• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheap's peach (need help)

_Keno_

Smash Lord

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just some random tips:

NEVER charge usmash (unless on the ledge). At least with fsmash they might run into the brunt of it. No one is ever going to run into the microscopic hitbox of an usmash. Needs more usmash overall though, especially against Snake.

NEVER go into the capsule on Norfair.

Try to incorporate short hopping your aerials - it's always float -> fair with you.

I thought your CP against MK could have been better. The MK was completly suicidal the two matches before and you take him to a stage that would save him from making recovery mistakes? No no, do you have Green Greens legal in your area? Take him there. If not, go Final Destination or Pokemon Stadium and camp his ***.

The way you challenge MK's dsmash is giving me palpitations. It's completely ridiculous you make it work. xD

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hehe, after rewatching my vids, I do use up-smash at poor times, and never at the good times, and I f-smash not enough (in comparison w/ other peaches).

I had never played on norfair before, and I realized that after I started ****** me. =(

Well, I mainly only float moves because Melee peach uses float-cancel, and I play melee peach quite a bit. It would be nice for me to learn how to properly use short-hops I suppose.

I actually did think my counterpick through, and decided it would be easy to camp the middle on that level since he was so aggressive. I had a really good lead on him until I got gimped at a really strange angled up-b.

And thanks lol

Also, I have a question. Does peach's fair or bair, or anything usable in the air, beat out MK's tornado? At the end he kept spamming it, and it was hard to get to the ground.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Norfair is terrible to fight MK on, unless you abuse turnip free pulls and run away the entire match pulling free turnips. A new strategy I developed there, runs the timer out and gets your opponent reeaaally mad. XD

Nothing beats MK's tornado in the air except landing a dair on top in the center. >_>

Save your jump to avoid the nado.

That MK was kind of ehhhh... he didn't know how to fight Peach at all. He kept dropping his shield during your dair, when he could have waited and nair'd OOS or up-B'd. And he didn't use tornado every time you jumped.

You had kind of the right idea- run away and make him approach, you can't approach MK.

You are really good at technical aspects of Peach- you don't need help there. But this isn't Melee- such things have less importance. You need to work on your spacing. You misspaced more fairs (hitting too high on the shield and getting shieldgrabbed, or hitting the ground and not getting the autocanecl) than you landed properly, and the Snake punished you for it way better than the MK by simply grabbing/ftilting every time (where the MK kept dropping his shield LOL). You also panicked when he had all the grandes out. Remember, shield beats the explosives. You need to work on your float spacing a bit too, but I'd focus on fair and avoiding kill moves. Other than the first stock, the Snake utilted you out of your float every stock on both matches. Learn to space to avoid utilt and you can live to 150-200% in that matchup.

EDIT: also, stop spotdodging randomly while shielding things. It got you killed on Japes. Remember:
Shield beats attack. Grab beats shield. Spotdodge beats grab. Attack beats spotdodge. Don't spotdodge when you expect another attack. Same goes for rolls.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
correct me if im wrong....u can cancel the tornado with her up A too. did that a few times

ohh in the air
nair and f air work........somtimes

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
At the right angle, any of Peach's aerials can break through the tornado. I've been facing some MKs recently, and found this to be true. Even fair can go through, and normal turnips from that same angle, too, which is hilarious enough for me. ^_^;

Oh, and if the tornado is grounded, use Toad or ftilt alongside fsmash. Or if they're coming up from below a platform with it(I dunno why they would), dtilt at an angle, or ftilt/dsmash when they're below will work, too.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nothing beats MK's tornado in the air except landing a dair on top in the center. >_>
No it does not. You try doing this and you will get caught in it. If that was the case, it would never be a problem to begin with.

As for metas Tornado. I have done this a few times by mistake. But it is hard. Fair can clap meta out of the tornado. From what I remember, You have to aim to the top and left/right of the move to hit him out of it. its a certain area I have not figured out yet. And Her Fair is disjointed so hard to pin point where the heck it is. I'm gonna picture what I did in my head to clap him out of it and find that sweet spot.

As for vid advice, youtube is acting stupid here, so when I go to my friends house I'll check it out there.

D

Deleted member

if you just react and block or chase him when you don't have to block, you shouldn't have much difficulty hitting him.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Dark, what are you talking about? Dair in the center beats nado. Of course, if you land that, the MK spaced it wrong. But it still beats it >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Prove that Dair beats that move. Nado has too much proirity for her Dair, and her Dair is 4 chanined kicks that are weak. Every time I dair him from the center nothing happens.

I want some proof of this.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Prove that Dair beats that move. Nado has too much proirity for her Dair, and her Dair is 4 chanined kicks that are weak. Every time I dair him from the center nothing happens.

I want some proof of this.
Sorry dark you're wrong, tornado has virtually no priority at the top which is y the mk spaces it so that you don't get there.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
dair can hit Meta Knight from the upper center of his tornado, but if you land it then it's completely his fault.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I want some vid of this. Praxis is saying the center, and Mikey is telling me aim for the diagonal tops of the tornado. So what is it? Cause from what I know going dead center of that move with Dair is not stopping it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Diagonal tops work for her nair and bair, while dair needs to be directly above. Using dair is not a good idea seeing as how Meta Knights coming from directly below with a tornado are either rare, stupid, or both.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then this might explain how I was able to hit that moves with Fair. And when I did that a few times by mistake, I knew something was up. So wanted to look into it.

But as for Dair, I never once clapped a meta out of nado with it. I had metas Nado below me while I Dair and they just catch me in it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
cheap...mix up your approaches.

you don't ALWAYS have to approach in the air.
peach has tricks like turnip throw to grab or turnip throw to dash attack

on our first match, my main strategy was to just run up to you, shield your floated aerial, and then punish you...
you were a lot more patient the second match which is why you did better, plus it was a better stage.

also you missed like 80 percent of your auto cancels when you faired...or at least it seemed that way. I shouldnt be able to shield grab your fair i'm pretty sure. space it right and autocancel it. its tricky because if you end the fair before you hit the ground I can grab you...you have to end the fair just as you hit the ground. but mix it up. your approach was mostly throw turnip, float, dair/fair...almost every time

also, mix up your responses to snake d-throw. you almost never want to do a get up attack as your first response, because almost all snakes are going to shield, ftilt. and thats 21 damage right there. some snakes that are better at dthrow tech chasing will regrab and try to keep chasing you,b ut I prefer to just take the damage when i can get it. just keep that in mind.

also, just learn snakes moves. Hint: up tilt is completely broken.
e.g would you float right in front of marth like that. no because he has a sword, you'd give yourseslf more space. do the same thing against snake. snakes up tilt has more or less the same range as marth's (non tipper) f-smash (except its quicker and stronger). did I mention that it's broken.

Top Bottom