• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
**** guys something came up gotta go meet some people. I won't be back for a while so this is just a WIP for the serpent in first form. It's not even a 1/4 done so don't be too harsh plz :3 I've only just started detail on the face. I'm pretty sure the background is going to change radically.

lol i really hate the composition.

OMG NOOOOO!

lol I'm a subconscious plagiarist! D:
He's quite reminiscent of Volvagia amirite? Gah. Too late. Oh well, let's just call him Volvagia's re-incarnation.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yay! Thats an amazing picture!

If only I could draw backgrounds, but alas, that is not my area of expertise...
That's why you draw characters and creatures - because you're so **** good at it.

Now, as for the image of Hylia Canyon. It's apparent that there actually is water, because otherwise there'd be no jungle. Just pointing that out. Also, I've begun working on my version of Mewter's Garwardon, but I'm considering moving on to draw another area of Hyrule to spark further inspiration.

EDIT: WHOA SINKINGHIGHER! I didn't know you were an artist. Man, I can't wait to see this completed. That face is insane! Is this supposed to be the Selepria Serpent? If not, I'd love to designate this as a boss form to the Deep Sea Mining Facility.

Mewter

Smash Master
Sinkinghigher! That's pretty awesome! Let's just see how it turns out when it's completed!
And is that human on the bottom Link?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
That's why you draw characters and creatures - because you're so **** good at it.

Now, as for the image of Hylia Canyon. It's apparent that there actually is water, because otherwise there'd be no jungle. Just pointing that out. Also, I've begun working on my version of Mewter's Garwardon, but I'm considering moving on to draw another area of Hyrule to spark further inspiration.

EDIT: WHOA SINKINGHIGHER! I didn't know you were an artist. Man, I can't wait to see this completed. That face is insane! Is this supposed to be the Selepria Serpent? If not, I'd love to designate this as a boss form to the Deep Sea Mining Facility.
It was originally intended to be, but now he's gonna be the boss of the dungeion after you meet the selepria seperents.

The armor comes off and he's gonna be all shiny and sparkly, kind of like the main vampire guy from Twilight when he's in sunlight.

There was a note a few pages back about needing someone to compose music. I'll see what I can do. I started a mission a while back to learn all the songs from Zelda, so that might come in handy.

Yeah it's link. I haven't decided if he's going to be blocking some kind of attack, charging an ice arrow, or unsheathing his sword.

Alright, laters.

And thanks guys.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Death Mountain froze over, so Snowpeak is hot as hell, maybe? :laugh:

I'm not quite sure on that, either, though. Will the Yeti appear?
Too obvious. I think that Snowpeak should be another hub, like Zora's Domain is now but obstacles have made people go away from it. Yetis should appear there but I think other races (Gorons, those eskimos from PH) could live there too.

@Spire & Sinking: Those pics are amazing. Your dragon should be one of the bosses Sinking.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
LOL, I was joking about the Snowpeak thing, guys. :laugh:

Moar great stuff, Spire. All of you guys blow me out of the water when it comes to artwork.

Mewter

Smash Master
I like it, Spire. It really gives me the feeling of a long, desolate ice trail when I look at it. Good job. :)

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Idea! A meuseom (how do I spell that word?) Displaying Link's items becomes an item registry after the technology shut-down. Where you get The Master Sword!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It looks a lot like the ice trail thing in Okami. I forget the given names.

Spire do you have a deviantart account or something? I wanna check out your work :)

I'll post another WIP if anyones interested. I'm about 1/2 way through.

Spire

III
BRoomer
LOL, I was joking about the Snowpeak thing, guys. :laugh:

Moar great stuff, Spire. All of you guys blow me out of the water when it comes to artwork.
I like it, Spire. It really gives me the feeling of a long, desolate ice trail when I look at it. Good job. :)
I wanted to keep it warm and inviting though, despite being frozen over. To all those that loved the warm, fiery Death Mountain, I wanted to bring a certain sorrow to that love, in that it's buried beneath the polar opposite substance. But still, it is not a horrid place. I drew this with the idea of making it somewhat romantic; bringing these two opposites together in one place, changing it indefinitely.

I also wanted to create a stimulus for the player to want to restore it to its former, fiery glory.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Idea! A meuseom (how do I spell that word?) Displaying Link's items becomes an item registry after the technology shut-down. Where you get The Master Sword!
It's "museum". I'm not quite sure about it. Anyone else?

Spire do you have a deviantart account or something? I wanna check out your work :)

I am. :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
The museum would be located in Hyrule City, and it's gone. So no. Plus, that's not an interesting way to find the Master Sword at all. For a relic that's chosen by the Goddesses to banish evil, why would it just be in a museum? I'd think that it still holds its power somehow, somewhere. Who's to say that the Master Sword will even be involved in this legend?

EDIT: Of course, this is 2000 years later. Maybe we can work this in.

You know we're interested. That's an absolute given (just don't reference Twilight again).

My deviantart account can be found here: http://spire-iii.deviantart.com/

Mewter

Smash Master
Let's see it, SinkingHigher!
The museum would be located in Hyrule City, and it's gone. So no. Plus, that's not an interesting way to find the Master Sword at all. For a relic that's chosen by the Goddesses to banish evil, why would it just be in a museum? I'd think that it still holds its power somehow, somewhere. Who's to say that the Master Sword will even be involved in this legend?

EDIT: Of course, this is 2000 years later. Maybe we can work this in.
The Master Sword has to be in! What's an epic Zelda story without the Master Sword?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord

Hm, I might have underestimated the amount of work left. Only the head is done now. The armor and "fins" are just blocked in.

I REALLY hate the background. I'll find a solution later though.

Here's a more subdued version. I think I'll go from here.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Master Sword has to be in! What's an epic Zelda story without the Master Sword?
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

@ SinkingHigher - holy mackerel! Yeah, not halfway done, but I can tell this is going to blow our roofs off. Keep loading the canon, SH!

Mewter

Smash Master
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

@ SinkingHigher - holy mackerel! Yeah, not halfway done, but I can tell this is going to blow our roofs off. Keep loading the canon, SH!
It was rhetoric! :mad: :mad: :mad:
It's pretty cool so far, SinkingHigher! The finished part looks just like a painting... :bigthumbu

Edit: What is the background?

Monster:
Wait, I have an idea for an enemy in the glass desert! They could be called "Wandering Eyes"
What they are are eyes that wander the glass desert floor/whatever. They are trapped under the glass, and are probably the lost souls of whatever. They represent the creatures trying to find their way out of the desert but never made it.
Anyways, they hurt you by shooting concentrated lasers from their eyes from under you, but they can variably move the laser from a 90 degree angle to a 70 degree angle to hit you, so you'd better watch out. For now, I have no idea how they would be destroyed.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Didn't really have a plan in mind, this was just meant to be a character plan at first.

I've decided it will be the room where the boss shows up and the screen freezes and you see his name and then the fight starts, only this time the room starts spinning and those columns that surround the ground will either destroy the surrounding walls, filling the room with water, or they'll conduct electricity somehow.

I haven't decided if this serpent is an electric type or water type yet.

I was kinda day dreaming about electric arrows, which you would get from this boss. You beat him by shooting him in the eyes with ice arrows to prevent him from using his electric laser beams. Like I said, though, I'm just doodling verbally so none of this is concrete.

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
If there is anyway to find the master sword, it should be somewhere completely out of sight and out of mind, since Hyrule has forgotten about it, along with much that made it hyrule in the first place. Perhaps it could be found in the woods or in an old graveyard. As the stone and buildings are crumbled and decaying, the Master sword stays shiny and sharp, due to it being holy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Monster:
Wait, I have an idea for an enemy in the glass desert! They could be called "Wandering Eyes"
What they are are eyes that wander the glass desert floor/whatever. They are trapped under the glass, and are probably the lost souls of whatever. They represent the creatures trying to find their way out of the desert but never made it.
Anyways, they hurt you by shooting concentrated lasers from their eyes from under you, but they can variably move the laser from a 90 degree angle to a 70 degree angle to hit you, so you'd better watch out. For now, I have no idea how they would be destroyed.
They should be undestroyable. Y'know, just an obstacle to avoid, like lasers and Wallmasters.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If there is anyway to find the master sword, it should be somewhere completely out of sight and out of mind, since Hyrule has forgotten about it, along with much that made it hyrule in the first place. Perhaps it could be found in the woods or in an old graveyard. As the stone and buildings are crumbled and decaying, the Master sword stays shiny and sharp, due to it being holy.
Precisely what I was thinking. It needs to be found somewhere reasonable, but unlike anywhere before. Perhaps the Master Sword was moved to one of the other countries actually and that is the impetus to go there.
Monster:
I like 'em. The "and are probably the lost souls of whatever," part gave me a laugh. The wording is great.

Alright, I've decided that I will do portraits of the world in the following order (hope I can stick to it):

Hylia Canyon (done)
Death Mountain (done)
Selepria
Fungal Forest
Glass Desert
Hyrule City
I'll figured the rest out later

Also, I don't think I addressed the Snowpeak Mountains. Since they border Zora's Domain, I'd assume that the closest portion also serves as a hub for Hyrule. Perhaps we can write a history of some great war that happened at one point, which cause the mountains to be a point of importance. Perhaps a town was built up there, along with numerous bunkers, settlements, camps, etc. You guys mind exploring this? I can't think much more of it.

Also, you guys can choose whether to kill off the Yetis or not.

Mewter

Smash Master
Leave the Yetis alone!
I feel like drawing/painting right now. What assignment should I take on?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You guys dish out the artwork, dont you? Dang!
Same to you. :laugh:

I can't wait to see the designs you guys have later.

Also...

MOAR IDEAZ!

I have some more ideas off the "professial thief" idea I had as a person hired by the "Evil CEO". Maybe, the CEO also makes him follow Link in secret, and when Link finds the Master Sword, the thief steals it! From this, Link not only has to chase the thief to get it back, but after the thief is caught, a boss battle occurs with him! This would probably take place in the latter half of the game, but I'm not precisely sure as to what its placement would be. As for what item(s) and weapon(s) Link should use, I'm not sure on that either.

Just throwing this out to get an opinion. I mean, I'm not even sure if we all agree on the thief being used anyway, so I'll need some feedback on that as well.

Your thoughts?

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps the Yetis go vacationing to Death Mountain? They seem like folk that would take a vacation once in a while. Once you save Death Mountain, they head back to Snow Peak. its a simple idea, but if done right, could be rather humorous.

This all feels very Fallout 3, though. An evil CEO almost reminds me of Mr.Tenpenny and Mr.Burke. The radiation and the poisoned water... everyone being dead... very Fallout-esque.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Perhaps the Yetis go vacationing to Death Mountain? They seem like folk that would take a vacation once in a while. Once you save Death Mountain, they head back to Snow Peak. its a simple idea, but if done right, could be rather humorous.
Simliar to how some Zoras are at Death Mountain in TP, some Yetis should be at Death Mountain when it's frozen. The rest should stay at Snowpeak.

btw, Yeto (or whatever his name is) should have his great-great-great-great-great-grandson be in this. Why? Cause Yeto is awesome.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have some more ideas off the "professial thief" idea I had as a person hired by the "Evil CEO". Maybe, the CEO also makes him follow Link in secret, and when Link finds the Master Sword, the thief steals it! From this, Link not only has to chase the thief to get it back, but after the thief is caught, a boss battle occurs with him! This would probably take place in the latter half of the game, but I'm not precisely sure as to what its placement would be. As for what item(s) and weapon(s) Link should use, I'm not sure on that either.

Just throwing this out to get an opinion. I mean, I'm not even sure if we all agree on the thief being used anyway, so I'll need some feedback on that as well.

Your thoughts?
I'm not feeling the thief. Meaning, I don't see any substance in him right now. I'm also not feeling the CEO (which is a stab at myself, because I too had that idea). Power-hungry CEO's are to be expected. Since we're involving three other countries, perhaps we should base a lot of the game around them also (meaning the antagonist), which means that we can cut some areas from Hyrule and focus on areas from these. Hyrule is no longer an isolated country - it has become part of a larger view of the world. Hence, many of the important aspects that have originated from Hyrule in the past now may originate from anywhere.

Also, would you guys like to completely design a new country to serve as the fifth piece?
I dig. They were created as subtle, humorous characters, so perhaps we see several of them at Death Mountain.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Then get to it ;) I'd love to see what you guys can come up with, but as always, I'll watch over and give my input here and there.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Then get to it ;) I'd love to see what you guys can come up with, but as always, I'll watch over and give my input here and there.
Well I have 2 ideas that I've quickly thought of:

1. A place that you'd expect from any LoZ game. Of course this idea develops, there would be other things.

2. A place that has subtle references to Nintendo's other franchises. These range from characters, items, possible dungeons and whatnot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well I have 2 ideas that I've quickly thought of:

1. A place that you'd expect from any LoZ game. Of course this idea develops, there would be other things.

2. A place that has subtle references to Nintendo's other franchises. These range from characters, items, possible dungeons and whatnot.
How about a country that's "not just another country" like the other four? One that serves kind of as an antithesis; one that might be home to the antagonist. A country that does not sport many different environments, but rather one or two max. One that is smaller, but very personalized.

Oh, and please no "evil dark fire lands". That's generic, cliché bull****.

What if it's a country far older than any of the others, as old as the Oocca, if not older? One that is home to one (maybe two) new races. Just ideeeeas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom