• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 2: Gboro NC, Melee/Brawl(July 25th-26th) M2K CONFIRMED!!! *NEW VENUE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GofG

Smash Champion
offering free housing in a bed in a hotel room at the venue to anyone who has placed in a tournament before and will be my doubles partner

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
I guess if people want 2 come up 2moro... yall can crash @ my place... my family is going out of town... but yall have 2 crash in the living room...

only bad thing... i dont have a wii... my friend has it... so i only have melee...

as for a partner... I guess... i'll be teaming up with Behr... not sure yet... he asked me 2day... but i guess i'll find out 2moro... if not... then Nebs... let's team it up... falco and fox is who i use... I think i played u in a friendly @ the ASU tourney

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Do you mind Cider?

5% alcohol content, decent. They're delicious.

Edit: Amber Draft and Green Apple draft. There's also a Raspberry Amber draft, but that tends to be a bit on the feminine side. lol.

tidE: I love green greens just before I go into work.

I don't do the flavored stuff. But, we can have a middle ground. I'll try and find a microbrew with similar AC, and we can just pour that into our respective cups, so we'd both be drinking what we <3. Deal?

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
Probably the dumbest question I've eeeever asked in my ENTIRE life, but are you guys doing Melee friendlies on Sunday? I want to bust out the ol' Roy, dammit! ;_;

BEHR

Smash Hero
I guess if people want 2 come up 2moro... yall can crash @ my place... my family is going out of town... but yall have 2 crash in the living room...

only bad thing... i dont have a wii... my friend has it... so i only have melee...

as for a partner... I guess... i'll be teaming up with Behr... not sure yet... he asked me 2day... but i guess i'll find out 2moro... if not... then Nebs... let's team it up... falco and fox is who i use... I think i played u in a friendly @ the ASU tourney
I asked you to team?

im teaming with mike sorry bro. ): (Melee)

Wait for brawl?

Edit: RTF Yes.

and smith you dont place lol you got last at stongers i heard.

No high johns

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
that's fine with me bro... if Dama doesn't come up 2moro then I guess i'll just play singles then... as for the new york crew... if they hit me up... sure they can stay @ my place... just have 2 make my family get some food... or whatever...

and they have 2 bring their own wii if they wanna play braw... and more controllers... which im sure everybody know it's byoc

well we got spagetti and chicken... lol... pure *****h's

BEHR

Smash Hero
Nah my sig is Me,Mike, and Jim

Im the one with the white hat.

Mike is the one winking

and Jim is the other guy.

So Many NC Legends are going to be here.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ace: It's about 4-6 hours for us. lol And that's just an estimate from Mapquest. We're praying since we're leaving so early that they're no traffic. Then we hope our GPS's don't **** us over lol.

Either way you'll definitely see me sometime in NC. Especially if there are more Melee tourneys floating around! ;D

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Ace: It's about 4-6 hours for us. lol And that's just an estimate from Mapquest. We're praying since we're leaving so early that they're no traffic. Then we hope our GPS's don't **** us over lol.

Either way you'll definitely see me sometime in NC. Especially if there are more Melee tourneys floating around! ;D
He's challenging you ~Ace~ -- real incognito man :chuckle: lulz

BTW: Mapquest is pretty accurate...but it assumes no real traffic :chuckle:

Foxy

Smash Master
Poor Lucas.

He has Josh Syndrome.

Josh and Lucas are actually both better at Melee than me, lolz, but they just can't win tourney matches. Somehow I do.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Iceys are gay lol

anyways Im housing Chops,PB&J,Soft, and Full metal again. :'D

PB&J if you see this call me before you leave.

Come Friday night i have to clean the room you guys are staying in.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
idk why wobbling is banned either. stupid rule.

btw guys dont forget to add rules for suicide kills in. (ie. the one that starts the suicide kill gets the win)

Foxy

Smash Master
Just throwing this information out there and quoting the important stuff. If we do keep wobbling banned it sort of shows that NC is a dumb region... and just because you can't beat Iceys doesn't mean they're that good or gay even with wobbling, BEHR.

SBR Reccommended Ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137382

Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match

Genesis Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

Wobbling is NOT banned

Genesis Rule Discussion: http://norcalsmash.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30&sid=db40a7b77db5f700aa538f7f8c1813a3

Yes votes were from the scrubs.

Also think about it this way:

How much better are the IC's when they have wobbling? Are they better than Sheik, Fox, Marth, Falco, etc.? No, they aren't. Why take away from a character that's already not very good?
Let's say that wobbling is so good that the ICs are now a top 3 character (it's not). If they still aren't the best, much less clearly the best (overcentralization), it's not broken

Assume that we have a pre-existing notion that Fox using his up-throw is 'bannable'. Take it away, and he's still far from the worst in the game; he's probably still top 5-10 easily (which is incidentally where ICs currently stand...). Now, we have an argument about whether to legalize fox's u-throw; sure, it makes him better, but does it make him TOO GOOD? (note: not "TOO MUCH BETTER", "TOO GOOD" period) There's nothing wrong with a technique that makes a character significantly better, as long as it doesn't break the rest of the game.

The biggest difference is simply that wobbling is slow and boring. If it were fast and flashy, like maybe some sort of cool guaranteed throw => stomp => stomp => knee combo that falcon would have (note: this clearly doesn't exist, but it would also clearly look much cooler ), then there wouldn't be anywhere near the uproar. The "losing control of your character" angle is so overplayed; you lose it for 1-stock tops (generally, less than half a stock if you aren't a CG-able character) if they aren't stalling with it. On that note, I think stalling with wobbling is something that can/should be addressed separately
Also, please note that the MOST a single wobble can do is ONE STOCK OUT OF FOUR. If this were another fighting game, that's like, 25% (even though 1 stock is not necessarily that much, like say if you were at >100% when it happened) which isn't that much of a stretch for some infinites (that I know of, I'm not an expert on any other games but smash). Also, that's 25% of ONE GAME out of THREE OR FIVE.

It's really not as broken as people make it out to be, and I wish people would stop banning things like this that are really no more broken than Sheik's down-throw.
There is no proof it is broken.

This technique isn't new yet it hasn't caused anyone to win a major tournament [AFAIK]. The most dramatic example is Wobbles at SCC where he got 5th.

It's stupid that it ever was banned.
At a the competitive level with high level players, it only gets more and more difficult for ICs to be able to set up a wobble because of all the conditions listed prior and the fact that both players know about it so the non-IC player will be looking out for it as well.
wobbling will be legal, since there's been literally less than one post that made any sort of valid point against it

BEHR

Smash Hero
Foxy I dont give a **** tell that to Charlie if you want I dont care if its banned

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
FOR ANYONE STILL LOOKING FOR A HOTEL ROOM

so according the receptionist who is working right now [like..RIGHT now], they have no more DOUBLE beds available for the discount. I lied and said the room was just for me and she was basically like "good cuz all we have is king sized single beds for the discounted rate"

so if you need a room and don't mind the floor or sleeping with squeezed-in bros on the bed, then just lie and say you're one person and when she says "king bed for 59.99" you say "word"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom