• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I might make some monsters for the glass temple since it seems to be the topic of conversation this evening.
That's glass chasm to you, good sir. ;)

It just sounds more epic, that's all.

Do you take requests? I have a Desert Worm, and maybe a "revamped" version of a Lizalfos, if you're up for it. It's entirely fine if you're not, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Good idea. Maybe the dark link in my version can be something that ganon uses in hyrule field to try and kill you on your way to the finale? As in, you fight all the dark links on horseback and then do the big dark link finale right before you get to your destination/the giant mirror. It would be pretty cool.

He may have stolen the magic/technology to create the dopplegangers from Nihal.
I don't know. The whole final battle needs to feel relevant and not done before in a similar fashion. This is a totally different Hyrule, and Dark Link being in the Glass Chasm is more of a cameo than a big role. I can tell you right now that I'm not a fan of "darkside" characters in general, but he has been a part of the series since the second installment, so I owe respect to the character regardless of my feelings for his kind.

I'll explain my first idea of the final setup:

Link and The Errant discover the Ocarina of Time beneath the Hyrule City Ruins and use it to travel back 200 years to the day that Hyrule was invaded by the swarm of whatever insect species (we need to design them). They are amid the thriving Hyrule City, walking the streets when hundreds of windows from far above can be heard shattering. They look up to see countless insects propelling themselves into buildings, quickly devouring them. The two run for cover, through a building and out the other side. Together, they must fend off against a number of these insects (who again, aren't interested in killing people, but aren't pacifistic either). The Hyrule Army responds with loads of gunfire, effectively damaging a great number of buildings before the attack is called off by Queen Zelda (you hear a general shouting the order to his troops to flee the city). And so Hyrule has fallen. There's absolutely nothing the two heroes can do. They see a number of enormous insects (simply much larger brethren) join the feast, and so The Errant plays the Ocarina one last time to warp he and Link back to the current time, but they are separated: Link arrives in the proper time, but the Errant is sent back with the Ocarina to his time.

Link gathers himself in the same place beneath the Hyrule City ruins to only be greeted by none other than Ganondorf. They ensue battle amid a number of these insects, which eventually leads onto the backs of two of the larger species, and so the battle takes to the skies, soaring over the entire country. Link must shoot at Ganondorf with his bow, and use the hookshot to drag the other flying bug closer so he can lash at Ganondorf with his sword. Eventually, depending on whether or not Link or Ganondorf has delt more damage, one of the insects will tire and crash down in the Death Moutain Crater, plummeting through the remains of the Frozen Reactor (where it is unfortunately impaled, torn, and utterly destroyed by the scrap metal) and either Link or Ganondorf end up lying on a sheet of ice above the seemingly bottomless pit. The victor of that round will cinematically dive down to attack the downed opponent. At this point, you would have the ability to button-dodge the strike if you crashed. Otherwise, you'd have the ability to deal a great hit to Ganondorf. The final battle ensues, and ends when Ganondorf falls through the ice. The end; tired of typing.

Now that I've written that out, I don't know if I really like the idea, but it's better than scrapping it all and not releasing anything. Hope it'll serve as a source of inspiration, if nothing more.

EDIT: As for my username's origin and meaning... I'm not going to release that. I have you know that it's not borrowed or taken from anything else though.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Aren't we all? Except for Spire. He's some kind of Zelda master computer. :colorful:

edit: Wow, quite impressive, Spire. That was very cinematic, despite being in words. I might post something like that but I'm a bit distracted at the moment. My brother is playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. No way I'm gonna post anything endgame with THAT drive me nuts.

edit dos: Level 2 sword: Beam Slasher: The beam slasher is an upgrade of the tech sword. Take it to Pola (scientist in The Beacon) and she immediately knows this dated sword is in need of an upgrade. The brand new Beam Slasher is equipped with a powerful laser aura, and when Link activates this aura with a button, the blade begins to emit a bluish-white light. It is about 1.5x stronger than the Tech Sword. Of course, Pola takes her time on her projects, so there is a small gap of time where Link is without a sword. There are several side quests available only during this time lapse.

Important Protagonist Group: The Beacon: The Beacon was found recently by Ulsa Ikorma, a former knight of Hyrule. He founded it for one purpose and one purpose only: to save what's left of Hyrule. He has recruited a motley crew of Hylians of all different races and skills, and has launched several projects to clean up Hyrule. The name "The Beacon" is simple, really. Ulsa, wanted to make this group a beacon; a shining light for the rest of Hyrule.

Ugh, I don't wanna type any more. *yawns*

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because we were on the subject, I'll draw the Glass Desert next, and probably the Glass Chasm (first dungeon drawing, hoorah!).

I hope the drawings so far have helped you guys envision those parts of the world. I truly want to get one landscape portrait done for every worldly location and dungeon eventually so that we can all visualize our Hyrule.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Man, I just cant bring myself to draw humanoid characters no matter HOW hard I try! I slopped through this buggar and it really isnt my best work. It makes me sad too, because I liked the idea of it and I really wanted to do it justice, but I got SO DANG SICK of drawing it! I might work on it more once I quit being an a**.

Anyways, here is a picture of what I think should make it's way in the glass temple thing (forgot the name you guys like):

This is a crappy picture of a MIRROR WIZZROBE (I like adding my twist to the old Zelda classics.) and his power is to reflect the sun that magnifies through the glass and harness it as a big painful sun beam! To beat him takes good accuracy, for his face is his weakness. I added some Gerudo signs to him to make him fit into the desert more... Too bad I was too lazy to draw him good... I hate myself sometimes.

Mewter

Smash Master
Man, I just cant bring myself to draw humanoid characters no matter HOW hard I try! I slopped through this buggar and it really isnt my best work. It makes me sad too, because I liked the idea of it and I really wanted to do it justice, but I got SO DANG SICK of drawing it! I might work on it more once I quit being an a**.

Anyways, here is a picture of what I think should make it's way in the glass temple thing (forgot the name you guys like): GLASS CHASM!!!!!

LOL. "He has another hand, but I am lazy." :laugh:
I've got to hand it to you. He looks pretty good, except for a couple of minor things.

edit dos: Level 2 sword: Beam Slasher: The beam slasher is an upgrade of the tech sword. Take it to Pola (scientist in The Beacon) and she immediately knows this dated sword is in need of an upgrade. The brand new Beam Slasher is equipped with a powerful laser aura, and when Link activates this aura with a button, the blade begins to emit a bluish-white light. It is about 1.5x stronger than the Tech Sword. Of course, Pola takes her time on her projects, so there is a small gap of time where Link is without a sword. There are several side quests available only during this time lapse.

Important Protagonist Group: The Beacon: The Beacon was found recently by Ulsa Ikorma, a former knight of Hyrule. He founded it for one purpose and one purpose only: to save what's left of Hyrule. He has recruited a motley crew of Hylians of all different races and skills, and has launched several projects to clean up Hyrule. The name "The Beacon" is simple, really. Ulsa, wanted to make this group a beacon; a shining light for the rest of Hyrule.
\
Both of the ideas sound good!
But how does Pola have that kind of technology?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
LOL. "He has another hand, but I am lazy." :laugh:
I've got to hand it to you. He looks pretty good, except for a couple of minor things.

Both of the ideas sound good!
But how does Pola have that kind of technology?
She makes monthly trips to a junk site outside of Castle Town and builds it from scratch. She is quite dedicated to her works.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Sorry. I know it was hard to tell from my crappy incoherent post. It's restoration society with a leader who has unrealistic goals.
Kind of like from Kingdom Hearts 2 with the Hollow Bastion thing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can change the name if you need something more epic.

OhGodone-linerpleasedon'thurtme!
No, The Beacon is absolutely perfect. I love the word as it is, and your description and application of it to the group that it represents is very well designed. I'm excited to learn more about them, but to stay within the series, try basing it more off of Telma's resistance group from TP than KH, okay? Other than that, you have my stamp of super-approval.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
No, The Beacon is absolutely perfect. I love the word as it is, and your description and application of it to the group that it represents is very well designed. I'm excited to learn more about them, but to stay within the series, try basing it more off of Telma's resistance group from TP than KH, okay? Other than that, you have my stamp of super-approval.
Oh yes, when I referenced to KH it had no influence in the design. Definitely far more heavily based on Telma's Bar Resistance thingamajig.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
But what's the point of the Beacon? Do they actually manage to accomplish anything?

Oh God yes, give it a better freaking name!

EDIT: I think Mirror Wizzrobe needs a new design... with a left hand.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
But what's the point of the Beacon? Do they actually manage to accomplish anything?

Oh God yes, give it a better freaking name!
Spire's stamp of super approval= I'm not changing anything, you fiend. :chuckle: And yes, they end up saving the world and little forest animals sing harmony and dance, etc, etc. JK

But be greatful-- they give you the friggin Bio Tunic! :mad:

Mewter

Smash Master
Spire's stamp of super approval= I'm not changing anything, you fiend. :chuckle: And yes, they end up saving the world and little forest animals sing harmony and dance, etc, etc. JK

Let's just hope they don't fall under the influence of The Sonic Effect. Please, none of that.

Fine Print:
As tempting as it may be, do not fall under the influence of the Sonic Effect.
Pokemon seems to have gotten a little too close for my liking (Space, Time, Dimensions, Deities).
I'm looking at you, Sonic the Hedgehog (360)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Let's just hope they don't fall under the influence of The Sonic Effect. Please, none of that.

Fine Print:
As tempting as it may be, do not fall under the influence of the Sonic Effect.
Pokemon seems to have gotten a little too close for my liking (Space, Time, Dimensions, Deities).
I'm looking at you, Sonic the Hedgehog (360)
You can be sure of that, Jimbo. This won't ever freaking happen. If this project gets anywhere near Sonic 360 I think it will be due to the fact that Spire, me, and all the other good posters of this thread have already left and a generation of PennyWises have taken it over.

Kneel, loser. <_<

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Mirror Wizzrobe looks cool. I hate to gripe, but maybe a different name...? I'll let the others decide that.

TM, could you tell me which page "The Beacon" (:urg:) idea is on? Even quoting yourself would be better, I'm just too lazy to find it right now.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

Saving the world? Nooo, the game can't end like that!!!! It has to end with Ganon winning and transforming Hyrule into a world of total destruction!

But seriously, the Beacon shouldn't end up saving the world. You already said the leader of the group has too much of an imagination to actually meet his goal of saving Hyrule.

But wouldn't all of the cute little forest animals die from the fungi or whatever that has taken over the forest? And yes, THAT INCLUDES HAMTARO, WEREKILL!!!! :laugh:

The Bio Tunic is a brilliant idea, though.

Somebody please redesign Mirror Wizzrobe...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Saving the world? Nooo, the game can't end like that!!!! It has to end with Ganon winning and transforming Hyrule into a world of total destruction!

But seriously, the Beacon shouldn't end up saving the world. You already said the leader of the group has too much of an imagination to actually meet his goal of saving Hyrule.

But wouldn't all of the cute little forest animals die from the fungi or whatever that has taken over the forest? And yes, THAT INCLUDES HAMTARO, WEREKILL!!!! :laugh:

The Bio Tunic is a brilliant idea, though.

Somebody please redesign Mirror Wizzrobe...

Noooo the hams! j_j

and yes bio tunic is great.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I appreciate your apology and I accept. I just wish I was good enough to make something large-scale that we could call flawless *envious of Scott!*. But anyway, you're right, I'll keep myself busy with the small stuff till a genius thing pops into my head.

Anyway, I'll start on ideas for Link's tunics/armor right away, and I wish I had a pad to draw them with, cause I can draw okay, but I suck with using a mouse, and even worse with my Mac's trackpad. I'd like Spire or Zaneeba to draw them once I finish the descriptions.

edit: tunics, tunics, tunics!

Tunic 1: Green tunic. No description. Do I need to?
Tunic 2: Dark green tunic: fungal mask tunic. This tunic is made of material impenetrable to airborne substances. It was made by a team of adventurous people who call themselves The Beacon, who attempt to clean up Hyrule. These people made this tunic with a pull-up mask for protecting the face from the harmful fungus of the Fungal Forest, made with the sole intent of "cleaning up" the forest by defeating the fungal beasts that live there. The tunic is an evergreen color, so as to camouflage the wearer from any unwary beasts. More on The Beacon later.

That's all for now. I'm going to bed.
It was originally suggested here, Clownbot. The short description is in page 28 I believe. No double quote cause I'm a n00b.

edit: no, Phantom, it doesn't end there... and they don't go so far as to single-handedly save the world. But they do have an effect to the story to some extent. Also, they recruit Link into their ranks as Super Moderator.

edit@ Clownbot: No, actually it's on page 27.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, the Bio Tunic is really all that needs to be accomplished by the Beacon.

EDIT: The major task they accomplish, anyway, nothing else that makes too much of a difference.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Honestly, the Bio Tunic is really all that needs to be accomplished by the Beacon.

EDIT: The major task they accomplish, anyway, nothing else that makes too much of a difference.
Well they definitely need to be prominent in some parts of the land, setting up encampments and defense stations. They could also sell you certain goods depending on which enlisted merchant you speak with. Who knows, perhaps they'll fashion you a matching (yet somewhat personalized) suit of "Beacon Armor" if you complete a chain of tasks. Same could be said about a weapon.

Think of it this way. They may have been formed and act in favor of Hyrule, but it all boils down to Link -- he's the one who will ultimately save Hyrule, so they just so happen to give him goods along his journey, hence, helping save Hyrule.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well they definitely need to be prominent in some parts of the land, setting up encampments and defense stations. They could also sell you certain goods depending on which enlisted merchant you speak with. Who knows, perhaps they'll fashion you a matching (yet somewhat personalized) suit of "Beacon Armor" if you complete a chain of tasks. Same could be said about a weapon.

Think of it this way. They may have been formed and act in favor of Hyrule, but it all boils down to Link -- he's the one who will ultimately save Hyrule, so they just so happen to give him goods along his journey, hence, helping save Hyrule.
Yup. This is exactly the stuff I had in mind. Helpers, not game altering characters. *nods head in approval*

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe they help get rid of the alien growth too. :ohwell:
Dude, you need to catch up with a lot. Read the Synopsis in the OP. Maybe it'll explain a lot you're not clear on.

And you need to go back to Seinfeld.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Exactly - sort of like Telma's little group in TP, only a bit more useful.

So, any ideas for this forest dungeon? First of all, it shouldn't be the first dungeon (since some games follow the tradition of the forest dungeon coming first), because it involves reaching a certain point in the game in which you obtain another tunic, which should be somewhat far into the game. And it shouldn't follow the tradition, just for the sake of being different.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps instead of amazingly saving castle town and saving all the woodland creatures, they could... say... de-radify the Deku Tree? That way the trees can grow back in the Lost Woods without any interference with radiation.

Also, yeah, mirror wizzrobe is just a place-holder for a new name. I am not creative in the since of naming anything. For crying out loud, I called three poes the "Poe Trio." What kind of crappy name is that?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Exactly - sort of like Telma's little group in TP, only a bit more useful.

So, any ideas for this forest dungeon? First of all, it shouldn't be the first dungeon (since some games follow the tradition of the forest dungeon coming first), because it involves reaching a certain point in the game in which you obtain another tunic, which should be somewhat far into the game. And it shouldn't follow the tradition, just for the sake of being different.
I began listing the dungeons in a somewhat official order in the OP.

I'm constantly editing it, so you guys should look to it almost as much as you do the last post in the thread.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
This one could easily be the Destroyed Reactor. Although, honestly, the name sounds more fitting for Metroid. The dungeon deserves a new name, although characters in the game could mention the destroyed reactor being a part of the dungeon.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I began listing the dungeons in a somewhat official order in the OP.

I'm constantly editing it, so you guys should look to it almost as much as you do the last post in the thread.
Cool.

I just had an idea. How about I wait to put up most of my ancient hyrule stuff and just simply wait for another project? This one already makes too much sense as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom