• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia #2: CAN THE NEWBIES STEP UP AND PLAY A SUCCESSFULE GAME?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count:

[1]Ace: Pierre
[2]Airgemini: KevinM, Teran
[1]Mentosman: Mentosman
[1]SkylerOcon: Tusm
[8] not voting: SkylerOcon, KBunny, Dekuu, Ace, Airgemini, Zero Beat, Sly Fox, Marshigo

It takes 7 votes out of 13 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the last second of the 31st of July.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Because it means you die faster, Air.

Rule one of anything involving three+ members of the Party Chat: Air gets lynched first, no exceptions.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I have a feeling that KevinM was being sarcastic when he said that we all want the day to go fast, but I was under the impression that as the experienced player he was not supposed to do that but he was supposed to help everyone else play the game correctly.

But we all want the day to go fast, am I right?
No, you are wrong. In fact, airgemini just stated that he does not want the day to go fast. I would recommend that you read Newbie Mafia #1, because I did and I saw that the biggest mistake the town made was making the day go fast.

vote: airigemini

I guess.
This is a poor vote. KawaiiBunny,

What makes you want to lynch airgemini?

What makes you think he is mafia compared to say, Marshy?

unvote

I think that the inside joke that you all have of "hey lets lynch airgemini Day 1" should really end now. I can see certain players abusing it to get an easy lynch Day 1 and then outwardly regret it happening but inwardly succeeding as mafia in wasting Day 1.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
It's kind of an inside joke that they have, since they always vote me off first whenever we do this stuff on AIM
Obviously you can tell I already understand that much. You read this part too, right?:

I think that the inside joke that you all have of "hey lets lynch airgemini Day 1" should really end now.
But still, if I have directed a question specifically to KawaiiBunny, you do not need to answer it. If I took the time to address it to her personally, she should answer it herself. Why do you think that is, Airgemini?

@Kbunny: the two questions still stand.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Vote: KawaiiBunny

I find the bandwagoning suspicious. Even though there's an inside joke to voting Air, you should give a better reason for it then "I guess".

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm pretty sure most of the people that bandwagon against Air find it convenient.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Vote: KawaiiBunny

I find the bandwagoning suspicious. Even though there's an inside joke to voting Air, you should give a better reason for it then "I guess".
What about Teran17? In your opinion, what made you vote KawaiiBunny and not Teran? They, along with KevinM, are both voting Air for poor reasons.

I'm pretty sure most of the people that bandwagon against Air find it convenient.
What do you mean by "find it convenient?" Do you mean that you think they are mafia?

Dekuu, did you take my recommendation and read Newbie Game #1? How important do you think is it to discuss our Day 1 lynch? How long do you personally think we should take in making our decision? Do you suspect anyone right now?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My bad. @.@ It was just a joke, lol. We always do it on AIM and stuff.

unvote: airgemini

XACE-K

Smash Master
What about Teran17? In your opinion, what made you vote KawaiiBunny and not Teran? They, along with KevinM, are both voting Air for poor reasons.
I think the people who are voting for Air are Mafia. The inside joke is just an excuse for them to vote for Air. Kawaii, Teran and Kevin did vote for Air for poor reasons, but as long as lynch a mafia it doesn't matter. You want to get rid of any of the bad guys.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
I think the people who are voting for Air are Mafia. The inside joke is just an excuse for them to vote for Air. Kawaii, Teran and Kevin did vote for Air for poor reasons, but as long as lynch a mafia it doesn't matter. You want to get rid of any of the bad guys.
You think all three of them are mafia, and therefore don't care which of the three your vote is on?

What if only one of them were mafia? Wouldn't it matter where your vote was, then? If only one of them were mafia, which would you think it is and why?

XACE-K

Smash Master
You think all three of them are mafia, and therefore don't care which of the three your vote is on?

What if only one of them were mafia? Wouldn't it matter where your vote was, then? If only one of them were mafia, which would you think it is and why?
Right now, I find Kawaii most suspicious. First for bandwagoning on the Air vote. Second, for unvoting Air after you pointed out his vote was poor.

And Day 1 ends on July 31st. Something could happen from today to then that could change my view of who's mafia and who's not.

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
Why do you ask so many questions?
Are you aware of the point of this game? Are you aware of our goal? Don't you think it is important for us to ask questions, so that we can see others' opinions and figure out if we agree with them or not? Don't you want to know why player x is voting for player y?

How else do you think we are going to figure out who the scum are? How else do you think we should limit our casualties?

Can you think of a better way to draw other players into the game than asking questions? Can you think of a better way to try to catch someone else off guard than asking questions?

Why do you refuse to answer the questions that I asked you? Do you have something to hide?

Do you seriously not understand why I am asking questions? If not, why are you being difficult? If so, would you please request to be replaced because you are dumb as dirt?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
How else do you think we are going to figure out who the scum are? How else do you think we should limit our casualties?
We? How do I know you are not the scum? I think you are hiding something underneath all these questions you ask.

Why are you being so serious during a joke voting stage? Don't you think you should calm down a bit? Can't you realize we have nothing on anyone just yet? Why are you overreacting? Is it because one of your scum mates is in danger?

Pierre the Scarecrow

Grasping at Straws
We? How do I know you are not the scum? I think you are hiding something underneath all these questions you ask.
If you think I am hiding something underneath all of the questions that I ask, what do you think is the best way to determine my alignment? Do you think you should avoid answering all of my questions, drawing a line in the dirt and proving to be unhelpful? Or do you think that you should answer them and require me to do the same?

Why are you being so serious during a joke voting stage?
What do you think is the purpose of the joke voting stage? Do tell jokes? No, it is so that we can get the ball rolling on real discussion. I think we have done that enough. I was preemptively trying to stop an uneducated quicklynch on airgemini. I also stated this to you earlier and asked if you had read Newbie #1, because an uneducated quicklynch is exactly what happened. I then asked you if you read it, and you refused to answer the question. Would you answer it now?

Can't you realize we have nothing on anyone just yet?
I think I realize this more than you do. Why do you think I am asking these questions? So that I can gather information on other people, so that I can make the most informed decision.

How do you think we get anything on anyone? Outside of a cop's investigation, which is completely unreliable on Day 1 considering he has not had the opportunity to gather any information, the only way we can gather information of our own and inform ourselves in an attempt to lynch correctly is by asking other people questions.

Don't you think you should calm down a bit?
What gave you the impression that I was not calm?

Why are you overreacting? Is it because one of your scum mates is in danger?
I am not over-reacting. In fact, I am not reacting at all. People who simply sit back and allow things to play out without voicing their opinions are reactive. People who simply answer questions without asking them are reactive. Sadly to say you are not even reactive. However, I am being proactive. I am asking my own questions, I am investing time into this game so that I can try to win. I am trying to figure out the scum the only way that I know how - ask questions, discuss things, and then evaluate the answers that I am given.

Do you now understand why I am asking questions? Would you please answer the ones I gave you, now?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mid Page Vote Count:

[2]Airgemini: KevinM, Teran,
[1]Kbunny: Ace
[1]Mentosman: Mentosman
[1]SkylerOcon: Tusm
[8] not voting: SkylerOcon, Dekuu, KBunny, Airgemini, Zero Beat, Sly Fox, Marshigo, Pierre

It takes 7 votes out of 13 to lynch.
The deadline has been set for the last second of the 31st of July.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Day 1 is a pot luck anyway, so we might as well lynch poor Air because he's b....

:)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think you're mafia, but I'll come for you after this business with Air is done.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I've been kind of sitting back a bit early on here to see how you guys handle things early on here(read: if mistakes are learned from). I'll be back a little later to make a post on my thoughts of what has occurred so far

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why do you ask so many questions?
That's the entire point of the game Dekuu.

Day 1 is a pot luck anyway, so we might as well lynch poor Air because he's b....

:)
I don't like this reasoning at all.

Well, I've been kind of sitting back a bit early on here to see how you guys handle things early on here(read: if mistakes are learned from). I'll be back a little later to make a post on my thoughts of what has occurred so far
Obligatory post later bull****?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha nah, not bs, just didn't feel like posting back then. First of all, I agree with Kevin that it's nice this got into serious discussion so quick, change of pace for sure.

I don't have too much to say right now(even with it jumping to serious discussion so quick, the game hasn't been going on very long, so there's not much to work with. I do have some general comments real quick though(no, no suspicions yet, least nothing strong enough to even bother voicing.)

@Pierre: I like what I've seen so far. You broke out of the joke voting very quickly and easily, making a point about the first newbie mafia's errors, and seeing as you didn't play in it, that was great to see. I like the fact that you've been asking questions to see what people think, but here's one for you: You say you know full well that the votes on air were a joke, yet you continue to push the point. What makes 3 votes(not even anywhere close to lynching) made as jokes seem so scummy? Not saying if I agree or disagree just yet, but I'd like to hear what in particular makes them so interesting to you.

@Kev: Not much to say on you yet, just wanted to say remember with the newbies in the game, making jokes about trying for a super-fast d1 could potentially lead to a quicklynch, which would not end well for town, so make sure you be careful to make it clear when you're joking about something that dangerous.

@Xace: Do you really believe all 3 mafia would make a play like that? Also, do you think it's wise to try to form team ideas from a couple of votes made with intention of joking, not of lynching? Do you know why trying to make such connections is futile and potentially dangerous?

@Teran: Your posts irk me. The first one about d1 being pretty much a pot-luck is a common thought, but always bothers me because it is so not true. We may not have night action results to work with, but if you use the time given and properly scum-hunt, our lynch should be anything but pot-luck. Also, you say you think Xace is mafia, but will get to him after the Air business. So, my questions to you:

1. Would you really just lynch anyone on d1 because we don't have much info to work with?
2. You make your comment about Xace, but never say why you think that way, so why is that? What has he done that makes him suspicious to you?
3. Finally, what Air business? We were clearly not actually considering lynching him, and discussion has begun to move away a from that initial starter discussion to broader topics. Why not voice your suspicions with reasoning to broaden our conversation?

Well, that's all I've got now cuz I'm about to fall asleep here, so I'll be back sometime tomorrow evening.

XACE-K

Smash Master
@Xace: Do you really believe all 3 mafia would make a play like that? Also, do you think it's wise to try to form team ideas from a couple of votes made with intention of joking, not of lynching? Do you know why trying to make such connections is futile and potentially dangerous?
1. I don't think Kev, Teran and Kawaii are all mafia, maybe 1 or 2 of them are. I don't find Kev as suspicious as the other 2, but the whole vote for Air inside joke thing is what led me to think that they might be mafia. I do see other players possibly being mafia, but for now, Teran and Kawaii are atop my list.

2. Considering that there are only 2 votes on Air that have the intention of joking, it probably isn't wise right now but if there are more votes, then it may be wise because there would also be more to work with.

3. I can see my accusations being worthless because we still don't have much info besides from joke votes and everyone questioning each other. This is Day 1 though so when it becomes Day 2, 3, etc., we would have alot more info.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@Teran: Your posts irk me. The first one about d1 being pretty much a pot-luck is a common thought, but always bothers me because it is so not true. We may not have night action results to work with, but if you use the time given and properly scum-hunt, our lynch should be anything but pot-luck. Also, you say you think Xace is mafia, but will get to him after the Air business. So, my questions to you:

1. Would you really just lynch anyone on d1 because we don't have much info to work with?
2. You make your comment about Xace, but never say why you think that way, so why is that? What has he done that makes him suspicious to you?
3. Finally, what Air business? We were clearly not actually considering lynching him, and discussion has begun to move away a from that initial starter discussion to broader topics. Why not voice your suspicions with reasoning to broaden our conversation?
You really think too hard. There's a little thing boys do called ****ing around.

Although let's answer these questons as frankly and honestly as possible.

1. No, absolutely not. Far from it. In fact, I would never just lynch anyone the first day. Airgemini must be lynched every d1, nobody else. If he's not there, then I'd go scum hunting. Kinda something like that.

2. What I said was a joke.

Here's my question to you: Do you know who I am? If you do, you'd understand everything I've done in its proper light.

Oh btw, I'm not unvoting yet, for justice's sake.

Top Bottom