• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Team :x

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My team. Rate please. ;w;

Breloom@Choice Scarf

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison Heal
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Spore
Stone Edge
Seed Bomb
Superpower

Mamoswine@Choice Band

Ability: Snow Cloak
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Superpower

Uxie@Leftovers

Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Stealth Rock
Yawn
U-Turn
Psychic

Gyarados@Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spe
Waterfall
Bounce
Dragon Dance
Substitute

Infernape@Life Orb

Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
64 Atk/252 SpA/192 Spe
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Grass Knot

Jolteon@Choice Specs

Nature: Timid
Ability: Volt Absorb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass
Thunder Bolt
Hidden Power [Ice]

Put people to sleep, then do stuff.

D

Deleted member

I'd hate your guts from the sleep thing, but the team is surprisingly well balanced.

Consider Bounce on gyarados.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Spore on Breloom and Yawn on Uxie seems redundant.

Bounce on bulky Gyarados is pretty awesome, free Leftovers recovery.

Consider Fire Blast over Flamethrower on Ape (it's usually worth it).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, the Yawn+Spore thing...I dunno what to do about that. It's kinda cool though. I'll consider Bounce on Gyarados.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Uxie doesn't have many options. Protect is good for scouting Choice users, and free Leftovers.

EDIT: Toxic and Thunder Wave are decent moves.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Actually, I disagree with Spore+Yawn being redundant. It may seem so at first, but there's a lot of nasty **** you can do with running two sleepers in a game. Not going into details or anything, but let's just say it can be one nasty mind**** to the opponent.

Anyway, my only piece of advice is basically the same as everyone else's: try bounce on Gyara. Apart from that, good stuff. I like it. :)

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Small FYI: Your Gyarados still gets outsped by +nature base 115s. Yours only outspeeds base 110s. An EV spread of 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe would be better.

From Smogon: "The EVs given balance out Gyarados's defensive and offensive capabilities. 156 HP ensures that Gyarados is never 2HKOed by Timid Life Orb Heatran Fire Blast, after SR and Leftovers. 96 EVs are placed in Defense to ensure that Scizor will never 2HKO Gyarados with a Choice Band Quick Attack after Sandstorm, SR, and Leftovers, helping ensure that Scizor cannot score a revenge kill. 184 Speed outruns Jolly Tyranitar before a Dragon Dance and +Speed Starmie and Azelf after a Dragon Dance. The remaining EVs are placed in Attack to increase damage against foes like Celebi."

D

Deleted member

115s usually stick to 352 speed. hitting 236 speed will take care of them fairly reliably.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
115s usually stick to 352 speed. hitting 236 speed will take care of them fairly reliably.
That's only for standard Starmie sets. There are still Azelfs (even though most are leads) and non-spinner Starmies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I gave Bounce to Gyara, and I'm gonna try SpecsJolt instead of SubpassJolt. =o

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Can someone explain bounce to me?
I mean, what stops the opponent from switching to something that can take the hit easily and brush it off as well as counter?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Can someone explain bounce to me?
I mean, what stops the opponent from switching to something that can take the hit easily and brush it off as well as counter?
Nothing really, I guess. Note that it's being run on a bulky Gyara w/ Leftovers though, which is truly the whole reason for having it anyway. It'll just let Gyara live longer.

WouW

Smash Lord
It's his only Flying STAB move, it outpowers Waterfall, has 30% chance of paralysis which is always nice and stops some of his Grass counters (e.g. Celebi)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What kind of set should the Gyara have? =X I don't have Earthquake on it anymore.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
If they switch to a Rock or Steel, EQ hits them.
The thing is, Waterfall hits Rock types for enough due to STAB making it better than EQ. The only thing that Earthquake will get you is Empoleon and something else that I can't quite remember (not Metagross, non-leaders usually have Tpunch).

What kind of set should the Gyara have? =X I don't have Earthquake on it anymore.
Bounce is probably the best idea. Return if you want neutral coverage, but usually the STAB is better.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The thing is, Waterfall hits Rock types for enough due to STAB making it better than EQ. The only thing that Earthquake will get you is Empoleon and something else that I can't quite remember (not Metagross, non-leaders usually have Tpunch).
Magnezone?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Edited with the moves I added. Also, this is ingame for wifi and stuff, so I'm trying to avoid getting a whole new Jolteon and Gyarados, lol. x.x They're shiny.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Depends entirely on what you're going for. If you want a sweeper, then I'd go for Stone Edge / Ice Fang / Dragon Dance / Waterfall. But Gyarados is also capable of RestTalking, so you could slap Waterfall or Avalanche on there. Or if you want to go ahead with Bounce, you could have Substitute, Dragon Dance, and Waterfall on there, with a Liechi Berry to heighten its Atk. Or if you can't get past Choice Scarfers, use a Salac Berry. Gyarados can be used in so many ways.

Top Bottom