• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oooh, this looks nice! Can I help?
Of course! It's a community project. Please share any and all ideas pertaining, or not pertaining to my idea. Really, anything. The premise is to come up with a majority-agreed Legend of Zelda.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Of course! It's a community project. Please share any and all ideas pertaining, or not pertaining to my idea. Really, anything. The premise is to come up with a majority-agreed Legend of Zelda.
Okay, cool. Thanks.

Also, we're all forgetting something: a central antagonist.

I think that it should be the guy who started the industry but is corrupted by his own pollution AND the Triforce of Power. Like some kind of evil CEO.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think that it should be the guy who started the industry but is corrupted by his own pollution AND the Triforce of Power. Like some kind of evil CEO.
When you say "Triforce of Power", Ganon is what immediately comes to mind. Are you talking about one of those people whom Ganon uses as a puppet?

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
When you say "Triforce of Power", Ganon is what immediately comes to mind. Are you talking about one of those people whom Ganon uses as a puppet?
In Twilight Princess, Ganon supposedly loses the Triforce of Power (as seen by the end cutscene). I was thinking maybe the Triforce had passed to someone else?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
In Twilight Princess, Ganon supposedly loses the Triforce of Power (as seen by the end cutscene). I was thinking maybe the Triforce had passed to someone else?
Okay, this is good.

How's this: A professional thief hired by a power-hungry industrialist steals it from it's sacred domain of sorts. Both the thief and the "evil CEO", as you put it (:laugh:) play a role as a major antagonist.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This "evil CEO" is very similar to a character that the long-since-dead "Project: Future Zelda" team came up with named Rabda. He was the first Ganon reincarnate, but as an entirely new person of Gerudo descent (not an actual Gerudo, since they crossbred with the Hylians, etc).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
This "evil CEO" is very similar to a character that the long-since-dead "Project: Future Zelda" team came up with named Rabda. He was the first Ganon reincarnate, but as an entirely new person of Gerudo descent (not an actual Gerudo, since they crossbred with the Hylians, etc).
Are you just pointing that out as a coincidence or are you saying no to the idea?

Mewter

Smash Master
What if the main antagonist were more of a Gerudo/Zora mix, just for the heck of it? He might feel like more of an outcast, but that is what drives him to doing what he does? He sees his own form of "discrimination" between the peoples of Hyrule and seeks to unify them, but loses his ideals somewhere along the way?

Or is that already too Ganon-like?
And was all of my post actually just a set of questions?

Edit:
What becomes of the Ocarina of Time, as well?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What if the main antagonist were more of a Gerudo/Zora mix, just for the heck of it? He might feel like more of an outcast, but that is what drives him to doing what he does? He sees his own form of "discrimination" between the peoples of Hyrule and seeks to unify them, but loses his ideals somewhere along the way?

And was all of my post actually just a set of questions?
Kind of like a fallen hero? I think it's alright, but just out of curiosity, is there anything that made you pick Zora over the other races?

Btw, this thread needz moar Rito.

EDIT: @your edit: I think Spire's "Errant" idea said something about the Hero of Time abusing it, which is what sent him to the future Zelda timeline in the first place.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Well keep in mind that at heart, he is Ganon. Gerudo/Zora mix, eh? I suppose if Rutos can be sexually attracted to humans (looking at you Ruto), then maybe they have some sort of ability to reproduce.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Edit:
What becomes of the Ocarina of Time, as well?
No idea. Care to come up with a fine solution?
Btw, this thread needz moar Rito.
There's certainly room for the Lake Hylia Zora to evolve into Rito as their water dries up ;)

I accept your challenge, SpireIII! Together we will build a Zelda unlike any other!
Here's your pickaxe. Get to work.

Human spawn emerging from eggs? I dont know... It's like a fish mating with a monkey. Either the human must lay an egg, or the zora must produce a baby WITHOUT an egg. It doesnt work.
What if he was an experiment? Eh, that sounds a bit too much like Mewtwo.

Mewter

Smash Master
Well keep in mind that at heart, he is Ganon. Gerudo/Zora mix, eh? I suppose if Rutos can be sexually attracted to humans (looking at you Ruto), then maybe they have some sort of ability to reproduce.
Well, Gerudo males being born every hundred years is weird enough, and this is some time after the familiar LoZ timeline anyways (and along with your Hylian(?)/Skulltulla idea, I believe), it seems perfectly possible. For all we know, the Zoras evolved in such a way that they are capable of mating with the humans of Hyrule. I have an idea of how this might work.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Okay, this is good.

How's this: A professional thief hired by a power-hungry industrialist steals it from it's sacred domain of sorts. Both the thief and the "evil CEO", as you put it (:laugh:) play a role as a major antagonist.
Or we could use a spin on this, The thief is indeed is cohort of the CEO slowly rising him to a higher spot on the corperate ladder raising higher and higher 'till their is nothing else to be premoted to. That is when the theif realizes he's been scammed and goes after the CEO leading to a large powerdown in the world, If the CEO was the electric company's his murder would perhaps lead to the downfall of electricity and new world engineering and lead to the original, whimsical, world it once was.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, Gerudo males being born every hundred years is weird enough, and this is some time after the familiar LoZ timeline anyways (and along with your Hylian(?)/Skulltulla idea, I believe), it seems perfectly possible. For all we know, the Zoras evolved in such a way that they are capable of mating with the humans of Hyrule. I have an idea of how this might work.

Although that's probably way out there.
Perhaps the Zora race is dying so they adapt to reproduce with other species?

Mewter

Smash Master
Exactly what I was thinking. ;)
Somehow, the Zora's Domain was thrown into a long bout of drought, possibly caused by pollution of the water into an unusable chemical or upsetting of the ecosystem. Zoras may have already been able to reproduce with humans (at least, some of them), and over hundreds or thousands of years, the two cultures more or less mixed and evolved, so now, there were human-zora crossbreeds. Maybe, possibly, the humans had engineered an underground water extractor, and that's why the Zoras moved in with them?

Maybe, though, Ganon's reincarnation was that of the most pure Gerudian male born?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Merge that concept with Wind Waker and you have the godawful movie "Waterworld".

I think we should stay away from such a bizarre phenomenon. The Zoras' lives are being threatened by the cutting off of water, so in order to stay alive, some are moving to the underground lakes of Kakariko/Death Mountain and others through the underground tunnel-rivers of Hyrule that they are currently building. I don't think interbreeding would be a plausible solution. As a means of restoring and unifying Hyrule, the Zoras are working to expand the land via their man-made rivers/canals and to irrigate the fields with these same systems.

Mewter

Smash Master
Merge that concept with Wind Waker and you have the godawful movie "Waterworld".

I think we should stay away from such a bizarre phenomenon. The Zoras' lives are being threatened by the cutting off of water, so in order to stay alive, some are moving to the underground lakes of Kakariko/Death Mountain and others through the underground tunnel-rivers of Hyrule that they are currently building. I don't think interbreeding would be a plausible solution. As a means of restoring and unifying Hyrule, the Zoras are working to expand the land via their man-made rivers/canals and to irrigate the fields with these same systems.
Aaaaw. So no grotesque fish Gerudo person? :laugh:
You solution sounds more possible anyways. I was just trying out something new.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Keep going with this Zora and Human offspring talk.

I'm getting horny.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Exactly what I was thinking. ;)
Somehow, the Zora's Domain was thrown into a long bout of drought, possibly caused by pollution of the water into an unusable chemical or upsetting of the ecosystem. Zoras may have already been able to reproduce with humans (at least, some of them), and over hundreds or thousands of years, the two cultures more or less mixed and evolved, so now, there were human-zora crossbreeds. Maybe, possibly, the humans had engineered an underground water extractor, and that's why the Zoras moved in with them?

Maybe, though, Ganon's reincarnation was that of the most pure Gerudian male born?
The only thing I have against this is that pretty much everywhere in Hyrule has changed pretty drastically except Zora's Domain, which is the new main hub of Hyrule. The Zoras, being a conserved people, yet ever-loyal to Hyrule are slowly moving away from their home because of the migration and growing multi-racial population.
Aaaaw. So no grotesque fish Gerudo person? :laugh:
You solution sounds more possible anyways. I was just trying out something new.
I'm not ruling it out. I'm thinking of the idea and I kind of like it, but we'd need to come up with something legitimate and convincing. Remember, this is in an age that's post-technology, and seeing as how it has drastically effected the world, it could possibly have had adverse effects on some Zora. Because fish are the most susceptible species to change, they would be the ones to evolve/mutate the easiest.

Scott!

Smash Lord
So, not to derail this, but Spire, you should totally dig up that map of Hyrule you made with all the cities on it and such from Project: Future Zelda. Even if the names and stuff change, the basic lay of the land would make a good starting point and give this something to stand on.

More on-topic: From my time spent with the Zora (lulz), I must say that I can't see them interbreeding outside the species. They're so isolationistic. In OoT, they hide where only messengers can reach them, and they're similarly remote in TP. The Gorons seem a little friendlier, but we don't want them interbreeding either now, do we?

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I will begin concepting a goron scientist for you guys. His name is Gor Akua. He's a big mean fellow who is totally blind in one eye and legally blind in the other. The only way he can see is by wearing a scope at all times. He created a "machine" that will imprison the monster that lives deep in Death Mountain. If ever the monster would be released, it could possibly destroy all of Death Mountain... if not the WORLD! But the machine has recently become more of an issue than the monster. Goron City 's walls are crashing down and destroying everything all thanks to the machine. So the Scientist sends you to find the problem the machine is having and fix it.

With some heavy investigation (The machine is a temple) you find out that the machine that was made to IMPRISON the monster has FUSED with the monster by some ill magics! Thus the creature, thanks to the scientist, has become more powerful.

Oh... Gor Akua comes with you. After the mini boss fight, he comes to you and gives you an "Essential tool" that will help you "Fix" the rest of the machine.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So, not to derail this, but Spire, you should totally dig up that map of Hyrule you made with all the cities on it and such from Project: Future Zelda. Even if the names and stuff change, the basic lay of the land would make a good starting point and give this something to stand on.

More on-topic: From my time spent with the Zora (lulz), I must say that I can't see them interbreeding outside the species. They're so isolationistic. In OoT, they hide where only messengers can reach them, and they're similarly remote in TP. The Gorons seem a little friendlier, but we don't want them interbreeding either now, do we?
Oh yes, that map! I will post it in my next post. I don't know about the Gorons though, I have a fascination with them...
I will begin concepting a goron scientist for you guys. His name is Gor Akua. He's a big mean fellow who is totally blind in one eye and legally blind in the other. The only way he can see is by wearing a scope at all times. He created a "machine" that will imprison the monster that lives deep in Death Mountain. If ever the monster would be released, it could possibly destroy all of Death Mountain... if not the WORLD! But the machine has recently become more of an issue than the monster. Goron City 's walls are crashing down and destroying everything all thanks to the machine. So the Scientist sends you to find the problem the machine is having and fix it.

With some heavy investigation (The machine is a temple) you find out that the machine that was made to IMPRISON the monster has FUSED with the monster by some ill magics! Thus the creature, thanks to the scientist, has become more powerful.

Oh... Gor Akua comes with you. After the mini boss fight, he comes to you and gives you an "Essential tool" that will help you "Fix" the rest of the machine.
Perhaps Gor Akua made the machine to cool down Death Mountain because it was on the verge of erupting incredibly, spreading ash and lava for miles and miles. However, the machine cooled the mountain down far too much, sealing the lava font from its core and using the thermal energy to actually create frost, which over years of uncontrollability, froze the mountain over.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

Wow...

I don't know about you guys, but I really like this idea. It's especially fitting for a future future Zelda.

At the very least, we should use it as a reference to build something else off of.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wow...

I don't know about you guys, but I really like this idea. It's especially fitting for a future future Zelda.

At the very least, we should use it as a reference to build something else off of.
Oh definitely. Very, very inspiring.

And here's the map I promised. Keep in mind, it was made almost a year ago and was for Project: Future Zelda, which was entirely different, so the cities seen on here are not necessarily relevant:

Also, this was the currency:

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's the concept of Gor Akua. He will be hitting Modelling tomorrow.

Usually gorons have tatoos, I know. But my drawing program doesnt have the power to make straight perfect lines... Curse you, Corel Painter! But anyways, yeah. The robe thing he's wearing show that he is... or WAS a well respected and powerful part of the Goron community. Gor Akua will be threatened by the Goron Chieftain that if he does not set forth and attempt to fix the machine, he will be 'stripped" of his power and back to being a commoner. Gor Akua, loving his power, then jumps at the opportunity of fixing the machine thats broken.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I always thought about making a LoZ manga/anime based on OoT, I've always enjoyed the little puppy love that revolves around Link and Saria, plus the game would make great for it. Some minor things would be changed around, unless for fourth wall/inside jokes, but I'd try to make the story cohesive and close to the game.

My only issue is the closest I can come to actual manga is simple pencil work, and I lack the proper software for anime.
You never know though.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I like your idea Zaneebaslave. Seems really interesting.

And Spire, for the map are those the only cities or could there be other smaller cities like the Hidden Village in TP.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like your idea Zaneebaslave. Seems really interesting.

And Spire, for the map are those the only cities or could there be other smaller cities like the Hidden Village in TP.
Like I said, that's an old map for a completely different project. Scott! asked me to post it, so I did. Use it as a frame of reference, inspiration, or what have you. It will definitely not be included in this project.

And the drawing for Gor Akua is awesome zaneeba!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Like I said, that's an old map for a completely different project. Scott! asked me to post it, so I did. Use it as a frame of reference, inspiration, or what have you. It will definitely not be included in this project.
Wait...is that the map from the old Zelda project we had the group for!? If so, than it reminds me that we need the anti-Zoras. For those who don't know, instead of being human-shaped with fish characteristics, there fish-shaped with some human characteristics.

Mewter

Smash Master
Lol, Zaneeba. The design for Gor Akua makes him look like a grumpy old tech-loving Goron, which is what he is anyways, right?

What would the Death Mountain boss be, though? It could possibly a boss that goes through two or three stages? Anyways, the deeper Link gets into Death Mountain, the more and more prominent machines get, until he gets to a frost-covered door blocked by ice, and mostly rusted shut as well.

Anyways, maybe Death Mountain's inside looks mostly cool, with some large cracks here and there from the cooling and heating of it earlier on, and snow has begun to collect everywhere.

So, onto the boss. Would it be some kind of technologically-aided snow and rock golem-type thing, and when you beat that first phase, the entire mountain starts heating up, and the thing catches on fire/turns into a lava monster? Just to make things harder, maybe pieces of machinery fly off from the sides of the stage and aide the monster in attacking you. Maybe the ground even comes alive? :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wait...is that the map from the old Zelda project we had the group for!? If so, than it reminds me that we need the anti-Zoras. For those who don't know, instead of being human-shaped with fish characteristics, there fish-shaped with some human characteristics.
You mean the Zolas (or River Zoras)? Those are from numerous Zelda games, the latest being PH and probably ST.

Interesting, very, very interesting. This brings up a great point that I will take to the Timeline thread now.

XACE-K

Smash Master
So, onto the boss. Would it be some kind of technologically-aided snow and rock golem-type thing, and when you beat that first phase, the entire mountain starts heating up, and the thing catches on fire/turns into a lava monster? Just to make things harder, maybe pieces of machinery fly off from the sides of the stage and aide the monster in attacking you. Maybe the ground even comes alive?
Well in Spire's view, Death Mountain has been frozen over. Zaneebaslave says a monster that's in there has fused with a machine. So I think it would be best to fuse the 2 ideas together. The boss would be some magical half snow beast and half machine.

How baout the beast is the mini-boss and it eventually transforms when you get into the boss room?

You mean the Zolas (or River Zoras)? Those are from numerous Zelda games, the latest being PH and probably ST.
I thought Zolas were the fish-monster things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom