• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
how can i predict my opponent easier when dairing after a dthrow? it's hard to ask but hopefully you guys know what i mean.

Milos

Smash Lord
If they tech away or behind you you can react with a grab.

if they tech in place or miss the tech you have to predict and either stomp, jab reset, grab, knee.

Hax like's to shorthop into a delayed uair, that usually catches them, because than it's back to a game of reaction

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
If the opponent's back is close to a ledge, they are more than likely to try to tech roll behind you.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
how can i predict my opponent easier when dairing after a dthrow? it's hard to ask but hopefully you guys know what i mean.
Well you can assess how they tech with some safely spaced nairs if you're unsure. If they tend to tech in spot, away, towards, or not at all, you can use that knowledge to punish them with a knee or stomp-->knee when it really matters. (i.e. very high percent)

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
When do you jump to get the max backwards distance after a moonwalk?

I'm guessing its as late as possible before you turn around from holding the stick back, but I'm unsure.

I couldn't tell from Zhu's video, sorry if it was already answered.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i cant moonkwalk so i cant help you 88

Hey could you guys take a few minutes and look at these 3 vids for me and telling how i could improve?

i know i need to roll less, full hop less, and still l-cancel too low of a percentage of moves.

me vs fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HcO1OueHA

Me vs luigi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGdyDlKSNQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkthE0CvKs

i have 7 sets vs this guy, but i dont want or expect you to watch 7 sets vs the same guy, these 3 matches im playing pretty well.

strangely mundane

Smash Journeyman
Just from watching the first match, you are using dair way too much even though it is a great move it is easily punishable try using nair to approach your opponent.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Reneblade make sure you make full use of CF's speed, on large stages like PS and FD you want to space as much as you can.

Also be aware that Luigi's quick ground game can out do yours, and shield grabbing is difficult becuase he still moves after his attacks. His slow air game is nothing against CF's aerials, so make good us of that to.

So space with nair, then give him the ol techchase and **** him off the stage cause his recovery is just as bad as yours.

Plus Luigi's priority will punch right through your bair and dair so out range his hits with U-air and Nair and finish with knee

Be sure to follow up your combos, you always seem to shield or F smash after a good setup. And d throw the floaties and tech chase if you need to. and its kinda of pointless to throw smash unless ur IC, so foolow up with aerials and run away when u cant combo anymore

If you intend to be good, the luigis you play will be much more...um... trippy, and none of them play the same at the least the good one. your luigi was really predictable so be sure to knee him out of those WD's

P.C. Jona

Smash Master

Hey could you guys take a few minutes and look at these 3 vids for me and telling how i could improve?

i know i need to roll less, full hop less, and still l-cancel too low of a percentage of moves.

me vs fox:

Me vs luigi:

i have 7 sets vs this guy, but i dont want or expect you to watch 7 sets vs the same guy, these 3 matches im playing pretty well.
way to much dairs

its good for tech chasing and for hitting behind the shield but not as an approach, nair to approach

i read youve only been playing for 6 months so your doing pretty well.
just keep practicing your l canceling and short hopping

PEEF!

Smash Hero

me vs fox:

Me vs luigi:

Well Reneblade, as said you need to stomp less.

Move more. Your movement is a bit stale. Probably got that one from me =[

When he spotdodges as you run to him just turn around and grab or shbair.

Haha, we will play and put up some dittoes tonight. I could use criticism as well.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
When you get good enough....

theyll roll where u dair.

get ****! ^_^
How true this is lol

GOOD **** SCAR repping Beast Coast! Can't wait for vids ^_^

Usually, they won't tech roll towards the edge because if you predict it and hit them with a knee they'll die at roughly 40% or even less with proper edgeguarding and that sucks big time for a spacie.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i wouldnt say they usually wont do that, cuz i usually do it because people usually think its a ******** idea and dont even consider someone dong it.

it depends how good of a player your playing

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
When do you jump to get the max backwards distance after a moonwalk?

I'm guessing its as late as possible before you turn around from holding the stick back, but I'm unsure.

I couldn't tell from Zhu's video, sorry if it was already answered.
I'd say do it when you're moving backwards the fastest.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
scar is the best falcon.
this is what think:

no matter by how small the difference, scar is the best. he got 6, darkrain got 7th.

if theres any place to try to show how good you are, its at a tourney this big. and scar showed it. if darkrain wins all his local tourneys and ish, thats cuz theyre not as good yet. scar has tougher competition in our area. right now, scar has the better placing, making him the better player. he earned it. next time a national level tourney happens, then the debate can open up again, but until then scar is #1

you think darkrain is gonna try harder in his room or when he flew out to cali to play. whatever happened, happened. no johns. scar is the best

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
k so

darkrain
Winners' bracket
Defeated mexican
Defeated Sensei
Defeated Romeo
Defeated Tope
Lost to M2K

Losers' bracket
Defeated Lambchops
Lost to Hungrybox

and scar
Defeated FZero
Defeated azn lep
Defeated Taj
Defeated Lambchops
Defeated Raistlin
Lost to Mango

Losers' bracket
Lost to Hungrybox

i would say thats a pretty even bracket
pools are irrelevant

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the whole tope thing makes the brackets a little different lol
what's the scar equivalent? Taj? Raistlin??

your trying to use one national tournament (and 1 place difference) as CONCRETE AND ABSOLUTE PROOF of Scar's superiority (which he denies himself, might I add) is AMAAAAAZIIIINGGGG. darkrain played M2K one round before Scar played Mango, causing them to play Hungrybox at different rounds. this is why they placed differently, not because of a skill difference.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that's nice.

anyway, good **** scrawr. you went to a big tourney and proved you're not over rated due to your entertaining combo vids (much unlike a certain green captain falcon...), keep it up

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the whole tope thing makes the brackets a little different lol
what's the scar equivalent? Taj? Raistlin??

your trying to use one national tournament (and 1 place difference) as CONCRETE AND ABSOLUTE PROOF of Scar's superiority (which he denies himself, might I add) is AMAAAAAZIIIINGGGG. darkrain played M2K one round before Scar played Mango, causing them to play Hungrybox at different rounds. this is why they placed differently, not because of a skill difference.
national tourneys for melee dont happen to often do they
and a 1 place difference can be the difference between 1st and 2nd, which is alot. when you get 1st your better then all those under you. same with any other place.
ofcourse scar is gonna deny it, hes cool like that

well if you wanna say it another way, then hes the best falcon in this national level tourney according to placings ok? better? no other way to put it man for reals

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
I play marth against my CF friend. When he gets off the stage, I spam dtilt and make him cry.

So he's making me ask your Q&A thread how to make me (marth) stop forcing him to cry.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
scar got sixth!????
wow. I'll never call you over-rated again. And, FYI, top 4 has 2 puffs. Puff is STILL under-rated IMO
good ****ing **** scar. How did SS place??

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ss was like tied for 25th with like 8 people i think

this was his bracket
Winners' bracket
Defeated Caterkiller
Defeated Sethlon
Lost to Tope

Losers' bracket
Defeated DEHF
Lost to Jman

did anyone else see how awesome the allisbrawl bracket thing is?
you just click their name and the results come up?
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5679

we need something like that

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hax beat tope too
and raistlin beat tang and axe..
bob$ too but hes kinda out of it
axe went pikachu for the majority of the tournament and has little to no exp against jiggs. the only person out here who plays jiggs is forward and when they forward doesn't usually use jiggs. when i DID see him use jiggs against axe, axe was using fox.

/matchup johning for my state

good job scar. you really surprised us haha.

edit/ jona get off scars **** he's not the best but definitely earned his place as ONE of the best. oh and :( silentspectre

good job hax too

Scar

#HarveyDent
thx everybody for all the congrats, genesis was a ton of fun and im very happy with my performance

my thoughts:
-i did get pretty lucky with my bracket, if jman would have made it out to winner's quarters he probably would have beaten me and i would have gotten 7th or 9th depending on me vs hax and/or me vs darkrain
-i think that hax's bracket had more impressive wins than mine (except i beat chopz who is super good and he lost to lovage who blows LOL <3 lovage too good moonwalk w/ fox but seriously scar>hax)
-SS is way better than i gave him credit for and i now realize that all 4 of us are better at different things so it's hard to say who's better than who and with a 128-man bracket it's hard to say results are important
-darkrain is the best
-lots of people beat me in friendlies which makes me think i'm not as good as hax/ss/darkrain bc they really dont lose to random people in friendlies. idk i play way harder in tourney than i do in friendlies or moneymatches
-darc is the best teammate of all time

-NES N00B AAAAH i totally didnt know that that was you, next time i play you $50 MM i wont sandbag you this time

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It's one big happy Falcon family in here.

Did your matches with SS get recorded by any chance? And any new thoughts on the Falcon/Jiggly match-up?

Hax

Smash Champion
once i ignored the hype waffles/phil had built up for ss, i ***** his **** nearly jv 4 stocking him.

darkrain is the best falcon.. but not by much

the 4 of us all have our weaknesses and bad matchups.. I think if we all worked together we could hopefully make falcon a good character again

Cia

das kwl
once i ignored the hype waffles/phil had built up for ss, i ***** his **** nearly jv 4 stocking him.

darkrain is the best falcon.. but not by much

the 4 of us all have our weaknesses and bad matchups.. I think if we all worked together we could hopefully make falcon a good character again
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

good **** at that west coast tournament.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
-SS is way better than i gave him credit for
:D but you're right about Darkrain being better.

Is anyone else starting to think Jiggs is Falcon's worst matchup? She's my number one worst matchup with anyone I use especially Falcon and Scar lost to two Jiggs (did Mango go Jiggs on you?) and Darkrain lost to Hungrybox. Granted, those are all the best Jiggs right now, but I think the matchup is heavily in her favor. I may just be speaking from personal experience, but even from watching vids of you guys I have absolutely no idea what to do against a good Jiggs. The gayness is just too great.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
:D but you're right about Darkrain being better.

Is anyone else starting to think Jiggs is Falcon's worst matchup? She's my number one worst matchup with anyone I use especially Falcon and Scar lost to two Jiggs (did Mango go Jiggs on you?) and Darkrain lost to Hungrybox. Granted, those are all the best Jiggs right now, but I think the matchup is heavily in her favor. I may just be speaking from personal experience, but even from watching vids of you guys I have absolutely no idea what to do against a good Jiggs. The gayness is just too great.
Spacies and Sheik are still harder for CF than Jiggs IMO. In the grand scheme of things, I think Falcon's pretty good vs. Jiggs, it just requires a different mindset than other matchups (don't combo, just bair/dair/uair and dthrow -> knee).

Top Bottom