• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ahhh my gawd...I've noticed a major problem with my Falcon today. Most of the time when I connect with an aerial such as bair, fair, or dair, I do not fast fall it. When the eff am I supposed to fast fall? After the hit connects? It seems that I press down right as the hit connects such as the knee sweet spotting and then I just fail at fast falling it. Ugh, this is probably the dumbest question I've asked yet but god it makes my Falcon seem soooo slow!

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Ahhh my gawd...I've noticed a major problem with my Falcon today. Most of the time when I connect with an aerial such as bair, fair, or dair, I do not fast fall it. When the eff am I supposed to fast fall? After the hit connects? It seems that I press down right as the hit connects such as the knee sweet spotting and then I just fail at fast falling it. Ugh, this is probably the dumbest question I've asked yet but god it makes my Falcon seem soooo slow!
It's before.

However, it all depends when and how you want to hit them and what move you want to combo into next, but you usually want to fast fall ASAP to ready for the next move.The fastfall is usually between the execution of the aerial and when it hits.

Jump ---> Fastfall ---> Aerial (normally a faster move like U-air since you have already fast fell) ---> Hitlag ---> L-Cancel

Normally this method is used to pull out a surprise attack to mix up empty shorthops, for example a Marth could fast fall a SH and at the last moment throw out a fair to throw off the opponent, you could do the same with u air since its so fast.

Jump ---> Aerial (This one you can use stomp, nair, knee because it allows you to stay in the air longer to either start up the knee or stomp or use the full duration of nair. Bair or U-air is perfectly fine as well) ---> Fastfall (with slower aerials you should delay the fast fall a bit, so you dont end up with an empty knee or stomp, if you only prefer to use only the first hit of the nair, you can fast fall earlier) ---> Hitlag ---> L-cancel

This is a more standard procedure of shffling. I suggest you practice shffling each one of Falcon's aerials to understand the timing. You don't need a target unless you're trying to get down the timing of L-Cancels as well, so just hitting the air is fine.

If you wish to fast fall Falcon's slower... well pretty much anyone's aerials earlier, practice executing attacks immediately after you leave the ground, that way you can practically instantaenously( well as soon as the game lets you) fast fall even Falcon's slower aerials.

But i suppose you could FF after the hitlag, but the only situation i see it in is a Fullhop --> U-air --> FF...etc.

i'm Not really sure?

But hey, it's not a dumb question, there's a lot of stuff I dunno squat about, but that's why we're here as a community to help each other

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hey can u guys give me some help on the match up, mainly wat works and dont, and how to combo pika

falcon vs pikachu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDuQ61eD6K4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3a3xRwXqY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM0UauKYrg8

i always thot the match up was in falcons favour but i've never faced a pikachu before so its my first time at the match up, any help would be good seeing how toronto has no pikachu mains and this pika main was visting from the west,

this is my only time ever facing a pika main

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
Nes Noob is nasty. Not only did he beat Scar, but Hax$$$ as well. I knew he was telling the truth too, because Hax was johning about it. Also, Darkrain is superior to SS. I played them both a TON at genesis. SS is all grabs. He's mainly good against fastfallers. Dark has WAY more experience than him.

The question has finally been answered.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Nes Noob is nasty. Not only did he beat Scar, but Hax$$$ as well. I knew he was telling the truth too, because Hax was johning about it. Also, Darkrain is superior to SS. I played them both a TON at genesis. SS is all grabs. He's mainly good against fastfallers. Dark has WAY more experience than him.

The question has finally been answered.
rofl we have known that answer for a long time...

MaNg0

Smash Hero
darkrain has always been better

but my boy jeff is catching up

and is way cooler

good **** jeff lol

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's before.

But i suppose you could FF after the hitlag, but the only situation i see it in is a Fullhop --> U-air --> FF...etc.

i'm Not really sure?

But hey, it's not a dumb question, there's a lot of stuff I dunno squat about, but that's why we're here as a community to help each other
shffl Nair/Upair is probably the most common aerial to fastfall after the hitlag.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yes I still hate Jigglypuff, probably now more than ever and I'm gonna kill Darc at least once per match every time we team.

My response to everything else on this page can be summed up by "I am the best Captain Falcon in the world."

MaNg0

Smash Hero
my falcon is better then urs

shut up

=D<3

also scar lost 2 me/hbox at genesis

THE IRONY

hahahahhah

Scar

#HarveyDent
outdated polls ftw

mango you should have falcon dittod me in tourney to settle it

also you would have given me 3rd place

skyheart

Smash Lord
SS isn't more flashy. The only type of flashyness i see from him is like wavelanding......its just that he gets hyped during the commentary so it seems like what he's doing is better than it really is.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
SS is more flashy than darkrain, hes not as good though.
So I am the bizzarro SS. Not flashy at all and boring.

Anyway questions time that I have had for a while but I thought I would find counters to them.....but I really haven't after all this time. >_>

Falco double lasering from the ledge...how do you punish it? Like invincibility frames and lasers at falcon height seem to make it impossible to punish. I have tried many things but either they have to mess up or I have to do something stupidly risky so counters for this?

Jigglypuff crouching in general but also specifically when next to you when you are in shield. What are the safest ways to get around this/pressure them from doing it as much?

Falco and Fox's shorthop bairs with no fastfall seem to have such stupid priority, speed, and no lag that I really don't know what to do. Tried nairing at the tip. Tried grabbing after it but no lag really since it is autocancelled. So what do I do about this while dashing or after getting hit by it (so I am not dashing) but I know he is going to do it again?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
So I am the bizzarro SS. Not flashy at all and boring.

Anyway questions time that I have had for a while but I thought I would find counters to them.....but I really haven't after all this time. >_>

Falco double lasering from the ledge...how do you punish it? Like invincibility frames and lasers at falcon height seem to make it impossible to punish. I have tried many things but either they have to mess up or I have to do something stupidly risky so counters for this?

Jigglypuff crouching in general but also specifically when next to you when you are in shield. What are the safest ways to get around this/pressure them from doing it as much?

Falco and Fox's shorthop bairs with no fastfall seem to have such stupid priority, speed, and no lag that I really don't know what to do. Tried nairing at the tip. Tried grabbing after it but no lag really since it is autocancelled. So what do I do about this while dashing or after getting hit by it (so I am not dashing) but I know he is going to do it again?
You can upair them after the 1st laser if your precise, but not if they keep both low. you can also fulljump bair over them but you have to predict when they will jump to have it timed correctly. You can do it semi decently though since you know they are going to jump the second they have invinc frames. You can also run past and bair the other way if you think it will kill or lead to a grab, but that is risky if they don't laser.

If they don't fastfall I'm pretty sure you can upair OOS and hit them, I can hit a standing Fox with a rising sh upair and I'm pretty sure this works. You can also just wavedash OoS. Not enough Falcons wavedash OoS against Falco/Fox, just wavedash after the shine and nair/jab.

And KirbyKaze, it's not a shffl bair, it's a non-fastfalled sh bair.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Is Marth a good partner for Falcon in doubles? Rather frustrating when I get hit by fsmash ;_; I like utilt to knee, however :p Actually, could some of yallz smart peepz list off some good Falcon partners?

N64

Smash Champion
pika falcon is a hot team imo.

pika just uairs stuff to pop em in the air and falcon starts running around kneeing. Pika can also save falcon with jolts and rising uairs off the edge.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Is Marth a good partner for Falcon in doubles? Rather frustrating when I get hit by fsmash ;_; I like utilt to knee, however :p Actually, could some of yallz smart peepz list off some good Falcon partners?
Pretty much anyone in top/high tier works well because Falcon is a wrecking ball in teams. Just let Marth camp and try to force one on ones and protect you from getting gimped while you just try to randomly wreck stuff.

As for getting hit it's all about knowing your partner so you learn to shield/avoid when you feel he is going to go for that stuff.

I'd probably rank it something like

1. Sheik
2. Marth
3. Fox
4. Jiggs
5. Peach

Top Bottom