• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Darkurai, Wily, you boys better stop this fighting right now or I will turn this car around.

And we won't go to Disneyland.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Wily, that was stupid.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Darkruai, why so serious?
kirby, Excellent. That's a very good moveset, I love the Specials. However, there are color codes viable around the codec. Might wanna fix that.
Ludicolo is good.
Ludicolo is a trap character.
Little Mac is also good. The final smash is very good.
EDIT: Khold, you said the same thing to Spade and I. You must take EVERYONE to Disney land.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I am sure he will get reported if he keeps this up.
Oh way ahead of you. I tell you, it's a fortunate thing that mods can see all previous edits to posts.

Also Darkurai can you give me a link to your moveset. I want to see some of the edits.
With gusto!

Darkurai, Wily, you boys better stop this fighting right now or I will turn this car around.

And we won't go to Disneyland.
BUT BUT BUT

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Darkurai: The tilts still seem generic, but then again you are working with tilts >_>. So have no idea how you can get those generic. Hm I only see about two kill moves out of his entire moveset. What type of play style does this character have. That is what I am trying to figure out. Also nice kirby hat :laugh:

Baloo: O thanks, I better fix that.:embarrass

Also what did you guys think of the organization? Is their a certain section or attack that is misplaced or hard to read?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Darkurai: The tilts still seem generic, but then again you are working with tilts >_>. So have no idea how you can get those generic. Hm I only see about two kill moves out of his entire moveset. What type of play style does this character have. That is what I am trying to figure out. Also nice kirby hat :laugh:

Baloo: O thanks, I better fix that.:embarrass

Also what did you guys think of the organization? Is their a certain section or attack that is misplaced or hard to read?
I suppose it's my fault for not really specifiying what are and aren't killing moves. I'll have to work on that.

As for the tilts, two of them are directly from Tales of the Abyss. The down tilt is the only one that I didn't take directly.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Ah Khold. We can always count on you for sarcasm/hilarity.

Anyways, for Ludicolo. One....you put his jumps as a 6.5, while comparing him to Falco, whom I believe has the best First Jump in the game, and a relatively good Second Jump.

Okay, at first I thought you wanted Ludicolo to be a super-underpowered character, looking at the stats, and the the tilts, which were good for what they do, but not much else. The mechanic seems quite difficult to get the hang of, and even then easy to screw up. I like the fact that the water actually does something, and that you don't just have to float to the top and swim around. The fire weakening is good, but, well, Mario would not be happy, as he'd have no approach underwater (hehe, Ocon). Lightening being distributed makes sense, in fact, I do believe that many people, including myself, would be curious as to why it wasn't there if, well, it had been absent.

As a Special, Leech Seed isn't all that impressive. It has a godly effect when all three are combined, making the foe pretty much helpless. However, this poses a question: Do the seeds keep sapping health when in vine form? Also, if so, it seems that five seeds would make escape a harrowing task, while healing you for 5% per second, which is quite broken. And, you could always add more to them, healing you by an increased amount, and making their escape even more troublesome. I can see that the foe would have to lack something in their cranium to let you stack five on them, but you could simply wait until the seeds sprout to add more.

Side Special is, essentially, what we've seen before: a souped up version of F.L.U.D.D. However, this will move you around underwater. I assume you can aim it to further increase movement? Also, would Mario's or Squirtle's similar techniques also move them about or use up water? And, the fact that this uses up water simply does not make sense. If anything, it would ADD to the water level, as Ludicolo is essentially spewing water from his mouth. As a side note, would the other water attacks from Mario, and especially Squirtle, as he has many more of them, add to the water level?

The Up Special, Water Spout, well, seems very broken and unbalanced, considering the Leech Seed tactic. As long as you can keep your percentage at a low level, You're golden. The recovery part is pretty generic, despite the insane amount of leverage you get. It boosts you upwards like Sonic's Spring. In fact, it lets you keep your attacks, so it is much like the Spring. Not only does it have recovery abilities, it can also be used to keep Hydro Pump out for thirty seconds straight, if it comes to that (which I doubt it will, but if you CAN aim it, your foe would have a difficult time getting to you in the first place, much less attacking you.

On to the Down Special. Okay, it doesn't have all that much range or knockback, but that only contributes to its damage-stacker status. Why must you have a wall in every one of your sets? These seem to be considered a requirement for you. They were original when they were devised, but today they're becoming rather cliche. Also, the ability to freeze the water is a bit overpowered. Not only is it a great tool for gimping, it can trap the foe if used properly. Say the water is just above Falcon's knee (not the move). You trip your foe, or they are knocked down. If you were to freeze the water at that moment, your opponent would be trapped and helpless. This may not seem like all that much, as you cannot harm them either, but think if you had five Leech Seeds planted on them. Yes. That's a guaranteed 20% damage shaved off. Now I imagine characters could crawl, but that's hardly enough movement to shake anything off. Also, If you continue to freeze the water, they'd have to crawl very far, which would still end up netting Ludicolo quite a bit of recovery.

As some sort of final note, Ludicolo's Special game seems to somewhat revolve around his Leech Seeds. All of his Specials can help Leech Seed out in some way, be it causing the seeds to sprout or trapping a foe to ensure a huge payoff.

Okay.... I think I'll just go with the specials for now. I still have a set to read, though I doubt that I'll get any more commentary done soon.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Victory Pose 4: Yoshi Pizza
Sundance walks out onto the victory screen dressed as a stereotypical Italian-American gangster and pulls out a box containing a YOSHI-SHAPED PIZZA. Little Mac and Sundance then begin to eat the pizza while the losers watch on. Mac's normal victory theme also changes to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc
THERE YA GO, SUNDANCE!
YEAH!! :cool:

MT, Little Mac was the third set I've read in this contest...BE PROUD.

God, I'm doing a lot of reading aren't I?

Anyway, Little Mac was a cool set! The Doc mechanic is win, but he says "Baby" way too much :urg:. I wondered how you'd pull off the recovery, and it turned out to be good. Congrats on your first set!

*Hands MT a big cup of SANTA CLAUS*

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I can see there are a lot of pokemon movesets. Speaking about pokemon sets, I have a question. Is the restriction on no more than 2 pokemon movesets applied to this make your move, becuase no such rule is stated on the first page. If the answer is NO, then that gives me the chance to go crazy , maybe.

I think I want to do a moveset for Golbat.
Also, I am aware of the "Pokemon Syndrome" that people complain about, being that people don't like it when you give Golbat heatwave or shadowball.
I haven't seen the other four movesets, Kanghaskan, GBA Link, Ludicolo and Little Mac yet, but I can expect greatness from all of them.

Also. your commentary on Ludicolo is great, phatcat203, you give the advice of a expert.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I believe that rule was abolished after MYM3, and I KNOW it was no longer in effect in MYM5 due to Rool posting Jumpluff, Ekans, AND Shelder.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I believe that rule was abolished after MYM3, and I KNOW it was no longer in effect in MYM5 due to Rool posting Jumpluff, Ekans, AND Shelder.
Yeah, it was agreed that that rule was pretty much pointless; it was only in place way back when because MYM 2 had a huge amount of Pokemon movesets. That was back when a moveset was incredibly short and could be finished within an hour (Blitzkrieg submitted a blasphemous 16 sets, I believe), so it was getting to be a bit much. After MYM 3, with the increased standards, the rule no longer made sense.

Although with the way everyone is tossing around these six-character joint sets, there aren't going to be any decent Pokemon to take anyway.

So, since I just happened to post (god, my post count is skyrocketing), I may as well use this opportunity to comment on Lil' Mac!!!

I've only played Mike Tyson's Punch Out myself, but since that's CLEARLY the only important one, I don't think that's a problem. Oh man, I remember the fights before Brawl came out... there were two ardent camps of supporters, one for "Retro", "Classic", or "NES" Mac, and the other for "SNES" or "Blond" Mac. I remember despising the SNES Mac, and always hoping the REAL Mac would be the one to make it in. Well... he did, I guess. Even though both sides were crestfallen, the NES Macs wasted no time in rubbing it in. How well I remember.

So now that I'm done reminiscing, the actual moveset? It impresses me that you managed to do it for a generic boxer. I've been pondering King Hippo myself, but it just feels like an array of punch attacks can't match up in today's MYM. You compensate partially by using some prop moves, which is acceptable, I suppose. I love the few chocolate-based and the usage of Doc; it's standard trap fare but cool nonetheless.

There's a lot of character in the set, and although you took some creative liberties, I'd say it payed off. Not a big fan of the rather lazy organization or the props, but aside from that, great job, my droog.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Mexican dancing Duck! Oh great. Another fascinating mechanic booster.

ok, ok. A comment for reals this time...

Ludicolo: First off, I have to say you've done a remarkable job, considering Ludicolo is a 3rd generation pokemon
(and all the pokemon from that generation lack even fundamental characterisation).
Once I made it through the complex web of your move interactions, I realised how fun Ludicolo would actually be to play. And it would be fun. But it will still be technically a case of trial and error for new players to understand; You seem to obsessively keep the important moves as far away from his specials as possible.

Personality wise, you got pretty much everything I would have thought of (other than liking to dance in the rain and par-tay, what else is there to work with? It isn't like you chose a 1st gen pokemon that literally writes itself).
Although, as a duck/lilypad, I would expect him to float on top of water rather than swim circles around everyone in it.

I'm not too sure about rain dance drowning the whole stage in water. For one, what would it look like on Delfino Plaza or Halberd? And for that matter how would the water interact with the water on Jungle Japes? And what about characters with their own swimming mechanics? Are they rendered moot by this special water?
argh, too many things about this special mechanic that don't make sense. But whatever, it'd be fun to play with and that's the only thing that actually matters.

Lastly, is there some reason why Ludicolo can't dance to keep the water level high? In the playstyle you heavily imply that the water level dissapearing is unavoidable.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
All right, update #2.

Changes:
-Gave names to all the moves.
-Added "Tech Versatility" ability.
-Added "No Strength" hinderance.
-Added animations for teching.
-Added various animations for metal.
-Changed range for down-tilt.
-Changed a few descriptions.
-Changed effect for second hit of back-air.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
None of which I've fully read... :urg:

Ah, well. I'm just in a bit of a rut.

But tbh, I don't read A LOT of movesets completely. I might finish a lot of them, but there aren't many times when I take the time to do it thoroughly. Is that bad?

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
What tenacity. Simultaneously amazed and joyful am I, to see that MakeYourMove is still alive. Why, who would have thought that this crazy (yet awesome) idea would ever find a sequel, far less a 6th installment. From distracting rabid Smash fans from the torturous wait for Brawl, to distracting jaded Smash fans from the limits of Brawl; how time has passed. I shudder to think how my early works in the first board, compare to these detailed products of Smash love and labor.

Perhaps I too shall join the fray yet again!
So yeah, I'm probably going to make a moveset here.
Like this one:

SHIKI TOHNO

-BACKGROUND-

From the twisted world of Tsukihime and Melty Blood, enters the demon hunter Shiki Tohno. Once a normal student burdened by anemia from a childhood accident, his life soon becomes one of both reverie and nightmares. Cursed as well from the accident, he gained the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception; granting him the ability to see the "death" of all things and the capacity to affect them. Perhaps it was fate, that these eyes and his forgotten past were to drag him into the fantasy he now finds himself; a world of demons and vampires, of immortals and creatures beyond human understanding.

[Made as spoiler free as possible. Go play Tsukihime and Melty Blood if you want to know more about this badass. Also note that there is no Tsukihime anime. http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff11/MetaLord_2007/Hisuisays.jpg]

-STATISTICS-

The sole survivor to an ancient clan of demon hunters who were devoted to breeding the perfect human, Shiki, when his bloodline is awakened, gains abilities at the peak of human potential. His almost superhuman agility and skills are meant to slay the most inhuman of creatures, making him a cruelly efficient and dare I say it, deadly assassin.

Weight: Approximately the same as Marth. Still just a high school student, he hasn't yet the bulk of an adult.

Size: Again, similar to Marth. He's just your "average" teenager.

Ground Speed: Amazing. Faster than C. Falcon, he glides across the stage like a specter. Still slower than Sonic of course, but can turn during dashing just as quickly.

Air Speed: Imagine the smooth DI of Zamus combined with the falling speed of Wolf. As quick in the air as he is on the ground, he rivals even Metaknight in the sky.

Power: He wields his inheritance, a knife inscribed with the name of his clan: Nanaya, as weapon of choice against the otherwordly forces that threaten humanity. Certainly not as powerful as a sword; it is best for quick unexpected attacks.

Attack Speed: Wielding his knife with speed equaling, perhaps surpassing Metaknight's, it's unlikely that an opponent will ever get the first move. That is, if they ever move again.

Jump: Comparative to Marth's jump height. Air game is excellent thanks to this, DI, and fall speed.

Crawl: No

Wall Jump: Yes

Wall Cling: *No

Hover: No

Glide: No

*Can run on walls. Works just like moving during a wall cling.

-ANIMATIONS-

Standard Pose: Stands with his knife held backhanded, eyes focused intently on the world before him.

Exhausted: Holds his chest, as if in pain

Idling: Sweeps back his hair and narrows his eyes with a mischievous smile. What is he thinking?

Walking: Casually walks forward with his knife behind him. There's something menacing about it.

Running: Your average run, except with a knife

Dashing: Stays low to the ground and appears to glide across the stage.

Forward Jump: Leaps forward and flips just before landing.

Backward Jump: Flips backwards

Mid-Air Jump: Pushes against the air below him for a second jump

Crouching: Bends his legs down (which I suppose is what crouching is)

Hanging: Hangs with one hand, with the other by his side holding the knife

Swimming: Breaststroke

Forward Roll: Dashes forward and turns around to get behind the opponent

Bacward Roll: Back flip

Side Step: Instantaneously turns on his right foot into the background

Air Dodge: Leans his body into the background

Shield: Holds both arms up to cover his face

Trip: Rolls forward onto his back, grimacing

Dazed: Holds his head and struggles to stand

Sleeping: Sits down and dozes off

UNIQUE MECHANICS

Mystic Eye Killer - The concept of death isn't something that should normally be perceived by the human mind. As such, Shiki is under constant strain when his brain conceives the lines of death. Like an overworked engine, if Shiki perceives "death" for too long, his mind will fail under the burden. To prevent this he wears the Mystic Eye Killer, a pair of indestrucable glasses which cancel out his Mystic Eyes.

After 2 min without his glasses, Shiki becomes exhausted from the stress of his Mystic Eyes. Although his attacks become no weaker, he becomes visibly tired. After one more minute, he'll become dazed whenever he makes an attack. Use the Mystic Eye Killers to prevent this. While wearing them, he will start to recover and after 2 min will return to his default state.

Levels of Perception - As Shiki makes longer use of his Mystic Eyes, they inevitably become stronger as his mind attempts to reach the ultimate perception of death. This results in a greater effectiveness at manipulating the areas of fated destruction.

As time passes, when Shiki isn't wearing his glasses, his attacks gradually gain higher hit stun and shield breaking properties. At maximum (after 3 min) hit stuns of all his knife attacks increase by 150%. The same attacks also gain 2X effectiveness at destroying shields. With his glasses on however, the effect is reversed at an equal rate.

Find a balance between the two mechanics! Take notice of Shiki's animations to check how much time has passed. If you risk passing the time limit, your damage potential will sky rocket and your opponent will fear using his shield. But be wary of getting dazed your self!

STANDARD ATTACKS

The Mystic Eyes of Death Perception; a psychic ability which endows one with the sight of "death." After a near death experience, Shiki can now see black, jagged lines across all things. These are the places at which existence is fated to end, the "death" of an object. His eyes allow him to touch these lines, and with a sharp object, cut across them. This induces the instant, fated destruction represented by the lines. An irreversible effect. Areas where these lines meet appear as fathomless, black dots; and piercing them means the annihilation of the object's existence; in living beings, even immortal ones, death is the result of this non-existence.

Thankfully, since there is no "death" in Brawl, this power won't make him imba(imbalanced) or overpowered... maybe.

Rather than cause death, Shiki's attacks have higher hit stuns than most others, making it easy for him to combo. Some of his attacks cause extreme damage to shields as well, like Marth's Standard-B. It's even rumored that he can incrementally decrease the strength of his opponent's attacks.
(KO percent estimates refer to Mario's weight)
(Bowser-length = amount of stage a standing Bowser covers)
(Attacks based on Melty Blood moveset. Not to say that I'm copying everything)

Standard-A
A 3-hit combo. Swipes forward with his left hand then does a low kick, and finishes with a horizontal knife slash. He moves slightly forward during the second and third attack.
The slash has purely lateral knockback, meaning opponents are sent flying parallel to the ground. This is in addition to a high hit stun like Wolf's combo.

Like most 3-hit combos, it comes out extremely quickly and is almost impossible to escape once caught. Take advantage of its unique knockback and chase at mid-low percents. At high percents, you can stand close to the edge against characters like Ike and send them flying beyond recovery. Or you can cancel in the middle of the move and grab or use a tilt.

Forward-Tilt
A 2-hit combo. Thrusts forward with his elbow and arcs his knife up in front of him. The first attack stuns the opponent in place for a shorter time than Snake's, but the second comes out faster. You can attempt an infinite lock, but its going to be much harder due to the lower stun. The knife slash has 2 points of knockback: within the arc and at the circumference.
The former area lifts opponents vertically into the air and can KO at the top, while the latter launches opponents sideways. Both have high hit stuns comparable to Wolf's side-tilt.

Best used as a killing move since the first hit comes out so quickly. Make sure to use the vertical knockback in the middle of a stage and the horizontal near the edge. Again, take advantage of the high hit stun at low percents for chasing.

Up-Tilt
Spins forward and brings his right leg down onto opponent's heads. Acts like Samus' but slightly weaker in terms of knockback. As spammable as Lucario's though. Bounces opponents off the ground with high hit stun. 10%

Use it to rack up damage at low percents or spike opponents at the edge. KOs off the top at around 200%.

Down-Tilt
Two quick knife slashes while crouching. Drags the opponent in for both hits. Low knockback but capable of tripping. 5% each hit

Use it to rack up damage or for an unexpected hit.

Dash - "Come on then. Let's die together."
A fearless charge toward even the most unsurmountable of odds; Shiki is blind to all else except a single point. With inhuman precision does he pierce it, driving in his knife with the momentum of the colliding bodies. 13% + % of Cancelled move

During this move, Shiki holds his knife outwards and thrusts it after moving a Bowser-length. But, what makes it special is that it can break super-armor. A fully charged Donkey Punch? An Ike Smash? A Warlock Punch? It doesn't matter what kind of frames they have, because this move destroys them. And if it does, then the knockback and damage is sent right back at the opponent. A "super armor counter" as it can be called. But otherwise this knocks opponents behind Shiki at a constant distance of about a Bowser-length. Thus, due to this move's long endlag, Shiki is completely vulnerable to counterattack.

Take chances! If you see someone charging super armor smashes or a reverse-Warlock Punch, run toward them and attack! But if you miss... good luck dodging.

Side Smash - Severance
"I can see them; the lines of death," Shiki muses to himself. Those ever present black lines entangle the opponent before him, showing him where to cut. As he concentrates the pain in his head intensifies, but now the lines thicken and grow. "There," he says.

Shiki focuses his eyes and attempts to directly cut the lines on his opponent. He readies his knife and stepping forward, swings his arm at a blinding speed, severing existence. 25%

One of Shiki's best killing moves, this deadly attack rivals Marth's tipped F-Smash in terms of knockback. Combined with its forward movement (about 3/4 of Wolf's F-smash), shield breaking properties, and massive priority this is something even the mightiest of foes will want to avoid. But with its long startup and endlag, you're going to have to predict your opponent's movements beforehand.

Use it to keep opponents on their toes! Mix it up in your attacks for some interesting results. Remember that it absolutely devastates shields, so expect sidesteps, roll dodges, and jumps for those used to it.

Up-Smash - Asunder
"Above?" Shiki reacts to a movement in the sky and sees a blur of black lines. "How stupid, do you want to die so badly?" he mutters as he brings his knife up. "I see it, your end"

Shiki slashes across the sky once and then drives his knife upwards. The slash acts just like the initial hits from Link's U-Smash. If he hits the middle of the opponent with his thrust, he pierces their point of death for extreme damage and knockback. 5% - Slash 15% - Off center thrust 20% - Center thrust

Try to master the art of hitting opponents in the middle. Remember, middle means that a line from the point of impact divides the hitbox into two equal areas. The tolerance decreases with smaller characters, so practice with someone like Bowser first. Although much harder to hit than Marth's U-Smash tipper, hitting the point of death (a "pointer") can kill off the top at around 50%.

Down-Smash - Transpierce
"I'm surrounded," thinks Shiki. Extending both knife and hand he says, "No problem at all."

Crouching, Shiki thrusts both arms outward impaling those foolish enough to stand close to him. One hand holding the knife straight, the other simply using two fingers; the points of death are skewered all the same. Opponents are sent flying horizontally across the stage. 22% - Knife 20% - Hand

Different from your usual sweeping move, this attack comes out almost immediately on both sides meaning roll dodging is somewhat effective at evading it. But this is made up by its speed and knockback. Use it as a quick KO move like Metaknight's.

-AERIALS-

Neutral
A mid-air slash where he passes the knife into his left hand to swing. A powerful single hit, it has doesn't have any sex kick properties. Use it like you would Metaknight's for a KO. 12%

Another excellent killing move with no start lag and little endlag. Utilize your airspeed to juggle airborne opponents.

Forward
Shiki forcefully swings his leg down in mid-air, sending opponents plummeting into the ground (or an endless abyss). 10%

A nice spike similar to Snake's F-air, though it comes out heck of a lot faster. Not quite as powerful of course, but much easier to hit due to its speed. Chase opponents to the edge and finish them off with this.

Back
Shiki stabs the air behind him. 10%

Like a lot of b-airs in this game (for some reason) this move is pretty effective for KOs. Think Ike's only with less range and knockback, but higher hit stun.

Up
Shiki arcs his knife upward. 8%

A pretty pathetic move due to its lack of noticeable knockback. Would have been effective for juggling... if Shiki had multiple jumps like Metaknight. Use it just for the sake of mixing things up.

Down - Flash Run: Six Demons
Shiki descends to earth with an air cutting kick. 15% Whole duration

Unlike Zamus' and Sonic's d-airs, this move drags the opponent down with Shiki until it ends. You can use it as a suicide spike! Even better, you can cancel it with your Up-B! Works like Wolf's Up-B but with no knockback at the end.

-SPECIALS-

Neutral - Across the Lines of Death: Summer Snow
"All around me, the world is filled with death," thought Shiki. "Ha... Ha Ha Ha Ha. Good."

Shiki begins to cut everything around him, shredding both the living and non-living to oblivion. His arm moves with indescribable speed, creating an area of invisible destruction. 20% Whole duration

Tap B to sustain it for up to 3 seconds. This attack catches and drags in opponents for continuous damage, and flings their remains in random directions. Blocks projectiles too! However, it prevents Shiki from moving for the duration, and has some endlag.

Doesn't cancel your momentum, so use it while moving to catch your opponent! It covers both sides of Shiki about 3/4 Bowser-lengths on each side, giving it the most range of Shiki's standing atttacks. Its random knockback direction makes it hard for chasing though, but you can use it off the stage for an unexpected spike!

Side - "Disappear, Fragile Thing"
Blind to their mortality these creatures act recklessly, walking straight to their destruction. Everything ends eventually; the line between being and non-being is thinner than anyone can imagine. "Let me show you how brittle your existence is," said the god of death.

Shiki faces the mortal things before him, clearly seeing their inevitable ends. In an instant he disappears from their sight, and in another reappears behind them. They fall into nothingness, their infinitesimal pieces no longer visible. 9%

This move has Shiki moving faster than the eye can follow and cutting apart everything he passes. Covering a distance slightly farther than C. Falcon's side-b, with a speed near a Fox Illusion, and rendering Shiki untouchable in the middle like Metaknight's cape; this is the ultimate approach move. Opponents take damage after Shiki reappears. It has a constant knockback that sends opponents straight up from where they were caught. Special: decreases the strength of opponents' attacks by 1 use. That is, make it as if they used the move once more than they actually did.

Rather than for attack, use this to keep pressure on your opponent. Faster than your dash and rendering you untouchable for the duration, even characters with projectiles won't keep you at bay. But watch out for its minor endlag. It may not be that long, but if you carelessly reappear right in front of your opponent, except a painful reprisal. Also take advantage of its special ability! Especially effective against people that spam smashes.

Up - Flash Run: Seven Angels, Crescent Moon
A kick no one understands. Shiki performs a deadly rising kick and finishes with a mid-air flip kick. It drags opponents in for 7 hits and launches them skywards, making a 75 degree angle from the horizon; goes a bit farther than Marth's Up-b. 7% Rising Kick 7% Flip Kick 10% Air blade

Wouldn't you believe it, this thing is an awesome KO move. The flip kick creates an instantaneous blade of air with excellent knockback. Use it to finish off juggled enemies or to stave off would be edgeguarders. A lot better than Sonic's stupid double jump thing, am I right? Of course, it doesn't work if you caught them in your rising kick first. For recovery, it has the same disadvantage as Marth's; you can get caught under the stage. So remember not to use it directly below the edge.

Down - True Death: Nanaya
Shiki holds out a hand, daring his opponent to attack. All offensive comes to naught as he jumps back in an instant. "Off with your head" he taunts. A knife embeds itself into flesh, a hand twists a delicate neck... it's over.

A counter move where Shiki lifts his hand in front of himself. If he's attacked the moment it's used, he jumps back and throws his knife across the stage. He remains standing until it hits something, at which he suddenly appears and twists the neck of the victim. The unfortunate soul falls to the ground unconscious (like with Snake's d-throw). Special: Decreases strength of opponent's attacks by 2 uses. 2 X Countered Attack %

The counter lasts for only 3 frames (1/20 sec) in one direction and the miss endlag leaves you completely open for a quick smash, so make yours count! The knife travels faster than Fox's laser so you won't be standing for long, but you can still take damage during those frames. Most useful against projectile attacks, because you reappear where your knife lands; usually stuck in someone. For walls and items, Shiki just lands nonchalantly near them and picks up his knife. Otherwise, if the knife hits nothing, Shiki just reappears where it stops. Travels the length of Final Destination... take care not to throw it off the stage.

-THROWS-

Pummel - Across the Lines of Death: Dissection
Shiki slashes the lines on his opponents as they flail about, slowly erasing their existence. 1%
Slower than other pummels, each hit decreases their strength by 1 use.
If you like spamming grabs, then make sure to use this too. Perfect against those who spam smashes instead.

Forward - "Away"
Sends the opponent flying back with a powerful kick. 8%

Back - "Stay Down"
Spins his body to lift his opponent, and slams them into the ground. 9%

Up - "Fall"
Jumps up with his opponent and launches them into the ground with his knife. 10%

Down - Grave 10%
Shiki pushes his opponent onto the ground and stabs their point of death, leaving them unconscious.

-SITUATIONALS-

Ledge Attack
Shiki lifts himself up and stabs forward.

Ledge Attack >100%
Swings up from the edge and lands with a powerful downward slash.

Rising Attack
Jumps unto his feet while swinging his knife at a blinding speed.

-FINAL SMASH-

TOHNO GLAND: ATTACK OF THE IDIOT HEROINES AND MINOR LOVE INTERESTS
Yes, the infamous source of Shiki's massive harem of supernatural women enters the Brawl. Some claim it to be pheromones, while others believe its his personality but no matter what it is no female seems able to resist him. The gland has enamored the princess of the original vampires, an immortal heretic hunter of the Church, his adopted sister of a demonic bloodline, his twin maids, his schoolmate turned vampire, his adopted sister of a branch family, a girl able to see the future, a succubus, and a genius alchemist. Fear its power!

All female characters automatically join Shiki's team for the rest of the match. Shiki summons his harem to destroy everything else. It's unblockable and unstoppable. Eventually the girls start fighting over Shiki and end up killing themselves and annihilating the stage. Shiki wins no matter what.

This is what it looks like:
-TAUNTS-

Wait... that's not it.

-REAL FINAL SMASH-

MYSTIC EYES OF DEATH PERCEPTION:

Up
Toggles the Mystic Eye Killers.
[Not wearing] Shiki takes the glasses from his pockets and puts them on with one eye closed and a grin. He says, "Guess I didn't need to see them after all."

[Wearing] Removes his glasses and puts them in his pocket. He says, "I'll show you what it means to kill things."

Side
[Wearing] Puts his hand behind his head and says,"Maybe we should stop before someone gets hurt."
[Not wearing] Takes a readying stance and says, "Your existence; I'll erase it."

Down
[Wearing] Clutches his chest and groans, "No... not now!"
[Not wearing] Grabs his head in pain, then lets out a demonic howl.

-VICTORY-

[1] Shiki puts on his glasses and breathes a sigh of relief

[2] Holds his knife up and looks at the screen​

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
It is always wonderful to see an old MYMer return.

Anyway, I must inform you that the rules have changed considerably since your time in MYM. Posting incomplete movesets is now against the rules, as stated in the OP, as it contributes to spam. I think I speak for all the leadership in that you will be let off with a warning, but if you continue to do this, you will be penalized in accordance to the OP. It is not necessary to post incomplete movesets anyway, as they can easily be saved into Word, Wordpad, or any similar programs.

Thank you.

MetaLord

Smash Cadet
According to relativity, I'm where ever I want to
Oh god, why do I never read the miscellaneous sections? Sorry for that. Guess this old timer just couldn't keep up with the times. It was always a habit of mine to post things halfway; part for the background and part for the moveset. Anyways, do you have any other constructive input for my obsolete methods? Just in case I do something stupid again.

D

Deleted member

" How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?

The answer: use a gun." –
The Engineer

Run for cover! The Engineer, with his mechanical expertise, has entered the ring of battle!

Background

The Engineer hails from Team Fortress 2, a class-based shooting game developed by Valve. The Engineer class specializes in building several types of machinery that can turn the side of the battle: Sentry guns, Dispensers, and Teleporters. Sentries in particular are useful for guarding Capture Points and Intelligence from the enemy team. As a result, the Engineer is a major defensive class.

This amiable, soft-spoken good ol' boy from tiny Bee Cave, Texas loves barbecue, guns, and higher education. Natural curiosity, ten years as a roughneck in the west Texas oilfields, and eleven hard science PhDs have trained him to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.

Stats

Power (Sentry Gun) – 6/10:
Sentries guns are good for dealing damage, although they have low knockback at best.

Power (Engineer) – 5/10: The Engineer himself cannot deal much damage, but can send foes flying.

Walking Speed – 3/10: The Engineer is not particularly fast.

Dashing Speed – 4/10: The Engineer’s running speed doesn’t fare much better.

Weight – 7/10: The Engineer’s girth results in a good amount of weight.

Size – 6/10: The Engineer is a little taller than Mario, although his width is closer to that of Ganondorf.

Range – 5/10: The Engineer’s range isn’t anything significant.

Attack Speed – 4/10: The Engineer is rather slow when it comes to attacking.

First Jump – 5/10: In case you don’t know yet, the Engineer is rather heavy.

Second Jump – 4/10: His second jump is a little below average.

Crouch – 2/10: Crouching is pretty pointless for the Engineer, unless you want to use his D-Tilt.

Animations

Standard Pose:
The Engineer slouches. His wrench, carried in his right hand, is being bounced off his left.

Idle Pose: The Engineer pulls out an acoustic, looking similar to the one he played in the “Meet the Engineer” video, and tunes it, before putting it away.

Walking: Besides the moving of his feet, this is practically identical to his standard pose.

Running: The Engineer leans a bit more forward, but there is no other difference.

Dashing: The Engineer is now moving both of his arms as he moves.

Jump: The Engineer simply jumps, his arms held out a few feet.

Crouching: The Engineer crouches a bit, but there is no other difference from his standard pose.

Ledge-Hanging: The Engineer holds on with his right hand, alternating glances between the stage and the space below him.

Swimming: The Engineer paddles along, as you would expect.

Tripped: The Engineer falls face-first on the ground. His face expresses annoyance.

Dizzy: Stands around, confused, murmuring something about spies sappin’ his sentry.

Sleeping: The Engineer sits on the ground, passed out and snoring.

Metal

Next to the Engineer’s damage counter is a statistic called Metal. The amount of metal you have is critical for several attacks. Metal is used to build and fix the Engineer’s machines. You can receive metal from Dispensers (see Side B), as long as it's either your own or a teammate. Any healing item will also grant you at least 10 Metal. By default, the Engineer is granted 100 Metal per life. This is the most he can have at any time.

Special Moves

Neutral B – Sentry Gun:

Appearance: The Engineer cheerfully states, "Buildin' a Sentry," and places a toolbox in front of him, which starts morphing into the Level 1 Sentry Gun. The Sentry usually builds for 5 seconds.

Effect: The initial building of the Sentry Gun uses 60 Metal. Once built, the Sentry Gun’s range is a little more than half the size of Battlefield’s main platform. If the Sentry Gun targets an enemy, it will fire at its target. The Sentry Gun can shoot upwards through jump-through platforms, but cannot shoot through any platforms from above. The Sentry Gun has three levels, which can be upgraded with 40 Metal each. All three stages have a second of lag between identifying its target and firing its ammo.

Level 1:
The first level the Sentry Gun has fires only shells. The Sentry fires three shells, each dealing 6% damage. However, it deals no knockback. While the Sentry is at Level 1, it can be picked up and carried.

Level 2:
The Sentry’s second level replaces shells with rounds. Each round can deal up to 10% damage. However, it still does not have knockback. Unlike Level 1, Level 2 Sentries cannot be picked up.

Level 3:
Level 3 fires rounds identical to those of Level 2. However, it adds a rocket immediately after each round. Each rocket deals 13% damage. If the Engineer charges a Smash Attack, the Sentry Gun will fire a rocket that deals up to 17% damage. Unlike bullets and rounds, rockets can cause low knockback.

The ammo of all stages have a projectile hitbox and high priority.

On another note, Sentry Guns can malfunction if they fire too often. This will be shown if a Wrench icon appears above the Sentry. However, this can be fixed with 20 Metal. Sentry Guns can also be destroyed if they are dealt 20% damage without being fixed. The Wrench icon will appear in this case also.

Forward B – Dispenser:
Appearance:
As with the Sentry Gun, the Engineer places a toolbox in front of himself. This time, however, he brags, "Erectin' a Dispenser," as the Dispenser forms. The formation takes about five seconds.

Effect: This uses 50 Metal. Like the Sentry, Dispensers will be destroyed at 20% damage. However, they are crucial to being a successful Engineer. The Dispenser will give you 20 Metal each time you come up to it. Because Metal is so important, one of the first things an Engineer should do is use this attack. However, try to avoid setting up the Dispenser within the inner half of the Sentry Gun’s range; The Sentry Gun will misidentify the Dispenser as an enemy. Each time you are given Metal, the Dispenser will take 5 seconds of recharging before it can give out more Metal.

Up B – Teleporter:
Appearance:
A Teleporter appears below the Engineer. After half a second, the Engineer is teleported twice his height above his previous location. During this attack, he will say, "Thanks for the ride, pardner."

Effect: As with most recoveries, this attack will put the Engineer into helplessness. This attack also uses 50 Metal. However, there is a possible bonus. If the Engineer reappears where an opponent is, the opponent will be telefragged. That is, they will suffer 20% damage and high knockback. This has a joint hitbox and low priority.

Down B – Lock-On:
Appearance:
The Engineer pulls out his PDA, and presses a few buttons on it. Three bubbles will appear around his head during this time, each one showing one of your opponents. Once the attack is completed, he will warn, "Start prayin', boy!"

Effect: Depending on which direction you press on the Control Stick, a different opponent will be locked onto. This will happen if you press left, right, or up. If you press down, the move will be canceled. While locked-on, the Sentry Gun will fire only at the chosen opponent. The Sentry Gun will unlock with another use of this attack.

Standard Attacks and Tilts

A Combo – Wrench:
Appearance:
The Engineer swings his Wrench half of a floating Battlefield platform ahead of him.

Effect: Getting hit by the Wrench means being dealt 6% damage and low knockback. The Wrench is a disjointed hitbox and has medium priority. There is half a second of starting lag and ending lag each. However, this attack is one of the most important the Engineer has. Using this attack on a Sentry Gun or Dispenser setting itself up will speed up the process to twice the original speed. In addition, using this on a constructed Sentry or Dispenser will use 10 Metal in fixing it.

Forward Tilt – Shotgun:
Appearance:
The Engineer pulls out his shotgun and fires it, stumbling backwards a bit after the blast.

Effect: This attack has starting and ending lag of a second each, and deals 8% damage and moderate knockback. The blast has infinite range but low priority.

Up Tilt – Pistol:
Appearance:
The Engineer whips out his pistol and his three shots above himself, mildly laughing.

Effect: This attack deals 10% damage and moderate knockback. There is practically no starting lag, although there is an ending lag of half a second. This attack only hits if the opponent if about to land on the Engineer. This has infinite range but low priority.

Down Tilt – Stickybomb:
Appearance:
Although the Stickybomb is a specialty of the Demoman, the Engineer has “borrowed” a few for the sake of the moveset. The Engineer places a Stickybomb on the ground, which happens without any lag. The Stickybomb explodes four seconds later, with an explosion the size of a Battlefield platform.

Effect: The Engineer can move before the explosion occurs, which deals 9% damage and above average knockback. This disjointed hitbox has medium priority.

Dash – Duck-and-Roll:
Appearance:
The Engineer jumps to the ground and rolls forward a Batte. This move takes half a second to complete, and leaves the Engineer with half a second of ending lag as he stands back up.

Effect: This attack deals 7% damage and low knockback. It is a joint hitbox with low priority.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash – If You Can Dodge a Wrench:
Appearance:
The Engineer angrily throws his Wrench forward, which flies two Battlefield platforms away before landing. He taunts, "Take it like a man, shorty."

Effect: As with the A Combo, the Wrench deals 6% damage if uncharged, 10% if charged. However, this attack has above average knockback. There is a second of starting lag, not counting the charging of the attack, and a second and a half of ending lag. The Wrench is a projectile hitbox with low priority.

Up Smash – Meet the Spy:
Appearance:
While this attack charges, the Engineer will look around, wondering if there is a Spy nearby. Sure enough, when this attack is pulled off, an enemy Spy appears nearby and attempts to stab any opponent close enough to the Engineer. This attack has no other lag, and has a range of two Battlefield platforms.

Effect: If the Spy is successful, he will cause 8-12% damage and high knockback to an opponent. This is a projectile hitbox with high priority. However, there is a twist. Once the spy makes his attack, he will don his cloaking device and sneak towards either the Sentry Gun or the Dispenser. If he reaches either one, he will attach a sapper to it and jump into the background. If either one is sapped, they will stop working and will explode if left alone for five seconds. Like fixing the Sentry Gun, it takes 20 Metal to knock off the sapper. However, if the Spy is attacked by anything before he saps something – even if he is hit by Fox’s Blaster – he will fall onto the ground, killed by the attack.

Down Smash – Demolish:
Appearance:
As with the Down B, the Engineer will pull out his PDA and up to two bubbles will appear on either side of his head. However, unlike the Down B, the bubbles show his Sentry and/or his Dispenser. If you use this attack while no Sentries or Dispensers are up, the Engineer will say, "Naahhh..."

Effect: As with the Down B, whether you press left, right, or down will affect how this attack will work. If you press left, the Sentry will explode. If you press right, the Dispenser will instead. Both of these variations deal 8% damage, moderate knockback, and medium priority. This will leave 70% of the Metal used in the initial construction available to pick up. If you press down, the attack will cancel itself. This attack does nothing if the Engineer has nothing active.

Aerials

Neutral Air – Mini Turret:
Appearance:
The Engineer pulls out a miniature version of the Level 1 Sentry Gun. After a second of hesitation, it fires three bullets at the nearest opponent, wherever they may be. There is about half a second of ending lag, and the range is that of two Battlefield platforms.

Effect: Each bullet deals 4% damage, but unlike the Level 1 Sentry, it deals a small bit of knockback. The bullets have medium priority. This attack uses 20 Metal, and needs to recharge for five seconds before use again. If used again before it’s recharged, it will explode, dealing the Engineer 12%.

Forward Air – Shotgun Blast:
Appearance:
The Engineer pulls out his trusty shotgun, and fires it forward. The blast stretches for the length of two Battlefield platforms. There is starting lag and ending lag of a second each.

Effect: Unlike the Forward Tilt, this blast deals 10% damage and moderate knockback. This has infinite range and medium priority.

Backwards Air – Rocket Launcher:
Appearance:
Yet another “borrowed” attack, this time from the Soldier. The Engineer turns around ninety degrees, pulling out a rocket launcher in the process. He fires a blast behind him that has two seconds of starting lag and a second of ending.

Effect: This attack deals 14% damage and very high knockback. It also has infinite range. It has the highest priority of any of the Engineer's ordinarily executable attacks.

Up Air – The Spy is Falling:
Appearance:
An enemy Spy turns off his cloaking device half of the Engineer’s height above him. This attack has starting lag of a single second, but no ending lag.

Effect: The Spy is a projectile with high priority. If there is an opponent between the two of them, they will be dealt 11% damage and moderate knockback. However, if not, the Spy will attack the Engineer, dealing 8% damage.

Down Air – Pistol Spike:
Appearance:
I’m sorry I couldn’t come up with a more original name for this. The Engineer whips out his Pistol and fires two shots below himself.

Effect: This attack deals 4% damage. If this hits any ground-locked opponents, there is little knockback to speak of. However, any aerial foes who fall victim to this attack will be spiked. This attack has infinite range. There is high priority with this attack.

Grab and Throws

Grab:

The Engineer reaches out half a platform with his left hand at the opponent. This has a second of starting and ending lag each.

Pummel – Wrench Smack:
Appearance:
The Engineer smacks his Wrench across the face of his victim. There is a quarter of a second of starting and ending lag each.

Effect: This deals 4% damage.

Forward Throw – Home Run:
Appearance:
The Engineer lets go of his victim and prepares a one-handed swing from his Wrench. After a second, the enemy is hit. There is a quarter second of ending lag.

Effect: The victim is dealt 9% damage but high knockback. The enemy is unable to move during this attack.

Back Throw – Dance, Pardner:
Appearance:
The Engineer pushes his enemy behind him as he digs out his pistol. After half a second, the Engineer starts shooting at his victim’s feet, which persists for a second and a half.

Effect: This attack deals 6% damage and no knockback.

Up Throw – Playing With Guns:
Appearance:
The Engineer tosses his victim skyward, pulls out his pistol, and shoots his victim three times.

Effect: This attack deals 8% damage and moderate knockback. There is half a second of starting lag but hardly any ending lag.

Down Throw – Shotgun Victim:
Appearance:
The Engineer throws his victim to the ground and shoots them with his shotgun. There is evenly distributed lag totally up to a second.

Effect: This deals 10% damage and moderate knockback.

Final Smash

Use More Gun:

Appearance:
The Engineer pulls out his PDA and presses a few buttons, taunting, "I'm done playing games with you, boy." He pulls out a stool and an acoustic guitar and sits on the stool as six Level 3 Sentry Guns appear on the stage in various locations. In addition, a Pyro will appear, constantly spewing fire from his flamethrower in an attempt to Spy-check.

Effect: While the Pyro is out, you gain control of him instead of the Engineer. He is about the Engineer's size, and runs at the same speed, although his jumping ability is more akin to that of Mario. The Pyro's flame will deal 4% damage per second in contact with it, and is a disjointed hitbox with high priority that stretches a Battlefield platform ahead of himself. While you control him, he is invincible. In addition, he will access to two additional attacks:

All A Combinations – Rounds:
All of the Sentry Guns fires rounds, each of which deals 25% damage and high knockback. There is a second of starting lag.

All B Combinations – Missiles:
A Sentry Guns fires a missile, which deals 30% damage and high knockback. There is once again a second of starting lag.

Both of these additional attacks have infinite range and top priority. The Final Smash as a whole will end after 10 seconds.

Playstyles

Offensive

It is fairly easy to play an offensive Engineer. Typically, the Engineer mostly plays like a normal character; Just use his tilts and Smashes on the ground, etc. However, he has the added advantage of having a Sentry Gun. However, if you're playing with an offensive focus, it would be a good idea to not upgrade the Sentry Gun after it is built. This is because at Level 1, the Sentry Gun can be carried around and shoot anyone wherever it is. However, this will not allow you to attack while carrying it around. As a result, you should not depend on the Sentry Gun all of the time. It is typically easiest to rely on projectile combat, since the Engineer has few melee attacks. However, his ability to stay away from opponents is impaired by his slow speed. These are the only major downsides to playing offensively.

Defensive
Playing as a defensive Engineer might not be the best idea. There are some benefits, though. Primarily, if you want to play defensive, you'd want to camp by your Sentry Gun, preferably at Level 3, for most of the match, since it would be able to protect you. This is fine, but there are a few problems. First off, you will have a disadvantage towards long-ranged projectiles. Second, faster characters can typically run up to the Sentry Gun and beat on it until they are knocked away. If your Sentry Gun is destroyed, you'd be rather vulnerable until a new one is constructed. You would have the choice of defending yourself while the Sentry Gun builds, or using your Wrench to speed up the process. As a result, it's difficult and discouraged to play defensively.

Neutral
The Neutral playstyle combines the best or both the Offensive and Defensive playstyles. You'd want to construct a Level 3 Sentry Gun, but once it's built, you'd want to try to knock your opponents into its firing range. This is an easy way to build up damage and score KO's. Not that there aren't any disadvantages, though. Using the Up-Smash is particularly discouraged for this playstyle, since you will be away from the Sentry Gun most of the time. Opponents can run up to the Sentry and attack it while you away, as well, which can end up leaving playing completely offensively. However, for ther most part, this is the best option you have.

Extras

Entrance:
Where the Engineer should be, a large, metal door is visible, with the word "RESUPPLY" written above it. The door lifts open, and the Engineer comes out with his Wrench balanced on his shoulder, saying, "Move 'em out!"

Up Taunt: The Engineer pulls out his pistol, twirls it in his hand, and chuckles.

Side Taunt: The Engineer points ahead of him, laughing maniacally.

Down Taunt: The Engineer dances a hoedown, shouting, "Hee hee! Yeehaa!"

Victory 1: The Engineer mimics firing with his pistol, and puts it away, saying, "Job well done."

Victory 2: The Engineer sits on a toolbox, playing on his acoustic guitar, with a beer bottle sitting next to him. Also next to him is a Level 3 Sentry, which watches the losers.

Victory 3: The Engineer poses just as above, while the losers randomly pose as one of the other teammates. While this is going on, the camera is pulling out in the same way it does at the end of a typical TF2 "Meet the Team" video.

Victory Music: TF2 Theme Ending

Franchise Logo:

Snake Codec

Snake: Colonel, who let this mechanic onto the battlefield?
Colonel: You must be fighting the Engineer. He is one of the nine mercenaries hired by RED* to take down members of BLU*. The Engineer in particular specializes in the building of Sentry Guns, which can easily take down enemies.
Snake: How do you know all of this, Colonel, do you know his commander or something?
Colonel:
Snake: Colonel?
Colonel: Just take him out.

*For some alt colors, BLU will said in place of RED, and vice verse.

Assist Trophy

Medic

The Medic is also one of the nine classes to appear in Team Fortress 2. The Medic specializes in, predictably, healing people. Since it's harder to be completely offensive as a Medic, it is one of the lesser used classes in the game. However, the Medic does have a few tricks up his sleeve that no other class has.

When the Medic appears, he starts healing the summoner. Every second healed regains 5% damage. If the Medic heals you for 5 seconds, he will activate his Ubercharge, which renders you invincible for 10 seconds. However, the Medic will retreat upon a single hit, making this surprisingly hard to achieve.

Stage

2fort

2fort is a capture the flag stage that appeared in both TFC and TF2. It has a simple premise: Two indentical buildings of different colors facing each other, with a bridge connecting the two. While this pick only shows the RED side, there is also a BLU side that uses cool colors, industrial materials, and orthogonal shapes.

The stage 2fort takes place on the bridge and on either side of it, with BLU on the left and RED on the right. However, since there is no profile picture of the bridge in existence, I will have to make do with a simple diagram that explains the stage's set-up:

The solid, horizontal black lines indicate that you cannot pass through the platforms. The red line at the top represents the bridge's roof, which can be passed through. The ramps on either side lead into the appropriate base, which is discouraged, since this stage is a walk-off. To further secure tournament banning, there are a number of obstacles in the form of TF2 classes.

Scout
The Scout will jump onto the bridge roof from the upper half of either side of the screen. After this, he will run around the stage at Sonic's speed for five seconds, before running of the stage or jumping into the water below. If he gets close to you, he will hit you with his signature baseball, which deals 9% and moderate knockback. If he hits you, he will say one of three things: "BONK!", "BOINK!", or "Major League!"

Soldier
The Soldier will run in from either side of the screen and rocket jump onto the bridge. Getting hit by the rocket's splash damage means being dealt 15% damage and high knockback. After this, he will run to the other side of the screen at Link's speed.

Demoman
The Demoman appears on either side, but stays on land, as he fires three grenades at the bridge. Each grenade's explosion will deal 12% damage and moderate knockback. After this, he will lift up the bottom part of his armor, showing a drawing of smiley face taped to his crotch, yelling, "Ka-BOOM!"

Heavy
The Heavy walks onto the stage, his Minigun whirling. He will start firing it, shouting, "Cry some more!" Getting caught in the Minigun's firing range means being dealt 8% damage and low knockback per second caught. He will keep firing for 5 seconds.

Sniper
If you see a red dot appear on your character, try to run for cover, shield yourself, or activate a relfector. If you don't, you will get shot by the offscreen Sniper, who will deal a single shot that deals 13% damage and high knockback. If he if successful, he will call out, "Thanks for standing still, ****er!"

Music
"Team Fortress 2 Theme"
"Playing With Danger"
"The Art of War"
"Faster Than a Speeding Bullet"
"Meet the Sniper"
"Right Behind You"

"Ah, good night Irene."

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yay, Baron posted a moveset! Woot!

I liked the metal mechanic, though I think it should have been utilized a little more. It seems like it was just used for the sentry guns in the neutral special.

The sentry guns were an interesting idea. I liked how there were benefits to not upgrading them, adding more strategy to playing the Engineer. While there were a lot of basic attacks, there were also some really cool ideas like the jab reparing turrets, the USmash (He's sappin' mah sentry OMG!), DSmash, and all of the specials were indeed specials.

The mani thing I would say I didn't like is how underpowered he is. A lot of moves take a second in lag. A Falcon Punch has less than a second of startup lag, and I'm pretty sure that the Engineer is not pulling off OHKOs with every one of his attacks.

In any case, this was an enjoyable read, and I'm glad you were able to give us this moveset before you retire. =)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I think its about time that I got back into this. A fresh new contest means more opportunity.

I promise not to leave this time. :ohwell:

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey, Heartz is back. :D

Yay, we're getting some more newcomers/oldMYMers...
Wait, StB is retiring?! :'(
Funny how this is my first post >_>

Just skimmed over Engineer, looks good, I'll be sure to read it thoroughly when I get the time...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Oh boy, another trap character. K.Rool's gonna have an orgasm.

Anyway, I plan on reading Ludicolo, Kangaskhan, and Engineer as soon as I can...

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I will read the engineer when I have some free time

I made some additions to my Oliver Duke of Tanas moveset. I mainly added a nice stage composed of five different areas. I would also like some feedback on my oliver moveset all together.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Wow so many sets in the first days. And 6 of 'em are Pokemon!
This might be another Pokemon themed MYM...

I hate to bring back bad memories but I wanted to ask if there was a good-bye post from Spadefox before he left or if he just vanished without notice. If there is one, can someone link me to it?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
To be brutally honest with you, Spadefox left after a "little" argument in MYM5. He felt that he wasn't appreciated by the community. =/

Katapultar

Smash Lord
The Mechanic and Little Mac are cool movesets. I love movesets that use a lot of pictures. I haven't read the other sets in between, but I could do that when I have the time.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
!!!!!!!
Spadefox is gone?!?
Sonic the Baron is retiring?!?!?
Sir Kibble is on a missionary trip for like 2 years or something?!?
Oy. So many changes, I feel like I skipped a chapter somewheres.

Ah, well. Great sets everyone. Shiki and Mechanic are both awesome.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
These last nineteen pages contain so much win.

Clefable, for instance, blew my mind. Clearly the superior Fairy pokemon.

I have conceived Freedan's moveset in its entirety and now it's just a matter of writing it down and then tweaking his physics.

Will, I'm having much more trouble with. *sigh* I haven't figured out a real thing to do with him to make his standards unique. I've got a few cool moves, but not enough. Even being very liberal with the "psycho power" dimension, he doesn't feel special.

Maybe Freedan can make up for it? You used him basically everywhere you could in the real game, lol.

Seriously. Freedan is badass. He is his own creature; unlike any other sword character. I'm thinking of previewing what I did for Aura Barrier. In Smash, it doesn't suck! :laugh:

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Slugma

~~~~~Overview

Slugma is a legendary pokemon introduced in the 4th generation of the series, (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum) and he features the highest base stat total of all……Wait wrong pokemon. Anyway, Slugma is just your typical fire type pokemon, and the pre evolution of Magcargo, a very poor pokemon competitively due to it’s awful typing and poor speed. So how does Slugma here fare in Smash Bros.?

The lovable fire slug has an incredible ground game, rivaling and potentially surpassing Snake’s ground game and overall stage control. But with this, comes an air game that has few standard attacks, and the ones that do are to get his foe back to the ground, due to Slugma’s limited anti-air options. Ah, but I don’t want to spoil too much here, so read on and see what Slugma’s all about.

~~~~~Magma

What’s this, a mechanic that’s there just for the sake of having a mechanic?!? You couldn’t be further from the truth; Slugma’s magma is a mechanic that he greatly benefits from. It basically goes like this: Certain attacks Slugma uses gets sticky globs of magma on the foe. When attached to your foe, their run speed will be reduced, and they will fall slower in the air. Plus, when they land, the more magma they have on them, the more landing lag they will have after jumping. This helps Slugma take on speedy aerial opponents such as Fox and co.

Not all is won after getting lots of magma on the opposition, however. The more they run, jump, or attack, will have magma quickly fall off of them, allowing the foe to gradually regain his/her speed and aerial mobility. That’s why you have to keep pressuring them with magma-filled attacks. There IS a limit to how much magma can be placed on the foe, and that’s when their dash speed is reduced by one-third, their fall speed by one-half, and when they take slightly less than half a second of lag upon landing on the ground. So you’ll have to wait until you notice magma on the opponent gradually disappears, and then use magma-filled attacks to reach that limit again.

~~~~~Animations

Idle~
Slugma rather dully faces forward, with his body bubbling. Not a flashy character, is Slugma.

Walk~
Slugma leans his body forward, barely trudging along. A trail of magma follows him, although it’s just for looks.

Dash~
Our slug in shining armor reduces to a puddle of magma, and his body flows forward. Slugma’s head bobs up and down above the puddle. His size has increased a good bit width-wise, yet Slugma’s reduced height allows him to evade a few moves. Nothing else to talk about here, as Slugma’s dash speed and traction is average.

Jump~
Slugma crouches down slightly, and leaps to get a good amount of height. It’s rather slow to start up, and Sluggeh is not one who prefers the air, sorry Falco. His second jump is a simple flip.

Crouch~
Now Slugma reduces to….A puddle! An excellent crouch to evade with, and other players can simply walk over you in this state.

~~~~~Stats

Weight~4
Power~4
Range~7
Priority~9
Fall Speed~2
Traction~5
Attack Speed~7
Dash~5

With nice range on his physical moves plus ridiculous priority, Slugma is set up to be an expert character on the ground; however, his weight is below average. Instead of tanking through hits, Slugma will have to rely on out-prioritizing foes in order to keep himself from flying off the stage. Now the fire slug doesn’t have many options in the air, and that fall speed of his makes him even more vulnerable in aerial combat. Slugma’s attack speed is hindered by a few attacks with large lag.

So is Slugma a traditional heavyweight that’s…..not heavy? He’s a rather odd mix of Snake and Kirby, but overall Slugma should be played quite differently from the rest of the Smash Bros. cast.

~~~~~Moveset

Specials​
Neutral Special~Harden
Slugma suddenly stops all movement, and his body begins to harden. This whole process takes about two seconds unless if your opponent hits you during your special. Once Slugma looks like a statue made of rock, you can input any command besides Slugma’s walk, dash, crouch, another harden, or jump. But besides that, you can input a forward air, dashing A, up taunt, you name it.

After you input the command, the real fun begins. If the opponent hits you with any sort of attack or attempts to grab you, Slugma’s harden will break. As this happens, Slugma instantly perform whatever command you input during Slugma’s hardened state, with absolutely no starting lag. In your hardened state you can press the shield button to break out of your shell quickly.

So, what is the use of this move? Slugma’s neutral special, if pulled off successfully, will make the match a big guessing game. Slugma hardened! Wolf broke the outer shell with his blaster, but Slugma used light screen instantly to bounce it back! Slugma hardened, and Snake used his forward smash to break it as Slugma used down tilt, but it wasn’t enough to stop Snake’s rocket! The possibilities are endless, but the hefty two seconds to start it up just make harden best used to force an approach.

Side Special~Gastro Acid
Slugma looks at the ground, and suddenly he coughs up a black puddle of acid, the puddle having the width of a stage builder block. If the opponent runs over this ‘gastro acid’, then they won’t be able to move out of the puddle until they keep running in place and eventually break out, or until they take knockback. In addition to this, the acid also detonates mines.

If you can get the foe trapped in the gastro acid, then you’ll have even more options at hand on the ground than you normally do. Sure you can just get a quick grab in on the foe, but later in the set you’ll discover that Slugma’s best kill move requires the gastro acid. You can only have one puddle at a time on screen, so abuse it for all its worth.

Up Special~Ancient Power
Slugma’s knocked off stage! You must recover! Press Up B and Slugma won’t do anything, but a small part of the stage will start to shake. Give it a moment, and the stage will have a small chunk of it removed, and the newly created platform will rush right under Slugma (the chunk is slightly smaller than a stage builder block, perfect for Slugma) so he can land safely and attempt to get back to the stage.

So your best method of recovery is once off stage, use Ancient Power to get a free platform, jump as far as you can, and do it again. (Only one chunk of the stage can be removed at a time, however, so if another piece is removed, the one previously made will crumble away. Plus, a piece will crumble away after eight seconds or so no matter what) So where’s the flaw? It takes about a second or so for the platform to reach Slugma, and during this he’s just asking for a spike. And due to Slugma’s only projectile being two rocks, he can’t just camp on the platforms, either. Despite this, it makes a decent recovery.

If Slugma uses Ancient Power on solid ground, a chunk of the stage directly in front of him will be removed and rise up three stage builder blocks. It crumbles away after eight seconds or so, but it’s nice to have an extra platform every now and then. (Note: the terrain of the stage itself isn’t actually affected in anyway during Ancient Power)

Down Special~Liquid Ooze
In a similar animation to his neutral special, Slugma starts to harden. If you have gastro acid on the stage, after hardening Slugma rises up from the acid and takes its place, acting somewhat like a teleport. So where’s the acid? If anyone attacks the hardened shell of Slugma that he left behind, the gastro acid will spill out of it, and it will instantly trap a foe if they attack the statue.

An interesting move for sure, combined with Ancient Power it’s quite deadly. Use your recovery far away from the stage, creating a platform. On the platform, use liquid ooze so you go back on stage wherever the acid is. If the opponent is knocked off the stage and has to use the platform you created, they’ll have to break the statue due to its size and land where the acid is. Now that their trapped, have fun! You have to have good prediction skills to make use of this strategy, as the platform created by Ancient Power disappears too quickly for its own good. But still, this is one of the many tricks you can pull off using liquid ooze.

Standards​
Jab~Magma Drip
Slugma quickly extends his head forward a short distance, making just an ok poke move that gives the foe 4% damage. But keep holding A, and once Slugma head extends forward magma will start dripping from his neck, each drop giving the foe 1% damage. It’s not that this move is a bad option, it’s just you have better attacks in your arsenal. Due to its quickness however, magma drip is nice if the foe gets too close for comfort. A small amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move.

Dash Attack~Light Screen
As Slugma is dashing forward, his body will be outlined with an odd glow. If you are hit with a projectile during this state, it’ll be reflected right back to the foe. Unfortunately, if you’re hit with any sort of physical attack, you take 1.5X the damage and knockback! Now you’re probably thinking it’s just a mediocre approach option, but reflecting projectiles isn’t what a seasoned Slugma player should be focused on.

The best use for this move would be to tempt the opponent to rush and try to attack you, them just thinking about getting that boosted damage and knockback from their moves. Bad idea for them, don’t they know Slugma dominates the ground?

Tilts​
Forward Tilt~Lava Swipe
Slugma’s lower body performs a quick strike forward, reaching a little over a stage builder block forward. It does about 6% to the opponent. Now here comes the part where I explain to you why this move is unique! If the foe attempts to shield this move, they’ll still get hit, due to the move hitting so low. Any dodge or jump will take care of the move, however, so the move doesn’t scream ‘broken’.

Lava Swipe is easily one of Slugma’s best poking options, but its low knockback and damage will often let you down. If your foe is shield-happy when their damage is, say, over 100%, it’s probably best to go with a throw instead. A small amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move.

Up Tilt~Heat Wave
Slugma’s entire body turns into a wave, with similar proportions to Squirtle’s waterfall and minor starting lag. It does multiple hits to the opponent, which can rack up to 12%. The wave a great way to pressure foes, plus it can hit opponents attempting to jump with ease.

Now with the move basically being Squirtle’s Up B without the boost to the air, the foe will probably just want to roll dodge behind you, but you’ve got a counter for that. Anytime during your Up tilt, move the control stick to the direction opposite of you, and Slugma’s wave will turn around and crash, with Slugma reverting back to his normal self afterwards. Turning your wave around will look and have similar properties to Bowser’s forward smash, albeit a bit weaker. If you hit the foe with the reverse wave, he/she will take 15% and good knockback. Noticeable ending lag afterwards. A decent amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move.

Down Tilt~Stealth Burn
If you just perform the button input (down and A), Stealth Burn won’t work. You have to hold down and A in order to pull it off successfully.

Stealth Burn looks just like Slugma crouching, no differences. However, if the opponent lands on you or walks on you, Slugma’s head will instantly pop out of the puddle he transforms to in his crouch. The opponent takes 8% damage and nice knockback. Not the best move, as no one’s going to jump on you while you’re crouching! But it’s a nice surprise option if the foe is in range.

Smashes​
Forward Smash~Smog
Slugma rears his head back as he’s charging. Release A, and he’ll cough up some smog! It spreads two stage builder blocks forward no matter what the charge. The smog lingers for six seconds or so, and it can cause up to 18% with no charge, 22% fully charged. The problem is, the smog causes no knockback whatsoever, and so you’ll have to keep the foe trapped within the smog cloud for it to be of use to you. Use your smog clouds wisely, as you won’t be able to make another one until the first one goes away.

Up Smash~Rock Throw
Two rocks around the size of pikmin will form on Slugma’s back as he’s charging. Noticeable lag on startup, yet once the rocks have formed they will launch off of Slugma’s back. They will launch with a forward and upwards momentum, reaching 2-3 stage builder blocks at their peak, and up to the full length of final destination, depending on the charge time.

If the opponent is hit by one of the rocks, they’ll be knocked straight downward. Not enough to spike them, but just enough so they’ll quickly be knocked back to the stage. Each rock gives the foe 9% damage, 11% fully charged. Although this is essentially Slugma’s best anti-air, the high start up lag waiting for the rocks to form will often get the better of you.

Down Smash~Acid Reaction
As you are charging, Slugma’s eyes suddenly start glowing. What is this, a final smash? Once you’re done, if you placed gastro acid somewhere on the stage and it’s still there, the puddle will start to steam, and then explode, giving incredibly high knockback and 20% damage charged, 25% fully charged.

The opponent will only get hit by this move if they are trapped in the gastro acid, so you better use it right, as the move is one of if not the only way Slugma can kill something under 100%. After the explosion, the puddle will disappear, and if the foe was hit, all of the magma currently on them will be removed.

Aerials​
Neutral Aerial~Memento
Slugma shrinks his body and then quickly expands it, causing him to take 25% damage. Once pulled off, an overwhelming amount of magma will latch on to the foe, slowing speed and aerial movement by a noticeable amount!

Although the payoff is nice, that 25% is pretty hefty damage for Slugma to take. Only use it if you’re ahead in stocks to further seal your lead.

Forward Aerial~Slug Bomb
Slugma’s body turns into a thin stream of magma rather quickly as he rushes downward with a forwards momentum. Once you (hopefully) hit the ground, Slugma will perform a small bounce off the ground, still as a thin stream. After he hops, if you press A right as he hits the ground again, he’ll do another short hop, slightly faster than last time. Press A again as he hits the ground and you’ll do a quicker hop, and so on. For whenever the opponent touches you in this state, they’ll take 3% damage and small knockback, so you’ll probably get at least three hits in. Slug bomb is a nice way to pressure shields, but it’s an aerial move, so you won’t find yourself using it often unless you need a safe way to escape to the ground. A small amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move.

Back Aerial~Poison Gas
Slugma turns his head backwards and coughs up a cloud of smog, with similar proportions to the cloud of smog in your forward smash. Although not terribly flashy or original for that matter, poison gas is a good way to keep the opponent cautious about attempting to carelessly jump in the air. Due to the move having similar properties to your forward smash, you won’t be able to create any sort of poison cloud until the first one disappears. The poison gas lingers for six seconds, and the foe takes 2% damage every second they are in the cloud.

Up Aerial~Destiny Bond
Slugma quickly tosses his body upward, with poor range. If he successfully hits a foe, Slugma will grab them and dive-bomb downwards at a fast speed. The foe will take 12% damage once they and Slugma hit the ground. The attack will end afterwards.

Now I know what you’re thinking: Slugmacide! While it’s possible, the opponent can break out of destiny bond like he/she would a grab, and Slugma is left stupidly plummeting to his doom. With that little tidbit in mind, the best situation to use this move in is to get an airborne foe back down to earth. Just make sure you can deal with the poor range.

Down Aerial~Rock Tomb
Start Rock Tomb up and you will see the ground below Slugma (this move is useless if there isn’t any sort of platform under you) start to crack. After a brief moment, wherever your gastro acid puddle is on the stage will flow out of the crack, disappearing where it was moments ago. The crack will seal shortly afterwards.

With ease this is your best option for moving your gastro acid when you’ve got a bit of breathing room. Plus, it helps against foes on the stage and under you, as the crack is pretty hard to notice.

Throws​
Grab~Wrap
Slugma reduces his body to a puddle and rushes forward a short amount. If he successfully grabs a foe, Slugma will trap the foe’s feet while in his puddle-like state.

Pummel~Corrosion
Slugma’s puddle tries to wrap around the opponent’s feet tighter, burning them and causing 2% damage. Quick pummel overall.

Forward Throw~Magma Trap
Slugma encases the foe, acting like some sort of magma-infested coffin. Once he does so, him and the foe fall forward and smash to the ground, causing 11%. Now this move can be considered a Slugmacide! You have to be very close to the edge for this to work, however. A good amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move.

Back Throw~Rock Slide
Slugma launches the foe behind him, a good bit upwards as well, and reverts back to his normal form, the foe taking 6%. A short moment afterward two rocks like the ones seen in the Up Smash will launch off Slugma’s back in a similar arc the opponent took. The opponent won’t get hit by these unless if they attempt to jump, and if they do they’ll take 5% from whichever rock they hit and decent downwards knockback, typically grounding them again.

Up Throw~Lava Rush
Slugma launches the opponent forward with an upwards momentum. After doing so, he’ll jump in the air and rush right through them; giving the opponent 6% damage and slight upwards knockback. Slugma will land on the opposite side of wherever he initially was. A small amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move. This throw is incredibly poor, but try it with gastro acid on the stage….

If you do, then the same throw will take place until the moment Slugma jumps into the air. Slugma will jump normally, but so will the gastro acid in a similar fashion to Slugma. What?!? Yes, and both Slugma and the gastro acid will rush through the foe, giving them 12% damage as well as spiking them to the ground. Slugma and the gastro acid will land on the opposite side of wherever they initially were. One of Slugma’s best throws. Well, except for eruption.

Down Throw~Eruption
While Slugma is in his puddle state, the foe will sink downward into Slugma, and Slugma’s puddle will reduce smaller and smaller, until there’s only a tiny red dot where Slugma and the opponent once were. After half a second or so, Slugma will instantly expand back into his regular form, launching his foe up with great upwards knockback and 15% damage. This move can kill around 90%, potentially even less, but with the great upwards knockback on the move you have to be careful and make sure the move will make the foe give up a stock, so they won’t get too comfortable airborne.

Situationals​
Ledge Attack~Flame Impact
Part of Slugma’s body will flow onto the stage, about a stage builder block or so. If the opponent is touching Slugma’s body, they’ll get hit by Slugma’s head popping out of his body, taking 6% and slight upwards knockback. Reminds you of the down tilt, huh?

Ledge Attack > 100%~Poison Edge
Slugma will hop back on the stage, and will then look over the edge, and cough up a cloud of smog. Any opponent who is trying to grab the edge during the time the smog lingers (about 8 seconds), will take two percent and small flinching knockback, forcing those whose recoveries don’t have super armor into freefall. A handy edge-guarding weapon for sure, but it takes a bit of time for Slugma to cough up the smog. It will fail if a cloud still lingers from Slugma’s forward smash, back air, or another ledge attack.

Downed Attack~Burning Sweep
Slugma’s down! What can he do? Slugma will transform into a puddle again, but it will extend until it reaches the range of about half of final destination! With incredible range, however, comes 4% damage and weak knockback. A small amount of magma will latch on to the foe if he/she gets hit by this move.

Flipped Attack~Sizzle
Slugma starts to steam for a second or so. If the opponent attacks or touches Slugma while he’s steaming, they’ll be inflicted with a burn. In other words, they’ll take 3% fire damage for every second, until the attack stops in four seconds. Imagine a foe having a fire pikmin latched onto him, but without the fire pikmin. Hmm…

Final Smash​
It’s the Meteor Mash!~
Slugma’s body is glowing as the sky suddenly gets dark. And then….meteors from space rain out of the sky in great numbers, causing 10% and nice knockback to whomever they hit! If a meteor hits the stage, it will crack open and magma will flow out of it, allowing for any foe that runs over it to have a good amount of magma latched onto them. Since so many meteors crash to the ground, you can expect the whole stage to be overflowing with magma, guaranteeing foes will get drenched in the stuff and they’ll be severely slower, but Slugma can handle it just fine. During this time, you can use your down smash to make all of the lava explode; causing incredibly brutal knockback, but afterwards all of the magma will disappear. If you don’t use your down smash, the lava will disappear after ten seconds or so.

This final smash is great, but not broken, however. Since the entire final smash is a surprisingly quick process, the foe can abuse the invincibility frames of their next stock after they’ve been knocked out once.

~~~~~Playstyle

As you can see from the set, Slugma is like Snake, but to much greater extremes. He has to rely on constant pressure to keep the foe from going up in the air and getting some good hits in, and due to Slugma’s light weight, it isn’t going to take much. But let us look into it more in depth, shall we?

At the start of a match, a seasoned Slugma player should set up his gastro acid, as it’s quite a nifty little trap, and plus Slugma needs it for some of his moves. If the opponent isn’t right up in your face yet, dash forward with a light screen to force an approach as the greedy little foe will attempt to get that 1.5X damage bonus. If that doesn’t work, start mindgames with harden to make them come over. From there, constant pressure with your up tilt and forward tilt should hurt them a good amount, as well as slow them down a bit due to the magma. Try to set up a smog cloud if you have time. Your grab is quick as well, so abuse it.

If they get an opportunity, most opponents will jump quickly into the air and get a hit or two, knocking you back, and then retreating into the air again. If you feel an up smash will leave you open, don’t be afraid to go up in the air! Set up a smog cloud, move around your gastro acid with your down air, or just memento-it if you feel confident enough. Remember, though, that when the foe is in range for your up air, that’s your shot. Bring ‘em back down and fool around with them a bit more, until their damage is noticeably high.

If you don’t want to take a chance with the up throw, then trap the foe in your gastro acid and make them pay with a down smash! So, how do you lead them there? Perhaps a liquid ooze and get them to hit the statue? How about an up air into your gastro acid? There are a lot of options, but if you got this far, then you should be able to find a way.

Just keep barraging the foe with magma based moves, bring the pain until the foe thinks seeing the sky is impossible. Oh, and make use of the gastro acid. If you don’t, then Slugma will really be crippled.

~~~~~Playstyle (Against)

What’s this? Slugma isn’t good in the air, you say? That definitely hasn’t been mentioned before in the set!

Yes, but how do you get in the air? Don’t pay attention to Slugma’s light screen, first off. It’s merely bait for you to carelessly rush into. Get into the air, and use your quickest aerials, but try to get Slugma to play on the defensive, as you’ll be out prioritized most of the time if you clash with him head-on. Whenever you can, get an opportunity to up throw Slugma, as he’s a character that’s just begging to be juggled.

Don’t be concerned with the smog clouds Slugma coughs up, sure they rack up damage quick, but unless if you fall into some gastro acid you shouldn’t really be worried about Slugma killing you easily. What about the magma that latches on to you? Just keep constantly running, moving around, whatever, in order to shake it off. Obviously try to get in some hits as you do this, too.

Slugma is a character that likes to overwhelm his foe. If you are the one who pressures him first, he’ll play defensive, and that’s when you don’t have to worry about his priority bogging you down.

~~~~~Extras

Taunt~
Slugma opens his mouth, looking relaxed. A cloud of smog drifts out of his mouth. Smoking is bad for you, kids!
Taunt~
Slugma reduces to a puddle, and then forms his body to look like the foes. He reverts back to regular old Slugma shortly afterwards.
Taunt~
Slugma’s back gradually starts to harden. Noticing this, Slugma quickly shakes his body to heat up again.
Victory~
Slugma performs a flamethrower, swinging his head around proudly as he does so.
Victory~
Slugma is seen attempting to get out of his own gastro acid. Graceful….
Victory~
What’s this? Slugma is seen dancing with Earth, Wind and Fire! (Extras aren’t that important, are they? :p)
Loss~
Slugma is nothing more than a puddle of magma. Someone’s a bad sport….

~~~~~</3, #218

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Slugma looks like a great pokemon moveset, I don't think anybody is going to complain about the Pokemon Syndrome or anything. My favourite attack in the set is AncientPower, I would not have though of breaking a piece of the stage for a recovery. Liquid Ooze is a very cool move as well. Just one thing, I don't think you used the magma mechanisim too much in the set than could have, though I may have been mistaken. Taking little Slugma and going this far for it is truly an awesome thing to do.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
So, basically, I've been wanting to get back into this, but there's been issues. I've sat down and began moveset and moveset, only to before long find myself struggling to find something that clicks, and making movesets ends up becoming a chore for me. So I don't think I'll be doing a whole lot of that. But I decided I still wanted to be a part of this somehow, and while wondering what I could do, something finally clicked: I'll be writing a Story Mode for MYM6. Playing God was my main inspiration to write an SM myself, I absolutely loved every second of reading it. I only have the prologue so far, but I would like nothing more than to take this all the way to the end.

So, why does this concern any of you? Well, just because I've found this SM to be easier than movesets doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at the former. So I'd like you to be the judge. All comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated, as I want to make this as good as I possibly can.

Well, enough of me talking. Here it is. Elysium.

Thanks for your time

Akiak

Smash Ace
*listening to miles davis*

Thanks HR I found and read the whole thing.
I also read Sakurai, no set ever made me lol so much. :laugh:

Anyway back to this contest, I read Ludicolo and really you've done a great job. Good job implementing the music beat thing (reminds me of my dear Electroplankton...) but the best parts where the alterations of moves when used underwater. The playstyle of this character is genius and he also seems a very fun character to play.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Slugma: Amazing newcomer set (you are a newcomer, right?). This set has quite a bit of personality, and the lava mechanic, while a bit underdetailed at times, is interesting and adds personality and playstyle. The playstyles are well-written and... I could go on all day about this, but suffice to say that this is a great newcomer set. Just improve your detail level a bit.

EDIT: You aren't a newcomer? >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom