• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sickly Octorok (spelling wh0re, sorry) sounds cool. I like the art, too, but... you expect that to walk on land? :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sickly Octorok (spelling wh0re, sorry) sounds cool. I like the art, too, but... you expect that to walk on land? :laugh:
I'm pretty sure it lives in the polluted waters like he said before. Also, just add a white background and re-upload. The edges are too hard on the eyes.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
No, see, these are the dying AQUATIC Octoroks (Thanks for the spelling :D). The Land Octoroks are much different and more crustacean.
Ohhhh, I see. When you said it went with the idea you had earlier, I thought you were talking about the land-dwelling Octoroks. Sorry for the misconception.

Also, when the aquatic Octorok spits at you, maybe you take poisoning damage (like head flowers in Smash) from the fungus?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Aw, poor Octorok. That one I wouldn't want to eat. No matter how hungry I am.

Ah yes! Add to bestiary the Selepria Serpent, please. The Selepria Serpent is a large sea monster of the Hyrule Sea that is famed for terrorizing the inhabitants of the Isle of Selepria (also a fanmade place... maybe add it to the map along with a sea). It is a legendary beast with a long fin on its back, giving it aerodynamics in its swimming abilities. It devours fisherman straight off their boats, and with deadly swiftness. It's about 3 meters in length, and has a width of a 1/4 meter. It varies in color from silver to blue, and tends to blend in with the watery surroundings. The Selepria Serpent travels alone, and only travels in packs (or rather, swarms) during stormy weather, to cover it's loud noises made while traveling in large numbers. This sea serpent has a scaly armor that can only be penetrated by arrows or ice arrows. Fire arrows' effects are dissipated on impact. It takes 3 hits of the standard arrow and 1 hit of the ice arrow to destroy, and are most deadly in numbers, so avoid the Seleprian coastline in stormy conditions!

That'll be all for now. Might post concept art later if I feel like it, lol.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I know you're joking with the plumber comment, but are you serious on this? I don't have much of an opinion on optional weapons, but I don't see much use in Super Boots (other than practical use, in which case it would be a requirement to get something).
I like how ideas I hated get approved and ideas I like get denyed

Mewter

Smash Master
Okay, I've got some more ideas.

Monster:
Quest:
Weapon/Item:
Something about the storyline:

Chu Blob:
Chu Blobs are strange gelatinous creatures that are the descendants of Chu Chus. These Chu Blobs have the ability to jump extremely far and Link is hurt when touched by them. Special ones can also have Like-Like- like effects on Link.

Save the Fairies!:
Link must collect fairies from the dungeons (just like MM) and give them to the Great Fairy. This Great Fairy, however, will give you the quest and send you off to previously unexplored sections of dungeons with puzzles to gather the fairies within a time limit (When you have the last fairy, the timer stops). You must return to the great fairy afterward and claim your prize. The challenges and rewards will steadily become harder and more rewarding after completing a number of quests.

Rewards:
1st: 50 Rupees
2nd: Larger Bomb/ Arrow Bag
3rd: Extra Bottle
4th: Heart Piece
5th: New Sword Combo Move

Ear of Shieka:
The Ear of Shieka is an ancient artifact from the Shieka tribe that was lost long before OoT. This "ear", when equipped, allows the range of your sight on the screen to be increased from 180 Degrees to a larger 240 degree view. It also allows a fraction of a second more time for the "Quickdraw" move.

So, maybe Link carries a mysterious deku scrub around with him in his hat. Maybe they've adapted to the new environment by shrinking themselves and also making it so that only those chosen by the godesses can see them. Maybe the deku scrub joins you because it is lost, or something like that.

Maybe the Ocarina appears from the Errant, or maybe Link finds it in a dungeon that has just recently been experiencing strange magical phenomena caused by the Ocarina. A Link from the past could have sent it forward in time somehow... along with the deku scrub?

Edit: Never mind. Spire already had something in mind for the deku scrub. :)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Aw, poor Octorok. That one I wouldn't want to eat. No matter how hungry I am.

Ah yes! Add to bestiary the Selepria Serpent, please. The Selepria Serpent is a large sea monster of the Hyrule Sea that is famed for terrorizing the inhabitants of the Isle of Selepria (also a fanmade place... maybe add it to the map along with a sea). It is a legendary beast with a long fin on its back, giving it aerodynamics in its swimming abilities. It devours fisherman straight off their boats, and with deadly swiftness. It's about 3 meters in length, and has a width of a 1/4 meter. It varies in color from silver to blue, and tends to blend in with the watery surroundings. The Selepria Serpent travels alone, and only travels in packs (or rather, swarms) during stormy weather, to cover it's loud noises made while traveling in large numbers. This sea serpent has a scaly armor that can only be penetrated by arrows or ice arrows. Fire arrows' effects are dissipated on impact. It takes 3 hits of the standard arrow and 1 hit of the ice arrow to destroy, and are most deadly in numbers, so avoid the Seleprian coastline in stormy conditions!

That'll be all for now. Might post concept art later if I feel like it, lol.
I LIEK.

For some reason, I can see a boss emerging from this idea.

yeah, that was the idea. So all in all, Octoroks have be come more deadly than their slightly less powerful ancestors.
Sounds good.

I didn't completely write the idea off, I just gave my opinion. Lots of ideas have people that don't like them. It's no big deal.

Chu Blob:
Chu Blobs are strange gelatinous creatures that are the descendants of Chu Chus. These Chu Blobs have the ability to jump extremely far and Link is hurt when touched by them. Special ones can also have Like-Like- like effects on Link.
i c wut you did thar. :3

This idea sounds good. Maybe one of our artists can draw the artwork for one up (how do they look, btw?).

Save the Fairies!:
Link must collect fairies from the dungeons (just like MM) and give them to the Great Fairy. This Great Fairy, however, will give you the quest and send you off to previously unexplored sections of dungeons with puzzles to gather the fairies within a time limit (When you have the last fairy, the timer stops). You must return to the great fairy afterward and claim your prize. The challenges and rewards will steadily become harder and more rewarding after completing a number of quests.

Rewards:
1st: 50 Rupees
2nd: Larger Bomb/ Arrow Bag
3rd: Extra Bottle
4th: Heart Piece
5th: New Sword Combo Move
Again, good.

Ear of Shieka:
The Ear of Shieka is an ancient artifact from the Shieka tribe that was lost long before OoT. This "ear", when equipped, allows the range of your sight on the screen to be increased from 180 Degrees to a larger 240 degree view. It also allows a fraction of a second more time for the "Quickdraw" move.
Yuss.

Lots of great ideas here. :bee:

Spire

III
BRoomer
As long as they aren't called Super Boots and take on an original look, then I think they're fine. They can be the spiritual successors to Roc's Feather.
Maybe the Ocarina appears from the Errant, or maybe Link finds it in a dungeon that has just recently been experiencing strange magical phenomena caused by the Ocarina. A Link from the past could have sent it forward in time somehow.
Wow, I did not realize that The Errant is actually "a Link to the past". Hehe.

But about the Ocarina. Perhaps the "dungeon" revolving around it is actually based in the past, before Hyrule collapsed, during its huge technological sprawl. It might be a mega-dungeon, one that's about three times the size of a normal dungeon. Link and The Errant could fight off the swarm of the still-undecided-insect race (not necessarily the Skulltula species) that attacks and destroys Hyrule City, but upon discovering a crucial something (either their leader, something beneath the city, etc - I don't know what it is), and with imminent failure in defeating the swarm, The Errant plays the Ocarina to exit this time, and while you are dumped back into the current time, he and the Ocarina are sent back to his time before TP.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
As long as they aren't called Super Boots and take on an original look, then I think they're fine. They can be the spiritual successors to Roc's Feather.

But about the Ocarina. Perhaps the "dungeon" revolving around it is actually based in the past, before Hyrule collapsed, during its huge technological sprawl. It might be a mega-dungeon, one that's about three times the size of a normal dungeon. Link and The Errant could fight off the swarm of the still-undecided-insect race (not necessarily the Skulltula species) that attacks and destroys Hyrule City, but upon discovering a crucial something (either their leader, something beneath the city, etc - I don't know what it is), and with imminent failure in defeating the swarm, The Errant plays the Ocarina to exit this time, and while you are dumped back into the current time, he and the Ocarina are sent back to his time before TP.
I'm really loving this Errant thing. It's making this project more and more win for me.

And pertaining to the undecided insect race, they could be a mutated cousin of the Skulltula from experiments done by said scientists who tainted Kokiri Forest.

Mewter

Smash Master
i c wut you did thar. :3

ACK! Prematurely posted.
Anyways, sounds good. I guess there should be puzzles with time shifts here and there: things being changed in the past unlock doors in the future.
Maybe, this dungeon is actually a city or insect village/hive?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright how about Wright boots. Named after the inventors of the plane
You could have gone the easy route and said "Roc's Boots". We need to avoid referencing real-world names. I know they got away with Poe, but that's because the name is odd as it is, and fits the ghosts that are named such. Come up with a reasonable name and we'll add it to the OP.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
ACK! Prematurely posted.
I lol'd. :laugh:

Alright how about Wright boots. Named after the inventors of the plane
I don't want to be a sourpuss about your ideas again, but it'd be weird TO ME for an item from a fantasy game to be named after real-world people, especially with such a... plain name, if you know what I mean (I'm not trying to make a pun, btw >_>)

I know it may seem like a petty complaint, but this is just my opinion.

EDIT: ANOTHER conversation ninja? :mad:

I like the name "Hikou Boots" AND "Roc Boots", though. Also, @Spire, Poes are named after Edgar Allen Poe? That always went right over my head. :laugh:

Mewter

Smash Master
Boss:
Garwardon-Mythical Canyon Creature; Boss of Hylia Canyon
Type of Creature: Evil Kirin-type thing, more inclined toward a wicked deer/antelope look.

Anyways, when Link arrives at the canyon, he sees that Lake Hylia has ling since dried up. Maybe the Skulltula people live here in holes in the ground?
Back on topic.

Garwardon:
-Description:
Garwardon is a creature that is capable of galloping into the sky if it wants and also create small earthquakes on the ground.

-Strategy:
1st Phase:
Clawshot it to climb onto its back and dodge the stones it puts in your way to stop your speed. Ride it to the appropriate spot and crash it against that area. Do this two times.
2nd Phase:
The ground can seemingly fall out slowly beneath you while fighting it and it starts a Barinade-like swarm of dust to cover its body, which goes through a process of expanding and contracting. While, expanded, it is less dense and you must dodge obstacles to get to the center and attack it.

Just an idea. You can improve or disregard it if you want.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Boss:
Type of Creature: Evil Kirin-type thing, more inclined toward a wicked deer/antelope look.

Anyways, when Link arrives at the canyon, he sees that Lake Hylia has ling since dried up. Maybe the Skulltula people live here in holes in the ground?
Back on topic.

Garwardon:
-Description:
Garwardon is a creature that is capable of galloping into the sky if it wants and also create small earthquakes on the ground.

-Strategy:
1st Phase:
Clawshot it to climb onto its back and dodge the stones it puts in your way to stop your speed. Ride it to the appropriate spot and crash it against that area. Do this two times.
2nd Phase:
The ground can seemingly fall out slowly beneath you while fighting it and it starts a Barinade-like swarm of dust to cover its body, which goes through a process of expanding and contracting. While, expanded, it is less dense and you must dodge obstacles to get to the center and attack it.

Spire, quote it, package it, put it in the oven for 10 minutes, and send it off to the OP.

Yet another good idea, Mewter. Keep 'em coming.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Boss:

Back on topic.

Garwardon:
-Description:

-Strategy:
1st Phase:
2nd Phase:

Flawless boss battle in my mind. But... how big is it? When I imagine a Hyrule Canyon boss, I imagine something huge that can cover the length of a whole gorge.... and with four perpendicular legs. I don't know why, though... Not bad.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Boss:

Back on topic.

Garwardon:
-Description:

-Strategy:
1st Phase:
2nd Phase:

As long as I can draw it, I totally approve of this.

Keep in mind though, the very bottom of Hylia Canyon is a jungle, where the Water Temple once was. It is now the "Jungle Temple", and is probably the most tried-and-true dungeon to the series as a whole. Also, when imagining Hyrule, imagine it larger than ever, ever, ever, so Hylia Canyon is a vast expanse with towering walls. I'm going to make a map soon, encompassing all four countries.

Mewter

Smash Master
Flawless boss battle in my mind. But... how big is it? When I imagine a Hyrule Canyon boss, I imagine something huge that can cover the length of a whole gorge.... and with four perpendicular legs. I don't know why, though... Not bad.
Haha. Cool. But it can still be improved on a lot. What I wrote was more of a skeleton of a description than anything. But now that I read Spire's post about it being a jungle, I guess some stuff is going to have to change more or less.

Keep in mind though, the very bottom of Hylia Canyon is a jungle, where the Water Temple once was. It is now the "Jungle Temple", and is probably the most tried-and-true dungeon to the series as a whole. Also, when imagining Hyrule, imagine it larger than ever, ever, ever, so Hylia Canyon is a vast expanse with towering walls. I'm going to make a map soon, encompassing all four countries.
Oops, I forgot the jungle part. Well, then I guess it works out the same way. I was about to put "had long since been overgrown with foliage", but I forgot whether it really was or not, so I was lazy and didn't check for that. :laugh:

Can't wait to see that map. I might just draw up a quick paint-ish sketch of what I'm envisioning for Garwardon. Don't count on it being all polished and shiny like your portraits, though.
Heck, I can't even figure out how you made that painting texture for your pictures. That's some pretty cool stuff.

toon_marth

Smash Ace

Looking SO forward to the updated map! Can't wait to see Hyrule's fated future in all its entirety.

Also, I would like to propose that maybe the flood of Hyrule was beginning here? For example, the sea forming off the coast of Hyrule was just the starting point of the flood that we see the full effect of in Wind Waker. The only problem with this is that we have hardly discussed the era of this game at all.

edit: Well, I'm going to bed. I urge you all to do the same so you don't cut off the blood flow it requires to make these amazing ideas. Night.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Looking SO forward to the updated map! Can't wait to see Hyrule's fated future in all its entirety.

Also, I would like to propose that maybe the flood of Hyrule was beginning here? For example, the sea forming off the coast of Hyrule was just the starting point of the flood that we see the full effect of in Wind Waker. The only problem with this is that we have hardly discussed the era of this game at all.
This Legend (it's only a game if we make a game out of it) is based at least 2000 years after OoT in the child timeline. No flooding. WW occurs in the adult timeline, so that's out of the question.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Don't the Goddesses flood Hyrule because Ganon started a dark reign while Link was gone, though?

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a Zelda timeline n00b.

EDIT: Dang, Spire beat me to the punch, AND I was somewhat incorrect! :mad:

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I've completed a concept of what I think a Land Octorok should look like. I tried to keep very true to the original OoT version of an Octorok. I took a pick of the BigOcto as reference, since he is kindof crustaceany.

I also made a little baby Octorok... well... because I wanted to. Baby octoroks are easily killed with an arrow as long as it's head is open. See, it has a shell that can close on it's weak head so that it may be protected.

This weak head goes on into adulthood where the adult Octorok is heavi;y guarded all over it's body EXCEPT it's cranium. An arrow wont kill it though. Like other octoroks, you must aim it's own rock back at it. Aim carefully for the head, or else you wont do any damage.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It looks good if you ask me.

Sorry if this qualifies as a one-liner, just getting my opinion out.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that the baby Octorok has six legs. That means as it ages, it loses two legs hahaha!

I also realized that neither of them has 8 legs, which defeats the purpose of it being called an Octorok... But then again, the old octoroks only had four legs too, so maybe I didnt fail SO bad.

Mewter

Smash Master
Well, I finally finished a drawing that looks something like what I had in my head (but not quite) of the Kirin.

Critique would be welcome.

@Zaneeba, those Octoroks look awesome! I like the larger one, especially.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Great job Zaneeba and Mewter! Both drawings fully embody your styles, with yours, Mewter, being the first work of yours outside of the Pokemon sprite world that I've ever seen, yet it still feels like a large sprite. I dig.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Bahahahahaha I need to get into this wagon here.

I wanna test out my new tablet and I've got some time to kill. Are there any characters that urgently or especially need a new design per chance?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Bahahahahaha I need to get into this wagon here.

I wanna test out my new tablet and I've got some time to kill. Are there any characters that urgently or especially need a new design per chance?
Any new characters you can come up with. Read through the thread - this is based at least 2000 years after OoT.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Haha, alright. Well I just finished watching FullMetal Alchemist yesterday, so I might consider making some kind of super ultra mega GanonBot.

Edit:

*continues reading through thread*

Interesting... Ganondorf loses the triforce! I was just talking with MrEh about Tingle really being the evil mastermind behind Ganondorf and he transforms into a monster similar to Ganon in OoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom