• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

skyheart

Smash Lord
I usually play black falcon, why? Because I'm black. LoL Master plays blue falcon because he enjoys partying all the time so it makes sense.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
What is green Falcon? And I remember reading back in my lurking days that Pink Luigi's real name is "Gorgeous George." Can't remember who posted it, though.

skyheart

Smash Lord
thumbs you better be coming here sometime this week, i needs the extra practice before chu's friday. Also scar you BETTER be at chu's cuz I need to see a good falcon up close and personal. ALSO if you're coming to chu's you might as well come to md like a day before, preferably my house and melee all night.....hardbody **** =D

metashinryu

Smash Ace

Scar

#HarveyDent
It becomes a touch than death fest...
yeah thats the best part, but like you need to be good enough at a number of things to kill other players from one hit, and you have to be better at avoiding certain things to not die from one hit

it's not like it takes no skill, like stupid chaingrabs. unless youre like perfect at tech chasing uthrows in which case they are lame as balls.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
majority of falcon mains that ive met dont like falcon dittos

i hear theres a cool video of g reg that hasnt been put up, so if thumbs could de-douche and take care of that it would be cool

Scar

#HarveyDent
tricks like that are awesome, unfortunately at high levels people don't miss those techs anymore so it's just a nair and another tech chase opportunity. which sucks.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Haha, yea im not putting up any vids thumbs till you upload the g-reg ones =)
Put up g regs **** he was the illest

Its mutha ****in g reg

But yea I just hate it when I mess up than its like
"I was doin well an about to finish but I messed up an got up aired...now im getting comboed to death..."

Falcon punishes himself harder than anyone else...They are gay for each other

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I would say Poke Stadium is probably one of the best against her. Lots of room for you to move while still having close sides.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea but dthrow knee kills her at like nothing % on yoshis. depends if you are offensive or defensive minded. also, id rather take peach to dreamland than FD. the stage is bigger, but knee combos still kill her somewhat early and you wont get chaingrabbed as much, if at all.

Scar

#HarveyDent
listen to mogwai about stages. i agree, yoshi's is whatever, in no one's direct favor, depends on playstyles

stadium is clearly in falcon's favor

FD is whatever, you can **** her there but the cg is gay as balls.

i would say dreamland and battlefield are 50/50, and you ban fountain

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok so some things I need a little help on here...

I'm still having quite a bit of difficulty with the Marth vs. Falcon matchup. Let's say he lands an utilt on me, am I supposed to DI behind him, not towards the direction he's facing? Seems to me like if I DI the way he's facing, half the time I get hit by about a bajillion more utilts, but what if behind him = off the stage? Then it seems like I have the choice of either eating a combo or potentially getting gimped...Another thing is recently I've been recovering low and well...although it is indeed smarter because I'm not eating dair spikes all the time, I kind of still am, along with fsmash/dtilt edgeguards. It seems that when I go to ledge tech, instead I just DI away and easy kill for Marth. Am I maybe ledge teching wrong? I think I solved my own problem because I'm pretty sure you just use the control stick/C-stick to DI towards the stage, and never have them going away from it xP.

The matchup against Fox. Hmm...I seem to be getting a lot better at it, as in I'm not shield grabbing as much. When they waveshine me off the edge and shine me and I happen to be pushed against the stage instead of away, can I wall jump/wall tech it? Also, I'm kind of getting better at tech chasing if you want to call it that...but when let's say I dthrow him, then he techs and I go to grab, he spot dodges and I miss. If I try to mind game this and instead go for a dair, it seems that it still misses all of the time dang near because of that stupid spot dodge rofl. Hell, I'll even run past him, he'll spot dodge obviously, and then I'll be like lolol mindga3mz and turn around and grab and guess what? ANOTHER SPOT DODGE! jkal;djaljd what can I do to combat this? Only idea I can think of atm would be like no fast fall nair or a really delayed uair, maybe an over b? Also, should I just reset the match when I get the most perfect ever drop zone via popping them up RIGHT at the edge with dair, grabbing out of the air, drop zone, he instead goes towards the stage and wall techs, I recover and he starts his recovery, and then I dair, he meteor cancels, I dair him once he comes back up again, and he meteor cancels again? I don't even see Darkrain/Silent Spectre's victims ever do that stuff v_v. I still win most of the time against this specific Fox, Black Panther's is a whole different monster rofl.

While I'm at it with this gigantic wall of text, the Ganon matchup. It seems rather easy but I think I let that get to my head WAYYYY too much. Retreating fairs ****.ME. Can you ledge tech Tipman spikes? Do I have to wait longer than usual to meteor cancel his dair? About all I need to know here, that crap gets me all the time lol.

One last thing, is Tomacawk just imagining things or can Falcon seriously dthrow chaingrab G&W without him being able to do a thing about it? Dart/EPSucks1337 usually can just DI away pretty hard and I can't regrab. Just thought I'd question this, Cawk said I couldn't do that in our match once so I was afraid to even grab him xP.

Many thanks to yallz who help me out, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm improving!

PS: Am I a douchebag if I have Pokefloats memorized **** near? Quite possibly my favorite counterpick nowadays, and it's because I tend to survive forever on there unless I'm in choke mode, which is quite common lmao.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Gooeyban - Why are you DIing away when attempting to ledgetech? Don't worry about walljumping with the tech. Your DI should be the same as if you're going to get hit again.

For spotdodge heavy foxes, you need to bait the dodge and take advantage of it. Most foxes will dodge right as you run up to them thinking you're going in for a grab. Make them think you want a grab by running all the way up to them, then knee/stomp/whatever you want. If you time it right, you should **** their face as their spotdodge finishes.

Top Bottom