• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

XACE-K

Smash Master
What if the machine was made to heat Death Mountain?
Wasn't that common sense already? :mad:

Well zaneebaslave only said the machine would imprison this monster. I thought the machine would be better suited for what you said.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just had an idea.

What if this 'future zelda' wasn't really in the future, but in the past?

As in, the world becomes destroyed/mainly destroyed and somehow magic comes into the mix. Maybe the Goddesses were actually scientists who created the triforce/the sacred realm as a way to seal away all that radiation? And as a result of this dimensional stuff, Magic came into the mix somehow.

It could be set right after the triforce is made, when people are being born with strange powers/characteristics. It could explain how Gorons, Zora, etc were made. Not only that, but the 'scientists' could have been changed into much more powerful forms by the Triforce's power. This would make them be actual 'goddesses.'

It could even have the first Link, Ganon, and Zelda in it. They could be some of the first to gain powers, or even the ability to 'sync' with one of the triforces. Guardians, if you will. Maybe Ganon was corrupted, and he tried to destroy everything. He may have nearly succeeded in destroying everything. Link and Zelda may have beaten him, but he may have used his power to throw his soul into a cycle of reincarnation, but the individual new Ganon's have no ememories of the past Ganon's, but the same base personality, facial features, etc. In order to combat this, Link and Zelda did the same thing.

Also, maybe they recreated the world after it was almost destroyed, which would get rid of all traces of high tech machinery.

Anyone like this idea? It's kinda rough, but I do.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just had an idea.

What if this 'future zelda' wasn't really in the future, but in the past?

As in, the world becomes destroyed/mainly destroyed and somehow magic comes into the mix. Maybe the Goddesses were actually scientists who created the triforce/the sacred realm as a way to seal away all that radiation? And as a result of this dimensional stuff, Magic came into the mix somehow.

It could be set right after the triforce is made, when people are being born with strange powers/characteristics. It could explain how Gorons, Zora, etc were made. Not only that, but the 'scientists' could have been changed into much more powerful forms by the Triforce's power. This would make them be actual 'goddesses.'

It could even have the first Link, Ganon, and Zelda in it. They could be some of the first to gain powers, or even the ability to 'sync' with one of the triforces. Guardians, if you will. Maybe Ganon was corrupted, and he tried to destroy everything. He may have nearly succeeded in destroying everything. Link and Zelda may have beaten him, but he may have used his power to throw his soul into a cycle of reincarnation, but the individual new Ganon's have no ememories of the past Ganon's, but the same base personality, facial features, etc. In order to combat this, Link and Zelda did the same thing.

Also, maybe they recreated the world after it was almost destroyed, which would get rid of all traces of high tech machinery.

Anyone like this idea? It's kinda rough, but I do.
Holy mackerel.

I cannot support this enough! This is incredible. I'm left speechless.

Interestingly enough, I had devised a duo that fits right into this. They consist of a large, one-armed Goron (only has a left arm) and a small Deku Scrub, the last of his kind. The Goron carries the Scrub around in his arm to protect him, showing that he is then defenseless as he has no other arm to defend himself. He would sacrifice his life just to protect this Scrub, and for unknown reason. Well, I figured that this Deku Scrub would in fact seed itself at some point to grow into a Deku Tree to restore the forest. I suppose now, this Deku Tree will in fact, become the Great Deku Tree of Ocarina of Time.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Another addition to the idea:

What if it wasn't Link/zelda who did the reincarnation thing, since they thought it was immoral for a soul to live that long etc, but the Goddesses did it so that the triforce could stay around/in balance.

Or link/zelda died and they did it. Take your pick.

Edit: Thanks spire!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hey, are there any musicians in this project? It would be interesting if we could get some songs for a soundtrack to the game.

Werekill, your idea is great.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey, are there any musicians in this project? It would be interesting if we could get some songs for a soundtrack to the game.
We could go one of two routes:

1. Get a close friend of mine who is an incredible musician to do it.

2. Assemble this project tentatively and with great detail, then propose it to ZREO.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just had another idea.

What if the Errant wasn't sent to the future but to the ancient hyrule that I said in my idea? Maybe Link lost the first time against Ganon, and the 'Goddesses' used time travel stuff to bring forth a legendary hero from the future to train him way before the battle. This would create ANOTHER timeline for people to mess around with (the one where link lost).

Plus, the Errant could have been tricked into thinking it was the future so that he would stop abusing the ocarina or whatever.

It would work rather well, but the problem is paradoxes.

Perhaps the paradoxes were solved because the 'Goddesses' saw another timeline where Link won, but this was the only way to bring that about, so they brought a hero from that timeline.

At the end, Link/Zelda would still die/be thrown into the reincarnation cycle.

Still another rough idea, but it could still work.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just had another idea.

What if the Errant wasn't sent to the future but to the ancient hyrule that I said in my idea? Maybe Link lost the first time against Ganon, and the 'Goddesses' used time travel stuff to bring forth a legendary hero from the future to train him way before the battle. This would create ANOTHER timeline for people to mess around with (the one where link lost).

Plus, the Errant could have been tricked into thinking it was the future so that he would stop abusing the ocarina or whatever.

It would work rather well, but the problem is paradoxes.

Perhaps the paradoxes were solved because the 'Goddesses' saw another timeline where Link won, but this was the only way to bring that about, so they brought a hero from that timeline.

At the end, Link/Zelda would still die/be thrown into the reincarnation cycle.

Still another rough idea, but it could still work.
X_X

All this time traveling stuff is confusing. It's seems okay, but I don't really like it that much. Same with your previous idea. It just doesn't really peak my interest.

Spire

III
BRoomer
X_X

All this time traveling stuff is confusing. It's seems okay, but I don't really like it that much. Same with your previous idea. It just doesn't really peak my interest.
I hate to say it now, but I think I got overworked that you, Werekill, took what we had established and made something so incredibly different of it. Trust my word - I think it's great, but it destroys the room for a more ideal pre-historic Zelda. I think basing it far in the future is a safer bet, because we'll be avoiding a million paradoxes.

If you can manage to come up with a surefire system for eliminating such paradoxes, please post it. I would absolutely love to see where you take this idea. Or, you could work on other ideas. The choice is yours.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Item: Cucco Bomb - An exploding mechanical Cucco. Walks around and can even fly.

Works simillar to Bombchu or Bombling. Is this win?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Item: Cucco Bomb - An exploding mechanical Cucco. Walks around and can even fly.

Yes this is win. I can imagine it now - a clunky little Cucco that hops and flies around until it explodes. I love it.

*adds to OP*

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Sidequest idea: A little boy is missing his pet cat and is very lonely. The cat is basicly in a chest in a dungeon, bring it back, you get a piece of heart

XACE-K

Smash Master

Yes, yes it is.

Sidequest idea: A little boy is missing his pet cat and is very lonely. The cat is basicly in a chest in a dungeon, bring it back, you get a piece of heart
lmao. This should be a side quest. I can see it now. Link or Errant open up a chest...and find a cat in it. It's amazing.

Btw Spire, I think you should add the ideas you have in post 4 of this thread to the OP. It can be useful and give us ideas for dungeons and whatnot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
lmao. This should be a side quest. I can see it now. Link or Errant open up a chest...and find a cat in it. It's amazing.
I think it'd be even better if you know nothing of this boy's missing cat until you happen upon the chest, open it and are forced to carry around a cat in your inventory. When you finally come near the boy, wherever he is, the cat starts meowing, and the boy runs up to you and you're rewarded.

Mewter

Smash Master
But, there is a paradox involved. Now, you as Link have to guess whether or not the cat is alive or not before you open the chest without looking. So, the cat has a chance of being killed by a poison gas-

Lol. Good idea.
Also, @ the time paradox idea: I like it, but it's just too much.:laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Neighboring Countries

I just added three worlds to the OP that we should explore:

Holodrum, Labrynna, and Cobble. Just to refresh, Holodrum is the land explored in Oracle of Seasons, Labrynna from Oracle of Ages, and Cobble is what I've dubbed the world seen in Phantom Hourglass, just, not flooded (yes, it's named after the section known as the Cobble Kingdom).

Seeing as how this is the future, Hyrule would have made contact with these outlying lands at some point. I propose that we design Holodrum and Labrynna to be connected as one land equal the size of Hyrule, with Cobble comprised of the four 'drained' quadrants of the Great Sea in PH -- also equal the size of Hyrule.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also Spire, you should add the Hylia Canyon and the fungus-covered woods as dungeons. And since you asked for a proper name, the woods should be the Ordon Village.

Edit: For the neighboring countries, I see them being former trade partners with Hyrule. As Hyrule became destroyed, trade ended between the lands. So at times during the adventure, you'll go to Holodrum/Labrynna/Cobble to participate in quests, side dungeons, and whatever.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Yes this is win. I can imagine it now - a clunky little Cucco that hops and flies around until it explodes. I love it.

*adds to OP*
Yes, yes it is.
:D Thanks.

I think it'd be even better if you know nothing of this boy's missing cat until you happen upon the chest, open it and are forced to carry around a cat in your inventory. When you finally come near the boy, wherever he is, the cat starts meowing, and the boy runs up to you and you're rewarded.
This is win.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also Spire, you should add the Hylia Canyon and the fungus-covered woods as dungeons. And since you asked for a proper name, the woods should be the Ordon Village.
I think we need to visit the Water Temple a third time. Except, it's dried out, and overgrown with vegetation. What if the bottom of Lake Hylia has actually become a jungle?

I completely forgot about Ordon. I would love to see the ruins of Ordon as a secluded area in the forest - somewhere that's actually peaceful, similar to the Sacred Grove in TP. The actual dungeon is going to be where the exploded reactor in the Great Deku Tree is. Rather than getting a new tunic, Link will have a radiation suit to explore this dungeon. For the first time, he'll need a special suit to navigate a forest dungeon.
This is win.
Hehe, glad you approve.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Another item: Tech-sword. A sword made of metallic chrome and various other technology, Weakest sword ingame and the first one to get, when technology is about to become obsolite

Spire

III
BRoomer
Another item: Tech-sword. A sword made of metallic chrome and various other technology, Weakest sword ingame and the first one to get, when technology is about to become obsolite
Sounds fair enough. Just so you all know, I'm adding all ideas to the OP and linking them to their respective posts. Let me know if I miss anything.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Does the "Quests" section of the OP relate only to sidequests, or can dungeon quests be added as well (a la Makar being rescued from the Forbidden woods in WW, the Great Deku Tree being saved in OoT, etc.)?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Does the "Quests" section of the OP relate only to sidequests, or can dungeon quests be added as well (a la Makar being rescued from the Forbidden woods in WW, the Great Deku Tree being saved in OoT, etc.)?
All quests mang! I can see this section filling up with a ton of content. Remember though, not just anything will be added to the OP. Only those that we agree on.

XACE-K

Smash Master
idk if you saw this Spire so I'll post it again.

For the neighboring countries, I see them being former trade partners with Hyrule. As Hyrule became destroyed, trade ended between the lands. So at times during the adventure, you'll go to Holodrum/Labrynna/Cobble to participate in quests, side dungeons, and whatever.
And because of them being trade partners, there should be a port (like the Windfish Gate from the old Zelda group).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Zelda could appear as a Diplomat visiting to Hyrule during a time of war
She definitely won't be a princess. A diplomat or politician of sorts is more like it.
idk if you saw this Spire so I'll post it again.

And because of them being trade partners, there should be a port (like the Windfish Gate from the old Zelda group).
You guess it - I missed this. But yes, this is what we need. One of the main purposes in this game is to bring Hyrule back to life, and in this future world, that includes its trade partnering countries, as they became a strong part of it before the country collapsed.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
So there is no more monarchy? Would the monarchy come back, due to the medieval comeback? Or will Zelda do a Padme Amadala and turn into a senator or something?

Meh, anyways, I will also do some creature conception, along side work on my other idea.

Octorocs

Octorocs have changed drastically and almost violently since we saw them last. What were once only octopus-like and aquatic have emerged from their oceans and rivers as a giant crustaceans that tread on land.

The aquatic forms of the Octorocs are still around, but barely. At one point, the Octoroc had become a filter-feeder: eating the pollutions of the waters thanks to the technology of the world. But the ending of such technologies has turned the once stylish Octoroc into sick and shrimpy squids. The aquatic octorocs spit no rocks... instead, the spit the poisonous fungi they get in their stomachs via the water flow from the Lost Woods.

Land Octorocs, however, spit rocks... BIG rocks. They are hard to kill... You need the silver gauntlets to catch their rocks and hurdle them back at them!

I'll have more creatures... but rigbht now I cant think of any.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
M'kay, m'kay, so get this

After you defeat a pirate hoard who raids a trade ship, the owner allows you to use it to get to the other regions of the world. In each world, a certain quest must be done before the region resumes trade with Hyrule.

Sound good?

EDIT: Zaneeba, there WERE land-dwelling Octoroks in the original LoZ, but your idea sounds okay, I guess.

XACE-K

Smash Master
After you defeat a pirate hoard who raids a trade ship, the owner allows you to use it to get to the other regions of the world. In each world, a certain quest must be done before the region resumes trade with Hyrule.

Sound good?
Yeah. It shouldn't just be

1. Go to person
2. Talk to them
3. ???
4. Profit! (aka: trade)

There should be some difficulty to it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yeah. It shouldn't just be

1. Go to person
2. Talk to them
3. ???
4. Profit! (aka: trade)

There should be some difficulty to it.
Yeah.

Maybe you could run some of the trades as a sidequest or something, too.

Mewter

Smash Master
Okay, I've got some ideas. :)

Monster:
Quest:
Weapon/Item:
Something about the storyline:

Glowfos:

These Glowfos adapted to the dark, polluted waters, and they ended up with extra long limbs to grapple at prey and a light to draw creatures in. These glowing pufferfish swim around in the water, and have two tentacle-like arms that can stretch at least ten feet in any given direction. When grabbed (think of Morpha from OoT, with the crushing and all that, but less powerful) you are thrown back to where you used to be.

Steel Bubble:
Just like the skeleton heads from OoT and Majora's Mask, except swords can not hurt them. Their only weaknesses are bombs.

Beat the Marathon Man!:
That's right. This time around, Link has to try to beat the Marathon Man. You meet him jogging around the broken forest generator where the Deku Tree used to be. You have to race him to the base of Death Mountain. Unfortunately, you cannot beat him. Instead, though, if you have gotten within ten seconds of a certain time (2 minutes, maybe?), then you earn a special song for the Ocarina of Time: Marathon's Melody, which allows you to run twice as fast for a set amount of time, depending on your magic, which is steadily drained.

Nano Teleporter:
This could actually be an item/weapon that is used in dungeons and in boss battles. Basically, you Z target an object, use the item, and choose a spot (like a hookshot) near to you and teleport it to that spot. You can use this to possibly teleport pots or heavy objects from one place to another (like, above an enemy) to crush them. Possibly(?) lost in the reactor where the Deku Tree used to be?

Something about the storyline:
Okay, so I want to bring back the Ocarina of Time somehow, but that's just me. Also,who does Link bring with him for a companion?

So....?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Their has to be optional weapons.
Weapon: Super boots
Description: Makes you leap higher and looks like it was used by a plumber
I know you're joking with the plumber comment, but are you serious on this? I don't have much of an opinion on optional weapons, but I don't see much use in Super Boots (other than practical use, in which case it would be a requirement to get something).

Hell, know what they need to do? Make a Zelda game that actually changes with the seasons of the real world (like Animal Crossing), so year-round, it will change, giving you a reason to replay the game a million times. You could beat it all within three or four days in Spring, and in the game, everything would be in bloom, certain creatures relevant only to this time would appear in certain places; certain characters might be featured, etc. Then, if you come back and play it in Summer, Fall, or Winter, you'd have a totally different experience, encountering different enemies (not all, but some seasonal-exclusives get switched out), different people, and have access to different areas. Perhaps in Winter, a certain pathway is blocked off by an avalanche, so in order to access it, you'd have to actually wait til Spring.

With that being said, the path from beginning-to-end of game would never be blocked off - just extra things. There could also be a masterful collector's list a la Animal Crossing's Fish and Bug charts, where certain species can only be caught at certain points throughout the year.
(This was a post from Spire in the Zelda Wii discussion thread)

This (or at least something similar to it) would be a cool implementation into the game.

EDIT: @Mewter: I like those ideas. I wouldn't mind seeing the Ocarina again (if we go with the Errant idea, maybe the Goddesses grant the Errant the Ocarina's power again after he's successfully trained you, and then he gives it to you?).

As for a companion, I'm not sure on that yet. I'll get back to you after I've come up with something.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
@Clownbot: Wow, I never read that idea from Spire. It sounds amazing. I say let's add it :) . Just think how much value it would add to the game. Random Zelda player: "OMG it's the last day of fall! I'd better go get that item before I might not be able to reach it!"

It could use the internal Wii Calendar/Clock, like Paper Mario 2 with the "lottery resetting at midnight" thing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom