• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Character discussion: Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Link as a character is a bit difficult to analyze. He's got a few things keeping him from being so analyzable. First off, there are a bunch of different Links, and they don't all have interchangeable characters. And then he doesn't even talk, so it's a challenge for him to really show through as a character. This was at least partially the intended effect, as the designers wanted him to be very easy for the player to project himself or herself on.

I think the WW/PH Link is probably the best-defined of the lot. The style of the game lends itself to a lot of facial character, so Link can express himself without speech. He always has such expressive looks on his face. Plus, the addition of a family is big. Yes, the ALttP Link had an uncle, but he wasn't a big player for very long at all. On the other hand, Aryll is one of the most important characters not to have part of the Triforce in WW. She and Link have a well-defined sibling dynamic, and they're clearly close. Grandma is also key in characterizing him. She keeps him rooted on Outset, so he always has someone at home to fight for.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
This just bothers me, because I'm a spelling/grammar wh0re, but CHARACTER is spelled wrong in the thread title.

In high school terms, Link is the handsome, mysterious guy who keeps to himself, but all the hot chicks just want him to bang them.

rhan

Smash Hero
Does PH Link have pointy ears?
All Link's do. Since he's a "Toon" form his ears are probably more rounded but still pointed at the ends.
____

My favorite Link was obviously Young Link. Why? He kicked so my *** in Majora's and Ocarina of Time. I also loved how later in OoT you HAVE to play Young Link for the Spirit Temple. It really showed that his role as a Link is vital because to succeed in the temple you had to travel through time. Going through as an adult and a child.

Majora's just put a giant spotlight on little Link. From transforming with Masks and having many things to do be involved with. It also showed that you don't have to be an adult to do heroic things.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Link REALLY that much of an important character? ...I mean, in every game he's in he has the least amount of dialogue of all characters.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Every main character in almost EVERY Nintendo game has no/ very little diologue! Mario has only spoken about 10 words his entire life as a game character, Kirby speaks in little squeaks and wails, Donkey Kong hasnt talked at all except at the end of DKC3 (Which sucked anyways), heck even Lucas or Ness dont speak when you play them in the mother series.

Link is just another grand example of the Nintendo tradition.

Also without Link , who would all the bad stuff happen to?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
To prevent forum clutter, try creating a general Zelda character discussion thread. If we had a tread for Link, Zelda, Ganon, Vaati, Agahnim... it would just get messy.

So actually, I think I'll just merge the Ganondorf discussion thread with this and change the title to Zelda Character Discussion.

EDIT: I actually just realized that somebody already made a general character discussion thread. Use that!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom