• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

magic the gathering

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
heres my fun deck, generally bad, seurpriseing good in team games
land (22)
22 islands

creatures(14)
2 slipstream serpent
2 sea serpent
3 sea monster
1 voldalian serpent
1 kukemessa serpent
2 wall of vapor
2 veiled serpent
1 apprentice wizard

other spells (28)
1 followed foorsteps
2 rewind
2 shapeshifter's marrow
1 cancel
4 powersink
1 broken ambitions
3 counsel of the soratami
3 psychic venom
4 counterspell
4 phantasmal terrain
1 sensei's divining top
2 infiltrate

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
heres my fun deck, generally bad, seurpriseing good in team games
land (22)
22 islands

creatures(14)
2 slipstream serpent
2 sea serpent
3 sea monster
1 voldalian serpent
1 kukemessa serpent
2 wall of vapor
2 veiled serpent
1 apprentice wizard

other spells (28)
1 followed foorsteps
2 rewind
2 shapeshifter's marrow
1 cancel
4 powersink
1 broken ambitions
3 counsel of the soratami
3 psychic venom
4 counterspell
4 phantasmal terrain
1 sensei's divining top
2 infiltrate
Surely you could find something better than a Sea Serpent?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
A fun deck that I made the other day:

7 Plains
17 Swamps
1 Quicksand

2 Boros Signet
2 Rakdos Signet
4 Dark Ritual

4 Summoner's Egg
4 Bosh, Iron Golem
4 Bringer of the White Dawn

4 Seal of Doom
4 Innocent Blood
3 Skulltap
4 Barter in Blood
4 Holy Day
1 Beacon of Immortality

I have a feeling that I might take the Skulltap out, and put something in that can put cards into my hand from my deck somehow. Not sure yet. I have issues getting my creatures into play.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
none taken, and its not supposed to, it was supposed to get a "wtf...did he just play sea monster?" effect, and it does. i also have a dwarf themed deck....
but yea, check some of the other decks ive posted they work better.
also, that islandhome deck, like i said doesnt work well, but it works well in teams since i usualy get to sit on a handfull of couters whil my mates do what they do.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Okay, gotcha. My Summoner's Egg deck is similar in that regard. It's really impressive when you can throw a Bosh into play on your second or third turn. :)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
sometimes, we just gotta have fun....
im a fan of theme decks, not always tribes but themes in general. my grave pact deck worked out well, my megrim deck can consistanly win on the 5th turn and i have a neat white deck ill post next<<<all enchantment based.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Impressive. I'm not necessarily a fan of theme decks. I just like using fun cards, and putting them together in ways that mesh. It works well for me.

Chia_Pet

Smash Rookie
I play this card game, but I kinda stop when I could not keep up.
I mainly use Slivers from the Legion series and some from the news editions.

Any one knows what are some cards are a must have in a White angel/clerics deck ?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, Legions. That set was so bad, even though it has one of my favourite cards in it.

You silly people and your theme decks... I dunno, I don't play a whole lot of white. Creatures with flanking, perhaps Kami of False Hope or Holy Day. I suppose it depends on what you want to do with your angels/clerics, in my opinion.

BEACON OF IMMORTALITY.
Just kidding.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
okay...im back, with another deck of mine. this one is a white deck, enchantment based...weird huh?

land (23)
23 plains

creatures (13)
2 angelic page
4 ballynock trapper
1 order of leitbur
1 exalted angel
1 soltari lancer
1 avatar of hope
1 defender of law
1 spirit of the hearth

other spells (24)
2 recumbent bliss
1 rune of protection red
1 rune of protection black
1 rune of protection blue
2 rune of protection green
2 rune of protection white
2 disenchant
2 glorious anthem
2 spirit link
1 reverence
1 humility
2 rightous cause
2 opal champion
1 wrath of god
1 guided strike
1 pursuit of knowledge

fun deck, works well...comment please, and feel free to do ones i already posted
:)
ahhh, and EGGMAN, that terrible deck with the sea monsters is no more.
the blue i play now is a wizard deck that goes into an infinite turns loop

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
okay...im back, with another deck of mine. this one is a white deck, enchantment based...weird huh?

land (23)
23 plains

creatures (13)
2 angelic page
4 ballynock trapper
1 order of leitbur
1 exalted angel
1 soltari lancer
1 avatar of hope
1 defender of law
1 spirit of the hearth

other spells (24)
2 recumbent bliss
1 rune of protection red
1 rune of protection black
1 rune of protection blue
2 rune of protection green
2 rune of protection white
2 disenchant
2 glorious anthem
2 spirit link
1 reverence
1 humility
2 rightous cause
2 opal champion
1 wrath of god
1 guided strike
1 pursuit of knowledge

fun deck, works well...comment please, and feel free to do ones i already posted
:)
ahhh, and EGGMAN, that terrible deck with the sea monsters is no more.
the blue i play now is a wizard deck that goes into an infinite turns loop
What's with the Avatar of Hope? Seems like a Platinum Angel or something would be a better deal. I also, I noticed your decks don't seem to have any sideboards. Thinking about trying to make a combo deck with Bridge from Below and Lich Lord of Unx. But no Ichorid/Black Lotus/etc.

Edit: Does Phyrexian Dreadnaught trigger bridge from below before it dies? Maybe I could try it with Golgari Thug

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yay! The Magic thread is back! I wondered where it had gotten to... I like the one Wrath of God. And I have to agree with E.G.G.M.A.N., there are better cards you could use. Especially, if you're only playing one Avatar of Hope.

Egads, I hope you already own a copy of Phyrexian Dreadnought.

missedwithtruestrike has already seen this deck... but here it is:

20 Forests
1 Mountain

4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Wood Elves
2 Eternal Witness
1 Fireball
4 Beacon of Creation
3 Clear the Land
2 Rampant Growth
2 Scouting Trek
4 Echoing Courage
4 Fecundity
2 Blasting Station
4 Skullclamp

Matt

Banned via Administration
Is that... is that an Elfball deck??

That's it, you're off my friend's list. :mad:

Here's a deck I made called Dirty Dozen. The idea was to abuse Wildpair to power out big annoying 6/6 creatures (lol Simic Skyswallower comboing with Vigor and Tornado Elemental to make a 12/12 flying trample untargetable dude) within the first couple of turns and be generally awesome. This is by far my favorite deck that I've built, and it's surprisingly consistent.

Creatures (24 Cards)
4X Llanowar Druid
4X Llanowar Elf
3X Argothian Wurm
2X Simic Sky Swallower
2X Tornado Elemental
2X Ravaging Riftwurm
1X Gleancrawler
2X Vigor
1X Sisters of Stone Death
1X Living Hive
1X Woodfall Primus
1X Penumbra Wurm

Other (21 Cards)
4X Utopia Sprawl
3X Wild Pair
4X Sylvan Library
3X Lightning Greaves
2X Kodama’s Reach
2X Tooth and Nail

Lands (16 Cards)
14X Forest
1X Pendlehaven
1X Island

Hmm, maybe I should stick a Child of Alara into the deck just for funsies.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Yay! The Magic thread is back! I wondered where it had gotten to... I like the one Wrath of God. And I have to agree with E.G.G.M.A.N., there are better cards you could use. Especially, if you're only playing one Avatar of Hope.

Egads, I hope you already own a copy of Phyrexian Dreadnought.

missedwithtruestrike has already seen this deck... but here it is:

20 Forests
1 Mountain

4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Wood Elves
2 Eternal Witness
1 Fireball
4 Beacon of Creation
3 Clear the Land
2 Rampant Growth
2 Scouting Trek
4 Echoing Courage
4 Fecundity
2 Blasting Station
4 Skullclamp

Well, no I don't actually have them, but my friend probably does (he has a whole crapload of old cards). Anyways, I'm mostly just making hypothetical decks, so anything's fair game really.

Hmmm Skullclamp? Bad lythium! But seriously, using broken cards like Skullclamp is just cruel. Give your opponent a sporting chance at least. Well, it's your choice I suppose. Anyways, the point of the deck is just to shoot off a big fireball right? Might want to swap that for Banefire(it's safer).

My unfinished B/U:

CREATURES

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Golgari Thug
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Lich Lord of Unx

SPELLS
4 Bridge from Below
4 Dread Return
4 Zombie Infestation
4 Cabal Therapy

Need some 1 or 2 drop black creatures to feed Dread Return and keep me alive until I can smash with Dreadnought/Zombies/Lich Lord. Help me out here people!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, no I don't actually have them, but my friend probably does (he has a whole crapload of old cards). Anyways, I'm mostly just making hypothetical decks, so anything's fair game really.

Hmmm Skullclamp? Bad lythium! But seriously, using broken cards like Skullclamp is just cruel. Give your opponent a sporting chance at least. Well, it's your choice I suppose. Anyways, the point of the deck is just to shoot off a big fireball right? Might want to swap that for Banefire(it's safer).

My unfinished B/U:

CREATURES

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Golgari Thug
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Lich Lord of Unx

SPELLS
4 Bridge from Below
4 Dread Return
4 Zombie Infestation
4 Cabal Therapy

Need some 1 or 2 drop black creatures to feed Dread Return and keep me alive until I can smash with Dreadnought/Zombies/Lich Lord. Help me out here people!
Haha, I was gonna say. I'm pretty sure that card costs about thirty dollars for one. As for the Skullclamp, I just play for fun, so it's not a big deal. But yeah, my deck is supposed to put loads of land into play, and then BEACON OF CREATION. And if I need to, Echoing Courage. My boyfriend built a really mean counter to it, using Citadel of Pain. And it certainly is painful. :ohwell:

Even if you put in the Dreadnaught from your graveyard, you're going to have to sacrifice 12 power worth of creatures.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I was gonna say. I'm pretty sure that card costs about thirty dollars for one. As for the Skullclamp, I just play for fun, so it's not a big deal. But yeah, my deck is supposed to put loads of land into play, and then BEACON OF CREATION. And if I need to, Echoing Courage. My boyfriend built a really mean counter to it, using Citadel of Pain. And it certainly is painful. :ohwell:

Even if you put in the Dreadnaught from your graveyard, you're going to have to sacrifice 12 power worth of creatures.
Well what I was thinking was use Zombie Infestation to get 2 Zombies, and put imp/thug into the graveyard to start the dredging. Then (ideally) get all 4 Bridge from Below, and at least 1 Dread Return, into the graveyard ASAP. Play the Dreadnought, Dreadnought dies, makes 4 zombies (We're now at 6 zombies, 2x2 =12). Flashback Dread Return (this is where the problem starts, I need to play 3 non token creatures at some point), sac zombies, smash with dreadnought. Or alternatively with Lich Lord if something happens to the Dreadnought.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Or you could just use Trickbind and counter the ability?
Yeah, would be a good idea. Or Stifle, now that I think about it. Then I could just keep the zombies and attack for 18 instead of 24. Would take a little longer to kill them, but I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
just cast the dreadnot, than sacrifice it, thatll trigger the bridge.
really, their worth 30 buck a pop? ive got like 6. they were in a thrift store for 10 cents each
my friends and i dont really tournement, so we dont use sideboards. we just change stuff up whenever
also...wow...avatar, jeeze...i dont know wht i typed that. shes not in that deck. it was supposed to be "1 commander eesha" a 2/4 flier with pretection for creatures

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
just cast the dreadnot, than sacrifice it, thatll trigger the bridge.
really, their worth 30 buck a pop? ive got like 6. they were in a thrift store for 10 cents each
my friends and i dont really tournement, so we dont use sideboards. we just change stuff up whenever
also...wow...avatar, jeeze...i dont know wht i typed that. shes not in that deck. it was supposed to be "1 commander eesha" a 2/4 flier with pretection for creatures
Disregard that other post, bad math. Anyways, work in progress:

LAND(18)
10 Swamp
4 Underground River
4 Salt Marsh

CREATURES(22)

4 Kjeldoran Dead
4 Accursed Centaur
4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Golgari Thug
4 Stinkweed Imp
2 Lich Lord of Unx

SPELLS(20)
4 Dark Ritual
4 Bridge from Below
4 Dread Return
4 Zombie Infestation
4 Stifle

SIDEBOARD(15)
4 Dark Blast
4 Cabal Therapy
3 ****ation
4 Memory Sluice

cutter

Smash Champion
Dreadnought exploded in price ever since Wizards removed the power level errata from it.

Before the removal of the errata, it was impossible to Stifle/Trickbind Dreadnought's triggered ability because Dreadnought was errated a long time ago to say this:

"If Phyrexian Dreadnought would come into play, sacrifice any number of creatures with total power of 12 or greater. If you don't, sacrifice Phyrexian Dreadnought."

This text meant that saccing the creatures was part of a pre-requisite to play the card. If you didn't meet this pre-requisite, the Dreadnought would never come into play and it would be automatically sent from your hand into your graveyard when it resolved.

A couple of years ago though, Wizards decided to remove power-level errata from a lot of different cards, including the Dreadnought. Today, the Oracle text is:

"When Phyrexian Dreadnought comes into play, sacrifice it unless you sacrifice any number of creatures with total power 12 or greater."

The clause "When Phyrexian Dreadnought comes into play..." changed everything. This time when you resolve Dreadnought, it triggers the ability that tells you to sac creatures to it.

This is not a pre-requisite like it was in the errated text; it's a triggered ability. Because it's a triggered ability, you can stop it with a Stifle or Trickbind. This has made cheating a 12/12 trampling beatdown machine into play MUCH easier than it used to be, and because of this there is a competitive Legacy deck called "Dreadstill" which abuses the Dreadnought/Stifle combo combined with countermagic and Standstill to put a lot of pressure on your opponent.

And yes I do play Magic competitively.

cutter

Smash Champion
If you want to abuse Bridge from Below to the max, I would play Dredge Combo. It's an insanely fast deck (it can kill on turn 1), and I find it a lot of fun to play due to the ability to turn the graveyard into a very powerful resource that very few decks are able to use effectively.

Lands (12)
4 Gemstone Mine
4 City of Brass
3 Cephalid Coliseum
1 Undiscovered Paradise

Creatures (25)
4 Putrid Imp
4 Narcomoeba
4 Ichorid
3 Golgari Thug
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
1 Eternal Witness
1 Flame-Kin Zealot

Other (23)
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Breakthrough
4 Bridge from Below
2 Deep Analysis
3 Unmask
2 Dread Return

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
If you want to abuse Bridge from Below to the max, I would play Dredge Combo. It's an insanely fast deck (it can kill on turn 1), and I find it a lot of fun to play due to the ability to turn the graveyard into a very powerful resource that very few decks are able to use effectively.

Lands (12)
4 Gemstone Mine
4 City of Brass
3 Cephalid Coliseum
1 Undiscovered Paradise

Creatures (25)
4 Putrid Imp
4 Narcomoeba
4 Ichorid
3 Golgari Thug
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
1 Eternal Witness
1 Flame-Kin Zealot

Other (23)
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Breakthrough
4 Bridge from Below
2 Deep Analysis
3 Unmask
2 Dread Return
Oh yeah, I know about Ichorid. Mainly I just wanted an excuse to use Lich Lord of Unx for something. And I like fatties (Phyrexian Dreadnought). I definately might consider the zealot, breakthrough, and deep analysis though.

Missedwithtruestrike, do you mean Chainer's Edict? Or Chainer the actual creature? Because if it's the second one, then...I am quite confused as to how that would work.

cutter

Smash Champion
Flame-Kin Zealot is what really makes Bridge from Below so dangerous. He pumps your army PLUS gives them haste allowing you to swing for lethal damage.

Even better, Dread Return's flashback cost makes this all feasible. You sacrifice three creatures, and you know what that means... more zombie tokens.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Another deck I'd been messing around with. Basically you use Cascade to cheat a Hyper Genesis, then go all in and attack. Ideal hand: 3 guides(at least 1 of each), Violent Outburst, 3 fatties (2 Hellkite Overlords and 1 Borgardan Hellkite would probably be best).

LAND(22)
2 Forest
4 Sulferous Springs
4 Karplusan Forest
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Forbidden Orchard
4 City of Brass

CREATURES(24)
4 Simian Spirit Guide(3)
4 Elvish Spirit Guide(3)
4 Bloodbraid Elf(4)
4 Hellkite Overlord(8)
4 Bogardan Hellkite(8)
1 Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund(7)
1 Akroma Angel of Wrath(8)
1 Progenitus(10)
1 Thraximundar(7)

SPELLS(14)
2 Hypergenesis(None)
4 Violent Outburst(3)
4 Demonic Dread(3)
4 Pernicious Deed(3)

SIDEBOARD(15)
4 Firespout(3)
4 Krosan Grip(3)
4 Platinum Angel(7)
3 City of Solitude(3)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
ive been tweaking my grave pact deck for a while now...heres what ive got for now
main deck (60)
land (23)
22 swamp
1 dark depths

creatures (24)

1 will o the wisp
4 ravenous rats
1 fog of gnats
3 stinkweed imp***
1 phobian phantasm
4 nantuko husk
4 gravedigger
1 dimir house guard**
1 fallen angel
1 chainer, dementia master
2 grixis slavedriver**
1 liege of the pit

other spells (15)
1 tortured existence**
4 ostracize
1 dark ritual
1 bottle of suleiman*
4 grave pact
1 last laugh
1 lethal vapors
2 pestilence
1 diabolic tutor

so...basicly, the stuff in here wants to die for grave pact and last laugh to trigger, i usulay wrap it up with a big husk or the liege eating things.
ostracize is a nice opener if i dont have that wisp early.
*:i run at least one of these in verey deck i build, for the fun of it.
**:these are new to the deck
***:added a 3rd one
also, the dredge imps throw my guys to the graveyard so i can gravedig them back or use chainer faster.
the core is the gravediggers/husks/gravepacts...the rest is me trying to find somethings that wor kwell with it
took out soul spike, didnt work out enough, same with colfenor guy

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
This was the latest thread. Sorry to bump.

My custom pro deck that has recently won me $200:

Creatures:

Instants:

Enchantments:

Sorceries:

Lands:

MOUNTAIN x 12
ISLAND x 17

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I tried to get into Magic. Shame none of my friends wanted to join me... I played a Blue/Black deck I don't even remember any of the cards in it anymore... Though I did convince one of my friend to try it out and he did kinda like it, so I'm hoping.. It can take off or whatever. :/

I generally like Blue "control" the aforementioned friend liked using green/white.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hmm magic, I only play with old school players. I competed when urzas armor and fifth edition were new. has the game changed much since then, i could probly pick it up np.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I used to play a ton around the time of nemesis through ravnica... kinda quit after that. The new additions to the game kinda scare me (planeswalkers and untap abilities = WTF?)

Top Bottom