• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic, didn't Vayseth say something really similar in his grab release guide?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Did he? If he did, whoops, oh well. At any rate, follow up with a footstool, This should make Snake 1 grab = death maybe possibly.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
There is so much information in Vayseth's thread that it is pretty easy to miss a thing or too.

However, just finished playing with some friends, I think I may have found a way to use zoning on FD to turn Falco's camping game against him.

Below is FD

________________DDD__F____

If you can close him in here, you can mix up a game of low air camping and dthrow to ftilt to keep him pretty much at bay, since the only move he has to get through you here is his side b, but it is low enough prority that you can easily stop it. The only acccuarte way through is to double jump and side b, but that ends with him not being able to move and having quite a bit of landing lag, in which you can chase to set up this situation on the other side, or uptilt. His down b can cause problems if you aren't careful however, but with careful dodging, it should be a problem. You should be able to keep him within this zone, then, when the time is right, abuse the pummel release at ledge to foot stool to dair for a kill, as he respawns, attempt to set up this situation again,

Jupz

Smash Master
Sounds like a good idea Crashic, although it can be quite hard to stop the IAP 100% of the time, and if falco gets within range he can Jab->grab us (his jab comes out in two frames :( )

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
There is so much information in Vayseth's thread that it is pretty easy to miss a thing or too.

However, just finished playing with some friends, I think I may have found a way to use zoning on FD to turn Falco's camping game against him.

Below is FD

________________DDD__F____

If you can close him in here, you can mix up a game of low air camping and dthrow to ftilt to keep him pretty much at bay, since the only move he has to get through you here is his side b, but it is low enough prority that you can easily stop it. The only acccuarte way through is to double jump and side b, but that ends with him not being able to move and having quite a bit of landing lag, in which you can chase to set up this situation on the other side, or uptilt. His down b can cause problems if you aren't careful however, but with careful dodging, it should be a problem. You should be able to keep him within this zone, then, when the time is right, abuse the pummel release at ledge to foot stool to dair for a kill, as he respawns, attempt to set up this situation again,
It seems interesting...
So you're saying to build up enough damage with the low aircamping/down throw to forward tilt...then pummel release to footstool to down air?
Otherwise, the footstool to down air will just bring him back up. So you mean by building that damage?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No, if the Falco is smart (and lucky with our grab range) enough not to get grabbed and pushed off stage, you will eventually use dsmash or utilt for the kill. The pummel will make him go the same distance regardless, footstooling him will take away his second jump, or just grabbing the edge right away will keep him from getting back on, and when he goes for his Upb, his only vertical recovery move, Bair of Fair to stage spike for early gimp. However, this is not auto win, and will take a very alert game from you to be able to punish his every movement as he tries to reposition himself on the other side of the field.

Another note, do NOT go for gimp or go on the offense. Your goal is to keep him pinned and rack up damage, abusing dtilt, ftilt, bair, fthrow, bthrow, and inhale to your advantage. You should become a wall, not giving him any chance for escape or to rezone himself. When he is off stage, throw waddle dees to pressure him. He most always feel the pressure, but you must not give him opportunities to use side b safely above you and escape. He can only jump up high and side b, and as I said before, when that happens, be ready to punish big because of the lag he will receive.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Only Dair if you are spaced properly so they come in front of you for a fair combo. Once they get past 40, its not really a good idea to do such a thing. You're entire goal is to reduce the stage size for them, having you as a wall and the edge as the other wall, preventing them from camping until you are either able to get the Vayseth gimp or able to utilt or dsmash kill them.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

I was looking into pummel breaks, and if you space your grabs right, you can chain grab to where the opponent is just off the edge, pummel break, and they will break as if they are hitting the ground, but fall down, you then grab the edge, and some characters, LIKE SNAKE!!! have no viable recovery option you can't block from low. If you can also land a grab like this on one of the space animals, it is essentially grab to death. Don't hang to far over, or they will air break. Its ****ing sweat, going to go test more.
anotherr thing that makes d3 even better against space animanlss?? that not cool man. baisicly a 0 to death shxt

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

I was looking into pummel breaks, and if you space your grabs right, you can chain grab to where the opponent is just off the edge, pummel break, and they will break as if they are hitting the ground, but fall down, you then grab the edge, and some characters, LIKE SNAKE!!! have no viable recovery option you can't block from low. If you can also land a grab like this on one of the space animals, it is essentially grab to death. Don't hang to far over, or they will air break. Its ****ing sweat, going to go test more.
might work on falco and wolf wont work on fox mthough my friend you have to remember that your opponent could mash an airbreak

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
He was already facing the other way when he was blocking. He just did a turn around shield grab. Turning around is practically instant.

∫unk

Smash Master
okay so he just didn't put up his shield at the end of his roll and pivot shielded?

i didn't even know this was possible XD cause you usually don't back roll into the opponent

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOzXQSE1GM

look at 2:40 ddd

can someone explain what happened? ddd does a back roll but then is facing the other way?!??

did he shield drop pivot shield grab in that small of a time after the back roll? if so that's way faster than i thought it was.
yea that grab was weireddd but good shxt in that match to seibrik man it was close. chuddat is a beast

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic, that was posted months ago when we had a separate thread on the inhale glitch.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It was determined that Dedede needed to be hit at some point during the startup of Inhale but nobody was exactly sure when.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
That was overrated and thought more useful than pivot grab. But when everyone calmed down they found out it just keeps Nado at bay. Nothing too serious.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The joke is that Beef is always telling everyone to calm down.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's not really a joke though...Serin, you just weren't here long enough to see all the chaotic posts that arose in these boards, and that's when I had to step in and say that "Okay now everyone in this room needs to calm down." :embarrass
That quote is hardly ever a joke either...and most of the people just stopped posting here that were here way before.

Top Bottom