• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_> Since I'll have plenty of money----

Mango, five dollar MM. My Sheik versus your...whatever character you play.

Best two out of three.

Smooth Criminal

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you mean the new era that cannot play vs characters other than top tier?

God I hope so...hate to see a random Ness win a tournament cause people forgot how to play vs them or worst...a roy XD

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
exactly this so called new era is because everyones been lacking certain matchups its quite annoying to see peaches place that high :p

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well as a peach lover ( gf mains peach and best friend vanz does to ) I do not mind but I just think ppl play the match up bad

not to take ANYTHING away from pink fresh and armada who did very well.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yes but from what i saw i cant believe how many people kept getting hit by the last hit of her downsmash when they shielded twas quite sad to see that loool ......

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

PSST.

CK. Sneak BB in if you can. I wanna play you in some friendlies. Maybe MM, Marvel style (FOR STACKS OF HUNDREDS).

...okay, maybe I'm kidding about the Marvel-style MMs. But maybe a low-dollar MM?

Smooth Criminal

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
.....I remember something like that. But I remember 2222 stocking ur ness beforehand :)
if 2222 = last stock, then yeah :)

MM
Smooth Criminal
only doin the "Ness Challenge" stuff at this cuz it'll only take one match ^_^ See you at TO5
you mean the new era that cannot play vs characters other than top tier?

God I hope so...hate to see a random Ness win a tournament cause people forgot how to play vs them
*sigh* if only...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I've recently acquired a pretty amazing teacher.

Expect me to actually be decent by this XD

Plank, I know you're a busy man, but somewhere in the next six months, I need these questions answered:

Will there be a conveniently-enough placed location for me to setup the occasional Toasty's Nacho Stand?
In said convenient place, will/can there be a microwave with a power-level function?
Is there a grocery store somewhere near the venue where I can acquire plates and (the right) ingredients?

Is there a refrigerator anywhere on location? conveniently placed or otherwise is fine :)

you already said I could sell nachos, so I won't ask that...and don't worry I'll be throwing a good chunk [if not all] of the profits into the pot :)

Im sure there will be room for you, but there is no fridge/microwave on site =[ There are a bunch of grocery stores pretty close by, as well. I can direct you to them :p

Kage if you wanna team i'd like to, I teamed with chadddd last time and we got like 9th, sheik ganon ftw. let me know, i been practicing a lot and usually **** in teams (me+wife @ TGMSBCO??) lol :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I have great news concerning the hotel situation. There is a group of 3 Marriott hotels which will be giving us rooms for the tournament. The hotels are all within walking distance of each other, multiple restaurants/food places, the movies, and a few places to shop. The going rate for the rooms is usually $150+ (marriots are expensive as ****) but I've talked my way up to the general manager of the hotels and got a rate of $89 per night. Usually the hotel doesn't have a shuttle service but... they contacted a shuttle agency and are willing to pay the costs of the shuttle service FOR us... The shuttle will run in 2 hour blocks in the morning (time to be determined later) and late at night (after the tourney ends for the day) for 2 more hours.

The hotel has offered to make a website for reserving the rooms and telling about what the hotel has to offer. They really are working with me on this and I'm excited because I've never had such cooperation from a hotel, let alone a high end hotel like Marriott.

All i need is 60 rooms throughout the course of the weekend to get this rate (not even every night, just total) so that shouldn't be hard to do at all. I hope OOSers take advantage of this, because it's truly a really good deal! I'll have more information coming soon =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
I have great news concerning the hotel situation. There is a group of 3 Marriott hotels which will be giving us rooms for the tournament. The hotels are all within walking distance of each other, multiple restaurants/food places, the movies, and a few places to shop. The going rate for the rooms is usually $150+ (marriots are expensive as ****) but I've talked my way up to the general manager of the hotels and got a rate of $89 per night. Usually the hotel doesn't have a shuttle service but... they contacted a shuttle agency and are willing to pay the costs of the shuttle service FOR us... The shuttle will run in 2 hour blocks in the morning (time to be determined later) and late at night (after the tourney ends for the day) for 2 more hours.

The hotel has offered to make a website for reserving the rooms and telling about what the hotel has to offer. They really are working with me on this and I'm excited because I've never had such cooperation from a hotel, let alone a high end hotel like Marriott.

All i need is 60 rooms throughout the course of the weekend to get this rate (not even every night, just total) so that shouldn't be hard to do at all. I hope OOSers take advantage of this, because it's truly a really good deal! I'll have more information coming soon =]
this is sooo **** yo !!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
MD/VA we need to come out of hiding for melee. Practically none of us travel, and there's very little in the way of melee tourneys. I encourage all of us to go to TGIF melee at Chu's and syther's biweeklies whenever possible, as well as whatever else we do. I know I'm gonna host another melee tourney.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Considering Marriott's have super-fast internet and, lately, they added in RCA jacks to plug in video game consoles to the HDTV's (at least last time I was in a MD Marriott) this is sweeeeeeeet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom