• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Cant wait for this thing to see how it all turns out lol

EDIT:

now that its officially Tuesday for everyone, less than 4 days to go O.o

My drive out there with friends starts On wednesday. Can't wait :D
Friendly reminder Hold Em, Egyptian Rat Screw, and other card games will be going on as of Thursday (from right when we check in probably) and anyone is welcome to join. PM me your numbers and I will let you know what the room number is if you wish to join and for details :D

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
I personally don't like buy-ins after you have been eliminated.. it kind of ruins the tournament feel when you play.
depends if they're a fish or not ... if you cant find the fishes, chances are you are the fish

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
1) don't play tournament style
2) don't make it huge, because that will draw attention, be illegal gambling, and get us all booted
**** 4real? i didnt know **** like that was illegal gambling ... some1 put the pot in a safe place (kages back pocket)

Edit: no please dont mark me for spam moderators!!! have mercy on me!! im a noob at edit and multiquotes

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this belongs in this topic or if there's another one about travel stuff, but...
I just realized I scheduled a ******** flight for leaving on Monday.
6AM from SFO, and I'm staying at the Ramada. Earliest BART ride would get me to SFO with 30 min to spare, which I'm not comfortable with at all. Is there anyone heading to the airport the night after this ends, or anyone else with a stupid flight like this that I can hitch a ride with, or anyone with any suggestions, or anyone who just wants to laugh at me for being a *******?

TL;DR Summary: I have to be ready to fly out of SFO 6AM Monday. WTF

GREENTHUMB

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know where to get green when we get down there? come on, it is CALI after all.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Pretend you have glaucoma.

But for serious, keep the illegal substance talk out of the thread. It's against the rules.

Anyone of age want to grab a beer after the tournament at a nearby bar assuming there is one? I want to try some West Coast beers.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I WOULD LIKE TO WISH MY D.A. BROTHERS (M2K,ALLY,MALCOLM AND NINJALINK) LUCK AT GENESIS I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE ME PROUD!!!!!

Also for those who think you can take out the 4 kings that are going to genesis how about you put you money where you mouth is? Anyone wants to crew battle DA at genesis a 4 on 4 crew battle Ninjalink,M2k, Malcolm and Ally vs any 4 over there, all i have to say to anyone who plays them GOOD CLUX!!!!
Mew2King is mine, not yours. He plays for his friends and himself, not a shady group from NYC.

The King

Smash Ace
Lol, saw 3 full new pages of posts just from overnight and I thought a bomb was dropped in this thread... turns out it's just been this egyptian rat game, good stuff lol.

And a quick clarification: Because our original attendance estimates have more than doubled from the time when we first announced the ViP section, we've had to more or less scrap the idea to make room for all the tables, chairs, setups, and hundreds of people. While the building is rather large, we just can't justify blocking off 400-500 sq.ft. for it, let alone allocating a bunch of TV setups for it. Apologies to anyone who expected it, but with this many people planned to show up, we need every setup we've got for the tourney.

And *Yes*, we will be selling food & beverages at the venue. Expect all the colas, water, energy drinks, chips, pizza and burgers your money can buy.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
king can you AIM me at GameDragonX real quick? i forgot what other aim name you are actually on (not the same as your profile)

theres an in and out like .93 miles away from the venue. its like .2 from the ramada hotel

D. Disciple

Smash Master
All I need to find is a Wells Fargo bank or some place that cashes check, then I'll be set for that entire weekend and then some.

Also I hope there is a Jack in a Box nearby Ramada as well or Carl's Jr.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not sure if this belongs in this topic or if there's another one about travel stuff, but...
I just realized I scheduled a ******** flight for leaving on Monday.
6AM from SFO, and I'm staying at the Ramada. Earliest BART ride would get me to SFO with 30 min to spare, which I'm not comfortable with at all. Is there anyone heading to the airport the night after this ends, or anyone else with a stupid flight like this that I can hitch a ride with, or anyone with any suggestions, or anyone who just wants to laugh at me for being a *******?

TL;DR Summary: I have to be ready to fly out of SFO 6AM Monday. WTF
I also have a flight at exactly 6am. Find me and we could possibly find some other people to split a taxi with.

Edit: I have a friend with a flight at 6am so that's 3 right there.

TP

Smash Master
I predict everyone getting kicked out of the venue the first day due to illegal drugs and gambling. Don't worry, people have only spent about $500,000 total on travel expenses to get there.

:034:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Do any Marth players wanna money match my Peach? 10$ best 2/3, tournament rules. don't worry marth counters peach so u got this :laugh:

Edit: I should clarify that I mean in Brawl.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do any Marth players wanna money match my Peach? 10$ best 2/3, tournament rules. don't worry marth counters peach so u got this :laugh:

Edit: I should clarify that I mean in Brawl. Marth is hard in melee =(
I don't play Marth but I want to MM your peach to add on to the list of peach's I've beaten haha :).

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't money match unless i consider it a fun matchup, so which character are you gonna use? any campy characters are not fun. i wouldn't mind mm's your game and watch or IC, but anyone campy i don't like to fight. 5 dollars only though i'm not as confident unless its marth LOL.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Since you are eliminating the VIP section, will there still be guaranteed friendlies stations? Running the tournaments is important and all, but *90% of the people are done once pools end, and friendlies important to them, as it's a good bit of the reason they traveled at all. Friendlies include money matches as well.

*Clearly I made this up, but it is the vast majority.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't money match unless i consider it a fun matchup, so which character are you gonna use? any campy characters are not fun. i wouldn't mind mm's your game and watch or IC, but anyone campy i don't like to fight. 5 dollars only though i'm not as confident unless its marth LOL.
Well I main IC's so I will probably be using them. I only play GW/IC's at a high level though so you really don't have to worry about other characters haha. $5 sounds good.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey hungryBox I'll text you real quick because odds are you wont see this post.

And what do you mean kicked out for gambling? Those cips we're playing with were bought from Wal Mart and they aren't worth cash value. You see we're not playing for money, its more like a fun tourney were the winners get cash prizes from yours trully. Its just that I'm requesting that everyone who enters donates 10 bucks to me. Thats not gambling, thats the same as participating in a smash tourney. :p
(which btw thinking about it, Paying money to play others in a game is almost considered gambling too...)

And to everyone else who has PM'd me and text me about ERS and Hold Em, thanks and I will let you all know where the games are going on at.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Lol, saw 3 full new pages of posts just from overnight and I thought a bomb was dropped in this thread... turns out it's just been this egyptian rat game, good stuff lol.
LOL...

chipotle near the venue = I'll buy my tickets now

havent had it in MONTHS
The last time I had Chipotle was at OC3/Evo West with Edrees :[. East Coast sucks (or maybe just CT)

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And what do you mean kicked out for gambling? Those cips we're playing with were bought from Wal Mart and they aren't worth cash value. You see we're not playing for money, its more like a fun tourney were the winners get cash prizes from yours trully. Its just that I'm requesting that everyone who enters donates 10 bucks to me. Thats not gambling, thats the same as participating in a smash tourney. :p.
Go ahead and try that line on the cop busting up your party and see what he thinks ;).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Go ahead and try that line on the cop busting up your party and see what he thinks ;).
smash tourney is the same as gambling your money ma dude :0. You know, money goes into a Pot, winner takes all, or pot distributed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom