• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I paid and signed up and all that. I put the pick up destination as Palmdale Park&Drive. Consider that Union Station if that just seems to work for everyone or yeah.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Who's out at UC Santa Barbara?
Yeah, who is out in the Santa Barbara Area other than myself?
None of the UCSB people are even there, and it looks like I am the only one from that area coming.
I live right off 101, the bus should totally just drive to my house.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
UCSB is a public place, and people that live closer to SB than Union Station can stop by there, but if it's only one person...

*mad scientist laughter*

Kira-

Smash Champion
Hmm, Pat's House is right after the 101, I think it'd be better if we just had the Union Station stop and then added another one further south like in Anaheim, or at the Spectrum in Irvine. I'll have to look at what you all put down for favorable stops.
Anaheim! Lot's of 714 / 949 people need to get picked up! As long as there's a place I can park my car there!

[edited out] Nevermind!

also mad thanks to oats for organizing all of this, it's a big hassle and the time and work is greatly appreciated (makes things easy for us)

Lovage

Smash Hero
so i hear theres a bunch of TVs but they all hook up to one master system so we can only do one thing at once. i guess it's probably the best to just watch a movie or something. but if were gonna play smash, play brawl so it will help me fall asleep

Lovage

Smash Hero
also...

everyone is looking forward to big smashing in the hotel rooms....but aren't those TV's gonna have those AV restrictions so u cant plug your own stuff in? if so, that would mean people on the bus would have to bring TVs if they plan to smash in the hotel over the 4 nights... is anyone planning to bring TVs on the bus? is there space for luggage in the bottom of the bus?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
There is space for luggage at the bottom of the bus, so you could put a tv in there, if you wanted to bring one for your rooms; I'll contact the manager at the hotel and see if we can bypass the analog hook-ups and use the hotel room tvs.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Thanks for the reply, Professor!
(I think I'll just leave it all up to Typh! <3)

Um, How much does the Friday night trip to San Francisco cost? :] :] :]

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Hey Oats, did you get my email (daniellee912@gmail.com) and my hotel reg (under alias 'tafokints')? Also, did you want me to just give you $67 (65 + 2 fee) directly into your paypal account?

Let me know, so I can pay on time

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Yes. You can Mario.

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE NEED TO FILL OUT THE ****ING RIDER INFORMATION SHEET.

HugS
Gabe
mikeHAZE
Embrace the 12
Romeo

CHECK THIS PAGE. IF ANYWHERE BY YOUR NAME THERE IS A "NO" IN RED AND IT DOES NOT INVOLVE THE HOTEL PARTY BUS, THEN YOU NEED TO ****ING PAY.

FILL OUT THE HOTEL GROUP SHEET SOON, BECAUSE I'M GOING TO PUT YOU IN THE DEATH ROOM WITH A BUNCH OF SMELLY PEOPLE + THE BUS DRIVER. I DON'T CARE.

That is all.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hey oats, i need to talk to you about timing/pickup locations...do you have AIM? or do you want me to email you

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Oats, I paid for Atlus already. I'll be paying for myself soon.

Connor, am I still paying the rest for you, or are you going to pay the rest yourself with that visa gift card thing? I need to know.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Oats, I'm not getting a hotel through you. I'm rooming with AZ people separately.

--Tee ay eye on KIra's account

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Oats, I paid for Atlus already. I'll be paying for myself soon.

Connor, am I still paying the rest for you, or are you going to pay the rest yourself with that visa gift card thing? I need to know.
can you pay for the rest of me and then I pay it all back at/after Genesis?

Kira-

Smash Champion
I was just curious. god dam! I'll be happy with staying in the hotel room practicing my melee. dumb old people :(

-Connor (minor)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Please Pay Off Your Payments. I Do Not Want To Start Calling People To Remind Them. Today Is The Deadline. And If There Are Way Too Many People Paying Late, Then I Will Start Adding Additional Costs Starting With $5.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'll try to pay it off tonight. If not, then I'll more than likely do so Sunday.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Any hotel groups need an extra person? I'm signing up through Oats, but need a group. I'm the guy that goes to UCLA tournaments a decent amount (tafokints, sheik player). I'm pretty chill.

Hugs's group? Aussies?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
The Following People Have Not Paid (And I'm Going to Hunt You)

Dantarion
Kouryuu
Romeo (please e-mail me @ sdsmash@gmail.com)
mikeHAZE

Everyone else that has not paid has e-mailed me personally, and we have private arrangements for them to pay me, I just have not received it from them yet.

Here is a quick Update though:

Today I'm working on organizing hotel groups; I just need confirmation/info from Race's Group and Jem's Group and then I'll have all the groups done. Also, later on today I'll be making ANOTHER FORM (muahahahaha) to create a music playlist, a video game funlist, and etc that you all would like to play or listen to on the bus.

Basically we're on the home stretch, and I'd like for you guys to start hyping this stuff up. Because I'm pretty hyped (and I think I just got over the stress last night).

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hotel Groups Finalized

sorry for the double post, but I'd just like to announce that...

The Hotel Groups are, for all intents and purposes, DONE. Check them out HERE

Read This Below, PLEASE (ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HOTEL GROUPS):
Detailed on the page are the hotel groups for this Genesis Trip. Group names are up top, and then there is the number of people per group. If you have a RED number, that just means you have to get in contact with me because the amount of people in your room MAY be a problem (unless you're ok with that many people in there.) The room types are named below the amount of people per room, and then we have the group leaders. The group leaders are responsible for their groups, and these will be the people I will talk to so that they can talk on behalf of their group. If you don't like the leadership role, tough cookies, that's what you get. No trade backs. If you don't like your group for whatever reason, e-mail me. I'll try my best to move them around, but for the most part, this is what you guys are stuck with. I'd recommend hitting up these people ahead of time through Smashboards or AllisBrawl, and coordinating stuff (snacks, set-ups to play in rooms, just in case, etc.) Hope you guys have fun. Because I sure will. - <3 Oats.

All that's left is pick-up times and stuff.

Top Bottom