• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Xace: Well, 1) I would think that if this were a real game, it would be on a more advanced system than the N64, which means more room for songs, and 2) Are we going to need to learn a song for every temple like we did in OoT?

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
We could have summoning songs that summon certain things... like the sun song summons the day and the song of storms summons the rain.

Perhaps the Trio teaches you the Song of Spirits, in which you summon a poe?... I dont know why... maybe to help you get through a certain Maze or a temple? Or maybe it could be like the Ooca's where you play the song and a poe sits down at the door of the temple. You play the song again and then another Poe will take you back to the beginning of the temple.

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
Maybe you play the song and you take control of the poe. Like you take control of a cukoo if you hit it enough in TP? In case there are walls you can't go through perhaps.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
We DEFINITELY need some kind of instrument. Music is a HUUGGGEEEE part of the Zelda franchise.

I'll do some stylized concept sketches of some instruments but were you guys looking for a classical existing instrument or something "futuristic"?

I kinda want him to have a violin.

Maybe in this game the instrument will have a life of it's own, and it will be the one that guides you and plays itself. Something like Navi or Midna, only an instrument.

rofl we could always give him an iphone with some music apps.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Wait, it seems that there's some confusion going on here. Spire said that the Ocarina was appearing, and that would be enough, but more instruments...

:urg:Ugh, I'm not sure...

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
What of other creature's? Usually gorons and zoras have them too. Maybe there could be a goron that played the tuba or something like it. Perhaps the goron that made the machine?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Maybe certain instruments for certain songs/places? I'm still not sure we need more than the Ocarina as a requirement, though...

EDIT: Wait, why do we need an instrument at all!?

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
Well there has been in every game yet... So I think they should be there.

They don't have to be of course. It just makes things harder.

Then again it would be cool to have different instruments for different songs.
Perhaps certain ones that could bring you things like the power to control things like monsters. Or powerful allies for a limited time

Mewter

Smash Master
Ideas!

Monster:
Quest:
Weapon/Item:
Something about the storyline:
Minigame:

Errant's Mask:
I have an idea! What if just somehow, when the Errant leaves or dies, he leaves Link his mask, which he can put on to temporarily...?
It could possibly have the powers of the Lens of Truth. I have absolutely no idea what it could do. Would you like to improve on it, maybe? :)

Snareshot:
This is an even more advanced Clawshot, nineteen hundred years in the making.
The snare shot can shoot just a little farther than the Clawshot (the most physically possible at that velocity without a deviation). When out, the steel-hard but flexible material can be used to strike at enemies and used as a lasso.

The Snareshot utilizes a powerful spring loaded/coiled cord technology, kind of like the Hookshot and Clawshot. Along the end of (especially at the end of) the Snareshot is a set of barbs that allow more effective grappling.

It can be used as a lasso or the like after it is out to yank enemies toward you, simply because the technology of the material is extremely strong and flexible, allowing for lots of movement. Link, being the expert he is, can avoid tangling it up.

Velocity Snareshot:
This Snareshot goes 1.5 times as far as the normal Snareshot, using controlled explosives to fire. It uses up a bomb every time you fire.

The Velocity Snareshot uses controlled bomb explosions in a chamber to propel the chain as in such a way a bullet is fired from a gun. The pressure of the explosion forcefully shoots the Snareshot "chain" outward at a higher speed, without losing its velocity as quickly and slowing down/going off course because of the loss of speed.

Wandering Eyes:
Spire, you need to add these to the bestiary, found here.

Kami Keese:
These Keese are white Keese that explode on contact with Link, damaging him and removing one heart. They are more commonly found at Snowpeak. These Keese are very keen, being able to see through the snow and blizzards at Snowpeak. Individual Kami Keese will sacrifice themselves for their families.

Counting the Time:
Yup, the time/clock guy from Majora's Mask is back! Basically, you pay him 10 rupees to participate in the game, and he'll ask you to count for a number of seconds and press a button at that exact second(ex: He tells you to press A after 60 seconds and he counts for 5 seconds to give you a rhythm). If you get it right, you get a heart piece.

Labrynna Delivery!:
Basically, you delivers an important cargo of foods/seeds from Hyrule to Labrynna. However, you must get it there within a set time limit, using a rented horse. After delivering the unspoiled goods, you are told to ride back to Hyrule with a wagon full of rupees and a component of a machine that cleans the water.
After you gets back to Hyrule and deliver those, you learn from the owner of the horse that the horse seems to like you. Congraulations! You now have access to Epona, as well as Epona's song!

Storyline:
Spire, aren't the Gerudos long extinct?
Also, did the Zoras really evolve, or were they actually changed by the goddesses?

Mewter

Smash Master
Epona? Epona himself's been dead for 2000 years! so i say be creative and come up with a new namel
Does it really matter? You get the gist! :mad:
Just kidding. :laugh:

No, but really. It's also herself.

Edit:
Remember, the horse was nameable in TP.

Edit2:
That is, if I remember correctly.

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
true, but so was link! The horse always looked the same so it's still epona.

oops! sorry! i forgot! if you can restrain... don't report me... please?

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
i tried to quote! alright band me and get it over with...:(

c'mon just do it... i deserve it...

well i didn't mean to...

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
Anyways, i like the the snareshot idea. Perhaps it should also be able to pull heavy things off ledges. Say there is a large monster blocking a door and you pull a large rock off a ledge and knock it out. Or maybe there's a crack in the floor and you pull it down and the floor breaks to a secret passage.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes, I think that is one of the ideas already, PennyWise. At least the "pull things off ledges" thing.

I noticed that Moblins are in the Oracle games. Should we have a Moblin village?

And no triple posting!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Ideas!

Monster:
Quest:
Weapon/Item:
Something about the storyline:
Minigame:

Errant's Mask:
I have an idea! What if just somehow, when the Errant leaves or dies, he leaves Link his mask, which he can put on to temporarily transform into the Errant? Just a gimmick, maybe?

Snareshot:
This is an even more advanced clawshot, nineteen hundred years in the making.
The snare shot can shoot just a little farther than the Clawshot (the most physically possible at that velocity without a deviation). When out, the chain can be used to strike at enemies and as a lasso.

Velocity Snareshot:
This Snareshot goes 1.5 times as far as the normal Snareshot, using controlled explosives to fire. It uses up a bomb every time you fire.

Wandering Eyes:
Spire, you need to add these to the bestiary, found here.

Kami Keese:
These Keese are white Keese that explode on contact with Link, damaging him and removing one heart. They are more commonly found at Snowpeak. These Keese are very keen, being able to see through the snow and blizzards at Snowpeak. Individual Kami Keese will sacrifice themselves for their families.

Counting the Time:
Yup, the time/clock guy from Majora's Mask is back! Basically, you pay him 10 rupees to participate in the game, and he'll ask you to count for a number of seconds and press a button at that exact second(ex: He tells you to press A after 60 seconds and he counts for 5 seconds to give you a rhythm). If you get it right, you get a heart piece.

Labrynna Delivery!:
Basically, you delivers an important cargo of foods/seeds from Hyrule to Labrynna. However, you must get it there within a set time limit, using a rented horse. After delivering the unspoiled goods, you are told to ride back to Hyrule with a wagon full of rupees and a component of a machine that cleans the water.
After you gets back to Hyrule and deliver those, you learn from the owner of the horse that the horse seems to like you. Congraulations! You now have access to Epona, as well as Epona's song!

Storyline:
Spire, aren't the Gerudos long extinct?
Also, did the Zoras really evolve, or were they actually changed by the goddesses?
I liek these ideas also! :bee:

Okay, this is the third time I've brought this up, it was ignored twice. :laugh: What if the Firece Deity from Majora's Mask played some sort of role? Maybe he could be some sort of antagonist?

EDIT: Yes, Pennywise, I apologize if I sound rude, but this isn't the first time you've double-- no, TRIPLE--posted, and you've been warned as well.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Combobreaker. Please only post here if you have something to help with the project
The same goes to you. You have a tendency to post joking one-liners that don't progress the project at all.

i tried to quote! alright band me and get it over with...:(

c'mon just do it... i deserve it...

well i didn't mean to...
If I had the power, I would.

I liek these ideas also! :bee:

Okay, this is the third time I've brought this up, it was ignored twice. :laugh: What if the Firece Deity from Majora's Mask played some sort of role? Maybe he could be some sort of antagonist?
No, there are certain things that we should keep entirely relative to their original game only. Fierce Deity and Majora should never resurface in a game unless it was based in Termina.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
No, there are certain things that we should keep entirely relative to their original game only. Fierce Deity and Majora should never resurface in a game unless it was based in Termina.
I guess so. :ohwell:

Also, on my idea of the quest that the Poe trio gives you, maybe you HAVE to meet them, and maybe the item they give you HAS to be used in the next temple. That way, the song has more purpose than just being used for a sidequest.

PennyWisetheClown

Smash Rookie
yes... uh... I QUIT! YOU ALL CAN HANG BY YOUR CROTCHES FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR ALL I CARE YOU BUNCH OF LOUSY SLACKERS!!!

Mewter

Smash Master
yes... uh... I QUIT! YOU ALL CAN HANG BY YOUR CROTCHES FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR ALL I CARE YOU BUNCH OF LOUSY SLACKERS!!!
The internet is serious business, PennyWise.
I don't seem to remember anyone being especially mean to you, either. All there was were the occasional warnings. Spire even gave warnings to other people, too.

Unless you're a troll. If you are, then GOOD DAY SIR! :upsidedown:

Also, any more posts like this, I'm completely ignoring, as to not clutter the thread.
Rawrg.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yes, please.

I might try to come up with a boss for the Fungal Forest Temple. Maybe I'll even make some concept art, as bad an artist as I am. :p
A description and a general sketch will potentially get you a fitting remake by any of the artists in this thread.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Do you realize how enormous 280 km x 201 km is? Also, a plus-sign shaped landmass? I thought Dee Ess island was bad enough.

This idea is inherently pointless because the Labrynnians are at peace. They would not need to form a new country. Scott's post about Labrynna should be taken as "project canon". It's absolutely flawless.
Sorry 'bout that. I've been screwing up right and left today. Oh well.... I should stop trying to butt in where I don't belong. :embarrass

I'm trying to think of these new and innovative things but I come out with these monstrously stupid ideas because I fail to see the big picture. I am ashamed of myself. Ignore my posts on locations if you want from now on. But that was harsh. ouchiez. :lick:

edit: wtf with pennywise?

edit edit: Well I suck at locations, but I might try to make an item. Do we already have Link's armor planned out?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sorry 'bout that. I've been screwing up right and left today. Oh well.... I should stop trying to butt in where I don't belong. :embarrass

I'm trying to think of these new and innovative things but I come out with these monstrously stupid ideas because I fail to see the big picture. I am ashamed of myself. Ignore my posts on locations if you want from now on. But that was harsh. ouchiez. :lick:

edit: wtf with pennywise?

edit edit: Well I suck at locations, but I might try to make an item. Do we already have Link's armor planned out?
Don't beat yourself up ;) I understand that it can be difficult to keep up with all of this, but I've been a bit off today because of the great amounts of spam in this project thread. I apologize for coming off with such a brash attitude.

But work on smaller things than much larger scale tasks. They're much more likely to get in and yes, they are a necessity too.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Don't beat yourself up ;) I understand that it can be difficult to keep up with all of this, but I've been a bit off today because of the great amounts of spam in this project thread. I apologize for coming off with such a brash attitude.

But work on smaller things than much larger scale tasks. They're much more likely to get in and yes, they are a necessity too.
I appreciate your apology and I accept. I just wish I was good enough to make something large-scale that we could call flawless *envious of Scott!*. But anyway, you're right, I'll keep myself busy with the small stuff till a genius thing pops into my head.

Anyway, I'll start on ideas for Link's tunics/armor right away, and I wish I had a pad to draw them with, cause I can draw okay, but I suck with using a mouse, and even worse with my Mac's trackpad. I'd like Spire or Zaneeba to draw them once I finish the descriptions.

edit: tunics, tunics, tunics!

Tunic 1: Green tunic. No description. Do I need to?
Tunic 2: Dark green tunic: fungal mask tunic. This tunic is made of material impenetrable to airborne substances. It was made by a team of adventurous people who call themselves The Beacon, who attempt to clean up Hyrule. These people made this tunic with a pull-up mask for protecting the face from the harmful fungus of the Fungal Forest, made with the sole intent of "cleaning up" the forest by defeating the fungal beasts that live there. The tunic is an evergreen color, so as to camouflage the wearer from any unwary beasts. More on The Beacon later.

That's all for now. I'm going to bed.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Just finished catching up for the day. Glad to see my post was taken so well. I was hoping to add some more stuff today, but a birthday event (not mine) and illness have kept me from work. I'm thinking about the geography of Labrynna currently. It showed big changes in just 400 years, with the diversion of a river from east to west. I'm pondering how else it would have changed, since I clearly have that river in the west, going by my description of Symmetry City.

@Toon_Marth: Don't be discouraged from attempting something because you don't think your ideas are good enough. I'm not saying to throw ideas out willy-nilly without thinking them through, but if you've got an idea, think it through and flesh it out. Also, while small things are just as important, don't be discouraged from trying big things if you have an idea. Honestly, when I started thinking about Labrynna, I did not intend to write a quarter of what ended up in my big post. I started from a few central ideas with what we know, like Ambi and the tower. And, of what I wrote, almost all of it was rewritten once or twice completely. I'm also not much of a writer, and a pretty terrible artist. I'm bad at creating people, but I like creating worlds. Figure out what you like imagining, and start from there.

If this doesn't all make sense, well, I'm sick, so go easy on me.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
'Tis true. I've racked my brain to come up with ideas. It's better to just go with the flow, maaaaan. And then clear your mind and draw out an intelligent, full idea. Pretty simple, really. :)

Oh, great, I feel like a hypocrite now.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Errant's Mask:
I have an idea! What if just somehow, when the Errant leaves or dies, he leaves Link his mask, which he can put on to temporarily transform into the Errant? Just a gimmick, maybe?
So, what's the use of this item? You turn into the Errant and then what? Alsof, if it's a gimmick, why would such an important character as the Errant 'forget' to take his mask? I'd like a bit more information about this item.

Snareshot:
This is an even more advanced clawshot, nineteen hundred years in the making.
The snare shot can shoot just a little farther than the Clawshot (the most physically possible at that velocity without a deviation). When out, the chain can be used to strike at enemies and as a lasso.

Velocity Snareshot:
I don't really understand these items, could you help me out a little? To me, the Snareshot is like a huge chain-like rope. But how exactly would you shoot it out? And how does the Velocity Snareshot utilize explosives; I can't really imagine a lasso combined with a bomb

Counting the Time:
Ah man, I loved this game in Majora's Mask:)

toon_marth said:
Tunic 2: Dark green tunic: fungal mask tunic. This tunic is made of material impenetrable to airborne substances. It was made by a team of adventurous people who call themselves The Beacon, who attempt to clean up Hyrule. These people made this tunic with a pull-up mask for protecting the face from the harmful fungus of the Fungal Forest, made with the sole intent of "cleaning up" the forest by defeating the fungal beasts that live there. The tunic is an evergreen color, so as to camouflage the wearer from any unwary beasts. More on The Beacon later.
Hehe, sounds good to me, I see Link walking around in some kind of Enviromental Suit.
Clownbot said:
It's better to just go with the flow, maaaaan. And then clear your mind and draw out an intelligent, full idea. Pretty simple, really.
Hehe, I got like 4 windows open, all of them with a different page of this thread:laugh: Makes it easy to look stuff up that has already been said but hasn't been posted at the OP.

Oh and PennyWise, good night, sweet prince.

Mewter

Smash Master
so, What's The Use Of This Item? You Turn Into The Errant And Then What? Alsof, If It's A Gimmick, Why Would Such An Important Character As The Errant 'forget' To Take His Mask? I'd Like A Bit More Information About This Item.
I said "leaves", not "forget". I meant the Errant gives Link his mask because he doesn't need it anymore for any reason.
It could possibly have the powers of the Lens of Truth. I have absolutely no idea what it could do. Would you like to improve on it, maybe? :)

I Don't Really Understand These Items, Could You Help Me Out A Little? To Me, The Snareshot Is Like A Huge Chain-like Rope. But How Exactly Would You Shoot It Out? And How Does The Velocity Snareshot Utilize Explosives; I Can't Really Imagine A Lasso Combined With A Bomb
Sorry, my mistake. The Snareshot utilizes a powerful spring loaded/coiled chain technology, just like the Hookshot and Clawshot. I should have also added that the along the end of (especially at the end of) the Snareshot is a set of barbs that allow more effective grappling.

The Velocity Snareshot uses controlled bomb explosions in a chamber to propel the chain as in such a way a bullet is fired from a gun. The pressure of the explosion forcefully shoots the Snareshot chain outward at a higher speed, without losing its velocity as quickly and slowing down/going off course because of the loss of speed.

The Snareshot can be used as a lasso or the like after it is out to yank enemies toward him, simply because the technology of the steel chain is extremely strong and flexible, allowing for lots of movement. Link, being the expert he is, can avoid tangling it up.

I'll try to draw it.

Ah Man, I Loved This Game In Majora's Mask:)
Me too. :laugh:

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone. I was having an off day yesterday. Time for round two.

Continuing last post:
Tunic 3: Black/Dark Blue tunic: Pressure relief tunic: This tunic is given to Link by the Zoras who want link to go to the underwater mining facility to rid the Selepria Sea of harmful oil toxins. In order for Link to breath underwater, it is equipped with an oxygen helmet, of course, but also is lined with a special type of metal which makes this tunic resistant to great pressure build up while scouring the ocean floor for the hidden abandoned mining facility. It also has a headlight on the helmet which pierces through the infinite darkness of the seabed. Never wear this tunic on land for too long, though, especially where there are enemies: it slows down Link's actions above water, so be careful.

Tunic 4: Red tunic: broken heat generating suit: Meh, you get the gist. It's made by Gor Akua, and Link finds it in the Destroyed Reactor dungeon, bewildered with what to do with it, as temperatures are freezing on Death Mountain. But Gor Akua is not an idiot. He made this tunic to be versatile. It blocks heat out in extremely hot temperatures, and traps heat in during extremely cold conditions. However, Link must find heat vents along his way in the Destroyed Reactor dungeon, as the tunic cannot produce its own heat. This tunic can be fixed via sidequest to enable it to generate its own heat so no more vent-hopping. This tunic is utterly useless in normal conditions, and the fair temperatures cancel each function out, so use this if you're sick of green and want a color change.

Tunic 5 (optional): Golden tunic: all purpose, dark magic resistant: This tunic shines bright with a radiant light like no other. It cuts dark magic damage in half, and cut normal damage down to 2/3 original damage, and who needs a lantern when your clothes are glowing? Swim with it, swim through lava with it, walk around in it, strut your stuff in it. Do whatever in this all-purpose tunic (dang I sound like the Billy Mays of the Zelda World, don't I?). This tunic was created and designed by the goddesses themselves and Link can only obtain this oh-so-wonderful (stealin lines from Clownbot) tunic by undergoing The Path of the Hero side dungeon. Is this stylish piece of clothing really worth it? Attempt the dungeon and find out for yourself! *additional service fees apply, offer not available Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Guam, cup holders cost an extra 50 rupees for installation*

That's it for the time being... time to think of a purpose for The Beacon.... if I'm gonna use that name at all.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Toon_Marth: I know, I just know that there will be tunic 3 challenges, where you have to finish the whole gme after getting it wearing the pressure suit, just because it'll make things so much harder.

Also, I really like the red one. Since very cold temperatures can burn you just like heat, it protects from burns from both extremes. Might I suggest that, instead of it being an upgrade, that the heat-generation be standard in the suit, but broken? That seems like too important a function to leave out of the design.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
@Toon_Marth: I know, I just know that there will be tunic 3 challenges, where you have to finish the whole gme after getting it wearing the pressure suit, just because it'll make things so much harder.

Also, I really like the red one. Since very cold temperatures can burn you just like heat, it protects from burns from both extremes. Might I suggest that, instead of it being an upgrade, that the heat-generation be standard in the suit, but broken? That seems like too important a function to leave out of the design.
Quite right. Why would a place be so advanced and not have that standard? Renamed to Red tunic: broken heat generating suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom