• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grace *A Sheik Combo Video*

Judo777

Smash Master
Nice choice in music. Intro to Chrono Cross and Ice Cap Zone remix there at the end.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
: \ Reminds me of my second "combo" video.

We're all two years too behind to make anything worth watching yet.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
step it up son :) i do more impressive stuff every match i play

i cant prove it but

i believe it

AHHHHH ****

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
step it up son :) i do more impressive stuff every match i play

i cant prove it but

i believe it

AHHHHH ****
You do realize that I am going by the old saying "save the best for last" right? (this is 1/3 of my combo video and the first part) I have a few 0 to deaths waiting for the end... oh, a few Swans and Saltus.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
A few neat strings and combos here and there but some of them are rather poor.

Still there's some good stuff in that video, can't wait to see the final copy.

saviorslegacy

A few neat strings and combos here and there but some of them are rather poor.

Still there's some good stuff in that video, can't wait to see the final copy.
Of course some are poor. These can be found in all combo video's. *it appeals to the eye to see something new, neat and once in a life time* ie The bomb gimp on TL

ty.. now I just need more filler replays (combo's to fill in the gaps between impressive combo's)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, poor clips are never good. Switch them out as soon as possible.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No offense, but I don't really see the point of posting an unfinished video. Unless you're looking for constructive criticism or inspiration. The title of your thread doesn't even say "work in progress." I've been deceived.

THE CAKE IS A LIE.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Decent Vid, i'll look forward to your final copy. Some interesting stuff in here, I got a little chuckle out of you killing that ZSS with your chain offstage.

saviorslegacy

No offense, but I don't really see the point of posting an unfinished video. Unless you're looking for constructive criticism or inspiration. The title of your thread doesn't even say "work in progress." I've been deceived.

THE CAKE IS A LIE.
I did post it here for constructive criticism. From what I have gotten so far I spent an hour this morning redoing the first part of the video.

*read the first page
Decent Vid, i'll look forward to your final copy. Some interesting stuff in here, I got a little chuckle out of you killing that ZSS with your chain offstage.
You're not the first one to mention the ZSS kill. <,<
It's funny cuz I was trying to ledge hog him. Turns out I just doomed us both. -_-

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I did post it here for constructive criticism. From what I have gotten so far I spent an hour this morning redoing the first part of the video.

*read the first page
No need to be testy, sir. I did read the first page. I suppose I didn't expect your vid to be quite so "rough draft." Plus, no where in your original post does it ask for constructive criticism. Or maybe I just doesn't know. :)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
All I see is a lot of missing what you actually wanted to do, failed gimps, and a horribly stupid falcon.

Blocking a bomb and pressing X is worthy of a combo video? Rofl at the chain lock. I'm guessing he didn't die there.

ROFL at the MK. Play DM and pull out your chain for more than 2 seconds. I dare you.

Here's hoping the other video is decent.

saviorslegacy

All I see is a lot of missing what you actually wanted to do, failed gimps, and a horribly stupid falcon.

Blocking a bomb and pressing X is worthy of a combo video? Rofl at the chain lock. I'm guessing he didn't die there.

ROFL at the MK. Play DM and pull out your chain for more than 2 seconds. I dare you.

Here's hoping the other video is decent.
You call it missing I call it improvising.
If you are referring to the part where he just stands there I think that is cuz he expected a jump cuz that is what I had been doing the whole match. You have to realize that that segment was slowed down and in real time that was about 1 second. None the less... it was removed.

What do you mean by "blocking a bomb and pressing X"?

No, he didn't die. He Was able to use Shuttle Loop and I had to end it.
kk... you do realize that you can chain camp MK right?

Working on it... I am half way through the second song.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Of course some are poor. These can be found in all combo video's. *it appeals to the eye to see something new, neat and once in a life time* ie The bomb gimp on TL
You call it missing I call it improvising.
You're really funny. "What you call bad I can call good!"
Were you really looking for critique? Or just people complimenting you?

saviorslegacy

You're really funny. "What you call bad I can call good!"
Were you really looking for critique? Or just people complimenting you?
Critique, he always *****e's to me though and he is the only one that complained saying that most are failed combo's. When in fact it was more like good DI reading. I <3 rock paper scissors so I try to be good at improvising in a split second. Sinking is calling this fail.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
*sigh*

At one point toon link stands there like a moron and throws a bomb at you. You block, the bomb rebounds, you jump. End of clip.

I was talking about the chainguard on Pit. Not MK. You didn't chainguard MK. You can't outcamp MK with a chain, unless your MK is a ****ing idiot. I don't know what makes you think you know enough to make a guide about Sheik when the people you play have the intelligence of a CPU lvl 3 AT BEST.

Eitherway, I'm sick of your johns and lol's.
I fail to see how these are combos. It seems you're unaware of the definition of that word.

The reason I'm irritated with you, "savior" is that you're incredibly annoying.

You plagiarize combos.
You make up data and call it confirmed before testing it.
You're incredibly disrespectful and arrogant to Sheiks that place at tournies and try to help.
You're attitude is always snide and defensive.
You're encouraging new Sheiks to use combos that don't work for one thing and aren't worth the trouble, instead of focusing on fundamentals.

For ****'s sake dude, your combo video is a collection of half-***** ATs that don't pay off. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The one time I got hopeful was when one of the top 5 tier characters showed up (MK), but the guy just stood there like a **** sandbag.

Every time someone challenges you to prove yourself you just lol at them or respond with useless verbal diarrhea like "you call it missing I call it improvising"

That's not improvising. You missed the attack. A smart opponent would have punished that. Watch TristanWin's videos. That's called improvising. Watch Ankoku and Ryoko's videos. That's the closest to a combo as Sheik can get. That's playing smart. Watch gimpyfish videos. That's about pressuring.

Until you play someone with the skill level of DM or thereabouts, I have no choice but to regard everything you say as being utterly inaccurate and non-tourney viable.

That's all the time I'm willing to waste here.

Seriously man, naming a combo after yourself? Even if that was actually yours... that's just low.

saviorslegacy

*sigh*

At one point toon link stands there like a moron and throws a bomb at you. You block, the bomb rebounds, you jump. End of clip.

I was talking about the chainguard on Pit. Not MK. You didn't chainguard MK. You can't outcamp MK with a chain, unless your MK is a ****ing idiot. I don't know what makes you think you know enough to make a guide about Sheik when the people you play have the intelligence of a CPU lvl 3 AT BEST.

Eitherway, I'm sick of your johns and lol's.
I fail to see how these are combos. It seems you're unaware of the definition of that word.

The reason I'm irritated with you, "savior" is that you're incredibly annoying.

You plagiarize combos.
You make up data and call it confirmed before testing it.
You're incredibly disrespectful and arrogant to Sheiks that place at tournies and try to help.
You're attitude is always snide and defensive.
You're encouraging new Sheiks to use combos that don't work for one thing and aren't worth the trouble, instead of focusing on fundamentals.

For ****'s sake dude, your combo video is a collection of half-***** ATs that don't pay off. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. The one time I got hopeful was when one of the top 5 tier characters showed up (MK), but the guy just stood there like a **** sandbag.

Every time someone challenges you to prove yourself you just lol at them or respond with useless verbal diarrhea like "you call it missing I call it improvising"

That's not improvising. You missed the attack. A smart opponent would have punished that. Watch TristanWin's videos. That's called improvising. Watch Ankoku and Ryoko's videos. That's the closest to a combo as Sheik can get. That's playing smart. Watch gimpyfish videos. That's about pressuring.

Until you play someone with the skill level of DM or thereabouts, I have no choice but to regard everything you say as being utterly inaccurate and non-tourney viable.

That's all the time I'm willing to waste here.

Seriously man, naming a combo after yourself? Even if that was actually yours... that's just low.
Jesus, and you were saying **** on me. -_- If this is what you believe about me then you are no better as far as being a douche.

I think you are talking about the beginning... I want you to watch wheat happens after that.

Jeez you're out of it. "You can chain camp MK." The hardest thing to beat is Drill Rush and Galaxy Cape.
What did you expect him to do? Stand up in the middle of the chain like Jesus on water?

I'll make sure to tell the others about that. Oh, I have beaten Light before... so I guess he is a lvl 4.

No johns about the combo's. They were performed in match.

Oh sorry for pissing you off. When you come here you are mainly flaming me. I wonder why.... hmmmm.... Maybe if you stop coming here to flame me then your life can be peaceful again.

How do I plagiarize combo's? So I missed used the word a few times, big deal. Is that enough to piss someone off? That's like looks at a vase and calling it a pot. The person will get insulted cuz you called their vase a pot.

I have jumped at Ankoku before yes. He is the only one really. I mainly was confused on were he stood. Now I realize that he is just trying to be helpful and I respect him for that.
You said "Sheik's". SO I want you to point out who else.

****, you mean to tell me that I act like everyone else and defend myself. Well gosh that's new.

I am getting new Sheiks to main her cuz I have found some stuff that looks awsome and is situational? Yeah, I deserve to be punished for that. kk Ankoku, you should repart a ban for me.

My combo video is a rough draft. BTW.. you who like words used correctly just screwed up. The word "AT" stands for Advance Tactics. Last time I checked those weren't in there.

Who all has challenged me?

Whgen did he just stand there? BTW... I can't control who my opponents main.

I do watch those video's. Not everyone, but I have seen each of those people before.

*Light
*Crystal
*SnowBall
*Nicalobe
*(another Sheik main who I can't remember)
*DiZmY
*Reeses Piece's
*However
*Kawai Bunny
*Ewic

Everyone one of those people go to tournies asside form Crystal. I have played each one.

****it, I thought you would get this the first time.
"I orginally named it the Saltus Combo which is Latin for jump." "People started calling is the Savior Combo beause it was supposed to be Sheik's Savior." "In the end we only gained a few 30-deaths and it wasn't the Savior, so I changed it back."
Does that make sense?

If you have anything else to say to me please post it on my wall. I don't want the baords to have a flame war on it.
I also request that you set me to* ignore* since you can't do just that.

There... that wasn't a lulzy post and I didn't insult a respected Sheik. Anything else you wish to say?

saviorslegacy

lol, citing wifi games as legitimate examples.
*Nicalobe isn't a wi-fi player

I have no other options Ankoku (and neither does a few other people I Know of). I have only been to one tourney so as you can guess I rarely fight people IRL except for Knox (he went to the same tourney). I placed second and he placed fourth.

Besides... this is the way I look at it:

Lets say two people are gonna have a wtaer war. So they grab pitchers of water, however, because it is on wi-fi the pitchers are only 3/4 full.
Both players have to deal with the same issue's.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That still doesn't legitimize it as being even close to the same as live play.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The music would be the excellent signature song of Chrono Cross - Scars of Time.

Top Bottom