• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timo

Smash Cadet
Everyone who is crying over the rules plz stfu. They agreed to a bo3 and that's what they played. Whether or not they were aware of the rules is their own fault, and in this case it led to M2K's fall.
They really both agreed to a bo3?
at the beginning of the set? or at the end when they thought that it's over with a bo3?

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
"Armada got jv3 stocked by Shiz in an earlier match"
Armada won the set. Stop failing please.

NO JOHNS.

LLDL

Smash Hero
It has nothing t do with american and europe. It has to do with realising that a set could go wither way, and that the set is not legit.

Pi

Smash Hero
Here's some facts to consider;

1)Ultimately DBR could have said they needed to play the final match(es), they didn't
2)Armada could have agree'd to play M2K in the final matches and forfeited if he lost, He didn't
3)If DBR makes it a best 3/5, that's what it needs to be, if there was a misunderstanding then it should have been cleared up and played out
4)Any self respecting confident player would have had no problem finishing the set, and I suspect DBR would have had no problem allowing them to finish the set

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I really think most people in here saying "M2k was cheated" and "they shoulda finished the set" really wouldn't be saying that if it had been the other way around. The fact is, we're in an American dominated forum, and most people here are biased.
I honestly wanted to see M2K win, I won't lie.

But I still wanted a great epic set.

If it were the other way around I still would have wanted a continuation, I wanted a set absent of johns, and then this happens.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
lol how did they agree to a bo3?... you guys say it like they sat down and was like yea this set is gonna be a best of 3 because i dont want to potentially play 5 matches. When it comes down to it... rules are rules

craiigg

Smash Lord
How about because M2K has proven himself in the past by beasting the best players all over the world whereas Armada has only beaten...Shiz, for top players? And he hasn't even beaten M2K yet because they cut off the set? Armada got jv3 stocked by Shiz in an earlier match, and he also lost to some random scrub Ganon in pools. M2K is a hundred times more technical, not to mention that his mindgames are insane and he has 4-stocked and totally owned top players whereas Armada usually sticks in Europe.

M2K > Armada, I don't care who wins the set. I can at least say M2K is a good contender even after he's lost most of his Melee skills since picking up Brawl.

lol JOHN MORE PLEASEEEE

armada 4 stocked masashi, m2k got 2-0'd in pools by some random scrub

goodbye logic.

even though i agree that the results aren't fair cause of DBR, it still makes you an idiot

is that 2 times you've underestimated armada and was 100% on m2k and shiz winning? go on have another shot.

VA

Smash Hero
Let usa sit on their qq and swivel. Too bad, you can't claim **** over Europe if Mango gets beaten too.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
Never is.

Anyways, Armada should have played it out, kind of cheapens his win now and gives johns for everyone else. Not that I want M2K, but if it was in the rules, that's how they should have played it. Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse, neither should be ignorance of the rules.
Agreed hes being soft by not playing it out when its his fault just as much as m2k for not know they had to play 3-5

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I really think most people in here saying "M2k was cheated" and "they shoulda finished the set" really wouldn't be saying that if it had been the other way around. The fact is, we're in an American dominated forum, and most people here are biased.
Yes, I would, because having half the bracket in semis be 3/5, and the other half be 2/3 is somewhat absurd to me.

Pink Shinobi is still playing Zhu, I believe, but Im also not sure of the set count.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter if they agreed to a bo3. You make it sound like they said, "what do you want to play?" "oh, okay, let's do a bo3"

They did a bo3 because they just ASSUMED it was a bo3. It wasn't. Chibo told them the real rules, and Mango and Scar did a bo5 afterwards, yet DBR stepped in with Armada vs. M2K and gave Armada the win.

They went back on their rules TWICE. With like $4000 on the line, you can't say, "Oh well, who cares now." Armada's going to get so much **** that he doesn't deserve, and M2K may have missed an opportunity to win 2000 dollars.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
What's the link for all 5 Twitters on AiB? I closed my browser and can't find it again. =/

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Put it this way .. what if they played a best of 5 from the beginning and m2k won the set 3-2... But armada was 2-1 somewhere in the set..and after that they found out it was a best of 3... would you give the win to armada?? The answer is NO..So this actually IS the right way

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I don't ****ing understand you foreigners. If Armada lost you would want him to get the 3/5 that the rules state. At least have the same ****ing courtesy you ignorant frenchies.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol JOHN MORE PLEASEEEE

armada 4 stocked masashi, m2k got 2-0'd in pools by some random scrub

goodbye logic.

even though i agree that the results aren't fair cause od DBR, it still makes you an idiot

is that 2 times you've underestimated armada and was 100% on m2k and shiz winning? go on have another shot.
M2K did that purposely to avoid some players in a bracket had he gone 1st in pools.

I haven't ever underestimated Armada yet either so stfu. I've just been rooting for Shiz and M2K. I really don't care about Mango, though.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
How about because M2K has proven himself in the past by beasting the best players all over the world whereas Armada has only beaten...Shiz, for top players? And he hasn't even beaten M2K yet because they cut off the set? Armada got jv3 stocked by Shiz in an earlier match, and he also lost to some random scrub Ganon in pools. M2K is a hundred times more technical, not to mention that his mindgames are insane and he has 4-stocked and totally owned top players whereas Armada usually sticks in Europe.

M2K > Armada, I don't care who wins the set. I can at least say M2K is a good contender even after he's lost most of his Melee skills since picking up Brawl.
after dawn, youre a moron, pretty much every argument you say here has no meaning because its overflown by your bias

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I'm so tight right now....woooow

Even if Armada wins this tourney it's deff

USA>Europe.

The International crew couldn't even beat Canada, let alone any single region in the USA.

Europe just has one good player at the tourney and a handful back home, not contest for the USA.

Plus Armada still has to beat Mang0 and whoever comes back from losers.
LOL not even close, the only two Europeans that could come close are Armada and perhaps Amsah. Stop ****ing meatriding on Europe all day, you guys aren't even that good besides your two prized pros.

you aren't really up to date anymore.... there are some who can compete with those 2, but yes, no one is really better than them...
but take a look at who DID show up... its only a hand full, and almost no one who had real international succes in Europe

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
I quite agree with you. I wouldn't care at all if this had happened to armada. :psycho:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Put it this way .. what if they played a best of 5 from the beginning and m2k won the set 3-2... But armada was 2-1 somewhere in the set..and after that they found out it was a best of 3... would you give the win to armada?? The answer is NO..So this actually IS the right way
if m2k was up 2-1 they'd let them finish the set no if's an or buts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom