time, it will only travel one and a half, and the range continues to decrease like this. Excel will be able to use this move to its full potential again after she loses a stock. Regardless, this move has low start lag and medium end lag, and lasts about half a second.

Forward Smash: Menchi’s Great Adventure
You’re my final resort, Menchi. You’re like the gun in that whatchamacallit military unit. Hey, you’re energetic again! Now I’ll make a side dish… no, a full meal out of y- Wait! Come back Menchi!

From out of nowhere, Menchi jumps forward from behind Excel with a cute yelp. She’ll travel one and a half stage builder blocks in front of Excel before hitting the ground, at which point she’ll immediately start running away. Menchi deals 14% damage (22% charged) and medium-high knockback, making it Excel’s best KO move by far. Menchi has great priority, and the attack itself has low start lag and medium end lag.

Up Smash: Part-Timer
My turn? Okay! Go! You, taxi, stop! Stop! Go! Go! And stop, stop! …I wonder if I’ll last for eight hours like this…?

Taking a cue from one of her old part-time jobs, Excel takes out a glow stick that’s about the size of Toon Link’s sword and starts rapidly swinging it over her head. This move has good range and decent priority. It hits multiple times, dealing a total of 13% damage (22% fully charged) and low upwards knockback. If this move is fully charged, Excel ends the move by holding the glow stick horizontally and thrusting it above her head. This makes the move deal medium upwards knockback instead of low knockback, making it one of Excel’s few moves with significant KO potential. Excel yells “My turn? Okay! Go! You, taxi, stop! Stop! Go! Go! And stop, stop!” in Japanese while using this move, and she will yell “Go and stop! Oh yeah!” when she thrusts the glow stick upwards. This move has low start lag and low end lag.

Down Smash: Wait! That’s the One Thing you’re not supposed to do!
Hey! I don’t think we should be throwing cans and random things around the classroo- !! I guess this is the only way then…!

Excel suddenly gets a fairly sadistic (and actually serious) look in her eyes, with half of her face becoming shadowy and her eye flashing red, as pulls out a small green chalkboard with one hand. She puts her other hand near it, which suddenly has a Wolverine-esque claw weapon on it, and scrapes it against the board for .6 seconds. Obviously, this doesn’t make a very pretty sound. Any opponent within one and a half stage builder blocks of Excel (in any direction) immediately stops what they’re doing and holds their ears as she does this. They remain stunned like this for at least half a second after Excel stops scraping her claw on the chalkboard. This attack looks the same no matter how long it is charged, but the amount of charge affects how long opponents are stunned after Excel finishes the move. The maximum time they can be stunned for is 1.25 seconds.

However, if an opponent who is within the range of this move is using an aerial when Excel starts scraping her claw on the board, they will not be affected until they finish using that particular aerial. This move does no damage, and has low start lag and medium end lag.

Aerials​

Neutral Aerial: A Relaxing Swim
I tried leaping before I thought about it, but I can’t reach after all! No, swim, Excel, swim! Butterfly! Butterfly! Butterfly! Butterfly! Butterfly!

Excel’s a pretty good swimmer, good enough to… swim in the air?! This is pretty much what she does here. She does the butterfly, moving both her arms and legs in time as if she were pushing her way through the water. Both her arms and legs are hitboxes with bad priority, dealing 3% damage and low knockback to opponents. Excel moves forward a bit and slightly upwards when she does this as well. This move has almost no start lag or end lag, and therefore can be spammed in order to recover. However, the distance she recovers with each use of the move decreases the more times she uses it. She can move half a stage builder block forward with the first two uses, but by the seventh use, she’ll barely be moving at all.

Forward Aerial: Legend of the End of Century Conqueror
How wretched. Is being strong all that matters?! Is having power all that matters?! … This is why purging and a great government is necessary! Now is the time! In order to realize the great ideal, I, Excel, will scatter dreams, laughter, and a reign of terror on this loveless Earth! And for that, you are the first step!

Another completely useless move description from Excel. Excel suddenly produces a nozzle attachment for a vacuum (lolwut) and throws it in front of her. The attachment spins horizontally, traveling 5 stage builder blocks in front of Excel with decent priority before it stops and falls harmlessly to the ground. Opponents who are hit by the attachment take 9% damage and low knockback. Excel can’t use this move more than once while she’s in the air. It has medium start lag and low end lag.

Back Aerial: Liquidate!
Kill! Kill! Ki…! Wait… please don’t worry. I only came to liquidate you, so… That’s right. By the order of Lord Ilpalazzo, I will… I will… I’m sorry!

Excel pulls a large Chinese sword about as long as Link’s sword out of nowhere (she’s got to have some kind of hammerspace). She suddenly gets a fairly sadistic (and actually serious) look in her eyes as she does so, with half of her face becoming shadowy and her eye flashing red. She quickly turns around in the air and slashes the air vertically. This deals 12% damage and medium-low downwards knockback. This move has good priority and range, as well as medium start lag and low end lag. Excel yells “Liquidate!” in Japanese as she attacks, and after she hits someone she’ll yell “I’m sorry!” as well.

Up Aerial: The Cold is Winter!
I’ve got so much enthusiasm, but nothing else! Think Excel, think! This steam isn’t helping! Ilpalazzo-sama, Excel will not lose hope!

Excel closes her eyes and tilts her head down slightly. Suddenly, a burst of steam shoots out of her head! This steam reaches 3/4ths of a stage builder above Excel, and has good priority. It deals 11% damage and medium-low knockback to opponents. It has low start lag and low end lag. Excel will also occasionally yell “I’ve got so much enthusiasm, but nothing else!” when she uses this move.

Down Aerial: Elegy to the Dogs
I’ll just blow this dog whistle and… wait a minute! Calling one dog isn’t going to help me in this situation! Go Menchi, Go!

Excel can only use this move if Menchi is available. Excel takes Menchi out of “hammerspace” and throws her straight downwards. Menchi falls at the same rate as Pikachu, and deals 11% damage and medium-low knockback. Menchi lets out a loud yelp as she falls, and she starts running around once she hits the ground. This move has good priority, as well as low start lag and medium end lag.

Grab & Throws

Grab
Excel suddenly jumps forward a very short distance. If Excel misses, she crashes to the ground and quickly jumps up to her feet. This grab has slightly above average range, as well as low start lag and medium end lag.

Pummel: It should a be comical Menchi!
Menchi jumps out from behind Excel, similar to Excel’s forward smash, and grabs onto the victim’s head. Menchi then furiously scratches them, doing 4% damage per second. However, once a throw is used or the victim escapes from the grab, Menchi will drop off of them and start running around.

Forward Throw: Rule Number 3
Rule Number 3 of animation: Even defeating bad guys is full of humor! Huh!? You aren’t a bad guy? But I can’t take it back now…!

Both Excel and the victim suddenly become like cartoons, with Excel resembling Mickey Mouse. Excel pulls a huge hammer out of nowhere and hits the victim on the head with it. The victim starts to get cracks in their body in a cartoon-ish manner, and breaks into a ton of little pieces. The victim suddenly flies from that spot, being back to normal, taking 11% damage medium-low knockback. As Excel does this she says: “Rule Number 3! Even defeating bad guys is full of humor!”

Back Throw: I’ll make Some Kind of Progress!
Here we go! … My, my, my. You made people excessively expectant of you. I don’t think a punch line like this is very fair! Well, let’s try another one! Guarandoo!

Excel quickly flips her opponent behind her, and aims a laser gun-looking device at them (which she’s suddenly wearing on her hand). However, only a small cloud of purple gas comes out of the gun, which hits the foe multiple times to deal a measly 5% damage. This has low end lag, just giving Excel enough time to escape from her opponent when they recover.

However, the second time this throw is used on them, the gun fires a huge purple laser which deals 12% damage and medium knockback. This also has low end lag. Whenever Excel loses a stock, she’ll have to use the first version of this throw before she can use the second.

Up Throw: Excel Kick / ACROSS Super-Kassatsu Senpuu Baton Counter
ACROSS, Super-Kassatsu Senpuu Baton Counter! … I have struck the shape-changing pressure point! In 3 seconds, your appearance will…

Excel lets go of her foe and kicks them straight up into the air, dealing 8% damage and medium-low upwards knockback. Excel also yells “Excel Kick!” as she does so.

However, this attack will have an additional effect if Excel’s grabbed foe is currently turned into a pretty girl character by her Neutral Special. The foe will take a set amount of medium upwards knockback from the attack, while Excel turns towards the screen with a serious look on her face and says “ACROSS, Super-Kassatsu Senpuu Baton Counter!” Excel has super armor during this. Sure enough, just like Excel’s neutral special, the victim is engulfed in a white cloud of smoke 3 seconds later. When it disperses, they are now wearing a pink teddy bear costume. They are the same size as the pretty girl character, but they now have the same weight as Ness, the terrible jumping abilities of Ivysaur and the same running speed as Jigglypuff.

While the pretty girl character actually had some fighting potential, the teddy bear form does not. The only attack that the teddy bear has is a neutral A combo, which, apart from now dealing low knockback, is exactly the same as the one the pretty girl character has. The amount of time the victim spends in this form is determined by their damage percent in the same manner as the neutral special(see the description for more information).

Down Throw: Excel’s Striptease
If you ask me to strip, I will gladly do so, Ilapalazzo-sama! Wait, you’re not Ilpalazzo-sama! Wh-why are you looking at me like that?

Excel lets go of her opponent, and then she strips for them. What? No! Not that kind of stripping, this kind! That’s right, she literally strips her skin off; albeit in an exaggerated cartoon-ish manner. Obviously, this kind of freaks out Excel’s victim. They’ll get a shocked expression on their face, and they’ll be unable to move for half a second. This gives Excel just enough time to get in another attack. This throw has low start lag and low end lag. This resets once Excel’s opponent loses 2 stocks (this is separate for each of Excel’s opponents).

Final Smash​

We will not be held Responsible
This thing’s attracting way too much attention after all. … Oh! I just had a flash of inspiration! Now, it’ll all be fine! It’s a cute panda no matter how you look at it! …oh no. It’s actually getting worse. Let’s take a new approach! We’ll speed things up and swiftly get to our destination!

Excel grabbed the smash ball! When she activates it, a large panda (!) robot that’s about 6 stage builder blocks tall and 4 blocks wide drops down from the sky to Excel’s location. Excel moves into the background before it hits her, and she remains there for the full duration of the Final Smash. As for the robot, it would be more accurate to call it a robot disguised as a panda, as it has unnaturally long arms with large claws at the ends, a tank-like tread system for movement clearly visible from the front, and a creepy smile on its face. It can be moved left and right with the joystick at the speed of Bowser’s run, and has one jump that’s as good as Sheik’s. Pressing A makes it swipe horizontally with one of its claws, having low start lag. This attack has great range (obviously) and good priority, and deals 14% damage and medium knockback. If A is held when it’s pressed, the robot will actually grab them in its claw, dealing 16% damage. The victim has to button mash to escape from its grasp, which is twice as hard to escape from than a normal grab.

If B is pressed, the robot stops in its tracks and uses its special weapon. A hole opens up in its chest, and a large machine gun pops out of it. It immediately starts firing, with its effects being very similar to those of Sheik’s needles. It deals about 12% damage for each second a foe is stuck in the line of fire. It can also be aimed with the joystick. The machine gun only has 3 seconds worth of ammo, and it will automatically go back in and become unusable after its been used. You can press B to make it go back prematurely, but the amount of time it was out will still count towards those 3 seconds. If its panda disguise has been destroyed (I’ll explain how that happens later), a mechanical hand holding a hammer will come out when B is pushed. It pounds the ground 3 stage builder blocks in front of it, causing a brief shockwave on the ground near it. Opponents who get hit by the hammer take 25% damage and medium-high knockback, and those hit by the shockwave take 12% damage and low upwards knockback.

This Final Smash lasts for 15 seconds. After 12 seconds, the robot will start beeping, with the sound getting progressively faster. At the 15 second mark, the robot explodes, covering a full battlefield platform of horizontal length and reaching one stage builder block above the robot’s head. This deals 35% damage and high knockback to anyone who gets caught in it. The Final Smash can also be ended prematurely. The robot actually has 90 HP, and taking away half of that makes its panda disguise fly off in pieces, revealing a retro-looking robot like you would see in old sci-fi movies. Dealing 90% damage makes it immediately start beeping quickly, and explode one second later.

Playing as Excel: Controlling the Chaos
At first glance, Excel seems like a very good character. She can build damage pretty effectively with most of her tilts and smashes, many of her aerials, and her forward throw. She can even use her down smash and down throw to stun the opponent and get a free hit in. She can also control the stage pretty well with her down special, as well as her forward special and forward aerial. She has good range with a lot of her moves as well. When it comes to KOing, Excel has a few options. The most obvious one is her forward smash, although she has to have Menchi in order to use it. She can also use her back throw to KO, if she’s already used it once on them, or the fully charged version of her forward special. She can also use her neutral special and/or up throw to transform her opponent into more readily KO-able form. However, Excel’s best option might be to try and go for the gimp, using her down tilt, down aerial or back aerial. Excel has the perfect recovery in the form of her up special, which is 100% unstoppable if she manages to set it up. Excel is also quite fast, and can use aerials well due to her floatiness. Excel seems to just be too good.

However, upon close inspection, Excel does have her weaknesses. Her only reliable KO move, her forward smash, requires her to have Menchi available. If she misses with her attack, Excel’s opponent could possibly catch Menchi before her, and throw her off the stage to her death. Also, Excel has problems when it comes to recovery. Her up special is a perfect recovery… if she has time to set it up. If Excel’s opponent doesn’t give her time to do that, her only recovery option is her neutral aerial, which is extremely easy to gimp. A lot of Excel’s attacks also involve additional factors that may be out of their control at the moment. Aside from the aforementioned Menchi mechanic, her back throw only functions as a KO move after she uses it once, and her up throw changes completely if Excel’s opponent has been transformed. Her down tilt is only useful the first few times she uses it as well. Also, the projectile attack that Excel uses with her forward special changes depending on the charge level, which is almost impossible to determine at times. Excel is also very light, and her gimping abilities are hindered by her poor recovery if she isn’t able to set up her up special.

So with all things considered, Excel is a character whose game revolves around controlling the stage and racking up damage, and then setting her opponent up to be KOed by her forward smash or back throw, or by gimping. She is held back by her low weight, her reliance on Menchi for her best KO move and her often-bad recovery. One plus for Excel, however, is that her random attacks and surprising range can sometimes catch opponents off-guard.

Taunts & Victory Animations

Up Taunt: Hail Ilpalazzo!
Excel raises her hand into a salute and cries out, “Hail Ilpalazzo!!” (This taunt was ripped off, with permission, from MarthTrinity’s Hyatt set)

Side Taunt: The Passions of Youth
Excel’s entire body becomes exaggerated and cartoon-ish, like in her sidestep dodge. She begins jumping in and out of the background of the stage, making random poses for a few seconds. Actually, Excel appears to be looking for something, as she says “Where did he get to?! I looked away for just a little while!” However, she says this so quickly that you can barely understand what she’s saying.

Down Taunt: The Image Color is certainly ‘Red’!
Excel turns towards the screen and, with her eyes closed, gives a thumbs-up. She laughs tentatively as she does so. A strange red symbol is visible on her thumb, which signifies her membership in ACROSS. Occasionally, Excel will accidentally flip the bird to the screen instead. In this case, Excel will open her eyes, realize her error in shock, and shake her hand for a second to give the usual thumbs-up. This taunt takes only 2 seconds to perform, but takes 2.5 if she accidentally flips the bird.

Victory Pose One: For you, I will Fall
Excel is facing away from the screen, with her hand raised in a salute. Lord Ilpalazzo is sitting in the background, facing the screen. Excel says “Hail, Ilpalazzo!” before putting her hand down. Lord Ilpalazzo then says “You’ve done well Excel. But… it appears that ACROSS’s plan of conquest has been perceived by the present authorities due to your participation in this fight.”

Excel immediately gets down on her hands and knees and repeatedly bows apologetically to Ilpalazzo and says “Please forgive me, Lord Ilpalazzo! I, Excel, was lacking in prudence! I would like to fall into a hole now!” Ilpalazzo simply says “Then fall”, as a purple cord descends from the sky on Ilpalazzo’s left side. He then pulls the cord, which causes a trapdoor to suddenly open up under Excel. As Excel falls, and a slightly sad violin piece starts playing, she keeps talking very quickly: “It’s so deep! And dark! And scary! Even as I am haunted by my sense of guilt, I cannot suppress the sense of terror that wells up in my heart! Or rather, isn’t this a little too deep?! Was this hole…”

Two: Love and Peace!
Excel is facing away from the screen, with a large crescent moon hanging behind her. She has two grey-ish locks of hair being held on her head by large green barrets, which hang down in a way that makes her resemble Sailor Moon (coincidentaly, both Sailor Moon and Excel have the same voice actors). She says with her back still turned: “Japanimation has its own good points and so does America! That’s what’s so wonderful about animation!” She then suddenly looks towards the screen, saying “However! I will not forgive those who do not see that…” Excel then turns completely around and points at the screen, saying “and only care about personal gain.”

She then pulls in two of her fingers on each hand, and takes a pose that only further cements this as a Sailor Moon parody. As Excel moves her arms around in a dramatic fashion, she says “For guys like you, in the name of the moon, I shall spank you!” As Excel says the last part, she points at the screen with one hand. You can see Excel doing this parody in the actual series here, although the subs for Excel’s speech aren’t exactly the same.

Three: Dance, Dance, Dance
Hyatt is seen doing the dance shown in the opening of Excel Saga (it’s under “Music” up at the top). She’ll do this continuously, periodically changing sides as she dances. (this victory pose was ripped off, with permission, from Marthtrinity’s Hyatt set)

Special Victory Pose: The Woman from Mars
Both Excel and Hyatt salute Lord Ilpalazzo, who again, is sitting in the background. Both of the girls say “Hail Ilpalazzo!” Immediately afterwards, Hyatt’s face turns blue and she passes out, and blood starts coming out from under her. Excel is shocked for a second, and then squats down next to Hyatt. She says “Not again, Hatchan! If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you’re going to get dissected for real one of these days!”

Loss Pose: In order to express my Regret
Excel is standing with the other losers, but she’s… tiny. It’s impossible to see whether or not she is clapping because of her size, but you can hear her talking very fast in a high-pitched voice (in Japanese of course): “I’m sorry Lord Ilpalazzo, but I utterly failed the important mission you assigned me. I have scaled down my existence to 1/144 to express my regret! Yes, I know, I do not think you will forgive me just for that…”

Victory Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50l-9RNBo8 (from 1:18 to 1:32)

Other Stuff

Series Symbol

Wiimote Sound
Excel is heard saying “Hail Ilpalazzo!”

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Excel’s orange hair, as well as access to ACROSS Biyou Fist.

Snake Codec
Snake: What the hell’s with this girl? She’s pulling equipment out of nowhere… if you could can it equipment…
Otacon: !!! It can’t be… It is!!!
Snake: What is?! What are you talking about?
Otacon: That’s Excel from Excel Saga!! She’s a member of an organization called ACROSS.
Snake: ACROSS?
Otacon: They’re an organization that strives to control the world. Excel may not look like much, but she’ll stop at nothing to complete her mission, as long as her commander demands it.
Snake: Wow… she actually sounds kind of dangerous now. I’ll be careful.
Otacon: Just one more thing… could you… possibly get her autograph for me?
Snake: You’ve gotta be kidding…

Credits Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lopFgqp2Sio

Extras

Assist Trophy

Nabeshin

Nabeshin is one of the major characters in Excel Saga, appearing in pretty much every episode. He is basically a self-insert of Excel Saga’s director, Shinichi Watanabe. However, Nabeshin is used to stand in for both Watanabe himself (in certain segments) and an actual character in the storyline.

When Nabeshin is summoned, he immediately reaches up into his afro and pulls out two automatic guns (talk about dandruff!), and starts firing away with them. He shoots straight in front of him, with his hail of gunfire dealing 12% damage per second to anyone caught in it, as well as hitstun. His gunfire also slightly pushes characters back, and could possible take them to their death off-screen if they’re not careful. Nabeshin shoots for 10 seconds, until his ammo runs out. Nabeshin then puts a cig in his mouth and starts smoking it before he disappears.

Trophies
Excel, Hyatt, Lord Ilpalazzo, Nabeshin, Pedro, The Great Will of the Marcocosm, Menchi, Puchuus, Tooru Watanabe, Daimaru Sumiyoshi, Norikuni Iwata, Misaki Matsuya, Kabapu, Ropponmatsu Units 1 and 2, Sandora, That Man, Rikdo Koshi

Stickers
Excel, Hyatt, Lord Ilpalazzo, Nabeshin, Pedro, The Great Will of the Marcocosm, Menchi, Puchuus, Tooru Watanabe, Daimaru Sumiyoshi, Norikuni Iwata, Misaki Matsuya, Kabapu, Ropponmatsu Unit 1, Ropponmatsu Unit 2, Sandora, That Man, Rikdo Koshi, Space Butler The 13th, Tetsuko, Antonio, Ms. Momochi, Gojo Shioji, Cosette Sara, Key, The Excel Girls, Binbou, Bowling Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom