• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Hopeless

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Master Knight DH has saved us all!

We are no longer held down by the oppresion of Pit players! All three of them worldwide!

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Master Knight DH has saved us all!

We are no longer held down by the oppresion of Pit players! All three of them worldwide!
I'm still concerned about the pit matchup. He's high tier in Japan, probably because he beats ROB at the HIGHEST levels of play. Maybe not until then... but I'm just worried.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not hopeless.

Today, I checked to see if ROBs really could fight through Pit's freaking arrows. Turns out that not only can you really do so (although it's still annoying), but ROB has an *insane* advantage at close range. Throw in a few good jumps and Pit is in serious trouble. Why? Let me elaborate: against Pit, ROB's attacks have an edge in priority, range, power, you name it. And ROB himself takes a while to kill on top of that. Get through the arrows and Pit is basically dead. The neutral air is particularly handy in making Pit helpless against your assault, not to say ROB hasn't other moves to give payback for the arrows, they're just more like deploying infantry or Humvees or artillery, really. (Ay yai yai, talk about a Skill Gate Character. Yes, I know, that is still a YKTTW, but I set it up to stop the bloody debate about Meta Knight on Game Breaker.)

And Meta Knight? He relies on being the Death Of A Thousand Cuts to make others' lives miserable. But he has no projectiles, so if he hits you, that's because he got close to you. He can't force you to approach, and meanwhile, if he's far away, you can be a firin' your l4z0r to bait him, since if he doesn't kill you, which he has to approach for, he will inevitably die unless he can somehow dodge all day. Plus you yourself already won't die at any quick pace against most characters, while Meta Knight relies on attack strings to cause that to virtually anybody. Do the math.
i hate calling people out but wow this is just a bad post lol

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So HolyNightmare just won OiN using only ROB and had to beat the best MK in Canada in Winner's Finals and Grand Finals to do it...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So HolyNightmare just won OiN using only ROB and had to beat the best MK in Canada in Winner's Finals and Grand Finals to do it...
I'd be more inclined to believe that Holy is leagues ahead of King Ace or King Ace is bad before believing ROB had a chance against MK =P

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB can beat MK (I still do all the time), but it's when both characters are fully knowledged in the matchup playing at the peak of their skill that ROB can not win.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol you should hear holy ***** about how annoying it is to fight metaknights... he just goes on and on

point is, if you're just better than your opponent, you will win... Holy's R.O.B. is currently better thank KingAce's Metaknight... that's really all this can possibly prove in the end...

if you think that Ace isn't good, that's fine. If you think holy is godly, that's also fine. I'm of the opinion that they are both solid players, and know their characters extremely well...

buenob

Smash Lord
lol a common misconception... I'll be the first to admit that ally is the best, but to put such a gap between holy and the rest would not be correct... and to increase the gap between ally and holy would also not be correct

it's kinda hard to sit here and be talked down to, though it's just opinions and really I don't think there has been a real mix of skill lately so there haven't been any definitive results... (canada vs. us)

when there's finally a large northern tournament (that doesn't fail lolz) we'll see :)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Just check the GTA+Niagara PR thread in the Canada section, put Ally above them and Holy tied with KingAce. After that it's pretty accurate (the other regions generally aren't as strong), although Buenob and Swordgard should be in there somewhere too.

Oath.

Smash Ace
i personally like fighting mks with rob. its interesting and very hard for me but thats what makes it fun.. i mean OF COURSE im not gonna beat a really good mk with rob unless they like SD or something. i usually get ***** in my region by Korn and Forte, its saddening

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Forte is so aggressive its fun to play against him lol. I took him to 3rd match almost last hit last time i played him. Korn on the other hand I find a lot harder to play against as a ROB.

Oath.

Smash Ace
Forte is so aggressive its fun to play against him lol. I took him to 3rd match almost last hit last time i played him. Korn on the other hand I find a lot harder to play against as a ROB.
true forte is aggressive, he has a different mk i would say. korn on the other hand. no winning (well for me atleast..)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Holy, post #105
I think I see the confusion, I thought you saying "nice lie" was in regards to your entire quote.
No prob.

T0MMY

Smash Master
lol, sorry, I hardly come on these boards.
I wish you were at Genesis ([TT]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wow. BYAA! is BAD! o_O

He basically fell for every trick ROB has, one after the other. It's like Chibo had a checklist and Byaa had a helmet to make sure he didn't hurt himself when he fell down.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol gotta agree with OS on this one... maybe BYAA! isn't bad, just doesn't know the matchup well (ie. not a top player because he doesn't know every matchup yet... even more evidence would be the 3stock first game, followed by a closer one...

anywho, what this does prove is that MK can't just beat a good rob player... if there's a difference in skill, the better player will win

Deadweight

Smash Ace
lol gotta agree with OS on this one... maybe BYAA! isn't bad, just doesn't know the matchup well (ie. not a top player because he doesn't know every matchup yet... even more evidence would be the 3stock first game, followed by a closer one...

anywho, what this does prove is that MK can't just beat a good rob player... if there's a difference in skill, the better player will win
There has to be a lack of matchup experience for this to be true :3

Sudai

Stuff here
There has to be a lack of matchup experience for this to be true :3
I mean, a complete scrub could have 3000 hours of match-up experience and you have 0 hours of match-up experience, but if they sit there and spam Dimensional Cape (not of the infinite variety) all day then you're gonna **** them. Hands down. I'd say that's a moment of Skill > Match-up experience. :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If the scrub had 3000 hours of matchup exp then they wouldnt spam DC...

If the MK has experience in the ROB matchup, the player can be of considerably worse skill than the ROB and win.

And matchup experience showed true in the match. Every match got closer and closer to where I almost lost as ROB. If it wasn't the case, then I should have 3 stocked him every match, or at least 2 stocked him.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Exactly. Back at Final Smash '08 at the same venue as SCS, I two stocked BYAA! both matches, yet he goes and wins the whole thing. Actually, are there ANY ROBs in Ohio?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Exactly. Back at Final Smash '08 at the same venue as SCS, I two stocked BYAA! both matches, yet he goes and wins the whole thing. Actually, are there ANY ROBs in Ohio?
*cough* And OS, kinda.

If I'm not mistaken, BYAA! is in the Cleveland area and doesn't typically travel much, though. The only MK I regularly even have a chance to play is Capem's MK in Springfield... and OS, kinda.

I need a counterpick for OS, an MK player who knows ROB like the back of his hand. :embarrass

Hey, when did I pass 1000 posts?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea OS is from Ohio, but I asked Byaa and he said he's never played him before.

A cp for OS... yea you're gonna need one because ROB won't work. Unless your ROB is drastically different from his own so what he would be expecting would be thrown off, although I'm sure he would adapt quickly.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pick sonic
I hear OS loses to them.
Theres even an AIB group "OS loses to sonics"
:bee:
I regularly 2 and 3 stock every Sonic I play. ;)

Shugo's the only exception, and Shugo's just good. Sonic is still garbage.

Also, I once got to play every ROB in my pool at a tournament. It was like being a superhero-turned-villain and just completely dominating the former superhero allies with my powers gained from the darkside.

Top Bottom