• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Sakurai

Smash Cadet
1) Sakurai (TheSundanceKid)
2) Alphonse Elric (MasterWarlord)
3) Raiden (Smash Daddy)
4) Miracle Matter (KingK.Rool)
5) Ryuk (MasterWarlord)
6) Arthas (Chris Lionheart)
7) The Kid (agidius)
8) Mewthree (Hyper_Ridley)
9) Metal Man (Plorf)
10) Bowser Jr (Bkupa666)
11) Scar and the Hyenas (BKupa666)
12) Lemmy Koopa (Hyper_Ridley)
13) Count Cannoli (KingK.Rool)
14) Bass and Treble (Hyper_Ridley)
15) May (SirKibble)
16) Roy Mustang (Chris Lionheart)
17) Super Star Helpers Ultra (SirKibble)
18) Shellder (KingK.Rool)
19) Jumpluff (KingK.Rool)
20) Team Rocket (Junahu)
21) Elias (SirKibble)
22) Bubble Man (agidius)
23) Heat Man (SirKibble and Plorf)
24) Acid Seaforce (Spadefox)
25) Hyatt (MarthTrinity)
26) Richard (SirKibble)
27) Zasalamel (MasterWarlord)
28) Gwen (Chris Lionheart)
29) Computer Virus (SirKibble, SkylerOcon, MarthTrinity)
30) Hypno (Tanookie)
31) Airman (agidius)
32) Mia (Tanookie)
33) Ashe (Spadefox)
34) Gluttony (MasterWarlord)
35) Missingno (MasterWarlord)
36) Steven Stone (Various)
37) MYM Man (SirKibble)
38) Bowser (dancingfrogman)
39) Excel (half_silver28)
40) Tingle (Wizzerd)
41) Sebastian (BKupa666)
42) Animal Crosser (SirKibble)
43) Father Time (KingK.Rool)
44) Kaptain Skurvy (BKupa666)
45) Leviathan (Chris Lionheart)
46) King K. Rool (MasterWarlord)
47) Gligar (kitsuneko345)
48) Fatman (MasterWarlord)
49) Hero Prinny (Emergency)
50) Sil'fer (Shake~)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
THE MYM 5 TOP 50

1) Acid Seaforce (Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox)
2) Raiden (Smash Daddy)
3) Alphonse Elric (MasterWarlord)

5) Ryuk (MasterWarlord)
6) Cutesy Beau (Junahu)
7) The Kid (agidius)
9) Metal Man (Plorf)
10) Bowser Jr (Bkupa666)

11) Arthas (Chris Lionheart)
15) May (SirKibble)
20) Team Rocket (Junahu)

21) Elias (SirKibble)
22) Bubble Man (agidius)
24) Sakurai (TheSundanceKid)
25) Hyatt (MarthTrinity)
26) Richard (SirKibble)
30) Hypno (Tanookie)

31) Airman (agidius)
32) Mia (Tanookie)
33) Ashe (Spadefox)
34) Wilhelmina (SirKibble)
35) Azumarill (MarthTrinity)
36) Steven Stone (MarthTrinity, MasterWarlord, Hyper_Ridley, Chris Lionheart, SirKibble, SkylerOcon)
37) MYM Man (SirKibble)
40) Tingle (Wizzerd)

41) Sebastian (BKupa666)
42) Gluttony (MasterWarlord)
48) Ekans (KingK.Rool)
49) Nature (Horiin)
50) Sil'fer (Shake~)

Congrats to everyone who made it in! And to those who didn't, also. There were far too many terrific sets this time around for all of them to make it in, so even if you're not on this list, rest assured, you have not been forgotten.

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member

THE MYM 5 TOP 50

1) Acid Seaforce (Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox) lolno
2) Raiden (Smash Daddy)
3) Alphonse Elric (MasterWarlord)

5) Ryuk (MasterWarlord)
6) Cutesy Beau (Junahu)
7) The Kid (agidius) Yes
8) Mewthree (Hyper_Ridley) Yes
9) Metal Man (Plorf)
10) Bowser Jr (Bkupa666) Yes

11) Arthas (Chris Lionheart)
15) May (SirKibble)
17) Super Star Helpers Ultra (SirKibble) Not this high, but yes
18) Shellder (KingK.Rool) Yes
20) Team Rocket (Junahu) Yes

21) Elias (SirKibble)
22) Bubble Man (agidius)
24) Sakurai (TheSundanceKid) Yes
25) Hyatt (MarthTrinity)
26) Richard (SirKibble) Yes
29) Computer Virus (SirKibble, SkylerOcon, MarthTrinity) Yes
30) Hypno (Tanookie)

31) Airman (agidius)
32) Mia (Tanookie)
33) Ashe (Spadefox)
36) Steven Stone (MarthTrinity, MasterWarlord, Hyper_Ridley, Chris Lionheart, SirKibble, SkylerOcon) Yes
37) MYM Man (SirKibble) Hell yeah
40) Tingle (Wizzerd)

41) Sebastian (BKupa666) Yes
43) Father Time (KingK.Rool) Yes
44) Kaptain Skurvy (BKupa666) Yes
46) King K. Rool (MasterWarlord) Yes
48) Ekans (KingK.Rool)
49) Nature (Horiin) Yes
50) Sil'fer (Shake~)

Congrats to everyone who made it in! And to those who didn't, also. There were far too many terrific sets this time around for all of them to make it in, so even if you're not on this list, rest assured, you have not been forgotten.

Enjoy!
My comments are bolded.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
THE MYM 5 TOP 50
FIRST TOP 40 PLACEMENT SINCE MYM2. HECK YES!!!!!! :bee:

but anyway, I don't have many major problems with the top 50 this time around. I think its a crime that no sets from usershadow placed, but that's pretty much my biggest gripe. Most of the sets I voted for placed (I must have been one of the very few who voted for ema skye xd). I wished that Yuji & Shana could place as well, but they didn't really get a lot of attention anyway <.<

But all in all, this is a great top 50, & I hope that MYM6 will be just as competitive as this one. :)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'd like to give a HUUUUGE thanks to everyone who voted for Acid Seaforce and gave me my first MYM #1 placing.

Besides that, this was a truly great MYM. The entire top 10 was EXTREMLEY close, to the point where there several tie-breakers in it, and the runner-ups were only several votes behind Seaforce. I hope that MYM6 can be as competative as this one. =D

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I think I can quote this from the chat, MYM is a popularity contest.

Not that I mind at all. Congrats 1/2AG!

This is the first contest where I failed to place, again. But it's for the fun of making sets, not who wins. Unless you are aiming for bragging rights.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So...

When's the next contest starting? There's not usually a huge gap in between contests, am I correct?

EDIT: Oh, and also...

I think its a crime that no sets from usershadow placed, but that's pretty much my biggest gripe.
I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

Why d'you suppose that happened?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Whether intentional or not, Spadefox leaving and removing all but his joint moveset proved to be the most effective hype campaign in MYM history.
As spiteful as this may sound, I think Acid Seaforce's win is as much a product of Spadefox's departure as it is a product of the moveset's quality.
But then again, getting first in MYM has always been about riding the hype machine the best..

That's the only problem I have with the Top50 this time. Pretty much everything on the list deserves its place, so congrats to everyone who placed.

...And it's always a good chuckle to see MasterWarlord not win yet another MYM (and better still, relegated to 3rd place this time)
If he ever wins, god forbid, we'd never hear the end of it

Edit: And thanks to everyone who remembered Team Rocket when voting.
Edit2: Even though vote counts hardly disprove the influence of Spadefox leaving, I'll retract my statement. Top50 lists always cause drama, and it's uncharacteristic of me to join in like that.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I finally placed after two contests last contest, and what do I get? F***ing 47th place!

I'm just kidding of course, but I feel that I should place slightly higher (about 2 places) or even lower (about 2 places again). Either way, I appreciate the placing.

vvvvv IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR KRIS vvvvv

You know, making joint movesets involve work from both sides...

^^^^ IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR KRIS ^^^^

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
For curiosity's sake, here are the vote counts on the top 10.

Acid Seaforce (Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox) – 31
Raiden (Smash Daddy) – 31

Alphonse Elric (MasterWarlord) – 30
Miracle Matter (KingK.Rool) – 30

Ryuk (MasterWarlord) – 28
Cutesy Beau (Junahu) – 28

The Kid (agidius) – 24
Mewthree (Hyper_Ridley) – 24

Bowser Jr (Bkupa666) – 23
Metal Man (Plorf) – 23

Also, kits, you got 31st and 10th in MYM 3, didn't you?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Not surprised none of my sets placed, they were both very rushed.

But Acid Seaforce in first? I dunno... I think I agree with Junahu, it was quite probably hype that caused the win. Because I definitely considered most of HR's other sets high above AS.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Cool, we won. Never would've guessed that. So thanks, I suppose.

So, we got all these votes, at least according to emergency, Junahu and Baloo, too, despite the fact that I never wanted it to end like that. Awesome.

You know, not everything is a conspiracy. I know it's easy for me to say it cause you know, I won or something. I don't care, though.

I wanna point out that the votes in the Top 10 - especially you should take a look at them, Baloo - are very very close to each other.

In MYM4, the votes have been clear. The Top 6 had a HUGE gap to 8 and following ones. 7 votes (3 supervotes and 1 normal vote), if I recall correctly. Here, there's several ties - every 2 places - with a 4 point gap (that's 2 supervotes) in between 6 and 7. Keep also in mind that Acid Seaforce wasn't able to get voted or supervoted by a total of 2 people.

If you personally think that HR's other sets are better or that me leaving due to the majority of the participants disliking me, that's up to you. While it might have been a reason for it getting the one or another vote, I doubt it was the main reason.

But yea. Friggin conspiracies. They're everywhere.

Thanks to everyone who voted for the set, and didn't do it because I left.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that was fast...! I didn't think the results would get posted that soon. Congratulations to everyone who placed! You all deserve it~ It looks like my moveset didn't place this time, which isn't really surprising, seeing my lack of effort and determination on my moveset, along with um, a whole bunch of other factors, really. But some of the spots I was happy about were Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario; I really enjoyed reading that set, it seemed really true to character and made me remember all of the fun times I had playing SMS. ^^ Congrats again to everyone~

It was really nice knowing you, Spadefox. I'm glad you decided to visit once more; Acid Seaforce was one of the few movesets I read, and I liked it! Although I didn't expect it to reach the top (But not in a bad way...! My eyes and tastes for things tend to be a bit on the poorer side, so er, sorry...um? Yes, er, ... )...! Congratulations to you and Hyper_Ridley, and everyone else too!

And I'm really sorry to those of you who suggested some suggestions to me...I'm sorry I didn't manage to do or fix them on time > <; I had to pack and everything, but I shouldn't give excuses. I can only hope I'll do better in MYM6, the standards seemed to have risen quite a bit from my standards, so I guess I'm falling behind a bit. But it's still fun!~ My plans for MYM6 (If we're allowed to announce them, that is...sorry if we're not > <' I have to read the rules again after I post this...or uh, never mind, I could do that now, I suppose. But since I'm lazy, I probably won't...er, sorry.) are most likely going to be one or two movesets, I really want to create more than one this time, but some of my ideas are : Bellossom [Pokemon Franchise], Tayce T./Zess T. (Or Saffron/Dyllis) [Paper Mario Series], Kylie Koopa [Mario & Luigi RPG], and/or maybe Toadsworth [General Mario], because I really like Stroupes's version of Toadsworth in MYM3. ^^

So, um, I think that's all I wanted to say...

Have a nice summer, everyone!~

Baloo

Smash Ace
I wanna point out that the votes in the Top 10 - especially you should take a look at them, Baloo - are very very close to each other.
Why especially me? I understand that they're close, but I personally don't think that Acid Seafood deserved the place. Top 20 or 30 definitely, but first... I dunno.

If you personally think that HR's other sets are better or that me leaving due to the majority of the participants disliking me, that's up to you. While it might have been a reason for it getting the one or another vote, I doubt it was the main reason.
I'm not saying that's the only reason you won, I'm saying that it may have been a key factor in your placement.

Although I do think that some of, not all of, HR's other MYM5 sets were better.

Junahu

Smash Ace
@Spadefox: I'm still of the opinion that the Top50 would not have had Seaforce at the top, if you left the rest of your movesets in. But I apologise if I was a bit of a jerk by implying it was a deliberate gambit on your part.

@meadow: Seriously, don't ever let go of that writing style. It's fractured beyond belief, but your personality shines through so effortlessly. And if it's any consolation, I voted for Toadette. (and NOT a pity vote. An honest to god, real vote)

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
I don't know most of the sets than got in the Top 50, as I was away and missed a lot of them. But, those that I had time to see, where, I think, deserving to get their spot. Congratulations to all our winners and even those who didn't place cause remember, the goal isn't to win! Gosh, I just realised how the Top 10 winner were close in score O_O! Well, that means you were all really great and deserved these spots! ^_^

Next MYM I'll do all I can to get into that Top 50 using Probopass, my favorite Pokémon! :D

I'm already getting back in a MYM mood! It's so good to see everybody again! *snif* xD

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Wow, that was fast...! I didn't think the results would get posted that soon. Congratulations to everyone who placed! You all deserve it~ It looks like my moveset didn't place this time, which isn't really surprising, seeing my lack of effort and determination on my moveset, along with um, a whole bunch of other factors, really. But some of the spots I was happy about were Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario; I really enjoyed reading that set, it seemed really true to character and made me remember all of the fun times I had playing SMS. ^^ Congrats again to everyone~

It was really nice knowing you, Spadefox. I'm glad you decided to visit once more; Acid Seaforce was one of the few movesets I read, and I liked it! Although I didn't expect it to reach the top (But not in a bad way...! My eyes and tastes for things tend to be a bit on the poorer side, so er, sorry...um? Yes, er, ... )...! Congratulations to you and Hyper_Ridley, and everyone else too!

And I'm really sorry to those of you who suggested some suggestions to me...I'm sorry I didn't manage to do or fix them on time > <; I had to pack and everything, but I shouldn't give excuses. I can only hope I'll do better in MYM6, the standards seemed to have risen quite a bit from my standards, so I guess I'm falling behind a bit. But it's still fun!~ My plans for MYM6 (If we're allowed to announce them, that is...sorry if we're not > <' I have to read the rules again after I post this...or uh, never mind, I could do that now, I suppose. But since I'm lazy, I probably won't...er, sorry.) are most likely going to be one or two movesets, I really want to create more than one this time, but some of my ideas are : Bellossom [Pokemon Franchise], Tayce T./Zess T. (Or Saffron/Dyllis) [Paper Mario Series], Kylie Koopa [Mario & Luigi RPG], and/or maybe Toadsworth [General Mario], because I really like Stroupes's version of Toadsworth in MYM3. ^^

So, um, I think that's all I wanted to say...

Have a nice summer, everyone!~
Wishing you a nice summer, too, Meadow! Hopefully we'll be seeing a bit more of you in MYM 6, you're a great veteran MYMer. :)

Why especially me? I understand that they're close, but I personally don't think that Acid Seafood deserved the place. Top 20 or 30 definitely, but first... I dunno.

I'm not saying that's the only reason you won, I'm saying that it may have been a key factor in your placement.

Although I do think that some of, not all of, HR's other MYM5 sets were better.
Movesets are subjective. For my part, I prefer Acid Seaforce to all of HR's other sets - or most of the movesets in the whole contest, for that matter. When things are this tight, with no clear frontrunner, it's impossible for everyone to like the winner. Better to look at the top 10 as a whole.

And it's great to have you back, Trophy! For what it's worth, I voted for Birdon. :bee:

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Well, I'm certainly not surprised. :bee:

Honestly, I'm not that disappointed, either. At least all of my sets placed this time, and the fact that they even placed makes me happy. I've said before that this contest was not a high point for me (in terms of personal satisfaction) which is still definitely true; however, in terms of other people, this contest was certainly the best. It was incredibly difficult voting and picking movesets...I just wanted to thank everybody for participating and being such good sports about everything. After all, isn't that what the contest is all about?

Congrats to the winners, and I hope to see all of you again next contest!
You'd all better watch out, though...

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Didn't place at all, but not surprised seeing as I just found this about a week ago. Planning on placing next year though!

Just curious though, how do you find what sets have been made already? Is there any link to an archive of sorts I can see, or do I just have to search. I have a few ideas but I'm afraid they might already be done.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I said that because Rool posted the vote results for the Top 10 right before you posted.
I personally think that Acid Seaforce was my best moveset, in any case, and I know Hyper_Ridley feels similarily. If you don't think so, you're entitled to your own opinion, but shouting "OMG U WON CUZ U LEFT, AHOLE, AND UR SET SUX" neither is the right way to comment. I really really doubt the Top 10 would've looked so much differently if I wouldn't have left.

@Spadefox: I'm still of the opinion that the Top50 would not have had Seaforce at the top, if you left the rest of your movesets in. But I apologise if I was a bit of a jerk by implying it was a deliberate gambit on your part.
Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? The Top 50 would look far different, though. Besides this, I didn't leave just for Seaforce to win.
I left because it's people like Baloo who vomit crap into my face everytime I see them because I don't get along with them.

I know you have your doubts, and I repeat: There might have been votes for him because I left, but I have this feeling those aren't insanely much. Additionally, keep in mind that there were 2 persons who couldn't vote for him (as I sent in votes, as well).

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Suzu's extras
Animations represent the character's personality. And for a anime character, would one not think that is important? Although she didn't have many appearances in the series, Suzu still had enough to be able to have a personality built out of it, of which will be represented in this small space.

First off, as for her opening, Suzu does what she does best, and that is teleporting to her spawn point. But that's not all. Suzu takes on a different mood based on the foe: she won't hesitate to get into a battle stance against a powerful foe(s), while silly foes like a rock or Missingno will prompt her to look shocked despite the fact that Bobobo-bobo-bobo itself has silly characters.
While standing, Suzu holds her right hand clenched closely to her chest while her left hand is extended, ready to throw a punch (much like her stance in the GBA videos if you were a good boy/girl and watched them). Suzu is left-handed, in case you didn't notice.

As for the other 2 images above, they represent 2 of Suzu's taunts. The Up Taunt has Suzu pull a fish out (top right) and eat away at it until you perform another action. The taunt is instantaneous, so you could essentially use it in a competitive match without wasting time.

The Side Taunt has Suzu briefly enter a shocked state (bottom right) while randomly yelling out something like "WHAT!?" or "HUH!?", which is pretty good as a annoying taunt, especially when the opponent actually does something stupid. Suzu may be one of the more sane characters of Bobobo, but that doesn't mean that she has tolerance for foolishness.
Suzu's Down Taunt is special. With the start-up duration of Snake's cardboard box taunt, Suzu will perform a similar action by pulling out a costume of Don Patch and wearing it like above. But unlike the Cardboard box taunt, Suzu will continue to wear the costume after the taunt but it does not affect the game, merely acting as a alternate costume. You can throw it off anytime by re-using the taunt. The action of wearing a Don Patch costume is apparently named as an attack "Patchworks Patch" by Suzu in Episode 38 of the anime. It was designed to help Bobobo fight at his full strength since apparently Bobobo fights better with his ally Don Patch, but this isn't actually true due to the show's random nature. The concept of the Don Patch costume didn't work and Suzu ended up miserably failing. Suzu can be a lost cause when it comes to helping others outside of teleportation and certain other matters.

Those aren't the only taunts either. If you don't like those taunts, Suzu also has a Back Taunt. Yup, she's just so awesome I just wanted to make a 4th taunt, which is different based on the battle situation:
  • All players at 0%: Suzu retains a casual stance while saying "Anything's possible in the world of illusion." What she really means, I don't know. It goes deeper than that.
  • Suzu at 100% or more: Suzu puts on a dumbfounded expression while saying "Well at least they're not flying fish." Even when near defeat, Suzu manages to retain her cool.
  • Foe is 1 stock ahead of Suzu: This time, Suzu gets on her knees while saying "So it was all for nothing!" When defeated, Suzu gives into despair rather than anger.
  • Suzu ahead of foe(s): Placing aside her seriousness in battle for just a moment, Suzu gains a confident smirk while saying "Gotcha now! This is a dead end." Who doesn't get overconfident when about to defeat a powerful foe? Use this taunt to mock your foe, if you have the time that is.
Victory Poses. Trying to keep it Brawl here. Suzu's 1st Victory Pose is as follows:

Essentially you've got yourself a good representation of Suzu gone wrong. She'll be back up on her feet in no time, possibly due to having a large metabolisim. In the anime, Suzu's shirt covered her stomach and she was sitting on a chair since the target audience is intended for chidren despite not being realistic. Oh, and yes, I don't know how the hell someone can get that fat just from eating a coelacanth that's not even that big, but's it's all designed for being comical. Suzu may be perfectly sane and powerful, but even great anime characters need their comical moments and weaknesses.

For her 2nd Victory Pose, Suzu happily raises her fist while smiling at the screen while somewhat blushing. Suzu feels happy at having accomplished something extra special, and so this victory poses occurs more often when defeating a powerful foe or winning against a different foe for the first time. Suzu performs this action in the anime only so no images are available.

3rd Victory Pose has Suzu gestures towards nowhere in paticular while holding up 6 tickets. Wait, is she offering her foe a vaccation? I don't know, seems kinda weird that she insists on offering something of positive value to the foe.

I won't bore you with the loss pose. Rather, I'll cut to the universal fanfare, which I cannot show a link to cus I don't know any Youtube videos that could help. The theme plays in the anime in 2 cases: 1st, when Bobobo and his gang defeat a villain and secondly right at the end of the English credits. There's almost nobody who can relate to what Im saying right now, so I'll just move on.

The universal symbol for Bobobo-bobo-bobo? Im a big fan of the series yet I don't have much of a idea. The symbol is a giant golden "H", standing for Hajike, which is the concept for the random things Bobobo and his friends do in the series. In the anime, it's called "Wiggin", though I think it sounds rather stupid. Yet the creators of the anime had to change the names of some of the characters and locations to covert them into puns, such as Mean Green, Gasser (commomly used in puns like Gasser up and Speed Gasser, a parody of Speed Racer), Jelly Jiggler, Captain Battleship, Kittypoo, Not Nice Cream, Wild Wister, Chrome Dome, Hair, Bald, Bad Bard, General Lee Fishcake, Baloni Oni, Wall Man, Major Minor and so on. The word Bobobo was used as a big pun, such as Sponge BoboboSquarepants in Episode 66. The Bobobo anime was colorful and got some humour out from the concept of puns, some which are very lame such as the constant use of "blast"

Alternate Costumes
Unless you have palette swaps like the pros do Altys aren't really exciting. For her color change Suzu's yellow hair, anklets and vest all change to colors of common sense (like blue, green, red, black, white, purple, brown, and pink), but her hair only changes slightly in shade so it still stays yellow.

But Suzu's got some fun alternate costumes alongside the normal color changes. They're purely fanmade, but I agree with them:

Vest-less Suzu
This is Suzu without her vest. Made by Jeshika Haruno of Deviantart for Dilmat, I do believe that this is a completely accurate representation of Suzu without her vest on. As the comments on the art depict, Suzu appears more womanly in this outfit.

Elfine Suzu
Made by vazette, this costume depicts Suzu dressed as the Wicked Witch of the West. Despite being a kind of joke art, it's still a fun costume. The more costume the better, right?

Assist Trophy: Beauty

Beauty is the heroine of Bobobo-bobo-bobo, portraying typical anime/manga female protagonist traits. She seems to be Suzu's best friend, the 2 of them getting on very well throughout the series. Like Suzu, Beauty is sane, but she has the tendancy to criticise other characters throughout the series. She is one of the few Bobobo characters to have the inability to fight, needing the protection of others to survive.

As an AT, Beauty stands in the background doing what she does best: criticizing the other players. She will stay on the field for 15 seconds, randomly blurting something out to a player, even the summoner. What she says is dependant on the character:

Snake Codec, what he thinks about Suzu.

Snake: Otacon, there's a blonde guy standing around.

Otacon: Err Snake, that's a girl.
Snake: What!?

Otacon: That blonde is a girl named Suzu. I figured you might have noticed since you found out that Samus was a woman, which essentially nobody else found out about until later on.
Snake: Yeah, but that's different, man. This "girl" doesn't even have breasts. On the other hand, Samus' were litterally bulging out. That girl must be like, pretty young. Her voice even sounds like a boy's at times.
Otacon: No, she's actually 18 years old. 19 this year I think.
Snake: What!? No girl could possibly be 19 years old without having their period!?
Otacon: No Snake, I think you're overreacting. It's just her natural build, that's all.
Snake: Hmph, I must be fighting some sort of freak here.
Otacon: Don't worry about it. Suzu works as the assistant to a man named Gunkan. I don't know what she does for him or why, that story is kind of out of our reach. By the way, Suzu has..
Snake: Let me guess...some form of supernatural abilities that science cannot make of.
Otacon: Yeah.
Snake: Let me guess. This "girl" is going to use the almightly weapon called telekinesis, then block my path using some barrier. And then read my mind. And finally kill me.
Otacon: Snake, you're overreacting again. While it's true that she does possess abilities, they aren't as great as you'd think. She really only uses teleportation in a combination of close combat, and occaionally uses psychokinesis and pyrokinesis.
Snake: All the same.
Otacon: Listen Snake. I know those battles against Akira, Specter, Espeon, Mewtwo, Metagross, Silver, Raven, Mew, Latias, Latios, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Hypno, Ness, Lucas, Paula, Psycho Mantis and countless other fellas really ticked you off, but compared to those this one will be a breeze. Suzu is very a kind-hearted person and wouldn't pick a fight unless she had a very good reason to do so. Makes me even wonder why you're even fighting her.
Snake: I don't like her.
Otacon: Why not?
Snake: That girl destroys the concept of sexuality by looking like a boy but being a girl. She probably doesn't even have any friends. I don't even think she's a human.
Otacon: Very well, if you really want to fight her, go ahead. Don't get yourself beaten in a fight just because of your own morals.
Snake: I won't.
Otacon: She probably doesn't really want to fight you, I think you should....
Gunkan: Hello!
Snake: Huh, who are you!? And how did you get this frequency!?
Gunkan: That's irrelevant to what I have to say to you. See that blonde girl? She's my servant.
Snake: So, you've sent her with orders to kill me? What do you want!!??
Gunkan: Wrong. I've sent her to invite you to my legion. You see, Im on a quest to take over the world and make it into a more respectable place after my horrible past with a man named Bobobo. I've gathered around many men to help me, much thanks to that girl Suzu. And you can be part of the legion, one of my top men.
Snake: No thanks. Got the US to protect from freaky terroists like yourself and that girl.
Gunkan: You haven't even heard the half of it. You know that girl Suzu? She essentially does everything for me. All the men I own are my good buddies. We have parties whenever there's nothing important to do. No rules. Got a birthday? We'll go nightclubbing.
Snake: That sounds cool, but not with that girl.
Gunkan: She doesn't come along. No girls allowed.
Snake: Do we get to meet up with sexy women?
Gunkan: Hell yeah, over half my men have already gotten laid. And you can too.
Snake: Huh, that would sure beat doing all these missions. What's the catch?
Gunkan: Work under my soldiers defending my fortress and invading cities.
Snake: Still not sure.
Gunkan: We allow smoking and crack.
Snake: We got a deal.
Gunkan: Good, go up to Suzu and tell her that you want to join. She'll teleport you to me, and we can get things sorted out.
Snake: About her...
Gunkan: She obeys my every order. She has no choice, that girl is very easy to manipulate, I took her hopes and dreams and molded them into accepting my will. You don't even have to worry about transport. She'll teleport you wherever you want to go. You can even contact me through your codec so I can tell her to pick you up. Stealth missions have never been easier!
Otacon: Snake, don't do it!
Snake: Otacon, you could join too.
Otacon: Gunkan is evil. He hates America!
Snake: I don't care.
Otacon: I wish I could say to you that his promise was a false one, but I can't.
Snake: All the better. Im going with him to party.
Otacon: Snake? Are you there? SNNAAAAAAAAAAAKKKEEE!!!!
Snake: What?
Otacon: Do you want to hang around that girl you hate so much for the rest of your life?
Snake: No.
Otacon: Then don't go.
Snake: Hmmm. I might think about it for a while before deciding. Having to decide this in the middle of battle isn't a good idea.
Otacon: Come to think of it, the Codec should have ended when I yelled out Snake in desperation, since that's the cliffhanger bit of the Codec. Oh well, screw the whole thing.

The extra stuff from other people's movesets:
You know that stuff that you guys put in your sets that lists a bunch of characters for, like a Final Smash effect? I've done that here. I've tried to get as many down as possible and not miss out on anything. And If I have and you want it listed, tell me. 100% sure Im the absolute first to do this.
Shanoa's New Power - Shanoa by Marthtrinity: Neutral Special
Shanoa gains a new power in the form of teleportation (whatever it's name in Latin is), colored WHITE. Staying true to most of her Glyph moves being projectiles, this new power allows Shanoa to teleport in front of a foe and deliver a powerful magical blast which does 18% KOing at 90% - providing the foe is no more than 1/2 FD in front of Shanoa. Even staying true to Suzu's playstyle, this move is a dangerous approaching force,but has some punishing lag, meaning that it's a risky move to perform. Then again, it's also versatile, allowing for a recovery against gimpers.

Random meaningless move.

Kefka's Art - Kefka by Spadefox: Pummel
Kefka has much disrespect for Suzu, drawing a fake moustache on her face to make her look like a man. The villain of FF6 has answered the call of yaoi. That which I do not agree of.

The Dragonfly's Comment of Justice - The Dragonfly by TWILTHERO: Side Special
"You'll pay for making me think you're a boy when you're actually a girl. The only saving grace you have is your hair!"

Doc's Conversation with Little Mac - Little Mac by Marthtrinity: Down B
Doc: "This guy fights with dirty tricks Mac, baby! Wait, is that "he" a "she"?

Oliver's Beauty Rank List - Oliver by kirbywizard: Standard
Oliver ranks Suzu as being one of "The Beautiful People". No surprise there since most female characters will get on that list. Just had to mention it here.

Mercuried to Death, how Pennywise exploits Suzu.(Pennywise by BKupa666: Final Smash)

Suzu is certainally not fearless. She can become wracked with fear if the occasion is right, such as fighting a revered foe. But against IT, irony is the ultimate fear.

When it comes to food for Suzu, all is lost. As for Pennywise, he brings out a large plate of seafood, gesturing to Suzu that it's up for grabs. She happily agrees, devouring the food in record time. Unfortunately for her, the food was coated in deadly poison, making the teen girl very sick. Pennywise then creeps behind Suzu to claim his prize.

Except that the whole thing was just a nightmare. Too bad for IT.

Creature Scan by Samus (Samus Remake by JOE: Extra)

FULL NAME: Suzu

FAMILY: Unknown

BACKGROUND: Bobobo-bobo-bobo (By Yoshio Sawai), Shonen Jump (2001)
SPECIES: Human
BIRTH DATE: 2983 (No seriously, The first part of Bobobo takes place in the year 3001)
LIKES: Food, being supportive, Bobobo's team, Beauty (A character in the series, not the concept of being beautiful mind you)
DISLIKES: Halekulani, possibly her boss Gunkan (MaYbE)
ABILITIES: Limited but powerful psychic abilities, deadly appetite, above average physical strength
STRENGTHS: Element of surprise, limitless battle options
WEAKNESSES: Sometimes easily distracted
SMASH STATISTICS: Average in most aspect, light frame
STRATEGY: Im not telling you how to beat Suzu. If Samus tries to uncover this secret, her scan visor will explode

Stages

The world of Bobobo has many areas that Bobobo and his friends visit. Some are rather wacky, though they don't have a huge impact in battle. Though there are some which are very fun.

Credit goes to Kid Sonic of the Bobobo Wikia for uploading the images. I don't take credit for any of it. Also thanks to Onemanga members for uploading the Bobobo-bobo-bobo manga I know and love.

Hallejuah Land

The theme park that the gang went to for Episode 36-43, Hallelujah Land would be considered the universal stage for Bobobo in my eyes.

The stage starts off as an average-sized walk-off (top left image) where many people can be seen walking around having fun. After about 20 seconds, the stage begins to scroll sideways. From here, you can end up at 4 different locations, as the above images show. The stage stays at one of the 4 areas for 1.5 minutes before leaving to the next. Oh, and you can choose these 4 areas as seperate stages from stage select since some of them are really fun.

The first one is the Kid's Area (top middle image). It's a standard walk-off just like the main area you start off at with the exception of a few children's rides that might get in the way, but these can be destryoed with a few hits. Oh, and this isn't called "Kid's Area" for nothing. The moment you enter, all organic beings revert to being kids. This essentially gives your character stat changes akin to Link = Toon Link, though this varies from character to character. Oh, and if you're using a evolutionary Pokemon, it'll revert them to their lowest stage. This might change their moveset, or majorly nerf them, such as Beautifly to Wurmple. This is really the only chance you'll get to play as kid forms, so make the most of it (hence why I said you could choose from the SSS).

The second area is the theatre. Another walk-off, you're fighting on the stage itself. Unfortunately, the stage itself is only as big as Flat Zone, giving you little room. In addition, the crowd has consequences on the battle: if the players perform a lot of close combat and combos, they are rewarded with food items and stickers, and occasionally Smash Balls. But if they be cheap and camp or stall infinitely, the crowd boos them, and they have the right to throw tomatoes, pianos and other painful objects at you, inflicting various damages from 2-17% and KOing up to 100%. To reap the rewards, you must fight close up.

3rd is Climb High Tower. This isn't a walk-off, but rather the stage begins to slowly scroll upwards, just like in that DK Brawl Stage (forgot the name). The only thing you have supporting you are a bunch of drop-through platforms randomly assorted throughout the stage. 1/3rd of these platforms trigger certain traps, these mostly being buff downs, spikes, fire, or even minion summoning tools. The placement of these trap platforms changes each time you play, so this makes an incredibly fun stage to play on. And some of the platforms provide buffs, so those cheap flying characters can't get them. That's what they get for being cheap.

Finally, Money Castle. A walk-off stage with no gimmicks. Except that random people pass by every 3 seconds that you can use as shields if you are that mean. There's really nothing to be afraid of here, simply fight fight fight and maybe you can use a person as a shield. They have 15HP and killing one counts as a KO, so you could win a timed match without killing your foe. The humans can also be converted by character's mechanics or attacks, so note that this stage can work well for characters such as Voldermort.

The Pomade Ring

This beast of a airship is Gunkan's fortress, starring in Episodes 18-20. Essentially this is Suzu and Gunkan's (if I ever get a set out for him) home stage.

Despite the angle of the image, you are actually fighting on top of the ring, which has the width of Bridge of Eldin, but it's a floating stage and such has ledges, and the capability of being able to go under the stage. Even though the Ring is a ring, it does not affect gameplay or grahpics whatsoever.

There are a few gimmicks to this stage. First off, the Pomade Ring will fly over certain parts of the Bobobo world (that of which only I am familiar with) as a nice view when battling. I said few, didn't I? Yep, you may note that when fighting, the stage itself can be damaged. It has a total of 250HP. Should it fall, the players will be transported to the inside of the Ring regardless of their location thanks to destroying the Ring's roofing. Anyone remember Mushroomy Kingdom? This new location is kind of like that, except with no obstacles and the top blast zone is only 3/4 as tall. After 30 seconds of aimless wandering, the stage returns to it's normal form...somehow.

Gunkan's minions

In options mode, you get a special option allowing you to have enemies spawn in certain stages. On either of the above stages, the minions of below will randomly appear in a certain timeframe of 3+ seconds based on your own accordance. Up to 4 sets of enemies may appear at a time, but 2 of the same can never exist at a time. Gunkan's minions will attack anybody except Gunkan himself (if I ever get that far, just saying).

Hair Hunters

Hair Hunters are the subordinates in terms of Bobobo villains since the bad guys are Hair Hunters. Hair Hunters are incredibly weak, having only 5HP and performing weak punches and kicks on par with a easy mode Primid's attacks (and movement for that matter). They usually come in groups of 8-12, but they are still no match for the power of your character. I also lied when I said they discriminate, they only attack foes who have hair on their head. B**tards.

Gunkan's Special Forces

These fellas are the soldiers of Gunkan, the villain mentioned in this set beforehand. Despite their appearances, they are as weak as Hair Hunters and only appear in foursomes. But they keep coming, one by one. They last until 400 have been defeated. Sounds unbelieveable, but they're so weak they shouldn't be able to cause you much trouble, especially only appearing in 4s. Also, they sometimes use guns like they do on the video if you're far away, but the bullets do 1% with no flinching so it's nothing to be worried about.

Ochazuke Alien

Also known as Mean Green Soup Alien in the English, this guy appeared in Episodes 5 and 14 (14 is a horrible Episode) as Gunkan's assassin. He can fire a beam that can make people obsessed with rice bean soup.

Ochazuke is around DDD's size, has 45HP, only takes flinch, and is actually quite random. When he appears, he'll hold up an image of a person (you can't see it because the camers doesn't zoom in that far) and say "Excuse me, have any of you seen this troublemaker? He must be stopped because he refuses to eat rice bean soup! Not with....." from here, Ochazuke Alien enters a tantrum, doing 3% with GTFO to people who touch him as he repetitively blurts out random foods to accompany his last sentence, such as chocolate. Ochazuke will do this for about 5 seconds before stopping, but a higher priority attack will stop him prematurely. Ochazuke will only use this attack once, and during the moment he spawns.

The Alien also occasionally holds out rice bean soup in his hand every 6 seconds of the match (providing he's not using another attack during that time). Walk up to him and accept it with A to heal a nice 30% and gain Ochazuke's approval.

So. Ochazuke is actually good right? Just leave him out there and use him to heal. WRONG. Remember how I said he could make people obsessed with rice bean soup. Well here it comes....this effect works only on...SUMMONS AND MINIONS? Yup, I don't want to see Suzu obsessed with rice bean soup. And Im guessing that you don't want to see your beloved characters go silly. But that doesn't make this attack any less deadlier. To get to the point, any potent victims within a Smart Bomb of Ochazuke are shot at by his Ochazuke Beam. Once hit, the victim stops whatever they are doing and hysterically hop around on the spot, becoming hitboxes that do 3% with GTFO on the spot much like Ochazuke's first attack.

And if that wasn't deadly enough, if Ochazuke brings out his soup while victims of his beam exist, they will all make a mad dash towards Ochazuke in a race to get the soup, doing 11% KOing upwards at 170%. Those that can't move simply do more damage with their jumping: 7%. The one that reaches Ochazuke's soup are dismissed, but the ones that didn't....they go even more hysterical...all damage they can do is doubled, which can stack on if another summon reaches the soup. Kill Ochazuke to reverse the effects placed on the victims.

While that may not seem very good on it's own, be aware that other characters will be summoned during this time, and can become a deadly threat. Ochazuke is a big summon killer, so...............kill him as soon as possible.

Kabeo

Simply named Insurmountable Wall Man in the English, Kabeo is Gunkan's other assassin, appearing only in Episodes 9-10. He is able to absorb people into his wall-like body and use their abilities. Surprisingly enough, he might actually be the biggest Bobobo character....

Kabeo is more solid compared to Ochazuke, being a bit bigger than Bowser 100HP and Super Amour. His only attack is simply reaching out to grab you if you're 3/4 a SBB in front of him...he can't turn around luckily. His grab is also horribly slow, makes Yoshi's grab a speed demon. If you do get grabbed though, he will absorb you...and use any of your projectiles. Even now, you can still escape his stomach with 4X grab difficulty, but you shouldn't even enter there unless you are stupid.

Kabeo is probably the most harmless of all Gunkan's servants. The only problem is, if you camp, he will start taunting you, saying things like "You don't know how to use your power. Join me." or "I can use that power to a better extent." or "Hahahahahahaha" Big ahole. Kill him.

Gum

This piece of yoghurt-flavoured gum is one of Gunkan's Five Great Warriors (dubbed as Battleship 5 Quartet). It's just a random piece of gum lying on the floor with 1HP. The only problem is that it's so hard to see due to it's size. And that's the problem at hand. Anyone who steps on Gum cannot move, but can still attack, for 10 seconds. This kills Gum, and as a result, makes it incredibly annoying. Nuff said.

And that's enough for the minions.....get ready for.....

BOSS BATTLE - GUNKAN

It's him, Bobobo's rival and Suzu's boss, dubbed as Captain Battleship. He's an evil b+stard however, and my most hated Bobobo character of all, using Hanage Shinken (Fist of the Nosehair) as his weapon...yup, he uses nosehairs to fight. Gunkan exploits people for their weaknesses, lies about his background....all for the sake of taking over the world because he didn't get enough respect as a kid, and that Bobobo was chosen by a juice can as the 7th Master of the Nosehair. While he came to realise that he wasn't as evil as he though he was, the man still used Suzu, and now he must pay.

Gunkan stands as tall as Gannondorf, on the Pomade Ring in which you fight him. But the stage is different this time, as the stage does not have HP to transform, and you only take knockback upwards, as you cannot walk off-stage. Instead, there is actually an infinite amount of space to run due to the fact that the stage is a ring. If you end up 1.5 a Final Destination away from Gunkan, he will run towards you in an attempt to catch up. Sounds complicated, but it's quite simple: Gunkan won't allow you to run away.

Oh, and did I mention that you only have 1 stock? And that Gunkan has 200HP? Don't worry, it's not as challenging as you may think...

Hanage Shinken
  • Easily Gunkan's most basic attack. When you see him covered in a yellow aura, you'll know he's going to use it.
  • And once he does, nosehairs quickly fly out from the man's nose, reaching 1/2 of FD in front of him before slowly retracting back. Getting hit results in 9% KOing at 200%.
  • Gunkan's weakest attack, but easily his quickest. You can only really dodge this attack by not being in the middle of an attack. If you do manage to dodge it, Gunkan takes about 2 seconds to retract his nosehairs so you can use that time to attack him.
Ducktail Shot
  • Gunkan's ducktail slams into the ground

Smady

Smash Master
I'd like to thank everyone who voted Raiden into one of the two top spots - I'm amazed at how well he did! Losing to Acid Seaforce by a tie-breaker is a surprise, though, as I was prepared for lower top ten, with MW winning overall. I SV'd all the top seven bar Raiden and Ryuk, so it's uplifting to see them win, they deserve it.

Arthas should really have been up there or at least in the top ten. Also, there are a couple of lower top ten movesets that I don't think should be there, but it's honestly one of the best top fifties I've seen from the MYM History section on The Abyss, or maybe ever. It's a testament to how great this contest was in terms of quality and how well maintained it was by MW and his Sins. I hope that MYM6 continues this streak and I'll do all I can to make sure that happens.

Also, I SV'd Acid Seaforce almost unconsciously. It could easily have been a normal vote, at which point Raiden would have won. It certainly wasn't at the top of my list of SVs, but it's not an undeserving moveset at all. The closeness of this contest was such that every vote counted. Certainly, though, I will be paying close attention to my SVs next time. :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Congratulations to everyone in the contest, and if anyone voted for me, thank you :).

If I have one gripe with the list it would be that Lemmy should have been a tad higher, but that's mainly because it was my favourite set in the contest. That said, I am perfectly happy with the top 10, so well done you guys.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has ready for the next contest.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I personally think that Acid Seaforce was my best moveset, in any case, and I know Hyper_Ridley feels similarily. If you don't think so, you're entitled to your own opinion, but shouting "OMG U WON CUZ U LEFT, AHOLE, AND UR SET SUX" neither is the right way to comment. I really really doubt the Top 10 would've looked so much differently if I wouldn't have left.
I did not say that it won because you left, or that it was a bad set, I said that it COULD have contributed to the votes. And I also did not say htta the set was terrible, I said it was not his best, but not terrible.

I know you have your doubts, and I repeat: There might have been votes for him because I left, but I have this feeling those aren't insanely much. Additionally, keep in mind that there were 2 persons who couldn't vote for him (as I sent in votes, as well).
That's all I'm saying, a contribution, not the FULL reason.

Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? The Top 50 would look far different, though. Besides this, I didn't leave just for Seaforce to win.
I left because it's people like Baloo who vomit crap into my face everytime I see them because I don't get along with them.
I'm not even saying that you ONLY won because of leaving, I'm saying it may have contributed slightly!

I vomited crap in your face every time you posted?

Yeah, and the near-spam you posted on movesets wasn't. Like the time I make an un detailed comment on your moveset and you didn't even thank me, you just said the comment was terrible. Like the time you commented on Sebastian complaining that he named the Icon. Like the time you said you were really happy that Wizzard was making Tingle, and then he posts it and you complain about not being able to post your set.

I may have vomited crap in your face, but you vomited crap into the face of MYM.

But congratulation to everyone who won.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Ah Roolab.

Gidgit: Well, I hope you do. I know I will.....I'll barely be able to handle MYM6 as is. So many plans. Also, I'll also be doing Virgil next contest. FINALLY. Started then dropped by two people...(me and MY, if you must know). Anyways, CIAO.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yeah, and the near-spam you posted on movesets wasn't. Like the time I make an un detailed comment on your moveset and you didn't even thank me, you just said the comment was terrible.
Okay then, thanks for saying "That set was good". Besides this, you should've seen that I rarely thanked for comments - unlike I had to amend something - because I wanted to spare the thread unnecessary spam.

Like the time you commented on Sebastian complaining that he named the Icon.
That was a JOKE. Excuse me for trying to be funny.

Like the time you said you were really happy that Wizzard was making Tingle, and then he posts it and you complain about not being able to post your set.
Yes, I was happy, but I (privately, not openly in the thread) asked several people to post something (that even had content, mind you) so I could get the new page, and that wasn't even for my own sake but because HR prefers Post 1 on a page. I would've been content with the bottom of it, too.

I may have vomited crap in your face, but you vomited crap into the face of MYM.
You know... that's the worst thing you've ever posted. Do you know why? Because you don't even know crap about what I have done for this community.

I didn't really enjoy what I was doing. I did it because I had to, since it was my responsibility as a leader to review stuff. I enjoyed it in the beginning, but not anymore later.

I still continued to contribute to the thread - despite not really much - and still tried to be a good leader, not to mention the whole crap that I did backstage, with maintaining the moveset list, the review queue, and assigning people to do reviews and get **** done, sparking discussion about important topics (ending date, for instance). That's all I had done and that wouldn't have been done - or only half as dedicated - if I wouldn't have been slamming my fist on the table and get them to work.

And then I tell people to read the first ****ing post with the god**** rules and get **** into my face. Really, I didn't want to put up with this whole crap anymore. I poured my heart into this community, and instead of a "thanks" or "good work", I just get a "You ******* are yourself, GTFO".

So thank you, MYM. Thank you for absolutely NOT appreciating what I have done. What a crappy community, really.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Fin,e let's forget the whole comments thing. Th last part though...

I understand and appreciate all that you've done for MYM. You upheld the rules the most out of all the Sins. You were the most serious about MYM out of all the Sins in terms of getting stuff done. But maybe that was the problem.

Maybe you took it to seriously. I dunno. But just know, we did appreciate you, I just thought you could've operated differently. I shouldn't never brought up your relation to MYM. but seriously, it's just my opinion if I think that AS was not your or HR's best in MYM5.

So yeah, I appreciate all you've done, but lets not get into it. Otherwise it's another MYM Drama, and no one likes those. Congratulations on winning, blah blah blah.:)

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Uhhhh.....MYM itself hasn't insulted you, only some of the people in it. Also, people told you to lay off Katapultar because he's a newcomer.....and most don't read the first page of a thread that's already 100+ pages long.

So, you got tired of reviewing? Then don't review. Just make sets. If you don't want to, fine, leave. I won't say MYM will be better without you, as we need as many people as we can get right now, but really, it seems you're taking the opinions of a few people far too seriously.

Insulting the whole of MYM for the actions few is childish. Just ignore them and get on with it. It seems you're only looking at the negative. People DID chastise you, certainly, but others, like myself and H_R, are quite sad that one of our midst is leaving. I don't know you as well as H_R, but it seems you did contribute to the thread quite a bit. MYM would not be what it is today without you.

However, as I said, you seem to focus on the negative reviews/comments you receive, and just ignore the praises and requests to remain with us that are sent.

Yes, you did very well tell Katapultar to read the rules, but you were very harsh, much more so than, say, K.rool would have been. THAT is why you were scolded for it, not the fact that you said it, but the way you did so. I believe that you would be much more appreciated as a whole if you were a tad bit nicer.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
You know... that's the worst thing you've ever posted. Do you know why? Because you don't even know crap about what I have done for this community.

I didn't really enjoy what I was doing. I did it because I had to, since it was my responsibility as a leader to review stuff. I enjoyed it in the beginning, but not anymore later.

I still continued to contribute to the thread - despite not really much - and still tried to be a good leader, not to mention the whole crap that I did backstage, with maintaining the moveset list, the review queue, and assigning people to do reviews and get **** done, sparking discussion about important topics (ending date, for instance). That's all I had done and that wouldn't have been done - or only half as dedicated - if I wouldn't have been slamming my fist on the table and get them to work.

And then I tell people to read the first ****ing post with the god**** rules and get **** into my face. Really, I didn't want to put up with this whole crap anymore. I poured my heart into this community, and instead of a "thanks" or "good work", I just get a "You ******* are yourself, GTFO".

So thank you, MYM. Thank you for absolutely NOT appreciating what I have done. What a crappy community, really.
Dude, don't generalize. There are plenty of us who remember and appreciate your many contributions to the thread.

And Baloo, best drop it. Is it really worth starting up another drama because YOU PERSONALLY - and seemingly only you - don't like Acid Seaforce all that much? I, personally, don't think that Spade's leaving had anything to do with Seaforce winning. The thing got super votes from over half of MYM, that's not pity votes.

Just take it easy, is all I'm saying.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Uhhhh.....MYM itself hasn't insulted you, only some of the people in it. Also, people told you to lay off Katapultar because he's a newcomer.....and most don't read the first page of a thread that's already 100+ pages long.
The OP is usually the most important thing to read, no matter how long the thread.

So, you got tired of reviewing? Then don't review. Just make sets. If you don't want to, fine, leave.
It was my job to review because I was a leader. I HAD to review.

However, as I said, you seem to focus on the negative reviews/comments you receive, and just ignore the praises and requests to remain with us that are sent.
I don't ignore it, I just don't comment on it.

Yes, you did very well tell Katapultar to read the rules, but you were very harsh, much more so than, say, K.rool would have been. THAT is why you were scolded for it, not the fact that you said it, but the way you did so. I believe that you would be much more appreciated as a whole if you were a tad bit nicer.
I NEVEREVER said I would be nice in my whole time in this place. ESPECIALLY the people who know me during MYM3 and especially 4 know that I am harsh, but dead-honest. I NEVER use silk gloves and rub honey around anyone's mouth. I say what I think and that's it. If you are to much of a wussy to survive it, well, okay.

What I don't want, though, is getting called power-hungry and getting corrupted by said power if I didn't even want it. I didn't even want to be a Sandbag/Sin back when MYM4 ended, but MasterWarlord convinced me to become one. So I did what I wouldn't have wanted to do.
Besides this, I would've told Katapultar the same even if I wouldn't have been a sin.

But whatever. I have enough of newcomers judging on my personality that they don't even know or older users that are blinded for whatever reason.
There are a few people in here that are cool, but I've never felt so unappreciated and disliked than in MYM, especially since I did something I didn't want to do, and that was even before I left.

As last statement: Yes, I did take it seriously, but that's because I take EVERY responsibility seriously.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I just did drop it. <_<

All I said was that I thought there were other movesets that deserved it more, and he blew up at me.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Spade, I meant come back next contest, but not as a Leader....not just stop your duties. I mean, if you've just lost the moveset momentum, that's different. And I can handle mean, if you were in the chat you'd see I can be pretty mean myself, but other people can't. If you just don't care about them, then whatever.

I'm not judging you in the slightest. I'm just saying that you would be a lot more popular and generally more liked by the thread if you were nicer to them. That's how most things work.

As a final, I never called you power-hungry. I don't think I've said you were corrupted by power, but I may be mistaken. True, I didn't know you very well, but I think you're taking this too far. It's only a select few people that want you gone, not the entire thread. I know K.rool doesn't want you to leave, just by his comment below. Truthfully, it's your decision when it comes down to it, not ours. It's your life. If you deem us too inferior or unimportant, then just leave.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Spade, I meant come back next contest, but not as a Leader....not just stop your duties. I mean, if you've just lost the moveset momentum, that's different. And I can handle mean, if you were in the chat you'd see I can be pretty mean myself, but other people can't. If you just don't care about them, then whatever.
Yes, I have no more inspiration to make movesets. That's past.

I'm not judging you in the slightest. I'm just saying that you would be a lot more popular and generally more liked by the thread if you were nicer to them. That's how most things work.
By being nice, I risk getting abused, and people who see past my harshness will appreciate my honesty and me as a person. K.Rool, Kibble, Hyper_Ridley, MasterWarlord and several other people who are saddened by my leave are those people who were able to see past that bluntness of mine and know why I am blunt, as well. Those who want me gone wouldn't ever take the time to get to know me better, quite the contrary. That was proven by the fact they attacked the 1st placed moveset I was part of creating for getting there because of pity-bias and saying that I have changed while I never did.

As a final, I never called you power-hungry. I don't think I've said you were corrupted by power, but I may be mistaken. True, I didn't know you very well, but I think you're taking this too far. It's only a select few people that want you gone, not the entire thread.
These comments - made by Kholdstare, SkylerOcon, Baloo and I think SmashDaddy as well - were what made me leave the contest. I wasn't talking about right now. Getting called a powerhungry dictator for pouring my heart into a responsibility I didn't even want to begin with hurt me deeply. So I just left.
Not that I would've posted too much more movesets in MYM6 anyway, rather none than many.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you're truly dedicated to leaving the contest, I doubt any of us can stop you. No matter what they say, though, I never really thought of you as power-hungry. Maybe as the most serious Sin, the one who honestly took his duties to the grave, but not really as a power-hungry maniac. If anything, that's Warlord.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
1) Sakurai (TheSundanceKid)
2) Alphonse Elric (MasterWarlord)
3) Raiden (Smash Daddy)
5) Ryuk (MasterWarlord)
6) Arthas (Chris Lionheart)
7) The Kid (agidius)
9) Metal Man (Plorf)
10) Bowser Jr (Bkupa666)
11) Scar and the Hyenas (BKupa666)
15) May (SirKibble)
20) Team Rocket (Junahu)
21) Elias (SirKibble)
22) Bubble Man (agidius)
24) Acid Seaforce (Spadefox)
25) Hyatt (MarthTrinity)
26) Richard (SirKibble)
30) Hypno (Tanookie)
31) Airman (agidius)
32) Mia (Tanookie)
33) Ashe (Spadefox)
34) Gluttony (MasterWarlord)
35) Missingno (MasterWarlord)
36) Steven Stone (Various)
37) MYM Man (SirKibble)
40) Tingle (Wizzerd)
41) Sebastian (BKupa666)
42) Animal Crosser (SirKibble)
48) Fatman (MasterWarlord)
49) Hero Prinny (Emergency)
50) Sil'fer (Shake~)
THE MYM 5 TOP 50

1) Acid Seaforce (Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox) Yus
2) Raiden (Smash Daddy) Yus
3) Alphonse Elric (MasterWarlord) Yus

4) Miracle Matter (KingK.Rool) Yus
5) Ryuk (MasterWarlord) Yes
6) Cutesy Beau (Junahu) No
7) The Kid (agidius) No
8) Mewthree (Hyper_Ridley) YESH
9) Metal Man (Plorf) No
10) Bowser Jr (Bkupa666) No

11) Arthas (Chris Lionheart) -_-
15) May (SirKibble)
16) Roy Mustang (Chris Lionheart) -_-
20) Team Rocket (Junahu)

21) Elias (SirKibble)
22) Bubble Man (agidius)
24) Sakurai (TheSundanceKid)
25) Hyatt (MarthTrinity)
26) Richard (SirKibble)
30) Hypno (Tanookie)

31) Airman (agidius)
32) Mia (Tanookie)
33) Ashe (Spadefox)
36) Steven Stone (MarthTrinity, MasterWarlord, Hyper_Ridley, Chris Lionheart, SirKibble, SkylerOcon)
37) MYM Man (SirKibble)
40) Tingle (Wizzerd)

41) Sebastian (BKupa666)
48) Ekans (KingK.Rool)
49) Nature (Horiin)
50) Sil'fer (Shake~)

Enjoy!
I must say that I liked Lord Sakurai's list better than the real one (well, minus that abomination at the top of Lord Sakurai's list). Overall, this was rather disappointing. Losing the top 10 but one vote was definitely not the highlight of my time in this contest. Oh well... there is always next contest. I've already got my winner in the works. And hopefully there won't be extremely overrated sets in the top 10 next time.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Baloo, Spadefox, you boys better stop this fighting right now or I will turn this car around.

And we won't go to Disneyland.

emergency

Smash Journeyman

Since I won't see Spadefox for a fairly long time, and or never.

Farewell, buddy! Let life be with good fortunes.

You guys can hate me for saying my farewells to any person that is leaving MYM. I'll take the blame. (chew)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom